371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 144.
#4451 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

New Stern topper. Will it take off??

Sure. Just put a numbered plaque on it.

#4452 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

New Stern topper. Will it take off??

I think maybe I could afford that one probably.

The GOT Topper is really awesome, I hope to get one someday.

#4453 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think maybe I could afford that one probably.
The GOT Topper is really awesome, I hope to get one someday.

You should buy a night rider instead.

#4454 6 years ago

Hello

I am new to the club. Just picked myself up a GOT LE (HUO) and not off to a good start. I might be typing this a liitle early without checking but I am hoping to have a few ideas before I check this later. The GOT I bought worked fine with the topper on it. The topper was removed for transport purposes. When setting it up in my basement the topper won't fit with my finished ceiling so I have to set up in another part of the basement. So I wanted to set it up without the topper and check it. So I loaded up the pinballs, leveled it, turned it on and it turns up but the LED's on the playfield does not light up but the display lights up.
I did not have time to check all the connections which might be the problem. The question I have is, does the topper being disconnected affect the machine booting up. I did not unplug the topper wires prior to picking up the machine. Does wires have to be disconnected from the computer in the head of the machine for the topper to work? I am going to try and hook up the topper without putting it on top and see if the lights work. It also said searching for pinballs which makes me believe that the wires that were disconnect in the head have to be either plugged back in some where or back into the topper.

Any help would be great if you could e-mail me or post it here, much appreciated.

Thanks.....I'll keep you posted.

#4455 6 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Hello
I am new to the club. Just picked myself up a GOT LE (HUO) and not off to a good start. I might be typing this a liitle early without checking but I am hoping to have a few ideas before I check this later. The GOT I bought worked fine with the topper on it. The topper was removed from transport purposes. When setting it up in my basement the topper won't fit with my finished ceiling so I have to set up in another part of the basement. So I wanted to set it up without the topper and check it. So I loaded up the pinballs, leveled it, turned it on and it turns up but the LED's on the playfield does not light up but the display lights up.
I did not have time to check all the connections which might be the problem. The question I have is, does the topper being disconnected affect the machine booting up. I did not unplug the topper wires prior to picking up the machine. Does wires have to be disconnected from the computer in the head of the machine for the topper to work? I am going to try and hook up the topper without putting it on top and see if the lights work. It also said searching for pinballs which makes me believe that the wires that were disconnect in the head have to be either plugged back in some where or back into the topper.
Any help would be great if you could e-mail me or post it here, much appreciated.
Thanks.....I'll keep you posted.

Lights should all work with or without the topper. Most likely you shook a connection loose...it happens all the time, especially on newer Sterns. Hell, connections fall out of my ACDC trough just because of the shaker motor.

#4456 6 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

It also said searching for pinballs which makes me believe that the wires that were disconnect in the head have to be either plugged back in some where or back into the topper.

You need to double check the topper wiring is reversed - IE: the wiring must be configured exactly as if there was no topper.

#4457 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd like to see more scores from LE owners. I have a tough time putting up big scores on all the LE/PREMs I have played. It's definitely the harder version.

I'll see if I can get some time to try. My problem is I don't have enough time to get in that many games in a sitting and it could very likely take me a week to put that many games in.

You and I sound very similar and actually closely skilled. I play in 3 soccer leagues and have 2 kids (7 and 18 months). I just quit playing league though to add my 3rd soccer league. As much as I enjoy pinball it just wasn't as much fun not to mention the loss of the health benefits.

#4458 6 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

I'd guess node board connections first. The Ethernet cable goes from board to board and if it is disconnected, the communications stop.

#4459 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'd guess node board connections first. The Ethernet cable goes from board to board and if it is disconnected, the communications stop.

Yep, that was it. One of the Ethernet cable was disconnected (the one that connects to the topper) because he removed the topper before I got there so when we wrapped the machine the topper would not be on it during transport. I plugged the wire back in without the topper because it would not fit in my basement with my finished ceiling. Plugged it in, looks beautiful, I updated the code and it plays great.

Thanks for all the suggestions, much appreciated.

#4460 6 years ago

The other thing I wanted to mention was, what an awesome sound and light show it is when played in a home environment with no other machines or noise drowning out the machine. I have played so many machines on location, pinball shows, etc., but you really get to see and hear what an incredible machine it is. Thanks.

#4461 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Nitpick: Its not an ethernet cable :/

#4462 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd like to see more scores from LE owners. I have a tough time putting up big scores on all the LE/PREMs I have played. It's definitely the harder version.

Managed to get in a couple games last night before everyone went to bed. I'll update here once I get more played this weekend. Decent start so far.

Game setting - lanes are in the hard position, tilt will give you one good move, EB's are on and Mini PF have mini Flippers installed

Stark - 3,154,992,660
Baratheon - 1,322,014,225
Lannister - 2,466,332,590 - I screwed to pooch on this one. Missed a HOTK SJ of a little over 2B. Hit the ram but off to the side so it didn't register which the ball then went SDTM. Final ball drained with the last Dragon shot left to complete Targaryen and light Iron Throne. Yes, my BWMB sucked big time....

Rolling total so far = 6,943,339,475

#4463 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Managed to get in a couple games last night before everyone went to bed. I'll update here once I get more played this weekend. Decent start so far.
Game setting - lanes are in the hard position, tilt will give you one good move, EB's are on and Mini PF have mini Flippers installed
Stark - 3,154,992,660
Lannister - 2,466,332,590 - I screwed to pooch on this one. Missed a HOTK SJ of a little over 2B. Hit the ram but off to the side so it didn't register which the ball then went SDTM. Final ball drained with the last Dragon shot left to complete Targaryen and light Iron Throne. Yes, my BWMB sucked big time....

Nice job!
Question: how did you know what your HOTK Hurryup SJP was worth? Is it displayed on the dmd and I never seen it?

#4464 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice job!
Question: how did you know what your HOTK Hurryup SJP was worth? Is it displayed on the dmd and I never seen it?

Yeah. I think during the sets it's displayed on the bottom left. Or maybe it doesn't appear until it's primed. Can't remember.

#4465 6 years ago

Chuckwurt is correct. It shows while you are playing the set. If you are in Stark extra round it doesn't show while playing in that part though. It also shows when it actually starts to count down. I'm sure you are aware but just in case, it's effected by PF multipliers too. Mine was a little over 500 million with 4x going when I missed it.

#4466 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Mine was a little over 500 million with 4x going when I missed it.

Story of my effing life. Ugh.

#4467 6 years ago

Cool. I'm gonna have to look for that next time.

#4468 6 years ago

Eskaybee what's the ball save trick in WHC again? As long as balls are in the pops it pauses? What do you do to keep balls up there? Or is this only a thing if you're doing the super stack?

#4469 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

eskaybee what's the ball save trick in WHC again? As long as balls are in the pops it pauses? What do you do to keep balls up there? Or is this only a thing if you're doing the super stack?

You just constantly let balls drain as they come to the flippers. You basically use one ball to shoot the PF while the rest constantly drain. I haven't tried this since installing the newest code and I don't recall it working on V1.29 on my LE as I could never get it to work on that version. Either I was doing something wrong, it doesn't work on the Prem/LE or it's something that happened in the newer code. I put 1.34 on my game last night before playing so I haven't tried it on the new code yet but to date the only times I've ever been able to get it to work was on a pro out on route.

#4470 6 years ago

Pretty much what Vett said. But, there is a trigger that causes the bug as I can't always get it to work. I'm 90% sure the trigger is getting the add a ball from the pops which is why you want to keep draining to get a ball in the pops. There may be one other thing that needs to happen to get the ball saver going but my initial thought is that you have to get add a ball from pops and then keep a ball in the pops.

#4471 6 years ago

IMG_5866 (resized).JPGIMG_5866 (resized).JPGMan if I can put this up on ball one at my house for a tournament next month with these hard ass settings, I'll be happy. Haha.

Btw end shy of 7.4. Woof. But a new GC for me!!

#4472 6 years ago

I cant really understand all these insane scores :p

What about having a new week tournament on tournament settings?

#4473 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I cant really understand all these insane scores :p
What about having a new week tournament on tournament settings?

Not sure if hat does anything but turn off EBs.

Also this particular score was with Greyjoy and I had two amazing blackwater multiballs where is was getting 5x supers. This game also had at least 3 billion from spinner rips after I came out of HOTK with 4x playfield. I also made sure to reset the playfield multipliers as they went out to really maximize the time I could rip the spinner. Hit it like 10 times.

#4474 6 years ago

Yep, actually setting competition doesn't even turn off EB's. The easiest way to set-up for a tourney is the Josh Sharpe method. Go into utilities/installs. Install Novelty, then Install Competition. Then go into game adjustments and turn ball saver time to none. Done!

#4475 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man if I can put this up on ball one at my house for a tournament next month with these hard ass settings, I'll be happy. Haha.
Btw end shy of 7.4. Woof. But a new GC for me!!

Don't worry. When the tourney happens you'll be sure to put up a score of less than 1/2 Billion! That's how it works!

#4476 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Don't worry. When the tourney happens you'll be sure to put up a score of less than 1/2 Billion! That's how it works!

You know it. Haha. I'm just proud that I was capable of this with these settings. That ball was a rush. Everything came together nicely.

#4477 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Stark - 3,154,992,660

Got my last games in on Sunday night.
Greyjoy - 1,784,217,800
Tyrel - 582,784,190
Martel - 2,468,648,060

Total score - 11,778,989,525

So close to a couple blow up games but just chocked at the wrong moments. Not sure what happened with Tyrel but I didn't even make it to HOTK. I'll have to try this again next chance I can get enough time to hit all the games at once. Was a fun challenge. Showed I'm fairly consistent but also shows I'm consistently leaving a lot on the table.

#4478 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got my last games in on Sunday night.
Greyjoy - 1,784,217,800
Tyrel - 582,784,190
Martel - 2,468,648,060
Total score - 11,778,989,525
So close to a couple blow up games but just chocked at the wrong moments. Not sure what happened with Tyrel but I didn't even make it to HOTK. I'll have to try this again next chance I can get enough time to hit all the games at once. Was a fun challenge. Showed I'm fairly consistent but also shows I'm consistently leaving a lot on the table.

Very nice!

You guys are going to love this. Cleaned my games Friday night (played a few afterward). All weekend i was busy with baby showers (including one of our own), plus soccer, and a lot of baby prep'ing. Needless to say (and yes i am using this as an excuse lol) i decided to go for the GOT challenge late sunday night. I got too tired to finish, but will finish it tonight or tomorrow. Here's how my mortal scores are looking

Stark: 577,105,550
Baratheon: 1,518,143,850
Lannister: 1,158,349,610
Greyjoy: 620,116, 490
Tyrell: not played
Martell: not played

#4479 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

All weekend i was busy with baby showers (including one of our own)

Congrats!!!

#4480 6 years ago

Agreed, Congrats on the new addition.

Also, it is amazing on how cleaning a game can throw you off for a little bit. Just that added difference changes all your flipper angles. I think the hardest for me to overcome is a change in flipper rubber. That extra grip always has me shooting shots early.

#4481 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That extra grip always has me shooting shots early

This is my biggest problem after a cleaning. I've stopped cleaning my flipper rings because of this. Let get nice and dirty.

#4482 6 years ago

i find the biggest contributors towards gameplay changes concern the metal ball guides and needing readjustment. I was getting poor ball returns to slings or awkward flipper areas, so i have had to bend back 3 main ball guides:

1. the outer right orbit guide, at the bottem near the post/rubber
2. the left entrance to the center ramp, it actually broke and had to install a new ball guide, but i have also had to bend the replacement towards the center of the ramp/to the right.
3. the dragon left entrance ball guide, had to bend back towards the center ramp area.

this will help get those NIB ball returns back, if any of you have noticed any slight/big changes in gameplay.

#4483 6 years ago

Haven't seen anything like this in over 5k plays, but I do need to rebuild my right flipper. That was pretty surprising.

#4484 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do need to rebuild my right flipper. That was pretty surprising.

i've had flipper problems with mine. had to replace both flipper EOS switchs (broke in half), had to replace both EOS switch adjucators (broke in half), had to re solder both flipper coil wires back onto coil terminal (1 even had the entire solder tab break off the coil).

over time, the balls just kept banging the balls guides back. i noticed that the returns were making the gameplay super tough (lots of SDTM and sling returns, which required minor adjustments.

#4485 6 years ago

It's Friday boys and time to try to recover from the horrible start I had in my Sunday's GOT challenge and I did it in a big way! This just seriously happened...just when I thought I seen it all in this game after owning 1 1/2 years, I pulled off getting 2 HOTK super hurry up jackpots! With the second one having 5x pf multiplier going and ccashed it in for 10bil +. Got a new HOTK champion after almost a year at 16 bil! I was jumping for joy and it was on ball 3. My adrenaline still flowing lol.

GOT challenge #3
Greyjoy: 620,116,490
Tyrell: 8,829,317,350 (iron throne!)
Martell: 17,777,639,330 (16 bil HOTK!)

#4487 6 years ago

Glad to see you paying it forward.

#4488 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's Friday boys and time to try to recover from the horrible start I had in my Sunday's GOT challenge and I did it in a big way! This just seriously happened...just when I thought I seen it all in this game after owning 1 1/2 years, I pulled off getting 2 HOTK super hurry up jackpots! With the second one having 5x pf multiplier going and ccashed it in for 10bil +. Got a new HOTK champion after almost a year at 16 bil! I was jumping for joy and it was on ball 3. My adrenaline still flowing lol.
GOT challenge #3
Greyjoy: 620,116,490
Tyrell: 8,829,317,350 (iron throne!)
Martell: 17,777,639,330 (16 bil HOTK!)

Seriously get a C920 and a cheap ass stand and start recording some of these games. 16 billion HOTK? That's nuts.

#4489 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seriously get a C920 and a cheap ass stand and start recording some of these games. 16 billion HOTK? That's nuts.

Yeah, but it would be really annoying to see his hand keep coming into the shot to divert the ball from draining.

#4490 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have the equipment, though it's out on loan right now. I'll see what I can do after baby is born.

#4491 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've never seen anyone stream pinball with the glass off, might be cool!

#4492 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank you. Played four games yesterday and couldn't even get close to HOTK on any of them. I think all 4 games took about 10 minutes total. I think you guys with the pro version suck, posting your high scores so the premium/LE owners can all feel inadequate.

My scores with significant time on both a LE and a Pro have been pretty much the same. A pat on the back for Steve and Dwight.

#4493 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

agree, the scores SKB mentions are Elwin territory

#4494 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

My scores with significant time on both a LE and a Pro have been pretty much the same. A pat on the back for Steve and Dwight.

You're a horrible person.

#4495 6 years ago

Hey beelzeboob pix for the iron throne wizard mode i got. Sorry to rub it in.

IMG_3453 (resized).JPGIMG_3453 (resized).JPG

#4496 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hey beelzeboob pix for the iron throne wizard mode i got. Sorry to rub it in.

That one doesn't count. The ball drains in the opposite direction down under.

#4497 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That one doesn't count. The ball drains in the opposite direction down under.

Well then i guess the new Grand Champion score is no good either! No way I'm ever going to get near Chucks 10billion + scores
All my games are 5 ball as i would get no where on modern Sterns with only 3 ball.

IMG_3451 (resized).JPGIMG_3451 (resized).JPG

#4498 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i've had flipper problems with mine. had to replace both flipper EOS switchs (broke in half), had to replace both EOS switch adjucators (broke in half), had to re solder both flipper coil wires back onto coil terminal (1 even had the entire solder tab break off the coil). over time, the balls just kept banging the balls guides back. i noticed that the returns were making the gameplay super tough (lots of SDTM and sling returns, which required minor adjustments.

Broken EOS switches and switch actuators are fairly common these days. I don't get nearly as much play on the new flipper assemblies as I did ten years ago. Only major item that has broken on my GOT Pro is the sword bracket under the playfield, coil stop at bottom of bracket snapped right off. Replacement part is beefier, so that is good. Replaced all but one set of opto switches. Also, an unusual issue cropped up a few thousand plays ago where the game would choose a house on its own at the beginning of a game. Tracked it down to a connector of a ramp opto switch, reseated the connector--not at the board but between a female and male molex connector, problem went away. Haven't seen that exact issue on any other new Stern, and I have seen lots of opto problems on newer Sterns.

All in All, game has been a workhorse, players love it, and I clean/maintain it at least once a week. Game has around 14,000 plays.

#4499 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

All my games are 5 ball as i would get no where on modern Sterns with only 3 ball.

Oh, well...then that makes sense.

1 week later
#4500 6 years ago

Since the announcement of Star Wars this thread has gotten real quiet. My question is, since Stern announced that GOT will no longer be in production, should I stop holding my breath for one more code update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.