371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6594 3 years ago

I just joined the club and love the game just as much as I do on location. I’ve got a ColorDMD and Shaker coming but anyone else have anything they consider a must have mod?

I’ve also in the middle of changing the lighting and rubber to more my style of al sunlight Comet.

I did get to Iron Throne already with Targaryen so I think I will need to set it up a little harder.

EB27C95B-72F8-4C55-B495-0DA3C63BE41A.jpegEB27C95B-72F8-4C55-B495-0DA3C63BE41A.jpeg
#6599 3 years ago

Greyjoy is a tough one for sure. I have been trying out Lannister to try and blow up Stark/Lannister on Blackwater with multipliers. Is there any interesting strategies with other houses in the new rules? I haven't quite figured out how to play the other houses yet.

Thanks everyone.

Oh and I did put Invisiglass in it already and the pyramid plastic was broken so I just ordered a mod to replace it as they are cheap.

#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try Baratheon and play wall multiball over and over.

Does that work? I had what I thought was a pretty great Wall MB and it was only a couple hundred million I think.

#6609 3 years ago

jitneystand1 Thank you for trading with me. I’m loving it and haven’t even scratched the surface.

With Lannister are you just buying multipliers with your gold and blowing up a MB?

#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yeah, they nerfed the spinner badly. That's the only complaint I have on the new code. For Lannister, try using your playfield multipliers for a huge Stark cash out. I've had Stark modes over 1 Billion like that.

That's what I have been trying myself. Seems to work pretty well.

1 month later
#6692 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Always wanted to get one but always find something else to waste my money on. Haha. It’s usually another EM. I’m addicted to them.

Yeah, I get it as I generally have a B title worth of ColorDMD at even given time. It would be much better if I didn’t care but as is I just put one in my Nascar...

1 week later
#6737 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

I recently bought a home use Game of Thrones Pro, very nice shape, but it occasionally resets and I would love to fix it. Already adjusted the power supply voltage per this thread. Tried disabling the shaker motor. The only other powered mod is lighted flipper buttons.
However I'm starting to wonder if this might be a software problem, because the situation in which it resets is always the same. Running the latest code. I finish the 4th house and start Hand of the King. Then, shoot the Dragon to claim Extra Ball. It's a rather frustrating time to get a reset...
Anyone else seeing a similar problem?

Try imaging a new SD card entirely. It might help with what you are describing.

#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

However I'm starting to wonder if this might be a software problem, because the situation in which it resets is always the same. Running the latest code. I finish the 4th house and start Hand of the King. Then, shoot the Dragon to claim Extra Ball. It's a rather frustrating time to get a reset

This comment is why I suggested a new SD Card. It's an easy and cheap test. Even if you don't have an SD Card they are $8.

1 week later
#6761 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

So during various multi-ball if I strike both flippers at the same time they "freeze" and a second or so afterward they start working again perfectly. That is, unless I strike both flippers at the same time again. I asked this question before and was told that this feature was included into the game through one of the updates; I get that. Now, is there in the adjustments section a way to turn off this feature? I can't find one.

This doesn't sound exactly like the flippers freezing in Winter Has Come but if it is then the DMD will read Flipper is Frozen. It is pretty fun/cool mechanic built into one mode and I have no idea if you can turn that off.

#6765 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s such a badass mode. Especially if you get deep into it and get the super jackpot. It can be huge.

I've gotten a monster score on it before, I will have to look up what that score was but I think I made it through the Lieutenants and got the Super. I love this mode and I sometimes try for it just because. The rules really incorporate the story and personality of the theme.

#6779 3 years ago

I also like the speaker panel decal. I get that Stern doesn't spend a penny extra they don't need to but would it hurt to do this again?

Add: I guess there isn't as much real estate on the LCD metal panel.

1 year later
#6907 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I can’t really do it justice but here’s a couple. In one I took it from a steep angle to show the gap that the LCD leaves. You do not see it straight on but from the side you can see in a bit. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can control the brightness on the LED, have you ever tried that? I vastly prefer the LED and fitment is one of the reasons.

#6912 1 year ago
Quoted from atum:

Rules are super easy to get once you spend a little bit of time with it. Understanding it well enough to know what modes to stack, order to complete modes, when to spend time getting a MB ready versus attacking modes is a much steeper hill to climb.
This is part 1 of the series from Chuckwurt, which will tell you more than you might ever care to know, but is super informative!

Chuck's videos are great but if the video is before the 1.36 update I wouldn't start there. Ownonymous did a more recent strategy guide with the updated rules and that is a more straight forward starting point maybe...

#6914 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So did I. Haha. Had to see it through. Also. Here’s the entire playlist complete with newest code updates and premium/LE rules.
Each video has a bulleted list on the screen to show what is covered in the video. Helps with deciding if you’re interested in the content or not.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkfeetnClaXkEdfrfe1IVDMunDwD7p5Vk

Yeah, no disrespect obviously. I always enjoy watching your videos, talking about GOT or STh, or watching your excellent tournaments. If you have a video that starts at 1.36 that would be great too.

#6943 1 year ago
Quoted from atum:

Sound perfect to me! Maybe a bit buggy, but that is unique enough I am not holding my breath of that ever getting fixed. Then it just needs to be a league rule like death saving. Don't do it, play Tyrell right and move on!

Doesn't the IFPA do this already with certain exploits? Escher was just talking about the JM exploit used at District 82 in Yakuza Strike. He seemed to imply they will add it to the IFPA rules and TDs will just DQ people who use it.

2 months later
#6979 1 year ago

I still prefer the Pro. Tiny pinball upper/lower playfields aren't fun for me and I can't adjust the flow back.

2 months later
#7000 1 year ago

Stern ones are top quality but there is something about the simplicity of these Tilt ones that I like.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/game-of-thrones-sigil-gameblades

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=Waxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.