371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 144.
#3151 7 years ago

Has someone a hint for me ... my right ramp is a catapulz for the ball. It smashes to the playfield glass, it got stuck right next left to the throne. I sanded the droptarget already but still get massiv airballs. I can play the ramp only with the right flipperbat. Left end always in airballs.

Cheers
Tom

#3152 7 years ago
Quoted from 22troy:

I recently got a GOT Pro and I'm looking to buy the T800 alt translite. I was wondering if there was anyone that might have one for sale? PM me and let me know. Thanks in advance!

They're no longer for sale. I'd also love one and dug pretty deep to find one. No dice unless someone parts with theirs. Hope you find one though! I ordered a different one, and the image was blown up and grainy. Looks ok, and better than factory by far, but not as nice as his.

#3153 7 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Has someone a hint for me ... my right ramp is a catapulz for the ball. It smashes to the playfield glass, it got stuck right next left to the throne. I sanded the droptarget already but still get massiv airballs. I can play the ramp only with the right flipperbat. Left end always in airballs.
Cheers
Tom

Post the issue in the PREM/LE owners thread, I'm sure you'll get some answers as I've heard quite a few people have this issue. I think raising the ramp protector higher may help, but ask the other LE owners. Sorry that's about all I got.

#3154 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I had my machine at 6.7 degrees and leveled side to side. When my ball came out of the pops most of the time it would roll down to the right flipper deflect to the left flipper and nicely deflect up the side of the left sling where I could cradle the ball with the left flipper. I moved my machine over to make room for another, re-leveled it and now it is not replicating that. It rolls down to the right flipper, defects to the left flipper and now deflects to the bottom corner of the left sling that makes it deflect back to the right flipper where it still can be controlled but not as cleanly. Why did that change? What does everybody else's game do? I really liked that I knew I could get a left flipper cradle and controlled shot to the right ramp and right loop when the ball comes out of the pops.

Mines around a 6.9 pitch last I checked and it does as you describe ...rolls down right, bounces right flipper to left and up, grazes left slinger and perfectly traps on left flipper.

Now it doesn't come close to doing that on full left orbit shots. It's whipping around so fast that if I actually don't try to catch it or shoot on the fly and let it bounce instead, itll usually cause a drain.

#3155 7 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

They're no longer for sale. I'd also love one and dug pretty deep to find one. No dice unless someone parts with theirs. Hope you find one though! I ordered a different one, and the image was blown up and grainy. Looks ok, and better than factory by far, but not as nice as his.

Where is the pic of this translite ?

#3156 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Where is the pic of this translite ?

here's a picture of my game

GOT_New_Translite1_(resized).jpgGOT_New_Translite1_(resized).jpg

#3158 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

alright guys,
sticker is done (faceless man coin).
i did this decal matching the sticker i did for the sword metal plate.
it is also laminated.
didn't removed the original, it's applied right on top.
i have a few sets (front and back) available, for pro/le and premium.
i can send the stickers including shipping for $10usd.
just shoot me a pm.
here a few pics of the pro/LE version installed and a quick look at the premium version.

Just got my premium spinner stickers installed. Thanks again for sending these out. This helps tie the Playfield together with both the sword sticker and spinner sticker looking the same.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3159 7 years ago

That looks awesome. Looking forward to getting mine! It's a long way from Canada to Alabama!

#3160 7 years ago

OMG! This game still has things that make me go WOW! So tonight I defeated the video mode for 300M points. How? I played a long BFTW and came out of it with 5x playfield going. Immediately I see mystery is lit and I shoot it, all the while thinking "give me something good to go with this 5x". I've got a decent amount of gold and my most expensive choice is 3x video mode. I beat his ass pronto for 20M x3 x5 = 300M!

#3161 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's pinball in my opinion. Move it across the room, take it to a show, etc. It's pretty tough to level it exactly the same to have it play the same.

I moved 8 games around my house Saturday with help. It was just to regroup machines from the same era together. Every single one of them plays different than it did last week. I agree, that's pinball. Now it's going to take weeks for them to feel normal again.

#3162 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So tonight I defeated the video mode for 300M points.

Yeah that's the only time to play that crap.

#3163 7 years ago

Am I the only one who disables video mode?

#3164 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does it count if I just never choose to play it?

#3165 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I keep it on as my wife likes to play it.

#3166 7 years ago

Who's going to be the first one to mod their GoT to blow cold air during WIC and WHC?

#3167 7 years ago

I'm holding out for a snow making machine mod.

#3168 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Who's going to be the first one to mod their GoT to blow cold air during WIC and WHC?

Ahah, good idea. And then fire on certain modes duck on extra ball!

#3169 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For some crazy reason I don't really mind it. I don't play it often but will occasionally play it.

#3170 7 years ago

Is there a strategy to video mode? I tried to play it like I would a video game, and died. My wife just pounded on attack, and she won. I try it and I always get dazed and die. I almost always just skip it.

#3171 7 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Is there a strategy to video mode? I tried to play it like I would a video game, and died. My wife just pounded on attack, and she won. I try it and I always get dazed and die. I almost always just skip it.

Parray his first attack, then just mash attack until he's dead. I've never lost doing that.

#3172 7 years ago

personally, i've determined that GOT pro is the best flowing modern game stern has made for both SAM and Spike systems. no vuks, just ramp and orbit madness, and combo sensations. the sword ball lock is one of my favorite locks currently. the 1 'bash toy' (battering ram) is not really even a bash toy i find, as the ball returns fairly consistantly off the shot. the depth of house strategy and selection is above and beyond any other coded machine imo. the way the houses have been incorporated into gameplay is brilliant. as i sometimes get bored with gameplay on machines, i find that got seems fresh each game as you can try numerous house combinations or house to begin with. want a real challenge and find the game 'too easy'? just select house greyjoy and try to defeat all 3 dragons from the get go, that in itself is a blast. throw all the MB modes into play and stacking? irone throne mode, is just amazing i find. people will complain about 'not enough callouts' or 'not enough movie clips' sure the pf is photoshopped, but you know what? it doesn't affect gameplay i find. cheque please.

i've been playing metallica along with got lately, and both games are in my stern top 5 probably, yet they really are night and day.

if you don't enjoy GOT, then i guess maybe you're an EM guy?

#3173 7 years ago

^Nailed it!

#3174 7 years ago

Ballsofsteel speaks the truth!!!

#3175 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

personally, i've determined that GOT pro is the best flowing modern game stern has made for both SAM and Spike systems. no vuks, just ramp and orbit madness, and combo sensations.

The VUK on the Prem/LE only comes into play in a few situations:

- Upper PF: start of ball
- Throne: collecting Mystery/EB or starting WMB

Anything that puts you on the Throne, you would have been idling behind the post in the dragon lane on the Pro anyway. So the VUK ends up not being much of a "flow factor", unless you're completely obsessed with completing left orbits AND you don't want to do the capgun mod. FWIW, I decided that the game is excellent as it is, dropping the ball into the pops on a good left orbit shot.

#3176 7 years ago

On my Prem just now, I hit smooth 4 left orbits in a row during Martel mode from the right flipper. Left-Left-Left-Left! Yes, that last orbit should have been up the center ramp, but I was enjoying the rhythm and flow - on my Premium ! My 5th shot via the pops and right flipper did hit the center ramp to close Martell mode - nailed it.

I ultimately drained to the right outlane shooting for Greyjoy and hitting a f%$@ standup target and ended with a measly 600M score.

Still, it is fun when you can nail those orbits - on purpose! If only I could be so accurate/consistent hitting the right orbit and other shots!

#3177 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Anything that puts you on the Throne

apparently my machine heard my praise of it, as i played 2 games last night and made it to the throne again for the 4th time i think . then she laughed at me as i couldn't close house 1 lannister and got only 75 mil in IT.

ramps and orbits for months.

#3178 7 years ago

Received my spinner stickers today. Thanks beatmaster!

#3179 7 years ago

I've never beaten Targaryen, so decided to focus only on that in my recent games. Still haven't beaten it! I can typically make it to Drogon but man, can't ever seem to beat it. I've even tried bringing in some well timed multiballs but no luck so far. Does Drogon reset each time? Guess I just need to play better!

#3180 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I've never beaten Targaryen, so decided to focus only on that in my recent games. Still haven't beaten it! I can typically make it to Drogon but man, can't ever seem to beat it. I've even tried bringing in some well timed multiballs but no luck so far. Does Drogon reset each time? Guess I just need to play better!

I don't even think the drogon level times out. If you get down to one shot and never make it, the game just resets back to 3-4 shots lit. The dragon may gain a little more life back if this happens though. Just take your time and make shots you're comfortable with. Also remember that even if the dragon kickback is NOT lit blue, if you hit it, it will take a small amount of Drogon's life off.

Good luck! That is one bitch of a mode.

#3181 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also remember that even if the dragon kickback is NOT lit blue, if you hit it, it will take a small amount of Drogon's life off.

The only thing I don;t like is the lighting in Targaryeon. They love lighting a path to the dragon when it isn;t the correct shot.

#3182 7 years ago

Somebody make a video tutorial. !

Love the game but still clueless

#3183 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Received my spinner stickers today. Thanks beatmaster!

you're welcome.

**** still have a few sets available ****

#3184 7 years ago

Have owned GoT premium for around 3-4 weeks now; and it has become our favorite game in the collection. Has awesome flow, off the charts lighting and a great set of rules. Can see this pin easily becoming a long-term keeper. Just a blast to play and gets the adrenaline really pumping.

#3185 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The only thing I don;t like is the lighting in Targaryeon. They love lighting a path to the dragon when it isn;t the correct shot.

Yeah. I mean I get why the lighting is what it is. They want the lights to simulate the dragon breathing fire, but it definitely seems like they want you to shoot the dragon shot because of it, when that's necessarily not the case.

It is a sweet light show effect of you're paying attention and notice it though.

#3186 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They want the lights to simulate the dragon breathing fire,...

I don't think so....the lights go into the dragoons mouth

#3187 7 years ago

Yes, I love the dragon fire effect on the inserts, right down thru the flippers. Very effective!

#3188 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think so....the lights go into the dragoons mouth

Hmmm. I guess with all the action I assumed that the lights in the dragon kickback lane were lighting in sequence towards the player, no going away from the player back to the dragon.

Doesn't the premium use the same trick in the upper playfield to simulate the dragon breathing fire?

#3189 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I guess with all the action I assumed that the lights in the dragon kickback lane were lighting in sequence towards the player,

Doesn't the premium use the same trick in the upper playfield to simulate the dragon breathing fire?

No it heads towards the dragon.

Don't know anything aboot prem+

#3190 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No it heads towards the dragon.
Don't know anything aboot prem+

Well shit, the effect worked on me if that was the intent.

#3191 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes, the Premium lights a path of RED LEDS from the the upper playfield, down thru the flippers. Really does look like dragon fire across the playfield. It is quite awesome.

#3192 7 years ago

got pro is one of the most played in my arcade.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#3193 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

got pro is one of the most played in my arcade.

I know why. It's the titty backglass. Haha. Cool pair you got there.

#3194 7 years ago

Here's a GIF of the Targaryen dragon fire effect on a Premium. Coupled with the shaker motor = Yowzers!

https://giphy.com/gifs/X5RoNNAoQweRO

I wish I knew how to embed a GIF directly!

7_(resized).png7_(resized).png

#3195 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Here's a GIF of the Targaryen dragon fire effect on a Premium:
https://giphy.com/gifs/X5RoNNAoQweRO
I wish I knew how to embed a GIF directly!

Yeah I thought it was something like that. That's totally badass.

#3196 7 years ago

Castle Black In-Lane Insert Rules (?)

I was poking around last night with the glass off to see if I could figure out the Castle Black upper in-lane rules.

I made a prototype mod to replicate the in-lane inserts to a more visible location (they are mostly obscured as-is on my Prem) - I can now clearly see what's happening.

This is what I observe (Premium):

1. CB inserts light-up when the ball passes thru an inlane
2. Flipper action will toggle the lit insert, left and right
3. When both CB inserts are lit, inserts flash blue, then a 1X multiplier is immediately added
4. The inserts & the mod are fully integrated in playfield RGB lighting choreography
5. There does not appear to be any relationship with the Castle Black insert in front on the Dragon Kickback lane (Prem) and these CB inlane inserts. I thought for sure they were linked; guess not.

I thought I had seen an Advance Wall Multiball happen when a ball passed thru the inlane during real gameplay, but I could not reproduce with glass off. Might have been related to the pop slot machine...

Is that it? I guess this is typical for in-lane inserts, right?

Here's my DIY RGB mod, in progress:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-castle-back-mod-prototype

6_(resized).png6_(resized).png
Still just a paper label, vs a printed Vinyl & Mylar label. Debating whether to keep the text or remove it.

9_(resized).png9_(resized).png

#3197 7 years ago

I like it with the text.

#3198 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I thought it was something like that. That's totally badass.

Very cool I'll have to look for it. Does it occur often or certain house/modes?

#3199 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

On my Premium it happens with each successful shot when fighting house Targaryen. Dragon also flap his wings and shaker motor responds.

#3200 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Play Targaryean mode and every time you hit a lit shot it will do it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.