Topic Stats

• 6,321 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 772 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 4 years ago

Ok, I'm in! No idea when it will ship, but GOT is on its way!

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

and Stern has gone back to the old style flipper coils (2 lug, KISS had 3 lug?).

Ok, HANG ON THERE... That is news to me. They went back to the 3 lug coils to have an honest to goodness hold circuit instead of the buzzing being caused by the on/off power cycle to keep the flipper up. That was going to be a nice feature of SPIKE games, no more buzzing. I've only played on location, and mine game is on order (this doesn't impact my purchase of course).

I'm just curious, are the buzzing flippers back? Wouldn't that be the natural thing with 2 lug coils? Or did they fix it some other way?

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

There's also a decent variety to the length and skill required to complete modes (House Battles). One mode can be finished in two shots -- but if you want to milk it for max points, you'll need more than 10. It's your CHOICE.
The element of CHOICE is where GOT shines. I can choose to cash out my Stark battle for only a couple mil if I simply want to progress faster toward their house sword, Hand of the King, and Iron Throne. Or I can take it to max value, plus spend some extra shots (without accidentally hitting an orbit) to max out my multiplier before cashing in.

I can't wait until mine ships. From some of your writeups this game will shine. It just makes me want it more and more. These, and something Steve Richie said during the Dead Flip thing... How the ruleset was very different and was more like an adventure game where your choices were the direction you were going in.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I just tried the pro and cannot select the different houses at the beginning. I was stuck with Greyjoy and was told by the sales rep that the new code didn't allow it and you needed to access it through some sort of competition mode whatever that is. I hope they fix that.

And it is still set in simple mode. I forget the setting name, but it is easy to switch in a home environment.

1 week later
#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im curious what yours and your wife's interpretation of the show is vs the pin? Did you guys expect nudity, whores, and sex? cause despite popular belief, GOT is not about this. It's about money & the balance of power which from what ive read, the game does a good integration of. But i still have not seen or played one so take that as you will; just wondering what they missed as far as theme integration goes.

I did expect an "adult" mode for the audio. However, as soon as I get my game and Pinball Browser can edit SPIKE games, well let's just say that The Hound will be eating every chicken in the room.

#446 4 years ago

So is anyone selling a pyramid protector yet? Or do I. Need to cobble something together?

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Finally made my Grand Champion score of 1.3 billion ish. What a great game. I like them all though.....

The game really seems the have some cool paths to very high scores. I watched someone put up a 1.8 bil, and because I wa watching I could see every shot he needed. The multipliers are insane! In fact it was the playfield and shot multipliers that made me order one! (Still waiting)

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

yeah it shoots great and has nice flow. But it's still so damn ugly.

Don't care. It could look like my ex-wide for all I care. A fun game is a fun game.

1 week later
#548 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Still pumped to get a got!
Stern be like
GOT dollars rolling in

Stern has my money. Damn, I want my game!!!

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, I'm in! No idea when it will ship, but GOT is on its way!

It has... Arrived!

So, who has built a pyramid protector?

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Grats! Pro or LE?
Initial thoughts and reviews please

I went Pro. I like the way it played on location.

It will take a while for a review. I want to get some type of protectors on it. But from shuffling my hand across the playfield, it's like glass.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The shadows on the plastic are still off...

Oh, the Stern ones... Yeah, that is something that I'll never notice when I'm playing. Stuff like that just fades into the background.

And I like that you can turn down the brightness of the translite now on SPIKE.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We see this happen, but it does seem crazy to me. If you're not planning to hang onto it for a year then you should buy it IN a year when the software has matured and you play the full game at least.

It happens a bunch. Some people just go through machines quickly. I always assume they are a lot better players than I am. They get a game and rip through everything it has to offer, and then they are bored with it. Meanwhile I struggle to complete modes.

My normal solution to beating a game quickly is to set it up harder. Do I always complete that 30 second mode? I'll reset the timer to 25. I like to keep my games on the edge of my playing abilities. They seem to last a lot longer that way.

And just like Boob and you said, this code is in its infancy. But I'm liking it so far. Of course I keep failing to finish houses.

#614 4 years ago

I really do like getting to know a new game. And GOT is fitting right into my lineup. I played it on location, but I'm starting to get the flavor more now that it is in my house. And it's the simple stuff. Just learning how the game works. How to start things, how to qualify houses to pick. I'm doing a lot on Martell right now just because of the Multiball restart feature of that house. And it is hitting that great time where things become a little less random to me. All of a sudden I know why the game is offering me certain houses for battle. And when I battle them I'm doing my best, but failing often.

I just like this spot of ownership of a pin. The curiosity of why I failed a task, and trying to line it up for another chance. And so far, I'm liking GOT.

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Only my second machine but I noticed the outline posts were set to widest gap. Was going to change them at least to the middle setting but thinking I'll leave them to keep a little more challenge. Ball drains a lot there.

Stern changed the default to wide open on the later GOT machines. The ball times were too long on location and people were just killing the game. They also changed the default score for a replay, again because people were killing it and it wasn't boosting fast enough. This game has a VERY wide scoring gap between a good game and a great game.

As for mine, now that I have a better grasp of the rules I like the game. It is nice and fast, and I almost scream at my hands for not hitting the correct shots. Yes, if you can flail away and keep the ball in play, you do well on GOT. That seems to be the way they programmed it. But when you know the shot you need, and can't hit it... that is kind of fun for me. The multipliers go to insane levels when you line them up correctly.

I am having issues with alliances though. If I am going against two houses at a time, the odds are I won't complete either. I seem to do much better picking them off one at a time in a more focused manner.

And maybe that is why I am enjoying the game. I can figure out what I need to do, but I have a bit of a problem doing it. I'm reminded of how I would get stuck in other games. Like Tron in the Light Cycles. I know exactly how to complete it... but it is a rare event that I do. Or back before I Destroyed the Ring years ago... just hit these 4 shots, put a ball in the ring, and then hit that ball out with another... sounds so easy.

So really there are two conclusions I can come to from that. (1) Other people are MUCH better players than I am. They hit every shot they aim for and have a firm grasp of every rule in the game. They go through games quickly because the shots are so easy for them that they just hit them with no emotion and the game gets boring. Or (2) They setup their games a lot easier than I do.

There may be other conclusions, but those are the two main ones I came up with.

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does the game ship with black rubbers?

It does. And I'm nowhere near ready to swap it out for white yet.

#673 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hopefully the reduced lighting effects will reduce the crying by a couple people around here.

If it doesn't we can always spark up a time machine and give me younger eyes. It looks like I have some time...

MerryChristmas_(resized).jpg

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Some neat graphics before blackwater multiball. I got a bunch of technician errors popup after the upgrade. Anybody else?

I've got a bunch of alerts. Node boards, switches. All kinds of stuff. Everything seems to be running correctly though. (Pro)

#686 4 years ago

I'm not sure I can blame this on 1.18 or the fact that I know what I need to do now, but my playing on this game went to poop. I'm no longer completing houses, and the wild ranging scores have evaporated. I can't seem to complete Greyjoy at all anymore. And I'm not sure if I was just getting lucky before, but did Martell always reset the count if you hit a center ramp?

Everything just feels tougher now. Maybe because of 1.18 and maybe because I'm just starting to figure the game out and can see the shots I'm missing.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No idea
You are still waiting for your pro right? I don't think you will be disappointed at all because I'm still lovin' my pro A LOT even after 2 months of ownership. Great game!
Rob

I've only had mine for a bit, but I'm already loving it. It still feels like I'm just getting started in the game. I almost made HotK yesterday, but just missed the last shot on the 4th house and drained. I really like the house modes and the scoring strategies. And I love playfield multipliers. I think this game is going to fit into my house just fine.

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's pretty easy to get to the game of thrones iron throne.

Mark, I want to play pinball with you someday.

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Everyone I know local to me gets all theirs from him and they said the same thing. I really think this was a fluke one off situation for him and some other distros.

I don't think it's at the distro level. It is at Stern. Gary owned up to it, and hopefully they can get it under control soon.

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dear God, no. I haven't even made it to HOTK yet. Will all of you please shut the f**k UP???

You're not the only one Randy. I did come close to it, but missed completing the 4th house.

#749 4 years ago

Airballs. Let's chat about airballs for a moment.

image_(resized).jpg

That is the little "house" over the battering ram on my pro. And if you look closely you can see a ball inside of it on the left side. It went in at the top right.

After this I replaced the flipper rubber with PBL Silicone rubber, but I seem to be getting more and more airballs.

Is anyone else seeing this? And if so, how have you helped it. It is almost always a missed ramp or out of the dragon followed by a shot on the fly. I've had two balls during a Multiball hit each other in the middle and because one was in the air it hit the other and went straight up into the glass. Kind of getting worried about breaking things now.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Dave...I just posted on the LE thread that I'm having balls hit the plastic protector on that right ramp and fall back down (which is a very similar ramp, I think), and now that you mention it, I think it happens more since I put superbands on. This might be the first machine I have to play with standard rubbers. (But to me, that's a design flaw...)

I actually was trying the silicone because the standard rubber was having the airballs. And I agree, it may have made it worse.

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I actually was trying the silicone because the standard rubber was having the airballs. And I agree, it may have made it worse.

Ok, airballs. After looking at it for a while I ended up raising the flipper rubber up on the flippers. Not ideal, but it drastically cut the airballs down.

#801 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i'm gonna ask my distributor that's for sure.

Yeah, I will too. Looks like they see the problem.

#846 4 years ago

I still haven't had a chance to play an LE or Premium yet, but I'm addicted to my Pro. I don't read too much into that because it's still the honeymoon phase, but it sure is a fun game. I completely stink at it, but it's a blast.

So I wonder what will happen when I do play with the mini playfield. I suppose it could throw a wrench into mine. But for now, I'll just enjoy it.

#848 4 years ago

Wow!

image_(resized).jpg

I realize, it's nothing to crow about when people are killing this game, but this one felt epic. I played as Martell for the add-a-ball power. It was my first time seeing Hand of the King, which was sweet. I followed it up with Wall almost immediately. And in this game I was really concentrating on keeping my multipliers growing. Lots of combos to the arrows and a lot of battering ram shots.

The game is getting better and better the more I learn it.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice Dave! Yea getting to hand the first time is intense. I been there a few times now and have no idea what to do, but thanks to LOTR_breath posting this from the bugs thread, it'll be a little more helpful
You guys need to read the code read me files if you have not. There's some great info in there...
Back in v1.03
- Each House completed before Hand starts will change or add to the rules
of the multiball.
- Targaryen will increase the base value of all shots
- Stark Will add a "Bonus Round" at the end of each set
- Baratheon will increase from 4 shots needed to all 7 shots.
- Lannister will increase the starting value of the SJP Hurry Up
- Greyjopy will subtract one set needed before SJP Hurry Up.
- Tyrell will increase the value of the Super Jackpot
- Martell - Each shot needs to be shot twice
v.1.16 added this
- Added more interesting rules to WINTER HAS COME
- 3 phases: HORDE, BOSS, FROZEN
- HORDE:
- 7 shots, shoot all to complete and start BOSS
- Each shot made starts or restarts a timer
- Each time the timer runs out one more shot is added back
- BOSS:
- 3 Shots individually timed are timing out fast
- If they all time out the boss will attack and you will be FROZEN
- Each time one is shot it will start a new shot timing out.
- 4 shots collect the SJP == the total of the 4 Winter Is Coming values
collected
- GOTO HORDE
- FROZEN:
- Shoot one shot within a small window to unfreeze and restart BOSS.
- If the time runs out go to HORDE
- Changed the number of Winter is coming needed from 7 to 4.
And in v.1.18
- Reduced the number of sets needed to "complete" Hand of the king from
4 to 3. Greyjoy still reduces it by 1 from 3 to 2.
- Changed the calculation that converts wildfire into jackpot value
for blackwater multiball. Jackpots are worth more with less wildfire.
This also increases the super jackpot values too.
- Tweaked how much gold you get from different areas of the game. If you
are not Lannister you will average less gold per ball.
- Increased how much gold is worth from bonus.
- Reduced how much Wall jackpots and super jackpots are worth
- Increased how much WINTER HAS COME Boss is worth.

I was reading his posts, along with everything you have been writing about it. I feel like I'm just starting to scratch the surface of this game. I seem to play each house differently. Greyjoy is an absolute blast to play, but honestly I seem to play it the worst of all of them. Martell is my most common choice because of the AAB. But I bounce around and play them all. Loving the game.

#851 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

This might be one reason it kicks me around so much. 7.9 degrees of pitch. Zoom!

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

and I'm sure those guys can hook you up

"those guys"? I thought Pinballbulbs was you.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't decide prices or ship products. "Those guys" do it

That comes off sounding like you don't want to answer. I had thought it was a simple question that I thought Pinballbulbs was you, as it sounds like you at least do the design and promote the restults to Pinside. It just sounds like you do it in the third person ...

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I can answer. I take care of all product side stuff etc.
Should be $30 or so for the entire light kit and the speaker designs included free with each game kit. No extra $20 just for those. All inclusive. I think for the color changing version it will be about $44 And still with designs for free.
Hope that helps!

Do you work with Mark? (I figured seeing he called you in to write an ad, I may as well ask again).

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I did come in to provide info you asked for he didnt have

I had asked his involvement because it always seems like he is AstroTurfing a product that he does. It was a simple question, and he would definitely have that info. I even have more of that impression now.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea I've backd down on my speech a lot yesterday. Think I'm at +15 or +16.
the call outs are really good and I like them a lot. But there's one call out that I can't stand and makes me shriek everytime I hear it, when the chick says "Get the super jackpot". Just something with the way she says it that rubs me the wrong way. All her other call outs are top notch.

That callout is pretty rough. I actually don't like her there at all, but I ignore it because the game is so good. I'll replace that call with Pinball Browser on mine soon.

I tried your settings for sound. I have not hooked up the subwoofer yet, but I felt the voice calls were too muted. I played around with different levels for a while, and then went back to mostly stock settings.

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm pretty much factory settings with tilt warnings at 3 instead of 2. Tilt is medium. Outlanes wide.
Since I loaded new code Thursday, here's what my audits look like:
Total Plays: 105
Average score: 860 mil
GC: 6.4 bil
Game times are all over the place (which is really good). Highest was 16 games in the 6-8 minute range. I had 8 games at 15+ minutes. And 22 games in between those 2 audits.
Overall, the game times do not feel long or excessive, even the 15+ min games are a blast and continued progression through long games is a big plus on the rules and code.
Here's some other interesting audits:
- My left and right drains are near identical: big plus IMO
- Ball searches: 0; another huge plus but I did have a stuck ball on a plastic from an air ball
- Right flipper is heavily used 50% more than left.
- I'm nearly exactly at 10% extra balls awarded

Since the update:

Plays: 83

Avg score: 178 mil

Ball searches: 4 (I blasted an airball into the hut door and left the game on while I stood there in shock at my trapped ball)

Left and right drains are close, but dwarfed by the center drains.

7.9 degrees of pitch.

And also using the right flipper more than the left. Totally because I find the 4 center shots easiest from the right (I backhand the Stark ramp a lot)

10-15 minute games: 3

Nothing above 15 mins.

Love of the game: 100%. There are minor things I don't like, but I love the way the rules are going in this game. Beating it always feels just outside of my skills. Some games I'll battle the same house 3 balls in a row, and still fail to beat it. I might just miss as the timer expires. But other times I ignore the points and just cash out an orbit on Stark quickly to get it on my way to HotK (I usually play it fourth).

It's a great game.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good lord no wonder you're launching balls into orbit!
Maybe I'll throw a couple war and peace books under my back legs and see if I can keep the ball in play for more than a minute
I'm at 6.9 pitch

I just reset to 6.9 to give it a try. My problem is that I like to feel like I'm just hanging on for my life when I play. I love when games feel like they want to break your fingers. I'll admit it, it's my addiction.

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Here is what I use. Make sure to level on the playfield and not the glass.
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-digital-torpedo-level/p-00948295000P

That is the exact same one I use. Just rub a rag over the bottom and check before you use it. The bottom is magnetic and can pick up a screw or something.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

What are your strategies, which house do you like to play with?
I tend to lean toward playing Greyjoy. I'll shoot to start Martell right away for the add-a-ball and then light another house like Lannister to time with BW MB.
Martell racks up the points for me when I battle them and while raising the multiplier up.
The toughest shot for me is the dragon on the pro. Half the time I miss and get a bad bounce from one of the surrounding stand-ups.
I also aim for the ram at the beginning of MB to raise the multiplier early and the Lord of Light targets during the ball save time at the beginning of each ball. My average score is around 200M with the majority of drains coming down the middle.

I lean towards Martell the most and Greyjoy the least. I think I find Martell a bit easier, and the security of already having the AAB right away. Also I heard early that most of the better players were going with Greyjoy. If you notice in the Dead Flip videos when GOT came out, Steve Ritchie almost exclusively chose Greyjoy. I assumed right away that it was the most exploitable house to play, and everything I heard since them made me agree. So I have shunned it and only played Greyjoy a bit for now. I see GOT as a game I am going to own for a while, so I'm taking the time to explore it thoroughly. I'm not as worried about the highest score as I normally would be. The game has a lot going on.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I still have no idea wtf is going on

I dropped something because I don't give a crap, and said I don't give a crap, yet they didn't want it to go away leaving the poor impression they had left. So now they keep coming back to make sure they reinforce the impression I started with? Or something like that. Heck, I'm involved and I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore. Maybe they will wait a few more days and bring it back from the dead again.

Guys, if you have an issue with me, please take it to the basement and let people just bask in the splendor of GOT here.

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I think you had the issue because a price wasnt given when you demanded it from someone who didn't have it. Then you keep taking shots in the post above. Stop please . I just wanted to make sure your astro turfing beef was cleared up. This all stemmed from you commenting on an originally related posted to the thread.

I asked this asshat:

Quoted from DaveH:

"those guys"? I thought Pinballbulbs was you.

Where the hell are you taking such a simple thing and twisting it up? It is barely even a question. And the fact that it isn't simple is just stupid.

Look, I don't care if you make money here. I don't care if you advertise. I don't care what your relationship with Mark is. I wouldn't buy anything g from you because now you sound completely sketchy. So does he in my opinion. If someone asked about my relationship or lack of one in a company I'd just answer. It would take about a second to do. You can't seem to, and I wanted to drop it. Again, if you have an issue with me you can PM me, take it to the basement, or GFY. Take your pick.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Flat out lie. Go ahead. Paste where you said "I don't give a crap" from an unedited post. Don't try to make it sound like you're some innocent guy and "we" won't leave you alone. I posted my big score photo and you went apeshit. It's as simple as that.

Apeshit? Where? I asked your involvement. Everything else about it has come since you sent your buddy after me for asking.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Apeshit? Where? I asked your involvement. Everything else about it has come since you sent your buddy after me for asking.

And now this will be the third time I ask... Can you take this to another forum?

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Sure happy to take this "elsewhere". But I haven't sent anyone here. I am well known for not needing anyone to fight my battles.

Quoted from jrivelli:

What are you asking now? I already answered 40 posts ago what his involvement is. Plus, it's never been hidden his involvement. Everyone knows who inquired. He is at shows with us fixing games for others etc. He develops a lot of our products. He answers tech emails. If you emailed our company email as I asked you would see that as well.
We are transparent man. No one is coming for you. You just keep taking shots then saying drop it.
If you have other questions just directly ask them. Sheesh. Email or pm my bruh

You guys good now? All set to drop it?

#939 4 years ago

This game just gets better and better. With all the talk about how Greayjoy works in the "bugs and wishlist" thread I played a bit of Greyjoy tonight. And overall every time I play this game, I enjoy the heck out of it. Even when I can't hit a single shot well, it's fun. They got this one out of the park for me.

It's because I can't hit the shots. I can see exactly what the game wants me to do, and some games I hit the all. But most of the time I'm just a bit off. And drains are costly when you look up and see that you were sitting on a 15x multiplier for the shot you just fumbled. Great game!

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Targaryean mode sounds like a fun and deep mode.

I haven't finished it once. Therefore it is an epic failure

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is a GOT kicks ass thread. I wonder what people will tell you
That said, I have an STLE and it's been gathering cobwebs since I got GOT PRO 2 weeks ago. STLE is one of my favorites and I actually did play one game of it after GOT; and it just seemed to be lacking in the progression and build up dept that GOT has.
GOT PRO is looking to be a true champ. Rules aren't hard to follow and they are average as far as depth is concerned, but they are very wide in that it has a ton of breadth if that makes sense. All achievable wizard modes, fast gameplay, great flow, and tons of strategy.
I'd go GOT PRO over ST PRO and this is from an STLE fan and owner.

Wow. Pardon me, but wow. I don't think anyone knows more about ST rules than you do (except maybe Dwight). You are the entire reason that I plan to give ST another shot in the future because of your explanation of so much more depth than I knew about.

I also agree (well, look at the thread name). GOT seems to get its core concepts across better. Whenever I am battling a house, I'm pretty sure what I need to do. Whenever I combine battles, I know what to do. The logic to build multipliers is clear, though I do wish it communicated how long before multipliers timed out a bit better. Understanding what to do is never my issue, it is doing it. And just like the risk of adding double scoring before the Do or Die Hurryup on IM, there are paths to much higher scores on GOT. And every one of those comes with a risk along the way. I can massively increase the value of a shot, but it will take some extra shots to do it.

That is why I am addicted to GOT. I've been to HotK a few times now, but really I find that it matters HOW I get there. There are so many challenges to work at along the way. I find the code in this game to be exceptionally good and a bucket load of fun.

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Possibly dumb question that may have been addressed - my apologies if so.
Is there any indicator on the playfield (or DMD) that shows how many balls are locked at a given time? I prefer to start a mode going into blackwater multiball, but have occasionally selected 'skip mode' not realizing that I was locking the third ball when doing so. My fault entirely, but really annoying. (For that matter, is there a way to make the table smack you in the head when you forget that you've completed Martell and don't use the add a ball at the end of a multiball?)
Side note - put up a 3.1B last night at my usual location. Not even good enough for Grand Champ on the machine (High Score #1 however temporary.), and less than half of what I've seen someone else put up at the location in question, but damn if it didn't feel good to me.

I'm usually playing it alone at home, so I just look at the balls behind the sword to get my count.

There should be a "smack in the head" lever when you don't use the power of adding a ball, but sometimes depending on my counts for Wall Multiball I save it for that and let Blackwater end if I'm close. I'm trying to use it as strategically as I can.

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Based on my understanding, chuckwurt is right. 5X for shot multipliers. 5x for PF multipliers. Total max is 25x. Hence for you EKB, you likely had 4x PF with 5x dragon shot for 20x total. The multipliers on the DMD for each shot will show combined totals (PF x shot).

That would explain a lot to me. I never thought the X that showed on the DMD factored the playfield in already. I was planning to do some "glass off" testing tonight anyway, so I'll add that one too.

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Of course that would have been nice.
But like I stated we did not have time to update the code.
But now that I am home and reading through the 1.21 code update I see that it indeed does.
So all you really had to say is "Yes".
- Addressed a couple sound issues. Sounds should hiccup less.
Engineering analysis ongoing.

Mark doesn't answer direct questions with direct answers. Maybe that will get fixed in a future version

Yes, on my game the sound stuttering went away completely with the updates.

1 week later
#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. That's a good point. A call out and/or cool sound effects are needed for that HOTK sjp.

1 week later
#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Eyes gouged out has to be one of the worst ways to go.

It was his teeth chattering across the courtyard that got me. Yuck!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha right...you sort of get a blade noise at the very end. Speaking of which....
Probably covered in all these pages is the point of Martell to begin with; which eludes me. Revisionist history? Not complete? Wishful thinking? I hate to break it to Mr. Martell, but that isn't quite how that battle ended

Bugs me every time I complete the mode.

#1559 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

anyone set the clock, i was expecting to play midnight madness tonight (set 2 hours earlier), nothing.
setting the clock for the third time now, seems like the game doesn't remember, it goes back to february 15 2015 every time.

Referencing back to some earlier stuff, check your battery. Some batteries were dead, and others had loose clips causing the game not to save programming.

#1615 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every playfield ever made did that. It from a steel ball pounding into it over and over again. The reason why you don't see it in older games is because that wood has been pounded down flat. So imagine one big dimple instead of all the tiny ones you see on your new GOT

Even though it is exactly the same as forever, it does stand out more on newer games. The LEDs make it easier to see the dimples.

Plus (and this is VERY unscientific of me), newer games seem to have more airballs which makes it all happen faster.

#1780 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Shame, shaaaaame!

It is very rare that I laugh out loud, but LOL! Well played.

1 month later
#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is get to wall MB a good strat? I feel like that MB is very tough to score high on.

Pardon my rant... I HATE wall multiball. I don't know why, but every time I start it the balls all seem to get together and decide to leave the table. If the balls had fingers, they would be giving them to me. It is just stunning how the horn sounding is the cue to drain. I'm usually playing Martell, so I call them back. Again, they all give me the finger and jump into the drain. I just don't get it. I'm not that bad a player, but for some reason I just make a mess of the Wall every time. Ok, rant over.

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For stark; *SHOW SPOILER ALERT* I say when you hit the button the

OMFG, that would be PERFECT! Plus it would work against our instincts to just hit the button! Maybe it would train me to stop hitting it on LOTR.

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You've already owned the game once? If so, nothing major has changed since you've had it. No tutorials available that I know of.

I've had it for more than 4 months now, and I still feel like I'm just getting to know it.

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think I have a decent handle on mine now cause I have played the living piss out of it. Still haven't seen all the game has to offer yet though.

And I want to compliment Dwight for that. Stern deservedly gets killed for some of the code they put out and can take a long time to update it. Game Of Thrones arrived great. Even though it has only had minor tweaks and bug fixes, the game is a blast. Dwight did a fantastic job with it coming out of the gate.

1 week later
#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Was it ever better than the Pro? Heyo!
Seriously though, you want more to shoot for, get the prem. If you want a faster game that has no obstructed shots, go Pro. Light show is much more intense on Prem as well. Pro's light show is good, but the Prem light show is great.

I think it is cool that they are such different games with the same basic ruleset. To be honest, I didn't care for the gameplay of the Premium... but I really think that is just because I am so used to my Pro. I also don't like not being able to see the ball sometimes, so the Pro just fits my sensibilities better.

And I will agree, better light show on the Prem, but the play on the Pro just hits it for me. All just my opinion.

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Total score was only 3.2 billion.

"Only" he says

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from deljaso:

I have no where to play it

Add your location to your Pinside Profile. It is possible someone near you owns it and would offer up a visit. Pinsiders for all their bluster online are actually a decent bunch of people.

1 week later
#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I said no show talk. I'm sure there are owners that are now just watching the show. So no spoilers please. Sometimes it takes me a week to see the most recent episode too.

Sometimes it takes me months to get caught up on shows, even when they are about such a great pinball machine

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Bass and treble do affect subs. If you have one, I highly recommend tuning your adjustments. But dummy me forgot to write down my sound settings before updating doh!

Fortunately you did write it down for all of us

Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I've been playing with my sound settings. Right now I'm at...
Music attwnuation: +3
Speech attenuation: +21
Bass: 100
Treble: 75
What this does is level out the loud call outs but also raises the overall sound effects a few notches like the battering ram hits, jackpots, etc... Intensifying the overall feel of shots and progression.
Would like to hear other thoughts and sound levels. Mine is stock speakers with external sub.

#2939 3 years ago

I finally had a chance to update to 1.29. I love updating games because I want to see what changed. Unfortunately anytime I do update, my playing goes to shit so I see nothing. I swear I'll find a way to blame Dwight

1 week later
#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

obviously not Maisie, sounds nothing like her.

The worst part is the inflection is all off on that quote. It's like "suPER Jackpot." It's weird.

More like:

suPER Jackpot

Her calls always sound sarcastic to me.

2 weeks later
#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's pinball in my opinion. Move it across the room, take it to a show, etc. It's pretty tough to level it exactly the same to have it play the same.

I moved 8 games around my house Saturday with help. It was just to regroup machines from the same era together. Every single one of them plays different than it did last week. I agree, that's pinball. Now it's going to take weeks for them to feel normal again.

3 weeks later
#3325 3 years ago

Valar Pin-ghulis - Ancient Valarian meaning "All Pins Must Die".

Fortunately if you have a good distributor (Cointaker), and a company that stands behind its products (Stern), then everything works out fine. Thanks to them, my quest for the Iron Throne can resume!

Thanks a bunch for handling the legwork Melissa @ Cointaker.

#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What happened to your pin?

It had issues, and now it doesn't

I didn't really want to go into the details of it, because Stern handled it to my complete satisfaction. This is the first time I've even had a warrantee issue on a Stern game. Usually it's just open, adjust, play.

Now my biggest issue is what I'm getting rid of so I can fit a TWD into the gameroom.

1 month later
#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

Hey! Just got a HUO GoT pro and love it. Has anyone run into issues with the auto ball shooter intermittently not hitting strong enough to make it to the roll overs?

After SKBs advice, put a ball in the shooter lane and look at how it is sitting. Is it in the groove, or is there a protector there making it sit funny sometimes? Most times I'll just pull the apron and investigate how the ball and plunger are sitting together. As you actuate the shooter a lot of times the two tangs will hit the ball unevenly causing it to chatter up the shooter lane and lose all its power.

(Note: this is general advice, not specific for GOT)

3 months later
#3896 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

We probably discussed this many times in this thread; but, is TYRELL the strongest house to play? Quickest, easiest route to HOTK with having Tyrell. Also, as i surpassed my GC last night as Tyrell - i noticed (and forgot about it) that Tyrell gets the inlane combo multiplier during Iron Throne. That is huge! I absolutely blew up Iron Throne last night.
I think Greyjoy gets the Tyrell inlane multiplier during Iron Throne. But i know Greyjoy doesnt get the Martell add a ball so maybe it doesnt get the Tyrell power too during Iron Throne?

I really feel like I play this game at a very basic level. For a long time I exclusively played Martel for the add-a-ball. Then I started playing Greyjoy to get the add-a-ball with more. And now I'm playing Baratheon most of the time because I keep wanting to build it up on the spinner to see how high I can get it. I love the spinner sound when playing like that.

However, I agree that a code update would be nice. Mostly the lack of callouts in some spots bugs me. Come on Stern, give us a polish.

#3906 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Curious, why do you play with Baratheon when doing this strategy?

Because I don't usually get Baratheon in my normal course of play. Me aiming at the drops usually ends badly

#3939 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not possible to backhand the right orbit from a trap. We were talking only of the right ramp.

In my opinion, it is slight variance in game construction. On my "old" pro I could backhand the right ramp at will. On the "newer" one, it is very rare for me to complete that shot.

I've seen similar variances in other games. Tron is a good example. It seems like a 16th of an inch difference in placing posts at the factory can really change gameplay. It's not a complaint. It's actually a bit of amazement that it makes every copy of a game play slightly differently.

#3979 3 years ago

OK, I'm going to ask. Someone help me understand Hand of the King. As far as I'm concerned, I have a bunch of white shots with no rhyme or reason. I get a quick blurb at the start saying "more shots", "less shots", "blah blah" (one for each house I brought in). But at that point, almost everything is lit and stays lit. I know it isn't just hit a bunch of crap, but right now it doesn't make any sense to me. It doesn't at all feel like any kind of progression.

#3982 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That make sense?

It does. Thanks for the explanation! Last night I tried it out, and got to HotK in the first game. Then I tried to calm down and play it understanding it a bit better... To call my HotK round a drainfest would be kind

2 weeks later
#4057 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some sort of lube. Go under the playfield to the underside of the ram mech. Should see a little metal sled with two screws in it.
Remove the screws and the sled will come off revealing the track that the ram runs in (white plastic with red screws surrounding it), and the two legs of the ram.
Use some sort of lube oil (I use the stuff below in all my game), get a qtip and soak one end of it. Then run that qtip all over the plastic track the ram is in, the legs of the ram, and the sled you removed.
Put the sled back on and screw back in the two screws you removed.
You should never have to mess with the ram again after this.
La-Co 4 ounce Zoom spout oiler 79704G amazon.com link ยป

Holy Shit Snacks!!! I've known for a while that I needed to get around to doing this. My first playfield had registered the ram great, but the second almost never did. I finally did this tonight, and what a massive difference. Even a glancing shot registers now. I just played 2 games like that, and my scores completely dropped off the edge of a cliff (because shooting for nothing but the ram is not an effective strategy). Thanks Chuck!

1 month later
#4194 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Needs more callouts!!!!!!!

Quoted from Apollyon:

I need more callouts!

And also it would be nice if we could get more callouts! Sure, the fixes, and it would be awesome to balance some of the scoring. However not too balanced. I like that the risk / reward aspect is there.

And when I say more callouts, it is the obvious ones. Calls in houses, hand of the king, IT, and if I don't get a reference to chickens, I'm gonna to have to eat every f*&$@#g chicken in this room. I understand that Dwight can't actually put that call in the game (because it would call for adding an adult mode and a bunch of extra work), just give me a good spot to put it in with Pinball Browser.

2 weeks later
#4280 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

GOT sucks. Can't believe anyone would like this game. Worst stern ever.

That's only because you suck at it.

#4289 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've been rewatching all the seasons again. I just made it to season 5. Whether you've seen the show yet or not, season 4 - ep 7-9 is a must watch over again. Trial by combat, battle for the wall. Good stuff.

I just finished all 6 again. It really is a great show.

3 weeks later
#4315 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You should read-
entire posts.

Hey Boob, now he's bragging he reads entire posts! Sheesh.

3 weeks later
#4365 2 years ago

Sorry to say that I will be departing this club soon. My only regret is that I never attained SKB level scores.

And thanks Chuck for your advice on the ram. If anyone's ram isn't registering, make sure you read those posts and fix it. It makes the game better.

Someday I'll have a huge house where I can keep them all

1 week later
#4379 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Ok so I'm in. 19 hr round trip last weekend but worth it. Running original code and this thing is like NIB.
I will need to learn the rules as it sounds very deep from what i have read. Added some gold accents and might get the big topper also.
Sub is hooked up and shaker installed yesterday. Awesome game.

Nice group of games. All winners.

2 weeks later
#4458 2 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Any help would be great if you could e-mail me or post it here, much appreciated.

I'd guess node board connections first. The Ethernet cable goes from board to board and if it is disconnected, the communications stop.

#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

All weekend i was busy with baby showers (including one of our own)

Congrats!!!

2 weeks later
#4516 2 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Remember - It was always gonna be AS before BM66. Then the 30th anniversary and the license deal came together, and BM66 jumped in front (with code not done, b/c they told Lyman and George they has X months less time to get the game out). Also why AS was more complete with the extra few months push back letting BM66 go first.

BM66 was released last October. It's been in the public eye for 9 months, plus development time before that. So it's already had at least a year of development. Those few months AS was pushed back should have been more than made up for on BM66 by now.

As for GOT, it deserves one more pass through the code. I hope Stern gives Dwight the time for that.

2 weeks later
#4572 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The top lanes above the pops. Complete six times then shoot the dragon kickback shot. If you are house Baratheon then it only takes 4 lane completions to light and the jackpots and super jackpots are worth about 10 times as much.

He has a prem/LE. So shoot Castle Black six times, not the top lanes. Then I think the right loop starts it.

3 months later
#4827 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

You'll probably note the left orbits will be disabled in settings by default,

Same with the battering ram. It's disabled by default

The ram can be finicky and not register correctly. Chuck has instructions in this thread to get it registering consistently. Follow them and get it registering well and the game is much better.

#4841 2 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I'm not sure I fully understand what it means to have the ram disabled. I researched and only found debate about the difficulty of hitting the shot perfectly and mods/"ram lube" to help that. But does it actually ship disabled and to what capacity?

Chuck was correct, I was joking. I had issues with my ram registering on two different playfields. After following his advice and cleaning it up, it registered great. It wasn't actually disabled, it just seemed like it as I'd hit it and not get credit for the hit.

2 months later
#5024 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would love to see a video of each one. Stinks you have to buy them to find that out. Would be cool if CDMD demoed each one with a nice camera setup when they were released.

I've installed and seen quite a few of them over the past few years. Hands down, LCD. I really dislike the new LED ones. My eyes are a bit sensitive, and I have two big issues with LED. First is that the light is piercing from a point. That point is overly bright. And, they always look out of focus to me. I assume that each LED is actually 3 colors inside, and so the light when it's color looks like it is in 3 different spots to me. That makes it look really harsh.

LCD on the other hand lets you configure a lot of things. The panel looks much better, and can be set up to your tastes. I'm not wild about the gap, but that is WAY better than the LED one.

And all of that is just my opinion. I keep hearing people say the LED can be adjusted to take all the harshness away, but I have not seen that backed up with one that looks good. LCD all the way.

3 months later
#5322 1 year ago

I'm still out of the club... but I had the chance to play my old GOT at a friends house Thursday. It kicked my butt, but it was a fun time. None of my shot memory was left, so I was Lannister-ing every standup.

1 year later
#5787 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I gotta figure this out then since we likely have the same TV. I switched from streaming thru the TV interface to my Apple TV after the first 40 minutes, and it seemed to clean-up a bit, but the show wasn't as dark at that point. I tried HDR Medium earlier, but no better. I think I need to revisit the episode and watch the first 45 mins through the Apple TV.

I was irritated for at least half of the episode last night. Not because of the action, but because I couldn't see it well. I readjusted my TV 3 times during the episode, and just couldn't get it clear and looking good. I've never had so many problems with the dark scenes of GOT. It was just too much action that was being obscured by the "other things" going on caused by (no spoilers here). I felt that because of this, the battle for Hardhome was a lot better. This should have been more epic, but unfortunately the show runners forgot that we use TVs to view the show.

In the end, I liked it. But I was pretty irritated that I couldn't see it well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 26.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside