(Topic ID: 144861)

GOT LE and Pro at IAAPA

By perryd

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Just got back from IAAPA show in FL and I put about 15 games each on both GOT LE and Pro versions. My early few takes are the game is fast, especially shot at dragon coming back at you, sometimes jumps over your flippers!! Game seemed rather easy since I am a novice player and on my 4th game I got over 350,000,000. May just be the setup or that score may not be considered high at all for this game

As for the LE, light show wonderful, dots look pretty good, sound okay, but the upper playfield has me a little baffled. You shoot for the three targets and if you miss the ball goes down to lower playfield....Seems like there should be something else to it...I was a little disappointed in the mini playfield.

Early opinion, I might lean more towards the Pro if I were to purchase one, however, at this time, It was a decent game, but it didn't knock my socks off, so I might wait til Stern's next release or see if newer code might help the title.

Curious on what others think who have played both versions of the game...

#2 8 years ago

I love having two ramps
Pro is the way to go

#3 8 years ago

I like the broken pyramid of the pro. That's right, a protector is absolutely required for the pyramid under the dragon, otherwise it will break the plastic.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

350,000,000. May just be the setup or that score may not be considered high at all for this game

I've seen a score of 17 billion, so you have to adjust your scoring expectations for this one, it's not "even" with some other recent Sterns as far as what a good game will get you.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

You shoot for the three targets and if you miss the ball goes down to lower playfield....Seems like there should be something else to it...I was a little disappointed in the mini playfield.

Isn't that kind of what you want....a fast mini playfield that encourages accuracy?

I think there is still a lot of coding to do on that area also, was the 'castle multi-ball' implemented yet? Haven't seen that on any videos thus far.

#6 8 years ago

I picked up the pro after cancelling the le. So far, it is really fun to play, and will only continue to get better. m not the biggest fan of upper playfields.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Isn't that kind of what you want....a fast mini playfield that encourages accuracy?

Perhaps, but seems like it should have more features than that....seems like the design was an afterthought, like we need to put something up there....

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Perhaps, but seems like it should have more features than that....seems like the design was an afterthought, like we need to put something up there....

I'm pretty certain it wasn't an after thought. S.Ritchie builds his LEs first then strips down. I just wish there was no drop target, a smooth ramp like the pro, and a gate diverted to put the ball to the mini pf. But I haven't played the LE yet so verdict is still out for my personal opinion.

#9 8 years ago

I agree but this time seems different .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-le-and-pro-at-iaapa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.