371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 144.
#2701 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Finally made it to Iron Throne last night. Gotta say it was a major let down. Mode design was OK but their were no callouts and practically no animations at all. Hopefully something more will be put in there in the next update as HOTK felt much more polished. Still love the game but would be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed in that mode.
Last night was another great example of having to maximize points in this game vs just getting through modes. My plan was to just get as far as I could so I finished all the modes as fast as possible without worrying about multipliers. I finished 2 BWMB's, WHC, Wall MB, HOTK and was one house away from beating Iron Throne. Total score was only 3.2 billion.

While I agree IT needs call outs and/or more sound progression queues. I thought the animations and maps of traveling through all the castles and areas was a cool effect.

EDIT: but then again I haven't made IT in a long time so going off memory.

I put my LOL setting back to defaul, I do like this better as it was too easy before. But with the 3 bank setting it might not be so bad if it didn't keep counting even when you have LOL lit, know what I mean? Also, it should be use LOL from banks once a game, not light LOL once a game. If that makes sense.

Anyway, that coupled with the fact that my 3 1/2 yr old LOVES this game and anytime I power the game on he has to play too so we share flippers; I haven't had many chances to make IT. But well worth it! You should hear him when we play, he loves making ramp shots and know when BW MB starts and yells with a fist in the air "Multiball!!" And when Multiball ends, he always says "Stannis fleet burns!!" He gets a kick out of that. When he does watch me play, he likes to repeat the jackpot call outs too. I think the Hound (Rory McCann) absolutely nailed the call outs in this pin. I'm even so bold to say that they are better than Gimilis LOTR call outs!

#2702 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Finally made it to Iron Throne last night. Gotta say it was a major let down. Mode design was OK but their were no callouts and practically no animations at all. Hopefully something more will be put in there in the next update as HOTK felt much more polished. Still love the game but would be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed in that mode.

Phew! Glad I'll never see it!

#2703 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

While I agree HOTK needs call outs and/or more sound progression queues. I thought the animations and maps of traveling through all the castles and areas was a cool effect.

Assuming you are talking Iron Throne (you wrote HOTK). Must have missed the maps. For sounds, all I heard was music. Got a lot more call outs and sound from reg modes and HOTK. Seems as though their should be some battle sounds and call outs in Iron Throne.

#2704 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Assuming you are talking Iron Throne (you wrote HOTK). Must have missed the maps. For sounds, all I heard was music. Got a lot more call outs and sound from reg modes and HOTK. Seems as though their should be some battle sounds and call outs in Iron Throne.

Oops. Yes IT. Fixed. Added some extra thoughts too to my post.

Overall, the game still needs A LOT of sound queues. Not just IT, but WHC is lacking hard. You make a shot and nothing happens; defeat the boss, nothing happens...sound wise. Game needs more sound indicators or call outs that you're doing good and progressing.

#2705 7 years ago

Would be cool to have some sort of hidden 'The Hound' call out if you ever make a 500mil+ shot. Like 'Toasty' in mortal Kombat (obviously not Toasty, but you know what I mean), something that makes you go whoa! What just happened - another example; James Hetfield, "Jack F'n Pot" in Metallica.

#2706 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah, you must have missed the dots -- cuz you're trying to play the mode
The dots are good for Iron Throne. As you've noted, the sounds and callouts (zero, IIRC) are not.

#2707 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Would be cool to have some sort of hidden 'The Hound' call out if you ever make a 500mil+ shot. Like 'Toasty' in mortal Kombat (obviously not Toasty, but you know what I mean), something that makes you go whoa! What just happened - another example; James Hetfield, "Jack F'n Pot" in Metallica.

Agreed. We need a call out about the chickens

"You keep shooting like that I'm going to have to eat every &*^% chicken in here."

I hear you about the little ones. My 6 year old love the game too. She still floats over to METLE though as she can't get enough of bashing on sparky. It's nice to see them get caught up in the games. Makes the $$$ we spend for these toys much easier to swallow. My 6 month old is starting to get curious. He loves to watch all the lights. I just hope one day either him or my daughter will get into it enough so that we can do some father son/daughter tournaments together. I see Colin a.k.a snailman and Robert (not sure if he is on pinside) with their kids and get kind of jealous (ssshhh don't tell them).

Also agreed on the LOL settings. I hope that gets an update to. Would love to see settings for once per ball or at least you get to use it once. I have my LOL on once per game and it seems I always light it right before a center drain.

#2709 7 years ago

On the right ramp shot to the upper playfield issue, also double check the height of the drop target in front of the ramp. Mine was not quite flush when it was down and was causing the ball to jump, especially if it was hit at fast pace. You can easily raise or lower it with the two screws near the coil under the play field. This made my ramp shot work much better.

#2710 7 years ago

My gate was actually too low for a bit. Ball got ~stuck in the divot, just barely.

#2711 7 years ago

Woo Hoo! Broke a billion for the first time and got to The Hand of the King for my first time Fun

unnamed_(resized).jpgunnamed_(resized).jpg

#2712 7 years ago

Anyone in midatlantic upgrading from pro to Prem/LE let me know.

Looking for a pro.

#2713 7 years ago

duplicate post

#2714 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Total score was only 3.2 billion.

"Only" he says

#2715 7 years ago

New mod. Thanks to the comet matrix lights and two 3 led strip lights I now have GI on my mini PF at the flippers. Subtle but I like it.

20160422_125011_(resized).jpg20160422_125011_(resized).jpg

#2716 7 years ago

85vett,

Where did you grab 6.3V to light that up? Where did you attach it to?

#2717 7 years ago

Used a matrix bulb from comet. Bulb has a harness attached to it. I then used his 3 splicer harness. That socket drives those two lights and one under the apron.

#2718 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I put that one together. I need to change the ring behind the drops. I think Stern had 1 3/4" and the game had a 2" on there. I'll change that this morning.

I'll probably post all this info in the Titan thread but....

I finished with my Titan order and replacement. Here's what I have to report. There's an extra 7/16" rubber not mentioned in the manual or Titan list. It's on the left side just below the drops, above the left outlane. So total quantity of 7/16" = 2

The 1 1/2" rubber behind the drops works perfect.

That said, I decided to go with red for my GOT PRO and they look great! I went with all whites for the rubbers in the pops area; for these, I wish I went with translucent, but the whites are fine.

EDIT: oh, I got some Titan flipper rubber too but I did not like them at all!!! I hate super bands too btw. I then went with standard red but it just didn't shoot as good as the factory black. So I stuck to black.

Here's pics of the red Titans installed:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2719 7 years ago

Those reds look good, almost an exact match in color for the inlane guides. Maybe I should try blues to match the blue inlanes I swapped out on premium.

#2720 7 years ago

No doubt GOt pro kicked my a__ at NY, NY in Vegas last week. Never even got multiball.

#2721 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Last night was another great example of having to maximize points in this game vs just getting through modes. My plan was to just get as far as I could so I finished all the modes as fast as possible without worrying about multipliers. I finished 2 BWMB's, WHC, Wall MB, HOTK and was one house away from beating Iron Throne. Total score was only 3.2 billion.

I hope they add more call outs! Not sure though.

#2722 7 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

No doubt GOt pro kicked my a__ at NY, NY in Vegas last week. Never even got multiball.

Keep playing. Once you find the shots it really comes alive.

#2723 7 years ago

Titan reds look AMAZING. Ug, must resist the urge to keep taking this game apart haha.

#2724 7 years ago

85Vette. Cool lights, but where did you get the upper playfield metal diverted sticker? It is a no brainer add.

#2725 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'll probably post all this info in the Titan thread but....
I finished with my Titan order and replacement. Here's what I have to report. There's an extra 7/16" rubber not mentioned in the manual or Titan list. It's on the left side just below the drops, above the left outlane. So total quantity of 7/16" = 2
The 1 1/2" rubber behind the drops works perfect.
That said, I decided to go with red for my GOT PRO and they look great! I went with all whites for the rubbers in the pops area; for these, I wish I went with translucent, but the whites are fine.
EDIT: oh, I got some Titan flipper rubber too but I did not like them at all!!! I hate super bands too btw. I then went with standard red but it just didn't shoot as good as the factory black. So I stuck to black.
Here's pics of the red Titans installed:
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Fixed the 7/16 ID count. Thanks!

#2726 7 years ago

For what it's worth, I really do like the Iron Throne mode music. You can hear it pretty clearly over the lack of callouts/sfx.

#2727 7 years ago

This....game....is.....intense!!!!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

As stark even!
All factory. 3 tilt warnings.

EDIT: ...and never mind that it was my 20th straight game of the night til I could finally pull this off.

#2728 7 years ago

Great job! But if it's three tilt warnings, it ain't all factory!

#2729 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

image_(resized).jpg
As stark even!
EDIT: ...and never mind that it was my 20th straight game of the night til I could finally pull this off.

Seriously. I hate you. Stay the hell away from my games and their GCs.

I can fairly routinely get a bill. Really good game is 2ish. GC Is high 2s. And I have even made it to Iron Throne once! But I can't get into the mega score territory. Likely because I suck.

#2730 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

image_(resized).jpg
As stark even!

all your setup is factory (except free game i suppose) and you are with 1.25 revision. correct?
thanks

#2731 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Seriously. I hate you. Stay the hell away from my games and their GCs.
I can fairly routinely get a bill. Really good game is 2ish. GC Is high 2s. And I have even made it to Iron Throne once! But I can't get into the mega score territory. Likely because I suck.

Nope. You just need to have longer HOTK rounds and also that super stack is very lucrative if you keep it alive and make shots. If you can get to the hurry up in HOTK that will pretty much double your score right there. Easier said than done though.

Hey SKB did you get those crazy stark rounds going during HOTK too? I wonder what everyone's high scores are going to be once that is nerfed? I bet 10-12 billion will be epic after that is fixed.

Either way though, great score and seems like your Iron throne round was great as well. I wouldn't know what a good score during that is yet. Haha.

#2732 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. You just need to have longer HOTK rounds and also that super stack is very lucrative if you keep it alive and make shots. If you can get to the hurry up in HOTK that will pretty much double your score right there. Easier said than done though.
Hey SKB did you get those crazy stark rounds going during HOTK too? I wonder what everyone's high scores are going to be once that is nerfed? I bet 10-12 billion will be epic after that is fixed.
Either way though, great score and seems like your Iron throne round was great as well. I wouldn't know what a good score during that is yet. Haha.

No this wasn't from the stark round scoring exploit. I did get the super stack with stark and there's a slight bug with it. If you get an add a ball via pops you can continuously drain while playing 1 ball and get an approximate 2-3 min ball saver. So I got roughly 3-4 bil from wall and WHC multiballs - the tricky part with this is cashing in the right loop WIC shot with 4-5 balls continually firing from the shooter lane. But still, doing HOTK, super stack, and IT without the stark exploit as house stark is very intense.

#2733 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No this wasn't from the stark round scoring exploit. I did get the super stack with stark and there's a slight bug with it. If you get an add a ball via pops you can continuously drain while playing 1 ball and get an approximate 2-3 min ball saver. So I got roughly 3-4 bil from wall and WHC multiballs - the tricky part with this is cashing in the right loop WIC shot with 4-5 balls continually firing from the shooter lane. But still, doing HOTK, super stack, and IT without the stark exploit as house stark is very intense.

Yeah dude that's awesome. I feel like I need to have the add a ball or else I stand no chance of getting long enough HOTK and super stack modes to get scores that high.

#2734 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah dude that's awesome. I feel like I need to have the add a ball or else I stand no chance of getting long enough HOTK and super stack modes to get scores that high.

You don't need the Martel add a ball with the super stack. Just keep draining and keep a ball in the pops. My HOTK wasn't that great that game. It was all from super stack, modes, and IT

#2735 7 years ago

Can you guys explain what is a "super stack"? I see that term kicked about, bot clear what's actually happening or what brings you there.

Thx

#2736 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Can you guys explain what is a "super stack"? I see that term kicked about, bot clear what's actually happening or what brings you there.
Thx

Get 3 WICs completed. Then light BFW multiball. Then start your 4th WIC but do not collect - then start BFW mb - then collect your 4th WIC. It's a freakin awesome stack! But hard to pull off.

#2737 7 years ago

Couple questions for you guys.

What's the most points you've collected from a single sword? I collected(Long Claw IIRC) with a massive multiplier the other night for 78M!

What's your best score playing as Lannister? Lannister seems to be the hardest to score well on. Last night I just kept playing Lannister over and over and finally got to Iron Throne and got 3.4billion.

I know this will sound strange, but on the premium/le my favorite thing about Iron Throne is the COLOR of the inserts. It is a beautiful turquoise blue that is not used at any other time in the game!

Following the Elwin strategy from his epic game in Circuit Finals, my new thing is to play as Martell but actively try to NOT start or complete the Martell mode. That way you get the add-a-ball feature, but don't get the Martell penalty if you make it to HOTK.

#2738 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Couple questions for you guys.
What's the most points you've collected from a single sword? I collected(Long Claw IIRC) with a massive multiplier the other night for 78M!
What's your best score playing as Lannister? Lannister seems to be the hardest to score well on. Last night I just kept playing Lannister over and over and finally got to Iron Throne and got 3.4billion.
I know this will sound strange, but on the premium/le my favorite thing about Iron Throne is the COLOR of the inserts. It is a beautiful turquoise blue that is not used at any other time in the game!
Following the Elwin strategy from his epic game in Circuit Finals, my new thing is to play as Martell but actively try to NOT start or complete the Martell mode. That way you get the add-a-ball feature, but don't get the Martell penalty if you make it to HOTK.

I never see very high sword scores. Typically <10 mil. Swords are very important for increasing multipliers. I think you only need 2 swords to max multipliers?

My Lannister score sucks! I can't find a very good lucrative strategy for them. Think my Lannister is barely 2 bil. I wonder if a good future addition for being Lannister would be the ability to cash in mysterys during modes?

#2739 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Get 3 WICs completed. Then light BFW multiball. Then start your 4th WIC but do not collect - then start BFW mb - then collect your 4th WIC. It's a freakin awesome stack! But hard to pull off.

OK, this sounds like a glass-off type mode for me.

Thanks

#2740 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

OK, this sounds like a glass-off type mode for me.

This stack is much more difficult on the Prem IMO. If your last WIC hurry up is Martell and you then shoot the dragon for the final time to light wall MB, I wonder if the stack starts automatically by shooting the right orbit?

#2741 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's a pretty amazing game on a pro! The pro is much more intense and brutal than the prem/LE in my opinion.

#2742 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Great job! But if it's three tilt warnings, it ain't all factory!

ROFL! I do play with a medium-tight tilt and even tilted on ball 2 trying to make a save during targaryan 3.

#2743 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

That's a pretty amazing game on a pro! The pro is much more intense and brutal than the prem/LE in my opinion.

Thanks man. Sometimes I wonder if the premium is harder. Robs premium has been kicking my ass but I wonder if that's cause I'm so used to the pro?

#2744 7 years ago

That raises a good question. What would the factory tilt setting be do you guys think? It doesn't come installed, so I think that is left up to interpretation. Mine basically allows one good strong save per ball. Slide saves get you two warnings but no more unless you try a second one.

#2745 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That raises a good question. What would the factory tilt setting be do you guys think? It doesn't come installed, so I think that is left up to interpretation. Mine basically allows one good strong save per ball. Slide saves get you two warnings but no more unless you try a second one.

I like to play with medium to tight tilts. Just enough for little nudges but anything stronger will warn me. Am I the only one that sets it to 3 tilt warnings? dont know why I'm so accustomed to having that setting, are the old B/W games 3 tilt warnings?

#2746 7 years ago

2 warnings for me. The only thing I mess with is the tilt bob, casual play mode is off, and free play is on. That's the only stuff that isn't default on my game.

#2747 7 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

85Vette. Cool lights, but where did you get the upper playfield metal diverted sticker? It is a no brainer add.

Capgunner from the orbit fix thread sells them. If memory serves me correctly they are 10 shipped.

#2748 7 years ago

This might sound really dumb to other seasoned GOT owners but I just figured out that when advancing towards a WIC hurry up, you can advance to it with any completed house shot, then when you're down to the last shot, you can choose any other house shot to start the hurry up on. Then the counter resets back to 3.

#2749 7 years ago

I haven't played this game for a couple months. Since making iron throne it has lost all its interest. Game is sold awaiting pick up. Getting to wizard mode on a game easily is a real bummer and those games don't last long.

#2750 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I haven't played this game for a couple months. Since making iron throne it has lost all its interest. Game is sold awaiting pick up. Getting to wizard mode on a game easily is a real bummer and those games don't last long.

Should have set it up harder to make it more challenging. I know that can easily be done on this game (look at TPF and national scores). So much more than the wizard mode on this game to. Stacking of modes and maxing scores is more fun to me to.

But if it just isn't hitting it for you then nothing can change that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/55?hl=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.