Topic Stats

• 6,310 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 767 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg
15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg
18794F64-73BA-4BCA-AB12-21F1BE6BD6BD (resized).jpeg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg

There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 127.
#4851 2 years ago

I’m not giving up hope until a year after the show finishes. I’m really hoping for one final update in 2019.

#4852 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Major agreement with chuck and bob’s last two posts.

Who's Bob?

#4853 2 years ago

GoT Premium/LE needs polish/adjustments in the code for the upper playfield.
GoT Pro is pretty much done, except nice to have additions.

The majority of 'Loud Talkers" on pinside focus on GoT Pro, so Stern thinks it's fine. But again, the Premium/LE needs some code adjustments to take advantage of the upper playfield. It seems like they did the Common/Pro code first, and then ran out of time on the Premium/LE differences.

#4854 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The majority of 'Loud Talkers" on pinside focus on GoT Pro, so Stern thinks it's fine. ...

Fair point for sure...we just don;t see these issues obviously but true they should not be forgotten.

#4855 2 years ago

I dont care how anyone wants to sugar coat it; plain and simple, GOT not getting a final update sucks! No ifs, ands, buts about it. Yea, Dwight had family emergencies that initially pulled him off from completing GOT, I get that and respect family + health issues. But, when he returns to work and his employer doesnt let him finish where he left off and instead throws 2 more games on his plate (GB + SW), that in lies the problem.

Dwight has a whole slew of problems, polish, balance, bugs, etc... to address with GOT and he knows this.

The upper playfield rules and integration suck. Lack of balance with certain houses suck. having a call out for some houses and blank 'empty space' for others suck. The amount of bugs the game has SUCK. The games isnt complete. We know this, Dwight knows this. Sterns code support for non-lyman released games has been shit. Always has, always will. Even Lyman got reamed in the ass when developing TWD code and was yanked from it from his employer. And From what i understand, he eventually just locked himself in his basement and didnt go into the stern factory for months so that he could finish TWD. And in turn, the game is now epic because of it. Probably sold a few hundred more titles or more cause of it.

Stern is the problem here, not the programmers. And with that, im looking elsewhere for my next title(s). Screw SW, Screw AS, Screw GoTG...Until Stern gets their head out of there arrogant 'operator's market' ass, I'm eyeing JJP for my next title or a proven classic remake (AFMr, ACDC, etc...). Dialed in is 10X the game SW, GOT, any stern for that matter in both build quality and code quality. Sad but true. /rant over.

#4856 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dont care how anyone wants to sugar coat it; plain and simple, GOT not getting a final update sucks! No ifs, ands, buts about it. Yea, Dwight had family emergencies that initially pulled him off from completing GOT, I get that and respect family + health issues. But, when he returns to work and his employer doesnt let him finish where he left off and instead throws 2 more games on his plate (GB + SW), that in lies the problem.
Dwight has a whole slew of problems, polish, balance, bugs, etc... to address with GOT and he knows this.
The upper playfield rules and integration suck. Lack of balance with certain houses suck. having a call out for some houses and blank 'empty space' for others suck. The amount of bugs the game has SUCK. The games isnt complete. We know this, Dwight knows this. Sterns code support for non-lyman released games has been shit. Always has, always will. Even Lyman got reamed in the ass when developing TWD code and was yanked from it from his employer. And From what i understand, he eventually just locked himself in his basement and didnt go into the stern factory for months so that he could finish TWD. And in turn, the game is now epic because of it. Probably sold a few hundred more titles or more cause of it.
Stern is the problem here, not the programmers. And with that, im looking elsewhere for my next title(s). Screw SW, Screw AS, Screw GoTG...Until Stern gets their head out of there arrogant 'operator's market' ass, I'm eyeing JJP for my next title or a proven classic remake (AFMr, ACDC, etc...). Dialed in is 10X the game SW, GOT, any stern for that matter in both build quality and code quality. Sad but true. /rant over.

(walks backwards slowly out of room)

#4857 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Stern is the problem here, not the programmers. And with that, im looking elsewhere for my next title(s).

True statements. Even Steve Ritchie had to bite his lip when discussing Stern's "solution" to the GoT left orbit issue at Pintastic last summer. He was obviously pissed about how it went down, "I can't and won't talk about it."

#4858 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've been saying it's finished for the past year pretty much. Just how code works there. They have their acceptable level of code and I'm fine with it.
I just hope people are more informed going forward and buy games for what they are and not for what they hope the game will become.

I am happy with the game as it stands, but the code to me is incomplete. The upper playfield takes up alot of real estate and it is not implemented well in the game. It has a few things to play for, but for the most part I am letting the ball drain from the upper playfield. I was expecting so much more from it.

#4859 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Which one earns more?

Will let you know in about a month.

Yes agree the Pro code is more done as there is “less” to it - still, Prem/LE guys you should be completing Tyrell, Targaryen etc up there on the upper pf as frequently as possible, along with adding time to house battles. Dang I miss my LE.

#4860 2 years ago

doesn't lyman supervise and help other coders?

#4862 2 years ago

Wow. That’s awesome. I totally would have got that if I had the chance.

#4863 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wow. That’s awesome. I totally would have got that if I had the chance.

Yeah, the glow in the dark lion coming out of the flames is a nice touch. I was able to secure a print. I think the company will be selling them at New York Comic Con this weekend at their booth.

#4864 2 years ago

Damn I want one

#4865 2 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Damn I want one

Ditto

#4866 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

AMEN Brother!!!! I'm 100% with you.
I was a hardcore Stern supporter over the years(view my pin history), but I just can't support(NIB) a company that is trying to take advantage of it's consumers! I'm done making excuses for them. The issues are pilling up for them. They simply just don't care.
I bought a Dialed In last week. When I unboxed it I started laughing out loud. I hadn't seen one in person!(I know, never buy till you try). The Quality, the Toys, the Art, the playfield, the Weight difference, Everything is so far superior to the last several Stern titles, it is literally laughable. Not to mention an absolute blast to play!

Star Wars should be in my game room right now, not a Dialed In. Star Wars might be a "fun" pin to play. But, with all of the quality control issues, the Photoshop playfield, the complete lack of toys, & beta code all while raising prices. My $$ goes elsewhere.

#4867 2 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Star Wars should be in my game room right now, not a Dialed In. Star Wars might be a "fun" pin to play. But, with all of the quality control issues, the Photoshop playfield, the complete lack of toys, & beta code all while raising prices. My $$ goes elsewhere.

I agree with you overall but SW is probably $2800 cheaper. Sure, pay more for "quality" I get it, but it's chunk of change man.

#4868 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I agree with you overall but SW is probably $2800 cheaper. Sure, pay more for "quality" I get it, but it's chunk of change man.

It is. It's a lot of $ for sure. Enough to make you go, "Did I just spend nearly $10k on a damn pinball machine!?" lol

A few years ago I could have bought 2 new Stern pro's for that! lol
Times have changed.

#4869 2 years ago

I thought this was a Game of Thrones thread... I guess the bashing just can't keep to relevant threads.

#4870 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I thought this was a Game of Thrones thread... I guess the bashing just can't keep to relevant threads.

No shit, I didn't even notice what thread this was! Anyway, still love my GOT

#4871 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

GOT is made by Stern, it's relevant. I addressed the "code" issue, among other things. Plus, I'm a former owner/contributor to this thread.

#4872 2 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

GOT is made by Stern, it's relevant. I addressed the "code" issue, among other things. Plus, I'm a former owner/contributor to this thread.

pasted_image (resized).png

#4873 2 years ago

Not really

#4874 2 years ago

Just giving you a hard time. Enjoy your Dialed In. It's a fun game too.

#4875 2 years ago

I guess I'm easier to please than most.

I played GOT all day long when it had unbalanced scoring for Wall and HOTK and no WHC multiball. I wanted to buy it at that point in the code. Didn't care what was to come. It was worth it to me then. Would I have gotten sick of it had the code not matured? Maybe. Then I'd just sell it. Pretty simple.

I'll continue to buy the games I feel are worth it to me after playing them. I don't expect anything after I buy a game except technical support should I buy new.

Dialed in is a super fun game and I enjoy it every time I get a chance to play it. Is it 3k more fun than GOT to me? No effing way.

I think SW prem is more fun than the Pro. 2k more fun? No effing way.

If everyone else played it this way, pinsiders would be a lot more calm, cool, and collected imo. That's a good thing.

#4876 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I guess I'm easier to please than most.
I played GOT all day long when it had unbalanced scoring for Wall and HOTK and no WHC multiball. I wanted to buy it at that point in the code. Didn't care what was to come. It was worth it to me then. Would I have gotten sick of it had the code not matured? Maybe. Then I'd just sell it. Pretty simple.
I'll continue to buy the games I feel are worth it to me after playing them. I don't expect anything after I buy a game except technical support should I buy new.
Dialed in is a super fun game and I enjoy it every time I get a chance to play it. Is it 3k more fun than GOT to me? No effing way.
I think SW prem is more fun than the Pro. 2k more fun? No effing way.
If everyone else played it this way, pinsiders would be a lot more calm, cool, and collected imo. That's a good thing.

While I agree; owning a pinball has many layers. Initially, if/when I play a game or research streaming gameplay I'll decide whether to buy or not. After a couple hours of location playing or hours of watching streams, it really is hard to determine where the code is or how balanced it is. It's not til you get it home and play hundreds of plays and a couple months later that you realize where the imbalances are. Sometimes those imbalances are personal OCD issues in which a game really doesn't need polish or an update; and in other instances, its obvious that a game needs polish. Release code can only go so far, it's that follow up polish that can make a good game great. This is why programmers like Lyman and Keefer are so dam good, they have such fantastic follow up code. But you'll always notice, these guys take the longest to complete games cause they wait out that initial code release, play the heck out of the game, gather outside feedback, plan the polish, then execute. That's why games like TWD, MET, SM, AC/DC, WOZ, FGY, LOTR didn't become amazing pins til years after their release.

the balance and future of GOT going from abaove average to epic great is in Dwights and sterns hands. Do they want to sell xxx amount more games because of this, much like TWD? Or are they happy with their sales numbers and is Dwight personally satisfied with leaving it in its current unpolished state? So far, it appears to be the latter which is an almost too regular reoccurance for stern games; which coupled with continuing price increases is why a lot of us long time supporters are much more hesitant on buying games.

It truly is an operators market, and home collectors are the minority whether we want to believe it or not. Stern knows this and If they cared more about the home market, I believe they'd allocate more time and assets to code. In the meantime, stern rely on their own programmers' egos and dedication of perfection to finish games on their own time.

#4877 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

the balance and future of GOT going from abaove average to epic great is in Dwights and sterns hands. Do they want to sell xxx amount more games because of this, much like TWD? Or are they happy with their sales numbers and is Dwight personally satisfied with leaving it in its current unpolished state? So far, it appears to be the latter which is an almost too regular reoccurance for stern games; which coupled with continuing price increases is why a lot of us long time supporters are much more hesitant on buying games.

As you should be. Every buyer should be this way with the first game they buy, down to the last. Expect your game to be the exact same 3 years after you buy it, and there's zero chance of disappointment.

If you know that you'll be sick of the game soon if it doesn't get regular love, pass on it and just go enjoy it for quarters in public. This is viable for pretty much every single area in the country. New games are on location with a few hours of almost anywhere.

Not talking about anyone specific in this thread, but everyone needs to stop buying games they hope will be great, and buy games that they already think are great. No reason to be the first in line (unless it's at the arcade haha). Encourage the operators in your area to get the newest game. Let them take the risk. Then go play the hell out of it.

Great point on the operator's market too. Totally agree there.

#4878 2 years ago

I’m now toeing both lines as a passionate home owning hobbyist (who loves GOT pinball and owned both variations) and passionate operator so figure worth it to chime in and confirm.

GOT received fairly regular updates in its prime, right? It’s gotten to a 90%+ done state in most minds right?

Bringing another title into discussion to confirm your operator (at least one person’s) points: My personal breaking point is BM66.
If BM66 (owned in my home since January) doesn’t get at least a moderate update this expo weekend, I’ll absolutely reduce my buying behavior as a passionate home owner *but* will absolutely still try to buy the newest release if I have a place for it in the wild as an operator.

#4879 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

se if I have a place for it in the wild as an operator.

And I wouldnif I were you too. You just proved that OPs think differently than home owners and I think that's where sterns concentration still resides.

#4880 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And I wouldnif I were you too. You just proved that OPs think differently than home owners and I think that's where sterns concentration still resides.

I think Stern better (and does) concentrate on both. My 6-8k is just as important to them as any operators 6-8k is. I still believe the home market as of right now at least is where their bread and butter is.

#4881 2 years ago

Could someone at expo ask Dwight how many cases of beer it'll take to get a last pass on the code for us?

#4882 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Could someone at expo ask Dwight how many cases of beer it'll take to get a last pass on the code for us?

It would probably take Stern giving him the time to work on it which is unlikely. I doubt seriously that he is going to do it on his own. I know I know, Lyman did it with TWD.......but I wouldn’t count on that happening with Dwight and GOT.

#4883 2 years ago

Would it take THAT much work to finish it?? The framework is done, so activate a few callouts here, balance some scoring there...and voila!

*Disclaimer*
I have zero knowledge on what it actually takes

#4884 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Would it take THAT much work to finish it?? The framework is done, so activate a few callouts here, balance some scoring there...and voila!
*Disclaimer*

Haha

#4885 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

*Disclaimer*

Programming/coding is a dramatic undertaking that takes tremendous time. It’s 100’s and 1000’s of lines of edits to code and logical IF/THEN/ELSE thinking. The problem is that there are only two lead programmers, not that they are slow nor lack passion.

#4886 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Programming/coding is a dramatic undertaking that takes tremendous time. It’s 100’s and 1000’s of lines of edits to code and logical IF/THEN/ELSE thinking. The problem is that there are only two lead programmers, not that they are slow nor lack passion.

Not to mention the hours of software QA it takes to make sure any new implementation hasn't introduced any new bugs. It's a bigger undertaking than most people realize.

#4887 2 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Not to mention the hours of software QA it takes to make sure any new implementation hasn't introduced any new bugs. It's a bigger undertaking than most people realize.

Naw Stern skips that part usually so there's some time saved

#4888 2 years ago

I think the "light super jackpot"-and-bringing-it-into-multiball-for-eternal-jackpot-during-mb is not that crisis...you first have to actually set it up, that is, earn enough cash, actually shooting for the dragon shot, be lucky to get it as a choice and then start multiball.

Im not really bothered by lack og callouts either.
My main wish is that they balance the houses more, so its just as tempting to play as house lannister as it is to play as tyrell or martell.

Also, that if you fail to finish martell mode, we get an animation of oberyns head being smashed
That shoudl really be the ending animation when completing the mode also, hehe.

#4889 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I think the "light super jackpot"-and-bringing-it-into-multiball-for-eternal-jackpot-during-mb is not that crisis...you first have to actually set it up, that is, earn enough cash, actually shooting for the dragon shot, be lucky to get it as a choice and then start multiball.

It's not even that hard.

1. Play as Lanister.
2. Collect 1320 or more cash (stupid easy playing as Lanister)
3. Collect mystery (pro is Dragon shot while prem/le is right orbit). Not that hard of a shot.
4. Buy super jackpot (playing as Lanister it is always there for first time with enough cash). No luck needed.
5. Start multiball

This isn't like the WHC with Wall stack exploit. This one csn be achieved very easily if tried for. Maybe it's just a reason to play as Lanister but I know it's not intentional.

#4890 2 years ago

Is it worth it playing as lannister judt for that? Hmm i dunno.

#4891 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's not even that hard.
1. Play as Lanister.
2. Collect 1320 or more cash (stupid easy playing as Lanister)
3. Collect mystery (pro is Dragon shot while prem/le is right orbit). Not that hard of a shot.
4. Buy super jackpot (playing as Lanister it is always there for first time with enough cash). No luck needed.
5. Start multiball
This isn't like the WHC with Wall stack exploit. This one csn be achieved very easily if tried for. Maybe it's just a reason to play as Lanister but I know it's not intentional.

In a way, that's hard...cause you have to willingly select Lannister

#4892 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

In a way, that's hard...cause you have to willingly select Lannister

Touche...

Or willing to play Lannister early on when playing as Grey Joy.

#4893 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is it worth it playing as lannister judt for that? Hmm i dunno.

Scored 1Bil in BW MB using that strategy

#4894 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Scored 1Bil in BW MB using that strategy

And I've scored 1b in BW MB using every other house/strategy. That bug is definitely not gonna make me pick Lannister. Haha

#4895 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And I've scored 1b in BW MB using every other house/strategy. That bug is definitely not gonna make me pick Lannister. Haha

Hey just sayin...you know for us under 10B a game guys

#4896 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Hey just sayin...you know for us under 10B a game guys

I'm one of them. Haha. Still under 8 bills actually.

#4897 2 years ago

I just bought the dragon topper for my game, can’t wait to get it installed.

#4898 2 years ago

Hi there, just curious where you bought your topper from and how much you paid,that is if you don't mind sharing?

I get my NIB premium in a couple of weeks from player1 but did not buy the topper as they wanted 799.00 CDN. And I thought that was crazy!

Interested in getting one but not at crazy, where I have seen them for 499.00 just not sure which source to buy from.

Thanks for your help,

Requis

#4899 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm one of them. Haha. Still under 8 bills actually.

NOOB!

#4900 2 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

Hi there, just curious where you bought your topper from and how much you paid,that is if you don't mind sharing?
I get my NIB premium in a couple of weeks from player1 but did not buy the topper as they wanted 799.00 CDN. And I thought that was crazy!
Interested in getting one but not at crazy, where I have seen them for 499.00 just not sure which source to buy from.
Thanks for your help,
Requis

I managed to find one from another pinsider for a good deal. I agree paying retail for it is a bit crazy. 799cdn sounds about right for New. They’re usually $499usd + shipping + border tax, then converted into CDN $.

My best advice is wait for another one to come for sale on the after market, or wait for the dollar to improve and order directly from the USA. But there’s no real cheap way to get one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Beecher, IL
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Bend, IN
There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside