371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 144.
#4701 6 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Moin Metengo,
das sieht gut aus.
Woher hast du das von eBay, bzw. Was hast du als suche eingegeben.
Von mir aus auch Antwort über flippermarkt.

Mein Lash,

I spreche nicht so gut Deutsch. Konnen Sie bitte nur Englisch am diesen forum gespracht? Sie konnen immer noch Deutsch am Flippermarkt gesprechen. Vielen Dank.

Der Boob

#4702 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

My textured GoT castle wall arrived today from Mezel Mods. I must say this is a crazy nice mod on this machine. The flat/shiny plastic castle wall was an early complaint for me. The texture and depth really add a nice visual, along with the handpainted detail. I watched intently as Mezel began work on this; and now so happy they have completed and made available to buy!

Oh no there goes another $200aud. Looks great.
Ordered as of a few seconds ago lol

#4703 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Mein Lash,
I spreche nicht so gut Deutsch. Konnen Sie bitte nur Englisch am diesen forum gespracht? Sie konnen immer noch Deutsch am Flippermarkt gesprechen. Vielen Dank.
Der Boob

Yeah......what he said

#4704 6 years ago

So what version looks best?

Premium or LE?

#4705 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So what version looks best?
Premium or LE?

LE

#4706 6 years ago

I thought it was Her Boob.... or Hair Boob?

Rob

#4707 6 years ago

I would say it's a tight race, but each version has its strengths and weaknesses. LE should have black T molding instead of white because it matches the armor.

Rob

#4708 6 years ago

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I have been away from the computer for a while. I've skimmed the recent posts

GOT Kicks Ass! It's my favorite pinball machine. It seems like a lot of people are lukewarm on the new Star Wars machine. I was wondering what GOT lovers opinions of SW is. I haven't had a chance to play it. Obviously, there are a lot of parallels to GOT with it.

#4709 6 years ago

I havent played it but from the dead flip stream it leaves me cold. Just doesn't have that LE wow factor.

Recently sold my HUO STLE....big mistake and happy to get it back from the guy with a trade deal for MMRLE

#4710 6 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I have been away from the computer for a while. I've skimmed the recent posts
GOT Kicks Ass! It's my favorite pinball machine. It seems like a lot of people are lukewarm on the new Star Wars machine. I was wondering what GOT lovers opinions of SW is. I haven't had a chance to play it. Obviously, there are a lot of parallels to GOT with it.

Loved it when I played the pro. Have a GOT LE and ordered a SW LE because I'm an idiot.

#4711 6 years ago

I like SW a lot. Can't wait to play the new code with all the scoring imbalances fixed. They have fixed a lot of it so far, now just need to squash a few more things.

#4712 6 years ago

Played a lot of SW pro on location and I always have a lot of fun. It's just fast and fun and the shot multiplier constantly keeps you on your toes. I'm just starting to learn the nuance of when to bring in more than one mode and when not to. It'll be a fun journey like I found with my GOTLE.

The shot multiplier rules will keep it fresh for a long time (I'm still learning and practicing on when to go for and build the playfield multiplier and shot multipliers on GOT and still love every minute of it). SW is a first cousin of GOT, if you like one, you'll likely like the other.

#4713 6 years ago

SW to me takes a lot of the good stuff from GOT (code), IM (speed) and ST (left and right ramps) and throws them in the blender... with Star Wars. I've owned and sold all three and miss them a bunch, and am really digging it.

Yes, it's stripped down, but I give Stern bonus points for including the multi colored LED inserts as well as the tri-color GI effects. I spent $300 to put the GI effects into my Met pro with the total light show mod, so in my mind I'd rather have that than a lit up Millenium Falcon and an exploding Death Star the average player will unlock once every 400 plays. LOVE the hyperspace loop on the premium, but not worth the extra dough to me. The shaker intergration is also very nice.

I will say mine is already ghosting like a bastard which is a bit of a bummer, but my distro will hopefully make it right. It's the chance you take with a NIB Stern these days... cosmetic issues aside it plays fantastically.

#4714 6 years ago

I only got about a dozen games on a pro so far. I'm not feeling it yet, at least not enough to buy or even swap GOT with it. The gameplay is fantastic, love the shots. But the code is a mess, it just feels sloppy. Hopefully Dwight can get it to all come together. I think getting rid of the GOT like mode stacking is an improvement. There are some things I enjoyed, like the main planet multiballs, the hurry ups, and the use of the FORCE drops. But everything felt like a mess; I'm not a fan of shooting hoth and starting Death Star missions.

I do feel there's a lack of direction in call outs. I'd love to hear yoda say, "shoot the left ramp, you must". Stuff like that. It would be hard to implement on such a fast pin, but the pin feels like it's all sound effects, no Star Wars. Maybe call outs for how many more shots are left? Something. The jackpot call outs are weak, very weak. The only energizing amazing effect in the game that I've seen is the extra ball - the game needs more of this.

Overall, With player controlled multipliers, keeping track of multipliers, tracking modes and progression, and system overload; the game feels more like work than fun. I was sweating after just a few games. Not what I want personally in a small pin home lineup.

But, there's always a but, I love what Dwight did with GOT and if he sticks to SW, I'm curious to see its final product and it can, and probably will, win me over.

#4715 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Now tell me where I can get those cool bumper caps. They are fantastic.

Quoted from jokerpoker:

Yeah he's not doing anymore. I have asked....pleaded.

didn't forget you.
guys i'm trying to get the same shield back in stock and every time they send me a smaller one or the wrong one.
next step is to polish that shield and trust me, it's a pain.

i didn't throw the towel yet!

#4716 6 years ago

GOT Kicks Ass! It's my favorite pinball machine. I was wondering what GOT lovers opinions of SW is. Obviously, there are a lot of parallels to GOT with it.

So, if you ask me, my opinion is, for having the same fun with SW like with GoT you need only one more arm for controlling and using the Action Butten while your two other arms play the game.
So maybe it is a Pin for mutants or maybe the best Pin for Headbangers.

Otherwise it is like:
Oh yeah now i am shooting the ball to... oh moment moment... no i must change the multiplier and.... no stop was the wrong one... but now yessss wow super shot (this is not my feeling of flow like in GoT).
But i am only a normal player no pro...

#4717 6 years ago

If you like GOT pro you will most likely like SW pro. Ruleset is similar. Shots flow like a mo-fo. Great game IMO.

#4718 6 years ago

Crud. I may have a node issue. So I thought I had a mechanical flipper issue with my pawl and link but replaced those and this problem is still here.

So very sporadically the right flipper on my game has super gimpy power behind it. Nothing consistent at all. Happened a couple times within a dozen flips or so, then didn't happen for a game or two. Just has very little power behind it like it won't even go half way up the middle ramp on a square shot and the flipper isn't even strong enough to flip all the way up cause of the weight of the ball it seems like.

Any thoughts before I call stern?

#4719 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crud. I may have a node issue. So I thought I had a mechanical flipper issue with my pawl and link but replaced those and this problem is still here.
So very sporadically the right flipper on my game has super gimpy power behind it. Nothing consistent at all. Happened a couple times within a dozen flips or so, then didn't happen for a game or two. Just has very little power behind it like it won't even go half way up the middle ramp on a square shot and the flipper isn't even strong enough to flip all the way up cause of the weight of the ball it seems like.

Sounds like a call into stern is in order. Sorry to hear, Keep us updated.

#4720 6 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

So, if you ask me, my opinion is, for having the same fun with SW like with GoT you need only one more arm for controlling and using the Action Butten while your two other arms play the game.
So maybe it is a Pin for mutants or maybe the best Pin for Headbangers.
Otherwise it is like:
Oh yeah now i am shooting the ball to... oh moment moment... no i must change the multiplier and.... no stop was the wrong one... but now yessss wow super shot (this is not my feeling of flow like in GoT).
But i am only a normal player no pro...

You have to know when the tie fighter hurry up is lit and after you hit it be able to cradle on one flipper while you rapidly hit the center button. I was able to do this several times and was in tie fighter multiball in no time.

#4721 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll give you $1200.00 for it right now!

#4722 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crud. I may have a node issue. So I thought I had a mechanical flipper issue with my pawl and link but replaced those and this problem is still way up cause of the weight of the ball it seems like.

Does your middle/upper node board have a jumper on the back? It should.

#4723 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Does your middle/upper node board have a jumper on the back? It should.

I'll check. Trent seems to think it may be an EOS switch issue. Gonna check that too.

#4724 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll check. Trent seems to think it may be an EOS switch issue. Gonna check that too.

i'll bet that's it. my left flipper went weak, i thought i needed to adjust the EOS. the next day one of the blades snapped off of it, so i think it was intermittent contact even though it had the correct gaping.

you should just replace it, these stern factory EOS are junk, i replaced both originals on my GOT flippers.

#4725 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'll bet that's it. my left flipper went weak, i thought i needed to adjust the EOS. the next day one of the blades snapped off of it, so i think it was intermittent contact even though it had the correct gaping.
you should just replace it, these stern factory EOS are junk, i replaced both originals on my GOT flippers.

I definitely have plenty of good ones. Might do that as well. Thanks! Would've been surprised if it was a node. Seems to me they either fail right away or are solid.

#4726 6 years ago

My weak flipper issue is definitely the EOS switch. Having a fit trying to adjust the new one right, but that was my issue. The game thought the EOS was always open.

#4727 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My weak flipper issue is definitely the EOS switch. Having a fit trying to adjust the new one right, but that was my issue. The game thought the EOS was always open.

Didn't Williams/Bally eliminate the EOS all together from their games shortly before the pinball division was shut down? Even STERNs in the early 2000's didn't have them, right? I wonder why they are back? what's the real benefit? seems like there's more chance of issues from what i've been reading, especially if you have to fine tune and bend a piece of metal just to get the right gap.

#4728 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Didn't Williams/Bally eliminate the EOS all together from their games shortly before the pinball division was shut down? Even STERNs in the early 2000's didn't have them, right? I wonder why they are back? what's the real benefit? seems like there's more chance of issues from what i've been reading, especially if you have to fine tune and bend a piece of metal just to get the right gap.

Without an EOS switch, the game can't strengthen flipper hold if the bat gets pushed down. So I think even with solid state flippers it's still necessary.

Rob

#4729 6 years ago

Does anyone remember a while back, there was a guy working on a mod for the castle door at the battering ram? I looked around and can't seem to find the pics. I wanted to take a second look at it because I think that area could use some improvement.

#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

didn't forget you.
guys i'm trying to get the same shield back in stock and every time they send me a smaller one or the wrong one.
next step is to polish that shield and trust me, it's a pain.
i didn't throw the towel yet!

I'm in for a set and may know of another just let me know where and when to send you some money if it works out.
Thanks again

#4731 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

anybody else having this guide fail for the center/left ramp on pro's? It's concerning...i've had 2 fail now, same spot. Stern doesn't stock these, and i don't think the post can be rewelded to itself. i know of one other person with the same fail.
edit, maybe you could rivot just the post back onto the guide?

I just had the same problem on my game. Do we have a solution?

IMG_0531 (resized).JPGIMG_0531 (resized).JPG

IMG_0532 (resized).JPGIMG_0532 (resized).JPG

#4732 6 years ago

Since this seems to be the de facto owner's thread I got a question for ya'll.

I just bought an used GoT Pro on Friday and currently the Martell shot is registering with every plunged ball.

I don't have access to a working Pro to compare it to but since the ball is physically hitting and activating the rollover switch my question is is it:

A) a mechanical problem; plunged balls should not be hitting the switch. I know the guy put a cliffy in the shooter lane that may be slowing down the speed of a plunged ball.

or

B) some other problem, as in the game should know not to register the Martell rollover switch right after a plunge.

If either A or B anyone got any ideas?

#4733 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Since this seems to be the de facto owner's thread I got a question for ya'll.
I just bought an used GoT Pro on Friday and currently the Martell shot is registering with every plunged ball.
I don't have access to a working Pro to compare it to but since the ball is physically hitting and activating the rollover switch my question is is it:
A) a mechanical problem; plunged balls should not be hitting the switch. I know the guy put a cliffy in the shooter lane that may be slowing down the speed of a plunged ball.
or
B) some other problem, as in the game should know not to register the Martell rollover switch right after a plunge.
If either A or B anyone got any ideas?

Pretty sure another switch is being triggered when the ball plunges. The game believes the ball is already in the playfield, registers a switch, then registers the Martell switch when the ball passes over it on the plunge. Put your game into switch test mode and bang on the playfield and sides of cabinet with your palm to see if any switches register.

#4734 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Put your game into switch test mode and bang on the playfield and sides of cabinet with your palm to see if any switches register.

Thanks, your advice made me think to try something even simpler. I soft plunged and the playfield stayed unvalidated. Which brings me to something I didn't mention; the auto plunger bracket on the game was broken where it holds the coil so auto plunge from the button is currently disabled and only physical plunging works. I now strongly suspect that this is the cause of the issue.

We'll see when the part comes in.

#4735 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Thanks, your advice made me think to try something even simpler. I soft plunged and the playfield stayed unvalidated. Which brings me to something I didn't mention; the auto plunger bracket on the game was broken where it holds the coil so auto plunge from the button is currently disabled and only physical plunging works. I now strongly suspect that this is the cause of the issue.
We'll see when the part comes in.

Well, yeah...that could do it, too, if the game thinks it plunged the ball.

#4737 6 years ago

There's far too much material in the shows since the release of this machine. Stern HAS to do some sort of updated code to contain some of this epic stuff. Cmon Dwight, this game is begging to be finished!!!

#4738 6 years ago

It'd be great if they can incorporate all 8 seasons into the code after the series is finished.

#4739 6 years ago

That would be amazing and completely unprecedented as far as pinball code updates go.

#4740 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That would be amazing and completely unprecedented as far as pinball code updates go.

It'd be even better if some of the houses had 2 characters to choose from. With the Stark house, it'd be great to choose between Arya & Rob.

Or throw in some more multi-ball modes like a Red Wedding multi-ball, or a Purple Wedding multi-ball, or a 3 eyed Raven multi-ball.

#4741 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It'd be even better if some of the houses had 2 characters to choose from. With the Stark house, it'd be great to choose between Arya & Rob.
Or throw in some more multi-ball modes like a Red Wedding multi-ball, or a Purple Wedding multi-ball, or a 3 eyed Raven multi-ball.

No way this happens but good ideas all the way around.

I'm cool with tweaks made to the house's to make them more balanced, more fanfare and animations for the multiballs not named BWMB, and bug fixes. I found one that made my game crash on stream the other night. Need to get with Dwight on that one.

#4742 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way this happens but good ideas all the way around.
I'm cool with tweaks made to the house's to make them more balanced, more fanfare and animations for the multiballs not named BWMB, and bug fixes. I found one that made my game crash on stream the other night. Need to get with Dwight on that one.

On the making of video, he spoke about killing white walkers on the upper playfield. This needs to be implemented, unless he was holding off once the series is done for spoiler reasons.

#4743 6 years ago

To see my game crash go to the 2 hour 6m mark. Anyone seen this before?

#4744 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

Never seen that. Looks like multiball + final shot of targaryan 2 + extra ball caused it no? Happened right when you hit that kickback shot.

Side note: Love this pin and watching others play. So many different ways to approach the game.

#4745 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'd like to see the second hero be purchased with gold. Some crazy amount for an extra ability.

#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

Have you ever had the all the GI stay off on Targaryen for an extended period of time (10 - 30 seconds)? Not the first one, and I don't remember if it was second or third.

Rob

#4747 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm cool with tweaks made to the house's to make them more balanced

Martel is too easy with Greyjoy for example? You just play the mode as normal and don't even have to make any Greyjoy shots... Plus there's some weird bug with Martel not ending and its animations continuing to play on after the mode is over or another one is started.

Rob

#4748 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Have you ever had the all the GI stay off on Targaryen for an extended period of time (10 - 30 seconds)? Not the first one, and I don't remember if it was second or third.
Rob

Never seen this but I'll keep an eye out.

#4749 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

yep it happened to me in the past, i realized when you press both flipper buttons at the same time to bypass the intro in the targaryen modes it did that, well that's what i remember, i could be wrong...

#4750 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yep it happened to me in the past, i realized when you press both flipper buttons at the same time to bypass the intro in the targaryen modes it did that, well that's what i remember, i could be wrong...

Yes, that's it I think.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.