371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 144.
#3401 7 years ago

I just ordered my GoT pro! It's been great reading about everyone's strategies and scores. I can't wait to dig into this game.

#3402 7 years ago

Congrats! You'll love it...one of the best machines in a home environment.

#3403 7 years ago

Just got IT playing as house GJ for the first time. It was awesome! But then I proceeded to drain out of IT in 45 seconds. Ha.

#3404 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But then I proceeded to drain out of IT in 45 seconds. Ha.

That's what SHE said!

#3405 7 years ago

I hope that the LoL inserts actually do something in a future update since they don't correspond with lighting the outlanes.

Rob

#3406 7 years ago

#3407 7 years ago

The LoL inserts only light when you complete the drop targets and it's a save feature so not quite sure what your talkin about.

#3408 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The LoL inserts only light when you complete the drop targets and it's a save feature so not quite sure what your talkin about.

He means that they advance no matter if you're in single ball or multiball play I think. So when you light all three inserts, you don't necessarily have house Baratheon battle ready to play. Those inserts are almost completely arbitrary on factory settings.

He's talking about the three inserts in front of the drops, not the inserts in the outlanes.

#3409 7 years ago

I'm noticing that many shots do not register during Stark mode, especially when the first shot I hit right after starting the mode is the middle shot.

Anybody else experience this?

#3410 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He's talking about the three inserts in front of the drops, not the inserts in the outlanes.

Actually, I am somewhat mistaken in my thoughts on the drop target inserts and how they behave. The bug(?) is that the LoL inserts keep advancing even when the outlanes are lit. If you have 2 inserts lit for example and use the LoL ball save, you only need 1 set of targets to light the outlanes again. That's if you have the game set to light the outlanes every 3 completions of targets. If you have no LoL inserts lit then would would still need 3 sets of targets to light the LoL ball save. Well, not so much a bug, but perhaps unintentional behavior. And if you have the game set to 1 LoL per game (default), then the inserts (and targets?) do actually become useless rather quick. Well.... the targets are supposed to increase spinner scoring, but the game doesn't tell you that is happening. Could it not say "Spinner now at xxxK, next value xxxK" for each target bank completion?

I think LoL should be reworked with the following changes:

- LoL setting for easy/hard where easy it both outlanes and hard is only 1 side lite and it alternates every sling hit?
- Add setting for once per ball. Once per game is too little and once per 3 target sets is maybe too much.

Rob

#3411 7 years ago

I say make a power of Baratheon to allow easier lighting of the outlanes and leave the rest as is. But you're right. Those targets could benefit from having more uses.

#3412 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just got IT playing as house GJ for the first time. It was awesome! But then I proceeded to drain out of IT in 45 seconds. Ha.

That is quite a feat. Haven't done it yet and gave it a good shot this weekend. I had one incredible game where I was literally 2 shots away from greyjoy IT. One shot to green targets to finish Tyrell, then one shot to center ramp. Needless to say, I choked hard on the green targets shot - I knew it was the last shot to complete Tyrell and light IT, and I got a little too much nerves and adrenalin flowing and went to control the ball on my right flipper from the sword lock instead of going for the right ramp on the fly and miffed it hard. Still had a blast on that game though, GOT definitely kicks ass! Needs another update to bring it altogether though, make it happen Dwight, we'll love you forever and not to egg you on even further, but TWD is currently sterns best coded game ever (IMO), but I honestly believe GOT has a chance at taking that crown

#3413 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That is quite a feat. Haven't done it yet and gave it a good shot this weekend. I had one incredible game where I was literally 2 shots away from greyjoy IT. One shot to green targets to finish Tyrell, then one shot to center ramp. Needless to say, I choked hard on the green targets shot - I knew it was the last shot to complete Tyrell and light IT, and I got a little too much nerves and adrenalin flowing and went to control the ball on my right flipper from the sword lock instead of going for the right ramp on the fly and miffed it hard. Still had a blast on that game though, GOT definitely kicks ass! Needs another update to bring it altogether though, make it happen Dwight, we'll love you forever and not to egg you on even further, but TWD is currently sterns best coded game ever (IMO), but I honestly believe GOT has a chance at taking that crown

I had a new first last week... draining when IT was lit and ready to go. :\

Still not necessarily complaining after the 4B I managed on that game, particularly when I got used to how that particular machine was leaning. It made for easy battering of the ram.

#3414 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GOT definitely kicks ass! Needs another update to bring it altogether though

As much as I want an update to bring it all together; I'd rather wait 2 more years for the story to be complete.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

make it happen Dwight, we'll love you forever and not to egg you on even further, but TWD is currently sterns best coded game ever (IMO), but I honestly believe GOT has a chance at taking that crown

I also believe that GoT has the potential to be "a classic". If they (stern) include most of the improvements suggested we'll have an unbelievable finished product.

#3415 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

As much as I want an update to bring it all together; I'd rather wait 2 more years for the story to be complete

I don't think they are allowed to use anything other than what was approved at license. Has any game in the past been updated with more recent events? Just doesn't seem like something they anticipate and get approved with licensing.

That would be awesome though. One final update after the show is over and add some crazy mother of dragons and John Snow vs the White walkers mode. Haha

#3416 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think they are allowed to use anything other than what was approved at license. Has any game in the past been updated with more recent events? Just doesn't seem like something they anticipate and get approved with licensing.
That would be awesome though. One final update after the show is over and add some crazy mother of dragons and John Snow vs the White walkers mode. Haha

Heck, id be happy just with stuff from this past season added. A Battle of the Bastards mode for Stark. A Battle the High Sparrow mode for Lannister. Etc.

#3417 7 years ago

I just put my house on the market and as I was getting ready for the first showing this afternoon, I decided to take a break from making sure everything was just right to play a game. Sure enough when you have other things to do, I made it to IT for the first time. FINALLY! 3 ball, replay as Martell. Final score was 2,920,000 with an IT score of 783,500,000.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3418 7 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I just put my house on the market and as I was getting ready for the first showing this afternoon, I decided to take a break from making sure everything was just right to play a game. Sure enough when you have other things to do, I made it to IT for the first time. FINALLY! 3 ball, replay as Martell. Final score was 2,920,000 with an IT score of 783,500,000.

God i suck...reaching hand of the king is a good game for me...

#3419 7 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I'd love to pull off a -780,580,000 game one day.

#3420 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I'd love to pull off a -780,580,000 game one day.

A Lannister always pays his debts.

#3421 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think they are allowed to use anything other than what was approved at license.

There is unused call outs in the code already. Could it be possible that they have approved video assets that haven't been included yet? Doesn't stern have this new commitment to finishing code for games and hasn't there been updates years after the fact for games, I'm thinking advengers? Could be wrong though.

#3422 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

There is unused call outs in the code already. Could it be possible that they have approved video assets that haven't been included yet? Doesn't stern have this new commitment to finishing code for games and hasn't there been updates years after the fact for games, I'm thinking advengers? Could be wrong though.

You're right but the avengers code had nothing to do with age of ultron from what I can remember. I think they can update code until the cows come home, but unless they worked it out when buying the license, I would be surprised if they could use anything from the shows that occurred after GOT the pin came out.

#3423 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would be surprised if they could use anything from the shows that occurred after GOT the pin came out.

I would be beyond surprised; it will not happen. Stop dreaming people...just move along.

#3424 7 years ago

Having any issue with my sword lock. Anyone seen this behavior before? All three switches are fine in test. Same with the ramp optos.

#3425 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Having any issue with my sword lock. Anyone seen this behavior before? All three switches are fine in test. Same with the ramp optos.
» YouTube video

That is a weird issue. For some reason, I thought an operator posted a similar issue in their own thread - on my phone right now so can't really search. But I thought it was for a got prem, maybe dig around the got threads for a tech support one.

#3426 7 years ago

Similar thing happened to me. It was a flakey switch (the bottom one on the lock closest to the player). Although the switch tests ok in the menu, it basically isnt sensing that the ball is being held. Try adjusting that switch or even better, replacing it. Hope that works for you.

#3427 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Similar thing happened to me. It was a flakey switch (the bottom one on the lock closest to the player). Although the switch tests ok in the menu, it basically isnt sensing that the ball is being held. Try adjusting that switch or even better, replacing it. Hope that works for you.

Thanks for the tip. I'll mess with that switch a bit more.

#3428 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for the tip. I'll mess with that switch a bit more.

Looks like a pretty serious issue to me. I'll give you $2,000 for it right now and come and get it out of your hair tomorrow, deal?

#3429 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks like a pretty serious issue to me. I'll give you $2,000 for it right now and come and get it out of your hair tomorrow, deal?

Deal. Just gimmie your jackbot, TWD, and Firepower.

#3430 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

Trent seems to think that even though testing those lock switches with my finger was fine, that maybe with the ball up there it is sitting just far enough past the switch that the switch is no longer registering, and the game doesn't know the ball is there. I am going to test this tonight and report back.

#3431 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Trent seems to think that even though testing those lock switches with my finger was fine, that maybe with the ball up there it is sitting just far enough past the switch that the switch is no longer registering, and the game doesn't know the ball is there. I am going to test this tonight and report back.

You're to tenure to be making rookie mistakes

Always test switches with the ball, not your finger. Your finger can push the switch down farther than the ball would so you will get false positives sometimes. Based off your video I'd be surprised if it wasn't a flaky switch there.

#3432 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You're to tenure to be making rookie mistakes
Always test switches with the ball, not your finger. Your finger can push the switch down farther than the ball would so you will get false positives sometimes. Based off your video I'd be surprised if it wasn't a flaky switch there.

I know I know but I get nervous troubleshooting games newer than 1980. Haha

#3433 7 years ago

Man I just got this game two weeks ago. I play it all the time and can only get a little over 500 million. I'm learning but what is the best strategy to stack up the points? Is it stacking two modes with a multiball? I brick way too many shots so I have a ways to go to actually be good on this game.

#3434 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Man I just got this game two weeks ago. I play it all the time and can only get a little over 500 million. I'm learning but what is the best strategy to stack up the points? Is it stacking two modes with a multiball? I brick way too many shots so I have a ways to go to actually be good on this game.

The beauty of this game is there are multiple ways to attack it. But I will start with some simple tasks to get you started, then you can branch out and try the other routes to high scores:

1. pick house martell. the add a ball feature will help you get better at the multiballs.
2. use your ball save on ball 1 to light locks and get the LOL outlanes lit (complete the drop targets)
3. qualify at least two houses before starting multiball. bring two houses into multiball. at the start of multiball, spam the battering ram to get your PF multiplier up to at least 2x.
4. After multiball, try and start two house modes at once and go for the Hand of the King wizard mode (4 house completions).
5. Remember that three house completions light extra ball at the kickback shot (Pro) get that.
6. Practice, Practice, Practice! You really need to dial in all the shots to get into the more complex strategies as almost all huge opportunities in this game are based of quick successive shots at the right time.

For example, I have gotten over 700 million for playing one Martell mode.

I hope that helps. report back once you break a billion. It will happen soon.

#3435 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've had a similar issue with my Premium. What happens is the ball sometimes rolls back a little bit after hitting that white thingamabob that keeps it in place. If the ball isn't directly touching that thingamabob, it'll hand until a ball search releases the lock. When this happens I usually judge nudge it a bit until the ball makes contact with that thingie. It's hard to tell from your video whether this same thing is happening with yours.

#3436 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The beauty of this game is there are multiple ways to attack it. But I will start with some simple tasks to get you started, then you can branch out and try the other routes to high scores:
1. pick house martell. the add a ball feature will help you get better at the multiballs.
2. use your ball save on ball 1 to light locks and get the LOL outlanes lit (complete the drop targets)
3. qualify at least two houses before starting multiball. bring two houses into multiball. at the start of multiball, spam the battering ram to get your PF multiplier up to at least 2x.
4. After multiball, try and start two house modes at once and go for the Hand of the King wizard mode (4 house completions).
5. Remember that three house completions light extra ball at the kickback shot (Pro) get that.
6. Practice, Practice, Practice! You really need to dial in all the shots to get into the more complex strategies as almost all huge opportunities in this game are based of quick successive shots at the right time.
For example, I have gotten over 700 million for playing one Martell mode.
I hope that helps. report back once you break a billion. It will happen soon.

Thanks for the input. I'll definitely give this a try and report back. I am so addicted to this game though. I haven't turned any of my other games on since I got this one.

#3437 7 years ago

The game thrives on combo multipliers and playfield multipliers. When you have the ability to stack these and know which combo shots (red flashing arrow) to hit with what mode or muktiball your in, you will get higher scores.

Also, once you get a playfield multiplier going from the ram, learn how to refresh it. Basically, the playfield multiplier blinks faster and faster when the timer is about up. Get ready to hit the ram again, and when the multiplier goes out you have 2 seconds to hit the ram and restart the playfield multiplier.

Lastly, for the more advanced crew. Here's a typical system I keep in mind when selecting what house to play:

Stark: if I want to go for a big WHC + wall MB super stack

Baratheon: if I want to push for a quick game of iron throne

Lannister: if I want a real challenge

Greyjoy: if I want to mix it up for a marathon game and tackle the game in a complete other manner

Tyrell: if I want to really go for a gigantic score and maximize the most out of all my multipliers (big risk/reward house)

Martell: if I want to grind out my scoring via multiballs. Safe house to play but also the hardest to score on (for me) unless you can do it in multiballs which is what this house is great for (add a ball).

#3438 7 years ago

Since this thread is nice and active, can someone explain how to complete House Lannister? I've done it, but I'm not exactly sure what I've done? "Hit 5 red lights to complete. Gold targets light red targets." Huh? Some of the house modes are a tad confusing.

#3439 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Since this thread is nice and active, can someone explain how to complete House Lannister? I've done it, but I'm not exactly sure what I've done? "Hit 5 red lights to complete. Gold targets light red targets." Huh? Some of the house modes are a tad confusing.

Yeah two steps to this one. Hit gold targets. They light red shots. Hit 5 red shots to complete the mode.

If you hit a gold target, it will light the shots on either side of it red. For example, hit the gold target next to the left orbit, the left orbit and kickback will light red.

#3440 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Yeah two steps to this one. Hit gold targets. They light red shots. Hit 5 red shots to complete the mode.
If you hit a gold target, it will light the shots on either side of it red. For example, hit the gold target next to the left orbit, the left orbit and kickback will light red.

I hate when it is just like it says. I think what was confusing to me is the mode starts with two red targets already lit if I remember correctly.

#3441 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I hate when it is just like it says. I think what was confusing to me is the mode starts with two red targets already lit if I remember correctly.

Should be only gold targets lit. Might be able to change that in the settings though.

#3442 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should be only gold targets lit. Might be able to change that in the settings though.

I've got it set to the factory settings. Maybe I'm confusing the red arrows for red targets, wouldn't be the first time I've been confused, won't be the last. Man, don't even talk to me about having two houses lit at once. Thanks for the response.

#3443 7 years ago

IMG_8878_(resized).JPGIMG_8878_(resized).JPG

IMG_8871_(resized).JPGIMG_8871_(resized).JPG

IMG_8870_(resized).JPGIMG_8870_(resized).JPG

#3444 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I've got it set to the factory settings. Maybe I'm confusing the red arrows for red targets, wouldn't be the first time I've been confused, won't be the last. Man, don't even talk to me about having two houses lit at once. Thanks for the response.

Yeah I spent a lot of time playing modes by themselves and got really good at understanding what specifically is required to complete each mode, and also how long the timer was for each mode. Then I started stacking modes. Made it less confusing. But remember, if you're hitting a flashing colored shield, that's a good thing. And if that shield is flashing two or three different colors, that's an even better thing

#3445 7 years ago

Love the dire wolf! Not sure how I feel about the second dragon - looks to be in the way? Topper looks cool too. Nice work

#3446 7 years ago

Thanks bro!

The 2nd dragon looks like it could be in the way but it really is not. However, it can always be moved to a less busy spot.

Next on the list is the blue eyed, LED White Walker mod and the LED 3 eyed raven.

IMG_8895_(resized).JPGIMG_8895_(resized).JPG

IMG_8897_(resized).JPGIMG_8897_(resized).JPG

#3447 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Baratheon: if I want to push for a quick game of iron throne

Curious to hear your rationale on this. Not really sure how it helps making IT. Frankly, I have the best luck getting IT as Martell, since stacking modes with multiballs can give me that second wind to try to complete the mode during a MB.

#3448 7 years ago

May get a GoT pro. After reading the long thread on stern ghosting issues are they a real issue in the pro like people say ?

#3449 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

May get a GoT pro. After reading the long thread on stern ghosting issues are they a real issue in the pro like people say ?

I know of 3 pros that have ghosting. Including mine.

#3450 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Curious to hear your rationale on this. Not really sure how it helps making IT. Frankly, I have the best luck getting IT as Martell, since stacking modes with multiballs can give me that second wind to try to complete the mode during a MB.

Its not that much faster than other houses. But, getting to wall multiball faster means HOTK faster means IT faster. Especially if you can knock out Targaryan 1 early, Targaryan 2 after HOTK. Then Targaryan 3 on a later multiball. Something like this:

1. Qualify Targaryan 1 & Tyrell with LOL lit
2. Play Targaryan 1 solo
3. 2 Modes + BW MB
4. 2 Modes + Wall MB
5. HOTK
6. Targaryan 2 + Martell
7. Targaryan 3 + last mode with a multiball
8. Finish Targaryan 3 if needed solo
9. Iron Throne

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/69?hl=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.