Topic Stats

• 6,314 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 770 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg
15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg

There are 6314 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 127.
#3351 3 years ago

I think the stark rounds feed the hurry up value too, so there's a trade off I think. Gonna try this stack for a while and see if I can up my HOTK scores.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Hey guys - having a problem on my GOTLE with the Castle Black kick back. It does not seem to be working. It worked the last time I played it but now will not. If I go into tests, it works perfectly. In a game, however, when I launch a ball up there, it just rolls back - no kick back engagement at all. Any thoughts on what this might be. Might start a new thread, but I figured there would be more expertise on this and the GOTLE thread. Thanks!

I had that exact same problem with mine. It ended up being a bad solder joint on the opto

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do you guys think about bringing Baratheon, Lannister greyjoy and Tyrell into HOTK as the best stack? I know you miss out on the stark bonus rounds, and you have to hit all 7 shots , but if you have the add a ball power I feel like you can get multiple hurry ups from this stack. If I have to do the stark rounds, I can barely get to one hurry up, let alone more than one.

This is a good strat. Getting the hurry up super jp is so satisfying. The 7 shots of Baratheon also give you a little extra time to build that pf multiplier and cash in on some combo multipliers.

I like to do the stark bonus round a lot to push my skills to try and get both stark bonus rounds + the hurry up super jackpot. It's hard as nails and I've only done it a couple times so it's not the most ideal competition strat but for home use unlimited play it can be a blast especially if you pull it off. That's how I got my HOTK ~5Bil GC score now.

#3354 3 years ago

I really do think GOT has so much potential. Lots of strategy here -- plenty of mechanics to play around with and develop your own strategy.

One thing I thought would be interesting would be if Winter Is Coming hurry-ups could be stacked, where making one hurry-up over another could add more to the overall value and both hurry-ups could be worth combined points (though maybe counting down faster if the value's larger).

Many other things like new animations and more speech from the show to avoid repetition would be nice. Every time you start/restart a mode, usually the same call out will play every time. It can get a little grating.

I had an idea for a super jackpot stage of Wall Multiball on the Pro-- shoot the dragon to collect a super jackpot, locking in the ball behind the post. Then, hit the ball held captive with another to collect another super jackpot (like Avatar with the Link). Obviously though this would be a huge difference over the Premium/LE version.

I'd probably get the Pro because I've had the most experience and enjoyment out of it; it's really fast, especially when you're making combos. Hopefully Stern will polish this game on the same level as TWD, MET or ACDC...

#3355 3 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Many other things like new animations and more speech from the show to avoid repetition would be nice. Every time you start/restart a mode, usually the same call out will play every time. It can get a little grating.

I think this is very important and hopefully gets addressed in future.

#3356 3 years ago

I know Dwight is not done yet, so stay tuned as usual, haha.

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We need a "King in the North!" Call out

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

We need a "King in the North!" Call out

That would be amazing.

#3359 3 years ago

No. The call out we need the most is....."Oysters, Clams, and Cockles"!

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I had that exact same problem with mine. It ended up being a bad solder joint on the opto

Yup I had that one too. You'll find when looking toro that there is a large solder pad for the opto on the back, yet the wires go to the front side with just a pin prick of solder.

#3361 3 years ago

Last night I turned on my premium for one game, that turned into a marathon. Played my best game. 1.7bil points. I've had this game since January and I'm not the best player around so there were lots of bricked shots and missed shots. It took me 4 attempts to beat Martel; I couldn't hit anything when I wanted, so this score could have just been a fluke.

I had blackwater multiball happen 3 times, I played battle for the wall (poorly), I reached hand of the King for my third time AND for the first time ever I played winter has come multiball. I had beat every house except Tyrell and and third targarian, almost making it to the iron throne.

I probably has 5 extra balls (remember I'm not that good, so the threshold is fairly low) during this game. I didnt get the castle multiball but did have battle for the wall ready for a second go right before I drained.

This game is so great, man, it really kicks ass, and leaves you wanting to more every time.

#3362 3 years ago

I havnt played my got for a while myself i played last night first game 2 billion got really does kick ass

#3363 3 years ago

Im looking to buy either a Pro or Premium next and keep hearing about the orbit issue, do both models have the issue and if its only on the Premium/LEs does it still effect the Pros code?

#3364 3 years ago

Left orbit issue ONLY affect the Prem/LE. The Pro does not have an upper playfield diverter arm, which seems to be the root of the issue.

I have corrected the left orbit issue on my Premium with a couple simple adjustments. I get nice fast orbits in both directions.

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im looking to buy either a Pro or Premium next and keep hearing about the orbit issue, do both models have the issue and if its only on the Premium/LEs does it still effect the Pros code?

Issue is only with Prem/LE. Small chance you won't have the issue, but pretty likely.

Not sure your question about affecting Pro's code, but they did add an adjustment in the settings about disabling the left orbit gate so that the game will always serve a left orbit shot into the pops. You can simply turn that off if you want he gate to open on combo shots and certain modes.

But yeah. Zero issues on the pro with orbit shots.

#3366 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Issue is only with Prem/LE. Small chance you won't have the issue, but pretty likely.
Not sure your question about affecting Pro's code, but they did add an adjustment in the settings about disabling the left orbit gate so that the game will always serve a left orbit shot into the pops. You can simply turn that off if you want he gate to open on combo shots and certain modes.
But yeah. Zero issues on the pro with orbit shots.

I assumed they changed the code and took any shot out that uses the orbit on the premium and would trickle down on the Pro code too since they wouldnt want the Pro to have more then there PremiumLEs. I really like the Premium, the winter look, light show, upper playfield and functional throne make it seem like the right choice for me but im worried about the orbit shot effecting the game.

Also ive played both games and the pro flowed better it seemed but once you know the Premium does it flow just as good as the Pro? Im thinking since i couldnt see the left ramp on the Premium it made it seem like it had less flow but im wondering if once you know the shots and where the ball exits after being shot under the castle playfield does the Premium feel similar to the Pros flow?

#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Also ive played both games and the pro flowed better it seemed but once you know the Premium does it flow just as good as the Pro? Im thinking since i couldnt see the left ramp on the Premium it made it seem like it had less flow but im wondering if once you know the shots and where the ball exits after being shot under the castle playfield does the Premium feel similar to the Pros flow?

I don't think the prem has flow like the pro. In my experience the Pro is much smoother. Maybe pop into the prem/LE thread and ask them as well. I can see the prem being similar if you have perfect orbit shots. the upper playfield slows things down, but not that much IMO.

#3368 3 years ago

well the drop target in the prem/le for sure makes it a bit clunkier.

#3369 3 years ago

I'd like to see some type of random award spinning wheel for the spinner, improved prizes with Baratheon. Simple but so are the bumpers... Very simple but a great change up.

#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Think we will get some house modes based on Season 6 plot lines? That would be amazing.

#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Think we will get some house modes based on Season 6 plot lines? That would be amazing.

Honestly, I doubt it.

Now what I'd really like to see, and what the game really needs, is a beefed up sound package: Better sound queues for HOTK hurry up jp hits on the ram. Better WHC jp and boss defeating sound queues. Better sound queues for progressing to lighting a house, similar to what Martel gets for its first hit, but no others. Also, what's up with the big cut in music anytime a sound effect goes off? The game is so fast that the music is like a sine wave causing music to cut in and out.

Additionally, a revamp and/or reworked iron bank function. Don't just have me push the button when I drain. Lemme do something strategic during gameplay that also allows me to build towards something. Maybe have the ironbank double the point value of your next shot when pressed (and allow multipliers to affect it), and also allow a player to earn a bigger ironbank during that ball only that can make it a triple or quadruple point value. Maybe after getting a certain amount of wildfire the ironbank gets bumped up to the next level. That'll make the wildfire mini mode much more intriguing? Just a thought.

Lastly, I'd expect some reworked house powers to help balance the weaker houses.

#3372 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with SKB, doubtful.

I had a couple ideas to make the weaker houses more worth choosing:

Baratheon - you can get LOL every three banks even if the game is set to once per game.

Baratheon or Lannister - increase the max bonus X you can achieve by like 10. I think it's 20 or 25x right now, but if you could get 30 or 35x, that could be interesting.

#3373 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm hoping for the action button awards for houses outside of Dorne. But Dwight's still pretty tied up with GB code, I imagine, so we'll need to be patient.

Should we start a separate dedicated thread for our Action button power ideas?

#3374 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Also ive played both games and the pro flowed better it seemed but once you know the Premium does it flow just as good as the Pro?

IMO the premium flows just as well as the pro if you can get the orbits working properly. The upper playfield is cool and does not affect the flow for me, but the orbit issues can suck the flow right out of the game. We have a fix for the orbit issue, and are in the process of getting it manufactured.

#3375 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

IMO the premium flows just as well as the pro if you can get the orbits working properly. The upper playfield is cool and does not affect the flow for me, but the orbit issues can suck the flow right out of the game. We have a fix for the orbit issue, and are in the process of getting it manufactured.

I've heard all the discussion about how the PREM/LE models were lacking the "flow", especially in the loops. And also that Stern had apparently tried to release a fix for this which didn't really work. Luckily we have a true fix for that. Thanks T7! If you have the orbit issue, this is the way to go. Great guy that you can count on, too!

#3376 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree with SKB, doubtful.
I had a couple ideas to make the weaker houses more worth choosing:
Baratheon - you can get LOL every three banks even if the game is set to once per game.
Baratheon or Lannister - increase the max bonus X you can achieve by like 10. I think it's 20 or 25x right now, but if you could get 30 or 35x, that could be interesting.

Good ideas! Especially for the bonus X.

Another thought for Baratheon: wall mb has the shortest ball saver in the game (like 5 secs?) would be cool if house Baratheon got a longer ball saver for this mb.

#3377 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Another thought for Baratheon: wall mb has the shortest ball saver in the game (like 5 secs?) would be cool if house Baratheon got a longer ball saver for this mb.

Good call. And I would desperately need that extra time. I suck at wall MB!

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Also maybe the spinner levels increasing faster with Baratheon too. That would really beef up their ability and concentrate on all the shots and awards that relate to Baratheon.

#3379 3 years ago

For Lannister, outside of that bonus X, I am at a loss. Haha

#3380 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For Lannister, outside of that bonus X, I am at a loss. Haha

Maybe the ability to access the mystery store while in a mode?

Also, I think more high dollar mystery award items would be good, like:

- add 1 extra tilt warning
- additional multiball ball saver time
- steal Martels ability for thto remainder of the ball (fits the lore too...if it's Lannister buying it )
- Wildlings scoring (similar to fast scoring on IM, TF, TRON, etc...). Would need some animations and call outs so maybe too much work. But would sure be cool
- lite lock actually light the lock. This doesn't work if lock is already lit.
- start pf multiplier. (Kind of a stage up purchase than the already existin light multiplier)
- 10 second ball saver

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

- lite lock actually light the lock. This doesn't work if lock is already lit.

Yeah I skipped this one the other day cause I knew I already had it lit.

What about Lannister being able to stack their locks? Not sure if that is too tough to code or not.

#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Maybe the ability to access the mystery store while in a mode?
Also, I think more high dollar mystery award items would be good, like:
- add 1 extra tilt warning

If you're taking pages out of Dr. Dude's book, how about "delete the 4th place high score"?

On a slightly more serious note.. a version of Golden Hand that's not a sucker's purchase. I could get behind something like 10M onto your bonus instead of a measly 750k.

#3383 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

If you're taking pages out of Dr. Dude's book, how about "delete the 4th place high score"?

Haven't played dr dude. But since pins never use modes or ideas from each other, I guess we can cross that one off the list

#3384 3 years ago

But I always thought The Button should do other things depending on what house you picked. The "cash in your multipliers" stuff is honestly never, ever worth it, and it degenerates into me telling a new player just to hit The Button when you drain for free points. I was thinking:

Stark - Instant credit for any WIC hurryup. Works once per set of WIC hurryups leading to WHC. Also can be used once per WHC to get instant credit for any shot. (I'd also add that the WIC hurryups should reset such that WHC is not just a "once-per-Iron-Throne" thing.)

Baratheon - Instant credit for any shot during Wall. Works once per Wall.

Lannister - Credit for all standups, granting you the gold and lighting mystery immediately (once per ball).

Tyrell - Max out combo multipliers for your next shot (once per ball).

Martell - Unchanged.

Greyjoy will incorporate all the above functionality. In the event you could theoretically collect 2 or more awards (e.g. a Wall jackpot and add-a-ball), you just get them both at once. The Button collects whatever it can, and perhaps the colors will pulse to indicate what you'll get when you hit it.

#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Honestly, I doubt it.

That's disappointing, there were so many great plot lines that would be better than "Save Marcella" for instance from this past season.

#3386 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's disappointing, there were so many great plot lines that would be better than "Save Marcella" for instance from this past season.

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.Just for her to die anyway. »

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know. I want HOLD THE DOOR and KING OF THE NORTH! in there too.

#3388 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.

How'd you do that? That was really fun!

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

God I don't, that was the low point of the season; so bad.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

How'd you do that? That was really fun!

You ruined it anyway you boob!

#3390 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And how could you not have a Defeat the High Sparrow mode for Lanister, or win back Riverrun. So much good stuff this year...

#3391 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And how could you not have a Defeat the High Sparrow mode for Lanister, or win back Riverrun. So much good stuff this year...

And they'll be great stuff next year etc etc...gotta draw the line right away if you're Stern.

#3392 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

God I don't, that was the low point of the season; so bad.

Quoted from TheLaw:

And they'll be great stuff next year etc etc...gotta draw the line right away if you're Stern.

And queue Debbie downer. It's Friday, did you not take your meds yet Law

#3393 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And queue Debbie downer. It's Friday, did you not take your meds yet Law

No I don't drink at work

You pinside guys know you need people like me to keep you grounded. You'll start thinking aboot all the cool stuff that will never happen to an already great game, and work yourselves up in a tizzy!

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

SO sorry...just saw that.

I fixed it.

#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You pinside guys know you need people like me to keep you grounded. You'll start thinking aboot all the cool stuff that will never happen to an already great game, and work yourselves up in a tizzy!

Ha! I've never been accused of being too optimistic before. I'm going to print this post and show it to my colleagues.

#3396 3 years ago

GOT LED crown topper mod

IMG_8890_(resized).JPG

#3397 3 years ago

uff...not bright enough?

#3398 3 years ago

So i played around with pinball browser over the last week and here's a few things i found (keep in mind i was only playing with the music for the most part):

1. Instrumental Heavy Metal and/or Hard Rock does not fit the theme or gamplay (metallica, tool, maiden, etc...)

2. The games default music is actually really really good. All of it.

3. The quality of music has not sat well with me on this game but i finally figured out why. I always went with a very negative music attenuation cause i felt the music was very hard to hear (like -25 or something). However, anytime a sound effect goes off, the background music gets reduced. With music attenuation at -25, this caused a very drastic change which resulted in an overall poor quality of sound. Something ive been fighting a long time on this pin.

My new sound settings are this if anyone wants to try and post their results. I think it sounds amazing now - its like night & day! so much, ive changed my rating on this pin. My setup is factory bb speakers & sub, with a wired in external Polka Sub:

Speaker Volume: 12
Bass: 102
Treble: 90
Speech Attenuation: +10
Music Attenuation: -10

4. Lastly, i came to the conclusion that really nothing needs to be changed or altered music wise on this pin; with the new sound settings the game sounds great enhancing the overall experience vastly! That said, i did replace 2 sound files with soundtracks from the show. I changed blackwater multiball (which is also the same music for the game over sequence) and the high score leaderboard music. Nothing major, I just wasnt a fan of Aria's music for the leaderboard nor was i fan of the blackwater mb music for the game over sequence. It would be nice if blackwater mb music & the game over music were two separate sound files.

Next time i get a nice break of time like i did this past week, ill see about digging into and possibly changing some of the call outs - but i find those to be great also, so don't hold your breath on me doing it anytime soon.

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Speaker Volume: 12
Bass: 102
Treble: 90
Speech Attenuation: +10
Music Attenuation: -10

Trying these settings now. Thanks! And I agree that I don't think I'd change any music tracks, love the music.

Would love to have some unused callouts enabled though.

#3400 3 years ago

Just had a killer sesh where I almost got IT on back to back games. One of those game I was greyjoy too. Just needed to complete the last level of Targaryean. That was a rush.

My replay score has self adjusted to over 2 bills. Haha. Free games aren't easy to come by at my house!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
There are 6314 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside