371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "gold".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#280 8 years ago

One thing I did like on GOT (I played it at the DPO, but had seen it before in videos too): normally a kickback to the flippers as in F14 always kicks the ball back, now with GOT it's still one shot, but it can do 2 things (kick back, or keep the ball and trade your gold). Very easy to make, but hey, I don think it's been done before(?) and I think it is nice to keep seeing some new things like these (if I'm not mistaken that it's a 'first').

4 weeks later
#544 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you gotten to Winter has Come? Basically you have to complete all the Winter is coming hurry ups.
Also, I am sure there will be another wizard mode (or maybe there already is), for doing things multiple times (like Star Trek). Not sure what happens after you complete Iron Throne mode, but it would be cool if you didn't win the Iron Throne you had to start all over again, or at least get some of the completed houses taken away that you had to defeat again to get back to the Iron Throne mode.

I kind of like the idea(referencing Champion Pub) that once you have taken the iron throne that you defend it against attacks from other houses. As in Champion Pub you would have to risk your points or gold and winning you double them or you can actually lose points/gold. I always really liked that feature in Champion Pub that once you were champion the stakes got really high in risking your points.

Loving my LE so far, tons of room to add more dots/animations and call outs. They get really repetitive as is, hoping there is tons more to come for each mode to keep them more fresh.

1 week later
#577 8 years ago

GoTLE does kickass. I made it to the iron throne. Wow what a rush

Everything is set to factory settings.

Really no idea what I was doing but hit

BW mb
Wall mb
WIC mb

I played house Martell. That add a ball during mb is gold to keep mb going

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#588 8 years ago

I just played GOT Pro on location for the first time on Thursday and could not get enough! I'm not sure I've ever had so much fun with a pinball right off the bat. That dragon shot screaming back on way made me jump out of my skin every time. The ramps are so satisfying and smooth. The modes are interesting and unique, and your ability to choose when and how to stack them is a great strategic element. This machine was on a super steep pitch and the ball was just flying around like crazy. Those gold targets are deadly as hell. GOT Premium Refinery Edition jumped to the top of my wish list. Just love it.

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Shots are just too safe on the pro. It's a 180 to the layouts of TWD and MET and is going to get boring for a lot of players with excessive game times. Theme is decent as are the rules, just a boring and safe layout. I don't see how this changes with the Prem/LE. The one I play on location may just be set up to easily but I've put up 3+ billion without really understanding the more nuanced parts of the rules, seems almost early ST code.

Well, I'm not a terrible player by any means, but ball times are pretty short on the LE. Those gold targets almost always shoot the ball SDTM, and I've had many times when the sling bounces the ball right to the outlane. Brutal game...and that's before the ball dribbles out of a bricked lock shot or battering ram.

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'm not a terrible player by any means, but ball times are pretty short on the LE. Those gold targets almost always shoot the ball SDTM, and I've had many times when the sling bounces the ball right to the outlane. Brutal game...and that's before the ball dribbles out of a bricked lock shot or battering ram.

Are the gold targets the drops on the left?

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is there a reason to shoot those outside of a MB?

They are what earn you gold to spend in the mystery dragon shot or mystery throne shot. If you choose Lannister as your house they are worth more. Also the Lannister mode requires you to hit those targets to lit the mode shots that you need to make to complete the mode. Not sure they have a purpose in MB?

#668 8 years ago

Pro

V1.18 - December 22, 2015
==========================
- SHOOT AGAIN insert will now be visible during bonus count.
- Adjusted timing of first Martell "2 more to light" movie.
- Fixed message typo "CHANGE YOUR CHOICE"
- Tweaked the instructions for Baratheon Start
- Tweaked wildfire RGB color for blackwater to be more green
- Fixed ball not leaving after mystery if you choose your
last advance wall.
- Disabled flippers during video mode
- Fixed INSTANT INFO spinner page. Cleaner layout, shows
full value.
- Added an Adjustment to control the number of house
completions needed to light extra ball. The default is 3
houses to light extra ball.
- Added Bonus Multiplier to the bonus instant info
- Added houses needed for extra ball to instant info
- Tweaked Blackwater multiball 3rd ball lock to include the
archer.
- Tweaked Instant Info pages for houses. Added sigil and
total value awarded.
- Fixed Video mode instruction text
- Fixed broken SJP scoring from a previous release -
SJP == ((6 * SJP level * jackpot amount) + SJP BASE AMOUNT) * playfield mult
- Fixed - Mystery will not be lit if Wall multiball, Hand, or Iron
Throne is ready to start
- Added slight pause to left drop target bank reset during gameplay.
- Fixed - Attract mode casual mode message will not play if there
are no credits.
- Remove speech that was hard to understand at the end of multiball
- Fixed - Multipliers will now always pause while in mystery.
Mystery and Video mode
will now pause the timers correctly.
- Added speech for getting the super jackpot and awarding it.
- Added the ability to buy Bonus held from Mystery
- Tweaked the bass of some sounds.
- Tweaked the scoring for Hand of the King Wizard mode. Only the
best four shots of each set will contribute to the Super jackpot
value and therefore the SJP Hurry Up value too.
- Tweaked - Hand of the King can no longer be started during house
modes.
- Tweaked how much things cost in Mystery
- Cleaned up the text for Instant info for wall multiball.
- Added Secret Multiball (Make sure your clock is set)
- Added speech to Blackwater Multiball jackpots.
- Tweaked - Drop target bank awarding Lord of Light has been reworked.
The bank will no longer care about ball in play. Difficulty
adjustment added. Once Per Game is now the default.
- Added speech to Wall Mulitball jackpots.
- Added additional top gate logic after Wall Multiball has been
completed. Left orbit will always loop after the first wall.
- Tweaked - Use shorter bonus multiplier sequence when awarded
thru pops.
- Addressed a couple sound issues. Sounds should hiccup less.
Engineering analysis ongoing.
- Fixed - control gate logic should work more consistently.
- Reduced how much Wall jackpots and super jackpots are worth
- Increased how much WINTER HAS COME Boss is worth.
- Changed the calculation that converts wildfire into jackpot value
for blackwater multiball. Jackpots are worth more with less wildfire.
This also increases the super jackpot values too.
- Tweaked how much gold you get from different areas of the game. If you
are not Lannister you will average less gold per ball.
- Increased how much gold is worth from bonus.
- Reduced the number of sets needed to "complete" Hand of the king from
4 to 3. Greyjoy still reduces it by 1 from 3 to 2.
- Added to casual mode - lamp effects are less intense. Casual mode will
override the adjustment "REDUCE INTENSE LAMP EFFECTS". If the game is in
casual mode lamp effects will be less intense.

#726 8 years ago

It does feel easier to get to hotk etc which is somewhat intentional. I think its just good coding and rules. The game progress never feels tedious and disjointed.

By the time i get to km on st im already semi bored and ready to turn the game off even with gold medals and 2x running.which is a shame asits such a good sr shooter

#849 8 years ago

Nice Dave! Yea getting to hand the first time is intense. I been there a few times now and have no idea what to do, but thanks to LOTR_breath posting this from the bugs thread, it'll be a little more helpful

You guys need to read the code read me files if you have not. There's some great info in there...
Back in v1.03
- Each House completed before Hand starts will change or add to the rules
of the multiball.
- Targaryen will increase the base value of all shots
- Stark Will add a "Bonus Round" at the end of each set
- Baratheon will increase from 4 shots needed to all 7 shots.
- Lannister will increase the starting value of the SJP Hurry Up
- Greyjopy will subtract one set needed before SJP Hurry Up.
- Tyrell will increase the value of the Super Jackpot
- Martell - Each shot needs to be shot twice
v.1.16 added this
- Added more interesting rules to WINTER HAS COME
- 3 phases: HORDE, BOSS, FROZEN
- HORDE:
- 7 shots, shoot all to complete and start BOSS
- Each shot made starts or restarts a timer
- Each time the timer runs out one more shot is added back
- BOSS:
- 3 Shots individually timed are timing out fast
- If they all time out the boss will attack and you will be FROZEN
- Each time one is shot it will start a new shot timing out.
- 4 shots collect the SJP == the total of the 4 Winter Is Coming values
collected
- GOTO HORDE
- FROZEN:
- Shoot one shot within a small window to unfreeze and restart BOSS.
- If the time runs out go to HORDE
- Changed the number of Winter is coming needed from 7 to 4.
And in v.1.18
- Reduced the number of sets needed to "complete" Hand of the king from
4 to 3. Greyjoy still reduces it by 1 from 3 to 2.
- Changed the calculation that converts wildfire into jackpot value
for blackwater multiball. Jackpots are worth more with less wildfire.
This also increases the super jackpot values too.
- Tweaked how much gold you get from different areas of the game. If you
are not Lannister you will average less gold per ball.
- Increased how much gold is worth from bonus.
- Reduced how much Wall jackpots and super jackpots are worth
- Increased how much WINTER HAS COME Boss is worth.

1 week later
#944 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is the button on the lockdown integrated fairly well at this point?

PRO - You can cash out your gold for points during your ball by hitting it, and the Martell house if you play them it';s used to add a ball during MB...so it's decent I guess.

#994 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

2. you can backhand everything but 2 shots (the dragon with the left flipper and the right orbit with the right flipper)

You can backhand the dragon, but it is extremely difficult to do. I have done it a few times (out of MANY attempts) and you just need the right ricochet off the gold target on the right of the entrance. Since the standup targets can slightly shift position, this may change the dynamic of the shot.

Rob

2 weeks later
#1159 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got the bonus round going and cradled a ball on the left flipper and was shooting center shots with the right. After a few shots, each shot was awarding 120 mil! It was fun fun stuff. Ended with a 1.7 bil HOTK. Hope to see HOTK and WHC champion table in a future patch

Man I suck at pinball. It's fun as hell, but I'm such a crappy player still. I'm having a difficult time hitting the ramps consistently. I bricked so many shots on the gold targets yesterday that I started playing Lannister.

I put the game up to 7deg last night and it's to ruthless for me at this point. I think I'm going to drop it back to 6.5deg

1 week later
#1351 8 years ago

I added these mini figures to the PF yesterday (also Gold Flippers/rubber):

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1402 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The set it up is on.
image_(resized).jpg

cool, where did you get the gold shooter rod and housing?

#1495 8 years ago

Lannister house is hit gold stand ups between lanes to light them, then hit 5 lanes to win
Stark is, hit the ramps 3 times or more then an orbit to win
Martel is hit 3 orbits then a ramp to win
Tyrell is shots to the right stand ups then to a ramp then back to the stand ups. (Do this a couple times)?
Berathion is shots to the left. orbit lights, then orbit or kickback light. Finish it off with the drop targets.
Greyjoy is hit each main shot. Timer resets after each one.
Targarian is a challenge unto itself.

I try to pair Lannister and greyjoy, or Lannister and stark. Stark and Tyrell. Berathion and Martel. Or Martel and Tyrell together. Targarian by itself.

I never do greyjoy with stark or Martel.

Do I have it right? What do you guys play together to complete houses.

#1578 8 years ago

On a pro how do you buy things with gold? Is there a hidden lock somewhere?

Also I think I read the pro doesn't have color changing inserts. If that's correct how do you know the active shots when doing the house battles? That'd be a real challenge to know what to shoot next for all but the 9B point savants, I would imagine!

#1590 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

On a pro how do you buy things with gold? Is there a hidden lock somewhere?
Also I think I read the pro doesn't have color changing inserts. If that's correct how do you know the active shots when doing the house battles? That'd be a real challenge to know what to shoot next for all but the 9B point savants, I would imagine!

When Mystery is lit at the dragon is where you can use your gold.

The leds change colors on the pro, they flash their colors/shots if you have two houses going.

#1609 8 years ago

Is there a positive to picking Lannister? Better mystery options to spend gold? I just like trying all the houses to mix it up. Great to have all this choice of strategy

#1611 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. Maybe a better option would be to beef some of the other houses and/or randomize the house that all players play in competition mode.

My idea to beef up Lannister is the iron bank. Hitting gold targets and making combos increases your iron bank total. But when your ready to cash in your iron bank, it does NOT reset all your multipliers.

The only think they need to change about greyjoy is making Martel harder to complete. Right now it takes three shots and that's it.

#1640 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Is there a positive to picking Lannister? Better mystery options to spend gold? I just like trying all the houses to mix it up. Great to have all this choice of strategy

I'm going to speculate that you do get better options, but this is only from observation when I pick Greyjoy, since Lannister is usually among the first modes I complete.

Of course, you may just be getting better options since you usually have more gold.

#1642 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I'm going to speculate that you do get better options, but this is only from observation when I pick Greyjoy, since Lannister is usually among the first modes I complete.
Of course, you may just be getting better options since you usually have more gold.

As far as I have seen (played about 20 games with lannister house), you only get more gold to start and for each gold target you collect. No changes in the awards in mystery that are available to you. like you said, just have better choices as the choices are based off the amount of gold you have available to spend.

#1736 8 years ago

First hope that T-800 runs another batch of alternate translites.

Then get the speaker light kit and acrylics set from speakerlightkits.com

Then get a shaker motor and a powered sub

Plastic protectors for the slings and return lanes

Titan Competition rings (used clear on mine and it looks great) and replace the stock Stern rubbers.

Put all new shiny pinballs in there and ditch the stern ones.

That's all the stuff I got for my game. Don't think there is much else to consider. Maybe some mirror blades. I thought gold might look pretty good in this. Oh and the sticker for the sword metal plate that pinsider Beatmaster makes.

I am not a fan of stuff on the playfield/ramps, but there are options out there for that kind of stuff too. Enjoy!!

#1785 8 years ago

Here is an installed pic of the Targaryen speaker inserts. They are shown with gold speaker grills to contrast nicely with the black dragons. Also shown with a "winter is coming" speaker panel decal also available on www.modfatherpinball.com

speaker_grill_dragon1_(resized).jpgspeaker_grill_dragon1_(resized).jpg

#1801 8 years ago

Anyone know where I can get some Gold or chrome or maybe even a black chrome flipper bats?

#1802 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone know where I can get some Gold or chrome or maybe even a black chrome flipper bats?

Hmmm back chrome sounds badass! I picked up my gold bats from pinball life a couple of years back on close out (had them laying around till now). I don't think they carry them any longer. Seem hard to find now.

#1803 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/chrome-flipper-bat/ http://littleshopofgames.com/product/gold-flipper-bat/

#1806 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

you cant go wrong with either if you get the side mirrors i have chrome it looks aussom

I was thinking of gold side mirrors. Whoa baby. That might put this guy over the top! haha

#1808 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was thinking of gold side mirrors. Whoa baby. That might put this guy over the top! haha

I love the gold mirrors in LOTR. They would look great with the Pro or LE.

#1816 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Scoring and game play seemed identical. Is there a difference between the modes?

Curious about this too. Also, I didn't know that holding both flippers in does competition mode. Here are my guesses for the changes:

No extra balls in competition mode
No random mysteries. Everyone is presented with the same options if going in to mystery with the same amount of gold
The pop bumper awards are not random either.

#1843 8 years ago

Choose House: At the beginning of a game, you will be able to choose which one out of the six houses to fight for. NOTE: Targaryen can't be fought for, but it can be played.

After choosing a house, you acquire the house's power. These powers are:
- Stark: Winter is Coming hurry-up value starts (10M) higher.
- Baratheon: Get 2 advances towards Wall Multiball. Wall Multiball scoring is higher.
- Lannister: Yellow targets add 100% more gold than usual. Get 500 gold to start.
- Greyjoy: Gain the powers of other Houses for each House mode you complete. CAREFUL: Selecting house Greyjoy prevents you from stacking two modes at once, and adds shots to each mode!
- Tyrell: One return lane is always lit to increase the combo multiplier.
- Martell: During multiball, press the action button (once per ball) to obtain an add-a-ball. Note that this removes the normal "Multiplier Cash-In" functionality that the action button offers.

Skill Shot: Plunge into the lit lane to collect the skill shot award of (500k x Ball #) and 1 bonus X.

Bonus X: Complete the two top lanes to increase the bonus multiplier, and advance to the Wall Multiball.

Bumper awards: Shooting a ball into the pop bumpers allows several awards to be matched up on the display. These can be collected at any time. Some awards I've seen are:
- Increase Winter is Coming (spots a shot)
- Increase Bonus Multiplier (by 1/3x)
- More Time (10 seconds during a mode, or a portion of your Winter is Coming hurry-up)
- Big Points (1 million)
- Advance Wall (advances towards the multiball)
- Collect 5 Wildfire
- Collect 200 Gold
- Light Wildfire Mini-Mode
- Light Extra Ball (at the Dragon)
- Light Sword
- Collect Special
- Add-A-Ball (see below)

Mystery: Completing all of the gold standup targets lights the Mystery shot at the Dragon; shoot it to initiate the award select. You will be presented with three options: keep your gold, and two awards that cost gold. These awards are based on the amount of gold you have collected so far; spend it wisely. Some mystery awards include:
- Big Points (1M, multiplied by playfield/combo multipliers)
- Bigger Points (5M, multiplied by playfield/combo multipliers)
- Video Mode (1x, 2x, 3x scoring)
- Light House
- Increase Bonus Multipliers (by 1/3x)
- Light Lock
- Collect Wildfire
- Light Extra Ball
- Light 1x/2x/3x Super Jackpot
- Light Playfield Multiplier
- Collect Golden Hand (750k end-of-ball Bonus)
- Light Lord of Light (on Outlanes)
- Hold Bonus

Specials: 25 million
Extra Balls: 15 million

Winter is Coming: Once a house is lit, the shot you made to advance to it "ices over". Make 3 additional house advances (shooting a shot or completing a target bank) to start the mode. During the mode, the last "iced over" shot will flash and no other progress (other than locks and multiball starts) can be made. Shoot the flashing white shot to collect the hurry up value. Collect four hurry-up values to begin the Winter Has Come mini-wizard mode. Each of the seven shots can be collected (both target banks, both ramps, both loops, and the dragon).

Multipliers: There are two types of multipliers in the game: one for the overall playfield scoring and another for combos collected. Making shots allows the multipliers for other shots to increase up to 5x. Shooting the battering ram 5 times qualifies the playfield multiplier, and shooting it again begins a round where all playfield values are 2x for a minute and each battering ram shot increases the playfield multiplier by 1x, up to 5x. The higher the multipliers are, the less time you have to use them. These multipliers can be cashed in at any time during the ball by pressing the action button; despite taking away all multipliers, this also can award some decent points. The best way to handle cashing in is by pressing the action button as the ball drains.

Lord of Light targets: Completing the three drop targets to the left activate ball saves at the left + right outlanes. Not sure about awards after the ball saves but there apparently are more.

Wildfire: Shooting the battering ram allows you to collect Wildfire when lit by shooting it again and again. Wildfire increases your Blackwater Multiball jackpots, though it has a diminishing effect the more Wildfire you have. You can also collect Wildfire from a pop bumper award or by locking balls for Blackwater Multiball.

Swords: Completing any house mode (or a pop bumper award) lights the right ramp to collect a sword. These can be multiplied for huge points. They also allow you to advance your playfield multipliers higher -- initially, you can only go up to 2x, but each sword increases the cap by 1x up to 5x.

Blackwater Multiball: Shoot the two standup targets to the right to light lock at the left ramp. Lock 3 balls to begin the multiball. During multiball, complete the five major shots to collect Jackpots and light the Super Jackpot at the battering ram. The Super Jackpot is worth ((6 * SJP level * jackpot amount) + SJP BASE AMOUNT) * playfield multiplier. Even if you've collected a Super Jackpot already, you'll have a 20-second grace period when multiball ends to collect more Super Jackpots. When the Super Jackpot times out with the multiball still running, the Jackpots re-light and need to be collected twice, but the second shot and the Super Jackpot are worth double. Timing out subsequent Super Jackpots will add another shot required for completion at 1x higher multiplier, and make the Super worth 1x more. Locks for the first multiball only require one hit to any green target; further multiballs require both individual targets to be hit.

Wall Multiball: Completing the top lanes 6 times enables Wall Multiball. Shoot the dragon to begin the multiball. Once the 3-ball multiball begins, shoot 3 ramp shots to collect Jackpots and light the Super Jackpot on the Dragon. The Jackpots will then be lit on the loops. Shooting 3 loops lights the Dragon again for a Super Jackpot, and Jackpots return to the ramps. Baratheon's powerup increases the value of the Jackpot and Super Jackpot drastically, and is a viable house for high scores. Further Wall multiballs require 11 top lane completions.

Add-A-Ball: An Add-A-Ball is available for multiball modes other than the Iron Throne by competing a set of "Light/Lock" targets. This makes the next pop bumper award an Add-A-Ball. Note that if an award is locked in, that award will need to be collected before the Add-A-Ball.

House Modes: At the beginning of a game, the house you have selected will always be the first mode available. However, shooting other shots three times each during the game enough times enables other modes to be activated. The shots from left to right enable the modes in the same way I listed earlier. There is also a way to activate collaboration modes between houses, which activate the scoring features of both chosen houses at once for higher risk, but more points. The modes are activated by shooting the left ramp at any time when the mode start light is lit, and a player may strategically choose to pass and choose to battle no houses. Some modes are also timed. Failure to complete timed modes will force the player to restart the mode by shooting the left ramp. Progress through modes is saved only for certain houses. These modes are:

Stark: Loop the left or right ramp to advance the kill list and increase the payoff score, then shoot the left or right orbit to collect the payoff score and finish the mode. This mode is timed. Greyjoy players require both loops and ramps to be shot (for jackpot advances) as well before the mode will end.

Baratheon: You build the value of this mode and then collect by shooting the one of the three targets on the three bank on the left side of the play field. The mode starts with the left orbit shield flashing yellow. Hitting the spinner (from either orbit) lights the mystery shot yellow as well. You must hit at least the mystery shot in order to cash in on the value you've built, which you will know is qualified when the shield is flashing in front of the three bank. Greyjoy players must also hit the center ramp.

Lannister: Shoot gold targets to light two shots and increase shot value. Make five lit shots to end the mode. This mode is timed at 40 seconds. Greyjoy players must hit every shot once (for shot value increases) as well.

Greyjoy: All of the main shots are lit. Complete them to finish the mode. 12 second timer, with the timer refreshing on a completed shot. This house is already spotted for you if you select Greyjoy to begin with.

Tyrell: Lit shots alternate between ramps/dragon and lock targets. For the first cycle, the Dragon and the Ramps will be lit. Shooting a lit shot lights the lock target bank, and shooting the target bank lights the two ramps (no Dragon). After the second cycle, only the right ramp will be lit. Greyjoy players need to hit each ramp shot and the Dragon once (for mode scores) to complete.

Martell: Shoot the left or right orbit three times within 10 seconds (refreshing after the second orbit shot) for increasing mode hurry-up value, then shoot either ramp to finish off the mode and collect the hurry-up. Mode timer is 30 seconds, refreshing if under 10 seconds when a lit shot is made. Greyjoy players must shoot both ramps (for hurry-up advances) to complete the mode.

Targaryen: There are three dragon modes which increase in difficulty. There will be a set number of shots lit. Complete these, then shoot the dragon to complete the first wave. Repeat for waves 2 and 3. The mode will end after defeating each dragon, requiring you to shoot the mode start to begin battle with the next dragon. Defeat all three dragons to finish the mode.

Dragons 1 and 2 will light the ramps, loops, and then dragon for hurry-ups. Level 1 requires one of each ramp/loop to be shot to progress to the next shot, Level 2 requires both. Level 3 lights 3 shots for hurry-ups; collect all 3 to light the dragon. Complete this cycle 3 times to complete Targaryen. Greyjoy players have a hurry-up at the target banks before starting a Level.

Completing three House Modes lights Extra Ball. Completing four normal modes begins Hand of the King wizard mode. Completing all normal modes begins Iron Throne wizard mode.

Winter Has Come Mini Wizard Mode:

Completing four Winter Is Coming hurry-ups will immediately begin Winter Has Come. WHC is a four-ball multiball with two alternating phases:

Horde: A timer is activated, and all seven major shots are lit. Each shot made awards points and restarts the timer. If the timer runs out at any point, another shot will be added. The timer is not shown on the DMD; you must listen carefully for a clock ticking. Completing all seven lit shots begins Boss.
Boss: Three shots are lit as hurry-ups on their own timers. Once one shot is hit, a new shot will start timing out. If a shot times out, a flipper will become frozen and be temporarily deactivated for a couple of seconds, or until a specific shot is hit with the other flipper. If all three shots time out, you'll have to shoot a lit shot in a small period to get back to this mode; if that timer runs out, you'll have to face the Horde again. Collecting four shots during this mode awards the Winter is Coming Super Jackpot, which instantly rewards all the hurry-up values you collected from Winter is Coming again. This will also send you back to Horde, for shots at more Super Jackpots.
The values of the four WIC hurryups collected will influence the jackpot scoring in this mode, meaning Stark's can make this mode quite lucrative. Once WHC is complete, no more WIC hurryups can be collected until Iron Throne is completed; all shots corresponding to lit houses will no longer "ice-over".

Hand of the King Mini Wizard Mode:

Completing four houses will light HOTK.
The houses that you take into HOTK wizard mode can be important. Each house brings with it an attribute that will make it easier or more difficult to get through the mode. They are as follows:

Stark: Bonus round - 20 Seconds of free shooting after a completed set (lights up random shots for points; you may not want to go for these, it's a waste of time and it could end HOTK prematurely)
Baratheon: All 7 shots instead of 4 shots must be completed in order to finish a set.
Lannister: +125,000,000 added to hurry-up
Greyjoy: One less set needed to start super jackpot hurry up
Tyrell: +15,000,000 per super jackpot
Martell: All shots must be completed twice
Targaryen: +750,000 per shot award
HOTK is a mini wizard mode that is completed in "sets".

Each set starts with four shots to complete
The shots needed to complete the set are dictated by the houses you have carried into HOTK with you (more below).
The value collected from shots also adds to the Super Jackpot value
After completing the four shots that are lit, the super jackpot will be lit at the battering ram. The Super is determined through the best shots made in the set. Collecting the super will complete the set.
Completing 3 sets will start a hurry up at the battering ram. Once this is collected or times out, everything starts over.
You'll also notice that the inlanes will be flashing yellow. A ball that travels through the inlane will increase the combo value of each of the main shots by 1x. For instance, if your multipliers are [1x 2x 2x 2x 1x], after a lit inlane, they will be [2x 3x 3x 3x 2x]. This is available at all times, regardless if you have Tyrell's powerup or not. This can also temporarily increase the combo multiplier to 6x.

Iron Throne Wizard Mode:

Completing all of the house modes lights the mode start shot for IT wizard mode. Like HOTK, this multiball is is based on completing sets of shots.

All of the central house lights that normally signify mode completion turn off at the beginning of the mode.
The mode starts out as a 2-ball multiball.
All house shots are lit to start a siege on their castle and light a set of shots.
Each "set" consists of hitting all 7 house shots. Shots turn off as you complete them.
Once all 7 shots have been completed, the battering ram lights for a Super Jackpot + Add-A-Ball.
Collecting a super jackpot will light that house to signify completion.
Start a new set by shooting one of the remaining unlit house's shots.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when you drain down to a single ball.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when your ball ends; you pick up where you left off on the following ball!
Martell's Add-A-Ball can be used at ANY time, including in single-ball play!
After completing the last main castle, you will recieve one last added ball. You will then go through various other castles and cities and collect "victory lap" shots until you are down to one ball, at which point Iron Throne ends.
Casual mode settings

Players will not be able to choose a house at the start of the game. Players will start with House Stark.
STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
GREYJOY starts lit.
No option to PASS on choose your battle
If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
Flashing effects will be set to the less intense setting.
Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.

Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.

#1847 8 years ago

I always trade gold with video mode asap, it is a blast to play

Seriously, i hope the code will improve this sh...

#1903 8 years ago

All of my playing of GoT recently has had a side affect when playing other games.

Was out last night playing some pins, and whatever I played as the ball was draining, I slapped the lockdown bar to try and cash in my gold before I drained.

Looks kind of silly when most games don't have a button there...or gold to cash in.

#1907 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Hah, I was wondering if this was a thing - cashing out just before draining (a bit like JP Smart Missile).
Does this actually have any effect? How tight is the window to cash out?

You usually have enough time to do it. And it depends how much gold you are cashing in, but you get some points for sure. The window of opportunity seems pretty generous.

However, I reread the official rules put out by stern yesterday and they seem contradictory.

In the rules, it specifically mentions that it is likely a good idea to cash out your gold in this fashion. It says something along the lines of, if you don't, you'll be leaving points on the table.

But then somewhere else in the rules, it says that the amount of gold you have has some type of effect on your bonus.

So maybe cashing out your gold all of the time isn't the way to go?

Anyone have any insight?

#1908 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

All of my playing of GoT recently has had a side affect when playing other games.
Was out last night playing some pins, and whatever I played as the ball was draining, I slapped the lockdown bar to try and cash in my gold before I drained.
Looks kind of silly when most games don't have a button there...or gold to cash in.

That's awesome. One thing I'm trying to understand -- when else would you cash in on the gold? Is it simply the gold * the playfield multiplier that cash in the gold at the multiplier rate?

#1918 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

So maybe cashing out your gold all of the time isn't the way to go?
Anyone have any insight?

Iron Bank cashes in your multipliers, not your gold. All your multipliers become 1X. You get points for them based on what your shot multipliers were all added together.

Gold is spent in Mystery. Once spent it is gone. But the game remembers all the gold you have collected, and that is the number used for bonus.

#1986 8 years ago

I saw someone used shiny GOLD bats. Looks pretty nice.

Found it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tq=gold&tu#post-2951223

#1992 8 years ago

Got my pro NIB yesterday. Set it up and played most of the evening. Today I added my mods; shaker motor, dragon speaker grill inserts with the grills painted gold, speaker WIC sticker, sword over the sword ramp, sword lock sticker, slings and lane plastic protectors, and door magnet. Looks and plays awesome! Here's some photos.

#2072 8 years ago

Damn this game Just keeps getting more and more intense. I decided to play a random house (look away and just keep cycling houses then push fire). Ended up picking greyjoy. After getting to HOTK on ball 3, I decided to pass on all modes and go for WHC which I did using my extra ball. I then proceeded to defeat the boss twice, the second time with 5x pf for a total WHC value of 3.6B! Oh, and then right after ending WHC, with 5x still lit, I got a 625mil mystery award that cost like 5 or 6k gold, never seen that before! I barely completed 5 houses and got a 9.6B score - pretty intense game. But that's not entirely why I came here to post, hopefully Dwight is reading cause here's some future code wish list items based on this game:

1. A way to randomize which house you play at game start
2. HS table for BW mb, BFW mb, HOTK mb, and WHC mb
3. Sound effects or call out when you're one or two shots away from defeating the WHC boss and another for defeating the boss.
4. And 4, we gotta get a power item for each house like Martell (but maybe only allow greyjoy to steal passive powers, not the action button active powers).

1 week later
#2160 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm not a huge fan of woz but my issues were with the layout. There is way more to do in woz and if you like the layout it won't get boring fast at all.
Game of thrones has a lot of good flow at least in the pro. But star trek has more and seems like there is more strategy and things to do in Star Trek. I'm not a hater of the game. But it just isn't getting played and I have no real desire to play it. I okay a game on it about once a week and don't feel like pressing start again. In my room it's sitting right next to Star Trek and 24 and even 24 gets more play.

I appreciate the feedback on it.

You mention Star Trek having more strategy and "things to do". My opinion of GOT was that the ability to select your house and battle houses for various scoring benefits would give it more depth in terms of scoring strategy. The way you can stack houses also seemed like a way to make the journey to the throne more exciting. The use of gold to give the game a bit more of an "adventure game" feel comes off as a neat concept to the casual observer. I felt that Star Trek was a lot of wood chopping and didn't offer a lot in terms of variable approach to gameplay. That was before the big code update that added medals and whatnot, so I don't really know what has changed.

Just sort of word vomiting at the moment...Could you elaborate a bit more on ST vs GOT? Is the game more shallow than it appears on the surface (GOT)? I have played the Pro a little, but not enough to be able to make those judgements myself. I owned a ST Premium for a while, and it was fun. But eventually, I started to feel like there was no reason to play any given mode in any specific order. As long as you completed two sides of the grid at once, you were doing it right. There was no reason (at the time I played) to pick Nero vs Klingon Battle or Prime Directive vs Destroy the Drill (unless you were completing two lines). It appears that GOT gives you a reason to battle one or two houses (or to pass entirely). So I'm more just looking to see if my surface views of GOT are skewed or if I'm just not deep enough into the rules to see where my judgement is clouded.

#2194 8 years ago

I think the pro must be an easier game. As the premium is kicking my ass. only 1 game over 1 bil in 2 weeks of ownership.

I assume wall multi ball is much easier to achieve on the pro as all you have to do is clear the top lanes to advance as opposed to hitting the kickback shot? I would think wall multi ball would come every game if that is the case. Top lane have no risk in hitting. The damn gold targets get in my way on the kickback shot. Then SDTM.

#2209 8 years ago

Thinking of getting mirror blades for my Pro. I was thinking either the black or gold ones. Standard mirrors I don't think would fit the theme.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

what do you guys think? I have never bought these before so any information about them would be great!

#2210 8 years ago

I have the gold tone blades from pinballdecals.com and they are great. No sharp edges and install in 20 min tops taking your time. I have installed less expensive brands and have cut myself. Understand I have had roughly three other brands before I went to pbds and after 6 installs still very happy.

#2211 8 years ago

I have standard blades and they look fine with the chrome ramps but I would rather have gold

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2318 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Just set my game up. Left orbit issues battering ram works well. How do you get the throne shot? I can get to the mini playfiele but no idea how to get the ramp to the throne. Any advice would be appreciated.

It should go in there if you light extra ball or mystery. Light mystery from hitting all the gold targets a la POTC and the green stand ups. Extra ball is lit from completing 4 house battles. Not sure if there is anything else that diverts the ball to the throne.

#2351 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know if you can buy a LOL if you have the settings on one LOL per game and you've already used it?

Yes. Did it the other night. Pretty expensive award though. I want to say at least 3k of gold. I also found out that the most expensive award available right now is 150 million points for around 5,400 gold.

#2354 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

You probably did. I believe that award is just a 25m base value. It does, however, take your combined multipliers that made that shot into account, and what you see is the multiplied points.

Nope. It's called the "biggest points" award and it's a base of 150 million, hence the 5k+ Price tag. I've only collected that much gold once and that was all I was trying to do.

1 week later
#2457 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven't played GOT in a pump and dump yet, but I think I would go Greyjoy. the fact that I am getting a sword right off the bat, and I just need to complete Martell to get that power, and my second sword (unlocking all multipliers), that's the recipe for the highest scores IMO.

Greyjoy getting a free sword at the start of the game needs to be nerfed. The ease of completing Martel as Greyjoy needs to be nerfed as well. That would even out Greyjoy I believe.

I really like the idea of giving baratheon a power to light LOL on command. Otherwise, allow them to light LOL every 3rd bank of drops.

For Lannister, I'd say either once per ball be able to collect all remaining gold targets + light mystery. And/or give them a few extra gold award items to choose from. Like a 20 second ball saver; or extra ball to play with in black water mb, etc...

For stark; *SHOW SPOILER ALERT* I say when you hit the button the lights go out, flipper power dies and you get a random animation of either Ned getting his head lopped off, rob getting arrows to the chest and back, robs pregnant wife getting stabbed in the stomach, robs wife getting her throat slit, Jon snow getting assassinated, or the dire wolf being murdered - well that last one may be too harsh for pinball. But, point is if your stark you're gonna die tragically might as well as kill the player too for doing good and hitting the button

#2610 8 years ago

Anyone install the Stark side rails? Can't believe you have to drill all those new holes :-/ Any wouldn't gold look better than silver? Just talking out loud here...

3 weeks later
#2902 7 years ago

Ordering a GoT Pro tomorrow and wondering if anyone has installed gold mirror blades on theirs? I have a set that was going to be installed on my Shadow when I finished it. But I also have a spare set of regular mirror blades I could also use.

#2904 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ordering a GoT Pro tomorrow and wondering if anyone has installed gold mirror blades on theirs? I have a set that was going to be installed on my Shadow when I finished it. But I also have a spare set of regular mirror blades I could also use.

I think the gold would look great on a GOT pro.

#2905 7 years ago

i have a regular set of mirror blades for my GOT pro, no installed yet, i'm lifting that playfield almost every day to install mod and trying new stuff.
i'd be curious to see what gold looks like installed before i make my final decision.

anyone have pictures of gold mirror blades in a pro?

#2906 7 years ago

Haha. We are all being pussies about pulling the trigger on gold blades. I nominate PoMC to do the first install pics as he already bought them

#2907 7 years ago

In for pics of the gold blades!!

#2908 7 years ago

I'll install them and take pics for everyone to see, even if I don't leave them on. I saw some great looking artwork blades in this thread that I might consider since the gold blades are supposed to go on Shadow.

#2911 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Will B/w blades work on a stern?

No, they haven't in my experience. I bought a set and they accidentally sent W/B and they were not cut the same.

Gold blades made a huge difference in my LOTR. I love how they look.

#2912 7 years ago

Here's some gold accents on my pro (inserts on the stark rails and leg bolts) subtle but I think it adds a lot...wonder if gold mirror blades would be too much.

#2913 7 years ago

These are the blades I think I want, looks like they're a Stern mod. I'll still install, or at least hold the gold mirrors in place and take pics, but I think this potentially looks the best.

http://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product_detail.asp?productId=525&categoryId=64&returnPage=%2Fproducts%2Easp%3FcategoryId%3D64%26returnPage%3D%252Fcategories%252Easp%253FcategoryId%253D23

#2920 7 years ago

What are you guys using for the gold behind the side armor? Looks great!

#2948 7 years ago

Who was it that was putting gold mirrors in and did they ever post pics?
I'll be making my mirror blade order in the next couple weeks, thinking gold but they're pricey.

#2949 7 years ago

I have the gold blades, but not the GoT yet.

#2958 7 years ago

where's the pictures of gold mirror blades installed in GOT

1 week later
#3027 7 years ago

My GoT arrived this week. I realized my gold mirror blades are for Bally/Williams, so they have the bolt hole. Not going to unpackage them since they're slotted for The Shadow.

Today I added clear flipper buttons with white LED strips lighting them up, wood signs and wired up the subwoofer. Also added the swords I bought and instead of placing them behind the stand up target brackets, I cut them to proper length and installed them on the spotlight posts to hide the ugly posts. Another sword was placed on the wall of the shooter lane and another placed across the top of the left ramp.

Still waiting for the flipper decals and the Stern desert sideart.

20160524_164457_(resized).jpg20160524_164457_(resized).jpg
20160524_164508_(resized).jpg20160524_164508_(resized).jpg
20160524_164520_(resized).jpg20160524_164520_(resized).jpg
20160524_164526_(resized).jpg20160524_164526_(resized).jpg
20160524_165819_(resized).jpg20160524_165819_(resized).jpg
20160524_165839_(resized).jpg20160524_165839_(resized).jpg

#3032 7 years ago
Quoted from hornisse69:

Someone have done Coin Insert for the reject Button ?

i did those for lanister, they look pretty good on mine, also did the gold start button as well

#3066 7 years ago

Im in; i wont be able to play until Sunday but i say we dont just do highest score but rather post our scores for each house played. I dont mind wiping my 12bil Tyrell score to keep track

Also, whats the best way to turn off EB's? I know there's a setting in the menus to set # of extra balls to 0, but in past sterns - this setting hasnt worked properly. Does it work for GOT?

And before chuck asks, yes i have tilt warnings set to factory of 2 and LOL on factory once a game - which pretty much means my game is at factory.

Oh and i had a great idea for a future update: ability to purchase extra tilt warnings with gold from the mystery store (Yes, i tilt often - i like a medium to tight tilt when i play).

#3093 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is my Lannister score. I had to scratch and claw to get this. What a pain in the arse!

After reading your message last night about Lannister I was able to get 2.5 billion on a game. It might be closer to 3 billion but I'm not at home to verify. The thing is, I never get enough gold the buy anything worthwhile. I haven't even seen the video mode available in quite a while and it's not turned off. I've been playing Lannister because I want to see what kind of gold I can get with it. I will post a picture when I get back home later.

Rob

1 week later
#3160 7 years ago

OMG! This game still has things that make me go WOW! So tonight I defeated the video mode for 300M points. How? I played a long BFTW and came out of it with 5x playfield going. Immediately I see mystery is lit and I shoot it, all the while thinking "give me something good to go with this 5x". I've got a decent amount of gold and my most expensive choice is 3x video mode. I beat his ass pronto for 20M x3 x5 = 300M!

1 week later
#3205 7 years ago

Since I'm in the process of acquiring Hougie's GoT machine, I started watching the show from the beginning last night. I'm up to episode seven already. I'm way behind, but the story seems interesting enough to get all the way through it. Just completed the crown of gold ending...probably should've been more specific with that request. Hopefully the pin is fun too. I had never considered either the show or the pin before he offered it up in a trade.

Is there a go-to place for GoT mods or is there a must-have list? I'm coming from a Tron where there was pretty much a $1,000 entrance fee in mods just to make it look right. Thankfully, those were already there when I got it. I already have Modfather's steampunk-looking flipper gears on the way. Seems like the playfield could've had a few smaller 3-D printed landmarks like the wall or something like that about the size of the 3D buildings on the sides of Ghostbusters Premium.

Finally, I get the vibe that this game was crushed under the weight of its hype--and that hype has moved onto Ghostbusters where those who worked themselves into a frenzy are now just as underwhelmed because that game is too hard for them. Social media and Twitch seem to be leading to information and hype over-consumption to the point where no machine will ever fully please the masses. I can't imagine TZ or TAF not suffering the same fate if they were released today.

1 week later
#3231 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

can you justify the 250$ price tag? i am considering these as my right flipper has ring dents in the cabinet, the same kid also chunked out a piece of the decal on an avengers, "oh that was me?".

If you have a gouge there then yes..keep in mind I had to remove the insert and paint it gold too (came chrome but doesn't match the pro). Lollipops work too but don't show your allegiance lol

3 weeks later
#3384 7 years ago

But I always thought The Button should do other things depending on what house you picked. The "cash in your multipliers" stuff is honestly never, ever worth it, and it degenerates into me telling a new player just to hit The Button when you drain for free points. I was thinking:

Stark - Instant credit for any WIC hurryup. Works once per set of WIC hurryups leading to WHC. Also can be used once per WHC to get instant credit for any shot. (I'd also add that the WIC hurryups should reset such that WHC is not just a "once-per-Iron-Throne" thing.)

Baratheon - Instant credit for any shot during Wall. Works once per Wall.

Lannister - Credit for all standups, granting you the gold and lighting mystery immediately (once per ball).

Tyrell - Max out combo multipliers for your next shot (once per ball).

Martell - Unchanged.

Greyjoy will incorporate all the above functionality. In the event you could theoretically collect 2 or more awards (e.g. a Wall jackpot and add-a-ball), you just get them both at once. The Button collects whatever it can, and perhaps the colors will pulse to indicate what you'll get when you hit it.

3 weeks later
#3438 7 years ago

Since this thread is nice and active, can someone explain how to complete House Lannister? I've done it, but I'm not exactly sure what I've done? "Hit 5 red lights to complete. Gold targets light red targets." Huh? Some of the house modes are a tad confusing.

#3439 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Since this thread is nice and active, can someone explain how to complete House Lannister? I've done it, but I'm not exactly sure what I've done? "Hit 5 red lights to complete. Gold targets light red targets." Huh? Some of the house modes are a tad confusing.

Yeah two steps to this one. Hit gold targets. They light red shots. Hit 5 red shots to complete the mode.

If you hit a gold target, it will light the shots on either side of it red. For example, hit the gold target next to the left orbit, the left orbit and kickback will light red.

#3441 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I hate when it is just like it says. I think what was confusing to me is the mode starts with two red targets already lit if I remember correctly.

Should be only gold targets lit. Might be able to change that in the settings though.

2 weeks later
#3601 7 years ago

My GOT premium has a weird switch problem that started last night. Occurred during one game, not the next, then started again. Even pre-plunge, hitting the flippers was activating a switch, low value, I think like 20 points - the sound it was making kinda sounded like one of the gold switches being hit or something. I went into the menu, and the active switches are as follows:
2 x eos, 6 x trough, #16 power interlock, #45 10 points, #85 up left 10 points, #88 dragon home, #90 1 bank drop. I hit the flippers and shook the machine a little to see if any additional switches activated, but nope (except the two flipper switches, as they should). Can anyone confirm whether my list of active switches is as it should be?
Probably unrelated, but I'll throw it out there just in case . . . you know how when you push a flipper button halfway down, it activates the lower flipper, but not the upper flipper so you could cradle on lower while playing upper? One of mine is reversed so that a half press activates the upper flipper, not lower. Never noticed this before, so I can't confirm whether it has always done this. Just think it's weird, and since I'm having an issue with the flippers causing a switch hit, maybe related?

2 months later
#3820 7 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Think we will get any more GOT code updates? Or this game done and it is what it is? I like what the code is now. Would like a bit more fine tuning though. Call-Outs, DMD animations and cut screens, and maybe a bit more interactivity with the castle. Maybe a cool storm the castle hurry up mode or something.
Anyone else have ideas on what they would like to see in a code update?

1. I'd like to see the center ramp sword lock logic tweaked for better flow.

2. A dramatic sound effect or call out is needed for hitting the Hurryup SJP in HOTK

3. Sound effects or call outs are needed for progression through WHC multiball

4. More gold store rewards to help benefit house lannister. Maybe even allow the store to be accessed during a mode if you're playing as lannister

5. Pause playfield multipliers whenever you enter gold store, extra ball, or wall mb.

6. Give iron bank some meaning and effects. Example: if you have 3x pf lit and you use your iron bank, give a light show that expands outward from 2x pf to all inserts and then again from the 3x pf multiplier. Iron bank also needs more meaning rather than points, like award the player a jackpot shot if used in multiball, or award a mode shot. Give it some gameplay features rather than a button to mash when you lose your ball.

7. Fix the bug if you enter HOTK or WHC multiballs with 2 balls locked for BW multiball and add a ball from the sword lock, itll end your multiball prematurely if you drain to 2 balls then hit the center ramp - it'll lock the ball and end multiball.

8. Option to tone down WIC and WHC lighting effects.

9. Super skill shot awards:
Stark: increase WIC values
Baratheon: increase spinner level and/or increase wall jackpot value
Lannister: award 750 gold
Greyjoy: light sword (on the flipside, do not start this house with a lit sword).
Tyrell: points
Martell: points

2 weeks later
#3876 7 years ago

Sounds like pinballsidemirrors do not make gold blades anymore which is a bummer cause I was looking forward to getting them in my GOT PRO one day. Anyone know where else they might be available?

1 month later
#3961 7 years ago

just installed mirror blades in my pro, what a difference.
i had those for about a year now, i waited because i'm lifting the playfield a lot.

i wanted to go gold but couldn't find them at the time, no regrets at all, it just look awesome with chrome.

mirror blade right (resized).JPGmirror blade right (resized).JPG
mirror blade left (resized).JPGmirror blade left (resized).JPG

#3981 7 years ago

Hand of the King Mini Wizard Mode:
Copied and pasted from Tiltforums. As you can see, Martell and Baratheon punish the most if brought into HOTK.

Completing four houses while not currently challenging a house will light HOTK.
The houses that you take into HOTK wizard mode can be important. Each house brings with it an attribute that will make it easier or more difficult to get through the mode. They are as follows:

Stark: Bonus round - 20 Seconds of free shooting after a completed set (lights up random shots for points; you may not want to go for these, it's a waste of time and it could end HOTK prematurely)
Baratheon: All 7 shots instead of 4 shots must be completed in order to finish a set.
Lannister: +125,000,000 added to hurry-up
Greyjoy: One less set needed to start super jackpot hurry up
Tyrell: +15,000,000 per super jackpot
Martell: All shots must be completed twice
Targaryen: +750,000 per shot award

HOTK is a mini wizard mode that is completed in "sets".

Each set starts with four shots to complete (or 7 if Baratheon is brought in).
The shots needed to complete the set are dictated by the houses you have carried into HOTK with you.
The value collected from shots also adds to the Super Jackpot value
After completing all the shots that are lit, the super jackpot will be lit at the battering ram. The Super is determined through the best four shots made in the set. Collecting the super will complete the set.
Completing 3 sets (2 if Greyjoy is brought in) will start a hurry up at the battering ram. Once this is collected or times out, everything starts over.

You'll also notice that the inlanes will be flashing yellow. A ball that travels through the inlane will increase the combo value of each of the main shots to the by 1x, and set all shots to the maximum current shot multiplier. For instance, if your multipliers are [1x 2x 2x 2x 1x], after a lit inlane, they will be [3x 3x 3x 3x 3x]. This is available at all times, regardless if you have Tyrell's powerup or not. This can also temporarily increase the combo multiplier to 6x.

Iron Throne Wizard Mode:

Completing all of the house modes lights the mode start shot for IT wizard mode. Like HOTK, this multiball is is based on completing sets of shots.

All of the central house lights that normally signify mode completion turn off at the beginning of the mode.
The mode starts out as a 2-ball multiball.
All house shots are lit to start a siege on their castle and light a set of shots.
Each "set" consists of hitting all 7 house shots. Shots turn off as you complete them.
The shot that corresponds to the current House's castle is lit in its House's color and is worth significantly more points.
Once all 7 shots have been completed, the battering ram lights for a Super Jackpot + Add-A-Ball.
Collecting a super jackpot will light that house to signify completion.
Start a new set by shooting one of the remaining unlit house's shots.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when you drain down to a single ball.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when your ball ends; you pick up where you left off on the following ball!
Martell's Add-A-Ball can be used at ANY time, including in single-ball play!
After completing the last main castle, you will receive one last added ball. You will then go through various other castles and cities and collect "victory lap" shots until you are down to one ball, at which point Iron Throne ends. (speculation: does this phase have an end?)

Casual mode settings

In recent updates, Casual Mode is set to off by default.

Players will not be able to choose a house at the start of the game. Players will start with House Stark.
STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
GREYJOY starts lit.
No option to PASS on choose your battle
If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
Flashing effects will be set to the less intense setting.

Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.

Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.

Upper Playfield

The Premium and the LE both have an upper playfield, which consists of two flippers, a scoop where the ball may enter from, three touch targets surrounding two back lanes (where the ball will fall into the left loop), a left castle "mini-loop," and two rubber bits going up the upper playfield to serve as slingshots. In addition, since the switch used to validate the right ramp is hanging into the upper playfield, hitting the wire gate hard enough will spot you right ramp shots.

Castle Multiball

During regular play, the upper playfield is used to advance towards Castle Multiball. Completing a set of 3 targets and then shooting the ball out a back lane collects "Archers!", "Charge", "Breach" and "Castle Multiball" in that order. After collecting one bit of progress a drop target will rise in front of the Right Ramp. Shooting the drop target or starting a mode/multiball will drop the target.

Castle Multiball is...honestly something that not many players seek, so if anyone has any information on it fill me in here. :sweat_smile:

Upper Playfield During Modes

During modes, the upper playfield is used to collect Castles and advance in the modes. At any point, shooting the Castle loop awards certain things in a mode (see below). In addition, hitting one of the 3 lit targets lights the outer targets and awards 5 seconds on the current mode(s). Hitting one of the outer targets lights the center target and gives another 5 seconds. Hitting the center target awards 5 more seconds and lights the castle loop, and collecting the castle gives 15M up front, 7.5M in bonus (!), and lights extra shots on the upper playfield for the following awards:

Stark: 1 Advance value (just like a ramp shot). Collecting the castle also lights the targets.

Baratheon: Build Baratheon Jackpot. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.

Greyjoy: Does nothing before the castle is collected, but lights the back lanes to spot a currently-lit shot afterwards.

Lannister: 1 Advance value (just like a lit gold target shot). Allows value to go beyond the usual maximum. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.

Martell: Build Martell Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets. If the hurry-up is running, points are added on.

Tyrell: Does nothing before the castle is collected, but lights the back lanes to spot the current lit shot afterwards.

Targaryen 1/2: Build Targaryen Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.

Targaryen 3: Build Targaryen Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets, which do damage to the dragon as well (just like 1 hurry-up collect).

1 week later
#4028 7 years ago

here's another nice idea for your game or any other game (i did the same thing with chrome on ac/dc).

i had a chrome/gold trim in stock. (stuff we use for cars).

while i'm waiting for the part to be in stock i did a little test on the translite lift trim. took measurement and just slide/push it in place.
it look so good that i might leave it like this.

a nice touch for about $1.50.

chrome gold trims (resized).JPGchrome gold trims (resized).JPG

chrome gold lift trim.2 (resized).JPGchrome gold lift trim.2 (resized).JPG

chrome gold lift trim (resized).JPGchrome gold lift trim (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#4121 7 years ago

Had a little fun with Lannister today....

So dont know how many know this but there's a bug where if you purchase 'light super jackpot' then start blackwater multiball, you get endless super jackpots!

Anyway, playing as Lannister i built up enough gold to purchase the 'Light 2X super jackpot' then started blackwater multiball. Needless to say, i was getting 94mil supers which turned into close to 400 mil supers as i built the playfield multiplier up to 4X. I could have done better but was more focused on seeing what my jackpot values were instead of gaining ball control. In the end, 5.5 bil final score. Not bad for Lannister.

Now if only we could get Keith Elwin to replicate this in a tournament final ...could you imagine 1/2 billion supers per hit with Keith Elwin at the controls Maybe then, we'd get our GOT code update!

#4128 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Apparently this bug works for any house. So always pick lite super jackpot in mystery. Haha

It does. Not sure what qualifies the lite 2x super though. It's either more gold or after you've played BWMB once.

#4129 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It does. Not sure what qualifies the lite 2x super though. It's either more gold or after you've played BWMB once.

Forever ago I did glass off testing with gold and mystery awards. Basically there is ranges of gold that certain tiers of awards will randomize. Not sure if certain game states influence which awards in that their that you get like Merlin on MM.

#4132 7 years ago

Tried it last night and I've got a new MB strategy. Apparently it takes 1420 gold to get that option which looked to be 3 sets outside of Lancaster. Super easy thing to get as well.

2 weeks later
#4154 7 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

So will there be more updates or has STERN/Dwight moved on and this game is abandoned like many before? There is so much potential here and I think it already is a great game, but with a bit of polish it could be like Met or TWD.

I seem to recall he has mentioned that there will be some more, but probably bug fixes/minor adjustments. I am totally happy with the game how it is now, I think the main realistic change would be to balance the houses better, which would add much to the game imo. As someone else brought up, giving Lannisters something worth playing as. Maybe even accumulating even more gold and being able to buy other houses power/house complete etc.

3 weeks later
#4250 7 years ago

So after sleeping on it. I hope this super stack isn't too greatly nerfed if/when a code update happens. The setup is difficult, but the payoff is not only rewarding but fun as heck. Maybe limit the ball saver to something like 20 or 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes?

And It makes me wonder if picking house Baratheon should get an extended ball saver in wall multiball and house stark should get an extended ball saver in WHC.

Also, I dont think greyjoy should steal ALL of a houses benefits; but partial. Like Baratheon - only get a 50% increase to wall mb. And stark, only 50% increase. Tyrell - takes two roll overs to increase the multiplier once. Martell - only 1 add a ball per game instead of per ball. Lannister - 50% gold increase.

This makes playing the dedicated houses more interesting and appealing. instead of just going for super stacks with greyjoy all the time.

I also think starks WIC values need a huge boost in points. House tyrell alone can nearly match starks WIC value with one in lane rollover.

House Lannister in the show uses money for power, but there isn't much power to be attained in the gold store. It would be cool to give them a once a ball action to activate 2x multiplier and/or refresh the multiplier with the action button.

3 weeks later
#4323 7 years ago

And the Winter is coming decal and speaker dragon inserts and gold speaker grills lol couldn't help myself. It's a Stern Pro, you won't lost your shirt down the road if you find you don't like it. I think it's slowly picking up steam as people realize the dynamic scoring and play it offers.

If Dwight can give it one more pass of polish it'll be masterpiece.

4 weeks later
#4377 6 years ago

Ok so I'm in. 19 hr round trip last weekend but worth it. Running original code and this thing is like NIB.
I will need to learn the rules as it sounds very deep from what i have read. Added some gold accents and might get the big topper also.
Sub is hooked up and shaker installed yesterday. Awesome game.

2017-04-25 16.13.56 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.13.56 (resized).jpg

2017-04-25 16.14.15 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.14.15 (resized).jpg

2017-04-25 16.21.39 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.21.39 (resized).jpg

2017-04-25 16.21.45 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.21.45 (resized).jpg

2017-04-25 16.34.32 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.34.32 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4563 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't feel bad. I've had the game since it came out and have yet to break 2 billion. Embarrassing.

Good lord man.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Damn you Stern and your cheapo coil stops.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if those were old stock?

Oh wow the gold dust is back?! I'll have to check mine...hasn't thought aboot it since the Met days.

1 month later
#4745 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It'd be even better if some of the houses had 2 characters to choose from. With the Stark house, it'd be great to choose between Arya & Rob.

I'd like to see the second hero be purchased with gold. Some crazy amount for an extra ability.

1 week later
#4765 6 years ago

Hey does anyone know if you can get the side armor kit in a split set (left stark, right lanister)?

Or has anyone powder coated a pro? I was thinking gold or a steel kind of color.

#4772 6 years ago

Was two shots away from the Iron Throne last night going with House Greyjoy. What a rush, was so much fun collecting the other houses powers and being able to the use them, great being able to add-a-ball during MB on demand while collecting more gold and shot multipliers lighting more often... Just had one shot left to kill the last dragon and then the center ramp to Iron Throne. Definitely a much harder path than choosing house Martell, but fun to mix it up a little bit.

4 months later
#5179 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Gonna join this club pretty soon and I've got some questions for you guys:
Thinking about getting either the Stern pro art side decals or mirror blades but can't decide which I like more on this machine. From what I've seen both look pretty damn nice. What's your pick?
Does the Pro implement the shaker well and benefit from it? I've played other titles that did and others that did not, but not yet a GoT..
To make getting this baby up to my apartment easier I'll take out the playfield & glass (narrow stairway, every kg less helps). From the manual it looks like it's just two connectors towards the backbox (power and node bus) and 2 to the flipper buttons. Is that correct? It would seem more logical to me if the flipper buttons were connected to the cabinet node.. If they are in fact hooked up to the pf, can I disconnect them hassle-free?
Anything else to take care of?

Im a fan of mirror blades personally. I don’t have them on my GOT yet but I will and hope to someday get gold mirror blades instead of regular. But they’re pricey.

GOT PRO spike is extremely light. You may be able to do the stair climb with the pf in. But taking out the glass is prob a good move too. Not sure who your help is and how bad the climb is but I imagine you’ll want to do it with the legs off too as long as you don’t feel like you’ll need a break to rest the pin down til you get inside.

2 weeks later
#5197 6 years ago

Has anybody used Mezel’s Stern target splints? My gold targets are getting a little crooked and was wondering how these splints work.

#5199 6 years ago

If we were to see an update, what would it take to balance the houses a bit more?

Martell: restrict to only one add-a-ball per game? Or, using the add-a-ball doesn't restart ball saver?

Baratheon: start with two free wall advances (or perhaps, each set of drops counts as a wall advance), and make Wall more valuable?

Lannister: start with way more gold (2000?) and add lots of new stuff to Mystery (like being able to qualify houses, or buying your way to playfield multipliers)?

Stark: higher WIC hurryups and change WHC to only require 3 to start?

#5200 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

If we were to see an update, what would it take to balance the houses a bit more?
Martell: restrict to only one add-a-ball per game? Or, using the add-a-ball doesn't restart ball saver?
Baratheon: start with two free wall advances (or perhaps, each set of drops counts as a wall advance), and make Wall more valuable?
Lannister: start with way more gold (2000?) and add lots of new stuff to Mystery (like being able to qualify houses, or buying your way to playfield multipliers)?
Stark: higher WIC hurryups and change WHC to only require 3 to start?

Martell is far too easy to complete with GreyJoy. I thought there's supposed to be extra purple shots to make to steal a house power? Martell is just the same shots are if you are playing as Martell.

Lannister could award more gold, but I think it needs something else as well.

GoT is an enigma for me. I bought mine when the pro was first available a few years ago and it's been more of a casual game for me than anything. I never really got hardcore into the rules as some have and I've never been to Iron Throne. The flippers on mine are so strong that I had to set the playfield slope to almost 7 degrees to counter that.

Rob

#5202 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make the WHC SJP the value of your WIC hurry ups, after multipliers. Have another change in the game to get billions on one shot.

Leave martell as is.

Lannister. More gold, better awards, allow bonus multipliers to be unlimited.

Baratheon. Wall is worth more currently, make it worth even more. And do 4 advances for first walk, 6 for second, 8 for third, 10 for any more.

Greyjoy. Make all modes require the purple shots to complete the mode.

Tyrell. Allow the shot multiplier to reach 6x like in hand of the king.

General rule for all houses. Their specific mode is worth more if you have chosen that house.

#5204 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Provide a shaker strength setting,

You can change the weights on the shaker motor itself, adjust the offset so that it doesnt shake to much.

For code. I’d love to see a hero for each house. Something that you can purchase for gold that gives you a bonus throughout the game. It would be a cool way to include more characters from the show and a bit more depth to the game.

***Also can I get people to post pics of their playfield porduction number stickers. I’d really like to figure out how many were made of each run.

#5206 6 years ago

Rules polish:

+ Winter has come:
> Leave the jackpot value at the base WIC value. Instead, raise all base WIC values higher.

+Houses:
> Stark: raise WIC values even higher. Decrease # of shots to get the super jp in WHC mb.

> Baratheon: I like chuckwurt to increase the scoring more and make second attempt to qualify it easier.

> Lannister: increase gold. Allow gold to be spent while a mode is active. Increase ball saver time across the board by 5 seconds for all multiballs and beginning of ball.

> Greyjoy: Just make Martel mode more difficult. Maybe only allow the martel add a ball power to be allowed once a game rather than once per ball as Greyjoy.

> Tyrell: no changes needed

> Martell: no changes needed.

4 months later
#5393 5 years ago

I’ve played hundreds of games and never seen anything like this until just recently. It was “Biggest Points”, at 15x. It pays to have a good shot multiplier when spending your gold.

E5F60724-14F0-4FA1-86AE-5BE25562D89A (resized).jpegE5F60724-14F0-4FA1-86AE-5BE25562D89A (resized).jpeg

#5395 5 years ago

Don’t know that I had ever seen it before, but 375m divided by 15m is 25m. Maybe it was “Big Points”?

Would it make sense that I could have bought 1m points (base) for 120 gold? Because that would also be proof of 15x. (I had 3x playfield running, though wasn’t aware that my shot multiplier must have been 5x).

Maybe the value can be higher for larger levels of gold? I think I was playing Greyjoy, and probably would have beaten Lannister already. Since I never pick Lannister and have only started playing Greyjoy more, it would make sense that I almost never get this much gold.

1 year later
#5969 4 years ago

So I’m a little confused on the Lannister power. Can you use their buy multipliers power as often as you want granted you have gold? Or just once a ball?

#5970 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I’m a little confused on the Lannister power. Can you use their buy multipliers power as often as you want granted you have gold? Or just once a ball?

As long as you have the gold AND the swords collected to allow the level you are buying. So yes, you could go smack, smack, smack and go from 2x to 5x in a second.

#5971 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yep. As long as you have the gold and have unlocked that specific multiplier level via collecting swords, you can do it as many times as you want.

However. I don’t think it’s possible to keep buying 5x. Once you’re there you might only have that 20 seconds or whatever then it goes back to nothing.

#5973 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Must have your gold built up and buy as often as you want.

#5990 4 years ago

Just watched the stream recording and I am quite impressed, great job Dwight! It's really awesome that after all this time Stern allows you to spend weeks on polishing and reworking a game 3 years out of production (not counting the few 100s they are making right now). Shows dedication to the products, probably no one would have thought of them a couple of years ago..

I like that we are getting the new system too, that should hopefully fix the very sporadic volume changes and light show fails
Got a few suggestion though, maybe Stern is reading in here or their testers could get this out to them:

Regarding the random house selection:
In the adjustments a setting for "Random (all players)" and "Random (per player)" would be awesome.
Also choosing random should at least have some benefit to it, maybe slightly higher base jackpot/mode values, a little bit more start gold, or a general +10% score.

Ideas regarding Skill shots on the Pro:
Maybe have an increased score for a hands-free skill shot lane hit. Maybe award something when the orbit switch is hit, but the ball does not enter the pops. Maybe have a super skill shot chosen by holding the left flipper button when plunging, that locks lane change till the next switch hit, opens the pop diverter and scores big time when you hit the lit lane.

Can't wait to put the update on my machine

#6036 4 years ago

Code!!

PRO V1.36 - July 14th, 2019
===========================
New:
- Added a lamp effect when a playfield multiplier is lit.
- Added a lamp effect when a house is lit.
- Added flasher and sound effects to the sword lock eject sequence during
BLACKWATER MULTIBALL.
- Added Adjustment for new ACTION BUTTON ACTIONs. There are two choices:
EACH HOUSE SEPARATE - Each of the 6 houses you can choose to be have
something interesting they can do:
TARGARYEN - Freeze all timers for a few seconds
STARK - Once per ball kill one mode with a DIRE WOLF. Collect a
bonus.
MARTELL - Once per ball add-a-ball in Multiball
BARATHEON - Once per ball light both outlanes for Lord of Light for
a few seconds
TYRELL - Once per ball Iron Bank (now worth more)
LANNISTER - Spend 1000+ Gold to buy the next playfield multiplier
GREYJOY - None at start, The button ability of the last house
they have completed.
IRON BANK - The old Iron Bank rule but now with higher scores.
- Defaults to EACH HOUSE SEPARATE.
- You can only have one button ability at a time. If you steal one or buy
one your previous one is displaced.
- If set to EACH HOUSE SEPARATE the button will blink with the following
new colors. The button will be off when nothing is available:
GREEN
- Start a game
WHITE
- Choose your house
- Entering your Initials
- Launch the ball
RED
- Choose your battle
- Video mode attack
YELLOW
- Choose Items to purchase
ON SOLID
- All House abilities in the color of the house
- Stark, Martell, Baratheon, and Tyrell can only be used once per ball.
- If you have two houses stacked and you have the Stark button ability,
the house that is completed will be the top house in the selection pair.
If you don't remember which was the top house in the selection list, the
house that will be completed is the house on the left in the background
with two flags.
- Added 3 Button Abilities to Mystery. You can now buy the Baratheon,
Lannister, or Martell button abilities.
- Added Baratheon house ability. If you are Baratheon, or Greyjoy and you have
completed House Baratheon. The left 3-bank will advance you toward Wall
Multiball when its completed.
- Added Adjustment to start the game from the action button. This will default
to YES. The Action Button will start a game by default.
- Added audits for LORD OF LIGHT.
- Adjustment LORD OF LIGHT LIMIT now limits the number of LORD OF LIGHTs that
can be LIT in a game from the drop targets, PICT-O-POPS and MYSTERY
combined. Default is UNLIMITED which was the previous behavior. NONE will
prevent LORD OF LIGHT from being lit.
- Adjustment LORD OF LIGHT LIMIT now limits the number of LORD OF LIGHTs that
can be LIT in a game from the drop targets, PICT-O-POPS and MYSTERY
combined. Default is UNLIMITED which was the previous behavior. NONE will
prevent LORD OF LIGHT from being lit.
- Added Choosing Targaryen as your house.
- Spots all of the Targaryen modes completed.
- Button ability is to freeze all timers for 20 seconds.
- Added Targaryen Champion in the attract mode
- Added an adjustment to force all players to the same house. The choices will
be PLAYERS CHOICE (default), TARGARYEN, STARK, BARATHEON, LANNISTER, GREYJOY,
TYRELL, MARTELL, and RANDOM. PLAYERS CHOICE (default) will allow all players
to choose separately, like normal.
- Added RANDOM as a choice when selecting your house. If you select RANDOM the
game will choose which house you will be randomly.
- Added a few speech calls from the show.

Tweaked:
- The display effect for increasing the playfield multiplier
now indicates the new level (2X, 3X, etc.)
- Improved the reliability of the sword lockup device.
- Increased the values of Iron Bank. Its now very worth it if your playfield
multiplier is > 2X.
- Increased all the gold that House Lannister receives (or Greyjoy after they
stole the Lannister abilities):
- Game Start - now 750, was 500, normal 100
- New Target - now 125, was 30, normal 15
- Old Target - now 15, was 5, normal 5
- Targets Complete - now 750, was 450, normal 250
- Top Lanes Complete - now 225, was 35, normal 135
- Pict-O-Pops - now 750, was 300, normal 150
- Ball Lock - now 350, was 150, normal 75
- Completing House Lannister - now 500, was 0, normal 250
- Reduced the default volume from 33 to 20
- Changed the default for the adjustment CASUAL PLAYER MODE from YES to NO.
PRO games will no longer default to casual mode.
- Moved turning Advance Play on, when the game is set to casual mode, to the
right flipper button. Now hold the right flipper button to enable ADVANCE
PLAY for three seconds. The Action button will no longer do this.
- Changed the scoring for the spinner. There are now nine levels instead of
three.
- You can only increase the level of your spinner up to how many house
modes you have completed plus one.
- When the spinner value is increased the value grows based on what
level your spinner is at. Each level grows the spinner faster.
- Each ball the spinner starts a level one.
- Completing the three bank of targets bumps you to the next level.
- Each drop target hit increases the value of the spinner.
- Hitting the battering ram sometimes also increases the value of the
spinner.
- Increased the ball save times for 3 multiballs: Iron Throne, Wall, and Hand
of the King.
- The full screen BARATHEON battle display was updated to indicate when the
left drop target final shots are available.
- Enhanced the display effect for lighting houses.
- Enhanced display effects during WINTER HAS COME MULTIBALL.
- Changed the timer for selecting which house mode to play. It will start at
three seconds. Each button press will add eight seconds. The timer will max
out at 20 seconds.
- Improved the dragon post timing to catch the ball better.
- Increased how many seconds are added back to the playfield multipliers when
you hit the battering ram.
- Increased the max number of seconds the playfield multipliers last before
timing out. Hitting the Battering Ram can now give more time than it starts
with.
- Changed the add-a-ball display effect from the Martell button ability to
read MARTELL - ADD A BALL instead of IRON BANK -> ADD A BALL.
- Increased the scores for Iron Throne.
- Increased the score for Baratheon House Mode and shorted the timer.
- Added a couple seconds to the House Greyjoy Timer.
- PICT-O-POPS will no longer award INCREASE WALL JACKPOT while WALL
MULTIBALL is running.
- During multiball, subsequent balls will not be plunged to the top lanes. The
newly plunged balls will be sent around the left orbit instead.
- Increased the scores for Winter Has Come Multiball
- Removed key lamps during large playfield engulfing lamp effects. You will be
able to see if shoot again is blinking during most of the large effects now.

Fixed:
- During the second Targaryen dragon, sometimes the hurry up value
would get miscalculated, causing scores ending in nonzero values.
- A purchased SUPER JACKPOT wasn't being awarded correctly during
BLACKWATER MULTIBALL.
- Grace periods during BLACKWATER MULTIBALL were not always
handled correctly.
- Improved CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE's reliability. Also, only display the
instructions once per player.
- Fixed misspelling of "WILDFIRE" in PICTO-POPS.
- Removed AD_START_GAME_ON_CREDIT functionality from the game because it now
exists in the system.
- During HAND OF THE KING MULTIBALL (or when playing as TYRELL), rolling thru
a lit return lane no longer displays "+1 COMBO MULTIPLIERS" if its already
at its maximum.
- Fixed INSTALL EXTRA EASY menu option. It should now install correctly.
- MYSTERY was sometimes offering LIGHT SWORDS when it was not available to
be lit.
- MYSTERY and PICT-O-POPS were sometimes awarding LIGHT EXTRA BALL and
SPECIAL when there were none available to award.
- Completing a mode could light EXTRA BALL when there were none available
to award.
- During BATTLE FOR THE WALL MULTIBALL, sometimes the ball saver would run
for an extended period of time.
- Sometimes the time allowed for CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE was not as long as it
should be.
- Shots into the DRAGON KICKBACK were sometimes awarding multiples when
the ball was being caught by the post.
- Video mode collision detect fixed.
- Fixed LORD OF LIGHT handling. The save effects and INSTANT INFO were
sometimes indicating LORD OF LIGHT was in effect when it wasn't.
- Fixed Bonus Held. It will now only give an extra bonus if on the last ball
and you do not have an extra ball.

Moved to SYSTEM 2.31 -
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.49.0

- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only
available when there is an active game. When selected the operator will
be prompted to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once
confirmed and upon exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract
mode.

- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.

- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of
times a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.

- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED
FRACTION".
For a USA coin door when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"

- Updated Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE
INIZIALI"

- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

- Added Standard Adjustment #57 "PRICING FORMAT". Values are:
"STANDARD", "MINIMAL", "STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL", and "MIN W/ MONETARY
SYMBOL".

"MINIMAL" will replace consecutive identical coin/credit increments
with "..".

"MONETARY SYMBOL" will add the leading or trail monetary symbol appropriate
for the currency is use. For CUSTOM PRICING this can be TOKEN, COIN,
SWIPE, or TAP.

USA 13 (as opposed to the current active GAME PRICING) is used to
demonstrate the effects of the different options in the Service Menu as
there is a difference between STANDARD and MINIMAL formatting. (and there
may not be in the current active pricing).

STANDARD - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 2/2.00 3/3.00
4/4.00 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 2/1.00 4/1.50
6/2.00

MINIMAL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 .. 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 .. 4/1.50
6/2.00

STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 2/$2.00
3/$3.00 4/$4.00 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 2/$1.00
4/$1.50 6/$2.00

MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 .. 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 .. 4/$1.50
6/$2.00

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display using Pricing Format. Use <BACK and
NEXT> to select the pricing and EDIT to change the Pricing Format. The
Pricing Format adjustment will also be updated upon EXIT.

- Updated TechAlert switch numbering to be consistent with the game manuals.

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor - Uses button navigation to select and edit
fields. Use <BACK and NEXT> to select the "CREDIT" or "AT:" field and
EDIT to change their value. RESET has the options of setting the
custom price to the FACTORY default or CURRENT pricing as a starting
point for creating the custom price. RESET can also CLEAR the custom price
to create one from scratch. Use EXIT to save and install the custom
price. Added support to specify money format descriptions for: country
monetary symbol ("$", "EUR", etc), "TOKEN", "COIN", and "SWIPE".

- Updated Custom Coin Door Editor - RESET has the options of setting the
custom coin door to the FACTORY default or CURRENT settings as a starting
point for creating the custom coin door. RESET can also CLEAR the custom
coin door to create one from scratch. Added error message when attempting
to EXIT when the custom coin door is not valid (UNITS PER PULSE is zero or
all coin switches have zero PULSES set).

- Updated Pricing Table:
- Updated Australia 5 from "1/$2.00, 2/$5.00, 5/$10.00 AU" to "1/$2.00 AU,
2/$3.00 AU"
- Removed Australia 7 "1/$2.00, 3/$4.00, 4/$5.00 AU"
- Removed Italy 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Italy 2 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Added New Zealand 3 "1/$2 NZ, 2/$3 NZ"
- Updated Switzerland 2 from "1/1 SwF, 3/2 SwF, 5/3 SwF, 7/4 SwF, 9/5 SwF" to
"1/2 SwF, 2/4 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
- Removed Switzerland 3 "1/2 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
- Updated UK 1 from "3/1.00 GBP, 7/2.00 GBP" to "1/2.00 GBP"
- Updated UK 2 from "4/1.00 GBP" to "1/1.00 GBP"
- Removed UK 6 "3/2.00 GBP"
- Removed Portugal "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Germany 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Germany 2 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 5/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Germany 3 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 4 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 5 "1/EUR 0.50, 3/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 1.50, 7/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 6 "2/EUR 0.50"
- Renamed Euro 7 to Euro 4 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 2.00, 3/EUR 3.00, 5/EUR 4.00"
- Renamed Euro 8 to Euro 5 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 9 to Euro 6 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 1.50, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 10 to Euro 7 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00, 7/EUR 3.00"
- Renamed Euro 11 to Euro 8 "1/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 12 to Euro 9 "2/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00, 6/EUR 3.00, 9/EUR 4.00"
- Removed USA 4 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 1, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- Removed USA 6 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 6, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- NOTE: USA 3 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 4, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0" remains unchanged

- Updated Austria default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Belgium default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Finland default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated France default pricing to Euro 7
- Updated Germany default pricing to Euro 2 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Greece default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Italy default pricing to Euro 5 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Netherlands default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Portugal default pricing to Euro 1 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Spain default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Switzerland default pricing to Switzerland 1

- Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings
to/from a USB thumbdrive.
When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"

When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a different DeadPool Pro)
you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"

When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a Munsters Pro)
you can only choose to restore:

"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed below
and all Feature Adjustments.

"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard
Adjustments:
Custom Message
Custom Pricing
Custom Coin Door
"REPLAY TYPE"
"REPLAY PERCENTAGE"
"REPLAY AWARD"
"REPLAY LEVELS"
"REPLAY BOOST"
"SPECIAL LIMIT"
"SPECIAL AWARD"
"SPECIAL PERCENTAGE"
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"GAME PRICING"
"MATCH AWARD"
"MATCH PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"TILT WARNINGS"
"TILT DEBOUNCE"
"CREDIT LIMIT"
"FREE PLAY"
"KNOCKER VOLUME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"GAME RESTART"
"TIMED PLUNGER"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"COMPETITION MODE"
"CONSOLATION BALL"
"PLAYER COMPETITION"
"TEAM SCORES"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD INITIALS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"TIME FORMAT"
"PRICING FORMAT"
"FAST BOOT"
"LANGUAGE"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"

Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This
functionality will be available in the game release AFTER the release which
uses system 2.24.

- Correct the delay between multiple Q24 knocker requests. Previously the
knocks would happen too rapidly and sound like a single loud knock. Now
there will be a 3/4 second delay between knocks. If the sound effect
knocker is also enabled, it will be synchronized with the Q24 knocker.
- Updated COIN DOOR EDITOR to display the selected settings and whether they
are the FACTORY default or CUSTOM configuration.

- Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of
PULSES generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th,
6th). The UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0
to 100. For example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and
right slots generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four
PULSES. The coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars.
Therefore, the UNIT is 25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate
1 PULSE for a single quarter and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a
dollar bill being four quarters.
If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with
different UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom
coin door will be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing
selection.

- Added system adjustment for Spike 2 games when a headphone kit is installed:
"MUTE KNOCKER IF HP DETECTED" - will not play replay knocker sound when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not muted).
"DISABLE Q24 KNOCK IF HP DETECTED" - will not fire Q24 knocker coil when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not disabled).
- DIAG->NODE->BRD->Overcurrent Test now displays Drive/Coil and Light/LED
description instead of device address.

- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added attract mode tutorial videos for inserting coins, pressing
start button, using ball plunger, and flipper buttons.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and
minimum and maximum headphones volume level.
This will limit the selectable volume range from the service menu Plus and
Minus keys and the headphones rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.

- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments speaker balance, backbox speaker type, and
cabinet speaker type for Spike 1 games.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
- "OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit.
- "FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers a
credit
- "ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit
- Adding multiple credits simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only
start a one player game or add a single player.
- Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL
PULSE POWER", "BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".
- Removed Standard Adjustments: "COIN DOOR BALL SAVE", "COIN DOOR DISABLE
TILT", "COIN DOOR OPEN NODE BUS POWER" from games which do not have a coin
door interlock switch.

- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00

- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range is
25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range
is 64 to 255.

- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.

- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu
UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM".
The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker
type.

- Extend TIMED PLUNGER adjustment range to DISABLED or 1 - 300 seconds
- Correct minimum firing time for flipper coil when an EOS switch is
inconsistent or poorly gapped

- Improved LED refresh rate and blink consistency.
- Improved reporting of shorted General Illumination bulbs and sockets.

- Added AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE adjustment. Number of ms to debounce tilt bob.
Minimum value of 750ms, maximum value of 1500ms, and default value of 1000ms

- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of
cabinet speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.

- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00

- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games
that have been played.
- Added Node Bus Communication test to diag menu
- Added adjustment for "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Renamed "BACKBOX BRIGHTNESS" to "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"

- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Added Sweden 3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr by default

- At boot a LOCATING NODE BOARDS message will display if a required node
board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state UPDATING
NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of missing boards
will be displayed and updated as boards are found.

- Added China currency and pricing support
- Added support for eWallet pseudo ticket dispenser device.

#6041 4 years ago

Just to be sure:

If I start as Lannister and I purchase the martell ability... It then changes my button ability for the rest of the ball or game (to add a ball)? Meaning I cannot buy any more multipliers anymore during gameplay with my gold?
Or can I buy multipliers with earned gold again on the same ball once I used my add-a ball in a multiball?

#6054 4 years ago

Wow does the gold ever pile up as Lannister. Cool buying the multipliers too.

#6063 4 years ago

My play at home is also about the journey and not the points, that's why I think it's such a pity Targaryen gets an autospot and Iron throne is a lot easier to reach. Adding a dragon shot on the end of every mode is a great idea but would involve a lot more coding I think.
My idea was to make targaryan instead of a 3 level a 1 (longer) level mode where you have to defeat the dragon that went to the night king.
And direwolves would maybe better to take away one shot in a mode (except the last one to finish that mode) instead of completely finishing the mode at once.
People having their games set to 5 balls (or like it happens a lot on location here in Europe 5 balls + 1 or 2 extra's) means you can knockout 6 or 7 of the 9 modes with your direwolves!! So in my opinion, way overpowered...

For this reason I think I will play at random, cause I see myself picking targaryan or stark to reach Iron throne fast. (info, my game is set to 3 balls + 1 extra, outlanes wide)

If the base value of the jackpots in hand of the king and iron throne would be tied to the nr of shots made in modes then I could live with it too.
Does a defeated targaryen instead of a chosen targararyen gives you more benefit in HOTK?

I've been thinking about playing as Greyjoy as a strategy... the downside now is that you loose the martell ability for the rest of the game like it was in the old code when you had defeated that house (now untill you defeat another house) BUT you get this in return, correct me if i'm incorrect on how the logic works with greyjoy:

- you defeat for example stark on ball 1 and have a direwolf as action button (and increased winter is coming for the rest of the game)

- you start another mode like lannister and you defeat them with your direwolf --> so you immediately get a new action button award in the same ball?: buying multipliers (and of course earning more gold for rest of the game + already earned increased winter is coming)

- you go to baratheon and cash in big with your multipliers from lannister gold and beat them

- you now have a new action button for 3 sec lord of light from baratheon (+ increased gold + increased winter is coming + advance wall multiball faster)

- etc....

So if you defeated tyrell as greyjoy you better cash iron bank when you're about to defeat your next house?

Is this correct?

1 week later
#6149 4 years ago

Game code 1.37 :

LE/PREMIUM V1.37 - July 29th, 2019
==================================
New:
- Added an adjustment to DISABLE THRONE. If this is set to YES the ball will
enter the elevator, do all the throne awards, then kick the ball to the
upper playfield and never send the ball to the Iron Throne.
- Added an adjustment, ALLOW UP.CORNER COMPLETE HOUSE, to allow the owner to
turn off the default upper playfield ability to complete house modes.
- Added an adjustment, LANNISTER BUTTONS PER GAME, to limit the number of
Lannister button uses per game. It defaults to 8. This adjustment is
affected by the difficulty and competition installs.
- Added an adjustment, TARGARYEN FREEZE TIME, to allow the owner to change how
long the timers are frozen. It defaults to 12. This adjustment is
affected by the difficulty and competition installs.
- Added an adjustment, DIRE WOLF FREQUENCY, to allow the owner some flexibility
in how many and how often the player can use the Stark Dire Wolf button
ability. The settings are 0 to 5 times per game and once per ball. The
default is ONCE PER BALL. This adjustment was added to difficulty and
competition installs.
- Added an adjustment, TARGARYEN HOUSE POWER, that allows the owner to change
how many dragons are completed when the player chooses Targaryen for their
house. It will default to all 3 dragons are defeated. This adjustment was
added to difficulty and competition installs.
- Added several adjustments to the competition install.
SWORDS UNLOCK MULTIPLIERS - HARD - Cannot increase playfield until at
least one sword collected.
RAM HITS FOR MULTIPLIERS - HARD - Takes more hits per multiplier
TWO BANK DIFFICULTY - EXTRA HARD - The two bank will always time out.
BLACKWATER BALL SAVE TIMER - 6 seconds
WALL BALL SAVE TIMER - 6 seconds
HAND BALL SAVE TIMER - 8 seconds
IRON THRONE BALL SAVE TIMER - 10 seconds
WINTER HAS COME BALL SAVE TIMER - 10 seconds
LEFT DROPS AWARD LORD OF LIGHT - OFF - Bank will not light the outlanes.
LANNISTER BUTTONS PER GAME - EXTRA HARD - 4 buttons per game
TARGARYEN FREEZE TIME - HARD - 10 seconds
TARGARYEN HOUSE POWER - HARD - Two dragons are completed at the start
DIRE WOLF FREQUENY - HARD - 2 per game Dire Wolf house mode completing

Tweaked:
- If you have less than 300 gold and you had mystery lit, mystery will
un-light until you have at least 300 gold again.
- Increased the cost to buy multipliers with House Lannister from 500 gold per
multiplier to 600 gold per. Meaning you now need 1200 gold for 2X, 1800 for
3X, 2400 for 4X, and 3000 for 5X. It's now a total of 8400 gold for all 4 up
from 7000 for all 4 before.
- Reduced how much gold is awarded to House Lannister for most events.
New Target was 125 now 100
Targets complete was 750 now 500
PICT-O_POPS was 750 now 250
Ball Locked was 350 now 250
Complete Lannister was 500 now 400
- Increased Wall Multiball scores for House Baratheon and all the others.
- Reduced the Iron Throne Scores.
- Reduced score bump in Hand of the King multiball if you brought Targaryen or
Lannister.
- Made the glass shatter sound louder in Winter Multiball when you kill the
lieutenant.
- Improved some choreography
- Improved the Taragryen Champion page of the attract mode to look like the
other champion pages.
- Reduced the max Baratheon score from 275M to 150M
- Increased Castle Multiball scoring. Supers are worth more and each regular
jackpot will increase the Super Jackpot value.
- The 4th stage of Blackwater on the upper playfield now awards a Super
Jackpot.
- Improved the quality of some of the speech calls
- Improved when the game sets valid playfield. This will fixed two things:
- The game will not let you waste your button ability accidently before
valid playfield.
- Short plunging and then hitting drop targets will set valid playfield
and therefore stop people from just letting the ball drain.
- Improved Targaryen award sounds

Fixed:
- WILDFIRE MINI-MODE was misspelled
- Fixed the upper playfield Blackwater jackpot lights not blinking or showing
their state like they should.
- Jackpots were being awarded in Blackwater multiball when the 3rd ball was
being released from the lock. The whole ball release sequence was slowed down
a small bit to prevent this.

1 month later
#6218 4 years ago

I'm having a problem with my new pro model. When mystery is lit and the ball traps under the dragon to spend gold - when it releases it just goes straight down center drain, with the only recourse a massive slide save. I feel like it shouldn't be doing that, at this point I'm just avoiding that shot when its lit. Any suggestions on adjustments to fix that?

#6227 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Thanks for the cards, SkyKing! Have you (or anybody else) update these for Premium/LE? I'm not sure I know all the differences between Pro and Prem/LE and I'm not ashamed to admit that

You're welcome! I have to make one more correction on them, apparently the Lannister multipler purchase is 600 gold, not 500. No, I haven't updated them for the Premium/LE, as I have no idea how different the rules are. That's why I included the .PSD files on the drive folder, so someone else with a Premium can update them accordingly.

1 week later
#6240 4 years ago

Lannister just save up your gold and cash in for multipliers right as you’re about to cash in a big shot (supers during Blackwater, SJP hurry up in HOTK, SJP in winter has come MB, etc).

Tyrell is same as before. Make sure you’re always going through the lit inlane, and hit the lock bar button before draining or after a long ball and your playfield multipliers are about to time out.

4 months later
#6322 4 years ago

I've had this issue to, replacing the coil stops solved it for me. There were coil stops installed where the stop is a different (gold like) metal than the rest of the holder. It got magnatized somehow.

4 months later
#6393 3 years ago

Joined the club this weekend, up on its legs today. A pro in wonderful shape. Thinking about putting in a PIN2DMD I have kicking around and going with a gold palette on it. Only mods are shaker and art blades, and a non-stock battering ram that looks pretty good, no plans to add anything else. Have to go watch some tutorials on it now to figure out what to do. It's been on my shortlist for a while now.

1 month later
#6477 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Can someone help me find who sells the cool stickers , plastics for the Upper PF. no luck so far .

Pretty sure it was capguntrooper that did the castle sticker. Maybe ping him - https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/capguntrooper/forum

What upper PF plastics are you looking for?

Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Who has the sword?? and metal gears? plunger? Where can i get these>>? tytyty

The sword is stupid easy to do yourself. All you need is some heat shrink tube, copper wire and some brass/gold paint. Take the sword off, tape off the end of it so only the handle is visible and paint it with the gold/copper color paint. Then take some heat shrink tube, cut it to the length of the handle and slide it over the handle. Use some heat to shrink it to the handle. Then take the copper wire and wrap it around the handle a couple of times. I'd say to send me yours in the mail and I'd do it and return it to you but knowing my luck, the dang post office would lose it when I sent it back.

#6500 3 years ago

Okay lets start the voting....

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/00068-slingshot-amp-return-lane-protector-set-for-game-of-thrones

I cant decide what color set to buy....I am changing the flipper buttons to gold/yellow/amber as well as the lighted shooter plate and buying the lighted shooter rod ..have it on another machine and love it. Best 20 bucks buy PITA to install. Trying to stay in theme with art work...

Thanks for the help and opinions..

2 months later
#6609 3 years ago

jitneystand1 Thank you for trading with me. I’m loving it and haven’t even scratched the surface.

With Lannister are you just buying multipliers with your gold and blowing up a MB?

1 month later
#6654 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I drink beer mostly. I waste the good stuff...what happened to most that bottle? Oh yeah...that was me the other night. . I have wait till my wife gets a weekend of to start watching yellow stone. You get GOT yet?

Yes sir number 037 in da house . Had a fun mod weekend. Gold mirror blades arrive today and then the last item will be the Pinstadiums.

The Superkit from@pinwoofer is just pure bad ass....the voice with that deep base sounds like I am in the game.

Time to start soft plunging and learn this code. LOL

1 week later
#6720 3 years ago

What do you get a superfan of the tv series and a super fan of the game? Wifey wants to buy me a house warming present for GOT. HEHE

I am thinking for the man who has everything....joking but what you experts think. Remember I have gold mirror blades , gold trim and a goldish look on my PS when they go off at certain times. The translite is being custom lighted and should have it back in a week.

https://backalleycreations.com/products/gold-pinball

Bring on the comments...

2 weeks later
#6791 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice! What house did you go with?

Bart and many multiballs and killed the spinners. I also selected houses to battle rather than skip. Pure random.

One funny thing that happened was my left flipper froze and for a few secs I was freaking out , like now whats wrong...hahahah.

I need to post some pics with the balls and gold side blades...its now complete.

3 months later
#6857 3 years ago

This thread's been pretty quiet for a while -- time to liven it up!

I'm making these killer 3D Coin Reject Buttons for tons of games now (well, it feels like a ton but I've got a lonnnnnnng way to go), and I had to do GoT since I have one myself!

GoT_1_RCP (resized).jpgGoT_1_RCP (resized).jpg

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! For Game of Thrones, I've chosen to use the four 'main' houses and created representations of their sigils:
- Stark: gray direwolf on white translucent background
- Lannister: golden lion on red translucent background
- Baratheon: black stag with gold crown on yellow translucent background
- Targaryen: red dragon on black solid background
- Targaryen variation: red dragon on blue translucent background, to match the color scheme in the game.
(Greyjoy, Martell, and Tyrell not currently available due to low anticipated demand.)

GoT_2_RCP (resized).jpgGoT_2_RCP (resized).jpg

Stark, Lannister, and Baratheon buttons are printed in a single run with two different filaments (Baratheon crown is colored with gold ink afterward). Targaryen button is a dual-piece assembled print (mainly because I initially attempted to use a translucent red filament for the dragon head on the black background, in the hopes it would light up well. Unfortunately, the coin button light position in Stern games is not ideal for maximized button lighting -- it's set above the button instead of directly behind it -- so the dragon itself didn't light up significantly.)

20210302_225958 (resized).jpg20210302_225958 (resized).jpg20210302_230656 (resized).jpg20210302_230656 (resized).jpg

Available via my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my Pinside shop (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04897-3d-coin-reject-buttons-game-of-thrones)

GoT_Installed1_RCP (resized).jpgGoT_Installed1_RCP (resized).jpg
GoT_Installed2_RCP (resized).jpgGoT_Installed2_RCP (resized).jpg

1 year later
#6937 2 years ago

Yeah so I got 6 billion from HOTK alone recently. That’s taking the long way to ensure I had plenty of gold to buy multipliers and have all the right houses to take in.

But out of curiosity, I switched the setting to disallow the complete of modes on the UP. I couldn’t get the bug to occur. So maybe Dwight patched that and I missed it? Might try it out for a little while.

#6938 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah so I got 6 billion from HOTK alone recently. That’s taking the long way to ensure I had plenty of gold to buy multipliers and have all the right houses to take in.

The problem is that the points are all in HOTK and IT if you can do it right. HOTK requires getting the right houses in, but will easy complete at the upper playfield of the hardest houses, its not a big loss. Sure, you leave a few hundred million points on the table, but if you can guarantee getting to HOTK and likely IT, then you will make back the points in spades. Without gold, multipliers aren't as high if you are Lannister, but good IT play makes up. My average IT is ~3B, and my highest is over 10B on that alone. So getting there is worth more than risking a drain on a long Lannister mode.

But to your point, bum rushing the end is fun to get there and rack up points, but takes away from the spirit of the original code in requiring you to actually play the modes; similar to the Pro gameplay.

#6948 1 year ago

Had gold leg bolts leftover from another project. They looks terrific!

28BA7B58-6A4A-4E7D-8F87-12EC0B0A9BEF (resized).jpeg28BA7B58-6A4A-4E7D-8F87-12EC0B0A9BEF (resized).jpegEA7A8787-6383-4099-9A6B-D7AA94EAF01C (resized).jpegEA7A8787-6383-4099-9A6B-D7AA94EAF01C (resized).jpeg50FDA30E-B93B-4A9A-B690-523A5E427D7A (resized).jpeg50FDA30E-B93B-4A9A-B690-523A5E427D7A (resized).jpegBB217072-17B1-4804-8BC2-EE09A3DE7FB1 (resized).jpegBB217072-17B1-4804-8BC2-EE09A3DE7FB1 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#6977 1 year ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Hi guys, i got my eye on a prem, how does it last in a home setting? Is the game difficult to understand like Avengers with all the gems and so on. It looks stunning and I love the theme but does it have enough to own long term? Thanks

Small collections lastabilty thrive on breadth over depth. 1 or 2 pin lineup - go for games having breadth. Once you introduce a 3rd, that’s when you can start thinking about depth, or vice versa, more shallow style games.

Now that I’ve had an Avengers for a few weeks (200~ plays), I can say it’s about as complicated as GOT. And it really isn’t as complicated as a lot of people make it out to be. It’s quite simple, much like GOT, where it gets complicated is the strategies in using all the available features and powers - which again, is very much like GOT.

As chuckwurt pretty much eluded to, GOT is the gold standard of breadth. Avengers isn’t far behind it. The two pins are very similar; somewhat easy to progress through, but all sorts of different paths to get there - ie tough to master. GOT is a top 5 pin for me personally, and I hope to get one back someday - I’m still undecided on pro vs PREM.

5 months later
#7018 1 year ago

Mezel mods ram. Stark side armor from great America pinball…kinda pricey 340. Gears from the mod father….I took them apart and had to grind the bolts flat and then shim them up with washers. Translite from eBay…it looks better in person. Speaker wolf covers from mod father look awesome! Don’t buy the gold grill. You have to drill it and it probably will look worse with light behind it. The vinyl decal from mod father is cool. Just tell him not to wad it up with rubber bands. That was a bitch to to flatten out and make it look decent. Hooked on pinball sword lock. Last but least some home made Gunnut footies with stickers.

10B0D6A0-C37B-42C9-9971-EFD175A45982 (resized).jpeg10B0D6A0-C37B-42C9-9971-EFD175A45982 (resized).jpeg25C83EDD-BF63-495E-91AF-F4180137E227 (resized).jpeg25C83EDD-BF63-495E-91AF-F4180137E227 (resized).jpeg437DBDF6-088F-4EAD-ADBD-2EE4B32DE752 (resized).jpeg437DBDF6-088F-4EAD-ADBD-2EE4B32DE752 (resized).jpeg8F1B4587-8ED6-448F-A337-FC6C6C51E150 (resized).jpeg8F1B4587-8ED6-448F-A337-FC6C6C51E150 (resized).jpeg975A8199-09AF-4F9F-97CF-89CA470F08EE (resized).jpeg975A8199-09AF-4F9F-97CF-89CA470F08EE (resized).jpegBD49F7AB-1C42-4ABE-8178-FC626B67C5BD (resized).jpegBD49F7AB-1C42-4ABE-8178-FC626B67C5BD (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#7076 1 year ago

There were a few changes to the video/display images. This is for when the random house selection option was added. I think even a couple of new scenes were added so I colored those and adjusted for the game starting house selection. A lot of the house emblems are simply single color. It won't be broken playing with the older colorDMD code you just may see a few scenes in the default color of the gold. Oh yes, color added for an easter egg too.

2 months later
#7100 11 months ago

I did a combo of gold and black. Gold rails. Black hinges. Gold lockdown. Black decorations around lockdown button. Gold coin door frame. Black door. I like how it turned out. Powder coater used the wrong gold…has more color than I’d like, but I gave him a ‘pass’, As he’s done a bunch for me a gives reasonable pricing. Will post picture later.

#7101 11 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I'm picking up a really nice GOT pro next week. Super excited to add this game to the collection. I typically powder coat all my games, does anyone have a good color for the pro? I feel like its a hard game to find a color that matches with the different art work. I'm also looking for the Stern topper if anyone is selling?

Gloss black with subtle gold flake.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "gold".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tq=gold&tu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.