371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 144.
#4901 6 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks GOT artwork is not ugly? People in other threads really rag on the artwork and talk about how ugly this game is etc all the time but I don’t think it’s all that bad truthfully. I am not a fan of the cabinet art but I actually think the playfield looks pretty damn nice.

#4902 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Am I the only one that thinks GOT artwork is not ugly? People in other threads really rag on the artwork and talk about how ugly this game is etc all the time but I don’t think it’s all that bad truthfully. I am not a fan of the cabinet art but I actually think the playfield looks pretty damn nice.

It has to be completely 100% hand drawn and cartoony for pinside to not hate it.

#4903 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has to be completely 100% hand drawn and cartoony for pinside to not hate it.

I suppose you are right but when I look over the playfield I actually kind of like it and I think it is very well done. I think GOT is another one of those games that people haven’t given it a fair chance and they don’t know what they are missing. This game is really really a fantastic game. I honestly don’t know much else a person could ask for in a game. The only people that notice the flaws in the code are people like you and Eskaybee. The rest of us bottom feeders aren’t good enough to even see any of that stuff.

#4904 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I suppose you are right but when I look over the playfield I actually kind of like it and I think it is very well done. I think GOT is another one of those games that people haven’t given it a fair chance and they don’t know what they are missing. This game is really really a fantastic game. I honestly don’t know much else a person could ask for in a game. The only people that notice the flaws in the code are people like you and Eskaybee. The rest of us bottom feeders aren’t good enough to even see any of that stuff.

Lots of people agree with you. They just aren't on pinside.

#4905 6 years ago

I agree.

I love the art package on my LE. The PF is nice looking and the cab art is awesome. I even like the translight as well even though I know one of the characters was only there for 1 season.

The coding is great and with the removal of some bugs and exploits it could be even better. The hate for this game is strong on pinside but it really is a fun and engaging pin.

Heck, what do I know. I own TF and AV because I like those games so I guess my credibility isn't great around here.

#4906 6 years ago

Ya the hate is pretty crazy around here and I don't understand why. Out of all the pins I own or have owned, GoT still remains my all time favorite. I loved it before I ever watched a single episode of the show. Which after watching and loving as well, just brings it all together

The most frustrating aspect of owning this title is knowing its soo close --> <-- to being fully done. Handful of things we've hashed and rehashed are so minor and would wrap this amazing pin up. It would show current and future owners what a completed pin can be like. Soooooooooooo close............

#4907 6 years ago

It's really an amazing game... I have an LE with all of the accessories. Personally I like the art on this version the most. The playfield could be a little better, but I'm pretty happy with it. It may get some more love over time as they aren't making more.

#4908 6 years ago

I ask to Stern on FB some days ago if a code update will be made.
Here is the answer :
"Hi, I don’t have an exact answer on this or not. For example, Avengers received a final code polish 4 years after the last most recent one.

So in some cases updates are planned, eventually, but with no timeline.

Star Wars, Batman 66, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS all have confirmed updates in the works.

It is also possible that other titles, like Game or Thrones get an update as well."

No confirmed updates so i guess it's not a good news... I doubt a final update will be made.

#4909 6 years ago

I have a Pre and I prefer the blue playfield over the LE, but the cabinet on the LE is outstanding. I love that big dragon on the side. I’m indifferent on the backglass/translight, but I have scotts hand drawn one in my game. All in all I like the art too.

Don’t give up.....I’m still hoping for a update in 2019after the show is finished. The game is at 95% complete. Just a couple call out. Maybe a couple more animations. That’s all I’m asking for.

#4910 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Use the beloved Tron machine as a reference for how silly Pinside is. The loud minority rag on all that isn’t hand drawn and cartoony as Chuck said well. Can you imagine the number of pages that would be dedicated to hating on Tron pf if it was released today? And instead, for Tron, they see past it and love the actual
Game, you know ... by far the most important part...

#4911 6 years ago

First off, I do love my GOT Prem. BUT I am strongly considering putting mine up for sale to help with the purchase of an MMR. I guess those are done with production as well and my thoughts are that Medieval Madness is a timeless classic and arguably the best pin ever. So was thinking I may want to own one before that price sky rockets even more. What are your thoughts? Good move? Of course, in a perfect world, I would love to keep both!

#4912 6 years ago

Get MMR. Sounds like you’re jonesing for one. Not sure about prices on those, but just get one and come back to GOT if ya want.

#4913 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The playfield is the part of the game that really put Pinsiders' panties in a bunch. It doesn't scream GOT when you look at it. But once lit up, I think it's pretty gorgeous, and I'm a HUGE fan of the LE cabinet art and translite. (But I loves me some Daenerys, so...)

#4914 6 years ago

GoT is #1 in my 40-pin collection.

#4915 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

GoT is #1 in my 40-pin collection.

Really? That does say alot about the replay value of the game! I have had mine for two years and still enjoy it as much now as I did when I first got it. If I am to sell my GOT, I won't be giving it away. So, if I don't get the price I have in mind ($6200) then I will be happy just keeping it too.

#4916 6 years ago

I agree w Chuck (very common for us to agree ha...). Just get the MMR while you can because GOT (all models) are likely going to be much easier to come back to / find later. Both awesome games & cant go wrong.

#4917 6 years ago

6526DD56-C686-45DF-8AE2-B6E841DCAAE5 (resized).jpeg6526DD56-C686-45DF-8AE2-B6E841DCAAE5 (resized).jpeg

#4918 6 years ago

If you complete Targaryen with Greyjoy, what advantage do you gain?

#4919 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

If you complete Targaryen with Greyjoy, what advantage do you gain?

Nothing outside of the HOTK bonus should you beat it before starting HOTK

#4920 6 years ago

Wow so not much point in taking that route...

#4921 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Wow so not much point in taking that route...

What route? Greyjoy? Plenty of reasons to pick that house.

If you can bring Targaryen into HOTK and blow it up, your SJP in HOTK can be massive.

#4922 6 years ago

What is the Targaryen bonus for bringing that completed mode into hand of the king

#4923 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

What is the Targaryen bonus for bringing that completed mode into hand of the king

+ 750k per shot made in HOTK

#4924 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What route? Greyjoy? Plenty of reasons to pick that house.
If you can bring Targaryen into HOTK and blow it up, your SJP in HOTK can be massive.

Ok that could be useful. Just seems like a lot more work than say Martell. The add a ball helps keep that SJP going too

#4925 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Ok that could be useful. Just seems like a lot more work than say Martell. The add a ball helps keep that SJP going too

Have to hit more shots to get to the SJP too with Martell.

I started to realize that if I just practiced the game a lot without the crutch of add a ball, my multiballs became much more valuable. The mindset that I’m good even if I drained led to me playing worse in MB, if that makes sense.

Now that I know I have no add a ball, I’m more focused and play MB better.

Get used to not having add a ball then the other powers you have become more of a benefit and raise the floor of the scores you get.

#4926 6 years ago

Finally added a topper to my game. This is pretty sweet.
5A66AEFC-F7A8-4BF4-97AF-6F53C22BD83D (resized).jpeg5A66AEFC-F7A8-4BF4-97AF-6F53C22BD83D (resized).jpeg

#4927 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have to hit more shots to get to the SJP too with Martell.
I started to realize that if I just practiced the game a lot without the crutch of add a ball, my multiballs became much more valuable. The mindset that I’m good even if I drained led to me playing worse in MB, if that makes sense.
Now that I know I have no add a ball, I’m more focused and play MB better.
Get used to not having add a ball then the other powers you have become more of a benefit and raise the floor of the scores you get.

I feel the same way! Martel feels like a grind when playing. If you can get past the crutch of a multiball add a ball, you can blow up the game using other house powers. Tyrell still being my favorite

#4928 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tyrell still being my favorite

Always Tyrell for me.

#4929 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I feel the same way! Martel feels like a grind when playing. If you can get past the crutch of a multiball add a ball, you can blow up the game using other house powers. Tyrell still being my favorite

And the numbers seem to support that. I scrolled through the scores from the challenge that was done in this thread (1 game per house) and Martel wasn't dominating the houses which seems to show that the add a ball is very helpful but the use of other houses can be just as rewarding. I was surprised to see that Stark and Baratheon were showing to be very competitive in that challenge. The only house that seemed most had the lower scores with was Lannister but that was before the super jackpot trick wasn't as well known.

#4930 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I also found this in the installs menu. What is directors cut?

Has anyone noticed what directors cut implements in the game? Thx

#4931 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Finally added a topper to my game. This is pretty sweet.

I like the banner in the background - that's cool, I may have to add that as a wall decoration next to my LE - I wonder if they make a Targaryen version...

#4932 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I like the banner in the background - that's cool, I may have to add that as a wall decoration next to my LE - I wonder if they make a Targaryen version...

https://www.amazon.com/Thrones-House-Targaryen-Tournament-Banner/dp/B012EVXKQ8/ref=sr_1_3

#4933 6 years ago

Was getting long ball times on GOT pro when friends showed up for a few suds. Fixed that, with some purple "halfie" super bands and Novus 1. Also slid a Cliffy Universal Switch Slot Protector http://www.passionforpinball.com/switchslot.htm on the left and some protectors due to all the fierce multi balls. OUTSTANDING strategies with break away speed all day. IMG_2955 (resized).JPGIMG_2955 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPGIMG_2949 (resized).JPGIMG_2949 (resized).JPG

#4934 6 years ago

I wanna join the club, but I'm so torn between Pro and Premium.

On one hand, I want the ramps of the Pro and the ability to see the ball as it travels thru the upper left-hand side of the playfield.

On the other hand, I want the upper playfield and artwork of the Premium.

I want a GOT. Just don't know what GOT to GET!

#4935 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

On one hand, I want the ramps of the Pro and the ability to see the ball as it travels thru the upper left-hand side of the playfield.

Put good time on each and buy what speaks to ya.

#4936 6 years ago

MM is a great game ,no doubt but I think after a few months of having it you will regret letting GoT go.New games are so much deeper and faster which equals replayability....Especially GoT

#4937 6 years ago

Final broke a billion

20171028_015641 (resized).jpg20171028_015641 (resized).jpg

#4938 6 years ago

Ok so I just noticed on my game that the outlane posts are set in the top hole (widest position). Every other game I have the posts are in the middle of the three holes from the factory. I was just curious if this was a mistake from the factory or is that how they are suppose to be?

#4939 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok so I just noticed on my game that the outlane posts are set in the top hole (widest position). Every other game I have the posts are in the middle of the three holes from the factory. I was just curious if this was a mistake from the factory or is that how they are suppose to be?

First run pros were in the middle. Every other game after that first run are all the way open.

#4940 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

First run pros were in the middle. Every other game after that first run are all the way open.

I guess I will leave them there then. Wonder why they switched positions for?

#4941 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess I will leave them there then. Wonder why they switched positions for?

Ball times were too long.

#4942 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

just noticed on my game that the outlane posts are set in the top hole (widest position).

I moved mine to the bottom hole. It makes the game more fun for shitty players like me.

#4943 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I moved mine to the bottom hole. It makes the game more fun for shitty players like me.

Lol I feel ya believe me!

#4944 6 years ago

hello good night everyone, I have a limited edition and I love this machine ... I have a small problem and wanted to know if it happens to another person ... normally the right fin hits the tip very weakly, the comsinse will be left without force ... does it happen to someone else?

#4945 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

hello good night everyone, I have a limited edition and I love this machine ... I have a small problem and wanted to know if it happens to another person ... normally the right fin hits the tip very weakly, the comsinse will be left without force ... does it happen to someone else?

I’ve not had a problem with weak flippers. Check that the End of stroke switch has a good connection. The leaf switch should be touching until just the end of flip.
BB3E1642-356A-464C-A0B1-ACB287E49BA5 (resized).jpegBB3E1642-356A-464C-A0B1-ACB287E49BA5 (resized).jpeg

#4946 6 years ago

I noticed this sticker on my playfield before but don’t remember if I’ve posted it here before.

18E30C1E-99DE-4BFC-B251-0203E97E3562 (resized).jpeg18E30C1E-99DE-4BFC-B251-0203E97E3562 (resized).jpeg

Would this mean that the first run of premium games had 260 made, and that I have #196 off the line? I had the first game that was sent to a customer, but the Aussie and Europe pins would have been built and already on a boat. The American games are built last.

I wonder if anyone knows how many runs of premium games were made? If there was only one run of premium playfields then it would seem to be more rare then the LE game with 400 made.

#4947 6 years ago

Is correct?????? Thanks

IMG_20171103_121718 (resized).jpgIMG_20171103_121718 (resized).jpg

#4948 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Is correct?????? Thanks

It looks closed, but you will have to put the game into switch test and check with a meter to be sure. Just because it’s physically closed doesn’t mean it’s making a good electronic connection.

#4949 6 years ago

I have an HUO LE that I just put up on the marketplace yesterday. Just fyi for anyone looking for stocking stuffers.

#4950 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I've had both versions for substantial time/plays. (and currently a pro on route)
If I rebuy for my home eventually, it'll be a Prem/LE for sure. Can't go wrong with either version, but that's not new info...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/99?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.