371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbally_1968.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2525 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Me too, it's the last uncolored DMD game I own.

Still?

5 months later
#3737 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the Premiums translite is actually pretty nice. I wonder if it would look ok on the pro? I would think that it would.

On GOT it really doesnt matter how the translite looks or the cabinet. Once you launch that ball you can only focus on the game itself and conclude after you finish, GOT kicks ass!!

#3739 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Except that darned mini pf.
Ok rant over

the mpf has more to it, im sure you know. Besides, it is not always about getting the most points its also about variety. Im always happy to get the ball up there.
But yes, it could use more purpose.. its too beautiful to leave it just as it is right now

8 months later
#4526 6 years ago

Great to see all off you still so enthusiastic about GOT. So am I ! 
I own this game GOTpre for just over a year now. Since it landed into my gameroom I have hardly played any of my other games, and I do have a nice lineup..

This must be my favorite game of all times since this one made me play more hours than any title before. Sometimes I try to play a different machine but after 3 games or so I quickly go back to my GOT. (makes me wonder why I keep them…) Playing GOT(pre) requires you to be on top of your game, there is no room for error. One missed shot and the ball exits quicker than the eye. This happens to me most of my games a couple of times though. But it is also just that that makes you want to try again, again and again. Once you get a little understanding of its great rule-set it is just an addicting game. Unfortunately, still Im not mastering all its rules and advantages it can bring. Mostly because there is no time once the ball is in play to see what is going on. That has to do with my lack of skill

The bottleneck for me always is to finish Targaryen, by nature this is the most difficult house but on the Prem I think it is much harder, sometimes the ball ejects with force that is oke, sometimes it comes out lame and ends up in a SDTM. Perhaps I should look into it and try to fix it if possible?
Anyway, I made it to Iron Throne twice and that is just such a great goal to achieve, it brings the adrenaline you want in pinball. BTW, that is always my goal, on any pin, just to reach the final game, more than to get the most points on the board.
So after one year GOTpre these are my scores (all factory default, but 5 balls per game ):

Martell: 7,092,121,400
Stark: 3,321,245,090
Baratheon: 3,229,256,330
Lannister: 2,459,286,260
Greyjoy: 2,905,962,010
Tyrell: 2,100,842,030
WIC: 212,519,000
WHC: 1,233,185,000
HOK: 1,852,500,000
IT: 2,640,500,000
What a blast! But yes I still hope for one more good update especially to balance the awards for the houses and more functionality for the mini PF. (And the droptarget, its just a stand in my way without any reward)

Champ (resized).JPGChamp (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#4592 6 years ago

I am somehow stuck in my progress of the game. Seems that the 7 billion with IT is my limit. Darn! I cant get beyond that, trying 50 games or so and no result beyond. There is so much more I know.
What to do now?

(oh Eskabee, when you happen to be in Europe...)

2 months later
#4817 6 years ago

Played almost 2 years on the premium, I still love it!!! But Im thinking to go pro, just for a change and the greenfield feeling. Is it wise do do?

3 months later
#5089 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

So I’ve got an early version colordmd and am having trouble with the upload. Keep ending up with little dots everywhere.
Might have to try a different thumb drive maybe? I noticed in Randy’s instructions he mentions revision 1.3B
Mine says 1.3. Does this mean I am up for another (gulp) $600AUD newer version colordmd? Please noooooo!!!

Im afraid we are in the same boat. I dismounted mine from Tron and found out it was a revision 1.3 instead of 1.3B I do not want to de-solder the chip and replace it, so I ordered brand new one.. yes the price here has also increased but for this machine I think its worth it. You could as well sell your older DMD to make it a little easier to gulp

#5090 6 years ago

chuckwurt

Thanks so much for the GOT tutorials. I own my GOT prem for over two years now but still I learned a lot of things, especially on PF validation. I must admit that once you can get yourself into the habit of the ''short plunge'' AND make good use of it, it is a whole new ballgame.
But its not easy to change the regular plunge habit, I tell you.
I tried many ''short plunges'' where I aim for the LOL but that seems not a good strategy on my machine as it often drains on the left outlane. Oh well, plenty room for improvements.

Looking forward to part III & IV !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbally_1968.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=pinbally_1968 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.