371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 144.
#4251 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So after sleeping on it. I hope this super stack isn't too greatly nerfed if/when a code update happens. The setup is difficult, but the payoff is not only rewarding but fun as heck. Maybe limit the ball saver to something like 20 or 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes?
And It makes me wonder if picking house Baratheon should get an extended ball saver in wall multiball and house stark should get an extended ball saver in WHC.
Also, I dont think greyjoy should steal ALL of a houses benefits; but partial. Like Baratheon - only get a 50% increase to wall mb. And stark, only 50% increase. Tyrell - takes two roll overs to increase the multiplier once. Martell - only 1 add a ball per game instead of per ball. Lannister - 50% gold increase.
This makes playing the dedicated houses more interesting and appealing. instead of just going for super stacks with greyjoy all the time.
I also think starks WIC values need a huge boost in points. House tyrell alone can nearly match starks WIC value with one in lane rollover.
House Lannister in the show uses money for power, but there isn't much power to be attained in the gold store. It would be cool to give them a once a ball action to activate 2x multiplier and/or refresh the multiplier with the action button.

Agree with all, not quite the skill level of you so a little harder to relate but you're right on everything far as I'm concerned. I like the partial stealing. The more I think about it the more I think there's actually a lot more that could be done with the code. I'd personally prefer a guaranteed add-a-ball instead of pops random award.

I tried the wall whc stack at lunch and didn't get my order of events correct but I did have a 3B game and miss iron throne by literally the finishing shot on Drogon.

#4252 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

like the partial stealing. The more I think about it the more I think there's actually a lot more that could be done with the code. I'd personally prefer a guaranteed add-a-ball instead of pops random award.

I think doing these things would nerf Greyjoy and Martell powers too much. Why would you pick Martell if you got a guaranteed add a ball?

#4253 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think doing these things would nerf Greyjoy and Martell powers too much. Why would you pick Martell if you got a guaranteed add a ball?

You'd still have to earn it. By guarantee I mean: hit this to earn it, maybe clear all 3 drops and both tyrell stand ups, something like that- for example

#4254 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You'd still have to earn it. By guarantee I mean: hit this to earn it, maybe clear all 3 drops and both tyrell stand ups, something like that- for example

I agree. Getting pops random add a ball is...well...too random.

Do the inserts in front of the drops do anything at all in this game? They used to on old code when you could continue to light LOL. But after a year of owning the game, I still don't know what they are used for. They kind of show you your progress towards qualifying Baratheon but if you start a mode, then they lose track and makes no sense anymore.

Point being; maybe hitting 3 sets of drops (3 inserts) could light the add a ball during multiball, then hit dragon to collect. This would still make martell worth playing cause you'd get 2 add a balls.

#4255 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Right. And if this were a rule, I would never choose Martell again. Haha

#4256 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This would still make martell worth playing cause you'd get 2 add a balls.

Agreed if this were to be true. Assuming only one add a ball, a change like this would be bad imo.

#4257 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Nope....You need to play it as Greyjoy & bring in the following houses:
Baratheon
Tyrell
Martel
Stark

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You don't bring houses into it unless you're just talking about playing as Greyjoy and having the Tyrell Martell stark and Baratheon powers going into it

Hmmmm pretty sure I said that already...lol

#4258 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Hmmmm pretty sure I said that already...lol

Sorry missed it and just wanted to clarify.

#4259 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed if this were to be true. Assuming only one add a ball, a change like this would be bad imo.

You can get 2 add a balls now as martell. So shouldn't change that Rule.

#4260 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You can get 2 add a balls now as martell. So shouldn't change that Rule.

Yeah I guess you're right. Good point.

#4261 7 years ago

Hmm. I got this yesterday with the full four house ability stack. Still didn't blow it up. (Accidentally got Iron Throne again... got to be the easiest modern wizard mode to start, now I just need to beat it. This stack target has lead me to two IT's in two days.)

Anyways- What do I focus on once I've started the whc-wall? L orbit for pops? Battering ram for multiplier? Spray the fan to enable supers?

#4262 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hmm. I got this yesterday with the full four house ability stack. Still didn't blow it up

That's why this game is amazing. The stuff isn't that hard to set up, just crazy hard to execute.

#4263 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Accidentally got Iron Throne again... got to be the easiest modern wizard mode to start

hahah, i wish i could just 'accidentally' start iron throne. seems to me i'm always left with the 2nd and 3rd dragons as i always select that house last. easier to start hand of the king that way. i've maybe gotten to iron throne 4 times.

congrats

#4264 7 years ago

I love the discussion in this thread about getting to Iron Throne. I think my wiener shrinks an inch every time I hear it. And I've heard it twice, so now my wiener is gone and I'll be forced to use transgender bathrooms.

But I've also noticed that the people talking about it seem to all own pros. Is there anybody here who has gotten Iron Throne that has a premium or LE? Because I've only gotten HOTK twice since I got the damn thing in 2015. I didn't think I sucked THAT bad...

#4265 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love the discussion in this thread about getting to Iron Throne. I think my wiener shrinks an inch every time I hear it. And I've heard it twice, so now my wiener is gone and I'll be forced to use transgender bathrooms.
But I've also noticed that the people talking about it seem to all own pros. Is there anybody here who has gotten Iron Throne that has a premium or LE? Because I've only gotten HOTK twice since I got the damn thing in 2015. I didn't think I sucked THAT bad...

Mine is LE. I think it's easier because you can kick Drogon's butt in upper PF

#4266 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Mine is LE. I think it's easier because you can kick Drogon's butt in upper PF

WRONG ANSWER!!!

#4267 7 years ago

Do some games where all you do is practicing catching and slowing the ball down. It's Extremely important on GOT and extremely doable. Nudge forward when the ball wants to roll off top of a flipper.

You should be able to easily
Backhand R ramp and L orbit. L ramp should be a gimme with either flipper from a stop. Then all it boils down to is locking in the dragon kickback, good bounces when you hit Baratheon/Tyrell- and lastly locking in the R orbit. If you want IT, don't bother with the extremely dangerous battering ram.

Use the upper pf during house battles as much as possible.

And to be clear my IT games have extra balls turned on. I did get there once without them. More wrong answer...I've only had the game about a month.

#4268 7 years ago

And btw, the way you guys feel about me, that's how I feel about SKB and Smassa. I'm in disbelief as to how those scores are even possible- especially after trying the whc/wall stack a few times and getting a max of like 800-900m from it. ?

#4269 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Lol Beezle you got me rolling on that comment!

Quoted from ATLpb:

And btw, the way you guys feel about me, that's how I feel about SKB and Smassa. I'm in disbelief as to how those scores are even possible- especially after trying the whc/wall stack a few times and getting a max of like 800-900m from it. ?

To be fair, I have a hard time setting up big score cash ins on all the LEs I've played. But those LEs have not so dialed in battering rams.

I really hope a code update allows the upper play field to progress and/or refresh the pf multiplier. That would be huge.

As for the stack discussion. As soon as I start it, my main focus is battering ram and getting it to 3x-5x. Use the stack as a flail fest as you always want a ball draining to exploit the ball saver (bug?). Then, pretty much focus on the wall multiball objectives; 3x center ramps, dragon kick back, 3x left orbit shots, dragon kick back - rinse and repeat while using your tyrell combo inland. I don't focus on WHC objectives at all, those shots usually make themselves with all the pandemonium and flailing.

#4270 7 years ago

I own a premium and I've been to Iron Throne twice. The upper play field definitely helps because if you collect the Targaryen castle, upper PF shots progress you in the Targaryen 3 (Drogon) battle. Not for the first two dragon battles though. Only the last one.

#4271 7 years ago

And for reference purposes, I'm an average player at best.

I'd say that SKB would make me his bitch, but SKB cheats. It is known.

#4272 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

but SKB cheats. It is known.

Can't argue with this comment
One day I'll make it out to BFE Canada and show you my cheating secrets

#4273 7 years ago

Keep your high scoring taint off my machines!

#4274 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hear ya, don't feel bad. I don't have much trouble getting to HOK really but I doubt that I'll ever see the iron throne. If I ever do though, mine is going to grow about 12 inches!

#4275 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Use the stack as a flail fest as you always want a ball draining to exploit the ball saver (bug?).

Is this 'bug' something that only happens during this combo stack that you're discussing? Or can it be used in just a normal multiball?

#4276 7 years ago

If anybody needs to add the actual show to their iTunes collection, I have seasons 2-5 available. Thinking $10 per season as they are about $40 in iTunes. PM me if interested.

#4277 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

If anybody needs to add the actual show to their iTunes collection, I have seasons 2-5 available. Thinking $10 per season as they are about $40 in iTunes. PM me if interested.

I killed the thread. Sorry!

#4278 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Quoted from jayhawkai:

I killed the thread. Sorry!

Yep. It's just you and me. And truth be told, I said to myself that once guys in Missouri start posting ads for pirated downloads of GOT, the whole thread has pretty much gone to hell. So I was going to drain it, but figured I'd hang around in case any anti-GOT trolls starting firing things up again.

I'm so lonely.

#4279 7 years ago

GOT sucks. Can't believe anyone would like this game. Worst stern ever.

#4280 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

GOT sucks. Can't believe anyone would like this game. Worst stern ever.

That's only because you suck at it.

#4281 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That's only because you suck at it.

Yeah right I've rolled this stupid game 100 times.

#4282 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah right I've rolled this stupid game 100 times.

...on your crappy hand truck.

#4283 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...on your crappy hand truck.

What the hell man? You don't know my hand truck. It moves a STTNG like its a firepower.

#4284 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What the hell man? You don't know my hand truck. It moves a STTNG like its a firepower.

Dude...you're losing it. That IS a Firepower.

#4285 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. It's just you and me. And truth be told, I said to myself that once guys in Missouri start posting ads for pirated downloads of GOT, the whole thread has pretty much gone to hell. So I was going to drain it, but figured I'd hang around in case any anti-GOT trolls starting firing things up again.
I'm so lonely.

Um, these aren't pirated. When you buy a blu-ray these days, it frequently includes a slip with a "digital copy" code which you redeem on iTunes or Vudu. That's what this is. 100% legit. Once you redeem, you can stream it on your Apple TV, iPad, etc. Pic attached so you can see what I mean.

Game_Of_Thrones_Season_4_Blu-ray_ (resized).jpgGame_Of_Thrones_Season_4_Blu-ray_ (resized).jpg

#4286 7 years ago

I've been rewatching all the seasons again. I just made it to season 5. Whether you've seen the show yet or not, season 4 - ep 7-9 is a must watch over again. Trial by combat, battle for the wall. Good stuff.

#4287 7 years ago

When you like Season 4 Battle for the Wall you will love Season 6 Episode 9 The Battle of bastards.
On DVD they explain (to find under extras) how they made the scenes and what enormous effort it was to make it like this.

#4288 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Um, these aren't pirated. When you buy a blu-ray these days, it frequently includes a slip with a "digital copy" code which you redeem on iTunes or Vudu. That's what this is. 100% legit. Once you redeem, you can stream it on your Apple TV, iPad, etc. Pic attached so you can see what I mean.

I was kidding! I have all the blu-rays so I know all about it. Just busting your balls...

#4289 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've been rewatching all the seasons again. I just made it to season 5. Whether you've seen the show yet or not, season 4 - ep 7-9 is a must watch over again. Trial by combat, battle for the wall. Good stuff.

I just finished all 6 again. It really is a great show.

#4290 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've been rewatching all the seasons again. I just made it to season 5.

The wife and I rewatch the series before each season starts on tv. We're at 5-2 right now, I can't wait to watch season 6 again. We have until July before season 7 begins.

#4291 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was kidding! I have all the blu-rays so I know all about it. Just busting your balls...

Ah, Ok, I should have known!

#4292 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for calling that out. I don't like the show but will watch these just because it'd be kinda nice to know WTH they are talking about.

Sorry if I missed being so late to the party, but can a super fan maybe expand on your statement and post an episode list that contains the distinct examples of in game themes/modes?

#4293 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks for calling that out. I don't like the show but will watch these just because it'd be kinda nice to know WTH they are talking about.
Sorry if I missed being so late to the party, but can a super fan maybe expand on your statement and post an episode list that contains the distinct examples of in game themes/modes?

I say just watch the whole show. You'll like the show less if you just cherry pick those episodes.

#4294 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say just watch the whole show. You'll like the show less if you just cherry pick those episodes.

No no. I've tried multiple times. It's simply not for me.

#4295 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

No no. I've tried multiple times. It's simply not for me.

Then I'd say it's pointless to find and watch those episodes. Haha

#4296 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then I'd say it's pointless to find and watch those episodes. Haha

Disagree- it'd still be nice to have *some* reference while playing the game essentially daily.

#4297 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Disagree- it'd still be nice to have *some* reference while playing the game essentially daily.

Fair enough. I would google black water battle episode, Martell and the mountain trial by combat episode, saving marsella episode, battle for the wall episode. Everything else you would have to watch multiple episodes to get the mode (stark, Tyrell, Greyjoy, targaryean, WIC/WHC)

#4298 7 years ago

The show writers planned Game of Thrones as a 70 hour movie divided up for television. So it's kinda important to start from the beginning.

1 week later
#4299 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gotle

Listing mine if anyone is interested in a HUO tastefully modded GOTLE. Not desperate.

Yes it still kicks ass and I'll probably have it again in the future.

1 week later
#4300 7 years ago

Hey skb and co, what are your best non Winter-wall stack scores. I had probably the game of my life a few games after I put my new decal on. I always play better when I know the game is closer to 'complete.'

7.4B, completed Iron Throne. No winter-wall.

Game is still for sale, still not desperate, getting less desperate every two weeks

IMG_1522.JPGIMG_1522.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.