371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was a code glitch, not my actual score. I'm good...but not that many zeros good. We've had a 12 billion score here locally, but my best personally is 6 billion and change. Not sure what caused this. Default replay was set at 1 billion. I assumed it doubled to 2 billion after that as I cracked it twice in a row with a 2.3 billion Martell game and was now playing my third game. For fun I chose Tyrell and ended up putting up a 3.2 billion game which was good enough for high score #1 and House Tyrell champion. When I looked at the replay award after entering in my initials this is what I saw. I got a kick out of it, so I thought I would post it.
For big scores on GOT, it isn't long ball times, it's the Super Jackpots during Wall MB that do it. With playfield and shot multipliers you can get some crazy big Wall MB Super Jackpots. On my 6 billion plus game, 4 billion plus was from the Wall MB and on the 12 billion game, 9 billion plus was from Wall MB. Iron Throne can also be worth a couple billion if you play it well too.

Nice. Agreed on the big scores not being long ball times. A welcome change from the usual Stern scoring mechanisms that were on the grind end of the spectrum.
I've gotten 6.5B here on location, EB turned off. Posts wide. It's a fun pin.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So for the current owners; I heard the outlanes were on medium or easy for the expo hence the long ball times and thought I heard Steve Ritchie decided to have the latest runs default the outlanes wide open. Is that true and/or are you guys experiencing long ball times with the outlanes open?

Not an owner... but played a number of games on location.
For your skill level, you'll want them wide open, tight tilt, and after you've gotten to Iron Throne, take the rubbers off of the outlane posts.

At Buffalo Billiards, we had wide open with rubbers, medium tilt, and the ball times could get pretty long.
You can also make the Lord of Light feature harder.

Stepping up to it cold, you'll brick enough shots off of the stand-ups of death to keep games relatively short. But particularly in a home collection, getting dialed in on the game, ball times will go through the roof.

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there a good balance of ball times to game progression that you can tell?

I think so. The game isn't NEARLY as deep as the epic rulesets of LOTR, TSPP, and WOZ. ("Deep" being how far and skillful you must play modes/MB's to get to a wizard mode) I made it to Iron Throne in the first 10-12 plays on the settings listed above.

But GOT has a lot of great "in the moment" choices when it comes to what house to choose (and how to take advantage of that), when to battle certain houses, which house battles to stack, which ones to stack with which MB, etc.

And the risk/reward from the combo X and the PFx (battering ram) is fantastic. This risk/reward causes you to play faster and less controlled, helping to cut down on ball times.

#264 8 years ago

There's also a decent variety to the length and skill required to complete modes (House Battles). One mode can be finished in two shots -- but if you want to milk it for max points, you'll need more than 10. It's your CHOICE.

The element of CHOICE is where GOT shines. I can choose to cash out my Stark battle for only a couple mil if I simply want to progress faster toward their house sword, Hand of the King, and Iron Throne. Or I can take it to max value, plus spend some extra shots (without accidentally hitting an orbit) to max out my multiplier before cashing in.

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Seems like Tyrell is a really popular house to play here as well with that inlane multiplier!

Not to mention that if you choose Tyrell, then you don't have to QUALIFY the house to battle it. It's definitely the most difficult and dangerous to qualify.

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! I imagine the scoring in those mini wizard modes is based on how well you did in each mode, could you tell off your limited play?

Great question. I wish I knew. The pin plays too fast/furious (because I'm trying to take advantage of not letting my combo/PF X expire) for me to look up at the DMD to notice.

I did notice that the Iron Throne wizard mode has cool dots (not video clip grabs!) to begin each stage.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sword lock is indeed still a physical lock. Dragon kickback/hold, I believe a similar thing was done with the Bird shot on BBH.
Last night I was playing after league and I had Stark in Alliance with Greyjoy, I couldn't find any way to complete it. Must have played that mode 4-5 times. Anyone know how to complete this, or could this be a bug?

I don't recall if I posted it here or on Tilt Forum --- it's because playing as Greyjoy makes all the other house battles MORE DIFFICULT. So you have to clear all the purple flashing shots during Stark in order to have the orbits count as your final "cash out" shot. Otherwise, the orbits will behave like a ramp and just keep adding points to your Stark cash out value.

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So why is it when you choose Greyjoy first, it seems as if the mode is already complete? Purple shield will be solidly lit and the Sword insert is already lit on the right ramp? I don't understand that one. Are all Greyjoy modes played in Alliance with all the other modes?

I believe so, yes. It's unique.
But potentially very rewarding, because you enjoy the house benefit from any house battle you complete.

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I just tried the pro and cannot select the different houses at the beginning. I was stuck with Greyjoy and was told by the sales rep that the new code didn't allow it and you needed to access it through some sort of competition mode whatever that is. I hope they fix that.

In your settings, disable "Casual Mode"

2 weeks later
#481 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Played it on location today. Super shallow pitch and seemingly no tilt bob = massive scoring.
Sorry Frax, you've been demoted. Better head back over there and rip this to shreds.
Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideGoT GC.jpg

When will Nickelrama learn to install tilt bobs? Lol (assuming this is from there based on your comment and my prior experience -- most of their tilt bobs are still in the envelope in the coin box.)

3 weeks later
#576 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I'm liking being house Greyjoy

Definitely. For this, as well as stealing the other house abilities. The reward for getting multiple house abilities outweighs the negatives:
- the added difficulty of each mode when playing as Greyjoy
- not having a battle lit to start your first ball
- foregoing the ability to stack two house battles together.

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I am not one of those players myself, but the problem is that you don't need a firm grasp from what I can tell. My friend tried the Pro (at Button Mash if you're in LA) for the first time, he told me he walked away with two free games left, he just got bored. He's a lot more of an accurate shot than I am though. Just not enough risk for good players.
This is why Keith Elwin is putting up 22 billion scores.
Not sure how you fix that in code. Might just be a better causal player game than good player game.

Immediate fix to make the game challenging for good players, with more reasonable times for ops:
Easy = remove the outlane post rubbers
Also easy = remove the outlane posts entirely
Easy = change Lord of Light settings to difficult
Easy = turn off EB's, or limit it to one EB per game.

More difficult = maybe GOT is a good candidate for lightning flippers?

#658 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

I sure hope your wrong. That would be a great disappointment. Mini playfield definitely needs a rule set addition for it. If this is true Stern's end game for GOT is a definite dropping of the ball.

^^^ this! I got the chance to play an LE for first time yesterday, and the mini-PF is underwhelming to say the least. I will say this: it's not an exploitable PF that someone can camp out all day on mini PF and rack up ridiculous risk-free points.

Castle Multiball is incredibly LAME, points-wise, compared to other difficult to achieve MB like Wall or Hand of the King.

#666 8 years ago

Has anyone figured out what series of events lead to the Targaryen #3 (Drogon) battle bug? The one where there are no lit shots left to hit, yet Drogon still has health, so you're stuck.
Seems to happen most often when playing as Greyjoy.

1 week later
#804 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

So max value is 75M on Arya's enemies ramp shots - then you cash out at orbit (l or r). So with 5x playfield and 5x multipliers (25x combined) a theoretical 1.875 Billion shot is available. Not sure if you are Tyrell if you can get 6x combo and thus a 30x combined, which would be 2.25 Billion on a single shot
Can someone do this on purpose and record it? we tried but only could get 900M (12x combined)

Yeah, it's pretty fun ratcheting that up. I like to save my Stark for later balls so I can get the higher multipliers, and in match play, I also know what kind of Stark payoff I need to catch/pass someone. I dropped a 675M Stark in a match. It's tough to keep the high level PF multipliers going long enough to let you spam the center ramp to get it to max combo X. And if you take a break to shoot the battering ram, you run the risk of running out of Stark mode time.

4 weeks later
#1163 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. That's a good point. A call out and/or cool sound effects are needed for that HOTK sjp.
On a side note, completing house stark can be quite beneficial during HOTK. After the SJP, there's a 20 second bonus round frenzy and just the other night I got the bonus round going and cradled a ball on the left flipper and was shooting center shots with the right. After a few shots, each shot was awarding 120 mil! It was fun fun stuff. Ended with a 1.7 bil HOTK. Hope to see HOTK and WHC champion table in a future patch
EDIT: but holy hell, is it me or is GOT pro a tough game to keep a multiball alive? Fast and fun!

Now if only the battering ram would register with any consistency, so we don't get screwed out of our HOTK Super Jackpots, frenzy modes (PFx, Blackwater SJP, etc)

1 week later
#1478 8 years ago

Even more than eyes gouged out.... that was just the beginning. the guy gets his head crushed in.
And yes, the mode DMD is definitely revisionist history. Nice choice of words.

#1567 8 years ago

If you're not already a Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast listener, I covered a little bit of the strategy for GOT in episode 216. It's toward the end of the episode. So if you don't have time to read this whole thread, listen to that segment.
Granted, with limited time, we couldn't get into a lot of the details. But I hope you guys enjoy.

#1568 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Random anecdote: by finishing a double mode after having 3 already done, I managed to bring five houses into Hand of the King, but unfortunately found out you don't actually get five rule modifications. Martell was one of those houses, and it was excluded from the four that counted.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about playing 2 houses for house #4 & #5 and the impact on HOTK. In your case, not having Martell as one of the houses for HOTK is a HUGE benefit (Martell makes HOTK more difficult... not easier).

I wonder how the game decides which two of co-battle houses #4 & 5 it gives your for HOTK?

2 weeks later
#1968 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So yea, just had a stark bonus round in HOTK where shots were scoring 1 billion! I looked up and noticed a 1.3 bil shot, nearly shit myself then drained all my balls. Have no idea how I pulled it off. I was playing as stark, so don't know if stark gets additional bonus scoring in HOTK, but one things for sure - I nailed the 4 HOTK shots and ram in less than 5 secs so perhaps the quicker you get those shots out, the higher your bonus round shots? Who knows, but what a rush! After HOTK I was at 10 bil. Finished the game with 11 bil lol.

1BIL base value? Or combo + PFx multiplied?
The two times I intentionally took Stark as one of the houses into HOTK (not played as Stark), my fully combo multiplied (5x) value was just over 200M.

#1973 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I'm officially intrigued now, I must say. I know Stark can influence the scoring of WHC if you get there and nail the WIC hurryups leading up to it.

For clarity: you get the Stark free shooting "benefit" in HOTK if Stark was one of the four houses you defeated to qualify HOTK -- you don't have to be playing as Stark. Playing as Stark gets you the higher WIC hurryup benefit.

#2007 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Got to 687M last night (very good for me )

NEVER be ashamed of getting a higher score than you've had before or having more fun on a pin than you've had in the past.
Congrats!

#2031 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is this the unofficial GOT Pro club? I'm deciding between this and POTC. I feel like GOT is the deeper game, but POTC is the more forgiving game. Anyone have an opinion that gives perspective from non-pinhead folks?

Depends on who the pin is for -- what skill level are they? do they like POTC theme or GOT theme? And do they like interactive toys? Or do they prefer a pin with rules with a myriad of combinations of strategies to maximize points or progress toward wizard goals?

If the primary audience is novice players that enjoy pirates and the thrill of seeing the ship physically sink into the playfield after they bash it enough times, then get POTC.

If it's for medium skill level on up, POTC will get old in a hurry.
Also, if the audience likes games with fast action from successful shots /flow, GOT is far superior. POTC only has one shot that flows back to the flipper, and the rules make the shot fairly useless if you're playing for score.

1 week later
#2163 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

In my room it's sitting right next to Star Trek and 24 and even 24 gets more play.

2 weeks later
#2446 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Edit: Hey wait I got it...player lights LOL with Baratheon with action button once per game

^^^^ THIS!

#2509 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Holy shit KME just destroyed the GOT at PAPA Circuit finals and got 17 billion after ball two. Haha. He had a 15 plus billion HOTK mode. He somehow was getting 2-3 billion per shot during the stark bonus rounds after he got his first hurry up. I think he got two hurry ups in the same HOTK MB. It was crazy to see.
This was all after basically draining on purpose on ball one to have add a ball for HOTK.
Great job Keith! Congrats!

It was the Red Wedding of pinball. Well played, Keith. Well played.

2 weeks later
#2706 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Assuming you are talking Iron Throne (you wrote HOTK). Must have missed the maps. For sounds, all I heard was music. Got a lot more call outs and sound from reg modes and HOTK. Seems as though their should be some battle sounds and call outs in Iron Throne.

Yeah, you must have missed the dots -- cuz you're trying to play the mode
The dots are good for Iron Throne. As you've noted, the sounds and callouts (zero, IIRC) are not.

#2812 7 years ago

Feast for Crows secret easter egg mode.

2 weeks later
#2978 7 years ago

My son's got a good start on the flipper control skills --- now if only he could get that center ramp shot dialed in.
And he's been learning some bad rage tilt habits from playing in league. hehehehehe

(apologies for the terrible microphone/sound)

#3008 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Yes, lots of excellent callouts! I've bookmarked a bunch with the intent of incorporating them somewhere!

Whoa. Seriously!? These are all in there? That's some good stuff we're missing out on!

1 month later
#3373 7 years ago

Yeah, I'm hoping for the action button awards for houses outside of Dorne. But Dwight's still pretty tied up with GB code, I imagine, so we'll need to be patient.

Should we start a separate dedicated thread for our Action button power ideas?

4 weeks later
#3475 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Then played one game as Baratheon and blew the F*ck out of wall multiball and got 3.5 bil in it alone lol

??? What were your Wall MB jackpot values that you noticed? Ever since the code update that nerfed Wall MB, I've never found it to provide much scoring (even with PFx and ComboX ratcheting up the jackpot and super jackpot values).

Is there something different you did to capitalize on the Baratheon benefit to Wall MB?

3 weeks later
#3645 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I really hope Dwight doesnt abandon the code on this game

Me, too. Really hoping for cool Action Button benefits for houses not named Martell.

1 month later
#3746 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I didn't realize the castle collects were multiplied as part of the bonus X. That is pretty valuable in a long ball.
It would be fairly easy to pause the timers though. For each switch hit the timer is paused for 2 seconds. If you aren't hitting switches up their the timer keeps going but if you are hitting shots it's basically paused. Kind of like the pop bumper timer pause in most games.
In modes, I also will often go up their to get some extra time when a modes is getting close and I'm not ready to complete it. I think I'll focus more on getting castles though to exploit those points.

Yeah, I watched Cayle George camp out on left orbit, live catch, repeat during Belgian Pinball Open finals after he had two castles. Essentially 7.5M per shot, and completely safe based on how the R orbit fed back to the flipper.

#3752 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Or it could be 7.5 mil a shot as well as he's increasing his bonus X with every 2 shots assuming they fall into the pops each time.

This ^^^. Every left orbit was feeding the upper lanes, so every two shots was bonus X.

On a very long ball 1 (two blackwater MB's), he took my advice on not disregarding spinner shots. The spinner was not very dialed at all, yet he was getting between 13-18M per spinner shot (un-multiplied). Live catch. Repeat.

4 weeks later
#3844 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's the same. WIC will stop counting down after a couple of seconds if a switch hasn't been hit. Hit another switch and it will start counting down again.

Perhaps the difference was seen is because this is adjustable in the settings. If you choose not to pause timers, then you can time out WIC hurry ups.

#3845 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To start the WIC hurry up, it takes 3 shots to any combination of "iced over" shots. when that third shot is made to an iced over shot, the WIC hurry up will start at that shot.

Thanks. This explains a lot on some frustration I had when trying to hold off on my last hurry up to set up the timing of when my WHC multiball.

1 week later
#3870 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Since doing this the ram registers at least 95% of hits. Im calling this one case closed! What a total game changer!!

Agreed. Blackwater MB is so much fun to play when the SJP registers EVERY time you hit the ram.

2 years later
#5984 4 years ago

Detail that I posted on Tilt forums re: the new GOT code changes to House powers based on watching the stream...
http://tiltforums.com/t/game-of-thrones-pinball-rulesheet/936/575

Can't wait to play it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=Snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.