371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zampinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3686 7 years ago

What are the "must have" mods for the Pro? I have a nib pro on the way, should be here next week.
Thanks,
Zamp

#3691 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shaker
T-800s translite

Where can I get said translate? Link?

1 week later
#3700 7 years ago

I just got mine yesterday! This one of the fastest pins I've ever played, & I've owned & played a bunch of fast pins! lol
Question. With the new code why can't I select what house I want to play as in the beginning? It goes to Stark as the default & I can not change it. Is there a setting in the menu?

Thanks,
Zamp

IMG_20160923_090632575 (resized).jpgIMG_20160923_090632575 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160923_102806040 (resized).jpgIMG_20160923_102806040 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160923_152353513_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20160923_152353513_TOP (resized).jpg

#3717 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

The change is in the menu, just switch off casual play

Thank you! That did the trick! It plays like a different pin now, many different strategies.
This is a sleeper pin for sure! I love how fast this pin plays! I just put up my best score yet.

IMG_20160929_203209581 (resized).jpgIMG_20160929_203209581 (resized).jpg

#3721 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm still wondering why this is sterns biggest current 'sleeper' pin amongst players. ghostbuster and kiss have nothing on this furious, fast, and strategic machine imo. happy flippin' friday!

When GB was revealed it stole the spotlight from everything. It was a dream theme for many people, & it truly looks & sounds great!
GOT when it was released was also the dream theme for many, but the art work killed it's momentum right out of the gate. I was very critical of the art & didn't hide it in my comments on this forum. I basically wrote off GOT in my mind, & I believe many have.

When I played GOT(pro) for the 1st time I was blown away! So fast, so smooth, such great flow, & a different set of rules that requires some thought & strategy. Excellent ruleset!

I still feel the art is week, but it is easier on the eyes in person. The art is really the only negative on this pin. The gameplay, the rules, the sounds, & the call outs are all so good that you forget about the art. Heck the ball is moving so fast the only focus is trying to track it & lineup your next shot! In contrast to GB, which plays in my opinion below average(pro) & has a somewhat boring & repetitive ruleset.

GB is a good pin, but GOT is a Great pin!

4 weeks later
#3785 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ball 3, only targaryan 3 left. Playing as Baratheon. Who thinks I can do it?

This guy does!

11 months later
#4866 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dont care how anyone wants to sugar coat it; plain and simple, GOT not getting a final update sucks! No ifs, ands, buts about it. Yea, Dwight had family emergencies that initially pulled him off from completing GOT, I get that and respect family + health issues. But, when he returns to work and his employer doesnt let him finish where he left off and instead throws 2 more games on his plate (GB + SW), that in lies the problem.
Dwight has a whole slew of problems, polish, balance, bugs, etc... to address with GOT and he knows this.
The upper playfield rules and integration suck. Lack of balance with certain houses suck. having a call out for some houses and blank 'empty space' for others suck. The amount of bugs the game has SUCK. The games isnt complete. We know this, Dwight knows this. Sterns code support for non-lyman released games has been shit. Always has, always will. Even Lyman got reamed in the ass when developing TWD code and was yanked from it from his employer. And From what i understand, he eventually just locked himself in his basement and didnt go into the stern factory for months so that he could finish TWD. And in turn, the game is now epic because of it. Probably sold a few hundred more titles or more cause of it.
Stern is the problem here, not the programmers. And with that, im looking elsewhere for my next title(s). Screw SW, Screw AS, Screw GoTG...Until Stern gets their head out of there arrogant 'operator's market' ass, I'm eyeing JJP for my next title or a proven classic remake (AFMr, ACDC, etc...). Dialed in is 10X the game SW, GOT, any stern for that matter in both build quality and code quality. Sad but true. /rant over.

AMEN Brother!!!! I'm 100% with you.
I was a hardcore Stern supporter over the years(view my pin history), but I just can't support(NIB) a company that is trying to take advantage of it's consumers! I'm done making excuses for them. The issues are pilling up for them. They simply just don't care.
I bought a Dialed In last week. When I unboxed it I started laughing out loud. I hadn't seen one in person!(I know, never buy till you try). The Quality, the Toys, the Art, the playfield, the Weight difference, Everything is so far superior to the last several Stern titles, it is literally laughable. Not to mention an absolute blast to play!

Star Wars should be in my game room right now, not a Dialed In. Star Wars might be a "fun" pin to play. But, with all of the quality control issues, the Photoshop playfield, the complete lack of toys, & beta code all while raising prices. My $$ goes elsewhere.

#4868 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I agree with you overall but SW is probably $2800 cheaper. Sure, pay more for "quality" I get it, but it's chunk of change man.

It is. It's a lot of $ for sure. Enough to make you go, "Did I just spend nearly $10k on a damn pinball machine!?" lol

A few years ago I could have bought 2 new Stern pro's for that! lol
Times have changed.

#4871 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I thought this was a Game of Thrones thread... I guess the bashing just can't keep to relevant threads.

GOT is made by Stern, it's relevant. I addressed the "code" issue, among other things. Plus, I'm a former owner/contributor to this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zampinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=zampinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.