Topic Stats

• 6,344 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 774 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GOT twitch event (resized).jpg
gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Flow, flow, flow.
We already have tons of pinballs where the ball returns the flipper on nearly every shot. It's just not that interesting anymore. I'm glad Steve Ritchie is trying other things.
And if you don't agree with me it looks like you're in luck with the Pro, and you save money!
I'm just saying, Star Trek was a super smooth flowing game with tons of flipper return shots. Let the man break out into other things. He was once known for upper playfields you know.

JT went outside the square with WWE and that game gets a flogging at every turn. Don't blame SR and JB for sticking to known formulas. Moreover they probably have been given a clear directive not to stray too far. The upper pf for Ritchie is nothing too daring imo.

#90 4 years ago

Back on topic..... I have a pro arriving in early December

#141 4 years ago

Most lighting on new spike games including flashers are on rgb boards so its harder to mod or change

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

My post clearly indicates I like bright lighting effects and it happens add to the challenge IMO. Plain and simple. Seems like I hit a sore spot with you.

Im a fan of bright lighting too. Clearly SR is

1 week later
#171 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

my pro will be here in 2 weeks, man i can't wait.

Have you played it bob? Tell us your thoughts as im going in blind. 4 weeks till i get mine.

#183 4 years ago

Great to hear the people happy with their purchases.
I have one on order but a couple of things a few guys have said has got me a little hesitant.

1. The right orbit rejects a lot and bounces around a bit due to width and shape of the inner right guide rail?

2. The sword of multiball lets out more than 1 ball into play when it shouldnt?

Anyone see any of those issues?

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think the issue with the right orbit might not be the guide rail, but the height at which the right gate is mounted. It's barely high enough to let the ball through with absolutely zero room to spare. It should be mounted about 2mm higher - well mine should have been. It's an issue sometimes, but not all the time.
I only had the sword let out 2 balls by accident once out of about 30 games. I would consider that a non issue. Mechanically, the ball lock is pretty sound in design and function. It's pinball, the ball is wild, shit happens!
Why hesitate and miss out? If you want one, buy one and have fun with it! No game is ever absolutely perfect in design. Any minor tweaks the game may need is far outweighed by how much fun the game is to play. This is the best, most complete release Stern has had in a long time. Or you can go buy KISS and keep waiting for code for that game.
Rob

Thanks rob. Thats a big help. Maybe it is possible to raise the Gate? Not much to tweak then. I spent 2 days tweaking my avengers before it was playable
I do have a kiss and its a fun game. Lots of things need coding in still on that title. Its a 2 multiball game at the moment.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think removing the rear upright playfield panel may be required to properly adjust the gate(s). There's 4 wood screws and 2 machine screws, but I'm not sure what else is needed to remove it at the moment.
I liked the initial code release for KISS, but the stigma (more like reality) of Lonnie programming it quickly caught up. Months of waiting and there were only a few minor updates released. It got boring real fast.
Rob

I've owned a pro and premium ST and Ropp stuffed that game imo. If Dwight wasn't on it the game would have been completey stuffed. Great layout crap code. I'll wager Steve Richie specifically asked that he not work with Ropp on his next title.

Does GoT take 4 or 6 balls? KISS has 6 but with good old Lonnie on the case I don't think we'll see that being used for a while.

3 weeks later
#525 4 years ago

When you get the ball back from lord of light (in essence be reanimated like the show) half points for 30 secs or something would be cool as you would "feel a little less" after coming back like they say in the show. Thanks fatbeer for the idea

#527 4 years ago

Twd is close to a masterpiece largely due to the borg/lyman combo. Kiss however with lonnie leading the code i think will fizzle out like st did. Got is already heads and tails better than kiss gameplay and shots.

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hmmm and I read that as ...
Lyman
Lyman
Lyman
Lyman
He's killing it.

Well it might be time to give Ropp the chop if KISS goes the way of the woodchoppers too with next to zero innovation code wise.

2 weeks later
#612 4 years ago

Maybe Joe at Laseriffic has something in the works

#692 4 years ago

Is it just me or is got pro faster than ST?

#694 4 years ago

Possibly. It's just it feels like the backhands are better on got and kickback is closer. Maybe just because it's new

#726 4 years ago

It does feel easier to get to hotk etc which is somewhat intentional. I think its just good coding and rules. The game progress never feels tedious and disjointed.

By the time i get to km on st im already semi bored and ready to turn the game off even with gold medals and 2x running.which is a shame asits such a good sr shooter

#764 4 years ago

Any word on the official stern toppers?

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I've been playing with my sound settings. Right now I'm at...
Music attwnuation: +3
Speech attenuation: +21
Bass: 100
Treble: 75
What this does is level out the loud call outs but also raises the overall sound effects a few notches like the battering ram hits, jackpots, etc... Intensifying the overall feel of shots and progression.
Would like to hear other thoughts and sound levels. Mine is stock speakers with external sub.

Good to see others ideas on sound. I have upgraded internal and external sub. I put up bass to 100. Only diff is I've found not to plus speech attenuation too much 10 max, but that's just me

1 week later
#966 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So question I've been meaning to ask. Battering Ram: do you guys have issues gettingit to register with the left flipper? Seems my right flipper works fine for the most part on it, but left flipper shots hardly register. Wonder if this is by design or not but doesn't seem so. Would be nice to get consistent hits on both flippers. I may have to dig into the mech and see what can be done, but kinda waiting on mezels ram mod before doing so.

I think it's more design. Has to be a dead on hit with good speed from the left flipper.

#1065 4 years ago

When you get to hand of the king the house bonuses you have completed come up too fast. Is there also penalties? Last night I thought it said all shots need to be completed twice, I was on Martel I think

#1072 4 years ago

My biggest scores are from Tyrell. Has to be the inlane x. Greyjoy second. Have started with Lannister lately just to see what happens. Hard for this game to get boring as you can approach it so many different ways

3 weeks later
#1491 4 years ago

The 'just have to press start again' feel of this game reminds of IM however I think this is a lot better code and player.

#1609 4 years ago

Is there a positive to picking Lannister? Better mystery options to spend gold? I just like trying all the houses to mix it up. Great to have all this choice of strategy

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

With the playfield artwork, the big cons is the quality of the playfield, 2 or 3 months of use and it is already all lumpy (i don't know If it s the Right word). It's a recurrent problem. Either as soon as you receive the machine nib and you ought to clearcoat the playfield without a single game either you order a new spare playfield. It s a shame imo.
Where to order new playfield?

Steel ball vs timber. The ball tends to win every time.

#1617 4 years ago

I think they could clearcoated them much more.

Even next to WOZ the clear coat on got is exceptional

#1676 4 years ago

This is a pinside user rate 2/10 and his comment that i respect but he does not have played it imho:
Horrid. Typical basic stern. Looks and feels cheap. Good theme wasted imo.

GoT is one on Sterns very much best pins. You is wrong

1 week later
#1860 4 years ago

Selling st to upgrade to a premium or just to get a got is a no brainer. I just turn st off after getting to km. GoT coding is everything st tried to do but failed for the most part.

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The other day I cashed out IB with a 5x playfield multiplier going and I still only got about 2 million points. I don't think I have ever got above 4 million for it.
Rob

I got 16mil the other day but that's most I've ever got by far

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I am quite happy with my Premium

I really do like my Premium. I got Scott's alternate translite, but did not hate the stock translite. LE & Premium are essentially the exact same game from a play perspective.
- I prefer the blue/winter theme of the Premium playfield over the yellow/desert theme of the LE. (winter is coming, you know
- I prefer the side art of the LE - those dragons are just awesome! But, the Premium's side art is not terrible. When properly tucked-in I never see the side art anyway
- I added lollipop armor for $60 (vs $279 from Stern), also not so visible when tucked in.
- I added a shaker motor, which is pretty awesome
I could not really justify the cost differential between the LE and Premium. I guess a matter of taste how important for you.
Good luck!

2-27-2016_12-42-33_PM_(resized).png

Fantastic purchase. Congrats. The shaker is a must on this game. Each to their own but to me that alt translite just doesn't fit the rest of the prem pin art, but that's just my humble observation.

2 weeks later
#2192 4 years ago

My levelling is pretty spot on and i have less rejects to the center ramp off the left than the right some games. The shot doesn't feel as sweet as the the right flipper but definitely equal rejects usually

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

True.....the funny thing is I like GOT and ST more that MET and TWD......and AC/DC (which would be last in this list of games for me). I'm glad Dwight is doing GB.

With the exception of TWD I agree. I'd much prefer to hit the start on got than met or acdc. The coding is just so well done on this game. Always a different way to tackle it.

1 week later
#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

where did you buy these plastic protectors from?

Dont do it! They look shite.

3 months later
#3369 3 years ago

I'd like to see some type of random award spinning wheel for the spinner, improved prizes with Baratheon. Simple but so are the bumpers... Very simple but a great change up.

5 months later
#4029 3 years ago

What's the best method/fix to get the ram registering better on the pro?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside