Topic Stats

• 6,310 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 767 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg
15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg
18794F64-73BA-4BCA-AB12-21F1BE6BD6BD (resized).jpeg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg

There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 127.
#4301 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hey skb and co, what are your best non Winter-wall stack scores. I had probably the game of my life a few games after I put my new decal on. I always play better when I know the game is closer to 'complete.'
7.4B, completed Iron Throne. No winter-wall.
Game is still for sale, still not desperate, getting less desperate every two weeks

Nice! I have a hard time not playing as GJ and going for the super duper uber stack anymore

But a challenge is a challenge, game on! I have another challenge I'm stacking on top of this and that's bringing targaryan into HOTK which I just so happened to do in this game I'm currently playing. Unfortunately I choked HOTK. But here's where im at right now, ball 3 - halfway through IT.

IMG_0101 (resized).JPG

Love this pin! So many options to choose from on such a simple fast layout.

#4302 2 years ago

Ah bummer 5.5 bil

IMG_0103 (resized).JPG

#4303 2 years ago

How do you bring a mode into HOTK?

#4304 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

How do you bring a mode into HOTK?

You dont. You bring 4 houses into HOTK with Each house giving you some sort of bonus while playing HOTK.

So when i say let's bring Targaryan into HOTK, that means completing all 3 tiers of it before starting HOTK.

#4305 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You dont. You bring 4 houses into HOTK with Each house giving you some sort of bonus while playing HOTK.
So when i say let's bring Targaryan into HOTK, that means completing all 3 tiers of it before starting HOTK.

Ah, gotcha, thought I was missing out on something. That is quite the challenge to complete Targaryan early.

#4306 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Ah, gotcha, thought I was missing out on something. That is quite the challenge to complete Targaryan early.

I've done it a couple times but I can't seem to get the super stack. I always seem to eff it up.

#4307 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The easiest/fastest path to getting some big hurry up collects is bringing in houses Targaryan, Tyrel, Grejoy & Lanister While playing as house Martel. My best HOTK score is around 8bil with those houses.

#4308 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The easiest/fastest path to getting some big hurry up collects is bringing in houses Targaryan, Tyrel, Grejoy & Lanister While playing as house Martel. My best HOTK score is around 8bil with those houses.

While I agree this is a great setup for HOTK, the average player might be able to bring those houses into HOTK once every hundred games let alone capitalize on it.

#4309 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

While I agree this is a great setup for HOTK, the average player might be able to bring those houses into HOTK once every hundred games let alone capitalize on it.

The only house that is hard is Targaryan level 3 "Drogon". If you stack this with Wall Multiball it's much easier to get through especially with the add a ball. The 1st 2 Targaryan modes are pretty simple.

#4310 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The only house that is hard is Targaryan level 3 "Drogon". If you stack this with Wall Multiball it's much easier to get through especially with the add a ball. The 1st 2 Targaryan modes are pretty simple.

I typically play this style as Tyrell. While playing as Martel is better for the add a ball; Tyrell is less risk, easier to set up, and gets the combo multiplier. Doing it as martel, I always have a tough time lighting Tyrell and targaryan because of the drain risk. Still fun to try and rewarding if you can pull it off.

#4311 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I typically play this style as Tyrell. While playing as Martel is better for the add a ball; Tyrell is less risk, easier to set up, and gets the combo multiplier. Doing it as martel, I always have a tough time lighting Tyrell and targaryan because of the drain risk. Still fun to try and rewarding if you can pull it off.

It's definitely riskier but if you light LOL you can usually get a few hits in on the stand ups. The rest will usually work their way out during regular play.

#4312 2 years ago

Just got to Iron Throne 3 out of my last 7 games. 7.4B martell, 4.2B Stark , and a 6.2B martell where I beat IT and got to a second hotk.

I'm not bragging- just expressing concern that many think this game is difficult! Yes this game is a weird mix of being pretty achievable and yet very punishing if all you do is flail at a moving ball. Just take your time and slow the ball down...

#4313 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Just got to Iron Throne 3 out of my last 7 games. 7.4B martell, 4.2B Stark , and a 6.2B martell where I beat IT and got to a second hotk.
I'm not bragging-

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The very definition of irony.

#4314 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The very definition of irony.

You should read-

entire posts.

#4315 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You should read-
entire posts.

Hey Boob, now he's bragging he reads entire posts! Sheesh.

#4316 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm not bragging- just expressing concern that many think this game is difficult! Yes this game is a weird mix of being pretty achievable and yet very punishing if all you do is flail at a moving ball. Just take your time and slow the ball down...

Only 6.2B after not 1, but 2 HOTK?!? Hehe nice game. I don't think I've ever gotten to a second HOTK.

#4317 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You should read-
entire posts.

Why? Nobody ever reads mine. All I ever get is TL;DR.

#4318 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

And this here is the problem with the current code. You made it to 3 Iron Thrones and one game where you made it back to HOTK & yet those scores are only 1/4 of what you can do exploiting the Wall/WHC Greyjoy stack.

#4319 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

And this here is the problem with the current code. You made it to 3 Iron Thrones and one game where you made it back to HOTK & yet those scores are only 1/4 of what you can do exploiting the Wall/WHC Greyjoy stack.

I wonder if all that needs to be corrected in the wall/WHC stack is fix the ball saver timer to work properly so it's not infinite?

#4320 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wonder if all that needs to be corrected in the wall/WHC stack is fix the ball saver timer to work properly so it's not infinite?

I'm sure if they figured out the ball saver issue it could help it some but still way more points available in that mode then Iron Throne.

#4321 2 years ago

I'm close to pulling the trigger on buying GoT pro. This will be my first NIB game. Any recommendations on additional accessories to buy for it? Cliffy? I remember when these first came out there was an issue with the ball not making it all around the orbit. Is that still an issue? Thoughts on how hard it will be to resell in a couple of years if I get bored with it. Thanks. Any other suggestions?

#4322 2 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I'm close to pulling the trigger on buying GoT pro. This will be my first NIB game. Any recommendations on additional accessories to buy for it? Cliffy? I remember when these first came out there was an issue with the ball not making it all around the orbit. Is that still an issue? Thoughts on how hard it will be to resell in a couple of years if I get bored with it. Thanks. Any other suggestions?

Orbit issue is a premium/LE problem. No issues on Pro. GoT Pro was my 1st NIB as well, and it's a great one for that honor. Cliffs for the shooter lane and drain areas.

I picked up the little wooden sign mod, alternate translite off eBay, realistic sword ball lock mod, and the stickers for ball lock plate and spinner.

Recently since this game is a total keeper, splurged picked up the art blades, topper, and side armor. It's just such a fast, badass game.

#4323 2 years ago

And the Winter is coming decal and speaker dragon inserts and gold speaker grills lol couldn't help myself. It's a Stern Pro, you won't lost your shirt down the road if you find you don't like it. I think it's slowly picking up steam as people realize the dynamic scoring and play it offers.

If Dwight can give it one more pass of polish it'll be masterpiece.

#4324 2 years ago

Definitely get an alt translite. Shaker is awesome too. Recommend an external sub too. Thats all you need for starters. You can mod and upgrade other stuff over time as you see fit.

#4325 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Definitely get an alt translite. Shaker is awesome too. Recommend an external sub too. Thats all you need for starters. You can mod and upgrade other stuff over time as you see fit.

Yes shaker definitely!! Forgot that :p

#4326 2 years ago

Yes get a shaker because this game utilizes it very well. GOT is a great pinball machine for sure. I believe a Walking Dead Pro is better personally but both are great, that's why I have both. The new Aerosmith is really looking good as well. It just depends on what you are looking for truthfully. If you are a GOT junkie then I'd get the GOT, if you like GOT and TWD shows equally, I'd probably go with TWD. Ghostbusters isn't no slouch either.

It's good to have so many great choices, just makes it very difficult to decide what you should buy. These are awesome times right now for pinheads, and believe it or not there are still many pinheads right here on this forum that thinks things are just awful right now. SMH

#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I don't think this is a problem at all outside of the ball dave bug. This scoring opportunity is waaaay easier said than done. It's like saying getting 3 HOTK hurry ups in one HOTK is easy.

#4328 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed. No cliffys on my game. Just Mylar. No wear whatsoever after install.

#4329 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think this is a problem at all outside of the ball dave bug. This scoring opportunity is waaaay easier said than done. It's like saying getting 3 HOTK hurry ups in one HOTK is easy.

I honestly don't know what to say. I've gotten the winter wall stack appropriately as indicated 4-5 times now and never gotten more than ~1B from it total. Seems like a solid reward for putting it altogether. I'd rather see the bugs removed and for me the biggest thing is to pause the pf multiplier when ball is in upper pf. Drives me nuts.

#4330 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I honestly don't know what to say. I've gotten the winter wall stack appropriately as indicated 4-5 times now and never gotten more than ~1B from it total. Seems like a solid reward for putting it altogether. I'd rather see the bugs removed and for me the biggest thing is to pause the pf multiplier when ball is in upper pf. Drives me nuts.

So the pf multiplier does not pause when up there or it does? I say there should be nothing that pauses it. Way too lucrative for it not to keep running imo.

#4331 2 years ago

It doesn't pause when you make a dragon shot and holds the ball for either mystery, wall mb, or extra ball. Irritating.

#4332 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So the pf multiplier does not pause when up there or it does? I say there should be nothing that pauses it. Way too lucrative for it not to keep running imo.

It does. It keeps running while you are in upper pf, period. I don't think it would be lucrative if a top left "castle" up there shot extended it. That's a fair addition imo. As it is right now, if you're on a Prem/Le and you want to extend and utilize your pf multiplier you better hurry up to let it drain down the wire form onto your regular left flipper.

#4333 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

It does. It keeps running while you are in upper pf, period. I don't think it would be lucrative if a top left "castle" up there shot extended it. That's a fair addition imo. As it is right now, if you're on a Prem/Le and you want to extend and utilize your pf multiplier you better hurry up to let it drain down the wire form onto your regular left flipper.

No i agree with that. Don't have it pause up there, but have an opportunity to extend the timer like you do when you are in the lower playfield.

#4334 2 years ago

GOT ordered! Scheduled to arrive on Thursday!

#4335 2 years ago

making available my custom instruction cards, seizure warning replacement, blackwater decal, and coin reject inserts. enjoy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-instruction-cards-and-more-for-game-of-thrones-all-versions#post-3693836

#4336 2 years ago

GOT has arrived and is set up. My first game, I put up 559 million which is a very good score for me. The game is so pristine that I'm cringing every time that I hit the ball.

#4337 2 years ago

GOT has arrived and is set up. My first game, I put up 559 million which is a very good score for me. The game is so pristine that I'm cringing every time that I hit the ball.

Congrats. Dimples are normal, keep it clean, lube the ram, add shaker and sub, have fun!!!

#4338 2 years ago

Dang that's a good first score! You are going to love the game and if you go back through this thread you will get a lot of great tips from Chuckwurt and Eskabee, and others as well. I need to do exactly the same thing but I'm too lazy to do it and I'd forget or not understand a lot of what they were saying anyway.

A lot of great info in this thread though if you want it. Congrats on your new game!!

#4339 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dimples are normal, keep it clean, lube the ram

Words to live by in life and pinball

#4340 2 years ago

Good call. Looks like I need to lube the ram. Only about 20% of ram hits are registering. What type of lube is recommended?(I can't believe I just typed that)

#4341 2 years ago

Good call. Looks like I need to lube the ram. Only about 20% of ram hits are registering. What type of lube is recommended?(I can't believe I just typed that)

Zoom spout oil

#4342 2 years ago

A little bit of strategy that's worth repeating. Factory settings has an extra ball for completing third house. On a Prem/LE, let Greyjoy be your third completed house and let your final shot on greyjoy be the right orbit. As you hit the right orbit, it doubles as earning your extra ball.

1 week later
#4343 2 years ago

Ok here's the best I could do with no winter stack.

IMG_3463 (resized).JPG

I've been having a little fun playing as stark and seeing how good I can do with stark, Tyrell, GJ, and Lannister in HOTK. Best score so far is only 4.8 bil, but it's a quick route to HOTK, and the stark bonus round is fun to play.

#4344 2 years ago

Going into HOTK with 5x already rolling rocks! Hit the first hurry up jp for 1bil+, the. Proceeded to hammer away at 300mil (I think that's what the value was at) with stark bonus shots. Too bad I always choke cause I'm watching the dmd to see big scores and don't get more. But ended this stark game with 9.8 bil.

Love different strategies in GOT; but man, we're long overdo for a code update. One of the reasons I'm not getting Star Wars. Dwights out of the gate code is great, but GB &I GOT proves stern still doesn't give programmers adequate time to finish them even a year later

#4345 2 years ago

Got my game back last night! I'm in the process of setting all my games up for a tournament I'm hosting in June. For GOT I dropped the tilt warnings to 1, and set the lock targets at hard. Man does this make the game more challenging. I think I found a good setup to keep the game times down.

#4346 2 years ago

Whelp. I'm back. After a battle with listing crazy nice TWDLE and TRONLE on top of my GOTLE- the Tron and got sold and I also impulsively sold my Iron Man. So I sold a GOTLE, TRONLE, refinery IMVE in last couple weeks. Then I decided to keep TWDLE and was more than comfy with $. What's a guy to do? Look for another GOT! Found a nice pro locally from a friend for a fair price. Picking up this weekend. I will miss the upper pf and gorgeous dragon art from my former LE but at least I get back to defeating houses

Love this game... can't imagine if I also cared one lick about the theme!

#4347 2 years ago

Welcome back!

#4348 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Love different strategies in GOT; but man, we're long overdo for a code update. One of the reasons I'm not getting Star Wars. Dwights out of the gate code is great, but GB &I GOT proves stern still doesn't give programmers adequate time to finish them even a year later

Have to agree. It's been said many times, but I don't plan on any more Stern's, I'm afraid until they finish these games, and not rushing to the next game saying it's good enough. I'm curious what the sale numbers would look like if they took out one pin a year to be given time to make these games epic versus doing it how they are. I know we're in the minority but it sure is disheartening.

#4349 2 years ago

So there must be a switch on my right ramp that needs adjustment because every shot to that ramp has a delay. Stark mode, shots to the right ramp usually releases ball quickly, now it waits till the ball registers at that last switch before releasing it. I think there is an opto and three micro switches close to the sword lock, which one is bad or needs adjustment?

#4350 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

So there must be a switch on my right ramp that needs adjustment because every shot to that ramp has a delay. Stark mode, shots to the right ramp usually releases ball quickly, now it waits till the ball registers at that last switch before releasing it. I think there is an opto and three micro switches close to the sword lock, which one is bad or needs adjustment?

I think you're talking about the left ramp or center ramp. I'd put the game in switch test mode and run the ball up there. Should register two optos then three micro switches if the sword lock is empty.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 25.00
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Beecher, IL
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Bend, IN
There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside