371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 144.
#351 8 years ago

Glad to see people enjoying GOT.

#352 8 years ago

anyone played much on 1.17? Interested in how BW and Wall MB JPs are different with the adjusted scoring... I'll post thoughts later but I am not that good to get lots of SJPs and be able to look up and watch my scores

#353 8 years ago

Played one game on GOT LE this evening at FPF. Plays very different from the pro. Having all inserts color changing is pretty awesome. Reserving judgment until I get more time on it.

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Glad to see people enjoying GOT.

You did say they will sell every got made

#355 8 years ago

I'm really enjoying the pro very much. I'm still surprised by what it offers considering it's a pro model.
Build quality is good, clear coat seems better than the past pros, light show, mechanical dragon, ramp protectors, drop targets, awesome sound. I'm also impressed with the simplicity of the spike system. Especially, when I found that you can dim the back box LEDs. I want to play the premium but so far I really like the pro. Maybe need both at some point?

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I'm really enjoying the pro very much.

Glad to have you back! Great seeing you at expo again.

Cheers

#357 8 years ago

#358 8 years ago

GOT pro is officially 24 hours out, roads and weather permitting. This is my 3rd stern NIB, with Tron and Metallica being the other 2. I feel 'as giddy as a little schoolgirl' as I get to play it for 5 days until I put it out on location

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

GOT pro is officially 24 hours out, roads and weather permitting. This is my 3rd stern NIB, with Tron and Metallica being the other 2. I feel 'as giddy as a little schoolgirl' as I get to play it for 5 days until I put it out on location

Lucky. Hoping to get mine Saturday. If I do get it then, I see very little sleep in my future. Haha

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hoping to get mine Saturday

maybe they are 'brothers' from the Stern factory line? I will tell you my machines DOB if you tell me yours? HA. I can't wait to really dig into this game finally, as I've only played it maybe 15 times.

#361 8 years ago

Went to two different places in Los Angeles this weekend to play GoT, and there were always people playing it! That's reassuring for the hobby, for sure.

#362 8 years ago

Found a GOT on location and will try it out tonight. Curious if it is as ugly in person as it is in photos.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Found a GOT on location and will try it out tonight. Curious if it is as ugly in person as it is in photos.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I will bring my belt sander. lol

#365 8 years ago

Waaaaaaay cooler looking in person.

#366 8 years ago

I was amazed how much better it looks in person. Not even close to as ugly as we all thought. The sideart is not that great though.

#367 8 years ago

I have to agree. In pics it looked hideous but in person I had absolutely no problem with the art package and thought it looked and played great. (both pro & le)

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I was amazed how much better it looks in person. Not even close to as ugly as we all thought. The sideart is not that great though.

It is on the LE.

#369 8 years ago

t-minus 2 hours............tick, tick, tick....

#370 8 years ago

ok, first of all. Lets remember this is just my opinion. No one has to agree with me. I went to go play the GoT Pro after work and shortly after my wife came to play as well. My wife is a HUGE Game of Thrones fan, she reads all the books and is glued to the tv when we watch.

Both my wife and my overall impression was "This is a piece of shit". My wife said, "who ever made this knows nothing about Game of Thrones". It feels cheap, sounds cheap and looks like something you would find at Toy's-R-Us next to a Zizzle. But hey, if you like it that's your opinion man!

Granted, I do think the LE has far more potential with it's upper playfield etc. But as for the Pro... no thanks. I had more fun playing the Swords Of Fury that was next to GoT and it was beat to death.

edit: As for "my opinion" I just have different taste when it comes to pinball. A sort of check list and GoT failed that list. If you like the machine... that is your opinion. Let the rest of us have our own opinion as well.

#371 8 years ago

Hmm, I have it and does not feel cheap at all. I have read all of the books, seen every episode as well. Sounds are great, hound is good. The target sounds could be improved, but comparing it to a zizzle is ridiculous. Great rules so far and will only get better.

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Hmm, I have it and does not feel cheap at all. I have read all of the books, seen every episode as well. Sounds are great, hound is good. The target sounds could be improved, but comparing it to a zizzle is ridiculous. Great rules so far and will only get better.

Just my opinion, man...

#373 8 years ago

I had more fun playing the Swords of Fury that was next to GoT and it was beat to death.

Seems you were at EightyTwo, right? I played the hell out of that SoF while waiting to play GoT.

I disagree with your impressions, but it's all good! Opinions being like buttholes and all.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Seems you were at EightyTwo, right? I played the hell out of that SoF while waiting to play GoT.
I disagree with your impressions, but it's all good! Opinions being like buttholes and all.

I was not at EightyTwo.

#375 8 years ago

I was not at EightyTwo.

Oh.

Well, uh, that's kinda cool that there are two places in the country with a GoT and a SoF - a beat up SoF, nonetheless! - right next to each other!

#376 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oh.
Well, uh, that's kinda cool that there are two places in the country with a GoT and a SoF - a beat up SoF, nonetheless! - right next to each other!

TJ, who operates a lot of games up in the Bay Area, also put his GoT next to a SoF, so I'm guessing it was probably his games.

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oh.

California is pretty big, and EightyTwo is about 400 miles away

#378 8 years ago

wow, just wow....--- this machine. did a few quick mods (plastic protectors and titan flipper and sling silicon rubber), and now I will go buy some beer for game #1. new balls, waxed, checked switches, running code 1.16? thought there was only 1.15 and 1.17? oh well.

enjoy

P1030217.jpgP1030217.jpg

P1030220.jpgP1030220.jpg

P1030235.jpgP1030235.jpg

#379 8 years ago

wow, just wow....--- this machine. did a few quick mods (plastic protectors and titan flipper and sling silicon rubber), and now I will go buy some beer for game #1. new balls, waxed, checked switches, running code 1.16? thought there was only 1.15 and 1.17? oh well.
enjoy

P1030217.jpg P1030220.jpg P1030235.jpg

Your quick mods are the same I plan to do. Enjoy!

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

TJ, who operates a lot of games up in the Bay Area, also put his GoT next to a SoF, so I'm guessing it was probably his games.

Yeah there is a SoF & GoT at Highlife in Oakland I believe.

#381 8 years ago

ok, first of all. Lets remember this is just my opinion. No one has to agree with me. I went to go play the GoT Pro after work and shortly after my wife came to play as well. My wife is a HUGE Game of Thrones fan, she reads all the books and is glued to the tv when we watch.
Both my wife and my overall impression was "This is a piece of shit". My wife said, "who ever made this knows nothing about Game of Thrones". It feels cheap, sounds cheap and looks like something you would find at Toy's-R-Us next to a Zizzle. But hey, if you like it that's your opinion man!
Granted, I do think the LE has far more potential with it's upper playfield etc. But as for the Pro... no thanks. I had more fun playing the Swords of Fury that was next to GoT and it was beat to death.
edit: As for "my opinion" I just have different taste when it comes to pinball. A sort of check list and GoT failed that list. If you like the machine... that is your opinion. Let the rest of us have our own opinion as well.

I totally respect your wrong opinion.

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I totally respect your wrong opinion.

#383 8 years ago

California is pretty big, and EightyTwo is about 400 miles away

It's just a hot co-inky-dink, I guess!

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I totally respect your wrong opinion.

Is there an echo in here?

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your quick mods are the same I plan to do. Enjoy!

thanks, enjoy yours this weekend. I LOVE THAT NEW GAME SMELL!

#386 8 years ago

Granted, I do think the LE has far more potential with it's upper playfield etc. But as for the Pro... no thanks. I had more fun playing the Swords of Fury that was next to GoT and it was beat to death.

Im curious what yours and your wife's interpretation of the show is vs the pin? Did you guys expect nudity, whores, and sex? cause despite popular belief, GOT is not about this. It's about money & the balance of power which from what ive read, the game does a good integration of. But i still have not seen or played one so take that as you will; just wondering what they missed as far as theme integration goes.

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im curious what yours and your wife's interpretation of the show is vs the pin? Did you guys expect nudity, whores, and sex? cause despite popular belief, GOT is not about this. It's about money & the balance of power which from what ive read, the game does a good integration of. But i still have not seen or played one so take that as you will; just wondering what they missed as far as theme integration goes.

I think the lack of imps is what did them in.

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I did expect an "adult" mode for the audio. However, as soon as I get my game and Pinball Browser can edit SPIKE games, well let's just say that The Hound will be eating every chicken in the room.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you guys expect nudity, whores, and sex?

Me personally, I expect this from ALL my pins. Bring on My Little Pony!!!!

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Me personally, I expect this from ALL my pins. Bring on My Little Pony!!!!

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The theme integration was her opinion, she is the big fan of the show/books and of course she did not expect whores and nudity. lol WTF. I judged the pin from a pinball perspective in terms of quality, art direction and gameplay. To sum up my "opinion" It felt cheap.

#392 8 years ago

The theme integration was her opinion, she is the big fan of the show/books and of course she did not expect whores and nudity. lol WTF. I judged the pin from a pinball perspective in terms of quality, art direction and game play. To sum up my "opinion" It felt cheap.

How did the gameplay feel cheap?

#393 8 years ago

Oh, and the Video Mode... What the hell was that. Who actually liked the video mode?

#394 8 years ago

you should have seen the old code version with stick figures Personally I love it especially as a tournament game with so many strategic choices you can make to play it and such but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Luckily plenty of great games at HL!

#395 8 years ago

Oh, and the Video Mode... What the hell was that. Who actually liked the video mode?

Mabey your wife hated it because she doesn't want you buying one ? Mabey she wants all the money and the power

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Mabey your wife hated it because she doesn't want you buying one ? Mabey she wants all the money and the power

Sounds like her. lol

#397 8 years ago

cool, congratulations on your marriage picard...but nobody gives a shit in the " GOT " thread. brag on..

bitch out..

mic dropped.

#398 8 years ago

cool, congratulations on your marriage picard...but nobody gives a shit in the " GOT " thread. brag on..
bitch out..
mic dropped

What the fuck are you talking about? I am not bragging about anything.

#399 8 years ago

Take it to the Basement fellas please don't start a negative back n forth on this thread.

#400 8 years ago

I think he is just drunk. I never made a personal insult towards the dude.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.