371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 144.
#2901 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Funny, in a round about way, it's something me and John have in common. We have a cat named Khaleesi.

That officially makes you "GOT_BREATH"

Robin is making the change now....

#2902 7 years ago

Ordering a GoT Pro tomorrow and wondering if anyone has installed gold mirror blades on theirs? I have a set that was going to be installed on my Shadow when I finished it. But I also have a spare set of regular mirror blades I could also use.

#2903 7 years ago

I'm curious about them too. Considering them for my Pro. I think they will look great, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

#2904 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ordering a GoT Pro tomorrow and wondering if anyone has installed gold mirror blades on theirs? I have a set that was going to be installed on my Shadow when I finished it. But I also have a spare set of regular mirror blades I could also use.

I think the gold would look great on a GOT pro.

#2905 7 years ago

i have a regular set of mirror blades for my GOT pro, no installed yet, i'm lifting that playfield almost every day to install mod and trying new stuff.
i'd be curious to see what gold looks like installed before i make my final decision.

anyone have pictures of gold mirror blades in a pro?

#2906 7 years ago

Haha. We are all being pussies about pulling the trigger on gold blades. I nominate PoMC to do the first install pics as he already bought them

#2907 7 years ago

In for pics of the gold blades!!

#2908 7 years ago

I'll install them and take pics for everyone to see, even if I don't leave them on. I saw some great looking artwork blades in this thread that I might consider since the gold blades are supposed to go on Shadow.

#2909 7 years ago

Will B/w blades work on a stern?

#2910 7 years ago

I just brought my GOTLE home last night and I can't play it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psa-pwm-controller-spike-shaker-dead-node-1-board#post-3138680

I hope I can get a replacement Node 1 board before league night on Saturday.

#2911 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Will B/w blades work on a stern?

No, they haven't in my experience. I bought a set and they accidentally sent W/B and they were not cut the same.

Gold blades made a huge difference in my LOTR. I love how they look.

#2912 7 years ago

Here's some gold accents on my pro (inserts on the stark rails and leg bolts) subtle but I think it adds a lot...wonder if gold mirror blades would be too much.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2913 7 years ago

These are the blades I think I want, looks like they're a Stern mod. I'll still install, or at least hold the gold mirrors in place and take pics, but I think this potentially looks the best.

http://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product_detail.asp?productId=525&categoryId=64&returnPage=%2Fproducts%2Easp%3FcategoryId%3D64%26returnPage%3D%252Fcategories%252Easp%253FcategoryId%253D23

#2914 7 years ago

I just can't get into mirror blades. Every machine I've ever seen with them is a mess from lifting the playfield and screwing them up.....Just don't understand the desire to get them.

#2915 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Here's some gold accents on my pro (inserts on the stark rails and leg bolts) subtle but I think it adds a lot...wonder if gold mirror blades would be too much.

If I had a Premium, I'd go with the black mirror blades.

#2916 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I just can't get into mirror blades. Every machine I've ever seen with them is a mess from lifting the playfield and screwing them up.....Just don't understand the desire to get them.

For me, blades give the playfield a nice self contained 3D immersion. My No Fear with Flames pinblades looks fantastic and other games with mirror blades look shiny and clean. Plain, painted cabinet sides are boring to me.

#2917 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Wow those leg bolts looks magic, you've convinced me. I think they'll go well with the Lannister ones i have as well. Where did you get them from?

DSC_0312_(resized).JPGDSC_0312_(resized).JPG

#2918 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Not for everyone but I have them on my games for a lot of the same reasons that PoMC has stated. I also love the way it adds to the lighting.

As far as the scratching. A cheap vacuum plug does wonders there to prevent damage to the blades. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-47388?seid=srese1&gclid=CLfYk_2czcwCFZaEaQoddVcAaQ I'm constantly lifting and lowering my PF and since adding these things I'm scratch free.

#2919 7 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Wow those leg bolts looks magic, you've convinced me. I think they'll go well with the Lannister ones i have as well. Where did you get them from?

Got mine from PBL, but Marco has them too.

#2920 7 years ago

What are you guys using for the gold behind the side armor? Looks great!

#2921 7 years ago

The Lannister comes with it...I had to remove the insert on my Stark and paint it.

#2922 7 years ago

Where can I find the best price for a shaker motor?

#2923 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Where can I find the best price for a shaker motor?

Be careful on best price. Hear there are issues blowing boards. Look at post 2910. Not sure the problem

#2924 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Be careful on best price. Hear there are issues blowing boards. Look at post 2910. Not sure the problem

Hmmm, I've had Pinball Life's spike shaker in my pro since day one with no issues.

#2925 7 years ago

Ive used cointakers red tremor since day one without issues

#2926 7 years ago

After market shakers are fine, just be sure to remove any capacitor you might see. And don't install a motor controller like I did.

#2927 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hmmm, I've had Pinball Life's spike shaker in my pro since day one with no issues.

Same here. I think it was $99 also.

#2928 7 years ago

Pinball life's shakers have always treated me well. I've bought outside pinball life for a shaker twice before and had a problem with both of them!

#2929 7 years ago

Here's my "Fire and Ice" lighting mod. I replaced most of the GI with warm white frosted LEDs from CT. I left the cool white LEDs for the upper right playfield and the Castle Black kicker lane. It's not as bright, but it works for me.

IMG_7729.JPGIMG_7729.JPG

IMG_7730.JPGIMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7731.JPGIMG_7731.JPG

IMG_7732.JPGIMG_7732.JPG

IMG_7733.JPGIMG_7733.JPG

#2930 7 years ago

Just joined the club recently! I wish there was a big castle mod for the center area somehow.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2931 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just joined the club recently! I wish there was a big castle mod for the center area somehow.

Imo, after playong and now owning a pro, i would never cover up the ramps with a castle mod. I love how the pro plays and that you can always see the ball and there feel the shots better. I think the prem is much more annoying to play, harder to find left/lock ramp since its just like shooting into nothing :p

Btw, does anyone know if the geometry and width of the left ramp entry is 100 % similar on pro and premium? For me the prem ramp seems much more difficult to get a clean shot to, whereas on the pro im much more consistent. But might be just eye hand coordination disturbed due to upper pf.

#2932 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Imo, after playong and now owning a pro, i would never cover up the ramps with a castle mod. I love how the pro plays and that you can always see the ball and there feel the shots better. I think the prem is much more annoying to play, harder to find left/lock ramp since its just like shooting into nothing :p
Btw, does anyone know if the geometry and width of the left ramp entry is 100 % similar on pro and premium? For me the prem ramp seems much more difficult to get a clean shot to, whereas on the pro im much more consistent. But might be just eye hand coordination disturbed due to upper pf.

Same ramp. It's a mental thing, once you get past that you can repeat the ramp just as easily.

#2933 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Same ramp. It's a mental thing, once you get past that you can repeat the ramp just as easily.

I've actually found that on most Prem/LEs the left ramp is much easier to hit especially from the left flipper. But that's probably just mental for me too.

#2934 7 years ago

I love the 3 shots that go under the castle.

#2935 7 years ago

Saw someone selling miniature swords to install next to the ramps in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-3-swords-mod

Searched around and found these LOTR swords which, I think, look much better. I don't recall seeing any swords in the GoT show that have big round jewels in the hilt or having color like the swords above have.

Plus you get 6 swords for $20 shipping (submit a best offer of $20 and it will be automatically accepted), versus 3 for $18.

ebay.com link: LOTR Lord of the Rings Letter Opener Fantasy Miniature Swords Blades Set 6pcs

#2936 7 years ago

^^^Curious to see how they mount and look, keep us posted. I do agree they look better

#2937 7 years ago

Question regarding adding a subwoofer. I saw some posts about connecting a sub to the headphone jack. Normally I make a cable with clips and connect to the cabinet speaker. I don't own a pin later than 2000, so wondering the cabinet speaker is still the same?

#2938 7 years ago

Finally was able to do the BFW and WHC stack, really cool. Now that's one of my goals I try to accomplish every game. I really hope they add more animations and sounds to beef up the DMD and gameplay experience. Otherwise, pretty awesome rules.

#2939 7 years ago

I finally had a chance to update to 1.29. I love updating games because I want to see what changed. Unfortunately anytime I do update, my playing goes to shit so I see nothing. I swear I'll find a way to blame Dwight

#2940 7 years ago

When is Bowen going to do a tutorial on this game? and I hope he does it on the pro.

#2941 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Question regarding adding a subwoofer. I saw some posts about connecting a sub to the headphone jack. Normally I make a cable with clips and connect to the cabinet speaker. I don't own a pin later than 2000, so wondering the cabinet speaker is still the same?

yep, just connect your alligator clips to the cabinet speaker and you'll be fine.

#2942 7 years ago

Had a crazy thing happen at league last night. Someone took a picture so I'll see if I can get it from him.

To make a short story longer I was on ball three and just finished getting my second tilt warning while finishing stark mode to get THOK ready. I get control and shoot the center ramp and start THOK. About 10 seconds into THOK I noticed I was only playing with 1 ball. I thought I must have drained out and had a really crappy THOK and kept playing for about 10 seconds. that is when I noticed I was still collecting jackpots. I quickly cradled up and started searching for a lost ball. To my amazement I had two balls stuck at the right loop. Apparently one ball was coming out of the pops when another was coming through the loop and they wedged each other together thus sticking the balls together. Knowing that you can't play a MB with a stuck ball I shot the left loop to unstick the balls. To everyone's amazement that caught another ball so I now had 3 balls stuck there.

I was already on 2 tilt warnings so I couldn't nudge them apart and we play on location so taking the glass off was going to be a problem. Turns out that after enough time the game will kick out another ball of which I shot the right loop this time which free them all up. Was pretty crazy.

Oh, and yeah. I sucked after that with the the mode and drained out immediately. I wound up with a BWMB, THOK and even got Wall MB. Total score was only 590 million. Talk about leaving points on the table

Thought you all would find this amusing. Hopefully I can get a copy of the picture as it was priceless.

#2943 7 years ago

Hah! That's some funny shit there. That sure is a low score for all that!

#2944 7 years ago

Had a really odd Midnight Madness two nights ago. No, I wasn't on Iron Throne.

This was on 1.29. It started during what was probably going to be the end of my Blackwater multiball, and it was a relatively uneventful/unspectacular game otherwise. MM started up right in the middle of nowhere - that is: no going dark, draining balls, ringing the bell - just the DMD jumping straight to the Midnight Madness score tally and none of the flashing effects. My balls at that immediate point were already on the verge of draining. Basically, the game was just sitting there with no balls being kicked out or on the playfield, but Midnight Madness continuing. I wound up having to use my Martell add-a-ball just to get it to kick one ball before MM as usual.

#2945 7 years ago

Anyone notice the midnight madness attract mode? Pretty freakin cool!

My 3 yr old is like what's that noise dad. I'm like, it's the midnight madness champion. He's like, ooooooooo midnight madness champion.

#2946 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone notice the midnight madness attract mode? Pretty freakin cool!
My 3 yr old is like what's that noise dad. I'm like, it's the midnight madness champion. He's like, ooooooooo midnight madness champion.

GoT is almost always turned off when not being played, but was on the other night. Midnight Madness Attract rang out. Yes, very cool!

#2947 7 years ago

Got a copy of the pic. This was before I got ball three stuck.

IMG_0963_(resized).JPGIMG_0963_(resized).JPG

#2948 7 years ago

Who was it that was putting gold mirrors in and did they ever post pics?
I'll be making my mirror blade order in the next couple weeks, thinking gold but they're pricey.

#2949 7 years ago

I have the gold blades, but not the GoT yet.

#2950 7 years ago

I think $200 is a little crazy Ill do standard mirror

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/59?hl=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.