371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1215 8 years ago

I have not been keeping up with all the GoT action (barely looked at PF photos) so this is more of a first impression from a pinhead with minimal knowledge of the show.

~ 8 plays, 300,000,000 top score or something in those ranges.

I did not even read the rules card and had many of the basics down after several games (here is where lock is lit, shoot there to lock, you seem to light modes by shooting shots repeatedly, then basically shoot up the middle to either start it or not.

I liked the mystery "RPG" like feature where you could choose what you want to buy. Might be imbalanced or something if you know what you are doing, but neat on my first several plays.

If I was unaware of the premium/LE, I would not look at this game and think it was obviously cost reduced. But comparing it to say LOTR (and many earlier Modern Sterns) there is clearly a lot less going on on the PF. Just comparing the "sword locks" for example between the earlier release and this one.

But they seemed to do a lot right. Audio was good (possibly too repetitive for the audio on the modes?), and it seemed like there was a lot to explore. Color changing LED's seemed to be well used. Bottome line is I would have been happy to play for much longer and look forward to my next trip to Pub 340 in Vancouver.

The negatives?

The art package was still "meh" at best. Licensed game, no artistry that I could see. Does not offend me on a location game, but not something that screams "put me in your house". That and the amount of violence on the DMD would be off putting for me with young kids in terms of home use.

#1246 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I'm really beginning to question the playability of my machine. Backhands are few and far between. The ramps need perfect shots to complete them. I'm going to try increasing the coil power to see how that plays.
I reduced the angle from 7deg to 6.8deg. It plays better now.
In other news. I have had ONE left orbit shot work in over 300 games.

I am glad others have better suggestions in this thread.

It sounds like your game needs some fix(es), OR you are truly the worst pinball player ever and need some expert pinball lessons, FAST:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lessons-hurry-slots-are-filling-up-fast

I have heard the secret of making an orbit in GoT is in having the right breathing technique and enough Shasta in your system .

#1249 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I've been huffing and puffing outta frustration. Is that right? Also I don't think we can get Shasta in Canada.

I am not sure we can afford Shasta in Canada right now

And apparently, just lay off the huffs and focus on the puff's. You'll be awesome in no time!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.