371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 144.
#3901 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

A tiny bit of bad news: you cannot stack WHC with Iron Throne. Even though it seems possible, since you can start the hurryup before starting Iron Throne, if you attempt to collect it during Iron Throne, it'll do nothing until it eventually times out on its own, then it's Iron Throne as usual. But what an awesome stack that would be...

Still very impressive that you actually got that set up.

#3902 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Speaking of stacks. I'm enjoying WHC with BW more than the WHC and Wall stack.

Definitely worth way more in my experience. But not sure it's worth much more than a double mode/BWMB stack. But definitely fun and strategic to get.

#3903 7 years ago

100% agreed. I only actively go for that stack now if I've already done my Greyjoy and Lannister modes. I generally don't do other double stacks unless I have Tyrell and Targaryen still to play. I've found stacking the other modes makes it harder, for me, to maximize them. This stack generally comes into play for me on the second round of BWMB which is perfect timing normally to finish it up and go into HOTK (I normally try to complete Tyrell after the first BWMB).

#3904 7 years ago

Got the inner art panels installed yesterday, looks great! Very immersive

innerart01 (resized).jpginnerart01 (resized).jpg

innerart02 (resized).jpginnerart02 (resized).jpg

innerart03 (resized).jpginnerart03 (resized).jpg

innerart04 (resized).jpginnerart04 (resized).jpg

#3905 7 years ago

New code 1.33 is unofficially downloadable -

f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/GOT_LE-1_33.spk

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-new-code-133-available-sort-of#post-3498486

#3906 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Curious, why do you play with Baratheon when doing this strategy?

Because I don't usually get Baratheon in my normal course of play. Me aiming at the drops usually ends badly

#3907 7 years ago

Question for fellow owners:

On my Pro, the GI leds in the return lane area flicker/go on and off quite often. It must be caused by the sockets and bulbs being pressed up against the lane guard plastic and the bulbs not making good contact. Usually hitting the flipper button on whichever side is misbehaving will cause enough vibration to make the light kick back on, or off again lol.

The socket bases are underneath the flipper mounting plates. I've tried messing with them a bit (without screwing around with the plates), but can't keep them solid working. Anyone else have this problem and resolve?

#3908 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Question for fellow owners:
On my Pro, the GI leds in the return lane area flicker/go on and off quite often. It must be caused by the sockets and bulbs being pressed up against the lane guard plastic and the bulbs not making good contact. Usually hitting the flipper button on whichever side is misbehaving will cause enough vibration to make the light kick back on, or off again lol.
The socket bases are underneath the flipper mounting plates. I've tried messing with them a bit (without screwing around with the plates), but can't keep them solid working. Anyone else have this problem and resolve?

Call Stern and get your node 8 board replaced. The early versions were a little wonky...I had to replace mine. The most obvious symptom was problems with the lower GI, and sometimes power to the flippers cut out completely for a couple seconds.

EDIT...just saw yours is a pro. Mine is an LE...might be different.

#3909 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Call Stern and get your node 8 board replaced. The early versions were a little wonky...I had to replace mine. The most obvious symptom was problems with the lower GI, and sometimes power to the flippers cut out completely for a couple seconds.
EDIT...just saw yours is a pro. Mine is an LE...might be different.

Guess it couldn't hurt to call. *I think* its the bulbs not making good contact in the sockets and was hoping I didn't have to remove the flipper mounting plates to get at them to re-align them better to the holes. Curious if anyone else had this happening.

#3910 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Guess it couldn't hurt to call. *I think* its the bulbs not making good contact in the sockets and was hoping I didn't have to remove the flipper mounting plates to get at them to re-align them better to the holes. Curious if anyone else had this happening.

I agree it's not the node board. One of my slingshot bulbs is flickering too. It's just bad contact. I think if it was the node board they all would be behaving the same.

#3911 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I read this part of your post as the lower GI going in and out, and happening with the flippers. This was the behavior with the bad node boards. If you've tinkered with the contacts and socket positions to no avail, I'd look into the node board issue if nothing else seems to help. There are only a few things that could cause that.

#3912 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I had the same issue with mine on the right inlane. I replaced the led bulbs with a couple I had inventory and haven't had a problem since.

#3913 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Speaking of stacks. I'm enjoying WHC with BW more than the WHC and Wall stack.

Thanks for posting this. While I've done it in the past, I typically go for WHC + Wall mb. But I focused on martell this weekend and used this stack a couple times with some great results. Even broke my previous martell champ with a 6.9 bil score thanks to it!

It's an exhilarating stack with martel and hammering super jps while winter has come knowing you have an add a ball at your disposal. Up until then, I didn't care too much for martel.

#3914 7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys.
I'll look to get some spare bulbs to try in those 4 sockets 1st, then proceed from there.

#3915 7 years ago

Fwiw:
As simple as this game appears on the outside, It has to be one of the best designs ever. It's so easy to clean and maintain, I love it! But not only that, I gave mine a way long overdo waxing Friday night. Played it the next day and holy hell it's so fast yet so smooth. Sometimes I procrastinate waxing newer pins cause it'll be near unplayable for the first week. But not with GOT, all the shots were just as good, if not better, at twice the speed. Kudos to S.R on this design. Simple, yet brilliant and effective. And that's my 2 cents of positive flow of input for the day

#3916 7 years ago

Well said dude. I have never seen a ball fly off a ramp or get airborne from hitting the orbits too fast on any Pro that I have played. (at least 5 different examples) I lose track of the ball and cannot keep up way before the ball goes off track from traveling too fast.

#3917 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Still very impressive that you actually got that set up.

To be fair, it wasn't intentional, but when I realized I was one away from WHC, and the fact that I had Iron Throne lit on ball 2 (meaning I could afford one stupid drain), I figured I had to try it out.

#3918 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Fwiw:
As simple as this game appears on the outside, It has to be one of the best designs ever. It's so easy to clean and maintain, I love it! But not only that, I gave mine a way long overdo waxing Friday night. Played it the next day and holy hell it's so fast yet so smooth. Sometimes I procrastinate waxing newer pins cause it'll be near unplayable for the first week. But not with GOT, all the shots were just as good, if not better, at twice the speed. Kudos to S.R on this design. Simple, yet brilliant and effective. And that's my 2 cents of positive flow of input for the day

It is my understanding that the penny pinchers at stern removed the upper playfield from S.R original design. So basically the pro is not what S.R. wanted but it did work out better.

#3919 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

It is my understanding that the penny pinchers at stern removed the upper playfield from S.R original design. So basically the pro is not what S.R. wanted but it did work out better.

No it didn't. Feels like half the game is missing every time I play it.

#3920 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I owned a LE & sold it & bought a Pro. Much better game IMO and the flow is much better then the LE.

#3921 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not at all, just a big chunk of stuff obstructing the view is gone, making the game much more playable and fun

#3922 7 years ago

I forgot how you set up and accomplish the different stacks. Can someone please list the different stacks and how to do them or links. I have the pro. Thanks

#3923 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I forgot how you set up and accomplish the different stacks. Can someone please list the different stacks and how to do them or links. I have the pro. Thanks

Outside of stacking modes with multiballs, the only stacks you can do are:

WHC multiball with Wall multiball. Done by getting the wall multiball ready at the dragon shot, starting your 4th WIC hurry up, shoot dragon to start wall multiball, then collect the 4th hurry up.

WHC multiball with Blackwater multiball. Done by getting your third lock lit for blackwater, starting your 4th WIC hurry up, shoot the lock shot to start blackwater multiball, then collect the WIC hurry up.

#3924 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Not at all, just a big chunk of stuff obstructing the view is gone, making the game much more playable and fun

You ought to cut away your playfields wherever you have a subway. Once that stuff obstructing the view is gone, it'll make the game much more enjoyable and fun.

In all seriousness, I don't have to see the ball at all times if there's no benefit to be gained by seeing it. The only thing blocking the ball is the upper playfield, and there's nothing going on but orbit underneath it. As opposed to WOZ, where the castle playfield is fine (same principle), but the munchkinland playfield blocks your view of the ball rolling out and you have a split second to use the upper flipper effectively.

Of course, the pro has much better flow because there's nothing there to stop the ball. Next time I'm selling a bare playfield and flippers, I'll keep you in mind.

#3925 7 years ago

So i was watching McSirTuna's replay on buffalo stream of GOTLE the other day. I noticed how when he had to make the right ramp he would always post pass to the left flipper then shoot it. It was driving me crazy! Backhanding the right ramp is easy peazy (on the pro) - do other LE owners, or pro owners even, NOT backhand the right ramp? Its one of the best shots in the game.

He was also backhanding the left flipper to left orbit shot to get the ball on his right flipper. This is far more riskier than just hitting the center ramp with the left flipper which on the pro is an awesome feel good shot and EASY. So again, do other pro owners or LE owners NOT shoot the center ramp with the left flipper? One of the things i absolutely love about this pin is the flow and combos and not having to do silly risky game tricks like that to get the ball on the reverse flipper which kills the flow and momentum of the game.

And Mike (McSirTuna) If you're reading, please dont take offense, ive played two LE's/PREM and had experienced the same issue of tough brick like shots like that; perhaps this an LE only feature? Other than that, McSirTuna - that game was awesome and i absolutely loved the ending, it was pitch perfect pinball streaming entertainment! Oh, and change your LOL back to factory you cheater just messing...great play while streaming and talking people through what you were doing, well done!

#3926 7 years ago

Every prem/LE I've played can have the right ramp backhanded pretty easily. However if it doesn't make it all the way up, it tends to be a more unfavorable reject than the pro.

I have also been able to hit the center ramp from the left flipper just fine on the prem and LE.

I have seen shots to the right ramp from both flippers get rejected by the sneeze guard though. That sucks.

#3927 7 years ago

I can backhand the right ramp from the right flipper on my premium no problem. Its a go to easy shot for me. Like backhanding the left orbit from the left flipper. Center (left) ramp is easy from the right flipper and fairly doable from the left. A bit tricky at times but not overly risky.

Still love the game. Its my favourite in my collection and has been for over a year. And while I do appreciate the pro, I think the premium is awesome. I actually really like the upper playfield and the added rules with collecting the castles and advancing modes up there.

#3928 7 years ago

wish someone would make an Updated speech pack, I am going to Download Pinball browser to learn the process and start some projects . I really respect the makers of the Pinball Browser greatly . What a contribution to the community

#3929 7 years ago

OK, on my premium I can backhand the right ramp and center ramp, no problem. But I have played numerous examples of both flavors and for some reason not all GOT's will let you shoot the center ramp from the left flipper. Not sure if it is a set-up issue, cleanliness issue, or if it is just the tolerances of the guides and stand-up targets, etc.

#3930 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Outside of stacking modes with multiballs, the only stacks you can do are:
WHC multiball with Wall multiball. Done by getting the wall multiball ready at the dragon shot, starting your 4th WIC hurry up, shoot dragon to start wall multiball, then collect the 4th hurry up.
WHC multiball with Blackwater multiball. Done by getting your third lock lit for blackwater, starting your 4th WIC hurry up, shoot the lock shot to start blackwater multiball, then collect the WIC hurry up.

Thanks for clarifying!

#3931 7 years ago

Center ramp and right ramp are going to be dependent on the game, not the version of the game.

Center ramp is identical for pro, prem and LE. If you can't shoot the ramp on the Prem/LE it's not because it is different. Just a mental block, and yes I get the mental block going a lot when I switch between versions.

Right ramp is steeper on the Prem/LE but is a longer shot on the Pro.

On my game I can shoot both ramps from either flipper pretty easily. I'm not going to get into the argument of what is the better game (pro vs Prem/LE) as that is going to be a personal decision just like the constant arguing in the MET threads on which is better there. Some like a more stripped down fast flowing game while other like a little more to things. I will say that with GOT, I'd just about be willing to bet most people don't fully understand the depth of strategy that the mini playfield brings into the game. I constantly hear that their isn't anything to do up there. That statement couldn't be more false. While their isn't a whole lot to do outside of modes while in a mode the mini PF can be quite helpful/lucrative.

I do really enjoy the pro but it does have one major flaw in it's coding which makes it much easier to play and score big on. If the feed from the right lane is friendly then back hand the left ramp all day long to get wall MB. It's almost as bad of an exploit as Hawkeye for Loki MB was on AV before the recent code changes.

#3932 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Center ramp and right ramp are going to be dependent on the game, not the version of the game.
Center ramp is identical for pro, prem and LE. If you can't shoot the ramp on the Prem/LE it's not because it is different. Just a mental block, and yes I get the mental block going a lot when I switch between versions.
Right ramp is steeper on the Prem/LE but is a longer shot on the Pro.
On my game I can shoot both ramps from either flipper pretty easily. I'm not going to get into the argument of what is the better game (pro vs Prem/LE) as that is going to be a personal decision just like the constant arguing in the MET threads on which is better there. Some like a more stripped down fast flowing game while other like a little more to things. I will say that with GOT, I'd just about be willing to bet most people don't fully understand the depth of strategy that the mini playfield brings into the game. I constantly hear that their isn't anything to do up there. That statement couldn't be more false. While their isn't a whole lot to do outside of modes while in a mode the mini PF can be quite helpful/lucrative.
I do really enjoy the pro but it does have one major flaw in it's coding which makes it much easier to play and score big on. If the feed from the right lane is friendly then back hand the left ramp all day long to get wall MB. It's almost as bad of an exploit as Hawkeye for Loki MB was on AV before the recent code changes.

You mean back hand the left orbit right for wall mb all day not ramp? The newest code resolved that by opening the orbit gate on all left loop shots after wall multiball.

I think both versions are great and find it a shame when people write this game off due to art or not understanding the rules. It really is one of sterns best IMO.

#3933 7 years ago

Collecting swords increases the combo multiplier available, right? Still trying to figure out all the rules, but I did make it to the Iron Throne wizard mode recently.

#3934 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think both versions are great and find it a shame when people write this game off due to art or not understanding the rules. It really is one of sterns best IMO.

Totally agree, i bought gotpro because of theme , good shots and the rules seemed very interesting, but MAN the game grown on me still. Where othets see a stripped down pf i saw a myriad of different strategies and combinations.

On my pro i usually backhand right ramp, but recently i often actually shoot it from the left flipper, as i have started to get that shot quantum cit...sorry, dialed in I mean

#3935 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's great but wall MB is worth nothing. I can't remember the last time I had a monster score where I even played wall multiball let alone scored well in it.

But you're right. Much easier to start that MB on the pro. Prem is much easier to collect extra balls and mystery awards.

#3936 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Collecting swords increases the combo multiplier available, right? Still trying to figure out all the rules, but I did make it to the Iron Throne wizard mode recently.

Yep. You're limited to 3x out the gate. Collect two swords to unlock 4 and 5x

#3937 7 years ago

On my Prem, I can very reliably backhand the left orbit but almost NEVER manage to intentionally backhand the right orbit. I flip the ball over to the left flipper and hit the right orbit that way. I wonder if its a timing issue for me, or a geometry issue on my copy of the pin.

#3938 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

On my Prem, I can very reliably backhand the left orbit but almost NEVER manage to intentionally backhand the right orbit. I flip the ball over to the left flipper and hit the right orbit that way. I wonder if its a timing issue for me, or a geometry issue on my copy of the pin.

Not possible to backhand the right orbit from a trap. We were talking only of the right ramp.

#3939 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not possible to backhand the right orbit from a trap. We were talking only of the right ramp.

In my opinion, it is slight variance in game construction. On my "old" pro I could backhand the right ramp at will. On the "newer" one, it is very rare for me to complete that shot.

I've seen similar variances in other games. Tron is a good example. It seems like a 16th of an inch difference in placing posts at the factory can really change gameplay. It's not a complaint. It's actually a bit of amazement that it makes every copy of a game play slightly differently.

#3940 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

On the "newer" one, it is very rare for me to complete that shot.

Yeah I've definitely had times where the success rate is much lower so I avoid it.

#3941 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I will say that with GOT, I'd just about be willing to bet most people don't fully understand the depth of strategy that the mini playfield brings into the game. I constantly hear that their isn't anything to do up there. That statement couldn't be more false. While their isn't a whole lot to do outside of modes while in a mode the mini PF can be quite helpful/lucrative.

This is so true. I'm always using the mini Playfield while in modes.

On my pre. I can backhand the right ramp occasionally, but it's an easier shot with a freshly waxed Playfield. I can hit the left ramp consistently with both flippers, and I can backhand the left orbit regularly too.

#3942 7 years ago

I can confirm through @randomkg that McSirTuna's right ramp is in fact NOT backhandable. The theory is that it is set up too steep. On my LE it's the 2nd easiest shot in the game.

#3943 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

OK, got it. Makes me feel a bit better!

#3944 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I can confirm through randomkg that McSirTuna's right ramp is in fact NOT backhandable. The theory is that it is set up too steep. On my LE it's the 2nd easiest shot in the game.

Yeah I would say with that being steeper on the prem to begin with combined with a steep PF, I can see that being next to impossible. I've played ones that the ball just barely makes it to the upper pf from a backhand so I guess those are just shallow enough pitch to get it there. That's how I'd set mine up honestly.

#3945 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This is so true. I'm always using the mini Playfield while in modes.

So if you hit the upper playfield shots while in a mode does it just increase the timer or does it actually count for mode shots?

What about multiball? Do you get jackpots for hitting lit shots up there? I completely ignore the upper pf in comp haha.

#3946 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So if you hit the upper playfield shots while in a mode does it just increase the timer or does it actually count for mode shots?
What about multiball? Do you get jackpots for hitting lit shots up there? I completely ignore the upper pf in comp haha.

Yea I seem to do my best on the LE when I ignore the upper pf. Hopefully Dwight has something in mind for it to be more lucrative and risk/rewarding.

#3947 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

In my opinion, it is slight variance in game construction. On my "old" pro I could backhand the right ramp at will. On the "newer" one, it is very rare for me to complete that shot.
I've seen similar variances in other games. Tron is a good example. It seems like a 16th of an inch difference in placing posts at the factory can really change gameplay. It's not a complaint. It's actually a bit of amazement that it makes every copy of a game play slightly differently.

That's crazy! I get that all machines play differently, but maybe try playing with your pitch levels? Also, are you using factory black rubbers or super bands or Titans or something else? I tried Titan reds on my pro and it turned my game to Sh*+

#3948 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It depends on the mode. For Stark and Targaryen it builds the value of the mode also. Stark adds time, then builds the value. Collecting Castles (the upper PF left mini loop) can be extremely valuable for the bonus. Don't spend too much time up there because you can't add more than 15 seconds via the three stand up targets (5 seconds for each target) to any mode.

#3949 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It depends on the mode. For Stark and Targaryen it builds the value of the mode also. Stark adds time, then builds the value. Collecting Castles (the upper PF left mini loop) can be extremely valuable for the bonus. Don't spend too much time up there because you can't add more than 15 seconds via the three stand up targets (5 seconds for each target) to any mode.

When you use the upper playfield to make mode shots will that reset the timers for combo multipliers on the lower playfield? If so, those rules up there can make the modes way easier to achieve massive mode scores. Interesting.

#3950 7 years ago

New code has dropped. Don't get too excited. No real substance to this one as far as game play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/79?hl=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.