371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

Had the pleasure of jamming a pretty epic 4 player game on the LE. Started strong and then got spanked by ALL 3 other players! LOL.

I was pleasantly surprised with the flow of the PRO version and believe it or not was actually worried that the flow on the LE might not be as good with the mini playfield. Nothing to worry about in that department. There are several hidden diverters that keep the ball moving quickly and you're not "always" in the mini-pf like I thought you might be (a-la Wrestlemania). When you do hit the mini-pf it has several shots that take you back down to the main playfield so you don't spend too much time up there. All in all I thought it was a fun balanced game with a DEEP strategy / rule-set that will take players awhile to learn (hence the 5 page strategy guide PDF Stern released). Dwight did a great job with the ruleset!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is interesting. Was it smooth as if it were just a ramp in this case like say the left ramp on Elvis? The mini pf on Elvis is pretty genius where if you don't flipper you can't even tell it's not a regular ramp.

I was actually just coming here to say this. Jumps in and out of that mini-pf pretty quickly. Sometimes it happened so fast I didn't even realize the ball was in the mini-pf. I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on LE so you'll just have to come down and play it to make up your own mind

Quoted from Gexchange:

Ha I'm Taking notes on Fattrains Skills with the Ladies! Look at how smooth he is! Go Train!

LOL, about as smooth as sandpaper but we definitely had a blast at that party (and all of expo!)

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

1.10 code is out now too - Dwight is doing a lot of cool stuff on this - was fun seeing you blow up GoT at Expo MKY!

Dude you too!!! It was fun watching both you and Monkey dominate the tourney!!! Can't wait to check out the footage with commentary online

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Also -- what happened to the lazy gradient shield, is that out of the LE, and still part of the pro? I can't unsee that thing.
-mof

They changed it to chainmaille on the LE/Prem that they didn't unveil until the actual launch party at Expo. The new artwork looked good (but I didn't think the gradient looked bad on the pro either so whatev).

I was told that they changed the artwork (and added throne on the pro) due to customer demand / opinion. It was clearly too late to change the artwork on the pro so that is the way it is, and will be (with the silver gradient). However, IMO, you won't even notice the gradient because if you take your eye off the ball for a second you'll drain. It is a very "in your face" and fast game! Come over and play my LE in a month

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

The GOT I played at EXPO reset on me, I just landed the ball to start Multiball wherever the hell that was. It was the only game I played of GOT during the weekend so I don't remember much about it except that she crashed

You're absolutely right. The one in the hallway on dollar play definitely reset on us once or twice (when we activated a certain mode in the game). We talked with a Stern tech they had sent out who said it was game code related (NOT hardware / solenoid / low 5v e.t.c) and was updating the code. After that it worked fine with no resets as I recall.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So how are the ball trough proximity boards working out with the spike system. I haven't noticed any issues with TWD on location. But with the older Stern systems false drains, where the ball was in play but the game thought it drained to the trough, were extremely common and annoying as hell.

Thanks for the reminder. It's about time to go re-flow the solder on my Tron trough optos

3 weeks later
#367 8 years ago

I have to agree. In pics it looked hideous but in person I had absolutely no problem with the art package and thought it looked and played great. (both pro & le)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=fattrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.