371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 144.
#3701 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I just got mine yesterday! This one of the fastest pins I've ever played, & I've owned & played a bunch of fast pins! lol
Question. With the new code why can't I select what house I want to play as in the beginning? It goes to Stark as the default & I can not change it. Is there a setting in the menu?
Thanks,
Zamp

The change is in the menu, just switch off casual play

#3702 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

well at least the GOT will be less maintenance

With all that has been going on lately with NIB pins, I sure hope that you are right guntrooper! If it breaks though I'm going to make Chuckwurt fix it!

#3703 7 years ago

capguntrooper is correct. It's a setting in the menu.

#3704 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

With all that has been going on lately with NIB pins, I sure hope that you are right guntrooper! If it breaks though I'm going to make Chuckwurt fix it!

well at least you will get most your money back if you resell or trade up, not sure you could say the same with your girlfriend

#3705 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Be happy to. I've broken mine a bunch of ones already.

Congrats!! Good luck beating SKB's high score of like 30 billion on his Pro.

#3706 7 years ago

well at least you will get most your money back if you resell or trade up, not sure you could say the same with your girlfriend

If I could sell her for what she thinks she's worth that would be awesome! lol

#3708 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be happy to. I've broken mine a bunch of ones already.
Congrats!! Good luck beating SKB's high score of like 30 billion on his Pro.

Thank you, I cant wait to get it set up! I now have to spend another 550 bucks though. I gotta have a shaker obviously, and holy crap....have you seen the topper? That topper is awesome dude!!!

#3709 7 years ago

He just meant on current code. 1.29. Noting new, however I know Dwight wants to do more with this badboy!

#3710 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thank you, I cant wait to get it set up! I now have to spend another 550 bucks though. I gotta have a shaker obviously, and holy crap....have you seen the topper? That topper is awesome dude!!!

Not better than the toppers my step daughter bought me. But yeah it's cool. Saw one in action on a friend's LE and it's sweet.

#3711 7 years ago

Oh yeah, and I wont be beating SKB's high score or yours either. I am quite sure about that, because I suck lol.

#3712 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not better than the toppers my step daughter bought me. But yeah it's cool. Saw one in action on a friend's LE and it's sweet.

Send me a pic sometime, I'd like to see it.

#3713 7 years ago

Has anybody noticed the flippers getting weak at the end of a decent game?? Where its just more difficult to backhand the Stark ramp, as the flipper coils get hot and lose power..?
I've posted about my weak flippers before, and am having to fit fans to keep the coils cool. The reason I'm posting again is because I believe it could also be software related. My brother also has a GOT pro, and has been running version 1.02 for the last 8 months.!! Crazy scoring on that early software, HOTK was virtually worthless, but he could score over 20 bilion on the Wall Multiball.! Anyway, he never had a problem with his flipper coils and could play his machine for hours without any problem at all, but since he has recently updated to v1.29 he now has power loss when the flipper coils get hot, though not as bad as mine.
So surely the software has to be part of the problem here...? but if so, then surely some of you guys would experience a power loss as well? even though it may be slight. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this..

#3714 7 years ago
Quoted from ukwizardMike:

Has anybody noticed the flippers getting weak at the end of a decent game?? Where its just more difficult to backhand the Stark ramp, as the flipper coils get hot and lose power..?
I've posted about my weak flippers before, and am having to fit fans to keep the coils cool. The reason I'm posting again is because I believe it could also be software related. My brother also has a GOT pro, and has been running version 1.02 for the last 8 months.!! Crazy scoring on that early software, HOTK was virtually worthless, but he could score over 20 bilion on the Wall Multiball.! Anyway, he never had a problem with his flipper coils and could play his machine for hours without any problem at all, but since he has recently updated to v1.29 he now has power loss when the flipper coils get hot, though not as bad as mine.
So surely the software has to be part of the problem here...? but if so, then surely some of you guys would experience a power loss as well? even though it may be slight. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this..

I don't have any issues backhanding stark ramp or with flipper power.

#3715 7 years ago

Another thought I've had is that in the States you run 110v, but here in the UK it's 240v, so maybe that could make a difference ..

#3716 7 years ago

Got my GOT Pro set up and playing, and it is amazing! This is a must have Pin in my opinion for your collection. It's easily one of Sterns best Pins.

#3717 7 years ago

The change is in the menu, just switch off casual play

Thank you! That did the trick! It plays like a different pin now, many different strategies.
This is a sleeper pin for sure! I love how fast this pin plays! I just put up my best score yet.

IMG_20160929_203209581 (resized).jpgIMG_20160929_203209581 (resized).jpg

#3718 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Thank you! That did the trick! It plays like a different pin now, many different strategies.
This is a sleeper pin for sure! I love how fast this pin plays! I just put up my best score yet.

Nice score! I atill haven't even got 1 billion yet.Its a great game and im having a blast anyway!

#3719 7 years ago

i'm still wondering why this is sterns biggest current 'sleeper' pin amongst players. ghostbuster and kiss have nothing on this furious, fast, and strategic machine imo. happy flippin' friday!

#3720 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm still wondering why this is sterns biggest current 'sleeper' pin amongst players. ghostbuster and kiss have nothing on this furious, fast, and strategic machine imo. happy flippin' friday!

KISS and GB are pretty damn good games in their own right. Especially GB. So much going on it just screams at me to buy it to learn all the little nuances. I also this KISS is very strategic after this recent update.

But I agree, GOT kicks ass.

#3721 7 years ago

When GB was revealed it stole the spotlight from everything. It was a dream theme for many people, & it truly looks & sounds great!
GOT when it was released was also the dream theme for many, but the art work killed it's momentum right out of the gate. I was very critical of the art & didn't hide it in my comments on this forum. I basically wrote off GOT in my mind, & I believe many have.

When I played GOT(pro) for the 1st time I was blown away! So fast, so smooth, such great flow, & a different set of rules that requires some thought & strategy. Excellent ruleset!

I still feel the art is week, but it is easier on the eyes in person. The art is really the only negative on this pin. The gameplay, the rules, the sounds, & the call outs are all so good that you forget about the art. Heck the ball is moving so fast the only focus is trying to track it & lineup your next shot! In contrast to GB, which plays in my opinion below average(pro) & has a somewhat boring & repetitive ruleset.

GB is a good pin, but GOT is a Great pin!

#3722 7 years ago

I don't really think GOT is a sleeper because from what I understand they have sold a bunch of them. I think its far better than kiss but I'm not so sure about GB. I love GB!

#3723 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

KISS and GB are pretty damn good games in their own right. Especially GB

i agree, they are fun, but i wouldn't put them in the same category that GOT is in, IMO. Got just has magical flow IMO

Quoted from Zampinator:

When GB was revealed it stole the spotlight from everything. It was a dream theme for many people, & it truly looks & sounds great!

i agree, Ghostbusters was one of my favorite movies of all time as a kid. If i can find and play one that doesn't have airballs every 3rd shot i'd really enjoy it. the artwork, music, and tight shots are really great. i've only played 2 pros and 1 premium, and for once i would say the premium/le is actually by far the better model.

is it happy hour yet?

#3724 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

GOT when it was released was also the dream theme for many, but the art work killed it's momentum right out of the gate. I was very critical of the art & didn't hide it in my comments on this forum. I basically wrote off GOT in my mind, & I believe many have.
When I played GOT(pro) for the 1st time I was blown away! So fast, so smooth, such great flow, & a different set of rules that requires some thought & strategy. Excellent ruleset!
I still feel the art is week, but it is easier on the eyes in person. The art is really the only negative on this pin. The gameplay, the rules, the sounds, & the call outs are all so good that you forget about the art. Heck the ball is moving so fast the only focus is trying to track it & lineup your next shot! In contrast to GB, which plays in my opinion below average(pro) & has a somewhat boring & repetitive ruleset.
GB is a good pin, but GOT is a Great pin!

Well said!
I cringe anytime I see a GOT PRO on location or someone's collection with the factory translite. So hideous! It's worth the $150 or whatever to get an alt translite or even put the premium translite in. GOT PRO translite is easily a top 10 ugliest translite ever candidate. So thankful T-800 has talents to give us a sweet hand drawn one.

#3725 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well said!
I cringe anytime I see a GOT PRO on location or someone's collection with the factory translite. So hideous! It's worth the $150 or whatever to get an alt translite or even put the premium translite in. GOT PRO translite is easily a top 10 ugliest translite ever candidate. So thankful T-800 has talents to give us a sweet hand drawn one.

I think the Premiums translite is actually pretty nice. I wonder if it would look ok on the pro? I would think that it would.

#3726 7 years ago

IMHO, GOT>KISS>GB. I liked GB a lot when it first came out. Put at least 200 games on it and I like it a lot less now.

#3727 7 years ago

I dare you to post this in the GB mess of an owners thread. Haha

#3728 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the Premiums translite is actually pretty nice. I wonder if it would look ok on the pro? I would think that it would.

I agree. Of the three versions, I like the Premium's translite and color scheme the best, even more so than the LE. And I don't think the Premium's playfield artwork is bad at all. No, it's not GB hand-drawn stuff, but I think the colors, textures and toys integrate extremely well with the GI and flashers.

#3729 7 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

I agree. Of the three versions, I like the Premium's translite and color scheme the best, even more so than the LE. And I don't think the Premium's playfield artwork is bad at all. No, it's not GB hand-drawn stuff, but I think the colors, textures and toys integrate extremely well with the GI and flashers.

Can you purchase one of these translites from Stern? If so I wonder how much it would cost?

#3730 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Can you purchase one of these translites from Stern? If so I wonder how much it would cost?

Check with a distributor. I'd be curious to see pics of a Prem translite in a pro. Too bad there isn't a standard LE art style translite to sell 2nd hand.

#3731 7 years ago

GOT does kick ass! I really like my alternate translight, makes the art on the playfield tolerable. Wait until they release a code update if ever and this game will be one of the best in the rule set and strategy department, not that it already isn't, but even better.

#3732 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

GOT does kick ass! I really like my alternate translight, makes the art on the playfield tolerable. Wait until they release a code update if ever and this game will be one of the best in the rule set and strategy department, not that it already isn't, but even better.

This game definitely kicks ass! I just got mine a few days ago so im still in the honeymoon phase, but I honestly believe that I like it every bit as good as my Walking Dead machine. I am super happy with it so far. I do have a June playfield though and that has me a little nervous, but I have 100 games on it so far and there's no ghosting or any other issues yet.

#3733 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game definitely kicks ass! I just got mine a few days ago so im still in the honeymoon phase, but I honestly believe that I like it every bit as good as my Walking Dead machine. I am super happy with it so far. I do have a June playfield though and that has me a little nervous, but I have 100 games on it so far and there's no ghosting or any other issues yet.

I hear ya, I have a KISS LE and GOT LE. I hope there are no issues when I get back from deployment.

#3734 7 years ago

I hear ya, I have a KISS LE and GOT LE. I hope there are no issues when I get back from deployment.

Were your playfields made around the same time that they were having problems also? I kinda figured that I would get an older playfield when I bought my game so I wasn't too concerned about it. I was surprised when I seen June 2016 stamped on it. Im sure that there were alot of good playfields made during those months also, and it does seem like the majority of the problems are with GB and Spiderman VE. Im keeping my fingers crossed and not too worried about it either because I believe Stern will do the right thing and replace it if it is of bad quality.

#3735 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im keeping my fingers crossed and not too worried about it either because I believe Stern will do the right thing and replace it if it is of bad quality.

haha

#3736 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Were your playfields made around the same time that they were having problems also? I kinda figured that I would get an older playfield when I bought my game so I wasn't too concerned about it. I was surprised when I seen June 2016 stamped on it. Im sure that there were alot of good playfields made during those months also, and it does seem like the majority of the problems are with GB and Spiderman VE. Im keeping my fingers crossed and not too worried about it either because I believe Stern will do the right thing and replace it if it is of bad quality.

Just the mini play field on GOT. Been replaced before I left I just hope it is with a good one. As far as Stern NIB goes I am giving them a break and will revisit year old pins from them and see how their PF's hold up before I buy a NIB. Better safe than sorry IMO.

#3737 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

On GOT it really doesnt matter how the translite looks or the cabinet. Once you launch that ball you can only focus on the game itself and conclude after you finish, GOT kicks ass!!

#3738 7 years ago

I really hope for the sake of LE owners that dwight/stern doesn't abandon GOT code. I played a GOTLE over the weekend and had a blast. But, I only did good when I ignored the upper playfield scoring in a 2.5 bil tyrell score on a minimal registering ram. Holy hell the upper playfield is completely useless and takes away almost all flow momentum. It's a great mini pf and very fun, but integration of it is very poor. Don't give me any excuses about castle multiball either; not enough reward or incentive to go for it. I hope dwight can utilize it better cause as of now it's very weakly coded and slows down the game and fun immensly. Light show and art were awesome on the LE! By far best art package and rightfully so.

Dwight/Steve/stern, if you're reading, please don't abandon this game.

And for the Pinside gossip group; why do I think code will get abandoned? Cause dwight has too much on his plate. Currently coding Ghostbusters which is long overdo for an update too. And with Steves next pin around the corner dwight will probably have to start on it soon. Another typical non-lyman pin getting left in the dark, but lucky for us Dwight kicks ass and at least gave us a solid core of rules....Except that darned mini pf.

Ok rant over

#3739 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Except that darned mini pf.
Ok rant over

the mpf has more to it, im sure you know. Besides, it is not always about getting the most points its also about variety. Im always happy to get the ball up there.
But yes, it could use more purpose.. its too beautiful to leave it just as it is right now

#3740 7 years ago

They can fix all the problems with the mini playfield by just pausing shot and PF multipliers while you are up there. I enjoy the mini PF but for the same reason you mention I often let the ball drain out of it as the PF or shot X's are more important most of the time. I love how you can get credit for mode shots up there and the Castle MB though.

By pausing the timer on the mini PF it would add strategy of sending balls up their during MB's to in an effort to maximize your multiplier timers.

Another option would be to make the castle collect shot equivalent to a ram shot so you can progress playfield X up their too.

#3741 7 years ago

The mini PF gets a bum rap. Capturing castles during modes on the mini PF is 7.5 million bonus per castle for the rest of the game. 7 house castles x 7.5 = 52.5 million base, x end of ball multiplier. For example, capturing 7 castles on ball 1 with a average bonus 10x multiplier x 3 balls can be 1.57 billion points.

I agree on the castle collections up to castle MB outside of modes - its a bit different place to play, but not worth score.

I don't mind the mini continued clock. A PF timer is usually in MB anyway - tough to pause a timer, when balls are on both mini and main PF.

I like the updated code for more mode time . That was an early bitch I had - it cost too much time and missed mode shots to stay up there. Combo multipiers timed out, lose Tyrell multipliers, no reward there. But now, during modes, helps on bonus, mode timer add and mode hits. Before that update, I agree, it was drop to main PF asap.

#3742 7 years ago

I didn't realize the castle collects were multiplied as part of the bonus X. That is pretty valuable in a long ball.

It would be fairly easy to pause the timers though. For each switch hit the timer is paused for 2 seconds. If you aren't hitting switches up their the timer keeps going but if you are hitting shots it's basically paused. Kind of like the pop bumper timer pause in most games.

In modes, I also will often go up their to get some extra time when a modes is getting close and I'm not ready to complete it. I think I'll focus more on getting castles though to exploit those points.

#3743 7 years ago

So I finally got to Iron Throne. Wow what a game. So fun. Not going to spoil it but I really enjoyed how that is coded!!

IMG_0103 (resized).JPGIMG_0103 (resized).JPG

IMG_0105 (resized).JPGIMG_0105 (resized).JPG

#3744 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So I finally got to Iron Throne. Wow what a game. So fun. Not going to spoil it but I really enjoyed how that is coded!!

Yes! Congrats. It is a very excellent mode. All the multiballs and wizard modes in this game are done so great rules-wise.

#3745 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

the mpf has more to it, im sure you know. Besides, it is not always about getting the most points its also about variety. Im always happy to get the ball up there.
But yes, it could use more purpose.. its too beautiful to leave it just as it is right now

Sometimes I think the segregation of features between different models must be a royal PITA for the programmers. And it shows when the extra features are not always fleshed out the best in the code. Take the ACDC mini playfield for example. It's the poster child for 'lack of purpose' because it integrates so poorly into the scoring. Maybe there's some obscure strategy where it is more fun, but I've never seen it. The spinners on MET finally got a minor scoring rule in the last update. You see the pattern here....

Rob

#3746 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I didn't realize the castle collects were multiplied as part of the bonus X. That is pretty valuable in a long ball.
It would be fairly easy to pause the timers though. For each switch hit the timer is paused for 2 seconds. If you aren't hitting switches up their the timer keeps going but if you are hitting shots it's basically paused. Kind of like the pop bumper timer pause in most games.
In modes, I also will often go up their to get some extra time when a modes is getting close and I'm not ready to complete it. I think I'll focus more on getting castles though to exploit those points.

Yeah, I watched Cayle George camp out on left orbit, live catch, repeat during Belgian Pinball Open finals after he had two castles. Essentially 7.5M per shot, and completely safe based on how the R orbit fed back to the flipper.

#3747 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Yeah, I watched Cayle George camp out on left orbit, live catch, repeat during Belgian Pinball Open finals after he had two castles. Essentially 7.5M per shot, and completely safe based on how the R orbit fed back to the flipper.

Now I'm confused again haha. How was he getting 7.5 mil a shot from hitting the left orbit? I thought castles applied to end of ball bonus only? Do you mean he was hitting left orbit to feed the top lanes and up his bonus X?

#3748 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now I'm confused again haha. How was he getting 7.5 mil a shot from hitting the left orbit? I thought castles applied to end of ball bonus only? Do you mean he was hitting left orbit to feed the top lanes and up his bonus X?

Precisely. Shoot left orbit to feed the bumpers and build your bonus X. The 7.5mil a shot would just be from the value of the spinner (my assumption here). Sounds like he hadn't hit a lot of drops yet to only be getting that amount of value out of it.

Or it could be 7.5 mil a shot as well as he's increasing his bonus X with every 2 shots assuming they fall into the pops each time.

#3749 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Precisely. Shoot left orbit to feed the bumpers and build your bonus X. The 7.5mil a shot would just be from the value of the spinner (my assumption here). Sounds like he hadn't hit a lot of drops yet to only be getting that amount of value out of it.
Or it could be 7.5 mil a shot as well as he's increasing his bonus X with every 2 shots assuming they fall into the pops each time.

Well considering the left orbit issues with the prem/LE I'd say it was feeding the pops each time.

#3750 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well considering the left orbit issues with the prem/LE I'd say it was feeding the pops each time.

Not sure what you're talking about, Chuck? Left orbit issues, not here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.