Topic Stats

• 6,310 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 767 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg
15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg
18794F64-73BA-4BCA-AB12-21F1BE6BD6BD (resized).jpeg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg

There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 127.
#4051 2 years ago

Yeah my buddy and I like a lot of the same games and we live super close so my plan is to get some more new games that he doesn't get and we can just keep swapping. That will help me get well versed in all the new games faster.

#4052 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's exactly right. If I had to pick a top 3 of all time pins in the rules dept. GOT and TWD would be there...probably with WOZ.

You had me at GOT and TWD and lost all respect with that WOZ comment.

#4053 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

You had me at GOT and TWD and lost all respect with that WOZ comment.

Hahaha....im talking rules here man rules! not theme, sound, or overall game

#4054 2 years ago

Getting a GOT LE in few days anything i need to look out for ? It's one location game in good shape

#4055 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Getting a GOT LE in few days anything i need to look out for ? It's one location game in good shape

The ram should register 100% of the time with a square shot from either flipper. If it doesn't report back here.

Pop over to the prem/Le thread on tips to fix the left orbit. Not a deal breaker though.

Other than that the LEs I've played play fine.

#4056 2 years ago

One last challenge before I send this away. Get over 2 billion in WHC multiball. If you've already done it, well done. Haha

#4057 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some sort of lube. Go under the playfield to the underside of the ram mech. Should see a little metal sled with two screws in it.
Remove the screws and the sled will come off revealing the track that the ram runs in (white plastic with red screws surrounding it), and the two legs of the ram.
Use some sort of lube oil (I use the stuff below in all my game), get a qtip and soak one end of it. Then run that qtip all over the plastic track the ram is in, the legs of the ram, and the sled you removed.
Put the sled back on and screw back in the two screws you removed.
You should never have to mess with the ram again after this.
La-Co 4 ounce Zoom spout oiler 79704G amazon.com link ยป

Holy Shit Snacks!!! I've known for a while that I needed to get around to doing this. My first playfield had registered the ram great, but the second almost never did. I finally did this tonight, and what a massive difference. Even a glancing shot registers now. I just played 2 games like that, and my scores completely dropped off the edge of a cliff (because shooting for nothing but the ram is not an effective strategy). Thanks Chuck!

#4058 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

(because shooting for nothing but the ram is not an effective strategy)

Haha. What's 5 times zero?

#4059 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

man i love this translight! picture washes out the colors alittle but its so much better then the original!

Where did you find one?? Let me know as I'd love to buy one..

#4060 2 years ago

Here is my tip of the day. When you are trapped up and want to check instant info to see how much the spinner is worth, press the opposite flipper exactly 19 times to navigate to it. 20 times if HODOR is one of them.

Do it really fast and you'll look like a pro!

#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The ram should register 100% of the time with a square shot from either flipper. If it doesn't report back here.
Pop over to the prem/Le thread on tips to fix the left orbit. Not a deal breaker though.
Other than that the LEs I've played play fine.

k thx ill check it out

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you've read this thread and are now just getting around to fixing the ram, shame shame shame shame shame shame!!!!

Naw I like a challenge

And I'm reeeeeeeealy lazy

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Where did you find one?? Let me know as I'd love to buy one..

I put up a wanted ad here and another pinsider had one he never used.

#4064 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Naw I like a challenge
And I'm reeeeeeeealy lazy

I also thought I read something from Steve Ritchie in a pinside forum awhile back that the Ram is NOT supposed to register 100% of the time every time it is hit. He said it's a battering ram and it has to be hit hard and straight on to register the shot, like a real battering ram.

I would say mine registers when it should from being hit with some good force. I think if I oiled it up that it would register no matter how I hit it and to me that is not the way the ram was intended. IMO.

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I think if I oiled it up that it would register no matter how I hit it and to me that is not the way the ram was intended. IMO.

Untrue. It will not register unless it has a solid shot to it after lube. Yeah you might get a lucky hit or two here and there, but much better than getting jobbed 50% of the time or more. If you hit your ram dead center from either flipper from a trap, or on the fly, and it just thuds and doesn't even move really, that is not operating properly.

Perfect example. The pro on location that I run tournaments at registers 100% of the time and has never been adjusted. That's when I went home and applied lube so that mine would work as intended and just like that one on location.

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Untrue. It will not register unless it has a solid shot to it after lube. Yeah you might get a lucky hit or two here and there, but much better than getting jobbed 50% of the time or more. If you hit your ram dead center from either flipper from a trap, or on the fly, and it just thuds and doesn't even move really, that is not operating properly.
Perfect example. The pro on location that I run tournaments at registers 100% of the time and has never been adjusted. That's when I went home and applied lube so that mine would work as intended and just like that one on location.

Its an easy fix so I guess I will give it a try. I can always wipe it off if I feel it changes the game negatively! I probably will end up liking it and wondering why I did not do it sooner!!!

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Its an easy fix so I guess I will give it a try. I can always wipe it off it I feel it changes the game negatively! I probably will end up liking it and wondering why I did not do it sooner!!!

You'll be he first to dislike it if you do.

Another thing I noticed when I took my ram apart:

The ram has two axels that hold the front and rear wheels. Those axels held onto the ram house with screws on the outside of each wheel that go into the housing then into the axel.

On my ram those screws were stripped and screwed in way too tight. The wheels on my ram did not move at all when I tried to move them with my fingers.

I think this is the reason why some games have good rams and other don't and need some extra help to work consistently.

#4068 2 years ago

I hated this game up until yesterday. The first few times I played the LE model. Felt like a slow, boring clunk-fest to me, it never clicked, I tried to get into it and just couldn't. Tried several games, just not feeling it. Came back to the spot a few weeks later and tried a few more rounds. Same deal. No fun. It felt like someone just threw a bunch of the extra crap right on top as if it was a second thought after the game was designed.

So yesterday I finally got to try out a Pro. Now that is one fine machine. It played fast, furious, and fun and reminded me of how good it feels playing Iron Man or Metallica. I like that fast action and flow. The Pro model has it. If I were buying one of these, I'd go with the pro because to me it feels more complete and like a real, full game than the Premium/LE which feels like they just threw a bunch of crap on it after the fact to try and bling it out and get some extra price points. So yes, GOT also kicks ass in my opinion, if we're talking about the pro model.

#4069 2 years ago

When I lubed up my ram I didn't have to take anything apart. I just slid it to one end and lubed the opposite side, then did that again in the other direction. Worked great. I also adjusted the leaf switch to have a slightly smaller gap.

Apples and oranges on the pro vs. Premium debate. BUT, Steve Ritchie went on record saying that he always designs the Premium/LE version first, then removes stuff to create the pro. So the premium may FEEL like it has extra crap just thrown on there to you, but I can assure you that is not the case.

I am certainly in the minority. I play the pro in league all the time and I still prefer the gameplay on my Premium at home.

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

When I lubed up my ram I didn't have to take anything apart. I just slid it to one end and lubed the opposite side, then did that again in the other direction. Worked great. I also adjusted the leaf switch to have a slightly smaller gap.
Apples and oranges on the pro vs. Premium debate. BUT, Steve Ritchie went on record saying that he always designs the Premium/LE version first, then removes stuff to create the pro. So the premium may FEEL like it has extra crap just thrown on there to you, but I can assure you that is not the case.
I am certainly in the minority. I play the pro in league all the time and I still prefer the gameplay on my Premium at home.

I want to get a prem or LE eventually. I really think this game boils down to which one you have more time on. I hope to have an equal amount of time on each before it's all said and done. Haha

#4071 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want to get a prem or LE eventually. I really think this game boils down to which one you have more time on. I hope to have an equal amount of time on each before it's all said and done. Haha

Mine's for sale chuckeurt. Good price too!

#4072 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want to get a prem or LE eventually. I really think this game boils down to which one you have more time on.

It will be interesting to revisit the Premium/LE model after I get more time on the pro and have more of a grasp of what I'm doing in the game. But I don't see how I'm going to like the Premium/LE gameplay better, the Pro has what I wanted all along on this game. Even if I mastered the Pro, I'm not sure I want to fool around with the upper play field and stuff. I haven't totally given up on it yet. Heck, I'd still play a Raven.

#4073 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

When I lubed up my ram

#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Its an easy fix so I guess I will give it a try. I can always wipe it off if I feel it changes the game negatively! I probably will end up liking it and wondering why I did not do it sooner!!!

It will not affect your game negatively believe me. It makes your game 100% more enjoyable to have the battering ram register when you hit it. I think the biggest reason mine wouldn't move freely was because the two screws in the bottom of the playfield were so damn tight that I had to use a socket to loosen them. After I took those out and oiled it up I put them back in with a screwdriver and just barely snugged them up, I didn't tighten them much at all. Chuckwurt knows his sh*t when it comes to GOT! I'm glad that I listened to him about the battering ram.

Also just for the record, I suck at GOT and yes I've got some better scores since oiling the battering ram up, but my scores are not off the charts better compared to what they used to be by any means so don't think that is going to happen. It doesn't make you go from being a scrub to a pro or anything like that at all. It's just nice that a shot actually registers when you hit it. I'm not a great player so I need every shot to count that I hit.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It will be interesting to revisit the Premium/LE model after I get more time on the pro and have more of a grasp of what I'm doing in the game. But I don't see how I'm going to like the Premium/LE gameplay better, the Pro has what I wanted all along on this game. Even if I mastered the Pro, I'm not sure I want to fool around with the upper play field and stuff. I haven't totally given up on it yet. Heck, I'd still play a Raven.

The Prem/LE is super fun. The upper PF gets an unfair bad rap IMO. Initially I liked to Pro better at launch, but really appreciate the LE now. Adding time to modes, collecting castles, and the Castle Multiball is fun. When it dumps the ball in the throne it is cool. I know there at at least two houses that you can defeat on the upper PF. I bet lotr_breath can name them.

#4076 2 years ago

I played both the LE and Pro at Pinfest side by side, this was before i knew anything about the games and walked away telling everyone the Pro is the better games. I also played the same LE as Sevenrights(the pro he played was mine) and a Pro on location a few times. Every time i played them the Pro won hands down in fun and flow. The LE's upperplayfield, no real right ramp, the blocking of the left ramps view, the orbit not working right , and the drop target all hurt the games gameplay for me. I do like that the upper playfield adds alittle to the game but what it does to the overall gameplay takes away from the games fun and thats more important to me then alittle extra bling. I do like the LE and have fun playing it but overall the Pro is a better playing game in my opinion so thats the one i recently bought and i could have bought either model. All LE owners will say different as expected and can point out things on the Pro they dont like. I do see alot of LEs for sale recently at $2k loss and a few Pros at $500 loss from NIB prices which also sorta shows me what everyones opinion are of the 2 models.

With all that said If they didnt make a Pro i would definitely own a LE/premium!

#4077 2 years ago

Amen brother! IIRC you can finish Lannister and Tyrell on the upper playfield. There may be others. FYI, I finally found a great use for Castle MB. As you know, it's not worth a ton of points. I think a good round of Castle MB might net you around 100M. I use it to bash the crap out of the drop targets to increase the value of the spinner. And here lies a common misconception about GOT. Shot multipliers DO NOT affect the value of the spinner, but playfiled multipliers do. So let's say you've had a long ball with a couple MB's and your spinner is getting up around 3M/spin. It doesn't sound like much, does it? But 3m at 4x playfield becomes 12m/spin. A good rip on a juiced spinner is 30-40 spins, or 360M-480M per shot, which is way more than any jackpots in MB can get you. Only exception might be the second hurry-up during HOTK but I think most mere mortals rarely see that.

The most points I've seen on a single rip of the spinner is around 650M!

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Hey Willy I was just over at Chuckwurts house and he has his battering ram so oiled up that all you gotta do is nudge the machine a little bit and it registers a hit. I guess that explains why his scores are so high!

#4079 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey Willy I was just over at Chuckwurts house and he has his battering ram so oiled up that all you gotta do is nudge the machine a little bit and it registers a hit. I guess that explains why his scores are so high!

You promised you wouldn't tell.

#4080 2 years ago

Can't believe it. I keep GOT on all weekend and play a game at least once an hour. I've only been to HOTK once. Today I defeated 4 houses and had the arrow lit to start HOTK. The ball drained, Lazarus'ed back up to the tip of my right flipper, I flipped it to the left post and down the left outlane. F...M...L...

And btw...the guys that say the upper playfield adds nothing don't know what they're talking about. I spend a lot of time up there collecting castles, extending time, and working my way to castle multiball. I love this f**king game...but I want to beat it to a pulp with a baseball bat.

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love this f**king game...but I want to beat it to a pulp with a baseball bat.

lol I know EXACTLY how you feel! You will get better eventually and be able to reach HOK pretty easy and pretty often believe it or not. Now to really piss you off, they were doing speed runs on Twitch TV and I seen a guy reach HOK in 2 minutes and 27 seconds. It's all about practicing and being able to make precision shots, learning all the different ways to make shots...backhanding shots etc, and figuring out the easiest strategy to getting there. Once you start "getting it", that's when the game really starts to get fun. As Chuckwurt or someone said earlier, the people who say this game sucks don't understand the rules or how to play it.

#4082 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can't believe it. I keep GOT on all weekend and play a game at least once an hour. I've only been to HOTK once. Today I defeated 4 houses and had the arrow lit to start HOTK. The ball drained, Lazarus'ed back up to the tip of my right flipper, I flipped it to the left post and down the left outlane. F...M...L...
And btw...the guys that say the upper playfield adds nothing don't know what they're talking about. I spend a lot of time up there collecting castles, extending time, and working my way to castle multiball. I love this f**king game...but I want to beat it to a pulp with a baseball bat.

There are ways to get an easier path to HOTK. One would be to get Stark, then just hit 3 center ramps and cash in on the left orbit. Not much score, but there is a house down. Another is Baratheon. If you find hitting drops too dangerous, just select Baratheon at the beginning of the game. Start Baratheon and it can be completed in literally 3 shots. Left orbit, Dragon shot, drop target. Again, not much score, but another house down. The other houses that could be considered quick path would be Martell and Tyrell. Greyjoy is probably the next easiest. Lannister is not easy at all unless it is brought into BWMB.

Another thing is once you finish 3 houses, get that extra ball. Then go for your 4th house. One more thing that happens more by luck for me but if you finish Martell with a center ramp shot as you 4th house, you will both finish the mode AND start HOTK with a single shot!

#4083 2 years ago

Is there cliffy's to cover the chipped part after i clean it real good ?

Resized_20170116_143719 (resized).jpeg

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Yep, get his GoT shooter lane kit.

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I put Mylar there. Just as good.

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Ouch. Please tell me that's not HUO?

#4087 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I would get that metal guide that PBl sells that covers the wood where the ball hits as it gets fired out of the trough.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Same thing happened to my premium after 1000-1500 plays

#4089 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Probably is. For some reason GOT (and I think all SPIKE games) have an absurd amount of power in that kicker that feeds the ball to the shooter lane. You really need the protector on the wall and at least mylar to keep it from getting beat up. really wish Stern would make their coil strengths adjustable.

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nah 1 location game and i'm order cliffy's for it.

#4091 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And btw...the guys that say the upper playfield adds nothing don't know what they're talking about. I spend a lot of time up there collecting castles, extending time, and working my way to castle multiball.

The upper playfield is actually really cool - but the rules NEED to be tweaked to make Castle Multiball much more valuable!!!

#4092 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Probably is. For some reason GOT (and I think all SPIKE games) have an absurd amount of power in that kicker that feeds the ball to the shooter lane. You really need the protector on the wall and at least mylar to keep it from getting beat up. really wish Stern would make their coil strengths adjustable.

It is adjustable in Ghostbusters.

#4093 2 years ago

My friend picked up this pin last week. We had a late game session last night and MM kicked in the middle of my game. Friggen awesome surprise for all of us! Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor.. Hodor!

#4094 2 years ago

Played a GOT pro in league on location last night. Had the spinner up to 513k per spin. Nailed the spinner several times for a whopping 4.5 million. Stupid location games!

#4095 2 years ago

I don't have a GB, but reading the read me file for the latest code update (1.13), gives me more hope that we will get another GOT update. The type of update that GB got is exactly what is needed for GOT - add a bunch of callouts and sound fx to certain modes, tweak some rules and scoring a bit (i.e. maybe a boost to better items you can buy to make Lannister more viable), add a few more uses to the action button and that would be a great polish to a superb game.

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I don't have a GB, but reading the read me file for the latest code update (1.13), gives me more hope that we will get another GOT update.

That would be great...just some more polish to this bad boy.

#4097 2 years ago

Another bit of polish that would be nice would be some slightly better dots for HOTK. The dots on Iron Throne are awesome, but the basic text approach for the intro of HOTK (where it describes what rules you are bringing into HOTK) seems really basic and out of place. Say the same things, but write it in a much more appealing way with cooler dots.

#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

the basic text approach for the intro of HOTK (where it describes what rules you are bringing into HOTK) seems really basic and out of place. Say the same things, but write it in a much more appealing way with cooler dots.

I agree, it would also be good if it was slowed down a bit - hard to read the text and absorb what you should be shooting for

#4099 2 years ago

what is best/easyest way to remove upper play field to clean under ?

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

what is best/easyest way to remove upper play field to clean under ?

I believe capguntrooper posted how to do this roughly a year ago. If you do a forum search for his name, you should be able to find it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 79.99
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Beecher, IL
$ 50.00
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside