Topic Stats

• 6,321 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 772 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2025 3 years ago

I quite abruptly became a member of this club, bought GoT Pro of a friend and got it delivered yesterday, to my wife's shock and awe (she didnt suspect anything, just thought it was wierd so many friends came over unannounced before arrival).

I have tried both Pro and Premium before and actually think the pro is the better, at least for me.
Just a question, we played a lot of 4-player games, and several times the game fucked up the ball lock and released two balls into play during single-ball/mode play.
I know this has happened on avengers which has sortof the same base lock mechanism.

Is this a usual flaw with Stern games using this type of lock? Can something be done, is it a code bug or just a physical confusion?

got_(resized).jpg

#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I have had this happen a few times. I assume it's a physical issue. The rips up that ramp pretty quickly.

yeah I suspect it might be soemthing pure physical, at least partly. Cause when one of the balls drain, the game is not over so it seems to keep control of it.

#2052 3 years ago

As a new owner of a GoT Pro, is there a certain amount of protectors I should buy first, for optimal protection of playfield etc? Dunno if it exists a list somewhere, but there are quite many pages to read through in this thread to I thought Id ask here first hehe.

#2055 3 years ago

I also thought about adding a small piece of mylar under where the ball is resting when in the dragon/mystery lock (pro). Dunno if it already is, have to check.

#2059 3 years ago

Hmm strange, in relation to my former post on last page: i played more today and it happened again twice: in the middle of the game, playing a mode or outside a mode while the ball is bouncing around, suddenly the game says ball locked, and the mode select screen comes up. then the locked ball which was lying in the lock before the "ball locked" callout came is dropped into play, thus two balls are on the playfield. I let one drain and i can just continue as normal.

Any experienced exactly this, that the game thinks i have shot up the left ramp when i have not? Switch issue or maybe a software bug?

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sounds like the opto switch at the top of the ramp. Try Reseating the connectors under the pf on the opto board.

Thanks for the tip, will check ☺ on another note;

Is there any option for softlock? Could not find it.
And, is there a simple adjustment to wipe current scores and reset to factory?

1 week later
#2151 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Anyone know what the lit blue arrow right under the battering ram is indicating? It flashes and says hit me but what does it do?

Someone I know told me it is just an indicator of your progress. Like..your getting closer to the multiplier or something.

#2152 3 years ago

I assume the code for game of thrones is largely done, but I thought of something which would be great;
The scenes that each mode is taken from seems somewhat off...like lannister being Save Myrcella which is a small side-plot on the books/series, as opposed to other lannister-events earlier. Some other modes are also a little questionable. It would be great if they could take a star trek approuch and as with Targaryen mode with is three-tiered, actually have two or three different "missions" for each house.

Any thoughts on this? it would make the game even more varied, and incorporate more of the show into the game. Althought I doubt they will do it. One thing they should fix though; is at least include vipers headsmash deathscene if you fail completing martell mode. Realistically, he should be dead anyhow but I can understand why they only show him impale the mountain when you complete it

#2155 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So I've own this game a for 5 months or so but it got boring pretty fast. I think I am just going to sell it and move on. I wonder if the premium / LE would provide more to do.

Interesting question. It seems that what the PREM/LE offers is the ability to add more time to each mode up in the castle, but that basically changes the scoring scope, not gameplay per ce. Also during modes you can conquer and collect a castle for each house you fight. But that is just an added mode objective sortof, id say?

The castle multiball is the extra multiball you have?

#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That said, i know Dwight has some cool plans for the game.

Possible to elaborate on this? Has he said something about plans for the got?

#2243 3 years ago

What are the best option for getting a speaker grill design for game of thrones?

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Fully modded GOT pro in md 4800. Shaker mirror blades. Plastics protectors. Flipper buttons , flags , wooden signs.
Game is beautiful. Decided to get Twd back

where did you buy these plastic protectors from?

#2312 3 years ago

Thanks! All 4 yellow or the 2 yellow 2 orange option?

#2316 3 years ago

the orange on return lanes really bring out a sensation of fire, not 100 % sure on the slingshots but probably will order and try

#2382 3 years ago

How are others ballreturn from the right orbit after plunge on the pro?
I have leveled my game with a leveling tool, and most of the time after plunging and the ball comes out of the pops down the right orbit, it hits the lower right sling shot. On other videos I have seen the ball is often avoiding the sling and landing on the right flipper making it easier to catch it.

is there a correct behaviour, or is it just totally different from game to game?

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Now what can Lanister get to make them worth while?

Maybe the ability to light mystery once per ball with the lockbar button? Since they are already based around money and mystery.
Or they could get some lannister-only rewards in the mystery.

#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hold off on getting the mezel ram for now folks. Mine busted on the side after 10 plays. I cannot upload pics at the moment. I'll get one up soon.
Edit: it appears I put the ram cover on backwards. I will report back after I fix it and play a bunch of games with it correctly installed.

Its on its way to me already
But, backwards? Is not the head supposed to be smashing into the "gate"?

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Yeah yeah really funny. The cover is one piece and the head is another piece. I put the cover on backwards. There is a tapered end on the cover. Make sure that is the end facing the player.

Thanks for the headsup!

#2587 3 years ago

I wonder why dwight did not code in anything with the red wedding,that being one of the greatest shock moments in the series

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any GOT PRO owners have a rubber list with sizes and count for the machine?
Last time I went from the manual (STLE) it was completely wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Have you chedked the kit at titan pinball? They have a got pro kit listed if you log in. but dont know if that ius blindly taken from sterns manual or not.

#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for that! Titan didn't have that list last time I checked the site. And it did match up to sterns online manual.

So it is probably wrong?

#2619 3 years ago

I wonder if it is possible to make a mod that acts more like the dragon on the PREM/LE? With a smooth flapping motion, instead of the on/off motion of the pro-dragon. Or if this is something Stern could sell as a mod or something.

#2625 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Conclusion (for me anyway): if you want a premium get it.

hehe yeah, of course that would be the easiest. The pro dragon does not really bother me, it just looks a little retarded.
But I actually like the gameplay of the pro better than the premium, thats why I thought to "put it out there"

#2628 3 years ago

Anyone know if titan is putting rubber placement chart with the kits they send out?

#2655 3 years ago

Woohoo, my wife sent me this picture from home right now!
Nice comment from Kristin also, hehe.

pakke1_(resized).jpg

#2657 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't assemble it like in that picture. The body of the ram needs to be turned around. The tapered end needs to face the player.

Yup I remember
Wont be doing it before earliest late evening today :/

#2661 3 years ago

Installed the mezel pyramid and ram yesterday. Will perhaps make some better photos, just had to get some quick photos after i put on the glass before going to bed.

got_pyramid_(resized).jpg

got_ram2_(resized).jpg

got_ram1_(resized).jpg

#2668 3 years ago

yeah, there is an adjustment you need to turnoff:

V1.03 - October 13, 2015
Added Casual Mode Adjustment.
Factory PRO will be YES and NO for PRE/LE
No House selection at the start. PLayers will be HOUSE STARK.
STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
GREYJOY starts lit.
No option to PASS on choose your battle
If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt
during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.
Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.

#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yes...you've made my day, thanks heaps for your help! Better go and give it a crack now

Np!
Its a fantastic game!

2 weeks later
#2880 3 years ago

Hmm...i thought easter eggs were something one was supposed to find by accident, not something spelled out for you
If Stern tells tells you how to do something, its more a feature than an easter egg

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

Haha oh well

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just joined the club recently! I wish there was a big castle mod for the center area somehow.

Imo, after playong and now owning a pro, i would never cover up the ramps with a castle mod. I love how the pro plays and that you can always see the ball and there feel the shots better. I think the prem is much more annoying to play, harder to find left/lock ramp since its just like shooting into nothing :p

Btw, does anyone know if the geometry and width of the left ramp entry is 100 % similar on pro and premium? For me the prem ramp seems much more difficult to get a clean shot to, whereas on the pro im much more consistent. But might be just eye hand coordination disturbed due to upper pf.

2 weeks later
#3039 3 years ago

Hehe could replace it with an image of joffrey :p

1 month later
#3251 3 years ago

Sooo fellow GoT'ers.... I see several of you guys putting up insane scores, at least very very much more than I seem to manage.

I havent even passd 1 Billion yet. When i see scores of 4++++ billion, I am really curious; What are you doing to achieve this? (except the obvious "dont drain" of course).

I have my GoT pro on tournament settings, ie no extra ball, quite steep. What strategy do you use, do you start one specific house, finish that mode and get a sword, ramp up the pf multiplier to 3x, start next mode, etc?

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Play as greyjoy.
Beat the Martell house first. Then light the stark mode or Tyrell mode to take that mode into multiball. With practice, you should be able to get over a billion from your first Blackwater multiball.
if you drain quickly out of the Multiballs, you're going to have a very tough time getting in the billions.
Are you on a Pro or Prem? It's much harder IMO getting in the billions on a prem/LE.
It's your ram registering hits consistently? Most of them need adjustments so that solid hits register 100% of the time.

I havent gone with the greyjoy, until now I have settled on Tyrell, seeing how beneficial it is with always trying to keep the combo multipliers going with the inlane multipliers tyrell has. but maybe that isnt really effective?

I have a Pro. My ram is not registering hits consistently, I tried using some oil but apparently it still requires a dead on hit. But I recall Ritchie had mentioned somewhere that it is supposed to be hard, and should require a really good hit, as it resembles an actual ram?

#3258 3 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

I wonder if they will do code updates that include the new storylines from the show. This season was epic and lots of amazing moments that would make for perfect pinball modes. Might be a licensing issues, but would be awesome.

Yeah doubtfuk, but would be cool. As mentioned before, would be at elast great if they could make every house two or three-tiered, sortof like targaryen is, with three modes for each house. then they could put in much more scenes/events for each house

#3260 3 years ago

It seems afaik....Martell sucks bringing into HoTK (bowen posted something about the houses and pros/cons in regular play and HoTK somewhere i think). And the "only" benefit is that you get an add-a-ball in multiball. So..I guess if you are really good at multiballs, then its very good, but else another house as tyrell may be just as good?

And if you choose Stark, should you then focus much more on maxing out winter is coming and aiming for winter has come?

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

With regards to the add-a-ball bonus of House Martell, it seems that if I press the Action button as my last multiball drains, it actually re-starts multiball instead of just adding a single ball. not that I'm complaining, but has anyone else noticed that and do you think that's the expected behavior or maybe a bug that will be addressed?

Is not this sortof how add-a-ball also works in Metallica for example? Launches another ball, and you get the ball save so basically it launches all balls again?

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I still think Martell is buggy when playing as Greyjoy. It's far too easy to finish and the end animation doesn't play correctly either.
Rob

You mean with the red viper winning, rather than being eyefucked by cleganes fingers?

1 month later
#3504 3 years ago
2 weeks later
#3634 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Watched a good amount of the replay; my only criticism would be to take off the super band (or titan?) flipper rubbers and put factory black on so you can back hand the right ramp and make the center shot with the left flipper. Other than that, well done - cool setup!

Is none of these possible with superbands/titan? damn, that kills much of the game.

1 month later
#3754 3 years ago

I tried out some streaming from home on Saturday, and DANg during the 40 minutes I streamed I managed to get a new personal GC!
Did a very good Stark mode completion (on second attempt), and made it to hand of the King.

Managed to put up a video of the game:

Not near all the billions some of you guys are putting up, but I had a heck of a good time

Cheers!

3 weeks later
#3824 3 years ago

Has anyone noticed difference when it comes to WIC on pro vs premium? On my pro, I seem to be able to time it out, but on the premium on location, on the last tournament the castle black shot was lit with WIC, and since its a dangerous shot i cradled the ball. But I waited around a minute, and it just would not stop?

Also I feel that WIC is activated not only when hitting a shot 6 times, but sometimes more randomly when I shoot right orbit.

2 weeks later
#3875 3 years ago

Just ordered the inner art decals for the pro! Looking forward to immersing myself even more into westeros when playing!

4 weeks later
#3904 3 years ago

Got the inner art panels installed yesterday, looks great! Very immersive

innerart01 (resized).jpg

innerart02 (resized).jpg

innerart03 (resized).jpg

innerart04 (resized).jpg

#3921 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No it didn't. Feels like half the game is missing every time I play it.

Not at all, just a big chunk of stuff obstructing the view is gone, making the game much more playable and fun

#3934 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think both versions are great and find it a shame when people write this game off due to art or not understanding the rules. It really is one of sterns best IMO.

Totally agree, i bought gotpro because of theme , good shots and the rules seemed very interesting, but MAN the game grown on me still. Where othets see a stripped down pf i saw a myriad of different strategies and combinations.

On my pro i usually backhand right ramp, but recently i often actually shoot it from the left flipper, as i have started to get that shot quantum cit...sorry, dialed in I mean

1 month later
#4126 3 years ago

Wow gotta try that. Played alot got today, trying to get to winter has come which was much harder than i thought. Got it once at least. Then i tried by coincidence some games playing as lannister and active going for standups, but it didnt really lead anywhere useful. When i actuslly try to hit the ram standups i only hit the ram godammit

#4140 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've heard of this bug before and it's been lingering in the code for a long time. I'm pretty certain the pro doesn't have the bug and awards the EB.

Just play on tournament mode and problem solved

1 week later
#4154 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

So will there be more updates or has STERN/Dwight moved on and this game is abandoned like many before? There is so much potential here and I think it already is a great game, but with a bit of polish it could be like Met or TWD.

I seem to recall he has mentioned that there will be some more, but probably bug fixes/minor adjustments. I am totally happy with the game how it is now, I think the main realistic change would be to balance the houses better, which would add much to the game imo. As someone else brought up, giving Lannisters something worth playing as. Maybe even accumulating even more gold and being able to buy other houses power/house complete etc.

2 weeks later
#4205 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Give me a reason to play any other house besides Martell. I mean somtimes I will play Tyrell or Greyjoy but never in a tournament setting. Lannister and Stark are just never played.

I never play martell, tyrell all the way in tournament. Have seldom lost to martell players this way.

2 months later
#4391 2 years ago

Requirements for this challenge, extra balls turned off, right?

1 week later
#4472 2 years ago

I cant really understand all these insane scores :p

What about having a new week tournament on tournament settings?

1 month later
#4611 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure that will happen
I want to see the mountain die a horrible death at the hands of Aria Stark.

Does not seem likely as she already had the chance and let him.... to his own fate?

3 months later
#4888 2 years ago

I think the "light super jackpot"-and-bringing-it-into-multiball-for-eternal-jackpot-during-mb is not that crisis...you first have to actually set it up, that is, earn enough cash, actually shooting for the dragon shot, be lucky to get it as a choice and then start multiball.

Im not really bothered by lack og callouts either.
My main wish is that they balance the houses more, so its just as tempting to play as house lannister as it is to play as tyrell or martell.

Also, that if you fail to finish martell mode, we get an animation of oberyns head being smashed
That shoudl really be the ending animation when completing the mode also, hehe.

#4890 2 years ago

Is it worth it playing as lannister judt for that? Hmm i dunno.

5 months later
#5283 1 year ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Sorry to sound stupid, but by "left ramp" do you mean the center ramp that starts "house mode" and leads to the "sword ball lock" for Blackwater multiball? If so, I often find that with my Premium when I shoot that ramp with either flipper the ball seems to get obstructed by something in the "tunnel" and comes back. It's not dependent on the strength of the hit; I can hit a strong shot and it will still come back. I have a feeling it may have to do with how it's leveled, but I wonder if others have similar issues.

This is my experience on most premiums, also part of a reason why i prefer the pro. People keep saying the everything with the left ramp is similar as pro, but sure does not feel like it

1 year later
#5946 6 months ago

Omg....... 20 minutes in and already insane changes!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
$ 79.99
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside