371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 144.
#4751 6 years ago

Yeah I bypass that screen all the time and have never noticed that. Hmmm.

#4752 6 years ago

Going back to the last page and the problem with the game crashing.. I've watched the video link and mine has done exactly the same thing a few times now. I know of another m/c where this has also happened. It's always in multiball, and always with the dragon kickback. I've always thought it was due to a voltage drop as the kickback is firing at the same time as some other coil is firing.. and the game just says no..! but I could be wrong.. Its just how it appears to me

#4753 6 years ago
Quoted from ukwizardMike:

Going back to the last page and the problem with the game crashing.. I've watched the video link and mine has done exactly the same thing a few times now. I know of another m/c where this has also happened. It's always in multiball, and always with the dragon kickback. I've always thought it was due to a voltage drop as the kickback is firing at the same time as some other coil is firing.. and the game just says no..! but I could be wrong.. Its just how it appears to me

When I asked Dwight about it he immediately asked me what mods I have on the game. So you may be onto something with power drop.

As far as mods, I have speaker lights, lighted flipper buttons, and a shaker(which fires with every dragon hit).

I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out.

#4754 6 years ago

Finally completed Iron Throne (I probably don't play it as much as some of you guys ...)

No fanfare at all at the end of it. That was a little bit stink. It's cool at the end of Destroy the Ring on LOTR when all the flippers flap etc. Something like that would be cool to have at the end of GOT, it is a mission to get there.

rd

IMG_6876 (resized).JPGIMG_6876 (resized).JPG

#4755 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Finally completed Iron Throne (I probably don't play it as much as some of you guys ...)
No fanfare at all at the end of it. That was a little bit stink. It's cool at the end of Destroy the Ring on LOTR when all the flippers flap etc. Something like that would be cool to have at the end of GOT, it is a mission to get there.
rd

Funny. I just did the same thing last night for the first time! Funny thing was I was trying to show off the MB stacks and got to IT instead. Haha. Go figure.

One thing I couldn't figure out is what I was doing after I completed all the castles. It seemed like the mode was still running and then when I drained out to one ball, the game started over.

Jump to 40 min mark to see my Iron Throne game. Then the few games after that I do the MB stacks if people wanted to see those.

#4757 6 years ago

Nice Job Chuck!! You crushed it!

#4758 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Funny. I just did the same thing last night for the first time! Funny thing was I was trying to show off the MB stacks and got to IT instead. Haha. Go figure.
One thing I couldn't figure out is what I was doing after I completed all the castles. It seemed like the mode was still running and then when I drained out to one ball, the game started over.
Jump to 40 min mark to see my Iron Throne game. Then the few games after that I do the MB stacks if people wanted to see those.
» YouTube video

Nice! And yea it's a weird sloppy transition. But it goes to a victory lap mb after completing the 7th house. And when you drain to one ball the victory multiball ends and the game restarts. I'm with rotordave in that in needs more fanfare or better transition in the completion.

#4759 6 years ago

Nice! You had that dragon shot dialed in.

#4760 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Nice! You had that dragon shot dialed in.

Pretty sure I completed the Targaryen III in the least amount of shots possible. Haha. Help to call out "Dragon!" Each time you go to shoot it. Haha

#4761 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice.

Both our scores were pretty similar.

My ram doesn't work that great (even though I have tweaked it) so I don't get huge multipliers going. 2x, 3x rarely.

rd

IMG_6875 (resized).JPGIMG_6875 (resized).JPG

#4762 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don't get huge multipliers going. 2x, 3x rarely.

Bummer. Zoom spout oiler is a godsend for that and any spinner that needs juiced.

#4763 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

Good job!

Rob

#4764 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bummer. Zoom spout oiler is a godsend for that and any spinner that needs juiced.

I used some light silicon grease when I put my battering ram mod on. Obviously wasn't working every hit before. Now I can get some of those bigger multipliers going.

1 week later
#4765 6 years ago

Hey does anyone know if you can get the side armor kit in a split set (left stark, right lanister)?

Or has anyone powder coated a pro? I was thinking gold or a steel kind of color.

#4766 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Hey does anyone know if you can get the side armor kit in a split set (left stark, right lanister)?
Or has anyone powder coated a pro? I was thinking gold or a steel kind of color.

I asked my distributor this question, and the response from Stern was that they do not sell a mixed set.
If you find someone else that wants the same you could buy 2 sets and swap a side.

#4767 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I would love to do this with you but the price is too high for me.

#4768 6 years ago

ok, well if anyone wants a right side stark, left side lanister let me know I could buy two sets and ship the mixed set to them

#4769 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would love to do this with you but the price is too high for me.

too bad that would be awesome!

#4770 6 years ago

Has anyone here replaced the support "pegs" on their Pro with support rails?
Did you have to drill any new holes in the underside to install them? Its the only pin I have with the Pegs and I hate them.

#4771 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Did you have to drill any new holes in the underside to install them? Its the only pin I have with the Pegs and I hate them.

Pretty sure the holes are already there.

#4772 6 years ago

Was two shots away from the Iron Throne last night going with House Greyjoy. What a rush, was so much fun collecting the other houses powers and being able to the use them, great being able to add-a-ball during MB on demand while collecting more gold and shot multipliers lighting more often... Just had one shot left to kill the last dragon and then the center ramp to Iron Throne. Definitely a much harder path than choosing house Martell, but fun to mix it up a little bit.

#4773 6 years ago

I will have to try it just for seeing the difference. Sounds like it was a great game.

#4774 6 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the victory lap cities for IT and know if there is an end to them? Don't play thrones these days and haven't done iron throne for probably nine months, but back then I got there a few times and had at least one good run where I made it through I'd say at least a half dozen bonus cities after completing the last of the main houses.

#4775 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I don't have the pro, but I added them to my Iron Man VE. I did drill holes, but I wrapped the drill bit with electrical tape to make a stopper so I didn't go too deep with the drill.

#4776 6 years ago

I'm happy to announce that I am back in the club! I'm not sorry that I traded my first one to get Tron back but I'm elated to have GOT back in the stable. I suck at it now but I was able to stack WIC and BFW a minute ago... what a rush! Got GOT? Yes. Yes, I do.

IMG_20170912_215027836 (resized).jpgIMG_20170912_215027836 (resized).jpg

#4777 6 years ago

This group just got a lot classier. Welcome back Hougie!!

#4778 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I'm happy to announce that I am back in the club! I'm not sorry that I traded my first one to get Tron back but I'm elated to have GOT back in the stable. I suck at it now but I was able to stack WIC and BFW a minute ago... what a rush! Got GOT? Yes. Yes, I do.

Right on! You still have tron to boot? Excellent combo if so

I still love this game, nearly 2 years in. Current strategy is playing as Tyrell > light LOL > qualify Targaryan > play Targaryan 1 > targaryan 2 + Greyjoy > bw multiball with targaryan 3 + Lannister > Tyrell > HOTK > ??? > profit

What are your guys' current strategies?

#4779 6 years ago

Oh, and I still don't give Dwight a pass on code. Awesome ruleset, but code needs a lot of polish. It would be such a delight if he could revisit it.

#4780 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh, and I still don't give Dwight a pass on code. Awesome ruleset, but code needs a lot of polish. It would be such a delight if he could revisit it.

I totally agree. That was one of my beefs before. It really needs some fanfare when you complete objectives. Something epic should happen with the sound and lights when finishing the major multiballs and modes.

Maybe Dwight could consult Chris Granner and polish it up. Chris is the freaking best. WH20, Whirlwind, FishTales, LOTR, to name a few. Amazing sound in those pins. I really believe that could make this pin over the top "Bad Ass".

#4781 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This group just got a lot classier. Welcome back Hougie!!

Aww shucks, Chuck. You're making me blush.

#4782 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I still love this game, nearly 2 years in. Current strategy is playing as Tyrell > light LOL > qualify Targaryan > play Targaryan 1 > targaryan 2 + Greyjoy > bw multiball with targaryan 3 + Lannister > Tyrell > HOTK > ??? > profit

Shoot...I'm still working on the strategy from a few weeks ago! You move quick!

#4783 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try not to drain...

#4784 6 years ago

My strategy varies by how well I'm playing (or how well I think I'm going to play).

If I'm on my "A" game:

Start as Grey Joy. Light and defeat Martell. Light and defeat Tyrell. Start BW MB and bring Lannister into it (should be lit by this time). I typically save my Martel action button at this point (unless I know for sure I won't beat Lannister), MB usually completes Lannister. Make sure I don't multi-drain, and then go for HOTK. Saving the Martel action button allows for longer HOTK MB and bigger shot at much bigger points. I should probably bring Targaryen into HOTK instead, but that shot is so dang risky that I avoid it until after HOTK if possible, unless I just happen to have it dialed in. After that I grind out Targaryen coupled with lighting my MBs. It's important to get the easy dragons out of the way and bring the big boy in with a MB. Playing on an LE/Premium is especially helpful as the upper playfield really helps mode progression. Then you are onto the Iron Throne, and that, well, that is just plain good old fashioned super fun.

If I'm on my "B" game:
Start as Tyrell. Light but don't start Greyjoy (right orbit backhands are easy and low risk). Light Stark (backhanding that right ramp is so easy and such low risk) and bring Stark in with Tyrell. I focus on building Stark as much as possible and then cashing out with a little time left on Tyrell. Bang away at Tyrell and try to complete and get your locks ready for BW MB. I find it important to make sure you time out your mode before starting BW MB. At that point, I hit center ramp, bring in Grey Joy and Lannister into BW MB. The shots for BW MB line up so nicely with Grey Joy I beat the mode almost every time I play the MB. Plus, with the MB having balls flying around I typically light all my Lannister shots off of the risky stand ups and complete that mode as well. After that it's onto HOTK and basically my strategy above.

If I'm on my "C" game:
Start as Martell (if I'm playing shitty I like to be able to extend my MBs early and often) but I NEVER play Martel until after HOTK if I start as Martell. From here I follow the same strategy as "B." except it's a little more tricky/tedious because lighting Tyrell and not starting BW MB can be tough.

My grand champ score is right around 30 Billion the last time I looked going with these strategies (my top scores are all pretty well spread across those three houses). I find the most important thing is just to not blow the MBs. Focus on those and getting to the super jackpots and whatever you do, keep those shot multipliers and playfield multipliers running!

In any case, I hope that helps a few people that are stuck in the "there's only one house worth playing, and that's Martell" attitude. Branch out, figure out your play style and find the right house that builds on those strengths...

Last word of wisdom? is to practice, practice, practice the battering ram shot from a right flipper cradle. Once I gained confidence in that shot and the recovery my scores starting doubling.

#4785 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

My strategy varies by how well I'm playing (or how well I think I'm going to play).
If I'm on my "A" game:
Start as Grey Joy. Light and defeat Martell. Light and defeat Tyrell. Start BW MB and bring Lannister into it (should be lit by this time). I typically save my Martel action button at this point (unless I know for sure I won't beat Lannister), MB usually completes Lannister. Make sure I don't multi-drain, and then go for HOTK. Saving the Martel action button allows for longer HOTK MB and bigger shot at much bigger points. I should probably bring Targaryen into HOTK instead, but that shot is so dang risky that I avoid it until after HOTK if possible, unless I just happen to have it dialed in. After that I grind out Targaryen coupled with lighting my MBs. It's important to get the easy dragons out of the way and bring the big boy in with a MB. Playing on an LE/Premium is especially helpful as the upper playfield really helps mode progression. Then you are onto the Iron Throne, and that, well, that is just plain good old fashioned super fun.
If I'm on my "B" game:
Start as Tyrell. Light but don't start Greyjoy (right orbit backhands are easy and low risk). Light Stark (backhanding that right ramp is so easy and such low risk) and bring Stark in with Tyrell. I focus on building Stark as much as possible and then cashing out with a little time left on Tyrell. Bang away at Tyrell and try to complete and get your locks ready for BW MB. I find it important to make sure you time out your mode before starting BW MB. At that point, I hit center ramp, bring in Grey Joy and Lannister into BW MB. The shots for BW MB line up so nicely with Grey Joy I beat the mode almost every time I play the MB. Plus, with the MB having balls flying around I typically light all my Lannister shots off of the risky stand ups and complete that mode as well. After that it's onto HOTK and basically my strategy above.
If I'm on my "C" game:
Start as Martell (if I'm playing shitty I like to be able to extend my MBs early and often) but I NEVER play Martel until after HOTK if I start as Martell. From here I follow the same strategy as "B." except it's a little more tricky/tedious because lighting Tyrell and not starting BW MB can be tough.
My grand champ score is right around 30 Billion the last time I looked going with these strategies (my top scores are all pretty well spread across those three houses). I find the most important thing is just to not blow the MBs. Focus on those and getting to the super jackpots and whatever you do, keep those shot multipliers and playfield multipliers running!
In any case, I hope that helps a few people that are stuck in the "there's only one house worth playing, and that's Martell" attitude. Branch out, figure out your play style and find the right house that builds on those strengths...
Last word of wisdom? is to practice, practice, practice the battering ram shot from a right flipper cradle. Once I gained confidence in that shot and the recovery my scores starting doubling.

Holy F*CK 30 Billion you got me beat, now i got something to work towards think 26 bil is my GC.

And yea, those are 3 go to strategies for me. Also when i play Greyjoy i really like going for the super stack Stark > Tyrell > Martel> HOTK > Baratheon > WHC+Wall super stack.

#4786 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Holy F*CK 30 Billion you got me beat, now i got something to work towards think 26 bil is my GC.
And yea, those are 3 go to strategies for me. Also when i play Greyjoy i really like going for the super stack Stark > Tyrell > Martel> HOTK > Baratheon > WHC+Wall super stack.

I do have my replay set to award an extra ball. Otherwise, everything else is factory default code and set-up. Funny thing is, I still have games less than a few hundred million - missing the Targaryen shot or a bad bounce off of the battering ram can make for a quick ball...

#4787 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I do have my replay set to award an extra ball.

#4788 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I do have my replay set to award an extra ball. Otherwise, everything else is factory default code and set-up. Funny thing is, I still have games less than a few hundred million - missing the Targaryen shot or a bad bounce off of the battering ram can make for a quick ball...

VOID!!!!! Haha. Even if we dock you 50 percent of your score it's still nuts. Haha.

For your penance, make Hougie a sweet translite.

#4789 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

VOID!!!!! Haha. Even if we dock you 50 percent of your score it's still nuts. Haha.
For your penance, make Hougie a sweet translite.

Lol, I know, I know, blasphemy. Makes playing more fun for me when I know I'm working my way towards an extra ball... Glad games have their own settings for things like that (and again it shows that scores don't really mean shit, 'cause everyone has some degree of variation in how their games are set-up. angle, wax/clean level, outlanes, adjustments, ball quality, etc.) As for the penance, I wish I could, but alas, I can't.

#4790 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Lol, I know, I know, blasphemy. Makes playing more fun for me when I know I'm working my way towards an extra ball... Glad games have their own settings for things like that (and again it shows that scores don't really mean shit, 'cause everyone has some degree of variation in how their games are set-up. angle, wax/clean level, outlanes, adjustments, ball quality, etc.) As for the penance, I wish I could, but alas, I can't.

Yeah. True test of skill imo is putting those initials up in competition or on location. That's when it's the most satisfying for me.

#4791 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If I'm on my "A" game:
If I'm on my "B" game:
If I'm on my "C" game:

I was going to offer up some advice that on your A game you beat Lannister before Martel and then bring in Martel with your MB but after seeing 30 billion I'm not giving you any tips....

I say Lannister before BWMB as if you can light mystery first and buy "Light Super Jackpot" and you start BWMB before collecting the super jackpot it will let you collect it an unlimited amount of time as long as you don't collect the 5 BWMB jackpots.

#4792 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Does anyone have a list of the victory lap cities for IT and know if there is an end to them? Don't play thrones these days and haven't done iron throne for probably nine months, but back then I got there a few times and had at least one good run where I made it through I'd say at least a half dozen bonus cities after completing the last of the main houses.

Anybody? I thought this is where the pin studs hang!

#4793 6 years ago

I don't have a list and if their is an end I've never made it that far. I always leave Iron Throne after a ball drain.

#4794 6 years ago

No way someone knows this unless they were recording. Glass off testing should do the trick.

#4795 6 years ago

I made it through Iron Throne once. Couldnt tell you how many bonus cities there were though, too busy trying not to mess up.

Spoiler - i can tell you after that, the game essentially resets and you start over. IIRC you stay with the house you started with, but that might not be completely true...

#4796 6 years ago

My current strat is to play as Martell. Avoid Martell mode and try to take Greyjoy, Lannister, Tyrell, and Targaryen into HOTK. If I use my add a ball during BWMB and happen to get HOTK on the same ball, I will just wail on spinners and drops until I drain so I can start HOTK on a fresh ball and have my add a ball.

If I'm playing in league or matchplay I'll follow the same strat but swap in Lannister instead of Targaryen. Then if I'm deep into the game and not progressing towards HOTK as I should be, I will at some point decide to just start Martell and get some easy points.

My alternate strategy is starting as Greyjoy and going straight after Martell to get the add a ball. Everything after that is just gravy!

#4797 6 years ago

BTW, I played Eric's GOT pro at Cleveland and it is the best playing GOT I've ever "GOT" my hands on. Thanks for bring it to the show!

On my second game I made it to Iron Throne, then shit the bed with a 90m IT. LOL

#4798 6 years ago

So i joined the club today i was wondering from videos i watch i should be able to chose a house at start of game? Cause stark is always lit and i cant chose a house i want is this correct?

#4799 6 years ago

Thanks Chris!! I think I have it dialed pretty good. It played great all weekend from what I've heard. Still haven't set it back up yet. Being lazy.

#4800 6 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So i joined the club today i was wondering from videos i watch i should be able to chose a house at start of game? Cause stark is always lit and i cant chose a house i want is this correct?

You're game has casual mode turned on. Need to turn that off in the settings. Also make sure you're running current code. New code has casual mode turned off as default.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/96?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.