371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AvidPinPlayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6294 4 years ago

QUESTION: Has anyone experienced an intermittent switch register when the ball rolls through the center ramp? Sometimes, and only sometimes, when I send the ball through the middle ramp it registers and some times it does not. I have checked through diagnostics all the switches the ball goes through and everything is good. When it repeatedly fails to register I hit the ball through another ramp or target and then when I go back to the middle ramp the switch(es) register????

Any words of wisdom here?

#6298 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I'll do more troubleshooting today. BTW I failed to mention that mine is a LE, so the ramps may be different, but regardless you both have given me more options to look at in order to identify the probable cause for this erratic behavior. Again thanks.

6 months later
#6399 3 years ago

GoT LE; Wonder if anyone has experience the flippers going dead during certain multi-balls. It does not happen all the time, but in particular when in castle and winter multi-ball. They do come back to work after a short time. Is this lack of response by the flippers part of the game design, or is this a board issue? I checked all connectors and they are OK.

#6402 3 years ago

Great! Thank you both for your answers. I though it was game play, but wasn't sure.

1 month later
#6543 3 years ago

Yesterday while playing I noticed that after I chose a house and released the ball, the ball no longer makes it to the upper playfield as it did before. It bounces off the diverter into the pop bumpers. During game play the ball does the loop from left to right and right to left so nothing is blocking the loop. Is this a consequence of the new code or should I check the settings?

#6548 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check settings and that the diverter to the upper playfield is actually working. You’re first plunge if the ball or first shot to the right orbit should always go to the upper playfield.

Thank you. Did all that. Narrowed it down to the left/right gates; however, they are both working very well. They open when they need to and close when they need to. In game play it is even more challenging and fun and you get the ball to the throne more often. Don't know what is right or wrong, but other than getting the ball in the upper field from the plunger, everything else is working A OK.

I'll keep my eye on it and see how things develop.

Thanks.

#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So when you hit the right orbit for the first time during a ball it feeds the upper playfield? IE. Can you EVER enter the upper playfield or throne via the right orbit or plunge?
Right - is you get one trip to the upper playfield at the start of each ball. Whether that’s on the plunge or shooting the right orbit, that’s your choice.
If in Castle MB, the right orbit should always feed the upper playfield.
If mystery is lit, shooting the right orbit should feed the throne.
Wrong would be the game not doing this. I’m wondering if your diverter (not the two way gates) is working.

Hi Chuckwurt. The throne is fed OK from the right orbit, the issue is getting the ball from the right orbit to the upper field, even during multi-ball. That tells me there is something wrong with the diverter, right? During the diagnostic testing I hear the sound from the diverter when I hit the test button, which tells me that something is working. I will examine it more closely, may even take it apart to ensure that everything is OK. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your insights.

#6554 3 years ago

I checked the switch you suggested and it works. Also I played a game and the ball goes to the upper playfield during Castle multi-ball.

#6559 3 years ago

Will do all those checks. I have not changed any setting. I had not played the pin in over a month as I bought Elvira HOH and have been playing it a lot (may be GOT is jealous . The code that has is V1.37 from July 2019. Will keep everyone posted in case anyone encounters this type of problem in the future. Thanks.

#6561 3 years ago

Mystery resolved. Two weeks ago I installed a shooter lane protector. This protector created enough of a gap that would not allow the switch at the plunger to signal the left orbit gate to open and allow the ball go through to the VUK. I removed the new shooter lane protector and ... it is now working perfectly. Conversely, I could leave the shooter lane protector and adjust the arm of the switch in order to recognize the ball, but since this pin is HUO I'll just leave the shooter lane protector out.

Thanks to everyone for your support and guidance.

3 months later
#6760 3 years ago

So during various multi-ball if I strike both flippers at the same time they "freeze" and a second or so afterward they start working again perfectly. That is, unless I strike both flippers at the same time again. I asked this question before and was told that this feature was included into the game through one of the updates; I get that. Now, is there in the adjustments section a way to turn off this feature? I can't find one.

#6773 3 years ago

Well I was wrong reference the flippers freezing up during multi-ball. They freeze up every time I hit both flippers at the same time, so it has to be an electronic problem. Has anybody else encounter this problem?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AvidPinPlayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=AvidPinPlayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.