371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 8 years ago

They unveiled the LE at expo. There is a two or three hour video of live gameplay on YouTube too.

#76 8 years ago

I really like longer ball times to explore games. I think that this might come from virtual pin and the pinball arcade app where games are easier then real life.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

God, please no! No more DMD! The Ghostbusters movies have incredible iconic clips that would be perfect for an LCD game.

Hahahaha. If there's a ghostbusters pin, I bet that it will be for the new movie. There'll be no "incredible iconic clips" for you.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

And you sir, are completely wrong. The game will be released early next year, and have nothing to do with the female reboot. It is classic Ghostbusters only.

I hope your right...

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Let me guess -- do you play without wearing officially sanctioned tournament gloves as well?
-mof

...is this even a thing....

I consider myself to be a noob, but this sounds ridiculous

#160 8 years ago

I'm assuming you can dim the flashers, although I doubt the inserts will dim
image.pngimage.png

1 week later
#165 8 years ago

I had time today to play the pro game at the Playdium store.

Wow.

My friend Nate said " that's easily the most fun game on the showroom floor".

I'm not a very skilled player, but my level of skill doesn't dictate my level of enjoyment. This game left that "one more game" feeling with me. The code has been updated and I played through most of the houses, but it does default to the stark mode if you don't hold the action button for 3sec before starting a game. I wasn't able to complete more than two houses in any one game, so I didn't get to any mini wizard modes. The blackwater multiball is fairly easy to get, it seemed almost to easy.

One thing I noticed is that the sword of multiball seems to be two separate mechs. One for the sword and one for the post. So if you didn't have lock lit the ball would just run straight down the right side. Originally I though the sword and post were connected as one unit.

The kickback is comparable to f14 tomcat. It's fast and shoots directly at the right flipper.

All and all its a great game. I'd be happy with a pro, it didn't seem stripped down. I'm still betting that the upper Playfield will be worth every penny and I'm hoping to have my premium game for my birthday in the middle of December.

I did get my initials up. Although I'm a LONG way from a billion point game. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#178 8 years ago

One complaint I have is that when you hit the right ramp to get a sword, I thought the audio clip saying the sword name to be really delayed. Like 3-5sec after the ramp is made.

Unlike the left ramp when in stark mode. Aria stark is calling out her list of names as soon as you hit the ramp.

#200 8 years ago

Copied from another thread. It's 6 balls apparently.

Quoted from Avatar:

Sorry for not getting back earlier with some feedback. But as a co-organiser of the European Pinball Championship I did not have any free time to get online the past weekend.
Mr Stern actually brought update software with him and 2 extra balls. His visit was plannen as he was one of the ViP-guests at the EPC. The machine left the factory with beta-software, not for release. We only learned after delivery that we could not yet broadcast because of this. Also all pictures and video could not be released until Mr Stern officially started GOT (on friday). Unfortunately we already released word we would stream ... Woops
By now you will a lot of footage on our Twitch.
The machine plays f@#king awesome: 6 balls ... lightning fast gameplay ... excellent lightshow ... epic soundtrack ... WARNING: if you play this machine, you will want to buy this.

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

In 2 weeks. We LE buyers are hoping to have our machines since LEs are on the line
On that note. I wonder how many initial run pros made it to Canada

I don't think many have made it north of the border yet. My distributer (one of the two(?) in Canada) commented that they've sold about a half dozen premium games, I can't imagine the number of LE's will be to high (a lot of collectors seem out because of the low dollar) and I haven't heard many Canadians on here comment about getting the pro. I'd bet less then 50 are here.

1 week later
#335 8 years ago

.......I'm just saying the there's no twd kicks ass thread, or Metallica kicks ass thread, or ____ kicks ass thread.

This game has the potential to be one of the great ones.

#424 8 years ago

I think the "game of thrones" part of the game is more of an add on marketing tool to sell more games (and I'm a huge fan of the show), than a theme to base the machine around. I've just decided that it is a Fantasy theme pin, loosely designed around the Game of Thrones series. Full disclosure; I'm in for a Pre (1st NIB)

I do think the theme integration could have been better, but again I've decided to focus on the RPG elements of the code as a cool feature and the house modes supplemental to that. If the machine was entirely and purely a Game of Thrones pin, I'd expect something more. But for me, judging it as an RPG Fantasy pin it has me sold.

I've only played the Pro for about 45 min, but as a novice player not getting very deep into the rules I had just as much fun playing this game as I would have had playing LOTR or MM; two other Fantasy themed games that are liked by many.

#457 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crud! My game won't be ready till mid Dec. oh well, can't wait to get this badboy home!

Is this for an LE?

#498 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yup it's happening. I was just notified my LE is ready to ship and I should have it by Wed. So stoked!

You might have the first LE on pinside.

#523 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you gotten to Winter has Come? Basically you have to complete all the Winter is coming hurry ups.
Also, I am sure there will be another wizard mode (or maybe there already is), for doing things multiple times (like Star Trek). Not sure what happens after you complete Iron Throne mode, but it would be cool if you didn't win the Iron Throne you had to start all over again, or at least get some of the completed houses taken away that you had to defeat again to get back to the Iron Throne mode.

Why couldn't they just program it that after you "beat the game" once you pick a new family to be the hero for. Then yo would have to beat each house several times to ultimately finish the game.

2 weeks later
#594 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The game is pretty fun but there feels like limited things to do and it gets repetitive feeling pretty quick.

Do you think that having the mini Playfield is required in this game to avoid the "limited things to do"?

Every pinball game will eventually feel repetitive. The shots will never physically move within the machine. It's the job of the software to alleviate that feeling. Do you think it's possible that the software will adventually make this game feel unique enough to keep in a collection, or is it a lost cause?

Sorry to single you out, but this sounds pretty dismissive so soon after the games release. Do you usually find that games become repetitive so quickly?

#620 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I wouldn't expect more callouts. I'm not sure what isn't done on the upper pf, but the rules are all in and the wizard mode is done. Maybe be some super small changes coming. But I would consider this one mostly done as is with minor improvements - definitely not in its infancy.

I understand that this is just your opinion man, but you really come off sounding like Kaneda with this statement. (Unless of course you work at Stern and have inside information)

3 weeks later
#1044 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

is the LE worth the extra money.

Not only is there an upper Playfield, but there is also the full Playfield colour changing lights, the new shot to the VUK / throne and an added drop target in front of the right ramp. I'm betting it's worth every penny extra. I've only played the pro and it was a blast, but I'm a sucker for extra flippers and upper Playfields. I'll let you know next week.

If all goes well, I'll will start and unboxing thread on Tuesday or Wednesday for my premium game. I've been told by my distributer that it should be ready for Monday or Tuesday.

#1070 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

Bummer. Hopefully it comes sooner.

My premium should be any day now. It won't be long till your playing yours

1 week later
#1159 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got the bonus round going and cradled a ball on the left flipper and was shooting center shots with the right. After a few shots, each shot was awarding 120 mil! It was fun fun stuff. Ended with a 1.7 bil HOTK. Hope to see HOTK and WHC champion table in a future patch

Man I suck at pinball. It's fun as hell, but I'm such a crappy player still. I'm having a difficult time hitting the ramps consistently. I bricked so many shots on the gold targets yesterday that I started playing Lannister.

I put the game up to 7deg last night and it's to ruthless for me at this point. I think I'm going to drop it back to 6.5deg

#1209 8 years ago

I'm really hoping that somebody smarter than I will make a lighting kit that sync's up to the colour of the action button.

I want a mod that makes the exterior of the game glow the colour of the action button, something that can light up the leg protectors, the shooter rod housing, an under/behind cabinet led strip, speaker grills, ect. I play many 4 player games and it would be so cool to have the machine switch colours depending on who's playing.

I'm sure there must be a simple circuit to repeat the RGB signal going to the action button and amplify it, to control a handful of attachments. The device connections should be after the repeater/amp, so that people could use one power module to light the individual features that they'd like. Not everyone will want everything to glow, some might just want the shooter rod, others might want just the leg protectors.

There's some off the shelf products that might work, but I'm not an electrical engineer. I don't want to damage my game but I'm willing to try stuff out if anyone could point me in the right direction.

#1220 8 years ago

I don't think this is just the honeymoon talking but, I think game of thrones is the most fun I've had with a pin. I'm far from a pro player, but I know what to shoot for. Game of thrones is truly one of the best pins out there. I haven't played every pin and some like WoZ I could use more time with to judge better, but this game is awesome. There are several pins that I've gotten quite deep into and enjoy a lot like AFM, LOTR and TSPP, but game of thrones just seems to be a tier above the rest. TWD and MET are lots of fun, but they haven't sucked me in like this one. My premium has over 350 plays and it continually gives me that one more game feel.

#1239 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

No back handing here.

I'm really beginning to question the playability of my machine. Backhands are few and far between. The ramps need perfect shots to complete them. I'm going to try increasing the coil power to see how that plays.

I reduced the angle from 7deg to 6.8deg. It plays better now.

In other news. I have had ONE left orbit shot work in over 300 games.

#1247 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

the latest code instaled?

We're on 1.21 right? That's what mine shipped with

#1248 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

you are truly the worst pinball player

There's a high probability of that.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I have heard the secret of making an orbit in GoT is in having the right breathing technique and enough Shasta in your system .

I've been huffing and puffing outta frustration. Is that right? Also I don't think we can get Shasta in Canada.

#1252 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

focus on the puff's. You'll be awesome in no time!

Trust me. I'm great at the puff's. puff, puff, pass is in my normal training routine.... I always feel awesome, but that could be why I don't play so awesome.

1 week later
#1463 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One thing I found this morning is hitting the drops from the right flipper usually had a safe carrum to the Tyrell targets. Good way to double dip there.

That's what I've found also. Shoot with the right flipper toward the lord of light drops and the rebound heads straight for the Tyrell targets. Nice.

#1493 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

GOT Kicks MY Ass!

I feel your pain. My best score is 975mil. But usually the games end under 500mil with no more than two or three houses done.

#1495 8 years ago

Lannister house is hit gold stand ups between lanes to light them, then hit 5 lanes to win
Stark is, hit the ramps 3 times or more then an orbit to win
Martel is hit 3 orbits then a ramp to win
Tyrell is shots to the right stand ups then to a ramp then back to the stand ups. (Do this a couple times)?
Berathion is shots to the left. orbit lights, then orbit or kickback light. Finish it off with the drop targets.
Greyjoy is hit each main shot. Timer resets after each one.
Targarian is a challenge unto itself.

I try to pair Lannister and greyjoy, or Lannister and stark. Stark and Tyrell. Berathion and Martel. Or Martel and Tyrell together. Targarian by itself.

I never do greyjoy with stark or Martel.

Do I have it right? What do you guys play together to complete houses.

#1508 8 years ago

While in each mode the 3 targets on the upper Playfield add time to the mode. 5sec per target. The upper Playfield left orbit completes house requirements. (While in stark mode it adds a name to aria's hit list) but at times, it will also get you castles for the house your fighting. I'm not 100% sure on the rules.

In normal gameplay the 3 mini Playfield targets light up, after their hit, the two drop off lanes light up. Hit one of them to advance toward castle multiball. This also raises the drop in front to the left ramp. Hit the drop target to open up the ramp again. Get the ball back up to the mini Playfield to repeat the cycle. Complete this 4 times to get castle multiball.

#1511 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also battle for the wall multiball. I hit the kickback to advance that right? For each hit to the kickback does it advance by one?

In the pre/LE yes. The kickback advances it by one. When it's ready, you shoot the throne to start battle at the wall.

#1524 8 years ago

So on the pro can you add time to the modes like you can on the pre/LE.

#1618 8 years ago

Clear coat protects the paint. It's a coating is on the wood. If the wood gets a dent the clear coat will dent too. I dont think any amount of clear coat would prevent this. Your car will dent too even though it's been clear coated.

If you have a game with no noticeable dents on the Playfield then there are three possibilities.
1) the game has never been played.
2) the game had a Playfield Protector installed before it was played.
3) the entire Playfield has been dented to one uniform level because it's been played a lot.

Almost all games fall into the #3 category.

#1621 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

This is simply not true.

I stand corrected. This must be the exception to the rule, or was it dinted flat before his clear was put on? Did he apply his clear to a new Playfield or was it a restoration? If so I'd put it in group 3

#1626 8 years ago

Yesterday my buddy had a never ending multiball. He was playing winter has come, finished it off by starting blackwater multiball and as soon as that ended he started battle at the wall. Pure chaos for like 5 minutes.

#1686 8 years ago

Je ne parle pas francais, et tu englais.

That's about all I remember from grade 9 French class, and I live in a country where it's our second national language. Congrats to anyone the can speak multiple languages.

#1697 8 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Do you find the Pro plays easier than the Premium?

Ive played only a couple dozen games on the pro, in the showroom. I've played a couple hundred games on the premium at home.

IMHO the pro is easier for a couple reasons. The mini-Playfield blocks the view of some shots, you can loose track of the ball more easily, but it's easy to deal with that after a couple games. The mini-Playfield also adds a new element making the rules more complex, not harder, but more complex. The main difference to me is that the right orbit on the pro has changed, on the pre/LE it has became the mistery shot as well as an orbit shot. This changes the dynamics of the game quite a bit, making it more difficult and more fun.

Sure the pro is a great game, anyone with a pro should be proud of their game. I just think the added benefit of the pre/LE changes will make it last longer in a collection.

#1724 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1760 8 years ago

Ok well one reason why game of thrones doesn't kick ass is cleaning it. It gets dirty quick and it is nasty to strip it down.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
I'm installing Titan competition rings so hopefully I won't be doing this again soon.

#1764 8 years ago

That center ramp to the right is tucked pretty far under the castle and is difficult to wipe down while the castle is in place. The iron throne and plastics on the right are quite the task to remove. I wanted to wait until my Titan rings came in before I ripped it all apart. Now I'll give it a good cleaning before I put it all back together.

#1819 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I hold in both flippers before starting a game, it let's me start it in Competition Mode which let's me choose a house.

If your hands are holding both flippers, what are you pushing the start button with.

#1870 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Choose House: At the beginning of a game, you will be able to choose which one out of the six houses to fight for. NOTE: Targaryen can't be fought for, but it can be played.
After choosing a house, you acquire the house's power. These powers are:
- Stark: Winter is Coming hurry-up value starts (10M) higher.
- Baratheon: Get 2 advances towards Wall Multiball. Wall Multiball scoring is higher.
- Lannister: Yellow targets add 100% more gold than usual. Get 500 gold to start.
- Greyjoy: Gain the powers of other Houses for each House mode you complete. CAREFUL: Selecting house Greyjoy prevents you from stacking two modes at once, and adds shots to each mode!
- Tyrell: One return lane is always lit to increase the combo multiplier.
- Martell: During multiball, press the action button (once per ball) to obtain an add-a-ball. Note that this removes the normal "Multiplier Cash-In" functionality that the action button offers.
Skill Shot: Plunge into the lit lane to collect the skill shot award of (500k x Ball #) and 1 bonus X.
Bonus X: Complete the two top lanes to increase the bonus multiplier, and advance to the Wall Multiball.
Bumper awards: Shooting a ball into the pop bumpers allows several awards to be matched up on the display. These can be collected at any time. Some awards I've seen are:
- Increase Winter is Coming (spots a shot)
- Increase Bonus Multiplier (by 1/3x)
- More Time (10 seconds during a mode, or a portion of your Winter is Coming hurry-up)
- Big Points (1 million)
- Advance Wall (advances towards the multiball)
- Collect 5 Wildfire
- Collect 200 Gold
- Light Wildfire Mini-Mode
- Light Extra Ball (at the Dragon)
- Light Sword
- Collect Special
- Add-A-Ball (see below)
Mystery: Completing all of the gold standup targets lights the Mystery shot at the Dragon; shoot it to initiate the award select. You will be presented with three options: keep your gold, and two awards that cost gold. These awards are based on the amount of gold you have collected so far; spend it wisely. Some mystery awards include:
- Big Points (1M, multiplied by playfield/combo multipliers)
- Bigger Points (5M, multiplied by playfield/combo multipliers)
- Video Mode (1x, 2x, 3x scoring)
- Light House
- Increase Bonus Multipliers (by 1/3x)
- Light Lock
- Collect Wildfire
- Light Extra Ball
- Light 1x/2x/3x Super Jackpot
- Light Playfield Multiplier
- Collect Golden Hand (750k end-of-ball Bonus)
- Light Lord of Light (on Outlanes)
- Hold Bonus
Specials: 25 million
Extra Balls: 15 million
Winter is Coming: Once a house is lit, the shot you made to advance to it "ices over". Make 3 additional house advances (shooting a shot or completing a target bank) to start the mode. During the mode, the last "iced over" shot will flash and no other progress (other than locks and multiball starts) can be made. Shoot the flashing white shot to collect the hurry up value. Collect four hurry-up values to begin the Winter Has Come mini-wizard mode. Each of the seven shots can be collected (both target banks, both ramps, both loops, and the dragon).
Multipliers: There are two types of multipliers in the game: one for the overall playfield scoring and another for combos collected. Making shots allows the multipliers for other shots to increase up to 5x. Shooting the battering ram 5 times qualifies the playfield multiplier, and shooting it again begins a round where all playfield values are 2x for a minute and each battering ram shot increases the playfield multiplier by 1x, up to 5x. The higher the multipliers are, the less time you have to use them. These multipliers can be cashed in at any time during the ball by pressing the action button; despite taking away all multipliers, this also can award some decent points. The best way to handle cashing in is by pressing the action button as the ball drains.
Lord of Light targets: Completing the three drop targets to the left activate ball saves at the left + right outlanes. Not sure about awards after the ball saves but there apparently are more.
Wildfire: Shooting the battering ram allows you to collect Wildfire when lit by shooting it again and again. Wildfire increases your Blackwater Multiball jackpots, though it has a diminishing effect the more Wildfire you have. You can also collect Wildfire from a pop bumper award or by locking balls for Blackwater Multiball.
Swords: Completing any house mode (or a pop bumper award) lights the right ramp to collect a sword. These can be multiplied for huge points. They also allow you to advance your playfield multipliers higher -- initially, you can only go up to 2x, but each sword increases the cap by 1x up to 5x.
Blackwater Multiball: Shoot the two standup targets to the right to light lock at the left ramp. Lock 3 balls to begin the multiball. During multiball, complete the five major shots to collect Jackpots and light the Super Jackpot at the battering ram. The Super Jackpot is worth ((6 * SJP level * jackpot amount) + SJP BASE AMOUNT) * playfield multiplier. Even if you've collected a Super Jackpot already, you'll have a 20-second grace period when multiball ends to collect more Super Jackpots. When the Super Jackpot times out with the multiball still running, the Jackpots re-light and need to be collected twice, but the second shot and the Super Jackpot are worth double. Timing out subsequent Super Jackpots will add another shot required for completion at 1x higher multiplier, and make the Super worth 1x more. Locks for the first multiball only require one hit to any green target; further multiballs require both individual targets to be hit.
Wall Multiball: Completing the top lanes 6 times enables Wall Multiball. Shoot the dragon to begin the multiball. Once the 3-ball multiball begins, shoot 3 ramp shots to collect Jackpots and light the Super Jackpot on the Dragon. The Jackpots will then be lit on the loops. Shooting 3 loops lights the Dragon again for a Super Jackpot, and Jackpots return to the ramps. Baratheon's powerup increases the value of the Jackpot and Super Jackpot drastically, and is a viable house for high scores. Further Wall multiballs require 11 top lane completions.
Add-A-Ball: An Add-A-Ball is available for multiball modes other than the Iron Throne by competing a set of "Light/Lock" targets. This makes the next pop bumper award an Add-A-Ball. Note that if an award is locked in, that award will need to be collected before the Add-A-Ball.
House Modes: At the beginning of a game, the house you have selected will always be the first mode available. However, shooting other shots three times each during the game enough times enables other modes to be activated. The shots from left to right enable the modes in the same way I listed earlier. There is also a way to activate collaboration modes between houses, which activate the scoring features of both chosen houses at once for higher risk, but more points. The modes are activated by shooting the left ramp at any time when the mode start light is lit, and a player may strategically choose to pass and choose to battle no houses. Some modes are also timed. Failure to complete timed modes will force the player to restart the mode by shooting the left ramp. Progress through modes is saved only for certain houses. These modes are:
Stark: Loop the left or right ramp to advance the kill list and increase the payoff score, then shoot the left or right orbit to collect the payoff score and finish the mode. This mode is timed. Greyjoy players require both loops and ramps to be shot (for jackpot advances) as well before the mode will end.
Baratheon: You build the value of this mode and then collect by shooting the one of the three targets on the three bank on the left side of the play field. The mode starts with the left orbit shield flashing yellow. Hitting the spinner (from either orbit) lights the mystery shot yellow as well. You must hit at least the mystery shot in order to cash in on the value you've built, which you will know is qualified when the shield is flashing in front of the three bank. Greyjoy players must also hit the center ramp.
Lannister: Shoot gold targets to light two shots and increase shot value. Make five lit shots to end the mode. This mode is timed at 40 seconds. Greyjoy players must hit every shot once (for shot value increases) as well.
Greyjoy: All of the main shots are lit. Complete them to finish the mode. 12 second timer, with the timer refreshing on a completed shot. This house is already spotted for you if you select Greyjoy to begin with.
Tyrell: Lit shots alternate between ramps/dragon and lock targets. For the first cycle, the Dragon and the Ramps will be lit. Shooting a lit shot lights the lock target bank, and shooting the target bank lights the two ramps (no Dragon). After the second cycle, only the right ramp will be lit. Greyjoy players need to hit each ramp shot and the Dragon once (for mode scores) to complete.
Martell: Shoot the left or right orbit three times within 10 seconds (refreshing after the second orbit shot) for increasing mode hurry-up value, then shoot either ramp to finish off the mode and collect the hurry-up. Mode timer is 30 seconds, refreshing if under 10 seconds when a lit shot is made. Greyjoy players must shoot both ramps (for hurry-up advances) to complete the mode.
Targaryen: There are three dragon modes which increase in difficulty. There will be a set number of shots lit. Complete these, then shoot the dragon to complete the first wave. Repeat for waves 2 and 3. The mode will end after defeating each dragon, requiring you to shoot the mode start to begin battle with the next dragon. Defeat all three dragons to finish the mode.
Dragons 1 and 2 will light the ramps, loops, and then dragon for hurry-ups. Level 1 requires one of each ramp/loop to be shot to progress to the next shot, Level 2 requires both. Level 3 lights 3 shots for hurry-ups; collect all 3 to light the dragon. Complete this cycle 3 times to complete Targaryen. Greyjoy players have a hurry-up at the target banks before starting a Level.
Completing three House Modes lights Extra Ball. Completing four normal modes begins Hand of the King wizard mode. Completing all normal modes begins Iron Throne wizard mode.
Winter Has Come Mini Wizard Mode:
Completing four Winter Is Coming hurry-ups will immediately begin Winter Has Come. WHC is a four-ball multiball with two alternating phases:
Horde: A timer is activated, and all seven major shots are lit. Each shot made awards points and restarts the timer. If the timer runs out at any point, another shot will be added. The timer is not shown on the DMD; you must listen carefully for a clock ticking. Completing all seven lit shots begins Boss.
Boss: Three shots are lit as hurry-ups on their own timers. Once one shot is hit, a new shot will start timing out. If a shot times out, a flipper will become frozen and be temporarily deactivated for a couple of seconds, or until a specific shot is hit with the other flipper. If all three shots time out, you'll have to shoot a lit shot in a small period to get back to this mode; if that timer runs out, you'll have to face the Horde again. Collecting four shots during this mode awards the Winter is Coming Super Jackpot, which instantly rewards all the hurry-up values you collected from Winter is Coming again. This will also send you back to Horde, for shots at more Super Jackpots.
The values of the four WIC hurryups collected will influence the jackpot scoring in this mode, meaning Stark's can make this mode quite lucrative. Once WHC is complete, no more WIC hurryups can be collected until Iron Throne is completed; all shots corresponding to lit houses will no longer "ice-over".
Hand of the King Mini Wizard Mode:
Completing four houses will light HOTK.
The houses that you take into HOTK wizard mode can be important. Each house brings with it an attribute that will make it easier or more difficult to get through the mode. They are as follows:
Stark: Bonus round - 20 Seconds of free shooting after a completed set (lights up random shots for points; you may not want to go for these, it's a waste of time and it could end HOTK prematurely)
Baratheon: All 7 shots instead of 4 shots must be completed in order to finish a set.
Lannister: +125,000,000 added to hurry-up
Greyjoy: One less set needed to start super jackpot hurry up
Tyrell: +15,000,000 per super jackpot
Martell: All shots must be completed twice
Targaryen: +750,000 per shot award
HOTK is a mini wizard mode that is completed in "sets".
Each set starts with four shots to complete
The shots needed to complete the set are dictated by the houses you have carried into HOTK with you (more below).
The value collected from shots also adds to the Super Jackpot value
After completing the four shots that are lit, the super jackpot will be lit at the battering ram. The Super is determined through the best shots made in the set. Collecting the super will complete the set.
Completing 3 sets will start a hurry up at the battering ram. Once this is collected or times out, everything starts over.
You'll also notice that the inlanes will be flashing yellow. A ball that travels through the inlane will increase the combo value of each of the main shots by 1x. For instance, if your multipliers are [1x 2x 2x 2x 1x], after a lit inlane, they will be [2x 3x 3x 3x 2x]. This is available at all times, regardless if you have Tyrell's powerup or not. This can also temporarily increase the combo multiplier to 6x.
Iron Throne Wizard Mode:
Completing all of the house modes lights the mode start shot for IT wizard mode. Like HOTK, this multiball is is based on completing sets of shots.
All of the central house lights that normally signify mode completion turn off at the beginning of the mode.
The mode starts out as a 2-ball multiball.
All house shots are lit to start a siege on their castle and light a set of shots.
Each "set" consists of hitting all 7 house shots. Shots turn off as you complete them.
Once all 7 shots have been completed, the battering ram lights for a Super Jackpot + Add-A-Ball.
Collecting a super jackpot will light that house to signify completion.
Start a new set by shooting one of the remaining unlit house's shots.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when you drain down to a single ball.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when your ball ends; you pick up where you left off on the following ball!
Martell's Add-A-Ball can be used at ANY time, including in single-ball play!
After completing the last main castle, you will recieve one last added ball. You will then go through various other castles and cities and collect "victory lap" shots until you are down to one ball, at which point Iron Throne ends.
Casual mode settings
Players will not be able to choose a house at the start of the game. Players will start with House Stark.
STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
GREYJOY starts lit.
No option to PASS on choose your battle
If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
Flashing effects will be set to the less intense setting.
Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.
Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.

Would you mind if I copied these rules and changed them for the pre/LE game. I'd like to start a new thread with this post and include the upper Playfield and throne rules.

This game is so awesome we need a place dedicated to game play advice

#1894 8 years ago

I bought T-800's translight because I thought it was much better than the original, but I imagine that after the series has finished there will be new ideas for artists the draw inspiration from. I will probably buy another one in 5 years.

#1912 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The other day I cashed out IB with a 5x playfield multiplier going and I still only got about 2 million points. I don't think I have ever got above 4 million for it.
Rob

I've slapped it just as multiball ends and got close to 7mil. But if I wait for the ball to drain I usually get 1.5-2 million

1 week later
#1998 8 years ago

I had my first billion point game the other day, and I wasn't even at hand on the king yet.

#2006 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I still have an unresolved major issue on my Premium:
I cannot seem to de-power the electromagnets in the outlanes. These things pull in balls from all the way across the playfield!

I had that same problem. I found that if you move the outlanes posts the the smallest opening the game performs better. I think the electromagnet sensitivity is in relation to post placement. Also if the plum bob is set low enough you can sometimes wiggle the ball free from its death grip.

Hope that helps

#2022 8 years ago

Last night I had a pretty good run at battle for the wall. Saw some new light effects that were pretty trippy. If you haven't played on a premium/LE I highly recommend it. This game is phenomenal.

#2057 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I also thought about adding a small piece of mylar under where the ball is resting when in the dragon/mystery lock (pro). Dunno if it already is, have to check.

My premium has Mylar everywhere it's needed. In the pop bumpers, at the kickback, inlanes where the wire forms drop the ball, back of the orbit where the upper Playfield drops down. I did add a piece to the metal ramp that is used under the upper Playfield, but everywhere else was good.

#2087 8 years ago

If it's a pro it ships with casual mode on. You can turn it off in settings.

To bypass it for one game hold the action button for 3 seconds before pressing start.

#2099 8 years ago

Here's my approach on a premium, I play Martell and build castle MB until I light stark. I fight stark alone first. Then I light greyjoy and Lannister and fight them when I start blackwater MB. Next I try to play Martell and Tyrell together. If I finish one that starts hand of the King. Usually I will start battle for the wall before hand OD the King. ......and that's about as far as I've got so far. Occasionally I'll play winter has come in there too. That's more random, just whenever I complete the hurry-ups.

1 week later
#2238 8 years ago

I'd be upset if there isn't a code update after the story is complete. I'd like to see some trim and polish now, but the game of thrones story is far from being finished

#2309 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

let me know if i'm the one who's crazy
thanks.

I haven't double checked this for you, but I set my clock to give the midnight MB at 9:00pm and haven't got it since the code update. Last night I noticed at 9:06 that I didn't get the MB and just thought I must have been between games at 9. I'll check my clock when I get a chance for you.

2 weeks later
#2612 7 years ago

I just ordered a 50 pack of these from China. I might add them to the inlane plastics or I was thinking about sticking them to the blue protectors and not having the plastics on.

#2631 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A mod that I would love to see is someway to link up speaker light kits and undercab lighting to the action button to change to your house color and just mimic the behavior of the action button. Also have flashing effect too during modes and Multiballs.
I know we've mentioned this multiple times, but I just want to keep throwing out there in case someone capable is willing to tackle it. Haha

My buddy's an electrician and is going to introduce me to his friend that's an electrical engineer, I plan to talk to him about doing this properly.

2 weeks later
#2811 7 years ago

Mmm....I loves me some crow sounds for 10 points; most lucrative shot in the game.

2 weeks later
#3006 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

0x382 - Now let's find some wine and some bitches
0x392 - The F you looking at?
0x3C2 - For Fs sake!
0x3C3 - F off!
0x3CC - What the F are you doing?
0x640 - Hodor!

right on. So, These are unused quotes in the code? There could be an adult mode coming in a future update

1 week later
#3055 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i can make this as sticker for the spinner, what do you guys think?

I'll get a blue one

1 week later
#3158 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

alright guys,
sticker is done (faceless man coin).
i did this decal matching the sticker i did for the sword metal plate.
it is also laminated.
didn't removed the original, it's applied right on top.
i have a few sets (front and back) available, for pro/le and premium.
i can send the stickers including shipping for $10usd.
just shoot me a pm.
here a few pics of the pro/LE version installed and a quick look at the premium version.

Just got my premium spinner stickers installed. Thanks again for sending these out. This helps tie the Playfield together with both the sword sticker and spinner sticker looking the same.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#3361 7 years ago

Last night I turned on my premium for one game, that turned into a marathon. Played my best game. 1.7bil points. I've had this game since January and I'm not the best player around so there were lots of bricked shots and missed shots. It took me 4 attempts to beat Martel; I couldn't hit anything when I wanted, so this score could have just been a fluke.

I had blackwater multiball happen 3 times, I played battle for the wall (poorly), I reached hand of the King for my third time AND for the first time ever I played winter has come multiball. I had beat every house except Tyrell and and third targarian, almost making it to the iron throne.

I probably has 5 extra balls (remember I'm not that good, so the threshold is fairly low) during this game. I didnt get the castle multiball but did have battle for the wall ready for a second go right before I drained.

This game is so great, man, it really kicks ass, and leaves you wanting to more every time.

3 weeks later
#3414 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GOT definitely kicks ass! Needs another update to bring it altogether though

As much as I want an update to bring it all together; I'd rather wait 2 more years for the story to be complete.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

make it happen Dwight, we'll love you forever and not to egg you on even further, but TWD is currently sterns best coded game ever (IMO), but I honestly believe GOT has a chance at taking that crown

I also believe that GoT has the potential to be "a classic". If they (stern) include most of the improvements suggested we'll have an unbelievable finished product.

#3421 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think they are allowed to use anything other than what was approved at license.

There is unused call outs in the code already. Could it be possible that they have approved video assets that haven't been included yet? Doesn't stern have this new commitment to finishing code for games and hasn't there been updates years after the fact for games, I'm thinking advengers? Could be wrong though.

2 months later
#3767 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hey, quick question, hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction ...

Node board 9 and 10 are the same part number, so you could swap them to troubleshoot the node board or the switch.

1 week later
#3781 7 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Okay, another weird thing going on with my GOTPre. The "spinner" is stopping horizontally--i.e., its parallel to the playfied. So, when you hit a ball up the lane it does under it, instead of hitting it because it's not hanging "vertically." It seems to be seated fine--spins around okay, although I'm not 100% sure whether the left side "wire" is supposed to be on top of the switch it pushes or under it.
In any case, I ended up "fixing" it by taping a dime to one side at the bottom. Now when a ball hits it the weight of the dime drags it back to a vertical position.

You gotta bend the wires so that it's like a "u" so that the spinner is weighted to the bottom. I'm pretty sure that the wire is above the switch. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3852 7 years ago

That's so deflating. I've finally scored more then 2 billion in a game and haven't made it to the iron throne yet, but I'm getting better.....a long way from 33 billion but maybe some day.

#3855 7 years ago

My buddy had GC'd my game at 2.4b, it took me months to beat him, but man that felt good. Having my name on the top again like it should be.

#3867 7 years ago

I was playing blackwater multiball with 3 balls going. For the first time I had 2 balls on the upper Playfield at once. It gets pretty crowded up there. But man it was fun, I almost forgot about the third ball on the lower Playfield for a sec.

#3874 7 years ago

I can't wait to get my hands on some Stark pop bumper caps. I also ordered in some side armor and inside decals for my bday/Christmas.

1 week later
#3882 7 years ago

Thanks Bob, for the great pop caps. Way better than the original ones. Worth every penny, I'm glad I got a set.

(Send him a pm, he might have more. https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/beatmaster )

IMG_2619 (resized).JPGIMG_2619 (resized).JPG
IMG_20161125_1853460 (resized).jpgIMG_20161125_1853460 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#3941 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I will say that with GOT, I'd just about be willing to bet most people don't fully understand the depth of strategy that the mini playfield brings into the game. I constantly hear that their isn't anything to do up there. That statement couldn't be more false. While their isn't a whole lot to do outside of modes while in a mode the mini PF can be quite helpful/lucrative.

This is so true. I'm always using the mini Playfield while in modes.

On my pre. I can backhand the right ramp occasionally, but it's an easier shot with a freshly waxed Playfield. I can hit the left ramp consistently with both flippers, and I can backhand the left orbit regularly too.

1 week later
#3984 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hand of the King Mini Wizard Mode:
Copied and pasted from Tiltforums. As you can see, Martell and Baratheon punish the most if brought into HOTK.
Completing four houses while not currently challenging a house will light HOTK.
The houses that you take into HOTK wizard mode can be important. Each house brings with it an attribute that will make it easier or more difficult to get through the mode. They are as follows:
Stark: Bonus round - 20 Seconds of free shooting after a completed set (lights up random shots for points; you may not want to go for these, it's a waste of time and it could end HOTK prematurely)
Baratheon: All 7 shots instead of 4 shots must be completed in order to finish a set.
Lannister: +125,000,000 added to hurry-up
Greyjoy: One less set needed to start super jackpot hurry up
Tyrell: +15,000,000 per super jackpot
Martell: All shots must be completed twice
Targaryen: +750,000 per shot award
HOTK is a mini wizard mode that is completed in "sets".
Each set starts with four shots to complete (or 7 if Baratheon is brought in).
The shots needed to complete the set are dictated by the houses you have carried into HOTK with you.
The value collected from shots also adds to the Super Jackpot value
After completing all the shots that are lit, the super jackpot will be lit at the battering ram. The Super is determined through the best four shots made in the set. Collecting the super will complete the set.
Completing 3 sets (2 if Greyjoy is brought in) will start a hurry up at the battering ram. Once this is collected or times out, everything starts over.
You'll also notice that the inlanes will be flashing yellow. A ball that travels through the inlane will increase the combo value of each of the main shots to the by 1x, and set all shots to the maximum current shot multiplier. For instance, if your multipliers are [1x 2x 2x 2x 1x], after a lit inlane, they will be [3x 3x 3x 3x 3x]. This is available at all times, regardless if you have Tyrell's powerup or not. This can also temporarily increase the combo multiplier to 6x.
Iron Throne Wizard Mode:
Completing all of the house modes lights the mode start shot for IT wizard mode. Like HOTK, this multiball is is based on completing sets of shots.
All of the central house lights that normally signify mode completion turn off at the beginning of the mode.
The mode starts out as a 2-ball multiball.
All house shots are lit to start a siege on their castle and light a set of shots.
Each "set" consists of hitting all 7 house shots. Shots turn off as you complete them.
The shot that corresponds to the current House's castle is lit in its House's color and is worth significantly more points.
Once all 7 shots have been completed, the battering ram lights for a Super Jackpot + Add-A-Ball.
Collecting a super jackpot will light that house to signify completion.
Start a new set by shooting one of the remaining unlit house's shots.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when you drain down to a single ball.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when your ball ends; you pick up where you left off on the following ball!
Martell's Add-A-Ball can be used at ANY time, including in single-ball play!
After completing the last main castle, you will receive one last added ball. You will then go through various other castles and cities and collect "victory lap" shots until you are down to one ball, at which point Iron Throne ends. (speculation: does this phase have an end?)
Casual mode settings
In recent updates, Casual Mode is set to off by default.
Players will not be able to choose a house at the start of the game. Players will start with House Stark.
STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
GREYJOY starts lit.
No option to PASS on choose your battle
If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
Flashing effects will be set to the less intense setting.
Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.
Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.
Upper Playfield
The Premium and the LE both have an upper playfield, which consists of two flippers, a scoop where the ball may enter from, three touch targets surrounding two back lanes (where the ball will fall into the left loop), a left castle "mini-loop," and two rubber bits going up the upper playfield to serve as slingshots. In addition, since the switch used to validate the right ramp is hanging into the upper playfield, hitting the wire gate hard enough will spot you right ramp shots.
Castle Multiball
During regular play, the upper playfield is used to advance towards Castle Multiball. Completing a set of 3 targets and then shooting the ball out a back lane collects "Archers!", "Charge", "Breach" and "Castle Multiball" in that order. After collecting one bit of progress a drop target will rise in front of the Right Ramp. Shooting the drop target or starting a mode/multiball will drop the target.
Castle Multiball is...honestly something that not many players seek, so if anyone has any information on it fill me in here. :sweat_smile:
Upper Playfield During Modes
During modes, the upper playfield is used to collect Castles and advance in the modes. At any point, shooting the Castle loop awards certain things in a mode (see below). In addition, hitting one of the 3 lit targets lights the outer targets and awards 5 seconds on the current mode(s). Hitting one of the outer targets lights the center target and gives another 5 seconds. Hitting the center target awards 5 more seconds and lights the castle loop, and collecting the castle gives 15M up front, 7.5M in bonus (!), and lights extra shots on the upper playfield for the following awards:
Stark: 1 Advance value (just like a ramp shot). Collecting the castle also lights the targets.
Baratheon: Build Baratheon Jackpot. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.
Greyjoy: Does nothing before the castle is collected, but lights the back lanes to spot a currently-lit shot afterwards.
Lannister: 1 Advance value (just like a lit gold target shot). Allows value to go beyond the usual maximum. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.
Martell: Build Martell Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets. If the hurry-up is running, points are added on.
Tyrell: Does nothing before the castle is collected, but lights the back lanes to spot the current lit shot afterwards.
Targaryen 1/2: Build Targaryen Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.
Targaryen 3: Build Targaryen Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets, which do damage to the dragon as well (just like 1 hurry-up collect).

ANY MODERATOR READING
this should be made a key post in this thread, so that it's linked from the first page. Thanks for posting the rule breakdown.

2 weeks later
#4088 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ouch. Please tell me that's not HUO?

Same thing happened to my premium after 1000-1500 plays

#4103 7 years ago

To remove the upper Playfield, lift the Playfield and disconnect the 3(I think) plugs for it. Pull the playfield forward to remove the dragon; it's 4 screws from the back side. I just let it hang in the cabinet while I do the rest of the removal. Next is the ramp; 2 screws at the top, 2 more at the bottom to make it a bit easier. Then the upper Playfield is held on by 4 screws from the top down. Just pull it up and out.

It's not to tough. Use a magnetic Phillips screwdriver on the upper Playfield cuz the washers are a pain in the ass to reinstall without one.

3 weeks later
#4161 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

How does one join this club? Are there yearly dues?

Yes there are dues

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Hey I set up my new Pro today!

Dues paid

1 week later
#4184 7 years ago

Has anyone installed leds in the outhole? Is it easy to do on a spike game?

2 weeks later
#4290 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've been rewatching all the seasons again. I just made it to season 5.

The wife and I rewatch the series before each season starts on tv. We're at 5-2 right now, I can't wait to watch season 6 again. We have until July before season 7 begins.

#4298 7 years ago

The show writers planned Game of Thrones as a 70 hour movie divided up for television. So it's kinda important to start from the beginning.

1 month later
#4392 6 years ago

2 months until season 7.
2 seasons of the show left.
4 possible spin-off shows in the works.
1 or 2 more code updates to polish the game up

How long will it be before the word gets out about how great this pin currently is? When I look at the top 100, I feel that this game should move up a couple spots.

#4403 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hope they don't do any spin offs.

I don't know for sure but I watched a video talking about what's in the works with hbo. I think the "spin-offs" are mostly stories that are already mentioned in A song of Ice and Fire or in other books. One was the story of Robert Baratheon's rebellion and rise to power. One was the fall of ancient veleria, and I think one was the stories of Duncan and egg.

1 week later
#4443 6 years ago

Here's my go at it, although these don't count. Outlane posts are in tight. Ball save times are like 30 secs. My game is set up pretty easy compared to factory defaults. I like to say it's set up to have fun. I played Martell first and Tyrell last. Also in my Tyrell game I was fighting Targaryen and Martell while battle for the wall started (first time I've done that).

Stark 6 435 790
Baratheon 2 285 040
Lannister. 31 557 130
Greyjoy. 45 019 190
Tyrell. 1 294 609 190
Martell. 1 004 545 590

Total. 2 384 451 930.

My GC score is 2.7B, .....so I'm just a little behind SKB's scores.

#4447 6 years ago

I think that was a node board issue that was fixed with a code update.

1 month later
#4548 6 years ago

Wow. I'm completely opposite. For my ball to stay in the thron I have to make sure that the wire form coming from the VUK to the throne is on as little of a slope as possible. Have the left side as low as possible and have the right side as high as possible, otherwise I find that the ball rolls to quickly to the throne and has enough momentum to roll off the front of the chair. I don't use foam or anything else. I'm well over 2000 plays and I've solved it for my machine it never falls out now

#4558 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't feel bad. I've had the game since it came out and have yet to break 2 billion. Embarrassing.

I had the 1st delivered premium game in the world, I think I've hit 2 billion twice and rarely pass the 1 billion mark.

Some games I don't even get blackwater multiball until ball 3

1 week later
#4583 6 years ago

You build wildfire by hitting the green tyrel targets on the right side. I think it increases points during blackwater multiball

1 week later
#4609 6 years ago

I think peter bailish will be one of the first to die, his power comes from deception. he looses that as soon as Arya or Bran get to winterfell. She can tell when you're lying and he will plug into a tree and eventually know everything.

#4617 6 years ago

Another hour till season 7 begins. Get your popcorn ready

#4641 6 years ago

So, I have a premium game, I've been slowly modding it into my version of a "House Stark LE" game. I've been thinking about adding a topper, although I don't have the ceiling height for the stern dragon topper. So I've been thinking about alternatives, originally I was thinking about adding a sword. Jon Snow's blade, Longclaw would be cool but it's 45" long. I think that might be to long for a topper, so I don't know.

It seems that this season in the tv show Dragonglass is going to become very important in the battle for the dawn, so I though about getting a obsidian knife, but I don't know, nothing has jumped out to me yet.

Maybe, Catspaw; that's the dagger that is used in season one to try and kill Bran Stark. We've seen Arya Stark with it in season 7 previews, so it might become important too, again I'm pretty undecided.

Does anyone have any cool ideas for a topper? Something other then the off the shelf generic stuff. I'm looking for something with a little wow factor.

1 week later
#4663 6 years ago

Does anyone know if the textured castle walls are still in the works? I've been waiting over a year and still want to get them if they are made. I also think it would be cool to have textured inlane plastics for the upper Playfield to match.

Make it so....

#4669 6 years ago

Ordered. Thanks.

Unfortunately I had to also get the ram mod and some crows.

1 week later
#4729 6 years ago

Does anyone remember a while back, there was a guy working on a mod for the castle door at the battering ram? I looked around and can't seem to find the pics. I wanted to take a second look at it because I think that area could use some improvement.

1 week later
#4745 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It'd be even better if some of the houses had 2 characters to choose from. With the Stark house, it'd be great to choose between Arya & Rob.

I'd like to see the second hero be purchased with gold. Some crazy amount for an extra ability.

1 month later
#4839 6 years ago

I left my battering ram just the way it is. It's a tough shot. But it's a battering ram, it shouldn't be easy to move. I'm not a tournament player. I don't need bajillion point scores to feel proud of my accomplishments. Steve Ritchie even said that it was designed to be difficult. Also it feels more rewarding when I get the multiplier up because it's so difficult to do.

#4851 6 years ago

I’m not giving up hope until a year after the show finishes. I’m really hoping for one final update in 2019.

#4862 6 years ago

Wow. That’s awesome. I totally would have got that if I had the chance.

1 week later
#4897 6 years ago

I just bought the dragon topper for my game, can’t wait to get it installed.

#4900 6 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

Hi there, just curious where you bought your topper from and how much you paid,that is if you don't mind sharing?
I get my NIB premium in a couple of weeks from player1 but did not buy the topper as they wanted 799.00 CDN. And I thought that was crazy!
Interested in getting one but not at crazy, where I have seen them for 499.00 just not sure which source to buy from.
Thanks for your help,
Requis

I managed to find one from another pinsider for a good deal. I agree paying retail for it is a bit crazy. 799cdn sounds about right for New. They’re usually $499usd + shipping + border tax, then converted into CDN $.

My best advice is wait for another one to come for sale on the after market, or wait for the dollar to improve and order directly from the USA. But there’s no real cheap way to get one.

#4909 6 years ago

I have a Pre and I prefer the blue playfield over the LE, but the cabinet on the LE is outstanding. I love that big dragon on the side. I’m indifferent on the backglass/translight, but I have scotts hand drawn one in my game. All in all I like the art too.

Don’t give up.....I’m still hoping for a update in 2019after the show is finished. The game is at 95% complete. Just a couple call out. Maybe a couple more animations. That’s all I’m asking for.

#4917 6 years ago

6526DD56-C686-45DF-8AE2-B6E841DCAAE5 (resized).jpeg6526DD56-C686-45DF-8AE2-B6E841DCAAE5 (resized).jpeg

#4926 6 years ago

Finally added a topper to my game. This is pretty sweet.
5A66AEFC-F7A8-4BF4-97AF-6F53C22BD83D (resized).jpeg5A66AEFC-F7A8-4BF4-97AF-6F53C22BD83D (resized).jpeg

#4942 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

just noticed on my game that the outlane posts are set in the top hole (widest position).

I moved mine to the bottom hole. It makes the game more fun for shitty players like me.

#4945 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

hello good night everyone, I have a limited edition and I love this machine ... I have a small problem and wanted to know if it happens to another person ... normally the right fin hits the tip very weakly, the comsinse will be left without force ... does it happen to someone else?

I’ve not had a problem with weak flippers. Check that the End of stroke switch has a good connection. The leaf switch should be touching until just the end of flip.
BB3E1642-356A-464C-A0B1-ACB287E49BA5 (resized).jpegBB3E1642-356A-464C-A0B1-ACB287E49BA5 (resized).jpeg

#4946 6 years ago

I noticed this sticker on my playfield before but don’t remember if I’ve posted it here before.

18E30C1E-99DE-4BFC-B251-0203E97E3562 (resized).jpeg18E30C1E-99DE-4BFC-B251-0203E97E3562 (resized).jpeg

Would this mean that the first run of premium games had 260 made, and that I have #196 off the line? I had the first game that was sent to a customer, but the Aussie and Europe pins would have been built and already on a boat. The American games are built last.

I wonder if anyone knows how many runs of premium games were made? If there was only one run of premium playfields then it would seem to be more rare then the LE game with 400 made.

4 weeks later
#4996 6 years ago

Didn’t x-men get an update like 5 years after it was released? Was that due to a coder working overtime, or did stern decide to go back and polish the code?

I’m not going to give up hope until a year after the show finishes.

#4998 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you’re thinking of avengers. I don’t think X-Men was that long of a wait, but that was before my time. Haha

Ya I’m pretty sure that your right. But the take away point is that code has been worked on years after initial release.

1 week later
#5017 6 years ago

I’m on the fence. Lcd sounds good with the extra features, but led has a nicer fit. I’d really like some opinions on this for GoT. I’d like whatever looks best regardless of price.

1 week later
#5065 6 years ago

I was asked for a video in scan mode.

#5072 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Is their a way to turn off the random award of "extra ball lit" from the pop bumpers? I like it when you have to achieve an "extra ball lit" like completing 3 houses. It can be frustrating when you are playing against some one and they get a random award of an extra ball lit. So I want to eliminate that award from the pops, but not from achieving it through game play completion. Does this make sense?

Look into tournament mode. Doesn’t that remove some of the randomness

#5080 6 years ago

Hey I’d just like to share my new mod for GOT (well any spike game) this is an under cabinet led kit that will change colour with the button on the lockdown bar. So when multiple players use different houses in a game, the machine will glow a different colour to represent you. A big thanks to Allibaster for helping me by double check my work before I plugged anything in. I was pretty hesitant doing this on my own with my limited knowledge in electrical design. Nothing is permanent, its easy to remove. it’s essentially a “Y” jack that comes out of the cabinet node board and connects from the lockdown bar’s button to an led amp that runs a rgb 12v strip. The 12v power comes from the bill acceptor header and has a fuse inline just in case.

If anyone is interested in doing this mod let me know. I’ll show you hows it’s done. I might also make a couple kits up if there’s enough interest.

#5087 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

So I’ve got an early version colordmd and am having trouble with the upload. Keep ending up with little dots everywhere.
Might have to try a different thumb drive maybe? I noticed in Randy’s instructions he mentions revision 1.3B
Mine says 1.3. Does this mean I am up for another (gulp) $600AUD newer version colordmd? Please noooooo!!!

try this. You’ll need a new ram chip I think.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-40-along-came-a-spider#post-3188795

1 week later
#5126 6 years ago

I’ve never had an issue with my ramps rejecting shots, but my battering ram does need a solid hit to respond. (I like it that way, it feels more satisfying when you make it)

Get a shaker motor, this game benefits from it.

Here’s the best fix for the left orbit issue. For everyone that hasn’t fixed this issue yet.
1 ) enlarge mounting holes in the baseplate of the VUK diverter by about 1/16” (~1.5mm)
E709DADF-1465-484C-A8FF-952FA54FF9B1 (resized).jpegE709DADF-1465-484C-A8FF-952FA54FF9B1 (resized).jpeg

2 ) reinstall the diverter pushing it toward the front of the game. Try to get it to look like this
07A4D6DA-98F8-4B7A-9A8D-4194D6032547 (resized).jpeg07A4D6DA-98F8-4B7A-9A8D-4194D6032547 (resized).jpeg

3 ) check from the top of the playfield that there is a smooth transition here so that the ball doesn’t catch an edge and bounce toward the top lanes.
233CCA0C-E32F-4341-8A52-4EC7E30B12FB (resized).jpeg233CCA0C-E32F-4341-8A52-4EC7E30B12FB (resized).jpeg

4 ) if the problem continues remove the rubber from the top posts on the lanes. But you shouldn’t have to do this if the diverter is moved far enough.

1 month later
#5177 6 years ago

Art blades vs mirror blades are personal preference. I have the stern art blades on my pre.

A shaker motor and a colour dmd are the two “must have” mods for this game. Both improve gameplay and are implemented perfectly.

I’m unsure of the connections, but it’s fairly simple with the Ethernet wires. I can check it tonight

1 week later
#5183 6 years ago

AC/DC just got a code update.......never say never.......I’m still hopeful

#5193 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Has there ever been reliable information on the production or batch numbers?

I don’t think that we know how many were in each run, but I’d think that if enough of us post a picture of the playfield sticker, and build date, then we should be able to come up with a pretty good guess...but that would take a lot of people to contribute their info before we could make an educated guess.

I’m very curious with the number of premium games that were built. I believe that they are more rare then the LE games, and I’ve never seen anything to dispute that idea.

#5196 6 years ago

Here’s what I found going back through the pictures. The Le’s have their sticker on the right side by the ball drain. The Pro stickers are in the center by the node board, and the Pre are on the left side.

Playfield sticker numbers

(1st run)
G4*Politico(GoT) PRO #1185 of 1295
G4*Politico(GoT) PRO #1282 of 1295

(2nd run?)
G4 Politico(GoT)-PRO #35 of —80

(Only run)
G5-00*Politico(GoT) LE #652 of 630 The LE was scribbled out and this is a Premium playfield

(1st run)
G6-00*Politico(GoT) Prm #196 of 260

A6CEA80D-9476-4EB7-8D58-755DCBFEB482 (resized).jpegA6CEA80D-9476-4EB7-8D58-755DCBFEB482 (resized).jpeg

#5204 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Provide a shaker strength setting,

You can change the weights on the shaker motor itself, adjust the offset so that it doesnt shake to much.

For code. I’d love to see a hero for each house. Something that you can purchase for gold that gives you a bonus throughout the game. It would be a cool way to include more characters from the show and a bit more depth to the game.

***Also can I get people to post pics of their playfield porduction number stickers. I’d really like to figure out how many were made of each run.

#5212 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I need to get my hands on a premium.... Or beg for one more run!!!!

Probably easier to find an LE then a Premium

4 weeks later
#5246 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I don't know, that's a card he stuck up there.

Could you snap a pic of the boards inside the head? Maybe there’s a Bluetooth audio sender connected to the headphone jack. I don’t know what else it could be?

2 weeks later
#5311 5 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Anyone have thoughts on a shaker motor and/or ColorDMD? Considering both.

They’re the only two “must have” mods for this game. Both improve the game a lot

2 months later
#5363 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I need for design data of the premium version in the image gallery on this thread.

The size of the plastic is the same, but the notch where the spotlight wire runs is different. This is the extra ones that came with my premium
20F8DF2F-9712-4478-AE57-BBF908B439A5 (resized).jpeg20F8DF2F-9712-4478-AE57-BBF908B439A5 (resized).jpeg

To make something universal you would have to make something like these. These were made for the pro, then I had to cut notches to make them fit.
3DBA078A-3740-42AE-BA9D-01A651C12FC8 (resized).jpeg3DBA078A-3740-42AE-BA9D-01A651C12FC8 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#5402 5 years ago

The left orbit isn’t supposed to work all the time, but it should work 100% in Martel mode since that requires orbit shots. During most modes it will stop the ball and drop it into the pops. The best advice I can give it to look down at the diverter and mace sure that the transition is smooth along that back wall. You might have to remove some stuff to get a good view of the arm but it should look like this. The axel of the diverter should be in a spot, so that the transition from wall to diverter is totally smooth.
B1129F77-635B-46C4-BB6E-1A545466149B (resized).jpegB1129F77-635B-46C4-BB6E-1A545466149B (resized).jpeg

After that, the next solution to try would be to remove the rubbers from the posts at the top of the lanes, and install thinner ones, or play without them. I might have taken off the middle one, but Im Unsure if it’s there or not.

3 weeks later
#5437 5 years ago

The shaker in GoT is the best implementation of one in a pin. It shakes when you hit the ram, dragon and multi ball. It just feels so right.

The topper is cool. The lights on the castle turn on as you unlock houses and the dragon flaps it’s wings in time with the playfield one. The topper is great, I have one, but to get the best bang for your buck I would save for a colorDmD. Totally a night and day difference with the video clips. If you already have a colorDmD then I’d recommend a topper.

3 months later
#5552 5 years ago

Metallica was released in 2013 and received a code updated in 2018.
GoT was arleased in 2015. So there still hope for a code update.

2 weeks later
#5569 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Finally got around to doing what luckydogg420 did to his GOT. Took it one step further though and added some RGB flipper buttons as well. Pretty cool addition IMO. Going to add this to a couple more Spike games as well (GOTG, ST)
pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sMhjk58jMx2bamjS9 (wiring is a bit rough...so don't mind that )

Hey, wow. Great job. I’m really glad that someone else has taken the time to do this up.

#5572 5 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

I couldn't sleep last night, so instead I've dreamed up a teamplay mode for GoT. Maybe if you guys like it, then maybe someone can get a word out to Dwight and maybe he can consider putting something like it in if maybe he does get around revisiting the GoT code sometime. Lotsa maybes in there
So here's my concept:
At the beginning of the game like with advanced play you can hold the action button to switch to team play. In team play the number of players must be known from the start and each player must choose their house before the first player gets to play - no late entries are possible.
If some players choose the same house, they play as a team. Each player is a fighter for the house (with separate scores) but they advance through the modes together. To do this however they must join their forces before each mode, meaning that they have to hit their house shot once for each other player in their house before proceeding with the normal mode shots. So if 3 people play the Martell mode for Lannister, on a mode start you have to hit the lock ramp twice before you can start hitting the orbits. If you finish the mode, it is awarded to all players of the house. If you fail, progress is being saved for all players of the house on modes that do so (at least the initial house-gathering shots are saved in all modes). Lighting house modes is not shared.
If some players choose different houses they form other teams, competing against each other. The rules above remain in place (if they have a team mate), but house modes that have been finished by another team become a little harder (since they are allied with an enemy team already). To finish them the players first have to gather their forces if they have allies (as above) and then additionally to the normal mode shots, hit the house shot of the house that finished the specific mode before as often as there are players playing that house. So if one of our 3 Lannister players starts a mode that has been finished by a player who chose Baratheon, he has to shoot the lock ramp twice to gather his buddies and then inside the mode additionally hit the one set of drop targets to finish.
An exception to this rule is the fight against Targaryan: There is only one set of dragons to kill in the world. So if one team finishes the first dragon, another team would start with the second dragon right away. While you must still gather your team, no additional counter shots against the other houses are required. However if one team defeats the last dragon, no other team can finish that mode (and hence no other team can get to the iron throne, as soon as someone is allied with Targaryan). This makes it both easier and hell of a lot riskier if you don't finish what you started; pure politics
Hand of the king still triggers if the first team finished 4 houses. However if another team gets a 5th house before the current hand does, they can become HOTK and restart the mode. If then another team gets their 6th house, they again can take this post.
Winter has come also is a world-event. So if a player of one team starts, but doesn't finish it, that same shot to start WHC is lit for other teams too, until someone does finish/get the final jackpot.
Due to the extra shots required all mode timers should be slightly extended for each other player in the game.
The game would need a new set of high scores for team play. While scoring should be per player, there could be a team play champion for each house, where the team scores are summed. This would allow 3 character high scores only and just concatenate the players initials.
This game mode would require no new sounds or dots and I'd imagine it would not be too complex to implement. It would add some new risk-reward gameplay, but also allow bad players to select team up as a house with an easier shot (finally a use for Lannister!) and get to the iron throne together. And it'd make our beloved GoT truly unique

Well done. Make. It. So.

#5576 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnyC:

Coming to GOT soon...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Robb Stark: "One time she told me the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant named 'Macumber'."

Bran Stark: "...maybe we do."

3 weeks later
#5593 5 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

Does the Targaryen house have a special ability? When you are playing Greyjoy and you complete Targaryen does it award a special ability?

I don’t think so.

These are old rules, but it’s mostly correct. 6493FE71-D267-45F1-8235-30A6E527D32F (resized).jpeg6493FE71-D267-45F1-8235-30A6E527D32F (resized).jpeg
BBAD42F2-A307-4EC2-B491-6564A212EE29 (resized).jpegBBAD42F2-A307-4EC2-B491-6564A212EE29 (resized).jpeg
3B590A51-306A-438E-852C-A61B6F502658 (resized).jpeg3B590A51-306A-438E-852C-A61B6F502658 (resized).jpegE046DFD2-73C2-4D36-92F8-AF4B7D0BA065 (resized).jpegE046DFD2-73C2-4D36-92F8-AF4B7D0BA065 (resized).jpeg83139A77-8F5E-4570-A612-91340BC1E96B (resized).jpeg83139A77-8F5E-4570-A612-91340BC1E96B (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#5596 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Thought I would try in this 'club' post . Anyone have any slingshot plastics for a pro they'd be willing to part with?

I saw your other post, it might be hard to find just the sling plastics, and buying a complete plastic set is crazy. To get by I’d suggest getting a clear plastic protector and crazy glue the pieces on top. It won’t be perfect, but better then nothing.

#5603 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My pleasure. I guess my GOT is now devoid of all value. The goodie bag is not complete nor is it still stapled to the inside of the game!
Gasp!!!
Haha

1 month later
#5672 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I noticed the ball never stays in the Iron Throne chair when the ball drops from the wireform into it, need to look into that. The ball just falls right out, I think the wire form above it might be misaligned

I have my wireform down low on the left, and up high on the right. This seem to slow the ball enough that it stays in the throne for me. Others use a small foam pad on the seat to cushion the drop.

#5679 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

How did you get iron bank add a ball? I have premium, never seen that. Only on pro?

Play as martell, once per ball and during multiball, you can push the action button to add a ball. Also you can get an add a ball reward from the pop bumpers.

If you use the add a ball to just before your second last ball drains, it will turn on the ball save and re-send all of the balls backout.

#5687 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check out my channel on YouTube. I have a playlist that’s a 5 part series covering every inch of the pro.

I can not give this enough thumbs up. Great work done well. Well worth the investment if you’re interested in learning more that this game has to offer

#5690 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Can the pro tutorials by Chuck be used for premium, for most part?

Yes. It's missing the upper play field rules, also a couple shots are different and the rules that go with them. The kickback shot special is moved to the right orbit, it now feeds the VUK to the throne/ upper Plainfield. The top lanes above the pop bumpers are coded differently. Its mostly the same though.

The pre/le has a known issue with the right orbit. The diverter that sends the ball to the VUK can be miss aligned and causes poor orbit shots from the left side. It's an easy fix that doesn't cost anything to repair.

1 month later
#5719 4 years ago

Thing are moving quickly now.

“We’re in the endgame now”. Wait. That’s the wrong franchise.

1 week later
#5736 4 years ago

The battle will be at night. So I’m going to turn up the brightness on my tv. I don’t want to miss anything

#5766 4 years ago

“One more code update a year after the show is finished.” I’ve been sayin that for a LONG time. Let’s give stern time to work with this new material before we chastise them for doing nothing with it.

#5767 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

And that episode ladies and gentlemen is why at the hands of JJP, game of thrones could have been absolutely jaw dropping incredible. What JJP Did with Hobbit sets an example of what they COULD have done with content this intense!! That battle as a wizard mode!? Jesus Christ I hope you have your heart meds on hand...

JJP COULD have also made a pile of shit, there’s no guarantee in greatness. It’s hard to make predictions, especially about the future, but I’m happy with the game I have now, and maybe some day it will get better.

2 weeks later
#5810 4 years ago

Mines been problem free also

2 weeks later
#5820 4 years ago

Is there an easy way to change sounds/callouts in GoT? I think I’d like to change the ball drain sound to “who taught you that shit?”

Here’s 5 minutes of the hounds best insults

1 month later
#5832 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

YO!! With heavy heart I regret to inform the group that I will be trading away my beloved PRO for good. It was a hell of a ride with that puppy, and loved playing the hell out of it. But all good things must come to an end.
HOWEVER: the game I am trading it for is going to be a GOT Premium!! Cannot wait to pick it up. I will have it by the end of this month. I might need to lean on some of the other owners to help with the left orbit fix when I get it. I assume nothing was done to this one.

Quoted from PinMonk:

and aside from the diverter gimping by Stern

That’s right, once you fix the left orbit shot, you’ll need to turn it back on in game options. I forget what option it is under, but instead of stern fixing the orbit they removed it in the code.

The idea is to move the bracket toward the front of the machine. You’ll need to drill out the bracket mounting holes so that it can move a bit.
E64F3B35-14D4-4844-B748-BF2BDF4A0301 (resized).jpegE64F3B35-14D4-4844-B748-BF2BDF4A0301 (resized).jpeg

When the adjustment is done the bracket should sit just past the edge of the playfield
DAB4654F-9909-476A-9606-146DC9A2FFB2 (resized).jpegDAB4654F-9909-476A-9606-146DC9A2FFB2 (resized).jpeg

91309E9F-B19C-48EE-BE0A-96B92ADA4AD4 (resized).jpeg91309E9F-B19C-48EE-BE0A-96B92ADA4AD4 (resized).jpeg
When your looking from the top down, the diverter need to line up perfectly or else the ball will get sent toward the tops of the inlanes. I’ve also changed the rubbers on the tops of the inlanes to allow more space. They haven’t been changed in this pic yet, but it’s an improvement you’ll probably want to do too.
7348B9AC-ACC4-4F9F-BCC9-1C75F86AAC57 (resized).jpeg7348B9AC-ACC4-4F9F-BCC9-1C75F86AAC57 (resized).jpeg

#5835 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is this pic after you made the adjustment?[quoted image]

Yes. That’s reinstalled after the fix.

#5899 4 years ago

I have never doubted that we would get finished code. I’ve been saying it for years, just check my post history. This is outstanding news for an outstanding game. I can’t wait. I bought a premium day one and it’s bolted to the floor.

#5905 4 years ago

It will be really interesting to see if Stern took any of our suggestions and implemented them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-bugs-and-code-wishlist

#5909 4 years ago

Question for ya @chuckwurt

You mentioned that castle multiball will look totally different. What about the iron throne?

Reason for asking is that I have not played with the glass off. So I’ve yet to see iron throne and castle multiball. I think I’ve seen everything else in the current code. I want to take off the glass and try castle multiball before the code switch, just to try it out.

I’m going to assume if the iron throne is different, then the “victory laps” have changed also? I’ve read about this, but haven’t got there yet either. Although if the games ending has remained kinda similar, then I want to wait until I experience it through gameplay.

#5921 4 years ago

Could we be getting an adult mode? I doubt it, but like love to hear the hound yelling about eating every fucking chicken in this place.

#5923 4 years ago

Is this making the trending rounds on social media today? My buddy just texted me this a couple hours ago. Hilarious.

Weiner, weiner. Weiner party. Weiner, weiner.

#5934 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I hope that they have changed the music. It's nice to have the theme song in the game, but those few bars just repeating over and over and over and over all throughout the game drives me up a wall. Let's have a little variety. As it is I have the music off.

Yeah. The show had lots of memorable music.

#5959 4 years ago

I only caught the last 15 min or so, but it looked better

#6050 4 years ago

wow. I love the new playfield lightshow. Pre/LE with the whole playfield full of colour changing lights is pretty amazing. I was impressed before, but man is it better now.

#6059 4 years ago

Here I am chopping wood. I don’t know why the upload quality is so poor. I get the houses lit, but couldn’t hit anything tonight.

Of course the lights look better with the eye then through the camera

#6108 4 years ago

I’m loving the new code. Just had this happen.

Usually I play martell for the add-a-ball in multiball feature, but lately I’ve been trying everything again. I was playing as Targaryen, in blackwater multiball with Lannister and stark modes running. I had a simuldranious event on my 3rd and 2nd last ball. (Killing multiball usually) normally I would smack the lockdown button to add-a-ball, restart the ball save and continue with multiball.

Instinctively I smacked the button same as usual, but Targaryen freezes timers. So, I was down to one ball in play, but blackwater multiball was STILL active. I was even able to smack the super jackpot and take out a couple Lannister shots before it stopped the modes. Love it.

#6110 4 years ago

Also rocked though castle multiball for the first time. That’s pretty great for a shitty player like me to get, just couldn’t hook it up in a game before for some reason.

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like it froze the grace period. Not sure that’s intended.

Ya, I didn’t know if it was planned, but Targaryen might freeze ALL timers, and keep blackwater going even if your down to one ball.

Call it a feature or a bug, I don’t care, it was fun.

#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Is castle multiball brand new? Don't recall that from before...

Only on pre/le, on the upper play field. And its changed from before (from what I hear).

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I now see what the premium and LE owners were saying about the light intensity.

It’s like watching a psychedelic rock show through Christmas light glasses. I love it.

#6138 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be absolutely certain you’re on new code

Ya I really don’t think the code updated correctly.

#6160 4 years ago

I’ve had a couple people ask me over the years where I got the swords that I use to block the light from these 3 GI LED’s. Originally they were some cheap plastic dollar store find.
5125AEC7-A708-451A-918C-3142F3969D88 (resized).jpeg5125AEC7-A708-451A-918C-3142F3969D88 (resized).jpeg3ACBA389-2489-4305-8E1B-DFBDA52C0B80 (resized).jpeg3ACBA389-2489-4305-8E1B-DFBDA52C0B80 (resized).jpeg

Next I found some nice Letter openers that worked well, but, NERD ALERT!!! They were swords from lord of the rings. Most people wouldn’t notice, but I knew.
1D3D378E-A542-43A3-9966-74678410AF8E (resized).jpeg1D3D378E-A542-43A3-9966-74678410AF8E (resized).jpeg

But with the new code release the other day I decided to look again. Low and behold I found these guys on eBay.
55E8F76B-98BA-449A-9D2D-381FABE75264 (resized).jpeg55E8F76B-98BA-449A-9D2D-381FABE75264 (resized).jpegEB18C0B1-BD34-4D65-A13D-9B5E7BA52AB7 (resized).jpegEB18C0B1-BD34-4D65-A13D-9B5E7BA52AB7 (resized).jpeg

The perfect size and great quality
463663E1-7AF8-4CCF-871D-2233797D3C2C (resized).jpeg463663E1-7AF8-4CCF-871D-2233797D3C2C (resized).jpegB867C181-C7ED-4585-BDF7-56626F788FD6 (resized).jpegB867C181-C7ED-4585-BDF7-56626F788FD6 (resized).jpeg

#6163 4 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So quick question. GOT is the first game I’ve owned where live code updates are a thing. I’ve noticed a handful of bugs that never happened prior on my pro machine.
Is there a place to report these to stern?
I’m sure there’s a few more but here are some to top my mind:
Timing of the ball locks appears to be off. I’ve had it happen lots where I shoot the Targaryen shot when mystery or something that should hold the ball is lit and the stop is late and the ball is still in play. Even had it happen once where the video mode started and the only thing that saved me was as it came down I put it in the multiball lock the first flip so it held it there till the mode finished.
Another timing issue is the multiball lock. I’ve started modes and it’s late closing so 2 balls get released.
Another weird one is starting stark mode I’ve had it happen lots where the first hit on the starks scores the second the ball is released to start the mode.
I find either the volume or the mix is off on most of the new audio drops too. I know they’re new because they’re different but they’re either too quiet to make out what they’re actually saying over the music or they have no bass in the clip and are difficult to make out over music.
1 other issue is likely more related to color dmd. But since the code update the clip that starts multiball where the arrow is shot in to the blackwater is no longer in color.
I’m sure there is a few more I can’t remember but they’re just little bugs that had never happened to me prior to this update.
Anyone else notice this? Any avenue to communicate with stern on this?

I’m going to assume this is a pro, with code 1.36? Did you update to 1.37 yesterday?

- on Pre/LE the mystery shot can now be sent to the upper playfield instead of the throne (where it occasionally falls out) so that you can have time for the video mode Ect. I don’t know how the pro handles this.

- I have noticed 2 balls release from the sword lock on code 1.36. I played 3 games on 1.37 with no issues yet.

- I haven’t noticed audio issues, (could just be personal preference) but there are adjustments for voice and music attenuation, as well treble and bass levels.

- I read that stern gave the colorDMD guys the code early, I’m sure their working on all the new and different content.

-

#6170 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I noticed version 1.37 didnt reset any scores, was that the same for all of you guys? Thanks! I know I can reset them myself but I just wanted to check if I installed it correctly.

That was a feature added in 1.36.

1 week later
#6189 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Funnier story ... I’ve owned my GOT from day one, and I’ve never seen it.
And I’m ok with that.
rd

I changed my clock so they it happens at 9pm

1 week later
#6198 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Funny you say that just now, I started updating the ones I use yesterday. The originals are not my work (someone posted them in here), I just replaced the House sigils and text next to them (and fixed some typos long ago). For private use at you own discretion only.
Framed with cut marks for a 10x15cm / 4"x6" print.[quoted image]

Could that be enlarged and spread across two cards? One for the houses. One for the rules.

I dont need a price card at home, and I dont need one of the cards to be tha game logo.

#6203 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

1.37 Code observation:
Initially, I didn't like that choosing Targaryen would fully beat the house -- that takes away a huge part of the challenge of having to defeat all three dragons.
So, I changed my settings to defeat just the first two.
Trouble is, with this setting, when you choose Targaryen it automatically awards you 60M right off the bat for "defeating" the first two dragons. Then, when you start the fight against Drogon, the values are very high. Within moments of starting my first ball I was already up over 300M. A few people who visited to play casually had trouble reaching 50M ... yet if I'm set up this way, all they have to do is choose Targaryen and they START at 60M.
When it's set to complete the house, you don't get any of these extra points -- it's just fully completed (and Swords activates). (I didn't try it set up for defeat 1 dragon, I presume it would work similarly to 2). I wonder if the next update could fix this -- NOT award the points for (not) "defeating" the dragons that I skipped, and/or scaling back the Drogon fight values?

Good catch. I’d classify that as a bug.

#6209 4 years ago

Think I found a bug here. I’m playing martell ball 1, on player 3, of a 4 player game. Player 2 has a ball Locked on the sword. I go to lock my first ball and it immediately started my martell mode, I didn’t have the option to pass.

#6212 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The auto start of a mode when shooting the center ramp is present in certain circumstances

I thought it might have something to do with the timer counting down during the animation.

1 week later
#6222 4 years ago

I don’t know cuz I have a Pre.

Could it be the steel lane guides? Do they have any wiggle room? Moving something 1/8” up top could change the ball path enough to redirect the ball properly away from the drain.

I had to bend the far right outside guide under where the shooter lane drops the ball in. My right orbit shots were getting air off the guide when they rode the wall around. A little bend to get it inline and it works fine now.

1 week later
#6250 4 years ago

Just to keep this info close together in the thread.

The orbit fix is an easy one to do. Stern could have fixed it with a service notice. Like stated above the diverter is placed incorrectly on Pre/LE games. You need to move the diverter toward the front of the playfield by about 1/8”.
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpegD5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

The best way to do this is to enlarge the mounting holes on the diverter bracket to allow the space needed.
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpegCFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg

When you reinstall the guide make sure to get it as Close to the front of the game as possible. It should look like this when finished.
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#6297 4 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

BTW just added a color dmd to my got pro and have been playing it non stop. What a fantastic upgrade had the red screen almost 3 years and now my eyes are wide open.

Yup, I had a friend over the other day, the first thing he said after I turned on the game was “l can’t believe that it didn’t come with that colour screen”.

By far the best mod for this game.

#6305 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For the two ball thing, do you mean the sword lock is letting two balls out instead of one when it shouldn't? If so, maybe the post is sticking or sluggish. Check that it moves freely by hand.

As far as I know, everyone is having issues with 2 balls in play when not in multiball since the last code release.

The sword lock will let a second ball out occasionally

6 months later
#6400 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

GoT LE; Wonder if anyone has experience the flippers going dead during certain multi-balls. It does not happen all the time, but in particular when in castle and winter multi-ball. They do come back to work after a short time. Is this lack of response by the flippers part of the game design, or is this a board issue? I checked all connectors and they are OK.

I think it’s a game feature not an issue. During winter has come multiball if you don’t hit shots in time the left flipper will stop for like 2 seconds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.