371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

-The ballplay on the pro just looks very smooth and satisfying

Quoted from karl:

PS! I got through all that not talking about flow one single time

Not really

3 months later
#1620 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Clear coat protects the paint. It's a coating is on the wood. If the wood gets a dent the clear coat will dent too. I dont think any amount of clear coat would prevent this. Your car will dent too even though it's been clear coated.
If you have a game with no noticeable dents on the Playfield then there are three possibilities.
1) the game has never been played.
2) the game had a Playfield Protector installed before it was played.
3) the entire Playfield has been dented to one uniform level because it's been played a lot.
Almost all games fall into the #3 category.

This is simply not true. I have a Funhouse that was clear coated by Bill Davis over 5 years ago with many, many plays that has no dents. The playfield is super smooth upon close inspection. I have other games that fit the #3 category, but this one does not. Bill Davis used a very durable automotive clear and the result is different.

#1622 8 years ago

I stand corrected. This must be the exception to the rule, or was it dinted flat before his clear was put on? Did he apply his clear to a new Playfield or was it a restoration? If so I'd put it in group 3

The playfield was already ~15 years old when clear coated, so it was well worn in/compressed.
Even if the pre-compression was a factor, I would not put in group 3. There is a big difference in the look/smoothness of your group 3 and this playfield.

#1695 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea it doesn't really work that way. You can't just put it in another bucket because it looks smooth. The dents are in the wood not the clear. Your ~15 year old restored playfield has already been compressed which makes it fall into category 3 by definition. It's one big dimple. The clear coat isn't the reason it doesn't have dents. It's cause the wood has already compressed all it can in the last 15 years and is one big huge dimple.

The top surface has no dimples - whatever dimple/compression there is in between lower levels is not relevant to the top layer, if the top doesn't have them. Once the current top layer was applied approximately 7 years ago, that layer has no dimples.
Category 3 is a top layer that has so many dimples it doesn't look dimpled - upon close inspection that type of playfield displays an eggshell type quality, versus being completely smooth.

#1761 8 years ago

Ok well one reason why game of thrones doesn't kick ass is cleaning it. It gets dirty quick and it is nasty to strip it down.

Give the game a quick cleaning frequently, and it won't ever get very dirty (for the most part).

4 months later
#3374 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Also ive played both games and the pro flowed better it seemed but once you know the Premium does it flow just as good as the Pro?

IMO the premium flows just as well as the pro if you can get the orbits working properly. The upper playfield is cool and does not affect the flow for me, but the orbit issues can suck the flow right out of the game. We have a fix for the orbit issue, and are in the process of getting it manufactured.

3 months later
#3814 7 years ago

Castle Multiball scoring should be increased dramatically - make it something worth going for!

2 months later
#4091 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And btw...the guys that say the upper playfield adds nothing don't know what they're talking about. I spend a lot of time up there collecting castles, extending time, and working my way to castle multiball.

The upper playfield is actually really cool - but the rules NEED to be tweaked to make Castle Multiball much more valuable!!!

3 months later
#4456 6 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

It also said searching for pinballs which makes me believe that the wires that were disconnect in the head have to be either plugged back in some where or back into the topper.

You need to double check the topper wiring is reversed - IE: the wiring must be configured exactly as if there was no topper.

3 months later
#4766 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Hey does anyone know if you can get the side armor kit in a split set (left stark, right lanister)?
Or has anyone powder coated a pro? I was thinking gold or a steel kind of color.

I asked my distributor this question, and the response from Stern was that they do not sell a mixed set.
If you find someone else that wants the same you could buy 2 sets and swap a side.

1 month later
#4853 6 years ago

GoT Premium/LE needs polish/adjustments in the code for the upper playfield.
GoT Pro is pretty much done, except nice to have additions.

The majority of 'Loud Talkers" on pinside focus on GoT Pro, so Stern thinks it's fine. But again, the Premium/LE needs some code adjustments to take advantage of the upper playfield. It seems like they did the Common/Pro code first, and then ran out of time on the Premium/LE differences.

2 months later
#5111 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is Pro really that much better than Prem/LE?
I mean it's dead ugly compared to the blue premium with color changing lighting?

No - Prem/LE is better in many peoples opinions. But there is ONE BIG PROBLEM with the Prem/LE -> the left loop usually sucks, and that literally sucks the fun right out of the game. A Prem/LE that has the left loop properly fixed is better than the Pro IMO.

5 months later
#5397 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Well my premium was getting very few full left orbits. So I bought this bit and widened the mounting holes on the diverter mech by 2 steps. I put the mech back in the machine and pushed it forward(towards front of playfield). We are only talking a fraction of an inch. It really didn’t get me many more full left orbits and definitely not nice smooth left orbits. The more I tried to adjust it the more it started messing up diversions to elevator on first shot of every ball and mystery shots.
I’ll probably continue to mess with it here and there. But for now it’s back to a position where it’s at least getting shots diverted to elevator correctly. But still very few full left orbits.

Keep working on it - this is key to fixing your orbits IMO you should widen the mounting holes more to get more adjustment flexibility.

Did you buy the game new or used? If you bought it used, there may be a mod installed as an attempt to help the left orbits. If so, you will probably want to remove that mod as it may be causing the poor right orbits.

Good Luck!

6 months later
#5584 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Yes i had owned a Pro before . I like the rules of the Pro Version , they are enough and the extra playfield is ok but not all that special to play on , it is fun but could have been ok with standard pro and prefer the smooth play of it compared to the Premium

Sounds like you need to fix your left orbit. All GOT Premium/LE's have the left orbit problem from the factory.
And AFTER you fix the problem, be sure to turn off the setting that blocks left orbits (on by default in the current software version).

6 months later
#6038 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is code up somewhere?
I dont see it

Yes - on Sterns Support - Game Code page, right at the top of the list

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#6042 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Just to be sure:
If I start as Lannister and I purchase the martell ability... It then changes my button ability for the rest of the ball or game (to add a ball)? Meaning I cannot buy any more multipliers anymore during gameplay with my gold?
Or can I buy multipliers with earned gold again on the same ball once I used my add-a ball in a multiball?

Once you change your "Action Button Ability" you are stuck with it for the rest of the game.
Unless of course you change it again (buy a different one in Mystery, or if you are playing as Greyjoy).

#6072 4 years ago

As far as playing as Targaryen being too easy - it totally matches the show. Having 3 dragons *IS* the easy path to the Iron Throne.

#6088 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Installed new code on my LE and now the VUK that goes to the throne is too hard and the ball rolls off the seat of the throne. Is there an adjustment for the VUK?

I had this problem before the update - you can adjust the ramp that goes to the throne to slow it down. Sorry but I don't remember exactly what I did, but an adjustment of the ramp definitely works.

1 week later
#6127 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

If I hit the three stand up targets on upper play field, the light isn’t turning blue but if I then hit one of the two blue lit shot lanes I get awarded with advance towards castle multiball, that should be as expected then besides the light not turning blue on the corner shot! I can get to castle multiball that way
The turn around shot light is ok, In test and attract more it is able to show Red, Green and blue and white.
I did a factory reset - didn’t help
I downloaded the new code again to a fresh USB stick and did a full and validated update again - didn’t help.
Getting frustrated here

Take the glass off for this test and try this...
- Start a game
- Take the ball out of the shooter lane - and just put it aside
- On the Upper Playfield, trigger the right lane switch (that feeds the right flipper) with your finger
----- The Castle Loop arrow should flash about 5 times to signal the "Special Feature" is lit
- Trigger the Castle Loop switch with your finger
----- This should award you a Castle Advance towards Castle Multiball

Please do this step by step and post your result

#6134 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

OK - Take the ball out of the shooter lane - and just put it aside
OK - On the Upper Playfield, trigger the right lane switch (that feeds the right flipper) with your finger
----- The Castle Loop arrow should flash about 5 times to signal the "Special Feature" is lit
Doesn´t flash, stats lit solid orange
OK - Trigger the Castle Loop switch with your finger
----- This should award you a Castle Advance towards Castle
Doen´t award castle avance, but awards me 2 x playfield multiplier (Upper playfield)
Please do this step by step and post your result

OK then, try the following, and watch the color of the Castle Loop Arrow the entire time...
- Begin with the game on, but in attract mode (no game started)
- Start a game (don't do anything else)
----- What color is the Castle Loop Arrow, at Game Start? (ball still in the plunger)
----- --- please note if there was any flashing of colors
- Take the ball out, and trigger the Castle Right Flipper In-lane Switch
----- Did the arrow color change?

- EDIT - The game should start with the Castle Loop arrow red - when you hit the upper right inlane, it should flash and go blue
Go into switch tests and make sure the related switches are working properly - mainly the upper right inlane

1 month later
#6223 4 years ago
Quoted from hoopybox:

I'm having a problem with my new pro model. When mystery is lit and the ball traps under the dragon to spend gold - when it releases it just goes straight down center drain, with the only recourse a massive slide save. I feel like it shouldn't be doing that, at this point I'm just avoiding that shot when its lit. Any suggestions on adjustments to fix that?

Adjust the lane guide (loosen bolt(s) -> adjust -> tighten) or Bend the lane guide.

If you're not experienced with owning pinball games, bending things may seem radical - but it's not.
Just a small bend in a lane guide can make a big difference. Additionally, they will bend over time and may need to be bent back - although you said your game was new. Try adjusting first, then bend if necessary.

2 months later
#6280 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I've been playing with Baratheon a bit lately. I like that it makes Wall really quick to get into, and the Lord of Light button action is an interesting twist. I find it to be very similar to the BK:SoR magnasave, where you have to anticipate the drain ahead of time, be quick on the draw, and sometimes waste it if the ball decides bounce into the inlane instead.
Is it just me or did Martell really get the short end of the stick with the update? Now every house has a persistent advantage, plus a button ability. Martell didn't have a persistent advantage added. That free add-a-ball doesn't seem quite as attractive anymore, to the point where I rarely choose it.
Such a great game...I love all the choices and different ways of tackling it.

IMO Martell is the one house that didn't need an upgrade, as it was arguably the best. Martell is still a great choice.

#6285 4 years ago

The code update really made the game much more fun. Each house has something to offer as a "variation" in playing the game. That and the Castle improvements really make the game more of a long term keeper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=t7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.