Topic Stats

• 6,314 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 770 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg
15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5021 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I've posted this in various threads before -- but it bears repeating. With the 16 levels of brightness on Spike you're going to lose contrast on the LED display.
The 'ramp' of brightness on an LED isn't a straight line. The darker it gets, the less differentiation there is between levels of brightness. So the lower end of the scale blends together more.
With the LCD every level is more distinct, so the details in the lower brightness levels are clearer - this would make a difference to the video parts of GOT.
This is not to say you SHOULDN'T use an LED display if that's what you prefer. It will still look great on the LED. Just information for those on the fence.

Is it necessary to get the $24 "Shield/Standoffs for Metal Speaker" or is their another way to mount this?

#5026 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you're going with LCD on GOT you need the extra parts. The clear window to replace the red one (which you need for either) and the extra hardware for the mounting. You COULD source those things yourself somewhere if you wanted to -- but you will need something.

Thank you.

#5055 2 years ago

Ordered GoT Monday and Cointaker delivered it Tuesday. I just want to post some pictures of the playfield and date it was manufactured. This game looks great and I only had to adjust the sword out of the box, everything else seems to be working perfectly. The playfield looks great and I will know what machine is mine if I ever sell, because a small hair is under the clear coat behind the spinner. I know this is the honeymoon phase, but this game is great.

IMG_3513 (resized).JPG

IMG_3516 (resized).JPG

IMG_3521 (resized).JPG

IMG_3523 (resized).JPG

IMG_3517 (resized).JPG

#5061 2 years ago

Trying to diagnose a potential problem. Can someone take a picture of the sword mech with the sword pushed all the way down? Any other position could be helpful too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-sword-adjustment#post-4134252

#5071 2 years ago

Is their a way to turn off the random award of "extra ball lit" from the pop bumpers? I like it when you have to achieve an "extra ball lit" like completing 3 houses. It can be frustrating when you are playing against some one and they get a random award of an extra ball lit. So I want to eliminate that award from the pops, but not from achieving it through game play completion. Does this make sense?

#5076 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Competition mode normally turns them off or makes them worth points instead.

Does it turn them off completely or just for random awards? It would be nice to keep them in for when you complete 3 houses.

#5079 2 years ago

Ok so I put the game on competition mode and you still get the extra ball after 3 house completions. I then put the ball in the pops to see if I could get an extra ball that way. Although it did appear in the screen it never actually triggered one. I don’t know how to test the pop awards other than just feeding the bumpers until they award something.

1 week later
#5121 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Competition mode does not turn off extra balls. In most games, it will align random awards so they are the same for each player.
The only way to turn off EBs is to go to the SPI menu option “extra balls” (the 5th option from memory) Turn them down to 0.
So, 2 steps for competition:
1/ turn off extra balls
2/ turn on Competition option (or Tournament, depending on game)
rd

Thanks for the heads up. Either way at least it will be consistent when playing against someone. I have had it in competition mode and have not seen an extra ball awarded randomly yet, so at least it doesn’t happen often. I have received the extra ball for completing the 3 house’s though. Competition mode seems to be what we were looking for.

Although I did stay up till midnight last night just to play midnight madness. It didn’t activate at midnight. I assume because I’m in competition mode. Checked the time on the machine and the settings to make sure it was turned on and it was. That was a bit of a bummer.

1 month later
#5194 1 year ago

Here's mine

IMG_3520 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#5263 1 year ago

I have found an issue that really bothers me and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. After watching chuckwurt's tutorial I soft plunge and try to hit down the drop targets on my first shot every time. I have no problem with this on a one person game or the first person in a two player game. I typically let my wife play first so I noticed while playing as second player I will hit the drop targets on my first shot and after hitting one or two of them they will reset. This eliminates the advantage you have of not validating the playfield with the soft plunge. It does not seem to do it with any of the 3 balls if I play as first player. Anyone else notice this?

#5266 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your drop targets are not working properly. The only time they should reset is at the start of the ball, after you’ve hit all three down, or if you’re in certain modes in which they reset with each hit.

What do you think could cause that only in a multiplayer game?

#5268 1 year ago

Definitely only happens during multiplayer games, but I will double check if it happens every time.

#5273 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

whats the advantage to this?

I like to soft plunge and go for the drop targets for the reason stated above. It also makes it less risky to light the Baratheon house as I am typically in a mode or multiball after the plunge.

#5275 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yeah I always mindlessly take the easy skill shot...might give the soft plunge a try.

If you haven't watched chuckwurt's streams (1 through 5) I would highly recommend it. A lot of great information in those videos.

#5276 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I plunge with the action button...mainly because im lazy.

That's because you get 50 billion every time you play. I need every advantage I can get to reach 2 billion.

#5281 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Randon dumb luck I’d say. Are you certain it happens 100% of the time in multiplayer games and 0% of the time in single player games?
I’ve seen targets reset before they weren’t supposed to, but it was very intermittent or during a ball search.

So I tried to do it the drop target reset again tonight and it worked as it should. I don’t know what was going on the other night, but I guess everything is normal.

#5286 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you playing house Baratheon by any chance when this happens?

I don’t believe so as I rarely play Baratheon, but I guess it’s possible. I think I was playing Tyrel or possibly Greyjoy.

#5301 1 year ago

Yeah it wasn’t during a mode, but thanks for the suggestion.

1 month later
#5347 1 year ago

I have an issue with my sword lock mechanism itself and when I contacted the distributor they ended up sending me a new bracket. Unfortunately for me the bracket was not the problem. It took 5 months to get the bracket, I’m hoping it doesn’t take another 5 months for the right parts.

#5350 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What’s wrong with it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-sword-adjustment#post-4136148

I’ve bent the bracket that holds the sword on top of the playfield so it works. Now just waiting to see what Stern sends next for parts.

4 weeks later
#5380 1 year ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Picked up my GOT premium. All of a sudden my line up reflects some of my favorite TV shows. Shaker went in with no issues. What are factory settings for Outlane posts?

Factory for the outlane posts on my Pro were on the furthest out making the bigger opening.

I moved mine to close it up.

#5386 1 year ago

7 months later and I’m still waiting on a fix for my sword lock mechanism. I’m glad it worked out well for you.

1 week later
#5413 1 year ago

It’s kind of amazing how maiden has so many threads and has made it into every other game thread.

3 months later
#5501 1 year ago

Lately I've been playing as Baratheon and working towards wall multiball. If I hit a random lock for Blackwater mb then I lock that ball. By doing this I can usually get 2 houses unlocked by the time I start Blackwater then an additional 2 houses unlocked by the time I start wall mb. The trick is starting 2 modes before starting wall mb. I have reached HOTK more often since playing this strategy.

1 month later
#5550 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes it was drilled wrong, it was a 1/4" off. I had to re-align and re-drill, not a big deal because it is a small screw but I do have an extra hole now.
Now having interment issues with sword ball lock. It seems to release multiple balls at once instead of releasing only one as it should. I have not had time to call Chas.
Also do not care for the skill shot, if they do a code update I would like to see the option of holding left flipper to allow orbit diverter to open to allow more skill shot options.
GOT kicks ass!

I also had the sword releasing to many balls when I didn’t achieve a multiball. Turned out my sword was not going down far enough to hold back the extra balls on the ramp. Push the sword down and see if it touches the bottom of the bracket.

Here’s a link to my problem and it has not been resolved as of today and I keep calling the distributor.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-sword-adjustment

1 month later
#5605 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So is this a full game played blind folded?

Is this where someone tells you what to do while you are blindfolded? If so I'll try to do this tonight with my wife. Well each play one game and see who wins. I can see the argument already. "You never listen to me". If she wins "I listen better than you". I'll post the results here.

#5614 1 year ago
Quoted from Vans:

My favorite game in the collection

And what a collection you have. That’s saying something.

2 months later
#5713 9 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Man it sure would be nice if Stern could do some polish on this game and drop some code on the 14th. Wishful thinking I know, but it sure could use some love.

I actually would love for them to wait for the series finally and update the code for the entire show/story. I can’t wait to see how those 3d slings look and work. I know you have your testers, but if something falls through I would love to test them for you.

#5717 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Yeah - I can't wait either It's a pretty dramatic change to the pin since the player is always looking in the flipper area.
I have sent out all of my viable prototypes and they should be in the hands of the testers in the next few days. If everything fits and I get a positive response, I'll put them on the market here on Pinside in the next couple weeks (I am targeting a price between $60 and $80 for the set - depending on the amount of post processing and painting/clearcoating required for the finished models).
Also, I have a no obligation limited pre-release list started for a 25% discount, if you wanna sign up:
https://www.pinworlds.com/wolfvslion
-PC

Sounds like a good deal. Good luck with your release.

3 months later
#5841 6 months ago

Had a great game last night and thought I would share. Made it to Black Water, Wall, and Hand of the King in the first ball before using my extra ball. Ended up two Targaryen's away from Iron Throne.

Full Disclosure:
-Outlane posts in lowest position
-Around 7 deg pitch
-Was able to light super jackpot and bring it into my first black water mb, but eventually did complete to light super jackpot (that mb totaled around 380k)
-Forgot I was Martel (I very rarely play as Martel) until I was in Hand of the King so that was a good mistake.
-Average to tight tilt setting

IMG_6026 (resized).JPGIMG_6027 (resized).JPG
#5858 6 months ago

This is incredible news. I can’t wait to see the new stuff. Almost feels like I’m getting a new game.

#5936 6 months ago

I know the code will be revealed tonight, but when does it get released to us peons?

#5939 6 months ago

So what you're saying is, it's going to be a late night. Got it.

#5957 6 months ago

Did everyone hear Jack say it will be an “excellent” game released on Thursday? Kind of said it in a Bill and Ted sort of way. I’m probably just imagining things.

#5961 6 months ago

Damn you Danger!!!

#6052 6 months ago

Updated my game and for my first with the new code I decided to go random. Obviously it landed on martell which didn’t change in the code update. Ended up getting my best score by far for the night though.

Also I have noticed that my right martell shot sometimes doesn’t register during black water multiball. I know this happened on the old code but thought it was a bug. It only happens during black water. I have never had it not register a shot or plunge outside of black water. Anyone else notice this?

#6083 6 months ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I don't know if it's a bug persay. It happens when the ball save is still on if you've lost a ball recently.
I.E. You lose a ball during multi-ball... then you hit the right martial shot around the time ball save kicks a ball back in the trough... the game thinks the auto launch has hit the shot and not you and doesn't give you the credit for the shot. Just bad timing.

I kind of assumed this, it just seemed to be more obvious last night when I was playing. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it's not a switch issue as well. Thanks.

2 months later
#6271 3 months ago

Finally. I did take the easiest path with Targaryen but I completed Iron Throne, I think. completed all the houses and hit the last lit shot (dragon). When the ball shot out of the dragon I hit the ball into the target next to the dragon and it went straight out the outlane. What happens after that last shot? Do you have to start all over? Also I already had 2 tilt warnings during that ball so no nudging during IT.
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpegB7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpegDCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg

#6274 88 days ago

Thank you for the explanation. What a great wizard mode. It was a blast going through all the houses and I live that it adds a ball after the battering ram at the end of each house. It allows you to enjoy the mode for that much longer. I’ve had this game 2 years and still love it.

1 month later
#6303 46 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you talking about the sword lock? Yes I had this issue intermittently even after the latest code update. I made sure to let Dwight know and put my game on virtual locks for now.

If you are talking about the sword lock like chuckwurt mentioned, I have had this happen a handful of times as well. I'm also running the latest code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
$ 11.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside