Topic Stats

• 6,314 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 770 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg
15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg

There are 6314 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 127.
#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How did you wire the external sub on your GoT? Did you go from the line out of the cpu board or the main cabinet speaker? How did you route the wire outside of the cabinet?
Rob

I should try markp99's method. But i went old school from what i know and hooked up speaker cables directly to the sub inside the cabinet. Ran the wire through an air grill in the back of the cab and down to the external sub.

Markp99:
I'll pop open my GOT tonight - but are you saying you run a headset cable directly from the board to the front of the game to go with headphones? so no need to buy the pinnovators head set kit unless i want an inlet on the coindoor? I may try this as i need a headset at night so not to disturb the house when everyone is sleeping.

#3552 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

On My GoT, I connected a 1/8" audio jack to the CPU board, down thru the backbox and exited thru the bottom of the cabinet via one of the mesh vent holes and connected to my sub. Nice and easy.
This approach would permit me to also connect headphones if I so desired.

Wouldn't using the audio jack from the MPU run all the sound to the sub? how does the game sound still come out of the speakers? I guess that audio jack on the MPU is only in relation to the sub related tones?

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I should try markp99's method. But i went old school from what i know and hooked up speaker cables directly to the sub inside the cabinet. Ran the wire through an air grill in the back of the cab and down to the external sub.
Markp99:
I'll pop open my GOT tonight - but are you saying you run a headset cable directly from the board to the front of the game to go with headphones? so no need to buy the pinnovators head set kit unless i want an inlet on the coindoor? I may try this as i need a headset at night so not to disturb the house when everyone is sleeping.

Yes, you can connect headphones directly to the backbox - The Pinovators kit is still good for two reasons:

1. External headphone volume control - otherwise the headphone volume control is in the game settings
2. External main speaker volume control - no need to open the coin door

It comes with a sub out, so you can directly connect a sub as well.

#3554 3 years ago

I also just connected the subwoofer to the bottom cabinet speaker like I do for all the games.

For headphones, I opted for simplicity and an under $10 cost. I used a 1/8" extension cable that is plugged into the jack in the backbox and runs to the front of the cabinet. I removed the plastic cover for the unused button hold. I drilled a hole in that plastic cover, inserted the female end of the cable and added hot glue to the back. Replace the cover and done.

I'll open the coin door to manually adjust volume when I use headphones instead of paying $100. Does Pinnovators fully work on Spike systems? I thought there was still a need to open the coin door for some volume control?

got_jack_2_(resized).jpg

got_jack1_(resized).jpg

#3555 3 years ago

Is that Sade in the background? ^^^^^^ I also see Pretenders, and maybe Toto?

That's a good idea on the headphone jack.

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Is that Sade in the background? ^^^^^^ I also see Pretenders, and maybe Toto?

Good eye! We've got lots of albums on the walls for sure.

20160213_182623_(resized).jpg

20160213_182756_(resized).jpg

20160213_182706_(resized).jpg

#3557 3 years ago

I can't seem to find it. Anyone able to clarify the spinner rules? I finally started to pay attention to the spinner a couple days ago when I wound up at a point that I was getting 20 million a shot to the spinner. I thought it was the drops that increased it but it looks like it may coincide with the bonus X.

Also - Dwight, if you are still reading these. PLEASE fix the bug where LOL doesn't register when a tilt warning happens. That is so frustrating.

#3558 3 years ago

On my machine, the tournament button slot is occupied by a relocated Power button. My cable/connector is routed out the bottom of the cabinet via one of the vent holes to the SUB beneath my machine.

I do note that connecting the 1/8" audio cable to the motherboard does NOT disable audio to the cabinet speakers. I suppose this would imply that headphones connected via the same connector would also NOT disable the normal speakers - unless I set speaker volume = 0 via settings, which is not terribly convenient.

I hate headphones, so not an issue for me anyway.

324179c49eab84a2c1b6f4bf2795134418b928b1.png_(resized).jpg

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I can't seem to find it. Anyone able to clarify the spinner rules? I finally started to pay attention to the spinner a couple days ago when I wound up at a point that I was getting 20 million a shot to the spinner. I thought it was the drops that increased it but it looks like it may coincide with the bonus X.

So, the spinner has 4 levels. To advance from level one to level 2, knock the drops down 3 times. Unsure about advancing to levels 3 and 4, but probably same deal. You will know you are at level 4 via the instant info or the spinner makes a high pitch metal hitting metal sound when you are there and the DMD says level 4 while it is spinning.

Now, the value that the spinner is accumulating is AFTER all PF multipliers. Only the PF multipliers affect the spinner. So, if you have a level 4, juiced spinner at 5x playfield and can get 4-5 good rips on it, you can get a around a billion points. This is my go to move if I am in purgatory before HOTK, and have already used my add a ball, and I want to go into HOTK with my add a ball on my next ball.

Also, if you drain, the spinner level goes back to 1.

#3560 3 years ago

Pinnovators will work on Spike

#3561 3 years ago

Ah remember how much spinner fun we had before the LOL changed

#3562 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah remember how much spinner fun we had before the LOL changed

haha. Well at least you got to enjoy it a little. I didn't know about it until it was nerfed.

#3563 3 years ago

Well not off to a good start. I have no LEDs in the back lit and some of the flashers aren't working. I was also playing a game made left orbit shot and the whole game powered down.

#3564 3 years ago

Here are photos of the lights out any suggestions on what went wrong

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3565 3 years ago

Probably a bad node board. Go down there and reseat all the connections on the board

EDIT: If GOT has 2 of the same Node boards you can swap them see if it fixes it and ruins something else. If it does have 2 you'll need to take note of the dip switches on it as they are diff'rent for diff'rent locations (Addresses).

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably a bad node board. Go down there and reseat all the connections on the board
EDIT: If GOT has 2 of the same Node boards you can swap them see if it fixes it and ruins something else. If it does have 2 you'll need to take note of the dip switches on it as they are diff'rent for diff'rent locations (Addresses).

Completely new to the spike system can you point me to where the node boards are.

#3567 3 years ago

I bet you have a cable under the playfield that is disconnected. My backboard lights were out on my LE, and it was a cable not connected under the PF.

#3568 3 years ago

I just looked everywhere for lose wires I had the pop bumbers on for a minute but went out again.

#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I just looked everywhere for lose wires I had the pop bumbers on for a minute but went out again.

yea, check the cable connections under the pf - if memory serves correctly, the connector youre looking for is at the lower part of the playfield (closer to the flippers). I had mine go out once after working under the hood and that was the culprit. It might even be the cable that brushes up next to the lockbar latches.

#3570 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Completely new to the spike system can you point me to where the node boards are.

This is if you can;t find a smoking gun of a connector pulled apart...

Should be right in the middle underneath the PF...it's pretty obvious as it's the only "big" thing down there with connections. Basically, they've taken over your "J101..." etc on older driver boards. Pretty similar as one "section" of everything will be dead if that connector/area is dead. Each connector controls a diff'rent set of things. So that's what i mean pulling all those out and (blowing on them basically) and reconnecting...to see it that helps.
You can look in the manual, well online manual, and it will tell you what part of the board does what. So like "back lights" & "ball release" will be on "Node board 8-3" or whatever the real things are. That would indicate problems in that area...not like the old days of getting the soldering iron out...you just call them and send it back for a new one.

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

yea, check the cable connections under the pf - if memory serves correctly, the connector youre looking for is at the lower part of the playfield (closer to the flippers). I had mine go out once after working under the hood and that was the culprit. It might even be the cable that brushes up next to the lockbar latches.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think it's a bad board the pop bumbers are completely out the upper switches leading to the pop bumpers are out, the left loop switch causes the game to reset.

#3572 3 years ago

OK, reading your post made me realize just how little I know about Spike games, and that is bad since I am a GOT premium owner. I downloaded the manual and studied it a bit. You GI problem is related to node bd 10, which is in the bottom left hand corner with the playfield raised.

#3573 3 years ago

Same node bd as well for the left loop switch and the top rollovers.

#3574 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, reading your post made me realize just how little I know about Spike games, and that is bad since I am a GOT premium owner. I downloaded the manual and studied it a bit. You GI problem is related to node bd 10, which is in the bottom left hand corner with the playfield raised.

Yes I think you are right I inspected board #10 made sure everything was plugged in and not loose. Still having issues.

#3575 3 years ago

And of course it's Friday night and I unable to contact anyone and the game sits for the weekend.

#3576 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

And of course it's Friday night and I unable to contact anyone and the game sits for the weekend.

Yeah that sucks ass.

#3577 3 years ago

I would try re-seating all the connectors on that bd. There is also a 7amp slo blo fuse on that bd.

#3578 3 years ago

Just read your other post. Bummer.

#3579 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Well at least your game isn't out of commission because you cannot install a fucking mod!! Haha.

#3580 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I would try re-seating all the connectors on that bd. There is also a 7amp slo blo fuse on that bd.

I noticed the fuse can you replace them?

#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well at least your game isn't out of commission because you cannot install a fucking mod!! Haha.

I'm sorry what mod are you trying to install? Just want to avoid it once I get mine up and running.

#3582 3 years ago

Back to the Iron Throne!

So much for a quick game. LOL

I've ignored the machine for the last week while bringing an Eight Ball back to life. Played as Martell, factory settings, 3 ball, replay.

I believe I needed 2-3 shots to complete the last castle in the Iron Throne mode. I had one shot left and then, I imagine, the battering ram.

Has anyone in here completed Iron Throne?

Iron Throne (resized).jpg

#3583 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Back to the Iron Throne!
I've ignored the machine for the last week while bringing an Eight Ball back to life. Played as Martell, factory settings, 3 ball, replay.
I believe I needed 2-3 shots to complete the last castle in the Iron Throne mode. I had one shot left and then, I imagine, the battering ram.

Yep. « Spoiler! Click to reveal.And there's absolutely no callout or fanfare, so you'd honestly barely that know you did. But I do wonder how many of the minor cities you can go through, and what happens when *those* end? »

#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Yep. « Spoiler! Click to reveal. »

A tutorial, please, on how to do this click to read thing. It's pretty cool.

#3585 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Back to the Iron Throne!

Nice!

If you get bored of reaching IT in the next couple weeks and want to sell, LMK

#3586 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Back to the Iron Throne!

Nice job!

I've completed once on current code. It definitely needs a special light show extravaganza and dramatic effect when completed. Other than that, it's a great mode!

#3587 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've completed once on current code. It definitely needs a special light show extravaganza and dramatic effect when completed. Other than that, it's a great mode!

I haven't been there yet. Lately I've been hooked on GB.

Rob

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I haven't been there yet. Lately I've been hooked on GB.
Rob

How have air balls been on your GB PRO? Sounds like the le is really bad. The one and only pro I played (on location) and had crazy air balls.

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How have air balls been on your GB PRO? Sounds like the le is really bad. The one and only pro I played (on location) and had crazy air balls.

It has airballs for sure and most of those are from the left ramp. Part of the design issue is that the ramp flap extends past the targets at the ramp entrance. If you look at the right ramp on GoT for example, the ramp flap is short and is behind the targets = no airballs. One other issue is that like GoT, the flippers are just too strong. I really wish there was a separate power setting for the flippers on SPIKE games. Setting coils to 'soft' just isn't enough. Even the auto launcher is too strong on GB and mis-launches the ball because of that.

I never had airball issues with GoT, but certainly lock issues still with hitting the lock ramp too hard. I have GB and GoT both at 7 degree pitch because of the strong coils.

Rob

#3592 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.Remove the space between the word 'spoiler' and the brackets. < spoiler >< /spoiler > »

Spoiler! I still don't know WTF I'm doing...

#3593 3 years ago

Boom! Did this tonight on my premium. Managed this score without even getting to Iron Throne. This game had some awesome moments like an 800M Martell mode, a WHC/Wall MB super stack, 2 Black Water MB's, and a very long Hand of the King. I also finally had what chuckwurt has talked about on the max spinner. I had it maxed and had 5x playfield. I made a weak backhand shot to the spinner that scored around 90M and was like Whoa! I then got a trap on the right flipper and nailed the spinner for over 300M. That was incredible!

I had every house completed except for Baratheon, the easiest one. I was wailing on the drops to try to get it lit when I drained. I knew I shouldn't have passed on it earlier in the game when I had the chance.

GOT GC (resized).jpg

#3594 3 years ago

Got to HOTK just now for the first time, pretty cool, and only the second time I've got WIC going. Only scored about 1.75 billion, drained way to fast, but it was a rush. Getting that playfield multiplier up really is the key to big points on this pin.

#3595 3 years ago

OK, it's going to take someone much smarter than me to figure out the spinner logic. Did some glass off testing and here are the results. Some unexpected findings:
- Ball 2 and Ball 3 started higher but didn't progress as fast
- Bonus X does play a factor starting at 11 and higher but not as much as I thought
- Spinner increases by drop hit, not just banks completed. I thought it was by bank.
- On ball one it takes 30 targets to hit 1 million points per spin (without any PF X's)
- Points start to really come in at 15 targets (5 banks)

***Second % change is for ball 2 starting point.

Untitled (resized).jpg

#3596 3 years ago

Weirdest thing happened when playing on GOTPre last night. Started as Baratheon, got two balls locked, think I finished Baratheon (only house beaten) and was ready to start Wall MB. Then, suddenly, a three ball multiball starts all by itself--no "stop," no flashy lights, no call outs--just three balls start going. Then somehow I started Wall multiball and had six balls going--then locked ball 3 for BW. For the next ten minutes or so, with the long ball saves I used, I had at least between 3-6 balls in play at any one time. Ended up scoring 842 million on that one ball and of course only added 20 million more at game end.

My question is: What could have started that random first "unearned" multiball? (No, it wasn't Midnight Madness)I wonder whether there was a 3-pop-bumper combination that started one?

#3597 3 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Weirdest thing happened when playing on GOTPre last night. Started as Baratheon, got two balls locked, think I finished Baratheon (only house beaten) and was ready to start Wall MB. Then, suddenly, a three ball multiball starts all by itself--no "stop," no flashy lights, no call outs--just three balls start going. Then somehow I started Wall multiball and had six balls going--then locked ball 3 for BW. For the next ten minutes or so, with the long ball saves I used, I had at least between 3-6 balls in play at any one time. Ended up scoring 842 million on that one ball and of course only added 20 million more at game end.
My question is: What could have started that random first "unearned" multiball? (No, it wasn't Midnight Madness)I wonder whether there was a 3-pop-bumper combination that started one?

Weird. no way I know of to start a multiball and then start wall while another MB is running. Sounds like a bug to me.

#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

I guess it's possible their was a through issue. I've had it spit out 2 balls before but never up to 3. That is very odd behavior though as the only MB I'm aware of that you can stack is WHC and that can only be done if you start a hurry up, start the other MB and then get your last hurry up to start WHC before it times out.

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I guess it's possible their was a through issue. I've had it spit out 2 balls before but never up to 3. That is very odd behavior though as the only MB I'm aware of that you can stack is WHC and that can only be done if you start a hurry up, start the other MB and then get your last hurry up to start WHC before it times out.

Agreed. This is very hard to do on accident too so it seems something was not working properly when this happened.

#3600 3 years ago

Has anyone picked up a NIB GOT in the last few weeks. There was a run not long ago so I was curious about ghosting problems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 11.95
There are 6314 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside