371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 144.
#2651 8 years ago

When I set my game up it was steeper than 6.5. Since I adjusted it to 6.5, I have had zero throne bounce outs.

#2652 8 years ago

Mine is at 6.9 with no problems.

#2653 8 years ago

I would never be able to play this game at 6.5 pitch. 6.9 seems to be a really good sweet spot. IMO.

#2654 8 years ago

I'm at 6.8 degrees and plays awesome. That Dany figure is too big, try this, more proportionate to the dragon that's in the play field. image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2655 8 years ago

Woohoo, my wife sent me this picture from home right now!
Nice comment from Kristin also, hehe.

pakke1_(resized).jpgpakke1_(resized).jpg

#2656 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Woohoo, my wife sent me this picture from home right now!
Nice comment from Kristin also, hehe.

pakke1_(resized).jpg

Don't assemble it like in that picture. The body of the ram needs to be turned around. The tapered end needs to face the player.

#2657 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't assemble it like in that picture. The body of the ram needs to be turned around. The tapered end needs to face the player.

Yup I remember
Wont be doing it before earliest late evening today :/

#2658 8 years ago

I don't really "hate" them they just don't excite me in the least. It's one of those things that's kind of silly to me...really getting excited because a game is shaking; it's just weird.
For me it's a lot like undercab lighting..."Wow my game is making a bunch of light that's coming out the bottom...amAzBalLZzz!!1!!

Quoted from kermit24:

Guys,
Picked up a figure at the local comic shop and found a perfect spot. She is even wearing the same outfit as the backglass!

It's spot on with her acting abilities!

#2659 8 years ago

Anyone trading a GoT? I have a shadow, TWD or TZ

#2660 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone trading a GoT? I have a shadow, TWD or TZ

That's funny. I just sold a Shadow and TZ to get GoT LE and Ghostbusters.

#2661 8 years ago

Installed the mezel pyramid and ram yesterday. Will perhaps make some better photos, just had to get some quick photos after i put on the glass before going to bed.

got_pyramid_(resized).jpggot_pyramid_(resized).jpg

got_ram2_(resized).jpggot_ram2_(resized).jpg

got_ram1_(resized).jpggot_ram1_(resized).jpg

#2662 8 years ago

I just read after this year season of the show there only are two more seasons coming and both will have far less episodes. The costs of ths show are exploding. The budget of the upcoming season were around 100 millions. So perhaps if STERN could support this game with code updates for two more years. Perhaps the game code could cover some day the whole story of the show. I still think the best things are still waiting for us.

I would like tho have one more mode worked into the code for after you finished all three targaryan dragons. So that there could be a strategy that you focus on them before you go to hand of the king. Normaly I try to ignore them in the beginning of the game. And I think it would be fun to have one more way to attack this game. As I see it for now you start as a knight of one house and your goal is to conquer the others to become the hand of the king and later you can sit on the iron throne if you win over all houses and even the tagaryens. That is the normal progression in this game. But the dragons are the a-bombs of their time and it would be cool if you can sneak to a special mini wizard mode if you can defeat all three dragons in the beginning of the game.

#2663 8 years ago

That would be cool, but I wonder if the license allows for it? I have no idea how any of hose license agreements work.

But yeah, having a game that updated parts of the game as the show progresses would be incredible. Haha

#2664 8 years ago

Hi, folks. Not a member of the club yet but hope to be as soon as I sell my LOTR. I know I'm amongst enablers here, but is there anything that I, as the epitome of inpetitude in electronics/mechanical dumbassness, need to worry about in terms of owning a GOT Premium? My biggest concern is the "left orbit stuck ball" issue. Is this still prevalent? The only GOTP I've played is at a local arcade. Even after a few months on route it seems to look and play fine. I've never had a problem getting a ball all the way around the left or right orbit. I know the owner and he told me he hadn't done an orbit fix on it, so I'm hoping that maybe this problem isn't universal or might have been addressed in new production models?

#2665 8 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Hi, folks. Not a member of the club yet but hope to be as soon as I sell my LOTR. I know I'm amongst enablers here, but is there anything that I, as the epitome of inpetitude in electronics/mechanical dumbassness, need to worry about in terms of owning a GOT Premium? My biggest concern is the "left orbit stuck ball" issue. Is this still prevalent? The only GOTP I've played is at a local arcade. Even after a few months on route it seems to look and play fine. I've never had a problem getting a ball all the way around the left or right orbit. I know the owner and he told me he hadn't done an orbit fix on it, so I'm hoping that maybe this problem isn't universal or might have been addressed in new production models?

I mean worst case is your don't get full orbit shots from the left. It will not affect any features of the game, it just obstructs the flow. Also the ball tends to bounce out of the throne when sent up there, and sometimes when the right orbit is lit to send it up to the upper playfield or throne it can reject. Other than that, I've heard of no issues with the premium that isn't the same with all other pinball machines.

However if you get. New in box game, anything's possible.

#2666 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I would never be able to play this game at 6.5 pitch. 6.9 seems to be a really good sweet spot. IMO.

no problem with right ramp from right hand?

i just have one for real now (i have had one on location at home) and i checked the inclination of the playfield. result is 7.5°
it seems to me a little strong but i still get this right ramp with right hand

i will try 6.9

#2667 8 years ago

Well i just received my GOT Pro today and noticed it all works perfect except.....when i first start the game it doesn't give me the chance to select which house I want to play. It just says "Winter is coming" and starts. I do have the topper as well if that makes a difference. Anyone have any ideas why?

#2668 8 years ago

yeah, there is an adjustment you need to turnoff:

V1.03 - October 13, 2015
Added Casual Mode Adjustment.
Factory PRO will be YES and NO for PRE/LE
No House selection at the start. PLayers will be HOUSE STARK.
STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
GREYJOY starts lit.
No option to PASS on choose your battle
If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt
during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.
Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.

#2669 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

yeah, there is an adjustment you need to turnoff:
V1.03 - October 13, 2015
Added Casual Mode Adjustment.
Factory PRO will be YES and NO for PRE/LE
No House selection at the start. PLayers will be HOUSE STARK.
STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
GREYJOY starts lit.
No option to PASS on choose your battle
If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt
during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.
Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.

Yes...you've made my day, thanks heaps for your help! Better go and give it a crack now

#2670 8 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yes...you've made my day, thanks heaps for your help! Better go and give it a crack now

Np!
Its a fantastic game!

#2671 8 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Well i just received my GOT Pro today and noticed it all works perfect except.....when i first start the game it doesn't give me the chance to select which house I want to play. It just says "Winter is coming" and starts. I do have the topper as well if that makes a difference. Anyone have any ideas why?

Which rom?
I notice on 1.23 you need to put down on the lockbar button during 2-3 second and you sélect.
With the 1.26, just use the flip to sélect the house

#2672 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

no problem with right ramp from right hand?
i just have one for real now (i have had one on location at home) and i checked the inclination of the playfield. result is 7.5°
it seems to me a little strong but i still get this right ramp with right hand
i will try 6.9

Yea I can backhand the right ramp without issues, sometimes on the fly. Center ramp from left flipper is no problem either.

Only awkward shot I get from time to time is back handing left orbit with left flipper. Sometimes it does a weird rattle and will brick and come back down. It didn't used to do this and Doesn't happen too often and I haven't dug in to see what the problem is; anyone else have this?

#2673 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Only awkward shot I get from time to time is back handing left orbit with left flipper. Sometimes it does a weird rattle and will brick and come back down. It didn't used to do this and Doesn't happen too often and I haven't dug in to see what the problem is; anyone else have this?

That's called missing the shot!

#2674 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea I can backhand the right ramp without issues, sometimes on the fly. Center ramp from left flipper is no problem either.

I have noticed that it is earlier on some games and later on mine. I suck at the GOT on location that I play in tournaments once a month because the shots on that one are just a bit off mine at home.

#2675 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes, same for me.

#2676 8 years ago

Prem/LE gameplay still better than pro?

#2677 8 years ago

Pro gameplay is better IMO

#2678 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Prem/LE gameplay still better than pro?

Was it ever better than the Pro? Heyo!

Seriously though, you want more to shoot for, get the prem. If you want a faster game that has no obstructed shots, go Pro. Light show is much more intense on Prem as well. Pro's light show is good, but the Prem light show is great.

#2679 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seriously though, you want more to shoot for, get the prem. If you want a faster game that has no obstructed shots, go Pro. Light show is much more intense on Prem as well. Pro's light show is good, but the Prem light show is great.

I think it is cool that they are such different games with the same basic ruleset. To be honest, I didn't care for the gameplay of the Premium... but I really think that is just because I am so used to my Pro. I also don't like not being able to see the ball sometimes, so the Pro just fits my sensibilities better.

And I will agree, better light show on the Prem, but the play on the Pro just hits it for me. All just my opinion.

#2680 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from DaveH:

I think it is cool that they are such different games with the same basic ruleset. To be honest, I didn't care for the gameplay of the Premium... but I really think that is just because I am so used to my Pro. I also don't like not being able to see the ball sometimes, so the Pro just fits my sensibilities better.
And I will agree, better light show on the Prem, but the play on the Pro just hits it for me. All just my opinion.

These 2 posts nailed it but to add to that, which not many people mention in regards to pro vs prem, is that the games rules is built around multipliers and combo multipliers. I feel the pro compliments this rule set better cause it's faster, more intense, and has better return shots to setup the next multiplier cash in. Plus, I find myself having to hit the dragon shot more on the pro than premium (satisfying risk/reward shot).

#2681 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

These 2 posts nailed it but to add to that, which not many people mention in regards to pro vs prem, is that the games rules is built around multipliers and combo multipliers. I feel the pro compliments this rule set better cause it's faster, more intense, and has better return shots to setup the next multiplier cash in.

Agreed. If they can ever get the orbit issue fixed though that advantage to the pro will be gone. One thing I like about the premium/LE is the ability to add time to modes via the mini PF.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Plus, I find myself having to hit the dragon shot more on the pro than premium (satisfying risk/reward shot).

I'm actually 100% opposite of this. This would be true (to me) if you never went for wall MB. The pro and premium have the same shots to complete the modes while the pro adds the shot to the dragon of the mystery. The prem/le has the mystery on the right loop and the wall MB advance at the dragon. I find myself shooting the dragon more frequently on the prem/le as I'm always wanting to stack wall MB with a couple of modes or WHC.

For the prem/le - I found the mini PF boring until I put some lightening flippers up there. That added just enough challenge to make things more interesting but still allow me to progress if I'm shooting well.

To me GOT is a lot like MET when it comes to the pro vs prem/le discussion. Really can't go wrong with either one if you like the chose your own adventure type of games. I think people will argue till days end (like we do in the Met thread) about which is better. At the end of the day, you're going to have to get time on both to see which you prefer over the other as it's going to be personal preferences.

#2682 8 years ago

I'll add... Am I the only person that never watched the show until they played the pinball game and is now hooked on the show? Thank goodness for on demand. Been catching episodes here and there and I've decided I now need to start at the beginning to figure out what is going on.

#2683 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do i have the same game?

It is pretty rare i can do this center ramp with left hand and the awkward shot impossible or on the fly like u said and with luck.
Does the upper right switch ( martell) work systematicaly on your game? On mine, it works at least 9 times out of 10. But it can happen according to the trajectory, the ball misses the switch.

On the 1.26, i don't like martell callout fight. What does it say?

#2684 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll add... Am I the only person that never watch the show until they played the pinball game and is now hooked on the show? Thank goodness for on demand. Been catching episodes here and there and I've decided I now need to start at the beginning to figure out what is going on.

Get them done before Sunday. New season starts then and I'm sure something insane is going to happen.

#2685 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Agreed. If they can ever get the orbit issue fixed though that advantage to the pro will be gone. One thing I like about the premium/LE is the ability to add time to modes via the mini PF.

I'm actually 100% opposite of this. This would be true (to me) if you never went for wall MB. The pro and premium have the same shots to complete the modes while the pro adds the shot to the dragon of the mystery. The prem/le has the mystery on the right loop and the wall MB advance at the dragon. I find myself shooting the dragon more frequently on the prem/le as I'm always wanting to stack wall MB with a couple of modes or WHC.
For the prem/le - I found the mini PF boring until I put some lightening flippers up there. That added just enough challenge to make things more interesting but still allow me to progress if I'm shooting well.
To me GOT is a lot like MET when it comes to the pro vs prem/le discussion. Really can't go wrong with either one if you like the chose your own adventure type of games. I think people will argue till days end (like we do in the Met thread) about which is better. At the end of the day, you're going to have to get time on both to see which you prefer over the other as it's going to be personal preferences.

I don't want to get into a pro v prem debate. They're both great for different reasons. But, that's a great idea for lightning flippers on the upper pf!!

Quoted from 85vett:

I'll add... Am I the only person that never watch the show until they played the pinball game and is now hooked on the show? Thank goodness for on demand. Been catching episodes here and there and I've decided I now need to start at the beginning to figure out what is going on.

Ive watched all seasons in past but currently watching them all again with HBO GO. I'm up to season 4 and I'm watching with cc (subtitles) on which has helped a ton vs the first time I watched it. I highly recommend putting the cc on so you can follow all the characters better. Enjoy, it's a great series IMO!

#2686 8 years ago

Do i have the same game?
It is pretty rare i can do this center ramp with left hand and the awkward shot impossible or on the fly like u said and with luck.
Does the upper right switch ( martell) work systematicaly on your game? On mine, it works at least 9 times out of 10. But it can happen according to the trajectory, the ball misses the switch.

Those back handed ramps are a non issue for me but I've read others have had it. Weird! My Martel switch does seem to act weird at times. I think it registers cause I hear a sound effect but sometimes don't get rewarded for the mode shot. This typically seems to happen when I have stacked modes with WHC or BW multiballs. Either it's coincidence or software related.

#2687 8 years ago

I definitely shoot the Dragon shot more on the pre/le than on the pro. As far as the show, I've always been a fan. THIS SUNDAY starts the new season, something I've been waiting for about 9 months to get here!!!!!!!!

Khaleesi_and_dragon_(resized).JPGKhaleesi_and_dragon_(resized).JPG

#2688 8 years ago

Do i have the same game?

Seems to be machine specific. The one in the tournament area of TPF, I couldn't complete the center ramp from the left flipper to save my life. Even clean shots seemed to stop halfway up. I also rarely could backhand the right ramp. The pro I play on location I can cleanly make center ramp shots from the left flipper without an issue. Still can't backhand the right ramp with much success. My LE at home I can backhand the right ramp with a clean shot and can make the center ramp with the left flipper without much of a problem.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't want to get into a pro v prem debate. They're both great for different reasons. But, that's a great idea for lightning flippers on the upper pf!!

Did it for cosmetic reasons at first (hated how the flippers stuck out into the center drain) then grew to really like it from a game place perspective after a couple of games. I'd suggest every prem/LE owner to give it a try. Only $10 if you don't like it but if you find the mini PF kind of boring it's worth a shot.

#2689 8 years ago

Has anyone made any good instruction/pricing cards? Looking at those ugly yellow stern cards is getting old. Was going to try and make some but didn't want to re-invent the wheel.

#2690 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Has anyone made any good instruction/pricing cards? Looking at those ugly yellow stern cards is getting old. Was going to try and make some but didn't want to re-invent the wheel.

I have these on my Pro.

GOT_Cards.pngGOT_Cards.png

#2691 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-rules-and-custom-instruction-cards

#2692 8 years ago

Is a metal apron available?

#2693 8 years ago

I'm using these....

GameOfThronesV1Rev_(resized).jpgGameOfThronesV1Rev_(resized).jpg

#2694 8 years ago

Picking up a GoT Premium this weekend so I'll soon be in the club.
Can anyone link a rule sheet or best video on how to play?

#2695 8 years ago

Here's a few:

Home Leisure Direct posted some decent YouTube vids this week:
Playlist - 7 videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj1kypAWfgD263BEAoNklAF-j2IHp-RCJ

Keith Elwin:

Buffalo Pinball:

Have a blast!

#2696 8 years ago

Played an LE recently with two pretty constant design issues. The loops rarely make it around and the right ramp flies off regularly from the left flipper and doesn't complete the shot to the upper PF. I've read a lot about the loop issue. Anything in the works for the ramp problem?

Also, does the pro version have these issues?

Thanks.

#2697 8 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Nope. There are fixes out there/in the works for the Prem/LE issues though.

#2698 8 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Played an LE recently with two pretty constant design issues. The loops rarely make it around and the right ramp flies off regularly from the left flipper and doesn't complete the shot to the upper PF. I've read a lot about the loop issue. Anything in the works for the ramp problem?
Thanks.

The ramp fix is an easy one. You just have to put spacers under the front of the shield that covers it. Problem solved.

Capguntrooper's fix for the orbit issue works wonderfully...but I have a diverter issue I have to tinker with now. I'm...almost...there...

#2699 8 years ago

I've not had any ramp issues - no update in that area for me.

Capgun's diverter mod, along with replacing top in-lane rubbers with coil sleeves and adding washers under the screw heads in the orbit lanes has effectively fixed the left orbit issues for me. I get fast & smooth left and right orbits.

#2700 8 years ago

Finally made it to Iron Throne last night. Gotta say it was a major let down. Mode design was OK but their were no callouts and practically no animations at all. Hopefully something more will be put in there in the next update as HOTK felt much more polished. Still love the game but would be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed in that mode.

Last night was another great example of having to maximize points in this game vs just getting through modes. My plan was to just get as far as I could so I finished all the modes as fast as possible without worrying about multipliers. I finished 2 BWMB's, WHC, Wall MB, HOTK and was one house away from beating Iron Throne. Total score was only 3.2 billion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.