Topic Stats

• 6,381 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by WizardsCastle
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 783 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20200511-WA0002 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200524_011013 (resized).jpg
83D80ADD-BED1-4726-8BC6-E8F3D5B055B6.jpeg
20200411_163221 (resized).jpg
20200411_163124 (resized).jpg
20200411_163155 (resized).jpg
20200411_163454 (resized).jpg
20200411_163101 (resized).jpg
20200411_162957 (resized).jpg
GOT twitch event (resized).jpg
gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1173 4 years ago

Picking up my GOT Pro on Friday!

Which shaker motor should I go with? Already have a sub....any other "must have" mods?

Edit.....we should probably just turn this thread into the official GOT club thread.

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, just play the thing instead of gluing shit to it.

I don't normally mod the crap out of my games.....I'll do little "enhancements" if I think they're cool.

Does it need Cliffy's?

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

ยป YouTube video
V1.21 Iron Throne (Played as Stark house).
***SPOILER***
-don't watch if you don't wanna know what happens in this mode.

You have the exact same initials as my son, AJG. Nice game BTW.

#1203 4 years ago

Got my GOT! It's in the back of my vehicle right now. Thanks Steve at Pinball Refinery for a great transaction.

#1205 4 years ago

Not set up in my house yet but here are some quick pics:

V__6113_(resized).jpgV__A252(1)_(resized).jpgV__EFA7_(resized).jpg

#1213 4 years ago

Starting to make a little progress....man this game is fun! Great rules.

WP_20160130_12_31_47_Pro_(resized).jpg

#1251 4 years ago

Is this an LE only problem? I just got the pro and my flippers are wicked strong. I'm using the latest code.

#1261 4 years ago

I think I just came up with a new T-Shirt or bumper sticker - "GOT is Great"

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

never had a problem with my pro, maybe there was something and i never saw it.
oh well, there goes my hi scores loll.

I'm not convinced this updated is really needed on the pro....unless you have the topper of course.

#1275 4 years ago

So question on the "skill shot"....ummm, how does it work? On mine I launch the ball make sure it rolls through the lit lane....it registers the lane but not a "skill shot"? Then every once in awhile (very rare) it awards a skill shot???

I've tried holding a flipper down while launching but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Like I said though it appears to alway register going through the lane.

#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What code version are you running? I think a previous version messed up the skill shot. Should register every time you go through the lit lane. Just like IM.

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hmm. Maybe update to 1.22 and see if that helps. I think when I saw that issue the game was on 1.19

Yeah, guess I'll try the update.

Also....as far as GOTs "looks" who cares? It's way too much fun to worry about it's so-so graphics. Personally I don't think it looks bad at all but it also doesn't stand out either. I just like playing it.

#1286 4 years ago

Updated......still no skill shot? Factory settings.....casual off. It's definitely registering when the ball rolls through the inlanes.

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Somethings a miss, neve heard any issues with the skill shot. It should be the two rollovers at the pops. No other skill shot. Just shoot the ball in the blinking one, just like IM.
I wonder if you have a switch registering on vibration or something?

I do a switch test.

#1296 4 years ago

Does anyone have a video of the topper in action? The price represents over 10% of the entire cost of a pro! Still thinking about it though

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Somethings a miss, neve heard any issues with the skill shot. It should be the two rollovers at the pops. No other skill shot. Just shoot the ball in the blinking one, just like IM.
I wonder if you have a switch registering on vibration or something?

Now I'm thoroughly confused. Checked my switches and everything checked out perfectly. No switch errors and the upper lane switches work perfectly. Start a game and one of the rollovers is flashing....roll the ball through it and no skill shot awarded....but the lane does go solid lit after rolling through it???

#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Actually, yes. And it's distracting, too. When the dragon starts flapping it's wings, the spotlight goes on it, so I look up to bask in its coolness...
...and drain my ball.

Thanks for making my decision easy

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That is strange. Have you done glass off testing? I wonder if the switch entering the pops has to be made before it allows the skill shot? If so, have a look at that switch to make sure it's working properly. Do some off glass testing and see if you can find a pattern and/or get it to work.

I did check that switch as well and it tested perfectly. I'll do some glass off in-game testing.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Try a factory reset. You could also try reloading the code.

It was doing this before the latest update so I just went to 1.22 and it's still doing it. Other than the "skill shot" the games appears to be playing perfectly.

Could it possibly be a setting somewhere?

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That is strange. Have you done glass off testing? I wonder if the switch entering the pops has to be made before it allows the skill shot? If so, have a look at that switch to make sure it's working properly. Do some off glass testing and see if you can find a pattern and/or get it to work.

Okay I tested the game with the glass off. If I do not trigger the right outer loop switch right before going into the upper lanes it DOES score the skill shot! If I trip that switch then no skill shot is awarded. Obviously the problem is that lunching the ball always trips that switch first. I double checked that switch and it appears to be operating perfectly. ???

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Maybe that switch in the right loop needs to be adjusted? The contacts are too close and the plunge registers a hit on that switch. Move the contacts further apart?

The plunge will always register a hit on that switch....it's location guarantees it.

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

They'll say "Fix your stuck switch"

If only it was that easy.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Who's doing the code for GOT? Do you guys expect a lot more in the code department or is it pretty complete as is?

Dwight is doing the code.....he also purchased a GOT for himself. It's pretty complete......and we expect more updates.

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Speaking of the GOT PRO; is the right orbit / left orbit return the fastest outter orbit ever created? Holy hell the ball goes screaming! And if you get multiple right orbits, forget about it...

Best orbit since JM.

#1334 4 years ago

Okay how many times have people reached under the front right corner to turn it off? Every time I swear to god!

#1343 4 years ago

Eventually it will have so many dimples that you won't see any dimples. It's just what happens to brand new playfields. It won't effect the game play and won't hurt the playfield.

#1348 4 years ago

So I decided to try the "Modfather" castle walls mod. The Pro seems a little bare and I think this is a nice addition. (As always, click the pic to get a cleaner/sharper view)

WP_20160202_21_43_42_Pro_(resized).jpg

#1359 4 years ago

Well my shaker just got here so that will be a nice addition!

How do we make this thread the official GOT club thread?

#1361 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Already a LE/Premium thread...this one can be for the pro, though.

Sorry...but that's dumb (IMHO) one club for one title. This thread has covered EVERYTHING GOT not just the pro. It's also the biggest GOT thread on pinside.

For Star Trek we have an official club that covers ALL of the Star Trek games ever made.......then there is a separate club just for STTNG.

#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No need to get snippy...I was trying to avoid orphaned threads (which drive me nuts).
Good day to you, sir!

You're on the wrong site if you worry about orphaned threads

#1367 4 years ago

Maybe I'm not coming across correctly. Never said they're shouldn't be an LE/Prem. Club. Just that this thread has been around the longest and covered everything GOT. I thought it was silly to make this just a pro thread after this long. Like I said there are two club threads that cover STTNG....a general ST thread and a dedicated STTNG thread.

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I could change it to GOT officially kicks ass if you're looking for promotions?

Promotions? No, just think this thread is active enough to become the GOT club thread.

#1392 4 years ago

Tease.......oh and open up that pinball machine while you're at it.

#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Getting mine tomorrow afternoon.

I've had mine a whole week and it's still fun

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Boom baby!!! Can't believe I got a new game!! Hahaimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

GOT was my first NIB since LOTR in 2003, congrats!

#1455 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Midnight madness is Hilarious. Nuff said.

I haven't even tried it yet.......keep forgetting!

#1461 4 years ago

So I backhanded the dragon shot yesterday for the first time......then I did it again in the same game! Ball on the fly both times, I don't think it's possible from a cradle.

#1466 4 years ago

Skill Shot solved!

Someone mentioned going into the switch test and firing the flippers and seeing if anything else fired with them. Well lo and behold that is exactly what was happening. The switch below the lock ball target (behind the rubber sling) was firing along with the flippers. Adjusted that switch and my skill shot is back in action.

That switch was not stuck on normally so it wasn't showing up when just doing a normal switch test.....little bastard.

#1547 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Mmm, I don't know about forgiving. Honestly not trying to toot my own horn, but my IFPA ranking is under 200 and I've been having a tough time with this pin. Current HS is only 2.4 billion.

You'll figure it out. I'm not a great player but I'm not horrible either. Just cracked 3 billion for the first time tonight. (probably around 30 games total on it).

#1575 4 years ago

I could sell my pro and go to an LE/Prem but I won't. IM is one of my all time favorite games so apparently I value sparse playfields and high ball speeds over technical play. Probably why TZ and WOZ just don't appeal to me (and I keep trying to like them). Bear in mind that I don't hate them (It's pinball after all) but I wouldn't buy one for my own home.

What's weird though is I absolutely love my IJ. Widebody pin with tons of crap on it and not exactly lightning ball speeds (although it can get fast if you're hammering around in the lower section). Must be the theme?

#1607 4 years ago

I would think the top pro's would tear this game up. I tend to play "on the fly"...it's more exciting to me to try and hit my targets on the fly. But for anyone who is a master at controlling the ball with the flippers they could nail the safe shots on GOT all night long.

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

This is simply not true. I have a Funhouse that was clear coated by Bill Davis over 5 years ago with many, many plays that has no dents. The playfield is super smooth upon close inspection. I have other games that fit the #3 category, but this one does not. Bill Davis used a very durable automotive clear and the result is different.

I would bet my life that it does indeed fall into categorie 3. There is no clearcoat (or amount of clearcoat) known to man that can prevent a steel pinball from denting a new playfield. Key word being "new". Old playfields have already been dented flat.

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Yes the pro ranking at 90 is a joke

Agreed, this is easily a top 30 pin.

#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I need to try the Pro. I spent 2.5 - 3hrs on an LE at Zanzabar yesterday and I'm in love. I'm just trying to decide what I would/should sell to get one.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any version of this game.

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The top surface has no dimples - whatever dimple/compression there is in between lower levels is not relevant to the top layer, if the top doesn't have them. Once the current top layer was applied approximately 7 years ago, that layer has no dimples.
Category 3 is a top layer that has so many dimples it doesn't look dimpled - upon close inspection that type of playfield displays an eggshell type quality, versus being completely smooth.

Sorry....but that's not how it works. You never dent the clear (it's never thick enough to matter). You dent the wood. A 15 year old playfield (that's been played most of that time) is already fully compressed and no further denting will take place.....putting new clear on it won't change that. The new clear will look shinier and help protect the paint but it has zero effect on "denting".

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

why not ship the game with a metal protector in the first place?

Just one of those things they missed. At least they corrected the issue in-house and don't require you to buy a mod. Mine did come with a metal protector installed from the factory.

#1718 4 years ago

broke 4 billion this evening....fun game but I really need to learn how to capitalize on the multipliers in this game.

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

So I may trade a really nice BSD toward a GOT Pro. I have a potential deal in place.
I loved the rules and I think that I would love the flow of the Pro table. What do you guys think? Unfaded BSDs aren't a dime a dozen but I really dig Game of Thrones..

I've played a lot of both. BSD is a great game (I love brutal games) but I would make that deal if I was you. GOT just has more......well everything. It's not as brutal but just as intense. In fact for a longer ball time game it "feels" more like playing IM.....same intensity. A fifteen minute game feels like 5 and you want to get right back in there and do it again.

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I'm in! Placed order today for a pro. Excited to get it, what mods should I start thinking about?

Nice!

#1 - Shaker!
#2 - Sub.

Then whatever you like after those two mandatory items.

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I've decided, I officially suck at pinball! Ugh, I think I'm getting worse. I was complaining about my 250-350M scores. Tonite I could not get past 20-30M.
The outlanes are simply killing me - and posts are already at the mid-point! I recently increased from 6.0 to like 6.8 deg tilt. Could this alone be enough to see such drastic increase in suckage?
I actually had the thought tonite of dragging the machine up from the basement to permit me to throw it out the first floor window.

That's Pinball!

It will come back around. You'll figure out the new angle....which definitely changes the required angle off the flippers to hit your shots. Then it will start flowing again. I've got (my GOT) at 6.8 as well with the outlanes fully open (factory on mine).

#1776 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

For you GOT owners...is it worth the extra cost for the LE/premium or not? I hear great things about the pro and it sounds like the LE/prems have some significant tweaks out of the box which isn't a deal killer but just a pain.
For those of you who have played both, your thoughts?

Seems to me that both camps are pretty happy. Depends on what "you" want. I'm more of a "speed and flow" guy and really don't mind the playfield having "less stuff".....so I think the pro is fantastic. A lot of people like the extras and love that added mini playfield at the top.

They are almost like two different games.......and both are winners.

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Shame, shaaaaame!

There should have been a "ding", "ding", "ding" before and after each shame.

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Whatever pro players, I setup my games to be enjoyed by me. Take your shame shame and stick it up your ass ass!

I'm totally with you..... Set them up however you like. His post was just a joke and referenced a famous scene from the show.

#1794 4 years ago

I once lost both balls........oh wait, that wasn't pinball.

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

How does Got compare to LOTR?
I believe LOTR has one of the best theme integrations; building up for destroy the ring always make your heart beat faster.
Honestly I play it only a couple of times per year anymore; just know the pin inside/out though it will most probably never leave my collection.

I had LOTR for eight years and I can in all honesty say that GOT (I have the pro) is the better game.....at least for me. It's really not even that close. Eskakaybee made some great points but he said it best when he said GOT is just more fun. That's what it's ALL about (in the end)....the fun, the entertainment. GOT kicks most games ass in the fun department. Theme integration LOTR does win.....it probably wins on the overall sound package as well (although not in the quality of the sound). But it loses me with its linear progression and excessive ball/game times. I seriously had a game go over two hours on LOTR.......and more than I can count that went over an hour......that's just too damn long for a single pinball game (IMHO) and is the #1 reason it won't be back.

I did not have big expectations for GOT. I was worried when I sold my ST to get it that I might have made a mistake. Those fears have been laid to rest.

"GOT is Great"

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am considering selling my ST Pro to fund an upgrade from GoT pro to GoT premium. The game is an absolute keeper for me!
Rob

I really don't think I would do that. I'm not sure (although I need to really sit down and play one) that a premium is really an upgrade over the pro......and certainly not at the cost of giving up an ST. I think the premium is the best looking one of them all.....and I think the upper playfield is pretty cool; but overall I enjoy the open flow and speed of the pro best of all.

I liked my ST pro a lot, which is why I was concerned about letting it go in the first place. If I could have kept ST and just added GOT I would have. There is just no way I can see the premium being worth sacrificing both ST and GOT pro's.

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

So u dont like topless chicks ?

I absolutely love topples chicks.... But not out in the open where anyone (friends, family, company) can see them. That's just tacky.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Noob here as my alt translite was my first swap. There is stock little clear sticky pieces that are in 8-10 spots around the translite that stick it to the glass. Remove those. Also the backglass is surrounded by those black plastic tracks that hold the translite to the glass. Just get rid of the sticky stuff after taking off the black trim, and then put the new translite on, black trim back on carefully, and you should be good to go!

Yep....just did mine last night (with T-800's), looks great.

That sticky tape (which was never there in the past) is a bit of a pain.

#1931 4 years ago

I have to be honest.....I really don't even notice the music. I'm to busy thinking about what I need to hit next and where I want to go from there. This game tends to keep me very focused. Unlike a game like say Getaway where there are only about three things to go for.

1 week later
#2017 4 years ago

I would say that the Titans do bounce more than black rubber.....just also put them on the outlanes to even things out.

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is this the unofficial GOT Pro club? I'm deciding between this and POTC. I feel like GOT is the deeper game, but POTC is the more forgiving game. Anyone have an opinion that gives perspective from non-pinhead folks?

Unless you are absolutely gaga over POTCs theme GOT is the better overall pinball machine. Some of the best rules ever put in a game and great flow. I was skeptical of GOT but it has won me over. You can always make it less brutal by tightening up the outlanes.

1 week later
#2137 4 years ago

Yeah that's not right.....but I don't think we needed that many examples

#2212 4 years ago

I have my game measuring perfectly level and 6.8 degrees....it's far easier to hit the center shot from the right flipper than from the left. I can hit from the left but it is a lot tighter. It's nearly impossible to hit the dragon shot from the left flipper (cradled)....has to be .001mm accuracy to hit it (Think I've done it twice ever and basically don't even try anymore). Should I set mine up so that it's not perfectly level? I remember that my ST could not be perfectly level or most center shots to the magnet would get released SDTM. I had to put a very slight right lean to it. If I got it just right I could hit the mode start shot on the left "on the fly" from a clean center release.....which was actually my favorite shot.

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There's a huge difference in Metallica or TWD vs say GoT or Star Trek in strategy, stacking, etc.

True.....the funny thing is I like GOT and ST more than MET and TWD......and AC/DC (which would be last in this list of games for me). I'm glad Dwight is doing GB.

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Hey there! Do you know this for sure or just feel that way? I was thinking when I got the game that he would, but don't think so now.

Well the fact that Dwight bought one for his own home should be a good indicator.

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

maybe he just wanted the game?

You don't think the guy who coded it will continue to tweak it when he comes across any issues and then make those public? I know I would. (When I had time to do so) < I think that's the only question.....when, not if.

1 week later
#2371 4 years ago

My best so far is 5.5 billion.....but I have no idea what I did to get there. A really good game for me is hitting a billion.

1 month later
#2904 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ordering a GoT Pro tomorrow and wondering if anyone has installed gold mirror blades on theirs? I have a set that was going to be installed on my Shadow when I finished it. But I also have a spare set of regular mirror blades I could also use.

I think the gold would look great on a GOT pro.

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Be careful on best price. Hear there are issues blowing boards. Look at post 2910. Not sure the problem

Hmmm, I've had Pinball Life's spike shaker in my pro since day one with no issues.

3 weeks later
#3136 3 years ago

Very busy weekend so I went down and played one game (I kid you not)....one:

20160530_175852_001_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#3169 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Am I the only one who disables video mode?

For some crazy reason I don't really mind it. I don't play it often but will occasionally play it.

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Since I'm in the process of acquiring Hougie's GoT machine, I started watching the show from the beginning last night. I'm up to episode seven already. I'm way behind, but the story seems interesting enough to get all the way through it. Just completed the crown of gold ending...probably should've been more specific with that request. Hopefully the pin is fun too. I had never considered either the show or the pin before he offered it up in a trade.
Is there a go-to place for GoT mods or is there a must-have list? I'm coming from a Tron where there was pretty much a $1,000 entrance fee in mods just to make it look right. Thankfully, those were already there when I got it. I already have Modfather's steampunk-looking flipper gears on the way. Seems like the playfield could've had a few smaller 3-D printed landmarks like the wall or something like that about the size of the 3D buildings on the sides of Ghostbusters Premium.
Finally, I get the vibe that this game was crushed under the weight of its hype--and that hype has moved onto Ghostbusters where those who worked themselves into a frenzy are now just as underwhelmed because that game is too hard for them. Social media and Twitch seem to be leading to information and hype over-consumption to the point where no machine will ever fully please the masses. I can't imagine TZ or TAF not suffering the same fate if they were released today.

Yeah the current tend is this:
1. Going to be the greatest game ever! Take my money!
2. Game released. And goes to #1 on Pinside.
3. This game sucks. Where's the code!
4. Drops out of the top 50.
5. Gets code update and slowly wins people over.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 26.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside