371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hougie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1657 8 years ago

I need to try the Pro. I spent 2.5 - 3hrs on an LE at Zanzabar yesterday and I'm in love. I'm just trying to decide what I would/should sell to get one.

#1661 8 years ago

BSD and Space Station are the only two I could sell to get near the mark but I will still have a way to go to afford a pro. Decisions, decisions.

#1662 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Literally come by anytime you want to try mine out to help you decide.

See you at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow night.

#1691 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do you think a new playfield with clear coates added will change nothing? I would still have dimples?

Yes, you will still have dimples. My wife thinks mine are cute.

#1711 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This has to be high in the running for worst game ever when completing 5 houses,2 EB, two BWMBs, WHC MB, HOTK, and BFTW MB. Haha. Wow. image_(resized).jpeg

Man, that translite looks good...what were you saying, Chuck?

#1722 8 years ago

So I may trade a really nice BSD toward a GOT Pro. I have a potential deal in place.

I loved the rules and I think that I would love the flow of the Pro table. What do you guys think? Unfaded BSDs aren't a dime a dozen but I really dig Game of Thrones..

#1774 8 years ago

Ok, I'm pulling the trigger. I'm going to trade Trent my Drac and get my Game of Thrones on. Going Pro on this one.

#1798 8 years ago

This is the first time I have ordered a "mod" before receiving a game. I have that awesome translight paid for!

BTW, the code bug/request thread has a lot of "LOL" going on right now.... those guys have a weird sense of humor.

#1808 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was thinking of gold side mirrors. Whoa baby. That might put this guy over the top! haha

I love the gold mirrors in LOTR. They would look great with the Pro or LE.

1 week later
#1940 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

...pantyraid,etc are great too.

Crap, I was going to form a boyband and use that name. Back to square one.

#1942 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Btw, I don't know what the hell I've been doing, but my GOT have been merciless recently. God it's been kicking my ass. Can't get anything going. Flipped the bird to my game more than once tonight. Haha.

Sounds like Drac and Centaur as of late. I need to play Met or LOTR to build my confidence back up.

#1965 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I love green eggs and ham lol

image_(resized).jpeg

Are you calling my woman ham? Watch your forked tongue.

#1996 8 years ago

I picked up my Pro tonight. Man, I love this game! I got to HOTK and Targaryen but sucked.

IMG_20160302_232424266_(resized).jpgIMG_20160302_232424266_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160302_231322985_(resized).jpgIMG_20160302_231322985_(resized).jpg

#2018 8 years ago

I just did it! Broke a billion. Small victories, folks.

IMG_20160306_223529230_(resized).jpgIMG_20160306_223529230_(resized).jpg

#2028 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I have tried both Pro and Premium before and actually think the pro is the better, at least for me.
Just a question, we played a lot of 4-player games, and several times the game fucked up the ball lock and released two balls into play during single-ball/mode play.
I know this has happened on avengers which has sortof the same base lock mechanism.
Is this a usual flaw with Stern games using this type of lock? Can something be done, is it a code bug or just a physical confusion?
got_(resized).jpg

I have had this happen a few times. I assume it's a physical issue. The rips up that ramp pretty quickly.

#2029 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is this the unofficial GOT Pro club? I'm deciding between this and POTC. I feel like GOT is the deeper game, but POTC is the more forgiving game. Anyone have an opinion that gives perspective from non-pinhead folks?

I really like POTC but it can be a bit easy, IMO. I think GOT is definitely the superior game.

#2045 8 years ago

PBL is running a killer sale right now if you need a Rev C Shaker.

#2081 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's a bug (I believe) that has always been there. What happens is that a hard shot to the lock causes the ball to bounce back further from the switches. When the ball is off the switches too long, it is not held in the lock.
Rob

I wonder if a thin strip of foam or rubber on the back of the sword would help?

1 week later
#2143 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Been having a lot of double balls being ejected into the shooter lane lately. I re-seated both opto connectors and still does it every once in a while. Also was in BW multiball and after I drained all of the extra balls with one still in play it thought I was still in multiball. WTF, looked for a stuck ball in the loops or bumpers and ended up being a ball in the shooter that never got plunged during multiball. Weird, I think there are still a lot of bugs that need to be addressed. Anybody else experiencing this?

Could be cracked solder joints on your optos.

#2147 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So I just heat up the solder joints so they re-flow solidly?

Yes. Do you have some soldering experience?

#2149 8 years ago

Had my personal best score tonight. I was crushing the super jackpots in BWMB with 4x running. I'm still totally in the honeymoon phase but I'm so glad that I have this game. GOT definitely kicks ass!

IMG_20160316_210503203_(resized).jpgIMG_20160316_210503203_(resized).jpg

#2244 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

What are the best option for getting a speaker grill design for game of thrones?

If you are referring to cutouts look up modfather. I bought his dragon inserts and really like them.

#2262 8 years ago

I was getting pretty frustrated with my battering ram registering from the left flipper. Maybe one in ten shots, not kidding.

I took a look at the mech and added a couple of drops of oil to the track and crushed it for my best GC yet!!

IMG_20160323_143545299_(resized).jpgIMG_20160323_143545299_(resized).jpg

#2264 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can you show where you added the oil to? Can you just lift the playfield and maybe use a Q-Tip to dab some on the underneath side of that mechanism? I thought I saw some pictures somewhere in this thread...Thanks!

Yes. I took a q-tip with a little 3 in 1 oil and applied it to the sides of the track. The left flipper hits register WAY more often.

#2277 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also am I the only one that thinks it's pretty important to have you max multipliers available going into your first multiball? My BW MB totals have climbed from 200 million to close to a billion because of this.

I started Martell, next were Greyjoy and Stark, and went into BWMB with Lannister and Tyrell. My score came from BWMB I looked down just before super jackpots and was running 5x. I was crushing SJs.

#2338 8 years ago

Here's my sign that Thrones is taking all of my time and I'm neglecting my other pins. I smack a bare lockdown bar every time the ball drains on my other games and I tried turning on Spider-man this morning by reaching under the right side of the backbox I'd love to kick whomever thought that change up right in the balls.
That said, I can't get enough of this game!

#2341 8 years ago
Quoted from cjrfinearts:

Just ordered my GOT premium. Cant wait!

Congrats! It's a great game. I'm sure you will love it! Congrats on your AFM sale, also!

#2388 8 years ago

Out of the pops mine hits the sling also. Mine is dead level and at about 6.8 degrees. I have to give the game a pretty good shove to get the ball to catch on the right flipper.

#2429 8 years ago

I pulled off the fabled "super stack" tonight and laid down my best GC score to date. I'm not even kidding, I had to relight my WIC on the center ramp three times before I could hit the dragon shot. I kept my cool (even though I wanted to break something...) What a rush!! I love how I'm constantly learning new ways to tackle this beast.

P.S. I don't know if the Dragon's Milk helped or hurt the cause... I'm going with helped

IMG_20160402_230536356_(resized).jpgIMG_20160402_230536356_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160402_231027619_(resized).jpgIMG_20160402_231027619_(resized).jpg

#2430 8 years ago

New Holland - Dragon's Milk
The brew of choice when playing
Stern - Game of Thrones

#2433 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I put together a nice Wall+WIC stack last night and pulled out under 200m for both combined...so umm....yeah.

I'm telling you, it's the beer. ...well, the second half wasn't so helpful..

1 week later
#2621 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for that! Titan didn't have that list last time I checked the site. And it did match up to sterns online manual.

I put that one together. I need to change the ring behind the drops. I think Stern had 1 3/4" and the game had a 2" on there. I'll change that this morning.

#2627 8 years ago

The smaller one worked but it is tight.

#2629 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Anyone know if titan is putting rubber placement chart with the kits they send out?

No, they do not. I just pull them off and replace one at a time.

1 week later
#2725 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'll probably post all this info in the Titan thread but....
I finished with my Titan order and replacement. Here's what I have to report. There's an extra 7/16" rubber not mentioned in the manual or Titan list. It's on the left side just below the drops, above the left outlane. So total quantity of 7/16" = 2
The 1 1/2" rubber behind the drops works perfect.
That said, I decided to go with red for my GOT PRO and they look great! I went with all whites for the rubbers in the pops area; for these, I wish I went with translucent, but the whites are fine.
EDIT: oh, I got some Titan flipper rubber too but I did not like them at all!!! I hate super bands too btw. I then went with standard red but it just didn't shoot as good as the factory black. So I stuck to black.
Here's pics of the red Titans installed:
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Fixed the 7/16 ID count. Thanks!

#2758 8 years ago

Our internet was down during season 6 ep. 1 so I decided to throw down a few games. Beat Targaryen for the first time, played HOTK, WHC, Wall MB, etc..and put up a great score. Make lemonade is what they say.

IMG_20160424_222606583_(resized).jpgIMG_20160424_222606583_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#2829 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Second episode of the season was amazing bump!

Agreed! It was one of the best episodes of the whole series, IMO.

#2836 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

When Tyrion said "That's what I do. I drink and I know things" I about fell out of my chair laughing!

Man, spoiler alert!! So Tyrion is not dead yet?

#2841 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No spoilers here. I think you mean Tywin.

No, I was being silly.

#2911 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Will B/w blades work on a stern?

No, they haven't in my experience. I bought a set and they accidentally sent W/B and they were not cut the same.

Gold blades made a huge difference in my LOTR. I love how they look.

#2927 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hmmm, I've had Pinball Life's spike shaker in my pro since day one with no issues.

Same here. I think it was $99 also.

#2951 7 years ago

I waited for a sale and jumped on it. I think mine were around $125

#2955 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$200 is f-ing crazy.
That's why I bought mine during a 1/2 off Black Friday sale.

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure mine were a Black Friday special also.

#2970 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Ok now I have a dumb question..On other GoT it always starts "Choose your House" to begin....I have latest code but mine just starts off with winter is coming and no house to choose...What am I missing ?

Turn casual mode off.

1 week later
#3080 7 years ago

I'm going to go get some Dragon's Milk before I play against you guys.

3 weeks later
#3219 7 years ago

I have to drink one for my homie Game of Thrones. What's a guy gonna do when the ultra hot ex-girlfriend calls and she's hotter than before? .... this Dragon's Milk is for you GOT!

IMG_20160617_203329198_(resized).jpgIMG_20160617_203329198_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#3275 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My favorite 2 houses to play are Stark + Tyrell.
Here's my typical strategy for tyrell and even all houses, but things can and do change and I also sometimes Change things up; but overall here's a typical strategy:
1. Get LOL lit.
2. Anytime lock is lit, I lock a ball. Except for lock 3. Tip: it's safer to rebound the Baratheon drops into the light lock targets than just straight up hitting the light lock targets.
3. With LOL lit, I try to get 4 house modes ready. So I pass anytime I make the center ramp. I typically go for Baratheon first, Greyjoy 2nd. Lannister comes on its own. Then I'll either light stark or start BWMB.
EDIT: if I do drain and use LOL, I'll stop going for baratheoon, get Greyjoy and start multiball with either lannister, tyrell, or Greyjoy. I've gotten really good at doing Greyjoy and stark in single ball play that I hardly use those during multiball.
4. Start BWMB + stack with 2 modes. Do your best to get one of those modes completed so you can collect a sword.
5. At the start of BWMB, I aim straight for the ram to get 2X going, then I focus on the multiball and modes.
6. Here's a biggy for big scores: practice how to keep an eye on your pf multiplier and learn the timing of when it ends, you have a 2 second grace period to hit the ram and restart it. So when you see the timer about to end you can prepare for it by gaining ball control.
7. After multiball, I'll decide whether I should go for some WICs, or start and quickly finish the mode(s) I had going in BWMB. All while keeping an eye on my pf muktiplier and refreshing it as needed.
8. If I'm going for a WHC + BFW super stack, then I'll continue to get 3 of the 4 WICs for that setup.
9. Otherwise, I'll work on my last 2 modes to light HOTK.
10. HOTK: start off by getting your pf multiplier going, then play out the multiball while refreshing the multipliers.
11. Decide if you want to bring 2 houses into BFW and go for the iron throne or go for the BFW + WHC super stack.
Other tips:
- In a typical 'good' game I'll get 2 BWMBs and 1 BFW multiball. So that's 3 separate times you can bring 2 modes into a multiball
- the game thrives on multipliers. If you're not getting combos, you're leaving points on the table. Learn to keep an eye on the combo arrows and hit them if they stack with another shot like a mode or multiball hit. Not only that but go for a combo especially if you're focused on getting good WIC values; instead of a straight shot to the left orbit, maybe go right ramp - center ramp - left orbit. Dragon kickback shot is very lucrative and bumps the combo multiplier for all shots, even the dragon. So while dangerouse, you can essentially hit the dragon to start a WIC, then hit the dragon to collect it with a combo multiplier.
Some of this might be a little too much but bottom line is keep hitting the combo arrows (especially in multiballs ) and keep refreshing your pf multiplier when time runs out.
edit: I should mention that I hardly ever go for the dragon WIC. But, ending a combo for modes or multiball shots into the dragon kick back can be very rewarding points wise. Knowing If you have mystery lit or eb lit is also helpful to end a mode into the dragon as it will hold the ball and become a safer shot.

Nice write-up!

1 year later
#4776 6 years ago

I'm happy to announce that I am back in the club! I'm not sorry that I traded my first one to get Tron back but I'm elated to have GOT back in the stable. I suck at it now but I was able to stack WIC and BFW a minute ago... what a rush! Got GOT? Yes. Yes, I do.

IMG_20170912_215027836 (resized).jpgIMG_20170912_215027836 (resized).jpg

#4780 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh, and I still don't give Dwight a pass on code. Awesome ruleset, but code needs a lot of polish. It would be such a delight if he could revisit it.

I totally agree. That was one of my beefs before. It really needs some fanfare when you complete objectives. Something epic should happen with the sound and lights when finishing the major multiballs and modes.

Maybe Dwight could consult Chris Granner and polish it up. Chris is the freaking best. WH20, Whirlwind, FishTales, LOTR, to name a few. Amazing sound in those pins. I really believe that could make this pin over the top "Bad Ass".

#4781 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This group just got a lot classier. Welcome back Hougie!!

Aww shucks, Chuck. You're making me blush.

3 months later
#5107 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Love this stuff. With the tiny straw it's fairly easy to reach any spot and put just a small amount. Even with a very small amount, I like to blot up any excess with a dry wipe.

Tri flow is excellent also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hougie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=hougie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.