371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2881 7 years ago

I tried A-C-S and the DMD said "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine." Cool!

#2886 7 years ago

Sorry, I was just teasing. No Christmas Story Easter Egg, it just reminded me of Ralphie. But it would be a nice homage. Maybe "Be sure to play your Stern"?

#2890 7 years ago

5716642_(resized).jpg5716642_(resized).jpg

#2895 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

John is like Tyrion. He drinks wine and he knows things!

Too true!!! I'm setting up my GOTLE right now, as soon as I finish this Spaten Optimator.

#2897 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Arya knows more than you. The cat, that is.....

I need to photoshop her with Needle. (all: she's the cat in my profile pic)

#2899 7 years ago

I was just waiting for a HUO.

like_a_virgin_(resized).jpglike_a_virgin_(resized).jpg

#2910 7 years ago

I just brought my GOTLE home last night and I can't play it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psa-pwm-controller-spike-shaker-dead-node-1-board#post-3138680

I hope I can get a replacement Node 1 board before league night on Saturday.

#2915 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Here's some gold accents on my pro (inserts on the stark rails and leg bolts) subtle but I think it adds a lot...wonder if gold mirror blades would be too much.

If I had a Premium, I'd go with the black mirror blades.

#2926 7 years ago

After market shakers are fine, just be sure to remove any capacitor you might see. And don't install a motor controller like I did.

#2929 7 years ago

Here's my "Fire and Ice" lighting mod. I replaced most of the GI with warm white frosted LEDs from CT. I left the cool white LEDs for the upper right playfield and the Castle Black kicker lane. It's not as bright, but it works for me.

IMG_7729.JPGIMG_7729.JPG

IMG_7730.JPGIMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7731.JPGIMG_7731.JPG

IMG_7732.JPGIMG_7732.JPG

IMG_7733.JPGIMG_7733.JPG

#2934 7 years ago

I love the 3 shots that go under the castle.

#2974 7 years ago

Seems like 6800 stock is about the going rate for HUO LEs right now. I think that will change once they become harder to find.

#2987 7 years ago

Instead of hearing generic woman say "House X", I'd love to have a short, memorable quote from a major character from that house. For example, instead of "House Greyjoy", you might hear Balon Greyjoy say "What is dead may never die". I mean, the name of the house is right there on the DMD...

#2988 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

HBO game them clean samples.

The callouts from the show seem to be much lower quality than the ones that Rory McCann recorded. Maybe that's just because they did such a fantastic job with Rory (and of course, he's great too).

#2992 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Callouts are a challenge - Example: You need to replace the Arya's original 1.081sec "House Stark" callout (0x4B9) with an equivalent length clip. The Hound's "House Stark" callout (0x2AF) is 1.795sec - would fit, but a longer phrase might not.

That's not Arya (or Maisie Williams for that matter).

#2994 7 years ago

Rory's quotes on GOT are like John Rhys-Davies on LOTR: they bring the game to life. Imagine if some anonymous woman said "Super Jackpot, Whoa-ho-ho-ho" on LOTR.

#2996 7 years ago

The woman has a lovely voice for public radio, bad voice for pinball. IMHO.

#3001 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The hound though, holy crap his call outs are next level - like top 3 of my favorite all time next level, next to LOTR and TAF

Yes, once you hear The Hound's speech in the ROM that isn't used, you'll want it in there.

#3002 7 years ago

I've been trying to do sound substitutions around 0x400-0x600, with no luck. The sound is correct when I preview it, but once imported it plays back at double speed. Has anyone else tried modding this ROM yet?

#3009 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Whoa. Seriously!? These are all in there? That's some good stuff we're missing out on!

From my notes:

201-3FA are The Hound (505 callouts)
3FB-600 are the woman (517)
601-761 are callouts from the show (352)
762-786 are music

There's about a 90% overlap between the callouts that The Hound and the woman do. In a perfect world, there would be a setting to let you pick who does the callouts.

#3012 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Can you detail some of the quotes from the show that are in there but not in the latest code. I'm very interested in this as this is the biggest gripe for me. Great callouts from the show would really help immerse you in the game.

You can hear them yourself. Load the ROM into PinballBrowser, start at 0x601 and enjoy.

#3013 7 years ago

Actually...let's crowdsource this. Here's 0x601-610:

601 - Samwell: "A maester of the citadel, chained and sworn"
602 - Jaqen H'ghar: "A man is not Jaqen H'ghar"
603 - Varys: "A monarch who can intimidate the high lords and inspire the people"
604 - Arya: "A real killer"
605 - Varys: "A ruler loved by millions with a powerful army and the right family name"
606 - Samwell: "A sworn brother of the Night's Watch, ever faithful."
607 - Daario: "All rulers are either butchers or meat"
608 - Jaqen H'ghar: "All that makes a girl who she is, forever"
609 - ???: "Almost that ??"
60A - ???: "Jenda's honorable" (phonetic)
60B - Jon Snow: "And he has more giants, he has more mammoths"
60C - Tyrion: "And just now, kings are dying like flies."
60D - ???: "And now his watch has ended"
60E - (many): "And now his watch has ended"
60F - Samwell: "And now his watch has ended"
610 - Oberyn Martell: "And tell him the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts"

#3014 7 years ago

Jumping to 0x620...

(EDIT: don't edit as a Pinside draft...lost, argh)

#3016 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What version do you have of pinball browser and where do you get it? The version I have doesn't seem to work with .spk files.

I'm running 5.76.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#3031 7 years ago

Has anybody installed a Sigma display in a GOT? The LED DMD part # is the same as for pre-Spike Sterns, so I was thinking it should work (?).

#3034 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I didn't think any aftermarket DMD supported spike yet?

It's the same Stern part number, same voltages, same connector. I just don't want to try it because I already blew my cabinet node with a shaker mod.

#3036 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah maybe double check with the company selling them. Is it xpin?

ColorDMD - good idea. I'll ask and report back.

#3042 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Has anyone replaced the gay, sparkly, spinner decal with something more Game of Throne-ish?

I was planning to make spinner decals of the Faceless Man coin:

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Fully-Licensed-Faceless/dp/B00CF5JWIO/

#3045 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

ColorDMD - good idea. I'll ask and report back.

Randy didn't reply to my PM, but he did reply to a friend of mine. Apparently ColorDMD is sensitive to the timing of the data, and it's different on Spike than on SAM. I want to say I've noticed a difference in DMD framerate too, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, it's nontrivial to add Spike support to ColorDMD. Bummer.

#3049 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i did that about 4 months ago for a door magnet/decal.
i can easily put that on a sticker for the spinner.

Yes you did, and I love mine. That's exactly where I put it.

#3053 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i can make this as sticker for the spinner, what do you guys think?

Perfect.

#3072 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Thinking about grabbing an LE. Any thoughts on the LE vs the pro? I've heard some people say pro is more fun but I've never seen either version so this purchased is based purely on reputation.

Lots of thoughts...I think it's a very personal preference. I played both a lot before deciding on an LE, and I'd suggest the same if you can do it. A lot of us think the Premium/LE is more fun. No wrong answer...it's a great game in either form.

#3075 7 years ago

If you've played Black Knight and liked it, you'll probably enjoy the upper playfield. The left orbit dominates the discussion but it's a non-issue for me. The 2-level VUK can take some effort to get working perfectly, it just takes some patience. The rest of it is normal Pro/LE differences - the light show, art and rails. I'm normally a hardcore Pro buyer, but I changed it up for once and I'm glad I did.

#3076 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I've just had my GoT premium for a short while, love the game; but I'm finding about 50% of the balls landing in the throne (via the mystery shot) are rolling off the throne as opposed to saying on the throne itself. I'm sure this has already been covered somewhere here in detail but is this an easy fix?

It's very fixable. There are several different solutions posted here, including mine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/

The key is to slow the ball down, I think.

#3081 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I'm going to go get some Dragon's Milk before I play against you guys.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#3120 7 years ago

I have EBs enabled, but I did get my first HOTK, about 800M. Finished with 1.2MB. Really loving this pin.

#3121 7 years ago
Quoted from ukwizardMike:

I have a pro and have been following this thread for a while now.. Any of you guys know if you can change the flipper power?? [...] Yes, I have changed the coil power to 'hard' in the settings but this didn't seem to make any difference. Any help would be appreciated as this is totally ruining my game !!!

Check your EOS switches. Make sure they don't engage until the flipper reaches the End of it Stroke. Good luck!

#3122 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Now this one hurt a little. Playing as Tyrell, drained 3rd ball the instant I got HOTK lit!

That's the story of every game of GOT for me. Set up the ultimate stack, drain on the critical shot. Doh!

1 week later
#3166 7 years ago

Who's going to be the first one to mod their GoT to blow cold air during WIC and WHC?

#3175 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

personally, i've determined that GOT pro is the best flowing modern game stern has made for both SAM and Spike systems. no vuks, just ramp and orbit madness, and combo sensations.

The VUK on the Prem/LE only comes into play in a few situations:

- Upper PF: start of ball
- Throne: collecting Mystery/EB or starting WMB

Anything that puts you on the Throne, you would have been idling behind the post in the dragon lane on the Pro anyway. So the VUK ends up not being much of a "flow factor", unless you're completely obsessed with completing left orbits AND you don't want to do the capgun mod. FWIW, I decided that the game is excellent as it is, dropping the ball into the pops on a good left orbit shot.

1 week later
#3214 7 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I officially join the GOT club. Got the premium today. Love it. Anyone have those custom knobs? I was thinking of getting the nightwatch or stark one.

I have a set of Stern's shooter rod/knobs for sale in the Marketplace.

1 year later
#5291 6 years ago

Totally agree with this, it’s psychological. Because the center shot is hidden somewhat on the Pre/LE, the angle of the shot is less obvious. I look at the flipper when I’m going for that shot, not the ramp. I’ve had people tell me that the Targaryen shot is easier on my LE than on their pro, but again I think this is mental more than physical.

Quoted from 85vett:

It's the identical part number so the ramps are 100% identical. Due to build tolerance differences some aren't as smooth as others but that is in no way a pro vs Prem/LE difference. If you struggle to hit the center ramp on a prem/LE but can on a pro it's almost fully a physiological reason.

#5292 6 years ago

Question for Pre/LE owners: can you make the right ramp from a cradle on the right flipper, or only on the fly? I think I need to tweak mine a little.

#5308 6 years ago

I installed a ColorDMD in my GOT last week. It’s a huge improvement, even more than any other of my CDMD pins.

#5315 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

When my game has just been cleaned I can make that shot almost 100% of the time. As soon as it get the slightest bit dirty, then it's down to about 50% and has to be hit perfectly.

I cleaned my ramp and I’m at 75% now, so I’m happy.

#5333 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I’m thinking about joining the LE/Prem club, but I wanted to ask those who have owned theirs for a year or more—does the game still kick ass?

LE still kicks ass for me. Very solid game.

#5335 6 years ago

Play both, and form your own opinion - that’s the only one that matters. But that topic has been discussed to death if you search the thread.

1 month later
#5340 5 years ago

GOT does indeed kick ass, and I play mine a lot. I just wish I got to HOTK more often.

#5345 5 years ago

Weird. That’s a beefy-looking bracket.

2 weeks later
#5368 5 years ago

It’s cool to see folks trying the Prem/LE. I took my GOTLE to SFGE so more people could experience the upper playfield and the interactive throne. It was one of the busier games at the show - people were playing 3-4 player games every time I went by.

4 months later
#5528 5 years ago

I think Steve Ritchie’s upper playfield design on GOT is the best one ever for a DMD. It’s really enjoyable to play - you can trap up, and it’s great during Multiball. I respect the love for the Pro, but I’d never swap out my LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.