Topic Stats

• 6,321 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 772 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Sweet I love 6 ball machines

I remember you told me at Pintastic, "The more balls, the better." But I didn't think you were talking about the games.

Pintastic New England, everybody. Great show. (And a free advertisement from The Boob.)

#251 4 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I think from what I have seen in photos and video. The GOT Pro has the Best translite. As a fan of the HBO show. I like that most of the main characters I have seen in the series are pictured on the Pro model . What do you not like about the translite ?

Horrible Photoshop job. People on Pinside are always clamoring for hand drawn art. You get it on the LE translite and cabinet. I don't mind the characters on that translite (I'm a Daenerys fan) and hey!...more dragons.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is my LE ready yet?

They're working on mine now. They're storing the parts they need to assemble mine on top of your machine.

1 week later
#368 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I was amazed how much better it looks in person. Not even close to as ugly as we all thought. The sideart is not that great though.

It is on the LE.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

ok, first of all. Lets remember this is just my opinion. No one has to agree with me. I went to go play the GoT Pro after work and shortly after my wife came to play as well. My wife is a HUGE Game of Thrones fan, she reads all the books and is glued to the tv when we watch.
Both my wife and my overall impression was "This is a piece of shit". My wife said, "who ever made this knows nothing about Game of Thrones". It feels cheap, sounds cheap and looks like something you would find at Toy's-R-Us next to a Zizzle. But hey, if you like it that's your opinion man!
Granted, I do think the LE has far more potential with it's upper playfield etc. But as for the Pro... no thanks. I had more fun playing the Swords of Fury that was next to GoT and it was beat to death.
edit: As for "my opinion" I just have different taste when it comes to pinball. A sort of check list and GoT failed that list. If you like the machine... that is your opinion. Let the rest of us have our own opinion as well.

I totally respect your wrong opinion.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I totally respect your wrong opinion.

And I totally respect your wrong opinion.

Is there an echo in here?

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im curious what yours and your wife's interpretation of the show is vs the pin? Did you guys expect nudity, whores, and sex? cause despite popular belief, GOT is not about this. It's about money & the balance of power which from what ive read, the game does a good integration of. But i still have not seen or played one so take that as you will; just wondering what they missed as far as theme integration goes.

I think the lack of imps is what did them in.

#406 4 years ago

My wife's awesome. Way better than yours.

#408 4 years ago

I think he is so drunk he cant even read. Where is he getting this shit from? Now he is PM'ing me. Whats this guys problem?

He lives in Wyoming.

#416 4 years ago

I feel bad for his butt, sorry butt. But lets get back on topic. I did say at the end of my negative opinion.... The LE still holds potential. Just in case I hurt future butt's. It is just one dudes opinion. Dont let my stupid butt hurt your butt people. Enjoy your game...

Well, I'm getting an LE, and if you diss it, you're toast.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I love
thumbs down.
none of you live in WYO and understand the west

I do. Beautiful state, and I loved my visit there. And I thought it was really cool when big flyin' saucers landed by Devil's Tower.

#427 4 years ago

BOOYAH!!!

#460 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. Pro. LEs I heard xmas or after.

And I heard first two weeks of December.

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

yeah it shoots great and has nice flow. But it's still so damn ugly.

BTW...I was thumbs-upping this quote only for the pro version. The others look better.

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I was told my LE would ship next week!

And I was told, "Don't tell Banker, but he thinks he's getting his machine next week. We're actually shipping it to you."

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Borg is definitely #1.

And this guy agrees. Hell, he even sings Borg's name in his theme song...

Swedish_poser.jpg

2 weeks later
#560 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I think the lights is what makes got kick ass

...among quite a few other things.

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Even getting to iron hand. I Didn't know that it takes defeating 4 houses and then it starts.

Well...I was with you until this point. It's written right on the playfield.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Anyone else had these problems?
Game seems fun, though.

Yes, and yes.

#590 4 years ago

Really??? Damn I should really look at things like that before I play.

Really.

20151219_134150_resized.jpg

#597 4 years ago

Don't know how you can sell a game when the code is still in its infancy.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I got to the Iron Throne tonight. About 2 billion in scoring. I had all the houses flashing on ball one, then started knocking them out, two at a time. After 4 tries got the dragon house finished which was the final house to the Iron Throne.

Bastard.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I sold my KISS and have not looked back. I want to see KISS get better, but in the meantime I like having GoT instead of KISS.
Rob

But that one's not getting better. So...you know...good call.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This isn't your typical stern release with a 2 year code cycle. The codes about done. It's definitely not in its infancy.

Has to be. It's version--what?--1.01 or something for the LE? There's stuff that's not even implemented well yet (like collecting castles or the upper playfield). And the callouts are ridiculously redundant (as are the clips). There's gotta be quite a bit more. The pro may be pretty well fleshed out, but no way the LE is nearly done.

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Version numbers don't mean anything at all. In fact, it probably differs wildly based on which developer is leading the project. I wouldn't expect more callouts. I'm not sure what isn't done on the upper pf, but the rules are all in and the wizard mode is done. Maybe be some super small changes coming. But I would consider this one mostly done as is with minor improvements - definitely not in its infancy.

Well, in that case, I'll have an LE for sale sometime in the next 6 months.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Shots are just too safe on the pro. It's a 180 to the layouts of TWD and MET and is going to get boring for a lot of players with excessive game times. Theme is decent as are the rules, just a boring and safe layout. I don't see how this changes with the Prem/LE. The one I play on location may just be set up to easily but I've put up 3+ billion without really understanding the more nuanced parts of the rules, seems almost early ST code.

Well, I'm not a terrible player by any means, but ball times are pretty short on the LE. Those gold targets almost always shoot the ball SDTM, and I've had many times when the sling bounces the ball right to the outlane. Brutal game...and that's before the ball dribbles out of a bricked lock shot or battering ram.

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is there a reason to shoot those outside of a MB?

Yes. When you were aiming for a ramp or orbit...and missed.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Well, the most obvious answer is a missed shot!

Crap. Just saw your post. I hate when I'm late!

#635 4 years ago

I changed them to the middle setting (which is where I put all my machines). Makes no difference. Those outlanes still seem a mile wide when you play the game. Try changing them and see what I mean. Your scores won't go up, trust me...

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I am not one of those players myself, but the problem is that you don't need a firm grasp from what I can tell. My friend tried the Pro (at Button Mash if you're in LA) for the first time, he told me he walked away with two free games left, he just got bored. He's a lot more of an accurate shot than I am though. Just not enough risk for good players.
This is why Keith Elwin is putting up 22 billion scores.
Not sure how you fix that in code. Might just be a better causal player game than good player game.

On the LE, I find the shots pretty tough...especially on the upper playfield. It's amazing how precise you have to be with slim targets that are only 8 inches away. Every time I think I've mastered a shot, I end up shooting it down the drain hole instead of hitting a target. This is by no means the easiest game I own (that award still goes to Congo).

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you sure? Haven't played the LE but Pro times are long. I ASSume LE would only get longer with upper PF?

Well...I guess you nailed it, then. I suck.

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was trying to get Iron Throne all day yesterday and didn't even come close, haha. Also, have you gotten iron throne as Greyjoy? I think that will be really tough to do. I couldn't even get close to Hand of the King using Greyjoy as my house.

And I couldn't get close using any other house.

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Played LE for the first time today and wow, lighting is awesome!
So is this a must have prem/LE pin or is pro sufficient?

What's your wallet tell you? If you can swing a prem/LE, definitely go for it. If not, get the pro. Both great games.

#742 4 years ago

Dear God, no. I haven't even made it to HOTK yet. Will all of you please shut the f**k UP???

#751 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Airballs. Let's chat about airballs for a moment.
image_(resized).jpg
That is the little "house" over the battering ram on my pro. And if you look closely you can see a ball inside of it on the left side. It went in at the top right.
After this I replaced the flipper rubber with PBL Silicone rubber, but I seem to be getting more and more airballs.
Is anyone else seeing this? And if so, how have you helped it. It is almost always a missed ramp or out of the dragon followed by a shot on the fly. I've had two balls during a Multiball hit each other in the middle and because one was in the air it hit the other and went straight up into the glass. Kind of getting worried about breaking things now.

Hey, Dave...I just posted on the LE thread that I'm having balls hit the plastic protector on that right ramp and fall back down (which is a very similar ramp, I think), and now that you mention it, I think it happens more since I put superbands on. This might be the first machine I have to play with standard rubbers. (But to me, that's a design flaw...)

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More to come after I get my game and I can really sink my teeth into it.

I hope you have a good dentist.

#762 4 years ago

Bart and Tyrell are the easiest to hit in multiball but risky as the balls are not controlled

Bart_Simpson_200px_(resized).png

(Looks like he's got pretty good control of his balls.)

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am curious does any buddy's ball go all the way around when you shoot the left orbit. I played a LE on location and the ball did not make it the whole way around. The ball always went into the pops. The ball reacts the same way In all the gameplay videos I have seen too.

Unfortunately, yes. I believe it does. I'm pretty sure I've had the ball shoot out the right orbit and drain because I wasn't expecting it. Worse is the right orbit shot that sometimes goes to the pops, sometimes to the wall elevator, and sometimes shoots around the left orbit...

...and drains.

(Now you're going to make me go play a game just to be sure...)

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Unfortunately, yes. I believe it does. I'm pretty sure I've had the ball shoot out the right orbit and drain because I wasn't expecting it. Worse is the right orbit shot that sometimes goes to the pops, sometimes to the wall elevator, and sometimes shoots around the left orbit...
...and drains.
(Now you're going to make me go play a game just to be sure...)

Okay...I stand corrected. Looks like there's a one-way gate on the right orbit diverter that only allows passage of the ball from the right orbit all the way around. Every time I hit the left orbit, it fell into the pops because it hit that gate, so I think that's normal (the gate on the left of the pops--the one the ball sometimes hangs up on--is a left-to-right gate, from what I can tell.)

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

No you just suck as a player

That does it. Glory hole booth at Pintastic is officially cancelled.

100% the ball can make it all the way around in both directions

Then what Gabe said above is true...or my machine is borked like PinballPal's.

#784 4 years ago

They were on my LE.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Well, I played the LE today and I am really torn. I like the pro so much it has intrigued me to check out the premium. I really liked the mini playfield but, I do feel like the pro is absolutely faster and more intense in many situations. I played quite a few games on the LE and now at home playing the pro trying to decide if I would want to sell the pro to get the premium. I am leaning toward it but, have not fully decided yet. I think this is probably the best pro version from stern to date. Both are great games for sure.

Having played the LE, do you now feel like you're missing something now with the pro? I would think if I never knew what the LE/premium was like, the pro would still be an amazing game. But having played it, I'd be like, "Well, if you put it THAT way..."

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Yes, I absolutely enjoy playing the pro. But getting home here and having no mini playfield makes me feel like I don't have the whole game though it plays just awesome and again, faster than the premium.

I totally get that, and understand...thanks. That's why I was asking. I have a feeling when I finally do play a pro, I'll be asking, "Where the hell's the rest of it?"

1 week later
#924 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Is GOT LE worth buying?
I'm really thinking about, but am not over the edge yet.
The price is a little high.
Thx for any help spending or saving

It's a really hard game with really deep code. Not leaving my collection for a while, and in fact am considering selling my LOTR because I don't even miss not playing it anymore. How much middle-earth fantasy stuff can you have in a small collection?

I hated it the first day I played it...but quickly realized it was just because it's such a tough game and I suck. The better you get at it, the better the game gets. Glad I bought it, and highly recommended.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from Rudy68:

Recently I've played the LE for a bit longer. Love the game and the mini playfield makes the game more complete in my opinion, like the designer had it in mind.

He did. The pro is a stripped down version of the original design.

#1007 4 years ago

I noticed that when the ball goes down the first top lane, it lights up white. When you change lanes, and the ball goes down another lane, it'll light blue to let you know you've lit both lanes. That's really the only way to know you've lit both. But you have to get a feel for hitting the flipper buttons to see what's lit back there. It's as frustrating as the AC/DC cannon blocking the right inlane/outlane, but you can work your way around it using the light colors.

#1016 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Whos ordering the topper ? I knows its expensive but i bit the bullet and orderd

Moi. Because I'm an idiot.

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I rarely pass because even if you play one mode at a time, you can get big points from the mode of you're making calculated shots.

I actually try to light all the houses first and get BFTW multiball lined up. Sometimes I'll battle Stark just to get it out of the way. But it's annoying, because when I do that, I invariably hit the Castle Black shot over and over (which you don't need for that battle), but can't do it at all when I'm trying to light Targaryen. That's the most frustrating part of this game. I simply can't hit the shots when the pressure's on...but when I don't need it, I can do it all day.

BTW...do you have to actually battle the house you chose? And how much sense does THAT make? Shouldn't you have to defeat 6 houses, and not your own?

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My head hurts trying to understand this game. It's clearly made for chess players and mathematicians. I just can't follow it at all. Then again, the show confuses me too and I need my girlfriend to explain who's who and what's what half the time.

...and really, when it comes right down to it, not enough farting jokes. Am I right?

1 week later
#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I happen to be playing at midnight the other night holy shit flippers went dead then all hell broke loose 6 ball multiball machine went crazy!!!!!!!! Make sure to set your clock enjoy my fellow goters

I'm old. My machine thinks it's midnight when it's only 8 o'clock.

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah!!! It's midnight at 9pm in my game room
I forgot all about it and last night it happened and I was like Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge my board just took a dump.

Yeah...I never know if midnight madness is starting, or if I blew another node 8 board (just blew my second one), or at my age if I'm having a stroke. And that suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

LE/PREMIUM V1.22 - January 26, 2016
===================================
New:
- Added ORBITS test to DIAGNOSTICS menu.
Allows testing of left and right orbit action outside
of gameplay.
Fixes:
- Fixed an issue introduced in v1.20 in which the flipper power
would be turned off for 1 second under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in which the code on the topper node board was
not getting updated under certain conditions.
- Added topper effects.
Tweaks:
- Upper flipper - decreased flip power, increased hold power.

Oh, thank God...

Nice to know the blackouts weren't the node 8 board after all...maybe.

#1277 3 years ago

Okay, so I installed my topper and the latest code tonight. This game is absolutely fantastic, and gets better and better. (And that's not the honeymoon talking...) The node 8 failures I was having are code-related, as it turns out, since the flippers blacking out momentarily is addressed in the code update, and my machine works fine now. All I have to do is install all the goodies Capguntrooper sent me (thanks, Cap!) and fix the target/ramp ball launch problem, and this machine will be a masterpiece.

And remember everybody saying this machine was a dog to look at? I have to disagree now. When the whole package is lit up, it's a beautiful thing. Not Hobbit beautiful, you understand...but still beautiful.

20160201_181948_resized_(resized).jpg

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

if you didn't spend $500 on that topper you might

No...I never thought it was as awful as everybody said. The playfield art was a dog when it was first revealed, but when the lighting is on, somehow it all just WORKS. When the topper is on and the dragon interacts with the game, it works even better. Simply awesome.

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Topper - could be cool...
@BEELZEBOOB - looks great, congrats!
But height is limited in my basement. I cannot find any details about the height of the topper. Since it will be pretty close... does anybody have numbers?

The dragon faces down, so his tail sticks up in the air. The tail is about 8 inches from the top of the backbox, and his wings are around 7 inches from the top.

Auf Deutsch: 20 cm und 18 cm.

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

IT seems with the code update and hearing stern is probably working on an orbit fix this game really is shaping up to be one of the best. it is very addicting. Having had the pro and now the premium I can attest that they are both great games. This title can simply come down to what you want to spend. They are both extremely fun and addicting. I do like the mini play field and how it is implemented. I also like the uber fast and flowy pro. Large collections and wallets could really own both games side by side and not want to sell either. I look forward to seeing that photo on pinside.

So...you're keeping it?

#1297 3 years ago

Awesome topper. I'm glad I got one...it adds yet another dimension of interactivity to the game. Great stuff.

#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Do you even notice it when you are playing?

Actually, yes. And it's distracting, too. When the dragon starts flapping it's wings, the spotlight goes on it, so I look up to bask in its coolness...

...and drain my ball.

#1354 3 years ago

1.22 should have fixed that problem. I had that happen, and initially they thought it was the node 8 board. I replaced the board and it still happened until the 1.22 update. Sounds like you actually do have a bad node 8 board. I'd call Chas at Stern and let him know (then he'll make you order it through your distro...I love that system (NOT!)).

#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from MartyFnMcfly:

Thanks for the help. I just submitted a tech support request on the Stern website. We never had this issue until 2 days after the 1.22 update.

I would call. I submitted a request and didn't hear back for days. Don't even bother with voice mail. Call until you get a human being on the phone.

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well my shaker just got here so that will be a nice addition!
How do we make this thread the official GOT club thread?

Already a LE/Premium thread...this one can be for the pro, though.

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Sorry...but that's dumb (IMHO) one club for one title. This thread has covered EVERYTHING GOT not just the pro. It's also the biggest GOT thread on pinside.
For Star Trek we have an official club that covers ALL of the Star Trek games ever made.......then there is a separate club just for STTNG.

No need to get snippy...I was trying to avoid orphaned threads (which drive me nuts).

Good day to you, sir!

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I can change them title no problem
But we have to ask a mod to move it's sub forum.
What do you want the title changed to?

Daenerys's Den: The GOT Owner's Club

Or you can use the Fire & Blood one from the other thread. Or whatever the hell YOU want it to be. It's your thread!

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, it is time for me to set this bad boy up and get to playing!!!
image_(resized).jpg

???

I thought you've been "playing" with PavBall for a while now.

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright, another issue I'm having (now that the shaker issue is fixed), and this one is weird:
I have about one second to select a house when the first player starts, then it auto selects. No switch is triggering that I can tell (no points register), if I'm quick enough I can change from Stark to Baratheon.
Anyone else have this issue? What's the fix?
Thanks.

You've got a switch triggering somewhere on the playfield. The usual culprits are on the upper PF--that switch behind the right and left rubbers and in my case, the center target. Do a switch matrix test and fire both flippers to see what else lights up on the matrix. That's your culprit.

#1549 3 years ago

More to do on the premium/LE. But both are great games.

#1619 3 years ago

#1685 3 years ago

I wish I could speak French as well as Colonel Caverne speaks English. And since I can't, I don't criticize. That's kind of harsh, I think.

#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Here is an installed pic of the Targaryen speaker inserts. They are shown with gold speaker grills to contrast nicely with the black dragons. Also shown with a "winter is coming" speaker panel decal also available on http://www.modfatherpinball.com

speaker_grill_dragon1_(resized).jpg

Order placed. Nice job on these!

1 week later
#1924 3 years ago

You're wrong.

The themes change with different modes, then returns to the main theme, which is so awesome I haven't gotten tired of it yet. Don't let that stop you from getting the machine. It's great.

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So I've freed up some cash and I'm seriously considering GOT. My last stern purchase was STLE. I almost made the mistake of selling it before the code was finished. Thankfully I didn't and now it has become a staple pin in my collection. I feel like GOT is that kind of a pin.So do I get an LE or a Premium? There are a few LE's still out there. Not fond of the price but I like the artwork/colors better than the premium. Sitting on the fence sucks,someone help push me off.

I thought you were going to push me off a cliff so you could have mine?

I guess my opinion doesn't matter. *sigh* Just get the LE for God's sake. When they're gone, you wish you'd had one. You can always sell and get a premium down the road if you want to.

#1980 3 years ago

I did this already for another Pinsider so I know the answer: 8 inches to the top of his tail in back. But that moves and can be smooshed down a bit. You definitely need 7" from the top of the machine to your ceiling.

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I have 9" to the ceiling. Damnit was hoping it would not fit so I'm tempted to spend $500. Thanks for the info.

I feel your pain, but I can assure you it's worth every penny.

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Now to get it inside and tweak it.

Well...there goes your weekend.

I've had mine for almost 3 months, and I'm STILL tweaking it. Great game...enjoy!

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree with Astro, but I want to find these forgiving POTCs you're playing haha. I get beat up on that game all the time.

They're both Dwight Sullivan games, of course, and I'm thinking that sadistic SOB has something to do with the stand up targets on both games that send the ball SDTM. Both games punish you for missing a shot, and both are brutal...but GOT is more so.

#2079 3 years ago

So is this what's been causing my issue of the ball sometimes going all the way around the orbit when mystery or extra ball is lit? Really frustrating when you make the shot...only to see the ball dribble down the left orbit.

#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Yeah I'm sick of all the BS people talk about the art and how they were totally off on this theme. Sure the art needs help but code and gameplay is where this game will shine. You don't play the art people!

I must be high, but I like the art on this game, and I'm really hating the art on GB (but I'm not a big fan of the theme, either). And nobody is complaining about the boring rails on the LE, when everybody was ripping on the GOT LE's rails and how they didn't light up.

An incredible double standard on Pinside. If I had time I'd cull all the hypocrisy into one thread to show how dumb people can be.

And PS - Nobody can tell me the GB backglass is better than GOT LE...

2 weeks later
#2321 3 years ago

My wife and I both played the pro at TPF. She said, "I miss the upper playfield...it's so boring without it." I agree. I think if you're used to the premium/LE, you can't really warm up to the pro. If the pro is all you know, the premium/LE feels wrong (or worse) somehow to you.

Both great games, but both VERY different!

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Here's my sign that Thrones is taking all of my time and I'm neglecting my other pins. I smack a bare lockdown bar every time the ball drains on my other games and I tried turning on Spider-man this morning by reaching under the right side of the backbox I'd love to kick whomever thought that change up right in the balls.
That said, I can't get enough of this game!

How true. I did that on IJ as the ball drained and my wife asked me what the hell I was doing. When I told her she looked at me like I was a total loser, but I'm pretty sure she does the same thing.

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Yeesh, you guys must be playing a different game than me, or maybe I just suck at GoT?

The bad news: It's probably you.
The good news: You're not alone.

We should start a club.

1 week later
#2582 3 years ago

I've gotta say, as an owner of an LE who loves the stock translite, that's the ONLY alternate translite I'd swap it out for. Absolutely gorgeous.

#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Yes that hand drawn one, although nice, doesn't match the rest of the game. This one does. Originally found it on eBay and come to find out the guy who makes them is a local here in CO. Highly recommended, guy owns his own sign shop, I drove and bought it from him hot off the printer.

John Hanson?

1 week later
#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Played an LE recently with two pretty constant design issues. The loops rarely make it around and the right ramp flies off regularly from the left flipper and doesn't complete the shot to the upper PF. I've read a lot about the loop issue. Anything in the works for the ramp problem?
Also, does the pro version have these issues?
Thanks.

The ramp fix is an easy one. You just have to put spacers under the front of the shield that covers it. Problem solved.

Capguntrooper's fix for the orbit issue works wonderfully...but I have a diverter issue I have to tinker with now. I'm...almost...there...

#2702 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Finally made it to Iron Throne last night. Gotta say it was a major let down. Mode design was OK but their were no callouts and practically no animations at all. Hopefully something more will be put in there in the next update as HOTK felt much more polished. Still love the game but would be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed in that mode.

Phew! Glad I'll never see it!

#2751 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Capgunner from the orbit fix thread sells them. If memory serves me correctly they are 10 shipped.

He's currently in Afghanistan serving our country and won't be back until 2017.

3 weeks later
#2975 3 years ago

I think the NIB LEs are sold out by now, no?

2 weeks later
#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well gents, I just blew it the f*ck up! Two stark bonus rounds + a super hurry up jp. Here's my Martell scores. Taking a break for awhile to prep some bbq'ing for the day. Happy Memorial Day.
Martell:
Game 1: 707,402,580
Game 2: 3,544,911,140
Game 3: 565,752,070
Game 4: 6,267,718,550

Pfft! Scores on the pro are SO artificially inflated.

1 week later
#3164 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Am I the only one who disables video mode?

Does it count if I just never choose to play it?

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Finally, I get the vibe that this game was crushed under the weight of its hype--and that hype has moved onto Ghostbusters where those who worked themselves into a frenzy are now just as underwhelmed because that game is too hard for them. Social media and Twitch seem to be leading to information and hype over-consumption to the point where no machine will ever fully please the masses. I can't imagine TZ or TAF not suffering the same fate if they were released today.

Amen, brother. GOT is a great game, and that's not just my love of the show talking.

2 weeks later
#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Easy fellas. I haven't seen the episode yet. Also, Chris if I remember correctly you listen to dub step when playing in tournaments. My monster score at home last night was while I was bumping dub step in my basement. I think you may be onto something there. Haha

Don't worry...they've been (pretty) cryptic about what they're saying. You've had nothing spoiled.

#3253 3 years ago

Right. And you have to hit the super jackpots over and over, hopefully after building up wildfire.

#3282 3 years ago

I wish I could take ANY house into HOTK. I've only gotten there once and didn't know WTF I was doing.

#3286 3 years ago

I also play as Greyjoy...which is harder. Then I light Martell, and then I just try to light a bunch of houses (battling Lannister when I start BWMB). But...you know...it's not an easy game.

#3288 3 years ago

I just do Lannister during the multiball because it's such a pain in the ass to do with only one ball.

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, If you want some HOTK action you've got to stop playing as Greyjoy for a little while!
This actually got me thinking what could be the easiest path to HOTK, forgoing score, MB, etc.
I would say play as Baratheon. Start Baratheon. Shoot one spinner, one dragon shot, one drop target shot. Baratheon complete.
Shoot some right ramps to qualify Stark. Start Stark. Shoot 2 or 3 center ramps, then spinner. Stark complete.
Backhand the spinner a few times to qualify Greyjoy. Start Greyjoy. Shoot the five major shots. Greyjoy complete.
Shoot the right orbit a few times to qualify Martell. Start Martell. Shoot either orbit 3 times, followed by the center ramp. That last shot will not only complete Martell, but also start HOTK.

You, sir, overestimate my skills.

#3295 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, so I just tried this on two games in a row. I got one part wrong. Scratch the whole part about Martell. I forgot that with all the center ramps, Lannister is gonna qualify itself. Take Greyjoy and Lannister into whichever MB you happen to start. Both games I had HOTK started by 2nd ball. First game 1.1bil, 2nd game 1.6 bil. This could be a decent little alternate strategy for match play!

Oh. So it's YOUR fault that I never reach HOTK.

2 weeks later
#3388 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.

How'd you do that? That was really fun!

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You ruined it anyway you boob!

SO sorry...just saw that.

I fixed it.

4 weeks later
#3502 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Don't worry, when you hit 40 you don't have hangovers anymore. Unfortunately, you can't hang as long either

Looking on the bright side, when you hit 50, there's one thing that hangs much longer than it ever did.

#3511 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I wasn't the original purchaser and went to the distro who sold it (Automated in CT). Mike Sedona didn't give me that option, even though I thought that's how it should be handled.

Who's Mike Sedona?

#3515 3 years ago

That's my point. I think he heard the name wrong.

I was trying to be gentle.

#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Yep. « Spoiler! Click to reveal. »

A tutorial, please, on how to do this click to read thing. It's pretty cool.

#3592 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.Remove the space between the word 'spoiler' and the brackets. < spoiler >< /spoiler > »

Spoiler! I still don't know WTF I'm doing...

3 months later
#3908 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Question for fellow owners:
On my Pro, the GI leds in the return lane area flicker/go on and off quite often. It must be caused by the sockets and bulbs being pressed up against the lane guard plastic and the bulbs not making good contact. Usually hitting the flipper button on whichever side is misbehaving will cause enough vibration to make the light kick back on, or off again lol.
The socket bases are underneath the flipper mounting plates. I've tried messing with them a bit (without screwing around with the plates), but can't keep them solid working. Anyone else have this problem and resolve?

Call Stern and get your node 8 board replaced. The early versions were a little wonky...I had to replace mine. The most obvious symptom was problems with the lower GI, and sometimes power to the flippers cut out completely for a couple seconds.

EDIT...just saw yours is a pro. Mine is an LE...might be different.

#3911 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

On my Pro, the GI leds in the return lane area flicker/go on and off quite often. It must be caused by the sockets and bulbs being pressed up against the lane guard plastic and the bulbs not making good contact. Usually hitting the flipper button on whichever side is misbehaving will cause enough vibration to make the light kick back on, or off again lol.

I read this part of your post as the lower GI going in and out, and happening with the flippers. This was the behavior with the bad node boards. If you've tinkered with the contacts and socket positions to no avail, I'd look into the node board issue if nothing else seems to help. There are only a few things that could cause that.

#3919 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

It is my understanding that the penny pinchers at stern removed the upper playfield from S.R original design. So basically the pro is not what S.R. wanted but it did work out better.

No it didn't. Feels like half the game is missing every time I play it.

#3924 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Not at all, just a big chunk of stuff obstructing the view is gone, making the game much more playable and fun

You ought to cut away your playfields wherever you have a subway. Once that stuff obstructing the view is gone, it'll make the game much more enjoyable and fun.

In all seriousness, I don't have to see the ball at all times if there's no benefit to be gained by seeing it. The only thing blocking the ball is the upper playfield, and there's nothing going on but orbit underneath it. As opposed to WOZ, where the castle playfield is fine (same principle), but the munchkinland playfield blocks your view of the ball rolling out and you have a split second to use the upper flipper effectively.

Of course, the pro has much better flow because there's nothing there to stop the ball. Next time I'm selling a bare playfield and flippers, I'll keep you in mind.

1 week later
#3987 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

For some reason I just can't get too far into this game, I bricked a lot of shots and just couldn't get a flow and rhythm - mostly on the LE. A friend just picked up a pro so I'll have to see how much different the game play is on that. I never watched any GOT so I have no idea how the theme relates to the game so I'm basically coming into it with an outsider perspective.

THANK YOU! I'm getting so frustrated reading all these posts. I've got an LE, and it's a good game for me if I defeat two houses and light 4 or 5. Every now and again I'll get castle multiball, but have no idea what I'm supposed to shoot for on that. It's rare for me to break a billion, and the way the ball comes off my slings is brutal...almost always drains.

So here's a big question: I know I don't suck THAT bad, so I'm wondering if changing the pitch will help. What angle are most of you playing your games at? I think I have to play with it a degree in either direction to see if it helps...I HATE narrowing the outlanes. It makes me feel so dirty.

#3989 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't have anything that can measure the pitch but my bubble is hugging the top line of the level that's in my game. Haha

Well in that case, maybe I'll just put the back legs on a stack of my stepdaughter's books that she doesn't know how to read.

#3993 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you ignore the modes you're gonna have less than 100 million going into HOTK and like 300 million going into IT. Haha.
But seriously the real key to the game is consistently keeping your shots multiplied through the combo multipliers and pf multipliers. My biggest scores have come from having all shots in the game multiplied by 5-25x for most of the game. If you're doing that, you'll start to see the 700-800 million Martell modes or 800 million targaryean modes, or 500 million Baratheon modes, or billion stark modes.

You know...the wise-ass side of me wants to say that you spend WAY too much time playing this game and you should probably find a hobby. But then I realize that playing this game IS your hobby, and because you know every goddamn thing about it, we all benefit from your knowledge. So thanks for that. But I'd still really appreciate it if you didn't make me feel like shit posting every epic score you get - it makes my boys shrink up and run inside to play.

#3999 3 years ago

The good news: Thanks to Chuck's (and Eskaybee's) strategy tips, I just had a 1.7 billion game (I know, I know...a bad game for the rest of you guys).

The bad news: My wife asked me about strategy, I told her, and she kicked my ass in the second game. She LOVES GOT now!

2 weeks later
#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey everyone. I'm about to swap games with a friend for a while. He's getting GOT and I'm getting his TWD prem. I will still get to play it in my monthly tournaments but not so much at home for a few months.
GOT kicks ass, but can't pass up the opportunity to really attack TWD and experience some of those awesome wizard modes!

You'll take it back in a week or two.

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

When I lubed up my ram

#4080 3 years ago

Can't believe it. I keep GOT on all weekend and play a game at least once an hour. I've only been to HOTK once. Today I defeated 4 houses and had the arrow lit to start HOTK. The ball drained, Lazarus'ed back up to the tip of my right flipper, I flipped it to the left post and down the left outlane. F...M...L...

And btw...the guys that say the upper playfield adds nothing don't know what they're talking about. I spend a lot of time up there collecting castles, extending time, and working my way to castle multiball. I love this f**king game...but I want to beat it to a pulp with a baseball bat.

3 weeks later
#4150 2 years ago

Every time I see it, I still think that stag is trying to mount the wolf on the upper left of the apron. Looks like one of those nature movies...

2 weeks later
#4180 2 years ago

Got to HOTK for only the second time tonight (FML...) and I hit every white shot except for the right orbit which stayed lit after hitting it two or three times, so I couldn't complete it. What's up with that? What determines how many times you have to hit each shot?

#4182 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you bring Martell into HOTK you have to hit every shot twice. So you would have to hit it twice. Did you happen to hit it as other balls were being auto launched? If so the switch turns off for a second or two while balls are being served.
If you were trapped up and shooting that shot, then it should go out with at most two shots to it. If it didn't go out after that, you have a switch or something that isn't registering.

I was playing as Martell, so that factors in. Not sure about the autofire, but I haven't noticed any switch problems on that side at any other time. I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks very much!

On a related note, how tough is it to hit that one ramp shot--usually the easiest shot--when the HOTK arrows are flashing in there and everything else is dark? Becomes the toughest shot in the game...

2 weeks later
#4264 2 years ago

I love the discussion in this thread about getting to Iron Throne. I think my wiener shrinks an inch every time I hear it. And I've heard it twice, so now my wiener is gone and I'll be forced to use transgender bathrooms.

But I've also noticed that the people talking about it seem to all own pros. Is there anybody here who has gotten Iron Throne that has a premium or LE? Because I've only gotten HOTK twice since I got the damn thing in 2015. I didn't think I sucked THAT bad...

#4266 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Mine is LE. I think it's easier because you can kick Drogon's butt in upper PF

WRONG ANSWER!!!

#4278 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

If anybody needs to add the actual show to their iTunes collection, I have seasons 2-5 available. Thinking $10 per season as they are about $40 in iTunes. PM me if interested.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

I killed the thread. Sorry!

Yep. It's just you and me. And truth be told, I said to myself that once guys in Missouri start posting ads for pirated downloads of GOT, the whole thread has pretty much gone to hell. So I was going to drain it, but figured I'd hang around in case any anti-GOT trolls starting firing things up again.

I'm so lonely.

#4282 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah right I've rolled this stupid game 100 times.

...on your crappy hand truck.

#4284 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What the hell man? You don't know my hand truck. It moves a STTNG like its a firepower.

Dude...you're losing it. That IS a Firepower.

#4288 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Um, these aren't pirated. When you buy a blu-ray these days, it frequently includes a slip with a "digital copy" code which you redeem on iTunes or Vudu. That's what this is. 100% legit. Once you redeem, you can stream it on your Apple TV, iPad, etc. Pic attached so you can see what I mean.

I was kidding! I have all the blu-rays so I know all about it. Just busting your balls...

3 weeks later
#4313 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Just got to Iron Throne 3 out of my last 7 games. 7.4B martell, 4.2B Stark , and a 6.2B martell where I beat IT and got to a second hotk.
I'm not bragging-

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The very definition of irony.

#4317 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You should read-
entire posts.

Why? Nobody ever reads mine. All I ever get is TL;DR.

3 weeks later
#4354 2 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I thought I might have some buyer's remorse with buying GOT. The only remorse that I have is that I didn't do it sooner.
I have most of the default initials off of the machine. Still haven't gotten to Winter has Come or Iron Throne. I've tried hard to get to Winter has Come but it's so challenging. Have you gotten all of the default initials off of your machine? How long did it take you?
When I play GOT on location, after a launch, the ball will bounce around in the pops, it will then come down the right orbit. On location, if I don't flip, the ball will hit the right flipper and bounce over to the left flipper where I can then catch it on the left flipper. Do you have your machine setup like that? I like that action. On my machine, the ball will come down hit the right flipper, bounce over to the left flipper and then bounce back over to the right. I tried adjusting the angle of the playfield but that didn't really change that. Is that something where the bounciness will decrease over time? Or is that an adjustment that I can make?

My machine behaves exactly the same way and it's a little frustrating. I'm guessing it's the pitch of the machine. I like it steep...somewhere between 7 and 7.5 degrees (if not a smidgen more). I think if the pitch was shallower, you wouldn't get that secondary bounce off the left flipper and back to the right.

1 week later
#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Ok so I'm in. 19 hr round trip last weekend but worth it. Running original code and this thing is like NIB.
I will need to learn the rules as it sounds very deep from what i have read. Added some gold accents and might get the big topper also.
Sub is hooked up and shaker installed yesterday. Awesome game.

Congratulations. The LE is a little bit of awesomeness, right there. Enjoy, and be sure to post your scores that kick the shit out of my scores, just like everybody else does.

#4385 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well seeing as you asked Boob. Got this tonight. Going on what I've seen here not that great but I was pretty chuffed.

F you.

#4393 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

2 months until season 7.
2 seasons of the show left.
4 possible spin-off shows in the works.
1 or 2 more code updates to polish the game up
How long will it be before the word gets out about how great this pin currently is? When I look at the top 100, I feel that this game should move up a couple spots.

I hope they don't do any spin offs. Finish the story the way George Martin intended and leave it at that (and let's hope no cast members die in real life before the series ends!).

I think wishing for code updates will be in vain. Dwight has his hands full with Star Wars (supposedly) as well as GB updates (which outsold GOT by all accounts). Money talks.

But you're spot on about how great the pin is. I had a couple of people tell me over the weekend how great that game is, and that was while we were looking at the row of newer Sterns at Allentown. (And strangely, they did it in a tone of voice that was as if they didn't want anyone to know they felt that way.) It's completely underrated and underappreciated. But all the evidence you need that it's a great game is that the top players (who compete at PAPA, etc.) think the game is awesome.

1 week later
#4439 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd like to see more scores from LE owners. I have a tough time putting up big scores on all the LE/PREMs I have played. It's definitely the harder version.

Thank you. Played four games yesterday and couldn't even get close to HOTK on any of them. I think all 4 games took about 10 minutes total. I think you guys with the pro version suck, posting your high scores so the premium/LE owners can all feel inadequate.

#4441 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

True dat. But you can look at the ones I posted. They're on a Premium.

F you.

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Hello
I am new to the club. Just picked myself up a GOT LE (HUO) and not off to a good start. I might be typing this a liitle early without checking but I am hoping to have a few ideas before I check this later. The GOT I bought worked fine with the topper on it. The topper was removed from transport purposes. When setting it up in my basement the topper won't fit with my finished ceiling so I have to set up in another part of the basement. So I wanted to set it up without the topper and check it. So I loaded up the pinballs, leveled it, turned it on and it turns up but the LED's on the playfield does not light up but the display lights up.
I did not have time to check all the connections which might be the problem. The question I have is, does the topper being disconnected affect the machine booting up. I did not unplug the topper wires prior to picking up the machine. Does wires have to be disconnected from the computer in the head of the machine for the topper to work? I am going to try and hook up the topper without putting it on top and see if the lights work. It also said searching for pinballs which makes me believe that the wires that were disconnect in the head have to be either plugged back in some where or back into the topper.
Any help would be great if you could e-mail me or post it here, much appreciated.
Thanks.....I'll keep you posted.

Lights should all work with or without the topper. Most likely you shook a connection loose...it happens all the time, especially on newer Sterns. Hell, connections fall out of my ACDC trough just because of the shaker motor.

1 week later
#4487 2 years ago

Glad to see you paying it forward.

#4489 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seriously get a C920 and a cheap ass stand and start recording some of these games. 16 billion HOTK? That's nuts.

Yeah, but it would be really annoying to see his hand keep coming into the shot to divert the ball from draining.

#4494 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

My scores with significant time on both a LE and a Pro have been pretty much the same. A pat on the back for Steve and Dwight.

You're a horrible person.

#4496 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hey beelzeboob pix for the iron throne wizard mode i got. Sorry to rub it in.

That one doesn't count. The ball drains in the opposite direction down under.

#4499 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

All my games are 5 ball as i would get no where on modern Sterns with only 3 ball.

Oh, well...then that makes sense.

2 weeks later
#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What would you do...
Ball 2, you just started iron throne (as greyjoy), your sitting on a 13 billion score, and your 1 week old starts crying and your wife asks to get her. What do you do, what do you do...?
Needless to say, I ended my game at 13 bil and didn't even get past round 1 of IT even after revisiting the game 2 hours later to play ball 3 lol

I would reduce the number of extra balls from 7 to 3.

#4546 2 years ago

Yep...I found oddly enough that simply by NOT overtightening the wireform leading to the throne, it allowed enough wiggle room that, for some strange reason, completely removed my bounce-outs. Go figure...

#4550 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

my game loft but converted need my wife that I need another wall

And now in English...

#4557 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Well, loving the game thus far and have LOTS of room for improvement
Prior to getting this pin I had put maybe 5-10 games on GOT each on a pro and LE's. I thought it would be funny to post my first score for each house. Not quite in the billions yet
Stark: 262,224,760
Baratheon: 5,224,740
Greyjoy: 23,279,320
Lannister: 142,905,220
Martel: 161,285,740
Tyrell: 78,017,850
Dang those yellow standups can rocket a ball into the outline faster than you can see it! Really looking forward to getting some more time on this pin for sure.

Don't feel bad. I've had the game since it came out and have yet to break 2 billion. Embarrassing.

#4559 2 years ago

I had the 1st delivered premium game in the world, I think I've hit 2 billion twice and rarely pass the 1 billion mark.
Some games I don't even get blackwater multiball until ball 3

Thank you. I'm about to start a support group for people that suck at this game.

#4571 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol....2 billion I mean. Two million would definitely be sad!

No...that would just be a normal game for me.

#4588 2 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Stanis.....
<--- idiot who owns game, has never seen the show, and could not figure out what "Status" was. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Nope. You're the only one.

1 week later
#4606 2 years ago

Well, supposedly 8 people die in this short season. So prepare for some serious cutbacks on the salary budget.

2 weeks later
#4665 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the textured castle walls are still in the works? I've been waiting over a year and still want to get them if they are made. I also think it would be cool to have textured inlane plastics for the upper Playfield to match.
Make it so....

Ask The Boob and ye shall receive...

https://mezelmods.com/collections/game-of-thrones-pinball-mods/products/game-of-thrones-pinball-castle-walls-premium-le?variant=37150060744

Better hurry up, though. Supplies are severely limited! (And I'm not just saying that or trying to make a joke.)

#4667 2 years ago

Forgot to add that the website has old pictures. They DO come with the doors...they just have to update the pics.

#4670 2 years ago

Ordered. Thanks.
Unfortunately I had to also get the ram mod and some crows.

Nothing unfortunate about that. Just adds to the awesomeness.

#4682 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I love that mode. Cool that it was designed into the game. Mrs was playing the other night and I hear. Shit I've broken something great mode. Love this game. Might have to bite the bullet on those castle walls. Thanks beelzeboob
Now tell me where I can get those cool bumper caps. They are fantastic.

I'll try to remember where I got them.

#4684 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

beatmaster ?? That's where I got mine.

Right! That was it...

#4693 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

My textured GoT castle wall arrived today from Mezel Mods. I must say this is a crazy nice mod on this machine. The flat/shiny plastic castle wall was an early complaint for me. The texture and depth really add a nice visual, along with the handpainted detail. I watched intently as Mezel began work on this; and now so happy they have completed and made available to buy!
Install took about 15-20 minutes, with most of that time trying to recover a stupid flathead screw from the wire ramp that fell into the machine (per usual)
Simple Steps:
1. Remove the left wire ramp & plastic stack
2. Swap-in the Mezel-modified plastics (resized to accommodate the new wall thickness)
3. Remove the old wall
4. Install the new wall
5. Re-install the left side plastic stack & wire ramp
6. Gawk at the textured goodness!
I think these look great! Thanks Mezel; simple order, inexpensive delivery, speedy receipt.
Before and After:

Installed:

Close up:

So, let me get this straight:

I tell YOU about this mod a few hours after I already order it, then you order it and receive and install it before I do???

Look great, buddy...thanks for the instructions. I thought that was how it goes, but I appreciate the clarification.

#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Moin Metengo,
das sieht gut aus.
Woher hast du das von eBay, bzw. Was hast du als suche eingegeben.
Von mir aus auch Antwort über flippermarkt.

Mein Lash,

I spreche nicht so gut Deutsch. Konnen Sie bitte nur Englisch am diesen forum gespracht? Sie konnen immer noch Deutsch am Flippermarkt gesprechen. Vielen Dank.

Der Boob

#4710 2 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I have been away from the computer for a while. I've skimmed the recent posts
GOT Kicks Ass! It's my favorite pinball machine. It seems like a lot of people are lukewarm on the new Star Wars machine. I was wondering what GOT lovers opinions of SW is. I haven't had a chance to play it. Obviously, there are a lot of parallels to GOT with it.

Loved it when I played the pro. Have a GOT LE and ordered a SW LE because I'm an idiot.

1 week later
#4733 2 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Since this seems to be the de facto owner's thread I got a question for ya'll.
I just bought an used GoT Pro on Friday and currently the Martell shot is registering with every plunged ball.
I don't have access to a working Pro to compare it to but since the ball is physically hitting and activating the rollover switch my question is is it:
A) a mechanical problem; plunged balls should not be hitting the switch. I know the guy put a cliffy in the shooter lane that may be slowing down the speed of a plunged ball.
or
B) some other problem, as in the game should know not to register the Martell rollover switch right after a plunge.
If either A or B anyone got any ideas?

Pretty sure another switch is being triggered when the ball plunges. The game believes the ball is already in the playfield, registers a switch, then registers the Martell switch when the ball passes over it on the plunge. Put your game into switch test mode and bang on the playfield and sides of cabinet with your palm to see if any switches register.

#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Thanks, your advice made me think to try something even simpler. I soft plunged and the playfield stayed unvalidated. Which brings me to something I didn't mention; the auto plunger bracket on the game was broken where it holds the coil so auto plunge from the button is currently disabled and only physical plunging works. I now strongly suspect that this is the cause of the issue.
We'll see when the part comes in.

Well, yeah...that could do it, too, if the game thinks it plunged the ball.

1 month later
#4847 2 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

So apparently there is no plans for any future code update for GOT to polish it off. Every current game was in the list on the latest "Stern of the Union" address on Facebook but GOT. Nice that they abandoned this game so quickly. It must not have been a good seller. Too bad, its a really good game that could be great with some polish. But it has been taken out back and shot along with Wrestlemania.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Stern guys read these forums. Too many people were ecstatic about how complete the code was when the game shipped. So they did one update and figured, hey!...everybody's happy with their games. Let's move on to the machines they're bitching about.

From a business perspective, it actually makes sense. But sucks for the owners. (But the code in GOT is really good already!)

#4852 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Major agreement with chuck and bob’s last two posts.

Who's Bob?

2 weeks later
#4913 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I suppose you are right but when I look over the playfield I actually kind of like it and I think it is very well done. I think GOT is another one of those games that people haven’t given it a fair chance and they don’t know what they are missing. This game is really really a fantastic game. I honestly don’t know much else a person could ask for in a game. The only people that notice the flaws in the code are people like you and Eskaybee. The rest of us bottom feeders aren’t good enough to even see any of that stuff.

The playfield is the part of the game that really put Pinsiders' panties in a bunch. It doesn't scream GOT when you look at it. But once lit up, I think it's pretty gorgeous, and I'm a HUGE fan of the LE cabinet art and translite. (But I loves me some Daenerys, so...)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
$ 26.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside