371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 144.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I think from what I have seen in photos and video. The GOT Pro has the Best translite. As a fan of the HBO show. I like that most of the main characters I have seen in the series are pictured on the Pro model . What do you not like about the translite ?

Horrible Photoshop job. People on Pinside are always clamoring for hand drawn art. You get it on the LE translite and cabinet. I don't mind the characters on that translite (I'm a Daenerys fan) and hey!...more dragons.

#252 8 years ago

The LE backglass blows the Pro translite away in person, in my opinion. I've seen them both next to each other, zero contest to me. And the cabinet art looks way better than the Pro, because that dragon flame art is great. Hand drawn > stiff PR collages every time!

I think though that the LE art doesn't photograph well. It looks like overtouched PR photos on the computer screen. Lit, in person, it's way nicer, has a real painterly feel, almost a colored pencil softness that just doesn't photograph well.

Plus Stern was only showing 3D renders, and there was some uncanny valley aspect to those that didn't present any of the art in the best light. Everything looks better in person on this game compared to the release photos, not how I would have chosen to reveal the game. I'm sure it was a time pressure thing, but just not a great first impression.

I guess my point is see it in person if you can. And make a decision after that. I'm not sure this is the game for me, but if I were to ever own one, it definitely wouldn't be a Pro.

#253 8 years ago

Only one true ramp on the le

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

hmm.....imo:
2 "true" ramps < (1 "true" ramp + 1 ramp as fast as a "true" ramp + 1 mini playfield + 1 Multiball+twoway diverter with ball lock on a throne)

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Less ramps equals more money lol

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

nope, mine will be here in 2 weeks.

In 2 weeks. We LE buyers are hoping to have our machines since LEs are on the line

On that note. I wonder how many initial run pros made it to Canada

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was a code glitch, not my actual score. I'm good...but not that many zeros good. We've had a 12 billion score here locally, but my best personally is 6 billion and change. Not sure what caused this. Default replay was set at 1 billion. I assumed it doubled to 2 billion after that as I cracked it twice in a row with a 2.3 billion Martell game and was now playing my third game. For fun I chose Tyrell and ended up putting up a 3.2 billion game which was good enough for high score #1 and House Tyrell champion. When I looked at the replay award after entering in my initials this is what I saw. I got a kick out of it, so I thought I would post it.
For big scores on GOT, it isn't long ball times, it's the Super Jackpots during Wall MB that do it. With playfield and shot multipliers you can get some crazy big Wall MB Super Jackpots. On my 6 billion plus game, 4 billion plus was from the Wall MB and on the 12 billion game, 9 billion plus was from Wall MB. Iron Throne can also be worth a couple billion if you play it well too.

Nice. Agreed on the big scores not being long ball times. A welcome change from the usual Stern scoring mechanisms that were on the grind end of the spectrum.
I've gotten 6.5B here on location, EB turned off. Posts wide. It's a fun pin.

#258 8 years ago

So for the current owners; I heard the outlanes were on medium or easy for the expo hence the long ball times and thought I heard Steve Ritchie decided to have the latest runs default the outlanes wide open. Is that true and/or are you guys experiencing long ball times with the outlanes open?

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Nice. Agreed on the big scores not being long ball times. A welcome change from the usual Stern scoring mechanisms that were on the grind end of the spectrum.
I've gotten 6.5B here on location, EB turned off. Posts wide. It's a fun pin.

Is there a good balance of ball times to game progression that you can tell?

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So for the current owners; I heard the outlanes were on medium or easy for the expo hence the long ball times and thought I heard Steve Ritchie decided to have the latest runs default the outlanes wide open. Is that true and/or are you guys experiencing long ball times with the outlanes open?

Not an owner... but played a number of games on location.
For your skill level, you'll want them wide open, tight tilt, and after you've gotten to Iron Throne, take the rubbers off of the outlane posts.

At Buffalo Billiards, we had wide open with rubbers, medium tilt, and the ball times could get pretty long.
You can also make the Lord of Light feature harder.

Stepping up to it cold, you'll brick enough shots off of the stand-ups of death to keep games relatively short. But particularly in a home collection, getting dialed in on the game, ball times will go through the roof.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

For your skill level, you'll want them wide open, tight tilt, and after you've gotten to Iron Throne, take the rubbers off of the outlane posts.
At Buffalo Billiards, we had wide open with rubbers, medium tilt, and the ball times could get pretty long.
Stepping up to it cold, you'll brick enough shots off of the stand-ups of death to keep games relatively short. But particularly in a home collection, getting dialed in on the game, ball times will go through the roof.

Thanks man!

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there a good balance of ball times to game progression that you can tell?

I think so. The game isn't NEARLY as deep as the epic rulesets of LOTR, TSPP, and WOZ. ("Deep" being how far and skillful you must play modes/MB's to get to a wizard mode) I made it to Iron Throne in the first 10-12 plays on the settings listed above.

But GOT has a lot of great "in the moment" choices when it comes to what house to choose (and how to take advantage of that), when to battle certain houses, which house battles to stack, which ones to stack with which MB, etc.

And the risk/reward from the combo X and the PFx (battering ram) is fantastic. This risk/reward causes you to play faster and less controlled, helping to cut down on ball times.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

This draws me away from picking up the pin (pro).

Quoted from Snailman:

I think so. The game isn't NEARLY as deep as the epic rulesets of LOTR, TSPP, and WOZ. ("Deep" being how far and skillful you must play modes/MB's to get to a wizard mode) I made it to Iron Throne in the first 10-12 plays on the settings listed above.
But GOT has a lot of great "in the moment" choices when it comes to what house to choose (and how to take advantage of that), when to battle certain houses, which house battles to stack, which ones to stack with which MB, etc.
And the risk/reward from the combo X and the PFx (battering ram) is fantastic. This risk/reward causes you to play faster and less controlled, helping to cut down on ball times.

This draws me closer lol

#264 8 years ago

There's also a decent variety to the length and skill required to complete modes (House Battles). One mode can be finished in two shots -- but if you want to milk it for max points, you'll need more than 10. It's your CHOICE.

The element of CHOICE is where GOT shines. I can choose to cash out my Stark battle for only a couple mil if I simply want to progress faster toward their house sword, Hand of the King, and Iron Throne. Or I can take it to max value, plus spend some extra shots (without accidentally hitting an orbit) to max out my multiplier before cashing in.

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Seems like Tyrell is a really popular house to play here as well with that inlane multiplier!

Not to mention that if you choose Tyrell, then you don't have to QUALIFY the house to battle it. It's definitely the most difficult and dangerous to qualify.

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

There's also a decent variety to the length and skill required to complete modes (House Battles). One mode can be finished in two shots -- but if you want to milk it for max points, you'll need more than 10. It's your CHOICE.
The element of CHOICE is where GOT shines. I can choose to cash out my Stark battle for only a couple mil if I simply want to progress faster toward their house sword, Hand of the King, and Iron Throne. Or I can take it to max value, plus spend some extra shots (without accidentally hitting an orbit) to max out my multiplier before cashing in.

Nice! I imagine the scoring in those mini wizard modes is based on how well you did in each mode, could you tell off your limited play?

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! I imagine the scoring in those mini wizard modes is based on how well you did in each mode, could you tell off your limited play?

Great question. I wish I knew. The pin plays too fast/furious (because I'm trying to take advantage of not letting my combo/PF X expire) for me to look up at the DMD to notice.

I did notice that the Iron Throne wizard mode has cool dots (not video clip grabs!) to begin each stage.

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

In 2 weeks. We LE buyers are hoping to have our machines since LEs are on the line
On that note. I wonder how many initial run pros made it to Canada

I don't think many have made it north of the border yet. My distributer (one of the two(?) in Canada) commented that they've sold about a half dozen premium games, I can't imagine the number of LE's will be to high (a lot of collectors seem out because of the low dollar) and I haven't heard many Canadians on here comment about getting the pro. I'd bet less then 50 are here.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hand of the King mini wizard gets features added to it depending on which 4 houses you completed, like adding to the Super Jackpot value or changing the amount of shots you need to complete each shot. Hand of the King is not that valuable point wise. Iron Throne you progress through all the houses and battle them. It is a multiball, but can be played on one ball like Horde on TWD. You have to hit all the shots and then hit the Ram shot for Super Jackpot, which will add a ball. Iron Throne can be very valuable point wise.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The mini wizard changes based off what houses you've completed to get there. I believe the shots it takes for you to complete the HOTK changes based off what 4 houses you completed beforehand, not how well you did in those modes.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Stepping up to it cold, you'll brick enough shots off of the stand-ups of death to keep games relatively short.

I can confirm this!

I do think that good players are going to find the ball times on the long side though. More Spider-Man than ACDC perhaps?

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

To answer this, the game shipped with outlanes opened.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I can't wait until mine ships. From some of your writeups this game will shine. It just makes me want it more and more. These, and something Steve Richie said during the Dead Flip thing... How the ruleset was very different and was more like an adventure game where your choices were the direction you were going in.

#274 8 years ago

Gameplay video with new code.More music,more speech,Lights toned down.

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

» YouTube video

Sweet, drops and spinner on the pro... Game looks good!

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

» YouTube video

Great video! The ripped video clips on the DMD look much clearer than in SM, IM, TF, etc.

#278 8 years ago

"Gameplay video with new code.More music,more speech,Lights toned down."

The new dragon motion looks cool. It looks as though the sword lock is a virtual lock now?

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

... It looks as though the sword lock is a virtual lock now?

i hope not, what will be the point of the sword holding the balls.

#280 8 years ago

One thing I did like on GOT (I played it at the DPO, but had seen it before in videos too): normally a kickback to the flippers as in F14 always kicks the ball back, now with GOT it's still one shot, but it can do 2 things (kick back, or keep the ball and trade your gold). Very easy to make, but hey, I don think it's been done before(?) and I think it is nice to keep seeing some new things like these (if I'm not mistaken that it's a 'first').

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from sven:

One thing I did like on GOT (I played it at the DPO, but had seen it before in videos too): normally a kickback to the flippers as in F14 always kicks the ball back, now with GOT it's still one shot, but it can do 2 things (kick back, or keep the ball and trade your gold). Very easy to make, but hey, I don think it's been done before(?) and I think it is nice to keep seeing some new things like these (if I'm not mistaken that it's a 'first').

So you have not played Star Trek then

#282 8 years ago

Sword lock is indeed still a physical lock. Dragon kickback/hold, I believe a similar thing was done with the Bird shot on BBH.

Last night I was playing after league and I had Stark in Alliance with Greyjoy, I couldn't find any way to complete it. Must have played that mode 4-5 times. Anyone know how to complete this, or could this be a bug?

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sword lock is indeed still a physical lock. Dragon kickback/hold, I believe a similar thing was done with the Bird shot on BBH.
Last night I was playing after league and I had Stark in Alliance with Greyjoy, I couldn't find any way to complete it. Must have played that mode 4-5 times. Anyone know how to complete this, or could this be a bug?

I had the same issue. The loops were flashing like I could cash in Stark, but nothing happened when I made the shot.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I don't recall if I posted it here or on Tilt Forum --- it's because playing as Greyjoy makes all the other house battles MORE DIFFICULT. So you have to clear all the purple flashing shots during Stark in order to have the orbits count as your final "cash out" shot. Otherwise, the orbits will behave like a ramp and just keep adding points to your Stark cash out value.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

the orbits will behave like a ramp and just keep adding points to your Stark cash out value.

Edit: I misread your post. Sorry!

Thanks for the clarification on the greyjoy rules!

#286 8 years ago

Is my LE ready yet?

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I don't recall if I posted it here or on Tilt Forum --- it's because playing as Greyjoy makes all the other house battles MORE DIFFICULT. So you have to clear all the purple flashing shots during Stark in order to have the orbits count as your final "cash out" shot. Otherwise, the orbits will behave like a ramp and just keep adding points to your Stark cash out value.

Yes this ^^^ The third dragon on Targaryen is ridiculous with Greyjoy. I found that out the hard way.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is my LE ready yet?

They're working on mine now. They're storing the parts they need to assemble mine on top of your machine.

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They're working on mine now. They're storing the parts they need to assemble mine on top of your machine.

Ass...lol

#290 8 years ago

So why is it when you choose Greyjoy first, it seems as if the mode is already complete? Purple shield will be solidly lit and the Sword insert is already lit on the right ramp? I don't understand that one. Are all Greyjoy modes played in Alliance with all the other modes?

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So why is it when you choose Greyjoy first, it seems as if the mode is already complete? Purple shield will be solidly lit and the Sword insert is already lit on the right ramp? I don't understand that one. Are all Greyjoy modes played in Alliance with all the other modes?

I believe so, yes. It's unique.
But potentially very rewarding, because you enjoy the house benefit from any house battle you complete.

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

But potentially very rewarding, because you enjoy the house benefit from any house battle you complete.

Really? So, for example, if I complete House Martell while fighting for Greyjoy then I get the add-a-ball feature as if I was playing as House Martell? That is awesome.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Really? So, for example, if I complete House Martell while fighting for Greyjoy then I get the add-a-ball feature as if I was playing as House Martell? That is awesome.

Yep. But like he said, it's a lot harder to complete Martell than if you selected another house to represent.

#294 8 years ago

I just tried the pro and cannot select the different houses at the beginning. I was stuck with Greyjoy and was told by the sales rep that the new code didn't allow it and you needed to access it through some sort of competition mode whatever that is. I hope they fix that.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. But like he said, it's a lot harder to complete Martell than if you selected another house to represent.

Yep. This. ^^^ You get the other house benefit after you beat them, but it is harder to beat them in the first place now.

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I just tried the pro and cannot select the different houses at the beginning. I was stuck with Greyjoy and was told by the sales rep that the new code didn't allow it and you needed to access it through some sort of competition mode whatever that is. I hope they fix that.

Hold down the fire button for 3 seconds before hitting start.

#297 8 years ago

Sales rep has no clue.....

#298 8 years ago

And it is still set in simple mode. I forget the setting name, but it is easy to switch in a home environment.

#299 8 years ago

In your settings, disable "Casual Mode"

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Yeah freaking Greyjoy sucks ass unless you are really good, like you guys are, so maybe you can get some mega powers going

I was wondering what some people's highest single shot value has been? I wanted to try a thing playing as Tyrell to get the PF multiplier up and combo multiplier and start Stark and cash it out at max value. I only got a couple things going but got like 750M or so for the shot. I know based on math at least that there should be some multibillion point shots available

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.