371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 144.
#4801 6 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So i joined the club today i was wondering from videos i watch i should be able to chose a house at start of game? Cause stark is always lit and i cant chose a house i want is this correct?

If you're not comfortable with the menu's, you can hold down the lockdown bar button for several seconds before pressing the start button. That will start a normal game.

#4802 6 years ago

1.34 i believe is what loaded up

#4803 6 years ago

Thanks guys ill find it in menu.

#4804 6 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

1.34 i believe is what loaded up

Pretty sure that's newest code.

#4805 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I made it through Iron Throne once. Couldnt tell you how many bonus cities there were though, too busy trying not to mess up.
Spoiler - i can tell you after that, the game essentially resets and you start over. IIRC you stay with the house you started with, but that might not be completely true...

This is correct.

Pretty sure The Twins is the first (or one of the early) bonus cities.

#4806 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Start as Grey Joy. Light and defeat Martell.

Isn't the caveat of playing as Greyjoy that the other houses are supposed to be harder to beat? Martell doesn't seem to have any added difficulty, making this a rather easy start.

Rob

#4807 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Isn't the caveat of playing as Greyjoy that the other houses are supposed to be harder to beat? Martell doesn't seem to have any added difficulty, making this a rather easy start.
Rob

But you have to light Martell. That's not easy for me. Agree that if the mode has the purple shots, you should have to shoot them.

#4808 6 years ago

Lighted speaker kit pops love it

20170914_094045 (resized).jpg20170914_094045 (resized).jpg

#4809 6 years ago

Just spotted this. Is it safe to say there are only 1,295 GOT pros +/- and were all the playfield made by Churchill? IMG_2274 (resized).JPGIMG_2274 (resized).JPG

#4810 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Just spotted this. Is it safe to say there are only 1,295 GOT pros +/- and we're all the playfield made by Churchill?

If so. Churchhill owes me a new playfield. Mines ghosted all over!!

#4811 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If so. Churchhill owes me a new playfield. Mines ghosted all over!!

And still won best modern game at ClePin!

#4812 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

And still won best modern game at ClePin!

Yeah can't believe that POS won. Haha.

#4813 6 years ago

Just finished some cosmetic/preventive care over the weekend. The back box is a plus with all the metal because I don't have to do the "arts in craft" bondo fill in. Just replace with a few screws. Made sure to add some strength to the corners. Such a light game. IMG_2340 (resized).JPGIMG_2340 (resized).JPGIMG_2319 (resized).JPGIMG_2319 (resized).JPGIMG_2317 (resized).JPGIMG_2317 (resized).JPG

IMG_2343 (resized).JPGIMG_2343 (resized).JPG

#4814 6 years ago

Ps. Before embarking on the task make sure to take photos with your phone. There are at least 6 different types of screws to replace in all sorts of spots and not to mention metal/plastic placements.

"Go, Captain, from me greet the Danish king. Tell him that by his license Fortinbras Craves the conveyance of a promis'd march
Over his kingdom. You know the rendezvous.
If that his Majesty would aught with us,
We shall express our duty in his eye;
And let him know so." -Fortinbras

#4815 6 years ago

Does anyone ever try to complete Stark by hitting the right ramp only? Asking for a friend...

#4816 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Does anyone ever try to complete Stark by hitting the right ramp only? Asking for a friend...

No real benefit to doing that or the center ramp only. Best thing is to alternate them or at least hit a loop between ramp shots so that you increase your shot multipliers.

But, it can be completed that way if you want a greater challenge.

#4817 6 years ago

Played almost 2 years on the premium, I still love it!!! But Im thinking to go pro, just for a change and the greenfield feeling. Is it wise do do?

#4818 6 years ago

Anyone have the fan made hand drawn translite in the pic below they are interested in selling? If so PM me! Picking up a GOT pro Wednesday and love that translite. Thanks!

transliste (resized).jpgtransliste (resized).jpg

#4819 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Played almost 2 years on the premium, I still love it!!! But Im thinking to go pro, just for a change and the greenfield feeling. Is it wise do do?

Sure. Why not.

#4820 6 years ago

Dear Friends,

Here's to the continued hope that each House's 1st shot finally gets a callout added to the video cut (just like Tyrion's famous quote on Martell's 1st shot).

To the deeper modes, getting additional Fanfare and minor tweaks they need. To fixing a couple of draining and LoL related bugs.

That we all get to enjoy in a fully realized, polished version of this amazing pin. Please Dwight, somehow find some time to give us that last polish pass to make this epic.

#4821 6 years ago

Just realized I'm on v1.29. What am I missing?

#4822 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

.05 of code.

PRO V1.34 - December 19, 2016
========================
Fixed:
- Ticket dispenser was not dispensing tickets correctly.

PRO V1.33 - October 7, 2016
======================
Fixed:
- Shaker Motor Adjustment was not turning the shaker motor off as required.
- "Bonus Held" would give an extra bonus if the player was on the last ball but had an extra ball.

New:
- Added Adjustment to stop the game from physically locking balls.

PRO V1.32 - September 26, 2016
=========================
System:
- Simplified Switch Test Menu to fit on display. The graphical switch display
shows the state of all switches on the node that last reported switched
activity.
- Optimized Node Power Usage.
- Added Node Configuration and Tech Alerts to Audit Dump.
- Fixed - Electronic Coin Mech (used in non-US games) stops working on some
games after many hours of operation.

PRO V1.32 - September 26, 2016
=========================
- Used for internal testing

PRO V1.30 - August 4, 2016
=====================
Fixed:
- Electronic coin mech would occasionally stop accepting coins until
the machine was power cycled.

#4823 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Nothing. I never updated from there

#4824 6 years ago

Hi All, Glad I found this thread. New to Pinside (Lurked for about a month) and I've decided to make GoT Prem my first pin. I should be ordering one soon. It seems like there are a ton of mixed reactions for this one. I played it, love the theme, love the show, and can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm glad to people found long term enjoyment from it. I'll spend the next couple of days reading this thread and really just wanted to say hi!

#4825 6 years ago

Well you won't regret it Tungs10 great game and very rewarding when you get a handle on it.

#4826 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I should be ordering one soon. It seems like there are a ton of mixed reactions for this one. I played it, love the theme, love the show, and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Tungs,

You'll probably note the left orbits will be disabled in settings by default, which was Stern's disappointing solution to the issue they were having. A very simple modification & enabling in settings has been shown by many to improve the consistency of that shot. It's a 10 minute fix and gave me good results.

Like you I am a fan of the show and theme. The depth of this game will not disappoint!

Congrats.

#4827 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

You'll probably note the left orbits will be disabled in settings by default,

Same with the battering ram. It's disabled by default

The ram can be finicky and not register correctly. Chuck has instructions in this thread to get it registering consistently. Follow them and get it registering well and the game is much better.

#4828 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The ram can be finicky and not register correctly. Chuck has instructions in this thread to get it registering consistently. Follow them and get it registering well and the game is much better.

Lubing my ram is one of the best things I've ever done. It just feels so much better.

Did that come out right? Yes. Yes it did.

#4829 6 years ago

I did read about the left orbit and the issues with it. I did not hear or read about the Ram shot. So I appreciate the heads up on these. Knowing what you know now, does any of that lead you to decide on a pro versus the premium or do you feel they're easy enough to overcome to make the game play right?

#4830 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I did read about the left orbit and the issues with it. I did not hear or read about the Ram shot. So I appreciate the heads up on these. Knowing what you know now, does any of that lead you to decide on a pro versus the premium or do you feel they're easy enough to overcome to make the game play right?

Sounds like it's a pretty easy fix on the orbit. The ram is an issue on all models. Those minor issues with the premium don't deter me from getting one. The price difference did. Just didn't want to pay that much more for a premium.

#4831 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Lubing my ram is one of the best things I've ever done. It just feels so much better.
Did that come out right? Yes. Yes it did.

I've noticed my ram needs a very solid shot to make it register. Maybe I should lube it up. My ram seems to be a very dangerous shot. Is that pretty common and part of the game? Thoughts? (Own a pro)

Darin

#4832 6 years ago

I lubed mine but it's still a sketchy shot. Definitely ready to nudge when I go for it...

#4833 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I've noticed my ram needs a very solid shot to make it register. Maybe I should lube it up. My ram seems to be a very dangerous shot. Is that pretty common and part of the game? Thoughts? (Own a pro)
Darin

The fact it's a very dangerous shot, it should register with every direct hit. If it doesn't, I say lube it. Your game will be more fun.

It doesn't make the shot safer, just helps make it register.

#4834 6 years ago

Perfect. Should be dangerous if it is needed for multipliers just a bummer when you hit it and no register. I'll get on this soon.

#4836 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm not sure I fully understand what it means to have the ram disabled. I researched and only found debate about the difficulty of hitting the shot perfectly and mods/"ram lube" to help that. But does it actually ship disabled and to what capacity?

#4837 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I'm not sure I fully understand what it means to have the ram disabled. I researched and only found debate about the difficulty of hitting the shot perfectly and mods/"ram lube" to help that. But does it actually ship disabled and to what capacity?

He's joking. He means disabled as in it ships with the ram only registering on perfect hard shots, dead center, sometimes.

#4838 6 years ago

When I fitted the battering ram mod I placed a small amount of lube on the underside of the assembly as well as the slot it fits into. When i tried just doing the slot track it didn't make much difference. Seems like it lifts a little when hit hence me trying some on other parts of the assembly. Registers every shot now and made a huge difference to getting the playfield multipliers up.

#4839 6 years ago

I left my battering ram just the way it is. It's a tough shot. But it's a battering ram, it shouldn't be easy to move. I'm not a tournament player. I don't need bajillion point scores to feel proud of my accomplishments. Steve Ritchie even said that it was designed to be difficult. Also it feels more rewarding when I get the multiplier up because it's so difficult to do.

#4840 6 years ago

I understand what you are saying Luckydogg420 but when over 50% of shots don't register like mine was then there is something definitely wrong.

#4841 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Chuck was correct, I was joking. I had issues with my ram registering on two different playfields. After following his advice and cleaning it up, it registered great. It wasn't actually disabled, it just seemed like it as I'd hit it and not get credit for the hit.

#4842 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I left my battering ram just the way it is. It's a tough shot. But it's a battering ram, it shouldn't be easy to move. I'm not a tournament player. I don't need bajillion point scores to feel proud of my accomplishments. Steve Ritchie even said that it was designed to be difficult. Also it feels more rewarding when I get the multiplier up because it's so difficult to do.

I just don't think it's fair to hit the ram dead nuts on, have it register, then hit it the EXACT same way and have it not register. Not fun for me. Hence my adjustment. It's just like if you have a shot in your game that hitting the ball super fast through the shot and it jumps the switch.

#4843 6 years ago

Have to agree Chuck

#4844 6 years ago

Hey guys I’m back sort of. After owning this twice and beating it up, down, left, right, and in circles too- I’ve now become an operator and added a GOT Pro (along with a SW Pro) in Marietta GA (North suburb of Atlanta) at Giga-Bites Cafe, a tabletop gaming store/community. Put up a high score if you’re ever in the area!

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10722-giga-bites-cafe-marietta-ga

#4845 6 years ago

So apparently there is no plans for any future code update for GOT to polish it off. Every current game was in the list on the latest "Stern of the Union" address on Facebook but GOT. Nice that they abandoned this game so quickly. It must not have been a good seller. Too bad, its a really good game that could be great with some polish. But it has been taken out back and shot along with Wrestlemania.

#4846 6 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

So apparently there is no plans for any future code update for GOT to polish it off. Every current game was in the list on the latest "Stern of the Union" address on Facebook but GOT.

I've been saying it's finished for the past year pretty much. Just how code works there. They have their acceptable level of code and I'm fine with it.

I just hope people are more informed going forward and buy games for what they are and not for what they hope the game will become.

#4847 6 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

So apparently there is no plans for any future code update for GOT to polish it off. Every current game was in the list on the latest "Stern of the Union" address on Facebook but GOT. Nice that they abandoned this game so quickly. It must not have been a good seller. Too bad, its a really good game that could be great with some polish. But it has been taken out back and shot along with Wrestlemania.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Stern guys read these forums. Too many people were ecstatic about how complete the code was when the game shipped. So they did one update and figured, hey!...everybody's happy with their games. Let's move on to the machines they're bitching about.

From a business perspective, it actually makes sense. But sucks for the owners. (But the code in GOT is really good already!)

#4848 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've been saying it's finished for the past year pretty much. Just how code works there. They have their acceptable level of code and I'm fine with it.
I just hope people are more informed going forward and buy games for what they are and not for what they hope the game will become.

I see a lot of potential with GOT code. So much more integration could have happened and enhancement. So many more audio and video cues. But I 100% agree, I love the game as is, and it still feels complete to me. STERN could go back to almost every game they've ever built and make the code better, it's just a fact of pinball life.

#4849 6 years ago

Major agreement with chuck and bob’s last two posts. Well said. If the coding resources are limited, and they clearly are! then I’ll say I’m very satisfied with v1.34 and hope BM and SW get to this 90%ish completion level before Guardians and whatever else becomes “squeakier”

#4850 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hey guys I’m back sort of. After owning this twice and beating it up, down, left, right, and in circles too- I’ve now become an operator and added a GOT Pro (along with a SW Pro) in Marietta GA (North suburb of Atlanta) at Giga-Bites Cafe, a tabletop gaming store/community. Put up a high score if you’re ever in the area!
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10722-giga-bites-cafe-marietta-ga

Which one earns more?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/97?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.