371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornycrunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's obscene! Verging on AFM type scores. Wonder if they'll address the high scoring / long ball times in future codes updates - or is that what people want?

As far as the "high scoring", that's intentional. The King himself declared it to be "more fun" on the dead_flip stream.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was a code glitch, not my actual score. I'm good...but not that many zeros good. We've had a 12 billion score here locally, but my best personally is 6 billion and change. Not sure what caused this. Default replay was set at 1 billion. I assumed it doubled to 2 billion after that as I cracked it twice in a row with a 2.3 billion Martell game and was now playing my third game. For fun I chose Tyrell and ended up putting up a 3.2 billion game which was good enough for high score #1 and House Tyrell champion. When I looked at the replay award after entering in my initials this is what I saw. I got a kick out of it, so I thought I would post it.
For big scores on GOT, it isn't long ball times, it's the Super Jackpots during Wall MB that do it. With playfield and shot multipliers you can get some crazy big Wall MB Super Jackpots. On my 6 billion plus game, 4 billion plus was from the Wall MB and on the 12 billion game, 9 billion plus was from Wall MB. Iron Throne can also be worth a couple billion if you play it well too.

Does it roll over at 10B? Internally too? I suppose this is the first Stern where 10B+ games are actually feasible.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

okay. I preferred the scores Stern had previously been using, this feels inflated to me. But it's all relative so who really cares. I don't have more fun with any particular point scoring. If a billion is easy it's no more fun than a million.

I observed some casual play of it this weekend. It seems that for more casual/novice players, it scores about the same as any other Stern. You pretty much have to "work" for your inflated scores here.

And frankly, I have as much fun scoring 10 billion on AFM as I would 1 *million* on WOZ.

1 month later
#691 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm not sure I can blame this on 1.18 or the fact that I know what I need to do now, but my playing on this game went to poop. I'm no longer completing houses, and the wild ranging scores have evaporated. I can't seem to complete Greyjoy at all anymore. And I'm not sure if I was just getting lucky before, but did Martell always reset the count if you hit a center ramp?
Everything just feels tougher now. Maybe because of 1.18 and maybe because I'm just starting to figure the game out and can see the shots I'm missing.

I can't recall it ever resetting the count - just that you need to hit it at some point. But while I'm on the subject of Martell's mode, I don't think it really affects your scoring for that mode anyway. I've seen "jackpot builds" values of roughly 20m, but the third shot (the one *before* the hurryup at the ramps) is only good for 10m.

If you can hit your loops *really* quickly after the mode starts, and then a ramp afterward, it's usually good points (~150m+ total), but if you're taking your time, it's really quite random.

#706 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Has anyone played as house Tyrell and maxed out the stark mode? Wondering what the stark value can jump to with 5x combo multiplier running. Like 300 million?

75m * 25 = 1.875b.

#713 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't think it's possible to run stark mode with 25x going. Would love to see that on video. I just don't think 5x playfield runs long enough to get that done. Even without missing a shot. But 75 million is the base max value of stark mode?

Oh, not that I've done it. As far as the combo part is concerned, Greyjoy helps in that aspect since you're forced to hit loops and ramps before you even think about cashing out. I have actually done a 375m cashout that way (1x playfield, 5x combo).

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It starts over if you don't complete Iron Throne
I haven't beat Iron Throne yet, I hear it enters a victory lap mode but I haven't seen it

According to the rulesheets, you either eventually complete Iron Throne, or you lose your last ball. I'm not sure if there's a failure condition where your game continues.

2 weeks later
#935 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Why because it makes all the houses really diffulcult to beat? Or is their a bug in the code.

There's a bug in Targaryen III where none of the shots will light for the last phase. Even if you restart it. I've only ever seen it when selecting Greyjoy, and I'm far from the only one apparently.

The brighter side of that was on the game where I encountered that bug, I still needed two other houses for IT anyway. I sorta just resigned to myself that it wasn't going to happen that game with that bug.

3 weeks later
#1273 8 years ago

I, too, joined the Iron Throne club last night. It was kind of a rush having to methodically churn out my last two houses after slaying Drogon. And then when I got there and started it, I was a little shaky.

Managed just above a billion on it, so I'm sure there's improvement to be had.

1 week later
#1470 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Curious, what are the conditions that get the ball onto the throne? I have not seen that since my very first game.

Assuming you're on a pro, one hell of a lucky airball.

#1530 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Do I have it right? What do you guys play together to complete houses.

My rule of thumb is to get Lannister and Greyjoy lit before the first BW multiball. Always start it with those two. Kill 3 birds with one shot. Treat that multiball as if you were just playing Greyjoy's mode.

Stark - I almost always play it on its own so I can concentrate on maxing it out.

Get Targaryen lit early to get it out of the way. Always try to stack one level of it with any other house (except Stark as noted above). It's a grind, so you might as well run it parallel to your other houses if possible. Targaryen III with multiball is SWEET. I do believe you get leeway if one of those shots times out too. Helped immensely in reaching Iron Throne.

#1532 8 years ago

Random anecdote: by finishing a double mode after having 3 already done, I managed to bring five houses into Hand of the King, but unfortunately found out you don't actually get five rule modifications. Martell was one of those houses, and it was excluded from the four that counted.

#1574 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I got to Play a premium for the first time today. Overall, it was great! Definitely a different feel than the pro. Not as fast, but more technical and a little more strategic. Definitely felt like the code could get a little more meat. I really enjoyed the shots into the throne, and advancing the wall is integrated better, don't know why they couldn't do the same for the pro? Maybe cause the castle black insert inst there I suppose. The Left orbit was a big disappointment; in 6 games, I think I got one full orbit. I wonder if the premium/LE would feel near as fast as the pro with full fast orbits?
Played about 6 games with scores roughly under a bil, but did destroy it once as Tyrell nearly beating iron throne

image_(resized).jpeg

I don't know whether its the 9 billion that's more impressive, or the fact that your score wound up ending in a '2'.

#1576 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Interesting. I hadn't thought about playing 2 houses for house #4 & #5 and the impact on HOTK. In your case, not having Martell as one of the houses for HOTK is a HUGE benefit (Martell makes HOTK more difficult... not easier).
I wonder how the game decides which two of co-battle houses #4 & 5 it gives your for HOTK?

The 'make it harder' houses (Baratheon and Martell) can actually make it more fun in a way. Combining those two houses gives you a 14-shot set (all seven twice). But I liked the franticness of hitting all those shots with a 2x/3x playfield running as opposed to just chipping away for a Super.

I'm theorizing that the order is probably just "left-to-right, top-to-bottom" -- that is, Stark, Baratheon, Lannister, Greyjoy, Tyrell, Martell. Just judging by the fact that Martell gets excluded in that circumstance, despite the fact that I usually have it done early since that's what I've been starting with lately. I omitted Targaryen because I've never completely finished it prior to HOTK.

#1582 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Good info, thanks!
Another question, maybe not specific to the pro. The Swords values seem to vary widely. What determines the value?

The values for the particular swords are fixed, but it seems like *what* sword you get is completely random.

enhanced-4192-1412751343-15_(resized).pngenhanced-4192-1412751343-15_(resized).png

#1599 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah and it's easy not to rush to get the WIC hurry ups, because they aren't worth many points. So you half ass them and then you have a half ass WHC.

It's a cool effect, but I'd say getting your normal playfield lighting back is reason enough *to* rush the hurryups.

#1640 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Is there a positive to picking Lannister? Better mystery options to spend gold? I just like trying all the houses to mix it up. Great to have all this choice of strategy

I'm going to speculate that you do get better options, but this is only from observation when I pick Greyjoy, since Lannister is usually among the first modes I complete.

Of course, you may just be getting better options since you usually have more gold.

#1641 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Does anyone know if the flipper is suppose to freeze during that MB on a Pro? I had it going pretty good, but nothing happened..

If "that MB" refers to Winter Has Come, yes. And if you had it going pretty good, then nothing *should* happen, since that's basically its penalty mode.

#1654 8 years ago

I just had the most ridiculous HOTK round last night. I had basically 3x-4x playfield running from the start all the way to the huge hurryup. I then hit the battering ram twice quickly, and literally screamed at what happened. The first hit scored my SJP with 3x playfield for 675m. Then the next hit scored the entire hurryup, probably now with 4x running, for 4.6 BILLION! That one shot was worth more than my highest ever score up to that point (3.8B)

So... I'm theorizing that your *multiplied* super jackpots add their entire value to the hurryup, which *itself* can be multiplied as well. Yow.

I didn't even make Iron Throne this game, but here's the aftermath. Got over 6B on HOTK alone.

12657814_10104417926905897_8116041680893925447_o_(resized).jpg12657814_10104417926905897_8116041680893925447_o_(resized).jpg

#1655 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

The best model is pro imo. Awesome flow and fast, the dream combo machine.
The LE breaks this flow, even without playing it it is obvious. What the LE gets more? Mode, multiball...?
I'm really surprise about the low ranking in the top100

I love the pro for what it is, but from my playtime on an LE, it's plenty fast as-is. Sacrificing some of that extreme speed for a deeper experience isn't a bad tradeoff.

#1752 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I started with Baratheon and stepped thru them one at a time (not in combination). Greyjoy was 2nd to last. Targaryen was very last, but Iron Throne mode kicked-in before I completed. Would Iron Throne mode imply Targaryen was completed?
I may give it another go, attempting Targaryen earlier.

You couldn't have started it from the same shot though. The last Targaryen shot is always the Dragon, then the center ramp would start IT.

You wouldn't be able to see it solidly lit because everything dims for you to start IT, much like it does for HOTK.

#1753 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

If you collect the Targaryen castle on the prem/ le then Targaryen 3 is not beatable. No new shots will light and the mode will just become stuck and you can kiss IT goodbye

So there's *two* ways to screw yourself out of IT on the LE/prem?

#1830 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Posted this in the bug and code wish thread, but it's probably better served here:
Those of you that have been to IT multiple times, what route do you normally take? I was trying Tyrell, then play Tyrell mode right away to increase my multipliers. Then try and bring two of Lan, GJ, or Targaryen into multiball. Then pick off the other modes as they happen.
My new strategy with conquering targaryen has been to bring it into Multiballs. Especially the last wave.

All of my Iron Throne games have been with Martell. My first one actually would've been Greyjoy had the Targaryen bug not bitten me in the ass.

I always shoot for Lannister/Greyjoy with the first MB and get those out of the way. I also like to get Targaryen lit as soon as possible. Stack it with whatever I can (except Stark) just to get that grind out of the way. In short: Martell > Light Targaryen > Lannister/Greyjoy/MB > Targaryen + whatever (except Stark).

Unless you're Greyjoy, you don't necessarily have to play Tyrell to "increase your multipliers", since you get that from the very start. But Tyrell is a pretty fun mode.

#1852 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not to shit on Chucks mission parade of getting to the IT, but I just did this!
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
I should have beat IT too! Had I known the rules better I would have. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but let's just say I lost to the IT with a Martel add a ball in my back pocket.
And chuck, if you're reading; my strategy going in to get to the IT was to just kick the games ass!
EDIT: btw, I timed the game. 25 mins long! That's a wonderful thing to see so much action and game progression in that amount of time.

Well.. I *did* just beat IT today, and still only got about 2 billion out of it. But honestly, I was focusing more on just beating it than necessarily getting a blowout score on it.

Now what I'd like to know is - does the second part of Iron Throne have an end at some point - as in, a total victory condition? Westeros has a lot of other smaller cities and castles, but there's got to be a point where you'll see all of them on the dots. It was cool from a "tour of Westeros" perspective, but kinda underwhelming from a gameplay perspective.

#1854 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! Did you beat it or just get all the houses complete? I completed all the houses but then went into some other phase of the mode which I thought would be the near end of IT? But sounds like it's unbeatable then and those are victory laps per say?

The "all houses complete and victory laps" definition of "beat it". I was mainly wondering if the victory lap phase has an end to it, or it just loops after so many different scenes.

#1858 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hmmmmm I don't know if that's worth the pain of playing it

Get a load of the quote you hear if you "draw" (don't die, but don't kill your enemy).

#1897 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

has anyone drained on purpose on GOT yet? I was on ball 3 sitting on an extra ball with HOTK lit. I had already used my add a ball on that ball so I had to play HOTK naked. I drained on purpose, started it on my next ball and proceeded to have a 500 million HOTK when I normally only muster like 50-100 million.

I could never play HOTK naked or else I'd get ejected.

#1934 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nothing beats the Targaryan sound track

Targaryen III's sets the perfect "I'm going to kick Drogon's ass" mood, especially toward the middle as it builds up.

#1972 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure what happened or what I did. All I know is I was in the stark bonus round and was nailing shots left and right, glanced up to see where I was at on my shots and saw a 1.3 bil shot.
The question remains, does jamming out the first 4 shots + ram with speed increase the values of the stark bonus round? I hammered out those 5 shots in a matter of seconds. That's the only thing I could think of.
All I know is I was around 4 or 5 bil going into the mode and 9-10 bil coming out and I didn't even get out of the first bonus round.
I'm pretty sure I was playing as stark. Not sure if house stark gets a bonus in HOTK scoring.
I'll try to glass off reproduce it later this week.

I'm officially intrigued now, I must say. I know Stark can influence the scoring of WHC if you get there and nail the WIC hurryups leading up to it.

#1978 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure what happened or what I did. All I know is I was in the stark bonus round and was nailing shots left and right, glanced up to see where I was at on my shots and saw a 1.3 bil shot.
The question remains, does jamming out the first 4 shots + ram with speed increase the values of the stark bonus round? I hammered out those 5 shots in a matter of seconds. That's the only thing I could think of.
All I know is I was around 4 or 5 bil going into the mode and 9-10 bil coming out and I didn't even get out of the first bonus round.
I'm pretty sure I was playing as stark. Not sure if house stark gets a bonus in HOTK scoring.
I'll try to glass off reproduce it later this week.

4 shots + ram implies you couldn't have brought in Baratheon or Martell. I'm wondering how that 4 billion prior to HOTK came about - either *really* good multiballs prior to it, or maybe you beat Iron Throne and you're on the second pass through the game.

#1987 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I don't like the white flipper bats on the LE. But I am unsure what color would look the best there. Has anybody changed the stock ones?

The pro I play has these, which definitely look nice in person:

http://mezelmods.com/collections/game-of-thrones-pinball/products/sword-flipper-bats-set-of-two?variant=12177178372

1 week later
#2124 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

For most consistent scoring, I would recommend picking Martel as the add-a-ball feature is very important. Short plunge, drop the three Lord of the Light targets to get that lit. Once lit, shoot three center ramps and three spinner shots to get Greyjoy and Lannister both lit. Work your 3 Blackwater locks and start that multiball with a Lannister and Greyjoy stack. Ball one multiball is huge since you can only use the Martel add a ball once per ball. Make sure to pound on the playfield x shot and cash in on some big super jackpots. From there, try starting and finishing either Stark or Baratheon in order to start HOTK.
I have found that Wall MB isn't worth many points, so brining the blue mode (Tarjeyen sp??) in with that is probably the best way to go. Don't use add a ball with Wall MB as it's not worth it. Much higher value for HOTK and Blackwater MB.
Good luck!

Pretty much my strategy, but as far as consistency goes, I tend to get consistenly good scores with Tyrell. Flubbing Martell's mode two balls in a row is pretty painful.

#2127 8 years ago

Toss-up between Stark and Lannister. I've yet to have a >1B wall multiball, so maybe Baratheon too.

For match play, I prefer Tyrell. A ramp-target-ramp combo during Joust is usually good for 70M from the onset, assuming you use your powerup wisely. Safer points, really.

#2129 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

whats your high score average and top score?

My best is about 7.7B as Martell. I needed to use Martell's add a ball during HOTK which let me cash in a massive hurry-up that was over 4.5B alone. But that was the only time I was able to pull off a HOTK of that magnitude. An "average" game is usually around the 500-600M mark.

#2171 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! I got a 300M+ once, about shit myself. Think it was 5x pf with Tyrell (or greyjoy using Tyrell inlane).
Is the winter HS table reflective of your highest WIC hurry up? Or is it a stack of all WIC hurry ups?

Just your single largest hurryup.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You complete all the WIC hurry ups to start WHC multiball. Once that is completed how do you get more hurry ups to do it again?

You only need 4 WICs (not "all") to start WHC. But once you do play WHC, you actually cannot do any more WIC hurryups until you finish Iron Throne. So it's similar to HOTK in that you only get one shot at it until you hit Iron Throne.

#2176 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Greyjoy "steals" the ability of the house it defeats. So many people will beat Martell first, so they get the "add a ball" ability right away."
In all houses but 1, it takes additional shots to complete the houses in order to "balance" this power.
That is why you will see shots lit in both colors, green/purple for tyrell say, then addition shot/s lit only in purple, the Greyjoy "penalty shot/s."
EDIT: Greyjoy also starts with their house complete, giving an advantage in houses complete, but has a penalty for Hand of the King as I recall.

There's no specific penalty for HOTK. You are essentially forced to bring Greyjoy into it, but it's no different had you picked a different starting house and completed Greyjoy's mode prior to HOTK.

Greyjoy makes the big hurry-up take one fewer set to reach. Given that it's quite hard to reach to begin with, it's more of a benefit than a penalty if anything.

Finally, unless they changed this in recent code, completing Iron Throne is supposed to take away all your powerups, and you have to re-gain them back again. But I've never made it to Iron Throne as Greyjoy due to the now-fixed Targaryen bug.

#2205 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think another problem I have with this game is that's it's too easy to get to the wizard mode. Once I get to a wizard mode of a game, it usually sits there unplayed for months. There is a lot of strategy in GoT in picking your house. But that results in having a favorite house or two then it's just the same play steps after that.
I also get a decent amount of center ramp rejects off the left flipper. That definitely takes away from the fun. Maybe there's just something about my game in that regard though.

I tend to rotate between Martell, Tyrell and Greyjoy. Mostly Martell, but if I have enough games where that mode pisses me off, I'll take Tyrell or Greyjoy as a breather. If I'm practicing for a match-play tourney though, I'll want to focus on consistently good scores, and for my purposes, that's Tyrell.

#2206 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that would piss me off too.

You shaking that bad boy when it gets near the outlanes? Don't let it push you around!

The relative lightness of the pro makes the one I play on essentially super-sensitive. I have zero-to-tilted on many occasions that would be one warning max on any other recent Stern.

1 week later
#2353 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ha! Did that in qualifying at LAX. I remember thinking "hell yeah". Then thinking "Damn, wish I had some playfield multipliers going".

You probably did. I believe that award is just a 25m base value. It does, however, take your combined multipliers that made that shot into account, and what you see is the multiplied points.

#2374 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Yeesh, you guys must be playing a different game than me, or maybe I just suck at GoT?

When I hear "upper playfield" and "time extenders" from said playfield, it might as well be a different game from the Pro.

#2413 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

pretty sure default is once per game.

Which technically was supposed to have been the default at least one code revision ago.

#2441 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wouldn't mind the once per game rule so much if it occurred on the 3rd bank, not 1st, so it was a little more player controllable.

That, or maybe have it stay lit until you actually use it. Really frustrating to light it on ball 1 then go down the center a few seconds later.

#2517 8 years ago

I have a theory that perhaps the PAPA circuit finals game was not on the latest code anyway.

https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/v/59008075?t=03h39m09s - Keith gets the LoL from the drops.
https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/v/59008075?t=03h44m50s - LoL gets used, but very shortly gets re-lit from the drops.

I understand that in the latest code, one LoL from the drops per game is the default. Now I do know that you can change that setting in the operator menu, but I highly doubt it would intentionally be turned on an easier setting for a tournament among the top players in the world. The only other explanation is that it's the default behavior on earlier code -- and perhaps, just perhaps, it's a non-reproducable bug on 1.26. This is just speculation, and I could be proven wrong.

#2545 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

if the 4th and 5th house are completed at the same time with the same shot, it goes in order of the lights on the playfield:
Targaryen
Stark
Baratheon
Lannister
Greyjoy
Tyrell
Martell

Can confirm. I usually play as Martell, and whenever I manage to get a 5 house HOTK, that's usually the one that's always excluded. I think if you're clever enough to intentionally pull this off, you should get 5 houses' benefits.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The way I've always done it is to compete houses four and five during a mb as suggested above

You don't necessarily need to be in a MB. If you finish the 4th house, but still have the 5th houses' mode going on, you still have to beat (or time out) that other mode.

2 weeks later
#2726 8 years ago

For what it's worth, I really do like the Iron Throne mode music. You can hear it pretty clearly over the lack of callouts/sfx.

#2790 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

2 questions for the pros here:
1. Generally, I PASS on engaging battles until I have Blackwater Multiball ready. Is there any disadvantage to just engaging battles right away? Example: I can knock off Martell most easily - should I just take asap, or better to wait? I was thinking Lannister might also be a good one to attempt asap early as it does not seem to lose your progress if you fail to complete.
2. Is there any disadvantage to taking houses to battle one at a time, vs pairing them? Seems to make sense to pair houses with similar shots, essentially getting a 2-fer on some shots, correct?
Thanks!

1. I always shoot to get Lannister started with Blackwater MB. It's too freaking dangerous of a mode to start hacking away at it single-balled. The only times I play Lannister without multiball are: I'm just trying to finish off a few shots (I got the dangerous part out of the way), or if I'm having a crappy game and just need to start something at all. I've also been deferring Martell until later, simply because I hate flubbing that mode at the start of the game.
2. I almost always take Stark just by itself, simply because I'd rather focus all my effort on the center ramp to max it out. The only time I ever bring something else in is if it's something I can very easily finish off. Baratheon's actually not that bad because it has a generous timer. So I can start Stark+Baratheon, focus entirely on Stark first, then hit the left loop to finish off Stark and work into Baratheon. Also, if I'm exactly one house from HOTK and want to start it ASAP, I'll just choose the one house I want to finish off. If you were to pick two houses, you can't start HOTK until you get the other one out of the way too.

1 week later
#2827 7 years ago

Well, apparently, there is no limit to what can stack into Midnight Madness. I managed to trigger it during Iron Throne, of all things! And what made it even creepier was that I was already on my 2nd warning, so I feared that I might've super-tilted for one second before I realized what was up.

Yes, it stacks.

1 week later
#2944 7 years ago

Had a really odd Midnight Madness two nights ago. No, I wasn't on Iron Throne.

This was on 1.29. It started during what was probably going to be the end of my Blackwater multiball, and it was a relatively uneventful/unspectacular game otherwise. MM started up right in the middle of nowhere - that is: no going dark, draining balls, ringing the bell - just the DMD jumping straight to the Midnight Madness score tally and none of the flashing effects. My balls at that immediate point were already on the verge of draining. Basically, the game was just sitting there with no balls being kicked out or on the playfield, but Midnight Madness continuing. I wound up having to use my Martell add-a-ball just to get it to kick one ball before MM as usual.

2 months later
#3382 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Maybe the ability to access the mystery store while in a mode?
Also, I think more high dollar mystery award items would be good, like:
- add 1 extra tilt warning

If you're taking pages out of Dr. Dude's book, how about "delete the 4th place high score"?

On a slightly more serious note.. a version of Golden Hand that's not a sucker's purchase. I could get behind something like 10M onto your bonus instead of a measly 750k.

#3384 7 years ago

But I always thought The Button should do other things depending on what house you picked. The "cash in your multipliers" stuff is honestly never, ever worth it, and it degenerates into me telling a new player just to hit The Button when you drain for free points. I was thinking:

Stark - Instant credit for any WIC hurryup. Works once per set of WIC hurryups leading to WHC. Also can be used once per WHC to get instant credit for any shot. (I'd also add that the WIC hurryups should reset such that WHC is not just a "once-per-Iron-Throne" thing.)

Baratheon - Instant credit for any shot during Wall. Works once per Wall.

Lannister - Credit for all standups, granting you the gold and lighting mystery immediately (once per ball).

Tyrell - Max out combo multipliers for your next shot (once per ball).

Martell - Unchanged.

Greyjoy will incorporate all the above functionality. In the event you could theoretically collect 2 or more awards (e.g. a Wall jackpot and add-a-ball), you just get them both at once. The Button collects whatever it can, and perhaps the colors will pulse to indicate what you'll get when you hit it.

#3386 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's disappointing, there were so many great plot lines that would be better than "Save Marcella" for instance from this past season.

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.Just for her to die anyway. »

2 weeks later
#3413 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That is quite a feat. Haven't done it yet and gave it a good shot this weekend. I had one incredible game where I was literally 2 shots away from greyjoy IT. One shot to green targets to finish Tyrell, then one shot to center ramp. Needless to say, I choked hard on the green targets shot - I knew it was the last shot to complete Tyrell and light IT, and I got a little too much nerves and adrenalin flowing and went to control the ball on my right flipper from the sword lock instead of going for the right ramp on the fly and miffed it hard. Still had a blast on that game though, GOT definitely kicks ass! Needs another update to bring it altogether though, make it happen Dwight, we'll love you forever and not to egg you on even further, but TWD is currently sterns best coded game ever (IMO), but I honestly believe GOT has a chance at taking that crown

I had a new first last week... draining when IT was lit and ready to go. :\

Still not necessarily complaining after the 4B I managed on that game, particularly when I got used to how that particular machine was leaning. It made for easy battering of the ram.

#3419 7 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I just put my house on the market and as I was getting ready for the first showing this afternoon, I decided to take a break from making sure everything was just right to play a game. Sure enough when you have other things to do, I made it to IT for the first time. FINALLY! 3 ball, replay as Martell. Final score was 2,920,000 with an IT score of 783,500,000.

I'd love to pull off a -780,580,000 game one day.

1 week later
#3447 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Baratheon: if I want to push for a quick game of iron throne

Curious to hear your rationale on this. Not really sure how it helps making IT. Frankly, I have the best luck getting IT as Martell, since stacking modes with multiballs can give me that second wind to try to complete the mode during a MB.

#3485 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it does. It's easier to keep multipliers going and that's basically the only way to monster scores. Also, I have yet to play a premium or LE that has a consistently registering battering ram.

The pro I mostly play on has a pretty iffy ram, but that right ramp seems much easier to hit on a pro that it keeps the flow going for more combo X. It's actually pretty on-and-off, but it seems like it registers best with a slightly imperfect shot. Hitting it too well will just brick it and cause nothing to happen, which drastically screwed me over on one particular Iron Throne run.

There is another pro in the area with a super-responsive ram, but a rather strong lean to the right. Oh, and older code too. Apparently, getting a HOTK hurryup SJP will screw up your Stark bonus round shots... in future games, where you just have to get a normal HOTK SJP. Needless to say, despite the lean, I still managed a good chunk of 4-5 billion games. Then made IT on it later, and basically marked my territory on the scoreboard until they fix what's wrong with it.

1 week later
#3583 7 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Back to the Iron Throne!
So much for a quick game. LOL
I've ignored the machine for the last week while bringing an Eight Ball back to life. Played as Martell, factory settings, 3 ball, replay.
I believe I needed 2-3 shots to complete the last castle in the Iron Throne mode. I had one shot left and then, I imagine, the battering ram.
Has anyone in here completed Iron Throne?

Yep. « Spoiler! Click to reveal.And there's absolutely no callout or fanfare, so you'd honestly barely that know you did. But I do wonder how many of the minor cities you can go through, and what happens when *those* end? »

1 month later
#3772 7 years ago

Feels good to have finally cracked the eleven-digit barrier.

IMG_20161021_230336 (resized).jpgIMG_20161021_230336 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3818 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Damn son. Was that on location? Well done.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Heck yea well done! What house? And that better be location or you're gonna get an earful for having the factory translite still in

Yep, on location. House Martell. The game itself was a little bit of everything that could be high scoring: made it to the HOTK hurryup SJP with Stark rounds in between, did the Wall/WHC stack, and finished IT for ~3B (but lost quickly after starting the second phase).

#3819 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ghostbuster - I'm not aware of one. Would be nice to know if their was one though

GB is sort of a "make-your-own-super-skillshot". Have a solid ball 1 preferably rack up EBs, then hit the "+10% score" shot over and over (which is in addition to the standard +10% - 20% if additive, 21% if multiplicitive).

Quoted from 85vett:

TWD - Does it have a super skill shot?

Closest thing is just getting the max value for the rollovers. Most of the TWDs I've played on location have the ball bounce off the corner of that rail, screwing me out of any skill shot period.

1 week later
#3858 7 years ago

And to think one year ago when the LE was unveiled at Chicago Expo, getting *one* billion was a big deal. Impressive progression.

1 month later
#3899 7 years ago

A tiny bit of bad news: you cannot stack WHC with Iron Throne. Even though it seems possible, since you can start the hurryup before starting Iron Throne, if you attempt to collect it during Iron Throne, it'll do nothing until it eventually times out on its own, then it's Iron Throne as usual. But what an awesome stack that would be...

#3917 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Still very impressive that you actually got that set up.

To be fair, it wasn't intentional, but when I realized I was one away from WHC, and the fact that I had Iron Throne lit on ball 2 (meaning I could afford one stupid drain), I figured I had to try it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornycrunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.