371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 144.
#4351 6 years ago

Yes your right, the center or left ramp. So 2 optos and 3 micros is what I'll check for. Not at home for a while.

#4352 6 years ago

Sometimes all that's needed is reseating the opto connectors under the pf. As things shake, those sometimes get a fraction of a hair loose. But please update what you find.

#4353 6 years ago

I thought I might have some buyer's remorse with buying GOT. The only remorse that I have is that I didn't do it sooner.

I have most of the default initials off of the machine. Still haven't gotten to Winter has Come or Iron Throne. I've tried hard to get to Winter has Come but it's so challenging. Have you gotten all of the default initials off of your machine? How long did it take you?

When I play GOT on location, after a launch, the ball will bounce around in the pops, it will then come down the right orbit. On location, if I don't flip, the ball will hit the right flipper and bounce over to the left flipper where I can then catch it on the left flipper. Do you have your machine setup like that? I like that action. On my machine, the ball will come down hit the right flipper, bounce over to the left flipper and then bounce back over to the right. I tried adjusting the angle of the playfield but that didn't really change that. Is that something where the bounciness will decrease over time? Or is that an adjustment that I can make?

#4354 6 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I thought I might have some buyer's remorse with buying GOT. The only remorse that I have is that I didn't do it sooner.
I have most of the default initials off of the machine. Still haven't gotten to Winter has Come or Iron Throne. I've tried hard to get to Winter has Come but it's so challenging. Have you gotten all of the default initials off of your machine? How long did it take you?
When I play GOT on location, after a launch, the ball will bounce around in the pops, it will then come down the right orbit. On location, if I don't flip, the ball will hit the right flipper and bounce over to the left flipper where I can then catch it on the left flipper. Do you have your machine setup like that? I like that action. On my machine, the ball will come down hit the right flipper, bounce over to the left flipper and then bounce back over to the right. I tried adjusting the angle of the playfield but that didn't really change that. Is that something where the bounciness will decrease over time? Or is that an adjustment that I can make?

My machine behaves exactly the same way and it's a little frustrating. I'm guessing it's the pitch of the machine. I like it steep...somewhere between 7 and 7.5 degrees (if not a smidgen more). I think if the pitch was shallower, you wouldn't get that secondary bounce off the left flipper and back to the right.

#4355 6 years ago

Every game is different. Try live catching on the right instead of dead bouncing.

#4356 6 years ago

When I first got my GOT it played like that as well. I loved it because I could count on controlling the ball with the left flipper after bouncing off the right. I moved the machine to put another game in its place and since then it does what yours is doing now. I have tried and tried with different steepnesses, slight left or right changes from level and I still can't get my game to play like it did. I suppose I could put it back on its original spot but I thought it was level and just tried to re-level it in its new location. Weird. If you find the sweet spot LMK.

#4357 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sometimes all that's needed is reseating the opto connectors under the pf. As things shake, those sometimes get a fraction of a hair loose. But please update what you find.

I went into switch test and tested all the center ramp switches. Both optos registered when crossed and all micro switches near the sword lock also tested fine. I rolled a ball up the ramp and all switches registered. It plays fine now. Didn't do nothing. I will reseat the opto connectors just to do it and see if it continues to play right. Thanks for the advice.

#4358 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I went into switch test and tested all the center ramp switches. Both optos registered when crossed and all micro switches near the sword lock also tested fine. I rolled a ball up the ramp and all switches registered. It plays fine now. Didn't do nothing. I will reseat the opto connectors just to do it and see if it continues to play right. Thanks for the advice.

When mine did this it was the front sword lock switch next to the white plastic post. It was flaky. I replaced it and haven't had an issue since. However that would only register in test sometimes.

#4359 6 years ago

You have to catch the ball with the right flipper when it comes down to the flipper, that's called a live catch (I think) as Chuckwurt said. Watch some YouTube videos of some guys playing and you will see what I'm talking about. You don't want the ball to go over to your left flipper because most of the shots are going to be with your right flipper anyway.

I also just set my angle up where the bubble on the playfield tells you to.

#4360 6 years ago

Of course a live catch will work but takes lots of practice. I'd rather have a sure catch on the left flipper and then transfer it to the right if I need to, easier to control for me.

#4361 6 years ago

My GOT used to easily bounce off right flipper up to the left, barely hitting sling shot, allowing me to catch on the left. Since waxing & replacing rubbers, it stopped doing it and if I let it bounce it would get wildly out of control. However, as the new rubbers are getting more wore in, and pf settling a bit, it started going back to the normal way but not all the time.

#4362 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Of course a live catch will work but takes lots of practice. I'd rather have a sure catch on the left flipper and then transfer it to the right if I need to, easier to control for me.

Not really, I'm a scrub and I learned to do it easily.

#4363 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions and relaying your experience. I think I'm going to continue playing with the pitch to see if I can get the dead bounce to the left flipper from launch. My desire is not for making controlling the ball from launch easier, it's that I like having the option of getting the ball caught on the left flipper so I have an easy shot at Tyrell to get the lock set.

#4364 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions and relaying your experience. I think I'm going to continue playing with the pitch to see if I can get the dead bounce to the left flipper from launch. My desire is not for making controlling the ball from launch easier, it's that I like having the option of getting the ball caught on the left flipper so I have an easy shot at Tyrell to get the lock set.

Or try backhanding the right ramp from the right flipper then hit the locks. That way you're working towards stark mode and lighting locks. Then by your third lock you will have at least three modes ready to play.

#4365 6 years ago

Sorry to say that I will be departing this club soon. My only regret is that I never attained SKB level scores.

And thanks Chuck for your advice on the ram. If anyone's ram isn't registering, make sure you read those posts and fix it. It makes the game better.

Someday I'll have a huge house where I can keep them all

#4366 6 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/chuckwurt

Did a stream tonight for a bit on GOT. had a pretty unorthodox game of house stark in the first 20 mins. got a billion points without even playing a house battle. other than that, I didn't do much but drain out before showing the SJP bug. uploading to my YT channel now.

#4367 6 years ago

The unorthodox house stark game was fun to watch. Thanks for showing getting Winter has Come. I've been trying to get that. I didn't realized that I didn't have to complete each of the winter is coming. Just need to start it 4 times for WHC. Should make that a bit easier.

#4368 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

https://www.twitch.tv/chuckwurt
Did a stream tonight for a bit on GOT. had a pretty unorthodox game of house stark in the first 20 mins. got a billion points without even playing a house battle. other than that, I didn't do much but drain out before showing the SJP bug. uploading to my YT channel now.

Thanks for this. I enjoyed watching and picked up a few pointers!

Can any of you recommend a strategy guide for GOT? Other than reading through 87 pages of this post?

#4369 6 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Thanks for this. I enjoyed watching and picked up a few pointers!
Can any of you recommend a strategy guide for GOT? Other than reading through 87 pages of this post?

Once I get the rest of my streaming gear I want to buy, I plan to do a multiday walkthrough of the game that attacks the game piece by piece. Then the final day will be all showcasing all the different ways I have learned to attack the game. I hope to have it finished by the end of the summer.

While all of this will be streamed live, I will upload all of it to YouTube as well for future reference.

#4370 6 years ago

Xdetroit PAPA has a very good tutorial video on Game of Thrones. Well worth watching.

chuckwurt Looking forward to seeing those videos!

#4371 6 years ago

Two days in a row I've lost my ball 3 on the finishing light lock standups shot of Tyrell to light Iron Throne as it drains. Pretty funny actually. I get to see The Iron Throne insert flash once or twice as I watch my last ball go side to side and back to its home in the trough.

#4372 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Two days in a row I've lost my ball 3 on the finishing light lock standups shot of Tyrell to light Iron Throne as it drains. Pretty funny actually. I get to see The Iron Throne insert flash once or twice as I watch my last ball go side to side and back to its home in the trough.

Brutal. Only thing worse would be lighting IT, getting control, and bricking two to three times before draining.

#4373 6 years ago

It's ok... I got revenge... with Lannister of all houses!? this also involved a 4.5B HOTK. Tyrell, Lannister, Stark Greyjoy are the four I started hotk with. No winter wall stack. Probably my second best game of pinball ever. Very satisfying! I missed some shots but the pingods were looking out for me.

IMG_2133 (resized).JPGIMG_2133 (resized).JPG

IMG_2134 (resized).JPGIMG_2134 (resized).JPG

IMG_2136 (resized).JPGIMG_2136 (resized).JPG

#4374 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

It's ok... I got revenge... with Lannister of all houses!? this also involved a 4.5B HOTK. Tyrell, Lannister, Stark Greyjoy are the four I started hotk with. No winter wall stack. Probably my second best game of pinball ever. Very satisfying! I missed some shots but the pingods were looking out for me.

Very nice! This game has unprecedented synergy in rules, scoring, flow, and speed. How are you liking the pro?

#4375 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Unbelievable score, congrats!

#4376 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Very nice! This game has unprecedented synergy in rules, scoring, flow, and speed. How are you liking the pro?

Loving the pro- not as much as I loved the LE though. I miss all the extra stuff. I miss the upper pf for extending and completing battles (and cheating by getting free Stark hits) and I miss having the somewhat safer shop/extra-ball shot with the satisfaction of Throne VUK.

Strangely enough my scores outside of that monster game have been strikingly similar between pro and LE- kudos to Dwight on that.

And as far as the cabinets... eek I miss the dragon fire art. There is no comparison there!

#4377 6 years ago

Ok so I'm in. 19 hr round trip last weekend but worth it. Running original code and this thing is like NIB.
I will need to learn the rules as it sounds very deep from what i have read. Added some gold accents and might get the big topper also.
Sub is hooked up and shaker installed yesterday. Awesome game.

2017-04-25 16.13.56 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.13.56 (resized).jpg

2017-04-25 16.14.15 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.14.15 (resized).jpg

2017-04-25 16.21.39 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.21.39 (resized).jpg

2017-04-25 16.21.45 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.21.45 (resized).jpg

2017-04-25 16.34.32 (resized).jpg2017-04-25 16.34.32 (resized).jpg

#4378 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Ok so I'm in. 19 hr round trip last weekend but worth it. Running original code and this thing is like NIB.
I will need to learn the rules as it sounds very deep from what i have read. Added some gold accents and might get the big topper also.

Congratulations. The LE is a little bit of awesomeness, right there. Enjoy, and be sure to post your scores that kick the shit out of my scores, just like everybody else does.

#4379 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Nice group of games. All winners.

#4380 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

beatmaster got your pop caps installed. Awesome!!

beatmaster are you still making the bumper caps. Really want a set they are awesome.

@randomkg who did your speakerlight kit. Need that and under cab to match IMVE. HOOKED?

#4381 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Congratulations. The LE is a little bit of awesomeness, right there. Enjoy, and be sure to post your scores that kick the shit out of my scores, just like everybody else does.

Well seeing as you asked Boob. Got this tonight. Going on what I've seen here not that great but I was pretty chuffed.

IMG_3419 (resized).JPGIMG_3419 (resized).JPG

Oh and the Topper is on. Love it.

File 5-5-17, 9 36 33 am (resized).jpegFile 5-5-17, 9 36 33 am (resized).jpeg

#4382 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Nice group of games. All winners.

Thanks Dave. Appreciate it. Had to move on STLE to get the GoT (lol)
Still hurting over that a little. Really liked it and still think one of Sterns best LE'S.

#4383 6 years ago

We haven't had a score challenge in a long time. So I'm putting this one out there. I call it the PAPA TICKET GOT CHALLENGE. Play ONE game(no starting over!) choosing each of the six houses at the beginning of the game. Add all 6 scores together for your total. You can take pics if you want but at least list out the individual scores. Since we are starting late in the weekend let's have this run until 9PM Eastern on Mothers Day(next Sunday). If you want to put in multiple tickets, that's fine. And..... go!

#4384 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

We haven't had a score challenge in a long time. So I'm putting this one out there. I call it the PAPA TICKET GOT CHALLENGE. Play ONE game(no starting over!) choosing each of the six houses at the beginning of the game. Add all 6 scores together for your total. You can take pics if you want but at least list out the individual scores. Since we are starting late in the weekend let's have this run until 9PM Eastern on Mothers Day(next Sunday). If you want to put in multiple tickets, that's fine. And..... go!

I'm in. However my game is currently set up really hard. No big deal. Will make my victory all the sweeter!!

#4385 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well seeing as you asked Boob. Got this tonight. Going on what I've seen here not that great but I was pretty chuffed.

F you.

#4386 6 years ago

Yeah, I forgot to say factory settings. But, if you want to make it harder on yourself....

Oh, and I get a handicap for having the premium.LOL!

#4387 6 years ago

OK, my first round is done. Surprising results. I had my worst games on the better houses! LOL

Stark 637,350,510
Baratheon 2,249,740,530
Lannister 507,088,670
Greyjoy 2,989784,800
Tyrell 391,224,850
Martell 493,635,560

Total 7,268,824,920

#4388 6 years ago

Oh God. I tried this again and it was ugly. I don't even want you guys to see the scores, but the total was 3,568,954,070.

#4389 6 years ago

Nothing like making it to Iron Throne on the first game and then shitting the bed for the next 5 games. I guess thats why I love this game!

Stark: 3,738,517,700
Baratheon: 642,016,210
Lannister: 140,084,910
Greyjoy: 876,901,760
Tyrell: 167,424,210
Martell: 222,796,700

Total: 5,787,741,490

#4390 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sounds fun! I'll give it a go in the next day or two.

#4391 6 years ago

Requirements for this challenge, extra balls turned off, right?

#4392 6 years ago

2 months until season 7.
2 seasons of the show left.
4 possible spin-off shows in the works.
1 or 2 more code updates to polish the game up

How long will it be before the word gets out about how great this pin currently is? When I look at the top 100, I feel that this game should move up a couple spots.

#4393 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

2 months until season 7.
2 seasons of the show left.
4 possible spin-off shows in the works.
1 or 2 more code updates to polish the game up
How long will it be before the word gets out about how great this pin currently is? When I look at the top 100, I feel that this game should move up a couple spots.

I hope they don't do any spin offs. Finish the story the way George Martin intended and leave it at that (and let's hope no cast members die in real life before the series ends!).

I think wishing for code updates will be in vain. Dwight has his hands full with Star Wars (supposedly) as well as GB updates (which outsold GOT by all accounts). Money talks.

But you're spot on about how great the pin is. I had a couple of people tell me over the weekend how great that game is, and that was while we were looking at the row of newer Sterns at Allentown. (And strangely, they did it in a tone of voice that was as if they didn't want anyone to know they felt that way.) It's completely underrated and underappreciated. But all the evidence you need that it's a great game is that the top players (who compete at PAPA, etc.) think the game is awesome.

#4394 6 years ago

I think tonight will be a Game of Thrones LE night.

#4395 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Requirements for this challenge, extra balls turned off, right?

Mine is set to factory so EB's are in play. I think it adds a strategic element of trying to complete that 3rd house at all costs!

#4396 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine is set to factory so EB's are in play. I think it adds a strategic element of trying to complete that 3rd house at all costs!

Yes factory = EB's turned on & and thus going for easy houses first...

I'm gonna play 1-2 warmups tonight (been playing a lot of alpha unfinished batman66) and give this a go. Great idea Chris.

#4397 6 years ago

Dam my factory eb is up to 5 house completions

#4398 6 years ago

Where are the settings for EB's?

#4399 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dam my factory eb is up to 5 house completions

Crap, time to do a factory install/reset.

#4400 6 years ago

Heres my scores in order of games played. I didnt have any warmup games can tell as my scores got better. I didnt hit IT at all or have any really really great games but the added challenge of knowing im listing scores added to the tension/fun.

Stark- 509,720,020
Barathon- 855,281,620
Tyrell- 936,624,810
Martel- 2,878,709,590
Lannister- 1,371,482,720
Greyjoy- 1,540,896,280

Total- 8,092,715,040

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/88?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.