By Pdxmonkey

1 year ago

Stats

• 4,820 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Sethman
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 537 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

transliste (resized).jpg
IMG_2343 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
IMG_2319 (resized).JPG
IMG_2317 (resized).JPG
IMG_2274 (resized).JPG
20170914_094045 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170912_215027836 (resized).jpg
IMG_6875 (resized).JPG
IMG_6876 (resized).JPG
IMG_0532 (resized).JPG
IMG_0531 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
_3175471 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 4820 posts in topic. You are on page 84 of 97.
#4151 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is probably a dumb question but I'm gonna ask anyway. When playing house Baratheon and you hit one of the drop targets, are all three targets supposed to reset every time they are hit? This is the only mode that my machine does this in so I am assuming that it is suppose to be that way. I know you're supposed to hit so many yellow lit inserts and then you end the mode by hitting the drop targets right? Or......do you have to hit the drop targets after each time you make a shot when the yellow insert is lit? Anyway....my biggest question is are all the drop targets supposed to reset when hit while playing house Baratheon? I just wanna make sure my game is working correctly.
I would normally just ask Chuckwurt but he probably wouldn't appreciate a phone call at 4 am with me wanting an answer to such a silly question this time of the night.

Yes, it should do that.

How to play the mode:
- shoot spinner to build value.
- after a couple spinner shots the dragon shot will light
- either keep building the score (spinner) or shoot the dragon shot to qualify completion of the mode
- after hitting the dragon shot the drop will light
- shoot drops to collect value and finish mode

Since the drops complete the mode they will reset as you play to keep them available.

#4152 7 months ago

So will there be more updates or has STERN/Dwight moved on and this game is abandoned like many before? There is so much potential here and I think it already is a great game, but with a bit of polish it could be like Met or TWD.

#4153 7 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, it should do that.
How to play the mode:
- shoot spinner to build value.
- after a couple spinner shots the dragon shot will light
- either keep building the score (spinner) or shoot the dragon shot to qualify completion of the mode
- after hitting the dragon shot the drop will light
- shoot drops to collect value and finish mode
Since the drops complete the mode they will reset as you play to keep them available.

Thank you for the info!

#4154 7 months ago
Quoted from Asael:

So will there be more updates or has STERN/Dwight moved on and this game is abandoned like many before? There is so much potential here and I think it already is a great game, but with a bit of polish it could be like Met or TWD.

I seem to recall he has mentioned that there will be some more, but probably bug fixes/minor adjustments. I am totally happy with the game how it is now, I think the main realistic change would be to balance the houses better, which would add much to the game imo. As someone else brought up, giving Lannisters something worth playing as. Maybe even accumulating even more gold and being able to buy other houses power/house complete etc.

#4155 7 months ago
Quoted from Asael:

I expect one more update on both GOT (and TWD.) Not anytime soon- but I do expect them. Tons of possibilities to make Lannister and Stark more appealing.

#4156 7 months ago
Quoted from Asael:

I know Dwight wants to update it. At least to fix the super jackpot scoring bug I'm sure.

#4157 7 months ago

An update is long overdo for sure. But dwight does have a lot on hid plate and does have a family life. Hopefully stern or Steve Ritchie can get him some adequate time to update got to where it deserves to be.

#4158 7 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is it possible to start some kind of crowd funding for Dwight to finish this on his spare time? Kinda what Bowen is doing now... I'll put a dub on it!
Dwight if you're reading this, have your people call my people!

#Justsayin

#4159 7 months ago

Hooked sword and my own black water lock decal

IMG_0812.JPG

#4160 7 months ago

Hey I set up my new Pro today! How does one join this club? Are there yearly dues?

#4161 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

How does one join this club? Are there yearly dues?

Yes there are dues

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Hey I set up my new Pro today!

Dues paid

#4162 7 months ago

Hey, this ones for you chuckwurt. I was playing in the Alabama SCS(finished 4th ) and there was a GOT pro in the tourney. I was able to choose it several times throughout the day. But this one particular game I made some very poor decisions and wasted my add-a-ball and mistakenly played HOTK without an add-a-ball. But then I got Wall MB and milked it for 197M, all the while concentrating on drop targets. Then, still on same ball, made it to WHC MB and went strictly for drops. Came out of that and went through the instant info to find out my spinner value was at 2.1M/spin! I backhanded the spinner and with zero playfield multipliers I was getting 39-49M per shot. I proceeded to do this for what felt like 10 or 15 minutes! So I had a terrible BWMB, a terrible HOTK, but still came away with this score!

20170211_155032 (resized).jpg

#4163 7 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey, this ones for you chuckwurt. I was playing in the Alabama SCS(finished 4th ) and there was a GOT pro in the tourney. I was able to choose it several times throughout the day. But this one particular game I made some very poor decisions and wasted my add-a-ball and mistakenly played HOTK without an add-a-ball. But then I got Wall MB and milked it for 197M, all the while concentrating on drop targets. Then, still on same ball, made it to WHC MB and went strictly for drops. Came out of that and went through the instant info to find out my spinner value was at 2.1M/spin! I backhanded the spinner and with zero playfield multipliers I was getting 39-49M per shot. I proceeded to do this for what felt like 10 or 15 minutes! So I had a terrible BWMB, a terrible HOTK, but still came away with this score!

Nice!! Isn't there enough KMEs out there already though? Haha. I had to play a effing LE at the KY tournament. Thing was pretty tough and you could barely make right ramps. They also had the ram shoved forward so that it was more sensitive. It was harder to hit cause it was past the spot targets and they blocked it.

#4164 7 months ago

So to get the spinner value up that high you just concentrate on hitting the LoL drop targets?

#4165 7 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

So to get the spinner value up that high you just concentrate on hitting the LoL drop targets?

Yep.

#4166 7 months ago

On a single ball or does it carry through?

#4167 7 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

On a single ball or does it carry through?

As long as you're not in targaryean or Baratheon mode you can increase the spinner value.

#4168 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As long as you're not in targaryean or Baratheon mode you can increase the spinner value.

Not home this week to test on my game. You can increase spinner value during MB's ?

#4169 7 months ago
Quoted from RandomKG:

Not home this week to test on my game. You can increase spinner value during MB's ?

Yep

#4170 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

On a single ball or does it reset when you drain and have to start over on next ball?

#4171 7 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

On a single ball or does it reset when you drain and have to start over on next ball?

Has to be done on a single ball. If you search this thread someone actually posted a chart that shows the spinner level vs. how many drops have been hit. They even proved that the value increases at different rates depending on which ball you are on.

Found it, post #40

#4172 7 months ago

Post 3595 on page 72. That's the challenge with these threads is content starts getting lost as it gets to big for people to go through them. Same thing happening on the Metallica thread.

Now that wall MB and WHC MB's scores aren't all that great unless you blow them up I now focus fully on drops during those, especially if in the same ball. This strategy can net you a ton of points on a good ball. It's kind of an all or nothing thing though.

#4173 7 months ago

This is neat as it gives me something new to try during initial ball save on MB's. Very cool.
I did have one of those 2M+ spinner games a few mos ago as a fluke and ended up around 3B for the game. Once my friend pointed out the spinner value I started backhanding it into oblivion... which also gives you great pop bumper awards and bonuses. Not the most exciting strategy but potentially very effective

#4174 7 months ago

My tutorial for GOT Pro. Am I spot on? Prob not. But it improved my game immensely.

» YouTube video

#4175 7 months ago

GoT Pro:

any tips on how to remove the plastic above the dragon kicker switch? The switch is no longer registering and it looks like the 4-5 screws have bolts underneath so there is no easy way. Can someone provide some high level steps to get access to the kicker switch to see what's going on?

#4176 7 months ago

Funny story. GOT certainly kicks ass. Been awhile since I've put up a score like this. But I found yet another bug in this game; I switched some of the music out for music from the show, including the high score initials, and when I put up a score like this after a couple beers, I just had to crank the music. However, as soon as you touch the volume during the high score play, it locks in wherever you are on the initials and ends the game!!! So until we get some updated code from Dwight, my GC, stark, and iron throne initials will look like this....

IMG_0002 (resized).JPG

#4177 7 months ago

damn, that's a pretty good score. i'm gonna have to spend more time on it.

#4178 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Been awhile since I've put up a score like this

holy sheep shit batman!

#4179 7 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Can someone provide some high level steps to get access to the kicker switch to see what's going on?

Don't remember how I did it but it wasn't hard...just keep taking screws out till you get stuff loose.
Most likely you'll have to re-solder on the lead to an opto that came off. Don't worry aboot how Stern did it, just attached it to the big solder pad (they thread it to the other side and solder it to a very small lead for some reason).

#4180 7 months ago

Got to HOTK for only the second time tonight (FML...) and I hit every white shot except for the right orbit which stayed lit after hitting it two or three times, so I couldn't complete it. What's up with that? What determines how many times you have to hit each shot?

#4181 7 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got to HOTK for only the second time tonight (FML...) and I hit every white shot except for the right orbit which stayed lit after hitting it two or three times, so I couldn't complete it. What's up with that? What determines how many times you have to hit each shot?

If you bring Martell into HOTK you have to hit every shot twice. So you would have to hit it twice. Did you happen to hit it as other balls were being auto launched? If so the switch turns off for a second or two while balls are being served.

If you were trapped up and shooting that shot, then it should go out with at most two shots to it. If it didn't go out after that, you have a switch or something that isn't registering.

#4182 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you bring Martell into HOTK you have to hit every shot twice. So you would have to hit it twice. Did you happen to hit it as other balls were being auto launched? If so the switch turns off for a second or two while balls are being served.
If you were trapped up and shooting that shot, then it should go out with at most two shots to it. If it didn't go out after that, you have a switch or something that isn't registering.

I was playing as Martell, so that factors in. Not sure about the autofire, but I haven't noticed any switch problems on that side at any other time. I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks very much!

On a related note, how tough is it to hit that one ramp shot--usually the easiest shot--when the HOTK arrows are flashing in there and everything else is dark? Becomes the toughest shot in the game...

#4183 7 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was playing as Martell, so that factors in. Not sure about the autofire, but I haven't noticed any switch problems on that side at any other time. I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks very much!
On a related note, how tough is it to hit that one ramp shot--usually the easiest shot--when the HOTK arrows are flashing in there and everything else is dark? Becomes the toughest shot in the game...

Oh yeah for sure. If my final shot to complete a round of HOTK is the kickback or the right orbit, 75% I brick the shot 7-10 times then drain. Haha. That or I hit it on the first try. Haha

#4184 7 months ago

Has anyone installed leds in the outhole? Is it easy to do on a spike game?

#4185 7 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Has anyone installed leds in the outhole? Is it easy to do on a spike game?

keep in mind spike g.i. or flasher are 5 volts, find a 5 volts led strip and connect to any g.i. lamp.

a 6.3 volts led strip from comet pinball should work, this can be done for under $5.

http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-10-SMD-5050-6-3V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/10smd6.3vstrip.htm

or if you already have a regular 12 volts led strip, run a wire from your 12 volts power source up to the playfield and connect your leds, more work but it's another solution.

#4186 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't remember how I did it but it wasn't hard...just keep taking screws out till you get stuff loose.
Most likely you'll have to re-solder on the lead to an opto that came off. Don't worry aboot how Stern did it, just attached it to the big solder pad (they thread it to the other side and solder it to a very small lead for some reason).

Tyvm for the reply, we took some shortcuts but got the plastic off. The proper way would be to remove ramps, throne plastic, then plastic behind dragon.

To offer closure: it was the dragon kicker light sensor and the red 5v wire was loose/broke off. Did a resolder on it and it's working!

#4187 7 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Tyvm for the reply, we took some shortcuts but got the plastic off. The proper way would be to remove ramps, throne plastic, then plastic behind dragon.

Yeah screw that A little bending/flexing here and there and it'll come off.

#4188 7 months ago

Someone asked in the comments yesterday, during the latest Stern FB video walk through, if more GoT code would be coming.
Jody acknowledged it and said to send in any code suggestions so that Dwight hears them and maybe they can get some time on it (design/code team) that is.

You guys have compiled some excellent suggestions and tweaks in this thread. Even finding some more bugs recently. If you haven't already, please send those in to Stern or Dwight direct. Maybe just maybe, some code time will get assigned to do the last needed polish pass on GoT.

Needs more callouts!!!!!!!

#4189 7 months ago

anybody else want to see the dragon land in the arena in Color DMD? man, that would/will be gorgeous when they get it coded.

#4190 7 months ago

I need more callouts!

cowbell (resized).jpg

#4191 7 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Someone asked in the comments yesterday, during the latest Stern FB video walk through, if more GoT code would be coming.
Jody acknowledged it and said to send in any code suggestions so that Dwight hears them and maybe they can get some time on it (design/code team) that is.
You guys have compiled some excellent suggestions and tweaks in this thread. Even finding some more bugs recently. If you haven't already, please send those in to Stern or Dwight direct. Maybe just maybe, some code time will get assigned to do the last needed polish pass on GoT.

Man, a code update would be amazeballs!

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

anybody else want to see the dragon land in the arena in Color DMD? man, that would/will be gorgeous when they get it coded.

I was thought the same thing the other day when I was playing. All the dragon clips would be awesome.

#4192 7 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

please send those in to Stern or Dwight direct.

Done!

#4193 7 months ago

Hopefully Dwight still has my list from a year ago. I think he knows what needs to be added for polish and features, but I'll send him an updated bugs list too when I get a chance.

#4194 7 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Quoted from Apollyon:

I need more callouts!

And also it would be nice if we could get more callouts! Sure, the fixes, and it would be awesome to balance some of the scoring. However not too balanced. I like that the risk / reward aspect is there.

And when I say more callouts, it is the obvious ones. Calls in houses, hand of the king, IT, and if I don't get a reference to chickens, I'm gonna to have to eat every f*&$@#g chicken in this room. I understand that Dwight can't actually put that call in the game (because it would call for adding an adult mode and a bunch of extra work), just give me a good spot to put it in with Pinball Browser.

#4195 7 months ago

Give me a reason to play any other house besides Martell. I mean somtimes I will play Tyrell or Greyjoy but never in a tournament setting. Lannister and Stark are just never played.

#4196 7 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Give me a reason to play any other house besides Martell. I mean somtimes I will play Tyrell or Greyjoy but never in a tournament setting. Lannister and Stark are just never played.

Challenge. Pick stark and only go for WIC and WHC multiball.

You want to get at least an average of 50 million on each WIC, then that makes your SJPs in WHC a base value of 200 million at least. The SJP in WHC will always be a main shot so that means it can be multiplied up to 25x.

Have fun.

#4197 7 months ago

So Dwight, I know you read these threads but are busy coding an upcoming epic game, which I know will be fantastic. But I will seriously pay you $$$ if you can squeeze a tidy little GOT update in for us hard core lovers of the game. Nothing groundbreaking. Just a bunch of callouts / sound fx, maybe some tweaks, and add a few extra uses for the action button for a couple of the underpowered houses.

I'll bring the money to Expo, or I can pay for the deep dish next year.

Deal?!?

#4198 7 months ago

Is there an email directly for Dwight? Someone post a link please. For those of you who have been able to reach out, THANK YOU! If more of us send requests then hopefully he can get these done but also don't want to be annoying at the same time.

#4199 7 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Is there an email directly for Dwight? Someone post a link please. For those of you who have been able to reach out, THANK YOU! If more of us send requests then hopefully he can get these done but also don't want to be annoying at the same time.

If you look at the top of any code readme file there is an email to the stern code team. Just put GOT and Dwight in the subject line and I'm sure it will get to him.

#4200 7 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oh I dunno. Maybe try Greyjoy and stack WHC and Wall MB. I scored 17+ bill
On wall when bringing in houses (Martel, Baratheon, tyrel and Stark)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque , NM
$ 24.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Owosso, MI
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 79.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4820 posts in topic. You are on page 84 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.