371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 144.
#301 8 years ago

A guy in our league this week played a single mode that ended up being worth 1.5B alone. Sorry, I don't know which house it was.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A guy in our league this week played a single mode that ended up being worth 1.5B alone. Sorry, I don't know which house it was.

I bet you could get close to 2 bills if you could get 5x playfield, Tyrell shot multipliers and max those out as well. Isn't the max multiplied shot 25x? How high does the stark base jackpot go? 75 million? That will get you there for sure.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bet you could get close to 2 bills if you could get 5x playfield, Tyrell shot multipliers and max those out as well. Isn't the max multiplied shot 25x? How high does the stark base jackpot go? 75 million? That will get you there for sure.

Maybe Tyrell multipliers should not be constantly lit? Sounds like it's too lucrative compared to some of the other modes.

Rob

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe Tyrell multipliers should not be constantly lit? Sounds like it's too lucrative compared to some of the other modes.
Rob

That or have the combo red arrows time out quicker. I don't really think a combo should count if you have time to brick three or four times, trap up, then hit a combo shot. Haha

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've seen that on Targaryen.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've seen that on Targaryen.

I imagine score balancing a game like GoT must be difficult and time consuming.

Rob

#307 8 years ago

And I thought ACDC scoring was complicated. This game is going to be hard to figure out if you're a location player.

#308 8 years ago

I got through the Iron Throne wizard mode tonight after league. Some crazy points to be had there. I got 3.2 billion in Iron Throne alone. My 3rd stage completion of Targaryen was worth 450 million too.

#309 8 years ago

Anybody with a pro have issues with the spinner? I used mine at the Houston Expo this weekend and ended up removing the spinner. It started to hang at an angle that stopped the ball dead in its tracks and sent it to the flippers. I plan to call Stern tomorrow to see if I can get a new spinner assembly.

#310 8 years ago

Oh, just installed the shaker. It rocks even more with the shaker. I think this will be a real winner for Stern. Got tons of plays at the Expo...

#311 8 years ago

Played this game all weekend in Houston. It is a very nice game. I'm hoping we get one soon.

Hopefully they figure out how to color the end display.

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Oh, just installed the shaker. It rocks even more with the shaker. I think this will be a real winner for Stern. Got tons of plays at the Expo...

Thank you for bringing the game for us to all play and enjoy Jodester. Thank you for having the proceeds donated to the charity to feed the hungry too. Very great of you guys to do that.

#313 8 years ago

Here was my high score from the weekend on Jodester's game. I'm very happy!!!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Anybody with a pro have issues with the spinner? I used mine at the Houston Expo this weekend and ended up removing the spinner. It started to hang at an angle that stopped the ball dead in its tracks and sent it to the flippers. I plan to call Stern tomorrow to see if I can get a new spinner assembly.

No issues with the spinner on my game. But I do have annoying issues with the top right ball gate not letting the ball pass smoothly 1/4 of the time. The odd time it will reject the ball too. It needs to be mounted slightly higher, but that might require some surgery to the back panel. I will email Stern first about it and see what they say.

The other annoying issue is the battering ram not registering hits which happens frequently. The right orbit sometimes does not register either. Both of these I think are software related.

Rob

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Gameplay video with new code.More music,more speech,Lights toned down.
» YouTube video

Great video thanks for sharing

#316 8 years ago

Keith Elwin has apparently instead managed to kick GOT's ass.

12227770_10153839753715555_9135932449838835672_n.jpg12227770_10153839753715555_9135932449838835672_n.jpg

#317 8 years ago

I can't wait to hear of LE gameplay. This pin sounds really fun and might be something I jump on after a while. Makes me think of a nice head-head-head comparison thread to start but need to wait until the LE is out.

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The other annoying issue is the battering ram not registering hits which happens frequently. The right orbit sometimes does not register either. Both of these I think are software related.

Have you checked those switches in the test menu yet? They could just need a little adjusting.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I have not had either issue. The ram seems to work well on solid strikes.

I spoke to Stern today and they are sending me a new assembly. They were very easy to deal with.

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Keith Elwin has apparently instead managed to kick GOT's ass.
12227770_10153839753715555_9135932449838835672_n.jpg

That's awesome! but very expected

Good job, Keith!

#321 8 years ago

The right flipper failed on my GoT pro tonight. The problem seems to be the node board driving the flipper coil. I pressed on the board connector and a big spark came flying off it. I think the transistor is blown so my game is down waiting for a replacement board.

Rob

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The right flipper failed on my GoT pro tonight. The problem seems to be the node board driving the flipper coil. I pressed on the board connector and a big spark came flying off it. I think the transistor is blown so my game is down waiting for a replacement board.
Rob

can you test and replace the transistor?

#323 8 years ago

There's a lot of SMT on the board and I don't want to mess it up because I'm sure it will need to be returned.

The flipper is connected to CN8 of the board.

Rob

20151117_222316.jpg20151117_222316.jpg

cn8.jpgcn8.jpg

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Did it fail for being held up too long as in earlier Sterns? I want to know because I will cradle a ball on the left flipper for quite a while during multiball modes.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Did it fail for being held up too long as in earlier Sterns? I want to know because I will cradle a ball on the left flipper for quite a while during multiball modes.

I don't know. I wasn't playing it when it failed, someone else was.

Rob

#326 8 years ago

That sucks rob. Hope it gets ironed out smoothly for you. When talking to tech support, did they mention or elude to this being a known issue?

#327 8 years ago

Somebody needs to come up with a way to protect the pyramid under the dragon. It looks like a stray ball must have banged the front left corner of the pyramid on my machine during the tourney this weekend. It chipped the corner off. See pic...

20151118_1030191.jpg20151118_1030191.jpg

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Somebody needs to come up with a way to protect the pyramid under the dragon. It looks like a stray ball must have banged the front left corner of the pyramid on my machine during the tourney this weekend. It chipped the corner off. See pic...

20151118_1030191.jpg

The pyramid on the Pro at High Life got blown out too, worse than that. Lots of air balls on the Pro.

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

20151118_1030191.jpg

Pavball !!!

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The pyramid on the Pro at High Life got blown out too, worse than that. Lots of air balls on the Pro.

Airballs? I don't get many on my game. Is there a specific target or part that is causing them? The flippers are a bit too strong on the game so I put the coil pulse at soft which really doesn't help. I've also got my game at a 7 degree slope.

Rob

#331 8 years ago

I agree. Haven't seen any air balls and I've played two different ones. Only air balls came when the ball was on top of the drops as they reset.

#332 8 years ago

We see a lot on the location GoT here at Gestalt too. One yesterday went into the dragon and the kicker kicked it out and up and it jumped the flippers. whomp whomp. That's rare though. But have seen it jump around a bit. Not sure the pitch on that machine.

#333 8 years ago

Right flipper only for some reason. It will launch the ball past the throne in a flash. Just had it hit the glass above the left orbit. Maybe I can adjust the flipper somehow???

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Maybe I can adjust the flipper somehow

I'm pretty sure you can in adjustments.

#335 8 years ago

.......I'm just saying the there's no twd kicks ass thread, or Metallica kicks ass thread, or ____ kicks ass thread.

This game has the potential to be one of the great ones.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

.......I'm just saying the there's no twd kicks ass thread, or Metallica kicks ass thread, or ___ kicks ass thread.
This game has the potential to be one of the great ones.

They're called owner threads now
And metallica and TWD do kick ass! But I haven't played GOT yet sooooon I hope!

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

20151118_1030191.jpg

The dragon sometimes holds the ball during multiball and this might not be a good thing. I imagine an airball could happen from a second ball hitting the post when it's up?

Rob

#338 8 years ago

Does anyone's game have a coin door high voltage lockout switch? Mine doesn't and it makes troubleshooting switches a royal PITA.
because the coils are always active in switch test. Maybe they can program the coils to be off or have an option for that?

Rob

#339 8 years ago

I think they removed the high voltage switch on all spike games.

I think I am going to build a lean shield for the pyramid. I am still looking hod to attach it.

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I think they removed the high voltage switch on all spike games.
I think I am going to build a lean shield for the pyramid. I am still looking hod to attach it.

My KISS pro had the switch.

Rob

#342 8 years ago

GOT kicks ass,...but not even a quarter of the ass that is kicked by you Monkey, man. Miss hangin wicha ya homeskillet !

#343 8 years ago

The Got pro on location where we play league has a big hole right in the front center of the pyramid also. Most airballs that I've seen come from a 1/2 ramp shot which comes fast back to the right flipper and then the player hits that on the fly. You quickly learn to handle those 1/2 ramp shots with a dead bounce or a live catch.

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My KISS pro had the switch.
Rob

Color me corrected.

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The Got pro on location where we play league has a big hole right in the front center of the pyramid also. Most airballs that I've seen come from a 1/2 ramp shot which comes fast back to the right flipper and then the player hits that on the fly. You quickly learn to handle those 1/2 ramp shots with a dead bounce or a live catch.

Can't you position the flipper rubber differently to prevent the fast, on the fly, air ball shots like the ones you're referring too?

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

GOT kicks ass,...but not even a quarter of the ass that is kicked by you Monkey, man. Miss hangin wicha ya homeskillet !

Texas?

#347 8 years ago

I don't know what is wrong with my game right now. The right flipper started working again last night, then it died, and then it started working yet again. I didn't do anything with the game, just let it sit. It seems like a bad connection somewhere, which still could be the node board. It's certainly not the coil because 50v reads at both lugs which indicates there's no break in the coil wire. Voltage is present at the collector of the transistor as well. The cabinet switch is always working too even when the flipper is not.

Rob

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The right flipper started working again last night, then it died, and then it started working yet again.

my friend was having issues with a weak flipper on his new KISS pro. he thought it was the coil, turned out to the be EOS needed adjusting, here is his advice;

if its the board issue swap the connectors for the flippers and see if it does the game thing on the left that it did on the right
the board under the play field with the transistors on it. or look at the EOS, his was opening too early.

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

my friend was having issues with a weak flipper on his new KISS pro. he thought it was the coil, turned out to the be EOS needed adjusting, here is his advice;
if its the board issue swap the connectors for the flippers and see if it does the game thing on the left that it did on the right
the board under the play field with the transistors on it. or look at the EOS, his was opening too early.

The connectors cannot be swapped as they are not the same. The right flipper is CN8 (6 pin) and the left flipper is CN5 (4 pin).

Rob

#350 8 years ago

Maybe that's how I injured my wrist. Nailing air balls into the temple???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.