371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 8 years ago

Played the pro and had a good time. But jesus christ that's the glorious return of the Videa Mode?
I took some video of me playing it for those who haven't seen it yet

If only it looked that good.

Quoted from Aurich:

I've reached the point where I can no longer tell what's a subtle joke about flow being overrated, and what people are really serious about.

Flow is right under "shooter lane wear" and right above "dialed in" for stupid terms

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Please. I can tell that's not sterns GOT video mode. One, it's in full colour, and two, the graphics and movement are WAY better.

Aurich colored ours.

I got a little NF feeling with GOT for sure. I was saying before the Pyramid show is the same as the skyjump shot on NF. Tricks you into thinking you can shoot it with the left flipper. It's like iof you took NF and moved all the ramps up closer to the flippers.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like greyjoy cause of stealing other house powers but I cannot complete more than one ore two houses a game. Haha.

Need to be look into that stuff more as i don;t now all the rules. I always started selecting the Starks, hitting center ramp 15 times and thren cashing in left loop. Easy way to start with 150+ mill

1 month later
#642 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'm not a terrible player by any means, but ball times are pretty short on the LE.

Are you sure? Haven't played the LE but Pro times are long. I ASSume LE would only get longer with upper PF?

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I understand that this is just your opinion man, but you really come off sounding like Kaneda with this statement. (Unless of course you work at Stern and have inside information)

Code was shipped complete remember?

#644 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I guess you nailed it, then. I suck.

Well we were all thinking it...someone had to say it

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Immediate fix to make the game challenging for good players, with more reasonable times for ops:

Does the game ship with black rubbers?

#668 8 years ago

Pro

V1.18 - December 22, 2015
==========================
- SHOOT AGAIN insert will now be visible during bonus count.
- Adjusted timing of first Martell "2 more to light" movie.
- Fixed message typo "CHANGE YOUR CHOICE"
- Tweaked the instructions for Baratheon Start
- Tweaked wildfire RGB color for blackwater to be more green
- Fixed ball not leaving after mystery if you choose your
last advance wall.
- Disabled flippers during video mode
- Fixed INSTANT INFO spinner page. Cleaner layout, shows
full value.
- Added an Adjustment to control the number of house
completions needed to light extra ball. The default is 3
houses to light extra ball.
- Added Bonus Multiplier to the bonus instant info
- Added houses needed for extra ball to instant info
- Tweaked Blackwater multiball 3rd ball lock to include the
archer.
- Tweaked Instant Info pages for houses. Added sigil and
total value awarded.
- Fixed Video mode instruction text
- Fixed broken SJP scoring from a previous release -
SJP == ((6 * SJP level * jackpot amount) + SJP BASE AMOUNT) * playfield mult
- Fixed - Mystery will not be lit if Wall multiball, Hand, or Iron
Throne is ready to start
- Added slight pause to left drop target bank reset during gameplay.
- Fixed - Attract mode casual mode message will not play if there
are no credits.
- Remove speech that was hard to understand at the end of multiball
- Fixed - Multipliers will now always pause while in mystery.
Mystery and Video mode
will now pause the timers correctly.
- Added speech for getting the super jackpot and awarding it.
- Added the ability to buy Bonus held from Mystery
- Tweaked the bass of some sounds.
- Tweaked the scoring for Hand of the King Wizard mode. Only the
best four shots of each set will contribute to the Super jackpot
value and therefore the SJP Hurry Up value too.
- Tweaked - Hand of the King can no longer be started during house
modes.
- Tweaked how much things cost in Mystery
- Cleaned up the text for Instant info for wall multiball.
- Added Secret Multiball (Make sure your clock is set)
- Added speech to Blackwater Multiball jackpots.
- Tweaked - Drop target bank awarding Lord of Light has been reworked.
The bank will no longer care about ball in play. Difficulty
adjustment added. Once Per Game is now the default.
- Added speech to Wall Mulitball jackpots.
- Added additional top gate logic after Wall Multiball has been
completed. Left orbit will always loop after the first wall.
- Tweaked - Use shorter bonus multiplier sequence when awarded
thru pops.
- Addressed a couple sound issues. Sounds should hiccup less.
Engineering analysis ongoing.
- Fixed - control gate logic should work more consistently.
- Reduced how much Wall jackpots and super jackpots are worth
- Increased how much WINTER HAS COME Boss is worth.
- Changed the calculation that converts wildfire into jackpot value
for blackwater multiball. Jackpots are worth more with less wildfire.
This also increases the super jackpot values too.
- Tweaked how much gold you get from different areas of the game. If you
are not Lannister you will average less gold per ball.
- Increased how much gold is worth from bonus.
- Reduced the number of sets needed to "complete" Hand of the king from
4 to 3. Greyjoy still reduces it by 1 from 3 to 2.
- Added to casual mode - lamp effects are less intense. Casual mode will
override the adjustment "REDUCE INTENSE LAMP EFFECTS". If the game is in
casual mode lamp effects will be less intense.

#670 8 years ago

Hopefully the reduced lighting effects will reduce the crying by a couple people around here.

#674 8 years ago

haha WTF 3 days!

#678 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

which is also the default set up of the game.

So more crying coming, gotcha.

#680 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Yea, pretty slow dowwnloading. Hope this fixes both of the multiball bugs.

Be interesting to hear from PRO owners. Seems like the LE update is screwing the pooch in a couple areas.

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mid January. I ordered mine back in November. Still no game. Confirmed mid January with Tilt in OH.

Putting us to sleep...let's go already!

#732 8 years ago

Never had to wait more than a couple days with Trent. Crap I ordered mine in December so I wonder how many are ahead of me. Lots of waiting it seems.

#787 8 years ago

Congrats...still waitin' over here. Haven't played the LE yet, but I wouldn't spend that much anyway.
To me the dragon looks pretty dumb and the light in it's mouth is even weaker....but to each their own. I don't even think I notice the throne.

#823 8 years ago

He seems to talk quite a bit. When I first heard it, I thought; "Wow, this voice actor really nailed it, sounds just like the hound." The other voices not as much but I'm not that nit picky.

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

For what it's worth I passed on the Walking Dead due to the fact that there were no real character call outs only generic ones.

Yes many wanted to hear Daryl's sexy huffing 7 panting and many people cried their fan boy eyes out. Now everyone loves the frikkin thing so take that for whatever it's worth.

Often, I wish my Metallica voices were done by voice actors.

#827 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Btw; how the heck do you beat house stark playing as greyjoy?

It's not standard ramps then orbit cash out?

1 week later
#941 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

User "cornycrunch" mentioned something about "Targaryen III". Does that mean that the modes have different levels to them such as those in Star Trek?

Also, does the ruleset in GOT make you work the entire playfield the same as Keith Johnson's rules in LOTR?

No. targarayen is the hardest mode and requires multiple things to defeat it. It's the only one like that.

Diff'rent modes or houses require diff'rent hits to the areas of PF. So Stark is hitting ramps to increase amount then spinners to cash out.

Someone else can answer the question aboot upper PF.

#944 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is the button on the lockdown integrated fairly well at this point?

PRO - You can cash out your gold for points during your ball by hitting it, and the Martell house if you play them it';s used to add a ball during MB...so it's decent I guess.

#948 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does selecting any of the other houses change the rules?

They have diff'rent advantages to them.

#957 8 years ago

Chuck, are still waiting on yours also?

#987 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Could be fun for league play or casual competition as I suspect league play (and maybe tournament play), players are more compelled to pick house Martell or Greyjoy?

Well if those 2 houses are seen as having an advantage, then randomly getting them in a league/tourney setting would not be cool. Unless it was selecting BOTH players as the same house, which is kind of cool. Or maybe that's what you meant anyway?

#1000 8 years ago

Only tried a little backhanding the dragon shot without much luck, that probably what reminded me of NF.
(Location play only)

#1012 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You seriously have to hit like 15-20 shots to complete that last level.

No shit...damn that's a chunk alright.

#1018 8 years ago

Yuck, no topper for me.

#1035 8 years ago

played the LE today and jesus man, that puppy is bright. For those complaining aboot winter is coming be hard on the eyes, stay away from from the prem/LE which is brighter, and a lot more often.

Anyway, upper PF was decent but not super for me, and I don't quite like how you lose visibility, but I got used to it after a couple games. The entire thing looks better for sure not being so barren, but the brightness is annoying to me. But for sure I was having trouble hitting the ram with left flipper, didn't really bother me though.

#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

For those who have played the pro and the LE, is the LE worth the extra money. The upper playfield looks like it occupies allot of space that the ball would usually be whipping around in. Also, it is sort of distracting that the flippers on the upper playfield are always flipping as opposed to being "activated" when the ball enters that area. I only played the pro and though it was great.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Not only is there an upper Playfield, but there is also the full Playfield colour changing lights,

Depends what you're into. The "added light show" is worth less to me than the normal lighting, it's beyond abnoxious to me; but lots of people love the bright look.

I just played the LE yesterday for a long time and coming from only playing the pro, I got used to the UPF "blocking" my view pretty quick. And to be honest I never even noticed the upper flippers. I mean, do your BK flippers bother you?

#1048 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Got ya, thanks. No the BK flippers do not bother me. I guess it different when your playing and when your watching. Would you go pro or LE since you have time on both?

Believe me I made a point of judging if the flippers bothered me; and they didn't at all.

I'm already ordering a pro; but I guess if monies were no object I would probably usually get an LE. I don't have the funds to buy LEs, so probably not the best person to ask. The upper PF adds a new deminsion to the game for sure, and elongates it quite a bit. I feel like it's a little less balanced, but you could also see it as more depth & more to do. If you have the monies you get an UPF and it looks way better, other than the backglass. Again...the lights are super annoying to me.

#1074 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Distro said end of this month.

Uff, I haven't even checked in since weeks ago when it was "probably mid Jan."

#1076 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Is there any indicator on the playfield (or DMD) that shows how many balls are locked at a given time?

It's in instant info, but another way of knowing if it's BW MB, you will NOT see a lock animation before you have the option of picking a house. If it's ball 1 or 2 lock it will tell you.

#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

way better customer service, more professional type layout

We get to buy out machines out of a barn....that's pretty kick ass actually.
Not to mention like 6 hours closer.

1 week later
#1149 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

were you able to get left orbits on that LE or did it always drop in pops?

Quoted from dfsays:

The Battle for the Wall MB is quite a bit tougher to get to on this version too. Probably because it adds the MB mode on the mini-PF?

Was it harder to get to Wall MB because you were trying to light it via the top roll overs? Because in the Prem/LE it's advanced by dragon/whitewalker kick back. That fooled me for awhile myself.

I felt like that game did what it should with the left orbit...some times it went around, sometimes it went to the pops.
EDIT: Like for martell with orbits lit they would go around, nothing lit they would go into pops.

#1154 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Do you think the game needs another layer of call outs?

For sure. I think later updates will have mroe of everything. I thought i noticed some real downtime with nothing happening last time I played.

The hound is good, much better than Bones; but I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to The frikkin Hound tell me I'm being too rough with....well anything.

#1156 8 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

Well, quit tilting/sliding the game into different area codes! Lmao

If it stopped deserving it I WOULD!!

#1175 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Which shaker motor should I go with? Already have a sub....any other "must have" mods?

No, just play the thing instead of gluing shit to it.

#1181 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Does it need Cliffy's?

Not that's I'm aware...unless you want them on the flipper inlanes.

#1206 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not set up in my house yet but here are some quick pics:

Enjoy...mines coing home next Saturday

#1221 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

It is only advanced by completing the two top rollovers or a pop or dragon mystery award. When you see the animation after shooting the ramp it is just a delayed graphic.

On the Prem/LE the top rollovers do not advance to wall, only on the pro.

#1280 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And remember everybody saying this machine was a dog to look at? I have to disagree now.

if you didn't spend $500 on that topper you might

#1285 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The playfield art was a dog when it was first revealed, but when the lighting is on, somehow it all just WORKS.

Because you're blinded by light so much you can't see the terrible artwork?

Double

Speaking of ugly...when the hell is my Pro ready for pick up

#1307 8 years ago

Gosh I wouldn't think so...that is very strange.

#1349 8 years ago

Wow I can't believe it took this long for this old chestnut to get dusted off

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#1358 8 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

On the LE, it seemed to light the dragon for progress toward Wall MB after I lit both top rollovers. I couldn't just shoot the dragon and advance the Wall counter. Difficulty might have been turned up.
For the money, I still prefer the pro. Pound for pound, a better bang for the buck than the LE/prem, which feels like a very different game in some ways. LE is still the shiz, but I'd take the pro and save the rest toward SMVE. Ha!

Huh...I had opposite results on the same machine; whom knows. My Pro should be here this weekend so if you're in A2 again you can come over and save some cash

#1362 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

How do we make this thread the official GOT club thread?

You would just need to contact the OP and he could change the title of the thread

#1381 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I'm sure they won't let me get one of each, so I'd probably go stark too.

Just throwing it on to throw it on eh?

#1394 8 years ago

Getting mine tomorrow afternoon.

#1471 8 years ago

WEll, it's in the house and kicking ass as of Saturday.

One thing you notice in the house instead of an arcade is the sound package was way way thinner than I thought; and I thought it was super thin. So hopefully they fix that.

#1473 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. Seems like a lot of clips with no sound associated with them.

It's like when you stack some shit and then start Wall MB and feeling a little pumped as the horn goes off 2 times...and then 7 seconds of silence.

#1475 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

then the next two hits are tiny video clips of people standing around saying nothing to each other. Waah waah. Haha

Ha right...you sort of get a blade noise at the very end. Speaking of which....

Probably covered in all these pages is the point of Martell to begin with; which eludes me. Revisionist history? Not complete? Wishful thinking? I hate to break it to Mr. Martell, but that isn't quite how that battle ended

#1481 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It was his teeth chattering across the courtyard that got me. Yuck!

My wife didn't like that either, as I kept 30 second skipping back so watch it again and again....and again.

Back and to the left...back and to the left.

Man she loved that guy.

#1485 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

I guess I'm glad I don't watch the show.

Yup, universally hated.

#1513 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Guys! Always pass on houses until you lock two balls then on third ball locked select two houses to complete at same time.

Well only if it's the correct houses. You def don't want to take Stark or baratheon in to MB.

Got Iron Throne last night, but didn't make a killing. I think it's time to take the outlane posts completely out.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also battle for the wall multiball. I hit the kickback to advance that right? For each hit to the kickback does it advance by one?

NO! I keep telling you pro owners it's the top lanes.

#1516 8 years ago

Oh I guess you were talking aboot Prem/LE rules.

#1518 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I have to compete on one this weekend and wanted to be clear on some of the differences.

So funny when I first played the LE I ripped through around 10 top lane completions..."wow it's really tough to get wall MB on the LE!"

LE is cool, the upper playfield is...neat...but not needed. I guess it adds another MB but I wasn;t super impressed with it. Wouldn't mind having the UPF mind you, but the brightness factor of LE wasn't for me either.

#1521 8 years ago

The only real issue with GOT are the horrible WIC lighting...seriously I can't see a goddamn thing when.....ha, just kidding. I don't have any problems in complete darkness or light

#1523 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

WHC MB is so badass. Cannot wait to get back to that mode.
image_(resized).png

That was another one, the first time I got it I wrecked it...lasted forever and I didn't know aboot the left flipper thing because I had heard sometimes flippers can go dead in MB That was a 5.4 game.
Last night I got WHC/IT and sort of sucked them both up...pedestrian 3.5ish

#1535 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have approached my GOT pro in this exact same way.

I'll usually light Greyjoy first, and finish off the WIC award on that left loop, It's very easy and safe. Lannister comes naturally loading the balls for lock. Plus, if it no lock is lit you can bang out the center ramp WIC right away too.
EDIT: Then you can also throw Martell in there, you can get rid of both orbit WIC, and basically have Wall MB lit pretty damn early.

#1541 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

What are people doing with the outlanes? Stock from the factory comes all the way up.
I like my games set stock, but I'm getting a lot of left and right nonsense drains. Seems to happen mostly from trying to slow down an rocketed orbit shot.

They're all the way up but I'm thinking of taking them out...something i usually don;t do, but this game is very forgiving.

#1561 8 years ago

Mmm, I don't know about forgiving. Honestly not trying to toot my own horn, but my IFPA ranking is under 200 and I've been having a tough time with this pin. Current HS is only 2.4 billion.

It's no 13 million but this was a sweet, mostly done on ball 3 game. Only a few shots left and I would have completed Iron Throne. The bonus was 254 million!- MY KIND OF BONUS!

*toot* *toot* What a diff'rence 12 hours makes eh?
But to my point, it's extremely forgiving in the side drain department. I don't know how long you've been playing it, but the game times get really long. When I first played it months ago, I was amazed at the speed and it it had some quick game times...those days are over.

#1564 8 years ago

Also,
Does the flipper freeze on the pro? I didn't notice anything

In WHC it does....but I never noticed it in any other MB

haha, I think it was just one of those games! Most done on a ball 3? Insanity I say...

Trust me...just give it a week and see what your average becomes. I got Iron Throne is like 4 days of owning it. It's no Atlantis.

#1579 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

On a pro how do you buy things with gold? Is there a hidden lock somewhere?
Also I think I read the pro doesn't have color changing inserts. If that's correct how do you know the active shots when doing the house battles?

Post comes up and holds in kickback.

It has color changing inserts. EDIT: Not as many or annoying but the main shots have it...just like ST

Pro - 7 Full Spectrum color-changing RGB LED's under playfield Shield inserts 
Prem/LE - 63 Full Spectrum color-changing RGB LED's under ALL inserts

#1581 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The Swords values seem to vary widely.

Huh...I never even thought of the value of them to be honest. Just a wild guess but Stern coding likes % these days...so maybe the sword value is a % of the house value you completed to light it?
EDIT: That sounded so good pulled out of my ass I'm going to believe it forever no matter what

#1583 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

The values for the particular swords are fixed, but it seems like *what* sword you get is completely random.

Booo!

#1587 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What lights the swords?

Completing a house mode.

#1591 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So while its easy to get to WHC; its difficult to score well in it unless you built up those hurry ups.

Yeah and it's easy not to rush to get the WIC hurry ups, because they aren't worth many points. So you half ass them and then you have a half ass WHC.

#1595 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I usually go for WIC hurryups when i come out of a multiball and my pf multiplier is 3x,4x,5x.

Hmmm...I'll try that out. To be honest I haven't been micro managing with the hurry ups as much as I should. As I said before I like to bacg out the left orbit right off the bat to get it out of the way. Perhaps I'll get them close and then work on multipliers.

#1596 8 years ago

Doesn't look worth it for me yet

PRO V1.23 - February 5, 2016
============================
Fixes:
- Fixed an issue introduced in v1.20 concerning flipper power
- Fixed an issue in which the tournament button light was not
lighting up when a tournament was running and there were credits
on the machine.

#1598 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I agree.
That update looks like a skip for me.

I'll pass on it, and send it over to the Kiss guys, brighten their day a bit

#1600 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

It's a cool effect, but I'd say getting your normal playfield lighting back is reason enough *to* rush the hurryups.

Naw, doesn't bother me...these eyes are still working well.

#1635 8 years ago

Question...what is the high score for Winter champ exactly? Is it the addition of all your WIC scores? Mine sits at 144m, so it obviously isn't the WIC score champ as that is low.

#1637 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I assumed it was the amount of the highest WIC hurry up collected.

Ahhhh

#1644 8 years ago

okay,
yeah, I've gotten there 5 or 6 times and haven't noticed anything. The last time I was there I did pretty shitty too.

The first time I got there, I beast moded it and played for a super long time, and it happened quite a bit (much to my confusion). Been there more than a few times since and hasn't happened again.

#1646 8 years ago

There you have it, Thanks Eskaybee

#1751 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm in! Placed order today for a pro. Excited to get it, what mods should I start thinking about?

Congrats! Just worry aboot playing it. Save them monies for more machines.

#1791 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I still think that would be a fantastic drain quote...or when you just have a terrible game they should roll that clip.

Frikkin double drain brings the double shame

#1818 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Scoring and game play seemed identical. Is there a difference between the modes?

Interesting. Just a guess, but since casual doesn't let you pick houses, I would ASSume that holding the buttons is just a way to override and enter "normal" mode?

I don't think we should confuse competition mode with tournament mode...of course I could be wrong.

#1821 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If they are different, I am not sure how to start tournament mode on mine. I see were competition mode is, but don't remember seeing tournament mode in the settings, so I assumed that is what competition mode was. I will test it tonight and see if I can tell the differences.

Tournament mode is always a setting you have to change...unless you install the button.

Like I said I'm just guessing...but "competition" mode is a term I'm not familiar with from Stern, but then WTF is "advanced mode?" So weird. Check it out.

#1828 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those of you that have been to IT multiple times, what route do you normally take? I was trying Tyrell, then play Tyrell mode right away to increase my multipliers. Then try and bring two of Lan, GJ, or Targaryen into multiball. Then pick off the other modes as they happen.
My new strategy with conquering targaryen has been to bring it into Multiballs. Especially the last wave.

Tyrell is for players for sure. I was doing that last night...tyrell first, GJ & Lan in MB, then dealing with Stark and maybe getting anopther 1 or 2 in Wall. I do find tyrell adds a bit of pressure for me, whcih it really shouldn't. Got to IT last night and ended up with a 5.6....I call this a victory as I had LITERALLY the lowest possible WHC...I think it was 20M...I don;t know WTF happened.

If Targarayn is there to take into MB I will...but I don;t find them super tough and like to do them on their own.

#1890 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Top less or not, that translite just does not look good.

So bad. Like a lonely high school girl drew it.

#1914 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It is good practice to use it if you have 5x going and the timer for 5x is about to expire as there's no way to refresh the pf multiplier once its reached 5x. By doing this, highest ive seen is 80 mil. And its usually in multiball when i see the high value.

Yeah been trying...most I've got so far is around 15m

#1929 8 years ago

It's music...in a pinball machine. I guess if you're just getting into pins it might annoy you.

#1947 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I know it's pinball and it's cool but having the right soundtracks to the right modes and fitting voices and callouts are important to me when it's a theme I'm crazy about.

I love ya...but you need to get over it.

#1949 8 years ago

WOW...well played! I'm mentally missing a few steps to get really high values...it'll come.

2 weeks later
#2107 8 years ago

Gots to remember to update my gots this weekend!

#2109 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Me too. I tried last night but it wouldn't work. Might buy a new flash and try again

I've for sure had to re-download codes before and try 2 times to get it to work. Seems to be finicky aboot it for some reason.

#2174 8 years ago

Greyjoy "steals" the ability of the house it defeats. So many people will beat Martell first, so they get the "add a ball" ability right away."
In all houses but 1, it takes additional shots to complete the houses in order to "balance" this power.
That is why you will see shots lit in both colors, green/purple for tyrell say, then addition shot/s lit only in purple, the Greyjoy "penalty shot/s."
EDIT: Greyjoy also starts with their house complete, giving an advantage in houses complete, but has a penalty for Hand of the King as I recall.

#2180 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you talking about IT? That's impressive if you think it's easy to get there and getting center ramp rejects from the left flipper.

Well it's a touch easier when you take the WIC flashers out of the game

#2184 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I had my game not leveled right I guess...
After I brought it home from LAX, it's like butter now.

Oh maybe you have it incorrectly leveled now?

#2186 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Tonite it missed registering 2 extra ball orbits in a row - I was soo angry over that.

Uff that would piss me off too.

Quoted from markp99:

Those friggin' outlanes are my nemesis!

You shaking that bad boy when it gets near the outlanes? Don't let it push you around!

#2200 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Im not sure what you're getting at, but if you're suggesting that the game is meant to be difficult by having strobing flashers in your face then I'd argue that any game that requires blinding you for difficulty is immediately a boring loser of a game that I want no part in.

Ha you know that's what I'm saying. What happens when the left flipper goes dead in WHC...is that a benefit to the player?

#2207 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

The relative lightness of the pro makes the one I play on essentially super-sensitive. I have zero-to-tilted on many occasions that would be one warning max on any other recent Stern.

I agree it seems to go over the warnings pretty quick.

#2266 7 years ago

I think my ram actually went the way of SR and sort of broke itself in after awhile; it was pretty damn bad at the beginning. I'll make sure to double check this weekend and grease her up if I have to.

#2272 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

EDIT: I should mention that i typically do Tyrell/Lannister with BW mb #1, Baratheon/GJ with my 2nd multiball. Then use single ball play to clean up those modes that got unfinished.

I actually like doing Tyrell on it's own before MB personally. You have to watch yourself and the order so you don't get boned with your locks/lannister situation.

#2276 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How often are you guys getting BW multiball twice? I'm getting to it another time like once every 15-20 games.

I've actually started going for it more lately. Usually I would get caught up in a sort of get the 2 houses with BWM, then try to move in quickly to HOTK etc. I've run into lately that instead of hitting a shot toward progression in a house, I can just wing a shot at light a lock a lot and do some damage there.

#2287 7 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Damn, which should I get? Pro or Prem? Money is not an issue.

If I were keeping it forever I might make it a Prem. Also, the lighting is super extreme on the prem/LE if that factors in at all

#2305 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

OMG!!!!! I completed 6 houses on ball one and was on the third level of targaryen. In the next 3 balls (one was an extra ball), I drained out with drogon having like one fifth of his life left. I couldn't believe it!! At least now I know IT is possible haha

Damn Chuck Great/Horrible job!!!!

#2376 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

the pro is curretnly ranked 84th or something like that? .

And HS is ranked at #85...HS def should be higher than GOT.

#2387 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

playfield measures as horizontally flat using my digital leveler.

Just try bumping the front right leg a turn or 2

#2395 7 years ago

First shot going right for the Targayreans!

#2402 7 years ago

haha nice one Chuck...something fun to try this weekend!

#2409 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

How do you get more wing flap out of the dragon. Mine does a small flap but the one in the video above seems to have more travel?

Do you have a pro? I think the prem/le move more.

#2419 7 years ago

Good to know as Wall MB is pretty much worthless to me.

#2425 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So I was trying to see if there is a viable strategy for using the drops since the default setting is one LOL per game.

Yeah I tried a bunch of spinner games when Sk8ball mentioned it before. The main drawback is it's a really really slow road to head down. Even @ 1.5-2 million and pulling 50mills a spin, which sounds like a lot, it takes forever.
The plus side is it's very safe, backhand spinner-catch-post pass-repeat, and I'll still go to it if i notice all of a sudden the spinner value is up there.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Added ice blues to the black left GI...

You're heading down a very dangerous road Chuck...don't do it!

#2432 7 years ago

I put together a nice Wall+WIC stack last night and pulled out under 200m for both combined...so umm....yeah.

#2436 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It would be great if Baratheon got the 3 bank rule and all other houses got the once per game rule. Food for thought.

That's so funny, that's exactly what I thought last night when I was playing.

#2438 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I still get multiple LOL awards during the game. Normal?

Are you sure you're getting them from the drops and not awards from the pops? After the update default is for sure 1 per game.

#2440 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Could be from the pops. I need to take glass off and test.

To tell you the truth I didn't really pay attention when people mentioned it, and I have been playing for weeks with the new code and didn't really notice it was only giving it once.

#2443 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

That, or maybe have it stay lit until you actually use it. Really frustrating to light it on ball 1 then go down the center a few seconds later.

Agreed, because unless you have a supreme garbage ball 1, it's going to be lit on ball 1 always.

Edit: Hey wait I got it...player lights LOL with Baratheon with action button once per game

#2445 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. That would be kind of interesting actually. Would've been convenient a couple games I was really close to IT.

And don't deploy it too soon...oops you hit the button right before MB started

sounds fun

#2460 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Going into a match play scenario, which are you choosing?

I'll always say that Tournament play the houses should be randomized and the same for both/all players.

#2465 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Why? It takes all the strategy out of the game then.

this game will have a lot of player strategy involved that has to be adjusted based off player skill.

Playing competitively is just as much of a mind game ...

That's only one side of the coin. From the other side, you could see it as having to know all the strategies of the houses as more knowledge of the game, and having to react to another set of "barriers," which all tournament machines already do.

I actually don't really agree with this 2nd point. The abilities of the houses at present don't interact with each other in anyway, and you can both pick the same house. I could see another level of strat if say houses cannot be repeated...then what do you do? Choose first because you want Martell bad? Or go second, and "counter" one house with another? As of now you're 99% on what house you choose no matter what.

I'm familiar with competitive play.

#2467 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

How are you reacting to barriers?

I'm of the opinion that people need to play to their strengths and by forcing people into choices takes away their ability to do so and hinders the integrity of the game .

You are having to adjust your game to another set of strategies and skillsets...you are opposed to this because of "the integrity of pinball" (throw-up in my mouth a bit ), yet all tournament play is like this. Wider outlines, posts removed, and tighter tilts etc etc; This would just be another set of factors.

We can agree to disagree then. Some people would see it as having to adapt and use more skill in order to win...some people don't; not a big deal.

Quoted from 85vett:

I want to find the best player on a game while it sounds like you want to find the best player on a game for a set situation.

Diff'rence of opinion but I would argue there is no diff'rence...they are the same. Every place you play & every single machine IS it's own set situation. Being the "best" at a game is only being the best at that particular game in a given situation.

#2469 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This is akin to having tournament mode force everyone to start with the same song on AC/DC or KISS, or have everyone on Transformers start as Decepticon, for example.

I just couldn't get behind that idea for a legit IFPA tourney.

Correct.

Well it wouldn't have the full grandeur & legitimacy of playing people of all diff'rent classes on random games picked by a computer...we get that

#2473 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Random house would do nothing to change my strategy fyi

Well it pissed everyone off in this thread pretty quick so...

#2512 7 years ago

Man I got no idea whats goin on...

t_(resized).jpgt_(resized).jpg

#2523 7 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I am so tempted by this game but I don't know if I am willing to part with TWD yet..

That's a tuffy right there.

#2538 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bet stern didn't think about that situation in the coding.

I bet they did. Remember it would only happen if the 2 houses were completed on the same single shot.
This is funny because we've talked aboot this for weeks yet neither of us have tested it

#2541 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm guessing it wouldn't require the single shot to complete both houses if you are in a MB. Sounds like something fun to try and test though.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn't know about the same single shot deal either. if it's not the same single shot what happens? Does the other mode just end automatically?

Well my point is one house will always be "completed" first, unless it's a single shot...so probably (Assuming!) the first house completed would be the 4th house in HOTK.
But yes...let's try this this weekend.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't know how to take off the glass.

#2548 7 years ago

Yeah someone post a pic of this ram...I wanna see how ugly it is

#2552 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is anyone having issues uploading pics? I'm getting an error every time.

Nope

Quoted from 85vett:

Not my game but here is a pic.

73d65d8db656b6a270d8c4ad2b884b58c5ac6ab4_(resized).jpg

Ah thanks...that aint bad at all.

#2556 7 years ago

Dude WTF shave that thing.

#2566 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

.....Although Ive always kinda liked the Steelers (Rod Woodson-Greg Lloyd days-sorry bro).

Finally

#2643 7 years ago

I hate shakers. There...take that!

#2658 7 years ago

I don't really "hate" them they just don't excite me in the least. It's one of those things that's kind of silly to me...really getting excited because a game is shaking; it's just weird.
For me it's a lot like undercab lighting..."Wow my game is making a bunch of light that's coming out the bottom...amAzBalLZzz!!1!!

Quoted from kermit24:

Guys,
Picked up a figure at the local comic shop and found a perfect spot. She is even wearing the same outfit as the backglass!

It's spot on with her acting abilities!

3 weeks later
#2854 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK, blonde moment here I guess. Did anyone else know that you can adjust the bass and treble in the sound in the settings menu? Had no clue until just now after doing the update.

I actually didn't until I ran into it last week by accident.
EDIT: It doesn't seem to make any diff'rence though...maybe more with headphones...or better speakers

#2866 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

C C C or LLL, R, LLL, R, LLL, RR should be hello world.

Damn...that sounds awesome!!!!!

#2868 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's a homage to the first computer program coded in C ++ I believe.

Yep...sounds aboot the excitement level

#2956 7 years ago

Hell, I even own a pair of mirror blades (don't care for them) that I bought on a Black Friday sale years ago

#2979 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

And he's been learning some bad rage tilt habits from playing in league. hehehehehe

YES! We need the next generation to keep our rage alive

#2995 7 years ago

obviously not Maisie, sounds nothing like her.

Quoted from swampfire:

Imagine if some anonymous woman said "Super Jackpot, Whoa-ho-ho-ho" on LOTR.

The worst part is the inflection is all off on that quote. It's like "suPER Jackpot." It's weird.

#2998 7 years ago

"Top of the Muffin TO YOU!"

#3003 7 years ago

I think she did a very average voice over job. I think she sounds like someone that doesn't do them for a living.

1 week later
#3025 7 years ago

Thank god **SPOILERS** he's dead. So annoying

#3028 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My GoT arrived this week. I realized my gold mirror blades are for Bally/Williams, so they have the bolt hole. Not going to unpackage them since they're slotted for The Shadow.
Today I added clear flipper buttons with white LED strips lighting them up, wood signs and wired up the subwoofer. Also added the swords I bought and instead of placing them behind the stand up target brackets, I cut them to proper length and installed them on the spotlight posts to hide the ugly posts. Another sword was placed on the wall of the shooter lane and another placed across the top of the left ramp.
Still waiting for the flipper decals and the Stern desert sideart.

Wow that sounds great, did you schedule some time to actually play the thing or are all the slots filled by making it look like shit?

I kid, you know I do...welcome to the club man it's a kick ass game!

#3060 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Friendly GOT Pro tournament this weekend gents?
Factory settings,

That means top outlane settings!

#3145 7 years ago

Well I was only able to pull a 3.1 Martell; only score good enough to mention. That was probably around 4-5 beers in and hockey was starting. Didn't have a lot of time this weekend, but great idea Chuckwurt; look forward to another weekend challenge!

Looking for Baratheon only next time!

#3162 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So tonight I defeated the video mode for 300M points.

Yeah that's the only time to play that crap.

#3181 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also remember that even if the dragon kickback is NOT lit blue, if you hit it, it will take a small amount of Drogon's life off.

The only thing I don;t like is the lighting in Targaryeon. They love lighting a path to the dragon when it isn;t the correct shot.

#3186 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They want the lights to simulate the dragon breathing fire,...

I don't think so....the lights go into the dragoons mouth

#3189 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I guess with all the action I assumed that the lights in the dragon kickback lane were lighting in sequence towards the player,

Doesn't the premium use the same trick in the upper playfield to simulate the dragon breathing fire?

No it heads towards the dragon.

Don't know anything aboot prem+

1 week later
#3232 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

We also need a Dany mod to add to the back of the dragon!

haha...we always talk aboot that part; officially bottom of the barrel effects on that one.

1 week later
#3280 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Back to the gameplay, I do prefer to start as Martell, but not play the Martell mode.

That's usually what I do. I enjoy playing as Tyrell and the multipliers seem to be a big payoff, yet my average scores are way more with Martell.

#3283 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I wish I could take ANY house into HOTK. I've only gotten there once and didn't know WTF I was doing.

Stop it...1 time...that's pathetic man.

#3285 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well the LE is harder.

Ah there you go...a bright side!

#3293 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You, sir, overestimate my skills.

It erased my post dammit

Just post pass from right flipper to left, backhand left orbit. This lights GJ and helps increase battle for the wall. Hold the right flipepr up and catch ball, post pass to left, backhand rinse & repeat. Middle shots are easy to light lannister...you should be taking lannister & GJ into BWMB.

How often you get MB decides whom you should pick. If you get it every game, you should be going Martell. I understand their point in baratheon, but to me nothing is more powerful than restarting MB

#3319 7 years ago

Sounds like fun!

#3350 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I have to do the stark rounds, I can barely get to one hurry up, let alone more than one.

Always been my issue as well.

#3360 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I had that exact same problem with mine. It ended up being a bad solder joint on the opto

Yup I had that one too. You'll find when looking toro that there is a large solder pad for the opto on the back, yet the wires go to the front side with just a pin prick of solder.

#3368 7 years ago

well the drop target in the prem/le for sure makes it a bit clunkier.

#3389 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know. I want HOLD THE DOOR and KING OF THE NORTH! in there too.

God I don't, that was the low point of the season; so bad.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

How'd you do that? That was really fun!

You ruined it anyway you boob!

#3391 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And how could you not have a Defeat the High Sparrow mode for Lanister, or win back Riverrun. So much good stuff this year...

And they'll be great stuff next year etc etc...gotta draw the line right away if you're Stern.

#3393 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And queue Debbie downer. It's Friday, did you not take your meds yet Law

No I don't drink at work

You pinside guys know you need people like me to keep you grounded. You'll start thinking aboot all the cool stuff that will never happen to an already great game, and work yourselves up in a tizzy!

#3397 7 years ago

uff...not bright enough?

2 weeks later
#3423 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would be surprised if they could use anything from the shows that occurred after GOT the pin came out.

I would be beyond surprised; it will not happen. Stop dreaming people...just move along.

1 week later
#3457 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Conclusion; yea, it can be easy to get to iron throne if thats your primary focus - but you might not experience other aspects of the game or put up a very good score.

Well, I'll say it's a fair bit easier to get to than Portal, but it's very much the LITZ argument. Sure if you race through all the doors on TZ, LITZ isn't tough to do, and of course you don't get rewarded very much for LITZ. This is similar in not focusing on the multipliers will make it easier, but the score would suffer so much it doens;t make it worth it.

#3460 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm at least getting SOS if not portal.

Nobody mentioned SOS...don't mix that in there That be like saying "most the time I get IT or HOTK."

Quoted from chuckwurt:

as long as I can get that damn gem insert solidly lit...

Well umm...yeah that's the tough part isn't it?

But yeah some games are just easier for people...how many times have you portaled?

#3463 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I am pretty sure that every time I've been to SOS and have gem already done, I've gotten portal. 9/10 when I get to SOS, gem is not done.

Yes that's my point, everyone has a 9/10 failure rate on Gem getting to SOS...Gem is like the most hated shot in pinball and you have to hit it a bunch to portal. But anyway...GOT kicks ass!

#3483 7 years ago

I almost posted that you should try to fix it and not get a new one. Switches are always weird like that...50% of the time loosening/tightening screws will make it work.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! So what's this weekends challenge? Who can get the best lannister score?

Jeez hopefully I can get some frikkin time to play...I suck lately.

#3488 7 years ago

Hey wow I got in on this one..felt good to play again.

Lannister 2,633,+

Edit: most ikely 8-10 beers

#3541 7 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Any must have mods?

Nope. Just some wax and time to play

#3561 7 years ago

Ah remember how much spinner fun we had before the LOL changed

#3565 7 years ago

Probably a bad node board. Go down there and reseat all the connections on the board

EDIT: If GOT has 2 of the same Node boards you can swap them see if it fixes it and ruins something else. If it does have 2 you'll need to take note of the dip switches on it as they are diff'rent for diff'rent locations (Addresses).

#3570 7 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Completely new to the spike system can you point me to where the node boards are.

This is if you can;t find a smoking gun of a connector pulled apart...

Should be right in the middle underneath the PF...it's pretty obvious as it's the only "big" thing down there with connections. Basically, they've taken over your "J101..." etc on older driver boards. Pretty similar as one "section" of everything will be dead if that connector/area is dead. Each connector controls a diff'rent set of things. So that's what i mean pulling all those out and (blowing on them basically) and reconnecting...to see it that helps.
You can look in the manual, well online manual, and it will tell you what part of the board does what. So like "back lights" & "ball release" will be on "Node board 8-3" or whatever the real things are. That would indicate problems in that area...not like the old days of getting the soldering iron out...you just call them and send it back for a new one.

#3576 7 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

And of course it's Friday night and I unable to contact anyone and the game sits for the weekend.

Yeah that sucks ass.

1 week later
#3623 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How have air balls been on your GB PRO? Sounds like the le is really bad. The one and only pro I played (on location) and had crazy air balls.

For the record I don;t remembering having may airballs on my GB Pro...and never from the ramp.

2 weeks later
#3683 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

In stark contrast, the multipliers on GB...

The overall game play is the stark contrast betwixt these 2 games.

#3685 7 years ago

My big thing when I owned both was laboring myself to play GB and have not that much fun when with GOT next to it mocking me.

#3690 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What are the "must have" mods for the Pro? I have a nib pro on the way, should be here next week.
Thanks,
Zamp

None. Just open it & enjoy.

#3692 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Where can I get said translate? Link?

Send a PM to t-800

2 weeks later
#3735 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im keeping my fingers crossed and not too worried about it either because I believe Stern will do the right thing and replace it if it is of bad quality.

haha

3 months later
#4041 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

If anyone is having issues with the ram, lube that baby up!

Maybe i will get around to trying it.

#4062 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you've read this thread and are now just getting around to fixing the ram, shame shame shame shame shame shame!!!!

Naw I like a challenge

And I'm reeeeeeeealy lazy

#4096 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I don't have a GB, but reading the read me file for the latest code update (1.13), gives me more hope that we will get another GOT update.

That would be great...just some more polish to this bad boy.

#4110 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is it possible to start some kind of crowd funding for Dwight to finish this on his spare time?

Quoted from Apollyon:

I'd be in for this.

Uff here comes the DLC generation

#4114 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What does DLC mean? I must not be hip enough to know...

As said above, downloadable content. Basically paying for shit that should already be there.

#4118 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I'd say the bulk of code is there..def feel like I got my money worth.

Glad you do, it's a great game I love myself. I wasn't referring to the bulk of the code though.

#4123 7 years ago

Finally a reason to play that shit ass Lannisters

Thakns for the info hopefully I can geet some time this weekend to give it a try.

1 month later
#4179 7 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Can someone provide some high level steps to get access to the kicker switch to see what's going on?

Don't remember how I did it but it wasn't hard...just keep taking screws out till you get stuff loose.
Most likely you'll have to re-solder on the lead to an opto that came off. Don't worry aboot how Stern did it, just attached it to the big solder pad (they thread it to the other side and solder it to a very small lead for some reason).

#4187 7 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Tyvm for the reply, we took some shortcuts but got the plastic off. The proper way would be to remove ramps, throne plastic, then plastic behind dragon.

Yeah screw that A little bending/flexing here and there and it'll come off.

2 months later
#4401 6 years ago

Maybe I can get some in during the hockey game...love ideas like this

Quoted from beelzeboob:

...Finish the story the way George Martin intended and leave it at that..

mindlessly typing shit out whilst HBO whips him with million dollar bills?

#4407 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Enjoy my suckage!

2 suckages are noticed.

1. Jesus can you score that low with a roided up catapult like that?!?

2. Get some normal red flipper rubbers

#4409 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

1. What the hell is a catapult?
2. Go Big Blue!!! Probably need to change to Red and White since it's baseball season though.

1. whoops Haha battering ram...lest i get my seige EQ confused
2. Seriously what the fuck i didn't even notice till flipper rubbers are diff'rent colors?!?

1 month later
#4563 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't feel bad. I've had the game since it came out and have yet to break 2 billion. Embarrassing.

Good lord man.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Damn you Stern and your cheapo coil stops.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if those were old stock?

Oh wow the gold dust is back?! I'll have to check mine...hasn't thought aboot it since the Met days.

3 weeks later
#4636 6 years ago

My favorite part of the PF is --> Orbit shot to bounce pass to backhand orbit shot. Works easier going the left but I can't get enough of it.

#4638 6 years ago

real reds for me backhand easy

#4658 6 years ago
Quoted from VMethos:

Hey guys.
Was playing GoT late last night and the Dragon shot stopped registering hits.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup I had that one too. You'll find when looking that there is a large solder pad for the opto on the back, yet the wires go to the front side with just a pin prick of solder.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't remember how I did it but it wasn't hard...just keep taking screws out till you get stuff loose.
Most likely you'll have to re-solder on the lead to an opto that came off. Don't worry aboot how Stern did it, just attached it to the big solder pad (they thread it to the other side and solder it to a very small lead for some reason).

Yup that area takes some abuse from the dragon.

1 week later
#4675 6 years ago

Oh boy haven't seen that one before. You could rivet it back on the guide if you can get another bolt like that.
Don;t know if they sell them or is they're the same specs as older ones used on guides?

1 month later
#4787 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I do have my replay set to award an extra ball.

1 week later
#4823 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Just realized I'm on v1.29. What am I missing?

Nothing. I never updated from there

1 week later
#4854 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The majority of 'Loud Talkers" on pinside focus on GoT Pro, so Stern thinks it's fine. ...

Fair point for sure...we just don;t see these issues obviously but true they should not be forgotten.

#4867 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Star Wars should be in my game room right now, not a Dialed In. Star Wars might be a "fun" pin to play. But, with all of the quality control issues, the Photoshop playfield, the complete lack of toys, & beta code all while raising prices. My $$ goes elsewhere.

I agree with you overall but SW is probably $2800 cheaper. Sure, pay more for "quality" I get it, but it's chunk of change man.

#4870 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I thought this was a Game of Thrones thread... I guess the bashing just can't keep to relevant threads.

No shit, I didn't even notice what thread this was! Anyway, still love my GOT

#4887 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Not to mention the hours of software QA it takes to make sure any new implementation hasn't introduced any new bugs. It's a bigger undertaking than most people realize.

Naw Stern skips that part usually so there's some time saved

2 weeks later
#4928 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tyrell still being my favorite

Always Tyrell for me.

1 month later
#5049 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

SW + GOT is a great combo.

Huh...very interesting. Never would have thought to put SW on the left. Well played sir.

combo (resized).jpgcombo (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5068 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

man this thing looks good, it feels like i'm discovering new images and scenes i never saw before.

Yeah it's sort of having that Wh20 feel which I still think was a big eye opener.

1 week later
#5113 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I mean it's dead ugly compared to the blue premium with color changing lighting?

Lots of people are more interested in how a game plays than how it looks.
And I don't really know if an overall blue tint vs a yellow changes it that much.

1 week later
#5142 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fixed the link. It appears the SJP is on the combined value of your UNmultiplied wic hurry up collects. Asked Dwight to be sure, but that’s what it seems like.

Quoted from 85vett:

That does look to be the case. That's a bummer as it takes away some of the bonus of maximizing your WIC hurry-ups.

Yeah I don't like that at all...must be to balance out the scoring?

1 month later
#5188 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well im taking one for the team, my game is GONE!

They can't last forever! Mine's next on the block also.

1 month later
#5230 5 years ago

Loved the game but it was time for it to go. Keep enjoying it you crazy kids!

1 week later
#5271 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

whats the advantage to this?

Personally I don't want my ball save on the first shot of the game. I find soft plunging all the time on GOT pro to not really be worth it, eXpecially since the outlanes are pretty forgiving.

#5277 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I plunge with the action button...mainly because im lazy.

I've always felt like most games you can't play too scared. It would be one thing if you had no ball saver and soft plunge like Whirlwind or something, but I find is very easy to let the ball screw around in the pops and come down to the right flipper. At that point, I usually have 2-4 shots at Targaryeon with the saver still on.

#5288 5 years ago

Interesting... Right ramp right flipper should be pretty easy

#5294 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Right flipper > Right ramp is the only way I seem to be able to consistently make the right ramp shot on my pro

Some what awkward at first, I made myself learn that ramp with the left flipper. Learned to love that shot

#5303 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

When my game has just been cleaned I can make that shot almost 100% of the time. As soon as it get the slightest bit dirty, then it's down to about 50% and has to be hit perfectly.

Yeah a quick dab with Novus 2 gets it right back to where it should be. I would always know when it was time when it would get really slow up towards the top.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.