371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6062 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Updated my game and for my first with the new code I decided to go random. Obviously it landed on martell which didn’t change in the code update. Ended up getting my best score by far for the night though.
Also I have noticed that my right martell shot sometimes doesn’t register during black water multiball. I know this happened on the old code but thought it was a bug. It only happens during black water. I have never had it not register a shot or plunge outside of black water. Anyone else notice this?

I don't know if it's a bug persay. It happens when the ball save is still on if you've lost a ball recently.

I.E. You lose a ball during multi-ball... then you hit the right martial shot around the time ball save kicks a ball back in the trough... the game thinks the auto launch has hit the shot and not you and doesn't give you the credit for the shot. Just bad timing.

1 week later
#6161 4 years ago

So quick question. GOT is the first game I’ve owned where live code updates are a thing. I’ve noticed a handful of bugs that never happened prior on my pro machine.

Is there a place to report these to stern?

I’m sure there’s a few more but here are some to top my mind:

Timing of the ball locks appears to be off. I’ve had it happen lots where I shoot the Targaryen shot when mystery or something that should hold the ball is lit and the stop is late and the ball is still in play. Even had it happen once where the video mode started and the only thing that saved me was as it came down I put it in the multiball lock the first flip so it held it there till the mode finished.

Another timing issue is the multiball lock. I’ve started modes and it’s late closing so 2 balls get released.

Another weird one is starting stark mode I’ve had it happen lots where the first hit on the starks scores the second the ball is released to start the mode.

I find either the volume or the mix is off on most of the new audio drops too. I know they’re new because they’re different but they’re either too quiet to make out what they’re actually saying over the music or they have no bass in the clip and are difficult to make out over music.

1 other issue is likely more related to color dmd. But since the code update the clip that starts multiball where the arrow is shot in to the blackwater is no longer in color.

I’m sure there is a few more I can’t remember but they’re just little bugs that had never happened to me prior to this update.

Anyone else notice this? Any avenue to communicate with stern on this?

#6165 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m going to assume this is a pro, with code 1.36? Did you update to 1.37 yesterday?
- on Pre/LE the mystery shot can now be sent to the upper playfield instead of the throne (where it occasionally falls out) so that you can have time for the video mode Ect. I don’t know how the pro handles this.
- I have noticed 2 balls release from the sword lock on code 1.36. I played 3 games on 1.37 with no issues yet.
- I haven’t noticed audio issues, (could just be personal preference) but there are adjustments for voice and music attenuation, as well treble and bass levels.
- I read that stern gave the colorDMD guys the code early, I’m sure their working on all the new and different content.
-

Yes it is a pro... So there was another code release since the one two weeks ago or so?? Didn't realize that. Yes I'm running 1.36. I'll download the new one.

8 months later
#6357 3 years ago

Quick question for Pro owners. I have the 1.37 code on my pro model and I thought it would be cool to do a tournament during quarantine for just my family. But every time the machine is turned off I’m losing the tournament because my Clock is resetting back to 2015. (HS and settings are saved still) I posted this on Facebook and someone commented that it was a known issue with this code. Can anyone confirm that tournament mode is basically useless with the new code? Why wouldn’t they fix this?

#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

If the Clock is resetting I would check the battery.

Hmmm... Shows how often I've needed to open mine up. I didn't even realize they were still putting batteries in these new guys. It's probably due for a replacing. Hopefully that's it.

#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Well with no battery how can they keep time?

I assumed via some sort of RAM chip. I thought we'd learned by now that batteries on circuit boards aren't great ideas. But the battery replacement appears to have worked. Thanks guys... Other than updating the code once since I got this one I've never had the backglass off and have never paid attention to the fact there even was a battery there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=pauz21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.