Topic Stats

• 6,310 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 767 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg
15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg
18794F64-73BA-4BCA-AB12-21F1BE6BD6BD (resized).jpeg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg

There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 127.
#4501 2 years ago

That's probably an accurate statement. Unfortunately.
I feel GB needs an update way more than GOT and Dwight isnt getting "less" busy...

#4502 2 years ago

I want to know who decides the code schedule at Stern so I can start sending notarized letters once a week until they let him go back and polish his prior titles. Rushing him along to the next title is dumb. Good, polished code definitely sells more pins long after the initial rush. This release cadence they have going over there with the available code teams is not adequate.

Dwight, my man, if you see this please do another pass on this amazing pin.

#4503 2 years ago

It's too bad. Both games are so close to complete! One more code update would do the trick for GOT. Even just to fix some bugs like losing the extra ball when lit at the same time as Battle at the Wall Multiball. When both are lit and you hit the right loop, you get the multi-ball but the game forgets you also had an extra ball lit.

I am sure GB needs a few more code releases as well. It just seems these games are forgotten way too soon! GOT is less than 2 years old and GB of course is about a year only. Really makes me not want to drop big cash again on a NIB Stern. I will just wait and see how things play out first.

#4504 2 years ago

GOT prem for sale in WI if anyone is interested.

Archived after 18 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Very nice GOTpremium. Clean game and well maintained. Recently cleaned and silicone/titan rubber added. No mods or other stuff added. A stock game in good condition for a fair p...”
2017-06-07
Madison, WI
5,900 (OBO)

#4505 2 years ago

I can't imagine dwight or lyman will touch anything until both batman and sw are 95%+ complete. just my op. and don't read too much into any thread going quiet for very long- it just means people are actually playing their games instead of typing

#4506 2 years ago

Polish on GOT and GB would be nice, but at least for me, GOT was a keeper multiple code revisions ago, so anything else would just be icing!

Can't wait to play SW btw.

#4507 2 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

My question is, since Stern announced that GOT will no longer be in production,

Could you please show my the link or source from where you got this from?

#4508 2 years ago

Joining the club! Have deposit down on GOT pro which I'm hopefully picking up this weekend at Southern Fried. I can honestly say following this thread since it's inception is the main reason I've wanted a GOT for a while. In my limited game time (maybe 10 games on Prem/LE and 10 on a pro) I think I liked the pro a little more so when RandomKG put his up for sale I jumped on it immediately.

#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

It's for 2017 only. Check insta and FB. They could rerun in 2018 if there's demand.

#4510 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Yep. It was on Facebook that no more produced for 2017, but to me that means unless this new GOT season in July increases an unlikely demand, this game is being put out to pasture. I don't see a spike in sales for it anymore especially if no more code updates. And if they are selling out the remaining stock means the demand is low which is sad since its such a great game.

They also are stopping production on Metallica but that makes sense since its been in production for many years now.

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I can't imagine dwight or lyman will touch anything until both batman and sw are 95%+ complete. just my op. and don't read too much into any thread going quiet for very long- it just means people are actually playing their games instead of typing

I remember at pinball expo Dwight mentioned a revisit to the code later and he had some ideas. Check out and listen to what he has to say in this link during the GB seminar. He said its complete, but he would like to do a 2.0 version later (diector's cut stuff). It's around 41:00 in the seminar.
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/index.html

#4512 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I remember at pinball expo Dwight mentioned a revisit to the code later and he had some ideas. Check out and listen to what he has to say in this link during the GB seminar. He said its complete, but he would like to do a 2.0 version later (diector's cut stuff). It's around 41:00 in the seminar.
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/index.html

Oh yeah he definitely has more stuff and ideas he'd like to add from what he had told me. I think it's just a matter of if he can fit it in. Seems very very busy.

#4513 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I can't imagine dwight or lyman will touch anything until both batman and sw are 95%+ complete...

Remember - It was always gonna be AS before BM66. Then the 30th anniversary and the license deal came together, and BM66 jumped in front (with code not done, b/c they told Lyman and George they has X months less time to get the game out). Also why AS was more complete with the extra few months push back letting BM66 go first.

I recommend you don't expect the Stern release schedule to ever give time for the programmers to catch up. Many of those final tweaks to rules were Lyman doing stuff from home on his own time, b/c he personally wanted the game(s) better (i.e. where he had envisioned them to be at the beginning but ran out of time).

#4514 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Joining the club! Have deposit down on GOT pro which I'm hopefully picking up this weekend at Southern Fried. I can honestly say following this thread since it's inception is the main reason I've wanted a GOT for a while. In my limited game time (maybe 10 games on Prem/LE and 10 on a pro) I think I liked the pro a little more so when RandomKG put his up for sale I jumped on it immediately.

Gears dude! Curious to hear your thoughts after a good month of play. I don't know what it is about thrones, but I love it! When you get it in your collection, it'll look super sparse next to your other pins and you'll be like 'what am I doing with this pin?' But after awhile, the rules and scoring all start clicking. I'm trying to refrain from gloating on scores too much without video anymore, but just last weekend I finally broke my HOTK champion score which has been up there for nearly 6 mos. and it was a RUSH HOTK mode that cashed in 13bil .

Theme, rules, flow, scoring, is all rock solid for me on this one. Hope you enjoy it.

#4515 2 years ago

RandomKG's games are usually fantastic, so congrats on the GOT. I played an IM in a tourney not too long ago that used to belong to RandomKG, and that thing was bling, bling, bling! Played great, too!

#4516 2 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Remember - It was always gonna be AS before BM66. Then the 30th anniversary and the license deal came together, and BM66 jumped in front (with code not done, b/c they told Lyman and George they has X months less time to get the game out). Also why AS was more complete with the extra few months push back letting BM66 go first.

BM66 was released last October. It's been in the public eye for 9 months, plus development time before that. So it's already had at least a year of development. Those few months AS was pushed back should have been more than made up for on BM66 by now.

As for GOT, it deserves one more pass through the code. I hope Stern gives Dwight the time for that.

#4517 2 years ago

Could anyone suggest information regarding fixing/preventive care towards the up post sword ball lock on the right side? Is this a common break? What steps do you take to make it more dependable? Thanks.

#4518 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Could anyone suggest information regarding fixing/preventive care towards the up post sword ball lock on the right side? Is this a common break? What steps do you take to make it more dependable? Thanks.

That white plastic post snapped off for you? I'd call that a fluke for sure. Mines going strong after many plays and I've never heard of one breaking.

#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That white plastic post snapped off for you? I'd call that a fluke for sure. Mines going strong after many plays and I've never heard of one breaking.

It's not the post. I was taking my lunch break today at the pizza pallor down the street and I was crushing the Stark mode. The mechanism that would hold the ball and transfer the other ball froze and the screen display stated to report error to operator. Later the balls would only transfer after a server check, which put an end to my black water/stark multi ball. Has anyone else had this happen?

#4520 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

It's not the post. I was taking my lunch break today at the pizza pallor down the street and I was crushing the Stark mode. The mechanism that would hold the ball and transfer the other ball froze and the screen display stated to report error to operator. Later the balls would only transfer after a server check, which put an end to my black water/stark multi ball. Has anyone else had this happen?

Sounds like a fairly common issue. Stern will tell you it's a bad SD card.

#4521 2 years ago

What would you do...

Ball 2, you just started iron throne (as greyjoy), your sitting on a 13 billion score, and your 1 week old starts crying and your wife asks to get her. What do you do, what do you do...?

Needless to say, I ended my game at 13 bil and didn't even get past round 1 of IT even after revisiting the game 2 hours later to play ball 3 lol

#4522 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What would you do...
Ball 2, you just started iron throne (as greyjoy), your sitting on a 13 billion score, and your 1 week old starts crying and your wife asks to get her. What do you do, what do you do...?
Needless to say, I ended my game at 13 bil and didn't even get past round 1 of IT even after revisiting the game 2 hours later to play ball 3 lol

Well considering you get these scores every game I wouldn't worry too much about it. Happy wife.

#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What would you do...

I would reduce the number of extra balls from 7 to 3.

#4524 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Lol foiled again

#4525 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Lmao....that was funny boob!

#4526 2 years ago

Great to see all off you still so enthusiastic about GOT. So am I ! 
I own this game GOTpre for just over a year now. Since it landed into my gameroom I have hardly played any of my other games, and I do have a nice lineup..

This must be my favorite game of all times since this one made me play more hours than any title before. Sometimes I try to play a different machine but after 3 games or so I quickly go back to my GOT. (makes me wonder why I keep them…) Playing GOT(pre) requires you to be on top of your game, there is no room for error. One missed shot and the ball exits quicker than the eye. This happens to me most of my games a couple of times though. But it is also just that that makes you want to try again, again and again. Once you get a little understanding of its great rule-set it is just an addicting game. Unfortunately, still Im not mastering all its rules and advantages it can bring. Mostly because there is no time once the ball is in play to see what is going on. That has to do with my lack of skill

The bottleneck for me always is to finish Targaryen, by nature this is the most difficult house but on the Prem I think it is much harder, sometimes the ball ejects with force that is oke, sometimes it comes out lame and ends up in a SDTM. Perhaps I should look into it and try to fix it if possible?
Anyway, I made it to Iron Throne twice and that is just such a great goal to achieve, it brings the adrenaline you want in pinball. BTW, that is always my goal, on any pin, just to reach the final game, more than to get the most points on the board.
So after one year GOTpre these are my scores (all factory default, but 5 balls per game ):

Martell: 7,092,121,400
Stark: 3,321,245,090
Baratheon: 3,229,256,330
Lannister: 2,459,286,260
Greyjoy: 2,905,962,010
Tyrell: 2,100,842,030
WIC: 212,519,000
WHC: 1,233,185,000
HOK: 1,852,500,000
IT: 2,640,500,000
What a blast! But yes I still hope for one more good update especially to balance the awards for the houses and more functionality for the mini PF. (And the droptarget, its just a stand in my way without any reward)

Champ (resized).JPG

#4527 2 years ago

Ugh, life gets in the way on pinball!

Picked my GOT pro last weekend and still folded up in my foyer. Can't wait to get started posting some scores which are sure to be pathetic! Hopefully his weekend.

#4528 2 years ago

Did stern change the artwork for the backboard on the pro's? It looks like Pinbally1968 has a pyramid in the back left? My pro just has images of the iron throne room and a window in the back if i recall....

#4529 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Did stern change the artwork for the backboard on the pro's? It looks like Pinbally1968 has a pyramid in the back left? My pro just has images of the iron throne room and a window in the back if i recall....

There's only one stern translite for the Pro. The one with the character photoshop images on the left and right. Anything else you saw was an unlicensed alternate.

#4530 2 years ago

What are the highest scoring houses to bring into HOTK?

#4531 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There's only one stern translite for the Pro

thanks, i understand that Chuck. I'm referring to the backboard with the G.I. light string that is on the rear of the playfield.

#4532 2 years ago

The backboard on my Pro is Castle Black scene on right and window behind Iron throne on left

#4533 2 years ago

thanks, i understand that Chuck. I'm referring to the backboard with the G.I. light string that is on the rear of the playfield.

Whoops. My bad.

#4534 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What are the highest scoring houses to bring into HOTK?

Targaryean, stark, Tyrell, Lannister

#4535 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What would you do...

Just one more reason why I hate that the SPIKE system doesn't have a coin door ball saver. With my SAM games, when that happens, I just open the door. Take care of what needs to be taken care of and then come back to the game.

They didn't even add the interlock so it can't be added anymore. Wish they would add something in the code. Maybe make the tournament button area be useful. Allow someone to install the button and turn on a feature to where if you press it the game would cut the power to the coils until it's pressed again. Once the power to the coils is activated again (by pressing the button again) it feeds a ball back into the game. Sure you could exploit this but who cares. It then allows you the ability to test switches without coils firing (bumpers/slings for example) and gives the home player that "pause" feature back.

#4536 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

What a blast! But yes I still hope for one more good update especially to balance the awards for the houses and more functionality for the mini PF. (And the droptarget, its just a stand in my way without any reward)

vs

GOT (resized).jpg

Gotbg (resized).jpg

so it seems they did change the artwork? or is it just me, strange.

#4537 2 years ago

vs

so it seems they did change the artwork? or is it just me, strange.

The one on the bottom is a prem or LE

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The one on the bottom is a prem or LE

lol, thanks, derp!

#4539 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Targaryean, stark, Tyrell, Lannister

Simple enough!!

#4540 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Simple enough!!

Haha yeah. Good luck with the Targaryean piece.

Man can't wait to play my game on default settings again. Forgot what extra balls and default lock settings are. Haha

#4541 2 years ago

Yeah, Targaryean can be tough. For some reason I always struggle getting dialed in on the dragon shot. Some good points in the modes though so I do like to try and get through the first 2 rounds in single ball play and then tackle the 3rd round as part of a MB.

#4542 2 years ago

What are people doing to get the ball to stay in the throne? 90% of the time mine bounces right back our into the pop bumpers, so I almost never get to pick an award. Any advice would be much appreciated.

#4543 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

What are people doing to get the ball to stay in the throne? 90% of the time mine bounces right back our into the pop bumpers, so I almost never get to pick an award. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Check the prem/LE thread but I believe people are putting rubber sleeves on the wire form to create speed bumps to slow the ball down to let it sit in the throne. Others put some foam in the throne to help the ball hold in there better I think.

#4544 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Loosen the screws the ramp connects to. Lower the end closer to the throne. That will fix it.

#4545 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Loosen the screws the ramp connects to. Lower the end closer to the throne. That will fix it.

What he said. Plus I tweaked mine to make sure the end of the wireform where the ball drops out is DIRECTLY over the hole in the throne. Mine never falls out, and I mean never.

#4546 2 years ago

Yep...I found oddly enough that simply by NOT overtightening the wireform leading to the throne, it allowed enough wiggle room that, for some strange reason, completely removed my bounce-outs. Go figure...

#4547 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What he said. Plus I tweaked mine to make sure the end of the wireform where the ball drops out is DIRECTLY over the hole in the throne. Mine never falls out, and I mean never.

Ditto here. Tried foam, but not the correct solution. The back of the wire form lowered, and centered were the 2 things I did - mines an LE model.

#4548 2 years ago

Wow. I'm completely opposite. For my ball to stay in the thron I have to make sure that the wire form coming from the VUK to the throne is on as little of a slope as possible. Have the left side as low as possible and have the right side as high as possible, otherwise I find that the ball rolls to quickly to the throne and has enough momentum to roll off the front of the chair. I don't use foam or anything else. I'm well over 2000 plays and I've solved it for my machine it never falls out now

#4549 2 years ago

Finally have my pro in the house. Little lonely as no more room in my game loft but convinced my wife that I need another wall

IMG_1623 (resized).JPG

#4550 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

my game loft but converted need my wife that I need another wall

And now in English...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside