371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 144.
#3951 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

New code has dropped. Don't get too excited. No real substance to this one as far as game play.

Yep. Ticket dispenser fixes.

#3952 7 years ago

You can set it for virtual locks now. Woo hoo! (sarcasm ).

#3953 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Honestly as a TD I might make that adjustment to help limit the pf validation exploits available to the player. Then they would only have them available at ball start and after ball save or LOL.

#3954 7 years ago

I also wonder if virtual locks will fix the bug that can end wall or whc multiball when you have 2 locks for blackwater?

#3955 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you use the upper playfield to make mode shots will that reset the timers for combo multipliers on the lower playfield? If so, those rules up there can make the modes way easier to achieve massive mode scores. Interesting.

Not sure on reseting the combo timers - I believe they do. LOTR_breath do you know?

#3956 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There are some needed fixes - But nothing added really.

Fixed:
- Shaker Motor Adjustment was not turning the shaker motor off as required.
- "Bonus Held" would give an extra bonus if the player was on the last ball but had an extra ball.

#3957 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure on reseting the combo timers - I believe they do. lotr_breath do you know?

I am almost 100% certain that the mini playfield has no bearing on the shot multipliers. One thing I like is that during a mode, after you shoot the three stand-ups for time and then collect the castle, the stand-ups re-light for actual progress in the mode. Some modes(but not all) you can actually finish the mode on the mini playfield.

#3958 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I am almost 100% certain that the mini playfield has no bearing on the shot multipliers. One thing I like is that during a mode, after you shoot the three stand-ups for time and then collect the castle, the stand-ups re-light for actual progress in the mode. Some modes(but not all) you can actually finish the mode on the mini playfield.

But if you finish the mode up there the shots won't be multiplied by combo multipliers right? Just playfield?

#3959 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But if you finish the mode up there the shots won't be multiplied by combo multipliers right? Just playfield?

Good question. I do not know. I know that playfield multipliers do apply since there is a 2x and 3x insert on the mini playfield, but shot multipliers I don't know. I've often wondered why there is only a 2x and 3x on the mini playfield but 2x,3x,4x,5x on the main playfield.

#3960 7 years ago

Fun thread over on tilt call fun but stupid objectives.

Under 100 million with HOTK lit. Haha. I'm trying it right now.

EDIT. Challenge completed:

#3961 7 years ago

just installed mirror blades in my pro, what a difference.
i had those for about a year now, i waited because i'm lifting the playfield a lot.

i wanted to go gold but couldn't find them at the time, no regrets at all, it just look awesome with chrome.

mirror blade right (resized).JPGmirror blade right (resized).JPG
mirror blade left (resized).JPGmirror blade left (resized).JPG

#3962 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

#3963 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

you suck! I just can't do it. Hotk lit with 109m is the lowest I've been able to get.

20161223_212253 (resized).jpg20161223_212253 (resized).jpg

#3964 7 years ago

I know. That's why I was able to do it. Haha.

#3965 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

This is insanely difficult! No skill shot, avoid rollovers, don't hit action on drains, avoid combos...and I'm still way over after completing 2 houses! Trust me I'm not good so I must be missing something!

#3966 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

This is insanely difficult! No skill shot, avoid rollovers, don't hit action on drains, avoid combos...and I'm still way over after completing 2 houses! Trust me I'm not good so I must be missing something!

Has to be stark Martel Greyjoy and Lannister.

On martel I think the longer you wait between hitting your first second and third orbits without letting the timer run out the lower the total mode will be. And make sure not to collect the final ramp shot. Time the mode out.

Greyjoy and Lannister are self explanatory. Don't hit any shots that are multiplied. Be patient.

Stark same thing. Make three center Ramps, hold the ball until the orbit goes back to single value then complete.
Remember to tilt after each ball too.

And don't bail if you get BWMB. The min score is 10 mil so not a deal breaker.

#3967 7 years ago

On one try I was extremely close and I flailed and collected a damn 3x sword worth 39M. I can NEVER get a sword worth 39M!

I found one of the hardest things about doing this is all the WIC hurry-ups that you accidentally get started. Then you can't just trap up and time them out because the timers stop just like on Star Trek. So you've gotta spam some worthless shot and then the ball gets into the slingshots, etc. Another thing that makes it so hard is during modes you've gotta trap up to let any combo multipliers run down, but all the while your mode timers are counting down as well.

Chuck, what house did you start as and what houses did you play? I've tried starting as Baratheon, then playing Stark, Baratheon, Greyjoy and Lannister. Also tried Baratheon, Stark, Lannister, Martell.

Never mind, a few minutes too late.

#3968 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

On one try I was extremely close and I flailed and collected a damn 3x sword worth 39M. I can NEVER get a sword worth 39M!
I found one of the hardest things about doing this is all the WIC hurry-ups that you accidentally get started. Then you can't just trap up and time them out because the timers stop just like on Star Trek. So you've gotta spam some worthless shot and then the ball gets into the slingshots, etc. Another thing that makes it so hard is during modes you've gotta trap up to let any combo multipliers run down, but all the while your mode timers are counting down as well.
Chuck, what house did you start as and what houses did you play? I've tried starting as Baratheon, then playing Stark, Baratheon, Greyjoy and Lannister. Also tried Baratheon, Stark, Lannister, Martell.
Never mind, a few minutes too late.

Pretty sure I started as Martell. For WICs. Spam the left orbit. Feeds the pops and keeps the timer running. Might only take one shot.

Btw. I have no idea if this is way harder on the prem or not.

#3969 7 years ago

Hahaha, love this idea! A great challenge indeed! I just got SMVE and have to wrap santa presents. Hopefully i can give this a try tomorrow or sunday

#3970 7 years ago

I will have to try this a few more times. I thought starting as Baratheon was a no brainer because you won't have to hit a bunch of drops(thereby increasing the spinner value) to start Baratheon. Then Baratheon can be completed with three easy shots and a pretty low score. My spinner is really dialed so I'm trying to hit that shot as little as possible. But, gotta hit it 3 times to light Greyjoy. Damn this is hard!

#3971 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hahaha, love this idea! A great challenge indeed! I just got SMVE and have to wrap santa presents. Hopefully i can give this a try tomorrow or sunday

Want. I expect your full report!

#3972 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Want. I expect your full report!

Hah. Well I'll give you my 2-day mini review, mind you I did own an original SM years and years ago. So one thing I don't like about SM in general are the long ball times with its ruleset. So I did put lightning flippers on my SMVE and removed the center post. I left outlanes factory at 2nd to easiest out of 4 positions. Setup like this, the game plays awesome! As for the vault edition, being a fan of super hero and sci fi themes, SMVE is so much better than the original, I'd question (but still respect for the sake of argument) anyone saying otherwise. The comic art, animations, and call outs feel like SPIDER-MAN! The movie theme does not, and has always been a huge negative in mind. in fact, I hate the movie themed call outs and package. So far I give SMVE two thumbs up. I did get the color dmd and the animations are great. The only bummer on my machine is stern forgot to wire up the shaker nor did they leave any connection cables for me to do it myself my dist is aware and going to hav stern send me some. But don't they at least go into diag and test each coil? Big wtf there. So playing without a shaker sucks on this title! But sub, color dmd, lightning flippers, and no center post kicks butt. Hit me up in a month and I'll let you know where I stand. I'm not one for keeping games long in my collection so we'll see how it goes.

And that said, I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary on GOT PRO and it still kicks ass!

#3973 7 years ago

Hot damn. I did it!

20161224_133900 (resized).jpg20161224_133900 (resized).jpg

#3974 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hot damn. I did it!

What route did you take? Did you have to play BWMB?

#3975 7 years ago

Well shit, i had about 30 mins to spend tonight and couldnt do it! lol tough challenge.

#3976 7 years ago

Got le huo speaker lights , stern topper , side blades ,

$6800 Xmas day price

Back to 7k dec 26th

Raleigh NC .. check marketplace for pics

#3977 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What route did you take? Did you have to play BWMB?

Started out as Martell. Played Martell, then Stark. I got Greyjoy stacked with Lannister and failed to finish either one. Had a BWMB where I accidentally cashed in one shot so I got like 12m for BWMB. Then got Greyjoy/Lannister stack going again and finished both at the same time with a single shot to the Dragon shot!

I did discover a great way to time out the WIC hurry ups. As long as the hurry up is somewhere else, you can just loop the center ramp while it times out.

#3978 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

WIC hurry ups. As long as the hurry up is somewhere else, you can just loop the center ramp while it times out.

Haha. Yeah. I did the same thing. Congrats! Pretty fun objectives for us that have played the game so many different ways already.

#3979 7 years ago

OK, I'm going to ask. Someone help me understand Hand of the King. As far as I'm concerned, I have a bunch of white shots with no rhyme or reason. I get a quick blurb at the start saying "more shots", "less shots", "blah blah" (one for each house I brought in). But at that point, almost everything is lit and stays lit. I know it isn't just hit a bunch of crap, but right now it doesn't make any sense to me. It doesn't at all feel like any kind of progression.

#3980 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

OK, I'm going to ask. Someone help me understand Hand of the King. As far as I'm concerned, I have a bunch of white shots with no rhyme or reason. I get a quick blurb at the start saying "more shots", "less shots", "blah blah" (one for each house I brought in). But at that point, almost everything is lit and stays lit. I know it isn't just hit a bunch of crap, but right now it doesn't make any sense to me. It doesn't at all feel like any kind of progression.

There's 3 stages to HOTK. Each stage consists of hitting all the white shots, then hit the ram hurry up to complete the stage. If you bring house stark into HOTK, there will be a 20 second bonus round after each stage in which it's a white shot frenzy - all shots will be lit white for 20 seconds and can progressively increase in value with the combo multiplier coupled with a pf multiplier.

At the end of the 3rd stage a super hurry up jackpot will light at the ram for some serious HUGE points. Remember, you have to hit the ram once to complete the stage so after the 3rd stage the ram will relight and you have to hit again for the super.

If you bring house greyjoy into HOTK, then the # of states to get the super hurry up jackpot is reduced by 1 so you only have to do 2 complete stages to light the super hurry up jackpot.

That make sense?

#3981 7 years ago

Hand of the King Mini Wizard Mode:
Copied and pasted from Tiltforums. As you can see, Martell and Baratheon punish the most if brought into HOTK.

Completing four houses while not currently challenging a house will light HOTK.
The houses that you take into HOTK wizard mode can be important. Each house brings with it an attribute that will make it easier or more difficult to get through the mode. They are as follows:

Stark: Bonus round - 20 Seconds of free shooting after a completed set (lights up random shots for points; you may not want to go for these, it's a waste of time and it could end HOTK prematurely)
Baratheon: All 7 shots instead of 4 shots must be completed in order to finish a set.
Lannister: +125,000,000 added to hurry-up
Greyjoy: One less set needed to start super jackpot hurry up
Tyrell: +15,000,000 per super jackpot
Martell: All shots must be completed twice
Targaryen: +750,000 per shot award

HOTK is a mini wizard mode that is completed in "sets".

Each set starts with four shots to complete (or 7 if Baratheon is brought in).
The shots needed to complete the set are dictated by the houses you have carried into HOTK with you.
The value collected from shots also adds to the Super Jackpot value
After completing all the shots that are lit, the super jackpot will be lit at the battering ram. The Super is determined through the best four shots made in the set. Collecting the super will complete the set.
Completing 3 sets (2 if Greyjoy is brought in) will start a hurry up at the battering ram. Once this is collected or times out, everything starts over.

You'll also notice that the inlanes will be flashing yellow. A ball that travels through the inlane will increase the combo value of each of the main shots to the by 1x, and set all shots to the maximum current shot multiplier. For instance, if your multipliers are [1x 2x 2x 2x 1x], after a lit inlane, they will be [3x 3x 3x 3x 3x]. This is available at all times, regardless if you have Tyrell's powerup or not. This can also temporarily increase the combo multiplier to 6x.

Iron Throne Wizard Mode:

Completing all of the house modes lights the mode start shot for IT wizard mode. Like HOTK, this multiball is is based on completing sets of shots.

All of the central house lights that normally signify mode completion turn off at the beginning of the mode.
The mode starts out as a 2-ball multiball.
All house shots are lit to start a siege on their castle and light a set of shots.
Each "set" consists of hitting all 7 house shots. Shots turn off as you complete them.
The shot that corresponds to the current House's castle is lit in its House's color and is worth significantly more points.
Once all 7 shots have been completed, the battering ram lights for a Super Jackpot + Add-A-Ball.
Collecting a super jackpot will light that house to signify completion.
Start a new set by shooting one of the remaining unlit house's shots.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when you drain down to a single ball.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when your ball ends; you pick up where you left off on the following ball!
Martell's Add-A-Ball can be used at ANY time, including in single-ball play!
After completing the last main castle, you will receive one last added ball. You will then go through various other castles and cities and collect "victory lap" shots until you are down to one ball, at which point Iron Throne ends. (speculation: does this phase have an end?)

Casual mode settings

In recent updates, Casual Mode is set to off by default.

Players will not be able to choose a house at the start of the game. Players will start with House Stark.
STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
GREYJOY starts lit.
No option to PASS on choose your battle
If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
Flashing effects will be set to the less intense setting.

Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.

Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.

Upper Playfield

The Premium and the LE both have an upper playfield, which consists of two flippers, a scoop where the ball may enter from, three touch targets surrounding two back lanes (where the ball will fall into the left loop), a left castle "mini-loop," and two rubber bits going up the upper playfield to serve as slingshots. In addition, since the switch used to validate the right ramp is hanging into the upper playfield, hitting the wire gate hard enough will spot you right ramp shots.

Castle Multiball

During regular play, the upper playfield is used to advance towards Castle Multiball. Completing a set of 3 targets and then shooting the ball out a back lane collects "Archers!", "Charge", "Breach" and "Castle Multiball" in that order. After collecting one bit of progress a drop target will rise in front of the Right Ramp. Shooting the drop target or starting a mode/multiball will drop the target.

Castle Multiball is...honestly something that not many players seek, so if anyone has any information on it fill me in here. :sweat_smile:

Upper Playfield During Modes

During modes, the upper playfield is used to collect Castles and advance in the modes. At any point, shooting the Castle loop awards certain things in a mode (see below). In addition, hitting one of the 3 lit targets lights the outer targets and awards 5 seconds on the current mode(s). Hitting one of the outer targets lights the center target and gives another 5 seconds. Hitting the center target awards 5 more seconds and lights the castle loop, and collecting the castle gives 15M up front, 7.5M in bonus (!), and lights extra shots on the upper playfield for the following awards:

Stark: 1 Advance value (just like a ramp shot). Collecting the castle also lights the targets.

Baratheon: Build Baratheon Jackpot. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.

Greyjoy: Does nothing before the castle is collected, but lights the back lanes to spot a currently-lit shot afterwards.

Lannister: 1 Advance value (just like a lit gold target shot). Allows value to go beyond the usual maximum. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.

Martell: Build Martell Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets. If the hurry-up is running, points are added on.

Tyrell: Does nothing before the castle is collected, but lights the back lanes to spot the current lit shot afterwards.

Targaryen 1/2: Build Targaryen Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.

Targaryen 3: Build Targaryen Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets, which do damage to the dragon as well (just like 1 hurry-up collect).

#3982 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That make sense?

It does. Thanks for the explanation! Last night I tried it out, and got to HotK in the first game. Then I tried to calm down and play it understanding it a bit better... To call my HotK round a drainfest would be kind

#3983 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It does. Thanks for the explanation! Last night I tried it out, and got to HotK in the first game. Then I tried to calm down and play it understanding it a bit better... To call my HotK round a drainfest would be kind

It's tough for me no matter which houses I bring in. I've only gotten to the first big SJP hurry up a handful of times. Never even been close to a second collect.

#3984 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hand of the King Mini Wizard Mode:
Copied and pasted from Tiltforums. As you can see, Martell and Baratheon punish the most if brought into HOTK.
Completing four houses while not currently challenging a house will light HOTK.
The houses that you take into HOTK wizard mode can be important. Each house brings with it an attribute that will make it easier or more difficult to get through the mode. They are as follows:
Stark: Bonus round - 20 Seconds of free shooting after a completed set (lights up random shots for points; you may not want to go for these, it's a waste of time and it could end HOTK prematurely)
Baratheon: All 7 shots instead of 4 shots must be completed in order to finish a set.
Lannister: +125,000,000 added to hurry-up
Greyjoy: One less set needed to start super jackpot hurry up
Tyrell: +15,000,000 per super jackpot
Martell: All shots must be completed twice
Targaryen: +750,000 per shot award
HOTK is a mini wizard mode that is completed in "sets".
Each set starts with four shots to complete (or 7 if Baratheon is brought in).
The shots needed to complete the set are dictated by the houses you have carried into HOTK with you.
The value collected from shots also adds to the Super Jackpot value
After completing all the shots that are lit, the super jackpot will be lit at the battering ram. The Super is determined through the best four shots made in the set. Collecting the super will complete the set.
Completing 3 sets (2 if Greyjoy is brought in) will start a hurry up at the battering ram. Once this is collected or times out, everything starts over.
You'll also notice that the inlanes will be flashing yellow. A ball that travels through the inlane will increase the combo value of each of the main shots to the by 1x, and set all shots to the maximum current shot multiplier. For instance, if your multipliers are [1x 2x 2x 2x 1x], after a lit inlane, they will be [3x 3x 3x 3x 3x]. This is available at all times, regardless if you have Tyrell's powerup or not. This can also temporarily increase the combo multiplier to 6x.
Iron Throne Wizard Mode:
Completing all of the house modes lights the mode start shot for IT wizard mode. Like HOTK, this multiball is is based on completing sets of shots.
All of the central house lights that normally signify mode completion turn off at the beginning of the mode.
The mode starts out as a 2-ball multiball.
All house shots are lit to start a siege on their castle and light a set of shots.
Each "set" consists of hitting all 7 house shots. Shots turn off as you complete them.
The shot that corresponds to the current House's castle is lit in its House's color and is worth significantly more points.
Once all 7 shots have been completed, the battering ram lights for a Super Jackpot + Add-A-Ball.
Collecting a super jackpot will light that house to signify completion.
Start a new set by shooting one of the remaining unlit house's shots.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when you drain down to a single ball.
Iron Throne DOES NOT END when your ball ends; you pick up where you left off on the following ball!
Martell's Add-A-Ball can be used at ANY time, including in single-ball play!
After completing the last main castle, you will receive one last added ball. You will then go through various other castles and cities and collect "victory lap" shots until you are down to one ball, at which point Iron Throne ends. (speculation: does this phase have an end?)
Casual mode settings
In recent updates, Casual Mode is set to off by default.
Players will not be able to choose a house at the start of the game. Players will start with House Stark.
STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
GREYJOY starts lit.
No option to PASS on choose your battle
If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
Flashing effects will be set to the less intense setting.
Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.
Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.
Upper Playfield
The Premium and the LE both have an upper playfield, which consists of two flippers, a scoop where the ball may enter from, three touch targets surrounding two back lanes (where the ball will fall into the left loop), a left castle "mini-loop," and two rubber bits going up the upper playfield to serve as slingshots. In addition, since the switch used to validate the right ramp is hanging into the upper playfield, hitting the wire gate hard enough will spot you right ramp shots.
Castle Multiball
During regular play, the upper playfield is used to advance towards Castle Multiball. Completing a set of 3 targets and then shooting the ball out a back lane collects "Archers!", "Charge", "Breach" and "Castle Multiball" in that order. After collecting one bit of progress a drop target will rise in front of the Right Ramp. Shooting the drop target or starting a mode/multiball will drop the target.
Castle Multiball is...honestly something that not many players seek, so if anyone has any information on it fill me in here. :sweat_smile:
Upper Playfield During Modes
During modes, the upper playfield is used to collect Castles and advance in the modes. At any point, shooting the Castle loop awards certain things in a mode (see below). In addition, hitting one of the 3 lit targets lights the outer targets and awards 5 seconds on the current mode(s). Hitting one of the outer targets lights the center target and gives another 5 seconds. Hitting the center target awards 5 more seconds and lights the castle loop, and collecting the castle gives 15M up front, 7.5M in bonus (!), and lights extra shots on the upper playfield for the following awards:
Stark: 1 Advance value (just like a ramp shot). Collecting the castle also lights the targets.
Baratheon: Build Baratheon Jackpot. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.
Greyjoy: Does nothing before the castle is collected, but lights the back lanes to spot a currently-lit shot afterwards.
Lannister: 1 Advance value (just like a lit gold target shot). Allows value to go beyond the usual maximum. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.
Martell: Build Martell Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets. If the hurry-up is running, points are added on.
Tyrell: Does nothing before the castle is collected, but lights the back lanes to spot the current lit shot afterwards.
Targaryen 1/2: Build Targaryen Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets.
Targaryen 3: Build Targaryen Hurry-Up. Collecting the castle also lights the targets, which do damage to the dragon as well (just like 1 hurry-up collect).

ANY MODERATOR READING
this should be made a key post in this thread, so that it's linked from the first page. Thanks for posting the rule breakdown.

#3985 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

ANY MODERATOR READING
this should be made a key post in this thread, so that it's linked from the first page. Thanks for posting the rule breakdown.

Agreed. I don't even own the game I found this helpful!

#3986 7 years ago

For some reason I just can't get too far into this game, I bricked a lot of shots and just couldn't get a flow and rhythm - mostly on the LE. A friend just picked up a pro so I'll have to see how much different the game play is on that. I never watched any GOT so I have no idea how the theme relates to the game so I'm basically coming into it with an outsider perspective.

#3987 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

For some reason I just can't get too far into this game, I bricked a lot of shots and just couldn't get a flow and rhythm - mostly on the LE. A friend just picked up a pro so I'll have to see how much different the game play is on that. I never watched any GOT so I have no idea how the theme relates to the game so I'm basically coming into it with an outsider perspective.

THANK YOU! I'm getting so frustrated reading all these posts. I've got an LE, and it's a good game for me if I defeat two houses and light 4 or 5. Every now and again I'll get castle multiball, but have no idea what I'm supposed to shoot for on that. It's rare for me to break a billion, and the way the ball comes off my slings is brutal...almost always drains.

So here's a big question: I know I don't suck THAT bad, so I'm wondering if changing the pitch will help. What angle are most of you playing your games at? I think I have to play with it a degree in either direction to see if it helps...I HATE narrowing the outlanes. It makes me feel so dirty.

#3988 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

THANK YOU! I'm getting so frustrated reading all these posts. I've got an LE, and it's a good game for me if I defeat two houses and light 4 or 5. Every now and again I'll get castle multiball, but have no idea what I'm supposed to shoot for on that. It's rare for me to break a billion, and the way the ball comes off my slings is brutal...almost always drains.
So here's a big question: I know I don't suck THAT bad, so I'm wondering if changing the pitch will help. What angle are most of you playing your games at? I think I have to play with it a degree in either direction to see if it helps...I HATE narrowing the outlanes. It makes me feel so dirty.

I don't have anything that can measure the pitch but my bubble is hugging the top line of the level that's in my game. Haha

#3989 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't have anything that can measure the pitch but my bubble is hugging the top line of the level that's in my game. Haha

Well in that case, maybe I'll just put the back legs on a stack of my stepdaughter's books that she doesn't know how to read.

#3990 7 years ago

i set my Pro to 6.9 pitch and its feels fast and furious there. Shoots great and the ramps are butter smooth. Dragon kickback is fastest thing ive seen in pinball yet. Only owned it 3 days, hit 2 billion once but many 300 million or so games. With all the standups between the shots they really made this game so you got to be a good accurate shooter and not just flailing around with flippers or it will kick your ass.

#3991 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

From what ive played so far the modes arent the key to scoring. Getting the multiplier up to 5x then hitting jackpots and the really well done super jackpots is where the points are at from my limited experience. the modes seem to just be to get to the HOTK and IT.

#3992 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

the modes seem to just be to get to the HOTK and IT.

If you ignore the modes you're gonna have less than 100 million going into HOTK and like 300 million going into IT. Haha.

But seriously the real key to the game is consistently keeping your shots multiplied through the combo multipliers and pf multipliers. My biggest scores have come from having all shots in the game multiplied by 5-25x for most of the game. If you're doing that, you'll start to see the 700-800 million Martell modes or 800 million targaryean modes, or 500 million Baratheon modes, or billion stark modes.

#3993 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you ignore the modes you're gonna have less than 100 million going into HOTK and like 300 million going into IT. Haha.
But seriously the real key to the game is consistently keeping your shots multiplied through the combo multipliers and pf multipliers. My biggest scores have come from having all shots in the game multiplied by 5-25x for most of the game. If you're doing that, you'll start to see the 700-800 million Martell modes or 800 million targaryean modes, or 500 million Baratheon modes, or billion stark modes.

You know...the wise-ass side of me wants to say that you spend WAY too much time playing this game and you should probably find a hobby. But then I realize that playing this game IS your hobby, and because you know every goddamn thing about it, we all benefit from your knowledge. So thanks for that. But I'd still really appreciate it if you didn't make me feel like shit posting every epic score you get - it makes my boys shrink up and run inside to play.

#3994 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

that makes alot of sense. i bet i was in modes during BW mball with multipliers up when i was seeing biggest scores. so much to learn in this game. Im glad i watched the series because if not i wouldnt know anything about the dragons and Daenerys or the white walkers and the wall or and how all the houses want to rule the iron throne, id be lost and confused without the show on this theme.

#3995 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know...the wise-ass side of me wants to say that you spend WAY too much time playing this game and you should probably find a hobby. But then I realize that playing this game IS your hobby, and because you know every goddamn thing about it, we all benefit from your knowledge. So thanks for that. But I'd still really appreciate it if you didn't make me feel like shit posting every epic score you get - it makes my boys shrink up and run inside to play.

If it makes you feel any better I think your LE is way harder than my pro

#3996 7 years ago

Coming up on one year ownership!

IMG_1339 (resized).PNGIMG_1339 (resized).PNG

And you know what I've realized? ...GOT kicks ass

#3997 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Coming up on one year ownership!

And you know what I've realized? ...GOT kicks ass

Hell yeah!

#3998 7 years ago

I just started a new 'GOT: house rules change ideas' thread to separate it out of this long thread; also, in the (probably futile) hope that someone from Stern actually reads it and finds it interesting... it would be really awesome to balance out the houses in GOT.

Btw, it's still my favorite game to play

#3999 7 years ago

The good news: Thanks to Chuck's (and Eskaybee's) strategy tips, I just had a 1.7 billion game (I know, I know...a bad game for the rest of you guys).

The bad news: My wife asked me about strategy, I told her, and she kicked my ass in the second game. She LOVES GOT now!

#4000 7 years ago

OK, to take the heat off Chuck I'm posting my best ever score done last night past bedtime(wife was not happy). Game lasted 25 minutes. Chuck will love this. About 75% of this score came from the spinner strategy. I had a lousy HOTK of around 350M. I didn't even make it to Iron Throne, and I killed my previous high score of around 7.5B. On ball one I was ripping spinners at 3.1M/spin and lots of them at 3x,4x, and a few at 5x. Those 5x spins were worth 15.5m/spin and I was getting around 450-600M a spin. So much fun!

GOT 9.1B (resized).jpgGOT 9.1B (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.