371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 144.
#3751 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well considering the left orbit issues with the prem/LE I'd say it was feeding the pops each time.

Touche'

Quoted from markp99:

Not sure what you're talking about, Chuck? Left orbit issues, not here.

Same here. Gave up on waiting on a fix from Stern (other than a code change to remove the loop) and just drilled my mounting bracket out a little as suggested. Nice and smooth shots from their on out.

#3752 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Or it could be 7.5 mil a shot as well as he's increasing his bonus X with every 2 shots assuming they fall into the pops each time.

This ^^^. Every left orbit was feeding the upper lanes, so every two shots was bonus X.

On a very long ball 1 (two blackwater MB's), he took my advice on not disregarding spinner shots. The spinner was not very dialed at all, yet he was getting between 13-18M per spinner shot (un-multiplied). Live catch. Repeat.

#3753 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

This ^^^. Every left orbit was feeding the upper lanes, so every two shots was bonus X.
On a very long ball 1 (two blackwater MB's), he took my advice on not disregarding spinner shots. The spinner was not very dialed at all, yet he was getting between 13-18M per spinner shot (un-multiplied). Live catch. Repeat.

Dang it, you shared my super top secret strategy with him, now I wont be able to beat him if I ever have to play against him.

Because that is the reason he would beat me

#3754 7 years ago

I tried out some streaming from home on Saturday, and DANg during the 40 minutes I streamed I managed to get a new personal GC!
Did a very good Stark mode completion (on second attempt), and made it to hand of the King.

Managed to put up a video of the game:

Not near all the billions some of you guys are putting up, but I had a heck of a good time

Cheers!

#3755 7 years ago

Went to Game Galaxy yesterday and played a GOT pro for my first time. Loved it! Played maybe 10-15 games. Best I did was 300 million and obviously was hard to know exactly what I was doing. Did figure out how to get 2x PF going and finished house Martel once (I think). Spinner wasn't working so couldn't do anything with Baratheon if I remember right.

Seems to me without the cool coding of choosing the houses the game would be blah as there is not much to do except hit typical fan layout and I suppose that is why people rate it low. I can see how the game really shines in a home environment and I hope to get my hand on one soon. (Hopefully going to see an LE today if I can get it worked out)

#3756 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Went to Game Galaxy yesterday and played a GOT pro for my first time. Loved it! Played maybe 10-15 games. Best I did was 300 million and obviously was hard to know exactly what I was doing. Did figure out how to get 2x PF going and finished house Martel once (I think). Spinner wasn't working so couldn't do anything with Baratheon if I remember right.
Seems to me without the cool coding of choosing the houses the game would be blah as there is not much to do except hit typical fan layout and I suppose that is why people rate it low. I can see how the game really shines in a home environment and I hope to get my hand on one soon. (Hopefully going to see an LE today if I can get it worked out)

Who said GOT is rated low? Also I would get the Pro if I were you, because the general consensus is the Pro is better. Better game for less money......can't beat that!

#3757 7 years ago

Pro is less game for less money. To each his own.

#3758 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Pro is less game for less money. To each his own.

I need to find a premium that has a working left orbit and ram. Every one I've played has no left orbit and the ram is like hitting a brick wall. I would love to switch things up in the future to a premium but not till I can get time on a dialed in example. Having trouble finding one.

#3759 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need to find a premium that has a working left orbit and ram. Every one I've played has no left orbit and the ram is like hitting a brick wall. I would love to switch things up in the future to a premium but not till I can get time on a dialed in example. Having trouble finding one.

That makes a HUGE difference. Took me months to get mine dialed in to play as smooth as the pro. Ram is an issue on Pro and Prem/LE's but the left orbit was a huge miss by Stern. Getting it dialed in really is needed to maximize the fun of the game. Ball going into the pops all the time gets old.

I'd offer to let you play mine but that would be a bit of a drive.

If you know of a Prem/LE owner that is struggling with the orbit diverter tell them to bit the bullet and just drill out the mount a little bit. Doing so allows you to mount it further forward thus smoothing out the path. I tried nearly everything and finally did this and it solved my issues.

#3760 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That makes a HUGE difference. Took me months to get mine dialed in to play as smooth as the pro. Ram is an issue on Pro and Prem/LE's but the left orbit was a huge miss by Stern. Getting it dialed in really is needed to maximize the fun of the game. Ball going into the pops all the time gets old.
I'd offer to let you play mine but that would be a bit of a drive.
If you know of a Prem/LE owner that is struggling with the orbit diverter tell them to bit the bullet and just drill out the mount a little bit. Doing so allows you to mount it further forward thus smoothing out the path. I tried nearly everything and finally did this and it solved my issues.

Agree -- I never had a problem with my ram, it seems to register as it should (pretty much like a captive ball, requiring a good hit but nothing crazy). The left orbit was a pain, but fiddling with the diverter location and the top lane rubbers made a huge difference. I get most left orbits now -- not 100%, but I'd say 80-90%.

#3761 7 years ago

My left orbit shot is perfect with my shield bracket and lane post sleeves unless its a weak shot. A dialed in PREM/LE is lots of fun but when they are not dialed in, bleeeeeeh. How Stern rewrote the code to fix their hardware issues is really sad and to add injury to insult they left the left orbit option as a setting in the menus if you wanted to play the game how it was originally designed to be played.

#3762 7 years ago

Managed to get a new top score with house Greyjoy last night by turning my attempt at the WHC/Wall Super Stack into an accidental WHC/Wall/MidnightMadness Super-Ultra stack. The Midnight Madness portion of that craziness makes getting the super jackpots significantly more challenging since you can't tell which shots still need to be hit easily. (Had completed Stark and Martell, though I don't think I had any single Winter Is Coming hurry up score greater than around 80 million)

Had a total score of 4.3 billion. Not sure how much of it actually came from Winter Has Come / Midnight Madness, but it was less than 1.4 billion from the WHC portion as that was my WHC Champ score both previously and currently. (I had one WIC score of 300+ million the time that I racked up 1.4 billion in WHC)

btw... GOT kicks ass!

#3763 7 years ago

Just had a 950 million stark mode hahahaha. I only had like 4-5 more shots to get it to the max of 1.8 billion but I was too scared that my pf multipliers were going to expire.

Effing love this game.

#3764 7 years ago

Man I hope Stern release a decent update for GOT, what we have already is amazing but just needs a bit of flair on top

Any word on the horizon?

#3765 7 years ago

Hey, quick question, hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction ...

Location player sent me a text last night, "GoT Pro, left loop switch (Greyjoy) and dragon kickback are not working".

Went in today, sure enough, neither switches activate in test. Tech alerts list them both has out of service. Both are connected to Node board 10.

Any advice? I re-seated connectors on 10. Checked continuity between switch and the connector. Kinda stuck ... unless it just so happened that the loop switch died and the opto's died at the same time.

#3766 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Location player sent me a text last night, "GoT Pro, left loop switch (Greyjoy) and dragon kickback are not working".
Went in today, sure enough, neither switches activate in test. Tech alerts list them both has out of service. Both are connected to Node board 10.
Any advice? I re-seated connectors on 10. Checked continuity between switch and the connector. Kinda stuck ... unless it just so happened that the loop switch died and the opto's died at the same time.

Haven't heard of this before. I'd call stern.

#3767 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Node board 9 and 10 are the same part number, so you could swap them to troubleshoot the node board or the switch.

#3768 7 years ago

With power off, put a meter across the switch and see if the state changes when you click it. If it does, I'd say you could have a bad node board. Also see which connector on the MPU connects to that node board and try re-seating that.

#3769 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I will head to the location when it opens.

I'm pulling GB Pro from another location, so may grab a node board from it and put it in GoT.

GoT is crushing it in earnings right now ... hate for it to go down!

#3770 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Thanks for the suggestions. I will head to the location when it opens.
I'm pulling GB Pro from another location, so may grab a node board from it and put it in GoT.
GoT is crushing it in earnings right now ... hate for it to go down!

It crushes in cincy too! Glad to hear.

#3771 7 years ago

It was the common ground wire. Had come off up the chain. Had to clip a dozen cable ties to trace it, but glad it's working!

Thanks for the help.

#3772 7 years ago

Feels good to have finally cracked the eleven-digit barrier.

IMG_20161021_230336 (resized).jpgIMG_20161021_230336 (resized).jpg

#3773 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Damn son. Was that on location? Well done.

#3775 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Heck yea well done! What house? And that better be location or you're gonna get an earful for having the factory translite still in

#3776 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

My left orbit shot is perfect with my shield bracket and lane post sleeves unless its a weak shot.

I haven't fixed mine yet. Am I just supposed to remove the rubbers on the top lanes or also replace them with post sleeves? If sleeves, what size? Thanks!

#3777 7 years ago

Selling my pristine GOT LE. Original owner, purchased 1/16. < 200 plays. With shaker. Located in Villanova, PA. Asking $6,900 (or $7,250 with stern topper, alt translite, and modfather shooter rod).

#3778 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

#3779 7 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

I haven't fixed mine yet. Am I just supposed to remove the rubbers on the top lanes or also replace them with post sleeves? If sleeves, what size? Thanks!

If you check my GOT LE 311 thread I give an exact size as of now I can not remember. It is a coil sleeve with heat shrink around it. I wouldn't lave bare plastic to be abused by a steel ball IMO, seems like they would crack and break in the near future.

#3780 7 years ago

Okay, another weird thing going on with my GOTPre. The "spinner" is stopping horizontally--i.e., its parallel to the playfied. So, when you hit a ball up the lane it does under it, instead of hitting it because it's not hanging "vertically." It seems to be seated fine--spins around okay, although I'm not 100% sure whether the left side "wire" is supposed to be on top of the switch it pushes or under it.

In any case, I ended up "fixing" it by taping a dime to one side at the bottom. Now when a ball hits it the weight of the dime drags it back to a vertical position.

#3781 7 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Okay, another weird thing going on with my GOTPre. The "spinner" is stopping horizontally--i.e., its parallel to the playfied. So, when you hit a ball up the lane it does under it, instead of hitting it because it's not hanging "vertically." It seems to be seated fine--spins around okay, although I'm not 100% sure whether the left side "wire" is supposed to be on top of the switch it pushes or under it.
In any case, I ended up "fixing" it by taping a dime to one side at the bottom. Now when a ball hits it the weight of the dime drags it back to a vertical position.

You gotta bend the wires so that it's like a "u" so that the spinner is weighted to the bottom. I'm pretty sure that the wire is above the switch. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3782 7 years ago

Ball 3, only targaryan 3 left. Playing as Baratheon. Who thinks I can do it?
IMG_1211 (resized).JPGIMG_1211 (resized).JPG

#3783 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

nice score but the hardest part is coming.

#3784 7 years ago

I believe in you! Just got to IT for my first time yesterday

#3785 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This guy does!

#3786 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I believe in you! Just got to IT for my first time yesterday

Nice!!!!!

As for me..........

FAIL. not even initials

#3787 7 years ago

Gotta try again!

#3788 7 years ago

And just like that! ball 2 this time, targaryan 3 left. Playing as Baratheon again. Not that high of score. Going for IT more than multipliers and score. Can I pull it off this time!!??!!

IMG_1214 (resized).JPGIMG_1214 (resized).JPG

#3790 7 years ago

Drained on the final dragon shot! That kick back can be brutal!!! BUT.. it was ball 2.

IMG_1215 (resized).JPGIMG_1215 (resized).JPG

#3791 7 years ago

Rofl! You don't want to know what just happened epic fail!

#3793 7 years ago

Plunge. Tilt warning to save ball which I should have let drain and ball saver do its thing. Regaining ball control, side drain 2 secs after ball saver goes away, just after the grace period. Like I said, epic fail lol.

#3794 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Located in Villanova

F U

#3795 7 years ago

I had a great game today! Got to HOTK for my second time and scored 1.7B......Love this game

#3796 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Plunge. Tilt warning to save ball which I should have let drain and ball saver do its thing. Regaining ball control, side drain 2 secs after ball saver goes away, just after the grace period. Like I said, epic fail lol.

Come on dude. That's something I would do.

#3797 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Come on dude. That's something I would do.

yeah, i think we all did that at some point.

#3798 7 years ago

Alright mother truckers!!! Gave it one more shot while the wifey made dinner. Had to holler at her to take pictures cause you guys wouldn't believe me lol. But pulled it off as Baratheon, but didn't even make the HS table lol. I just wanted to play the mode. And I beat it at that!!! Second time I've beaten it.

IMG_1217 (resized).JPGIMG_1217 (resized).JPGIMG_1216 (resized).JPGIMG_1216 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPG

Now I can eat my dinner peacefully and happily. Big 'old grin!!

IMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPG

#3799 7 years ago

This game is bad ass

#3800 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Rofl! You don't want to know what just happened epic fail!

Stop taking pictures and just play the damn game! LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/76?hl=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.