Topic Stats

• 6,421 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 788 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BF24C75A-0753-4413-99D9-6DA9938307C3 (resized).jpeg
CCDE49BF-C446-41EC-BE42-EC0E52FF3F20 (resized).jpeg
60377B7D-C3CD-41B6-9ECB-1652B4EDEA3F (resized).jpeg
GOT Topper (resized).png
d80ed54809506201697f6cde80dd4a423d45697e (resized).jpg
IMG-20200511-WA0002 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200524_011013 (resized).jpg
83D80ADD-BED1-4726-8BC6-E8F3D5B055B6.jpeg
20200411_163221 (resized).jpg
20200411_163124 (resized).jpg
20200411_163155 (resized).jpg
20200411_163454 (resized).jpg
20200411_163101 (resized).jpg
20200411_162957 (resized).jpg
GOT twitch event (resized).jpg
gotrammezel (resized).jpg

There are 6421 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 129.
#2601 4 years ago

I need an intro turorial like first 2 house strategy or how to start out...

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Nerfed? Are you meaning this to be removed or made harder?Defeating any house with Greyjoy should be harder since you get their power but definitely not removed.

I mean that when playing as greyjoy, conoleting the Martell mode is no harder than if you are playing as any other house. It needs to be harder IMO.

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So who here thinks Martell add a ball should get nerfed? I'm thinking make it a once a game feature than once per ball.

I vote NO. First LOL and now Martell add a ball? Keep your paws off my crutches! You can always choose NOT to hit the blinking button.

#2604 4 years ago

I agree it should be made harder but not removed.

#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I agree it should be made harder but not removed.

Yeah it's any easy change. Just make it so you have to complete the purple shots too. And if you don't complete the mode it completely resets.

#2606 4 years ago

A premium and an LE just got listed locally to me

#2607 4 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

A premium and an LE just got listed locally to me

Buy robs, I'm sure he'll give you a good price.

#2608 4 years ago

I am tempted but your advice has me worried about getting a Prem or LE.

#2609 4 years ago

Just set up my gorgeous new GoT Premium on location at Flat Top Johnny's (1 Kendall Sq Cambridge, MA 02139)! People are loving it so far. Come check us out!

12987112_10156780747695634_7773825710616068932_n_(resized).jpg

#2610 4 years ago

Anyone install the Stark side rails? Can't believe you have to drill all those new holes :-/ Any wouldn't gold look better than silver? Just talking out loud here...

#2611 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I mean that when playing as greyjoy, conoleting the Martell mode is no harder than if you are playing as any other house. It needs to be harder IMO.

As for GJ in general. Would be cool to have a setting that you could set it to that if you fail to beat the house the first attempt you lose the ability to gain their power. You play them again to beat the house but no awards are granted.

#2612 4 years ago

I just ordered a 50 pack of these from China. I might add them to the inlane plastics or I was thinking about sticking them to the blue protectors and not having the plastics on.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

As for GJ in general. Would be cool to have a setting that you could set it to that if you fail to beat the house the first attempt you lose the ability to gain their power. You play them again to beat the house but no awards are granted.

This would really force me to hone in my shot making skills. I like it.

#2614 4 years ago

I've got a new challenge for everyone. In the spirit of the Masters in golf, it's low score time....

Who can do worse in this situation.

Playing as GJ
- Had all houses beat but Targaryen.
- Got BM MB twice
- Got the Super stack of WHC and Wall MB
- Made it through the first round of HOTK

Final score - 1.2 billion. It's like I had to try to miss all the good points in the game to score that low but get that deep into things. Crazy fun game to force you to shoot correctly to score big. This game is so much more than just getting through the modes and this proves it. Heck I had 900 million the game before just on my BWMB.

#2615 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I've got a new challenge for everyone. In the spirit of the Masters in golf, it's low score time....
Playing as GJ
- Got BM MB twice
Final score - 1.2 billion. It's like I had to try to miss all the good points in the game to score that low but get that deep into things. Crazy fun game to force you to shoot correctly to score big. This game is so much more than just getting through the modes and this proves it. Heck I had 900 million the game before just on my BWMB.

Haha. I had a game that was barely over a billion, and I had the identical run as you except no super stack. Wow. You got me beat sir. You just might be as horribly awesome at pinball as I am.

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Playing as GJ
- Got BM MB twice

Too true!!! That kind of game should score 5 bil minimum! And you got 1.2! Good stuff

#2617 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Have you chedked the kit at titan pinball? They have a got pro kit listed if you log in. but dont know if that ius blindly taken from sterns manual or not.

Thanks for that! Titan didn't have that list last time I checked the site. And it did match up to sterns online manual.

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for that! Titan didn't have that list last time I checked the site. And it did match up to sterns online manual.

So it is probably wrong?

#2619 4 years ago

I wonder if it is possible to make a mod that acts more like the dragon on the PREM/LE? With a smooth flapping motion, instead of the on/off motion of the pro-dragon. Or if this is something Stern could sell as a mod or something.

#2620 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I wonder if it is possible to make a mod that acts more like the dragon on the PREM/LE? With a smooth flapping motion, instead of the on/off motion of the pro-dragon. Or if this is something Stern could sell as a mod or something.

Not likely as the mechs are completely different.

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I put that one together. I need to change the ring behind the drops. I think Stern had 1 3/4" and the game had a 2" on there. I'll change that this morning.

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Anything is possible with time and money but I don't see it being a cheap mod.

You would need the Prem/LE mech or re-invent the wheel on how it works. With the pro it has a coil that moves the wings (why it is so jerky) on the prem/le it is a motor with a gear on it. The slower spinning motor is what gives it the smoother flapping.

Once you get the motor and gear part worked out you would need some way to run it. Seems like you could hook up some type of timed relay that would run the motor for a couple of seconds after the coil fired. I'm not an electrical person but my mind thinks of it like this:

- Coil attaches to a signal received section of a relay that would close the circuit.
- The closed circuit would active some sort of timed device
- the motor/gear would attach to the timed device that would send power to it for ____ seconds.

Now when the coil fires it gives constant power to the gear/motor for that time period thus giving you the smooth flapping. Doesn't seem worth the time/money but I'm sure there are a handful of people on this site that could make it work.

#2623 4 years ago

A mod that I would love to see is someway to link up speaker light kits and undercab lighting to the action button to change to your house color and just mimic the behavior of the action button. Also have flashing effect too during modes and Multiballs.

I know we've mentioned this multiple times, but I just want to keep throwing out there in case someone capable is willing to tackle it. Haha

#2624 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anything is possible with time and money but I don't see it being a cheap mod.
You would need the Prem/LE mech or re-invent the wheel on how it works. With the pro it has a coil that moves the wings (why it is so jerky) on the prem/le it is a motor with a gear on it. The slower spinning motor is what gives it the smoother flapping.
Once you get the motor and gear part worked out you would need some way to run it. Seems like you could hook up some type of timed relay that would run the motor for a couple of seconds after the coil fired. I'm not an electrical person but my mind thinks of it like this:
- Coil attaches to a signal received section of a relay that would close the circuit.
- The closed circuit would active some sort of timed device
- the motor/gear would attach to the timed device that would send power to it for ___ seconds.
Now when the coil fires it gives constant power to the gear/motor for that time period thus giving you the smooth flapping. Doesn't seem worth the time/money but I'm sure there are a handful of people on this site that could make it work.

Sounds like a crazy amount of work. I spent lots of time and money adding a bunch of stuff to my Star Trek Pro. Conclusion (for me anyway): if you want a premium get it. I love my Star Trek but if I had to do it over I would do it differently.

#2625 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Conclusion (for me anyway): if you want a premium get it.

hehe yeah, of course that would be the easiest. The pro dragon does not really bother me, it just looks a little retarded.
But I actually like the gameplay of the pro better than the premium, thats why I thought to "put it out there"

#2626 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So it is probably wrong?

Quoted from Hougie:

I put that one together. I need to change the ring behind the drops. I think Stern had 1 3/4" and the game had a 2" on there. I'll change that this morning.

I guess I'll find out, put my order in last night. Whether it's 1 3/4 or 2", should be fine For that spot I hope. I'll update if the 1 3/4" works and I'll share pics if it turns out good.

#2627 4 years ago

The smaller one worked but it is tight.

#2628 4 years ago

Anyone know if titan is putting rubber placement chart with the kits they send out?

#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Anyone know if titan is putting rubber placement chart with the kits they send out?

No, they do not. I just pull them off and replace one at a time.

#2630 4 years ago

So I was having my standard game of getting nothing out of all the MBs and modes. I HD been through HOTK, 3 BWMBs, the super stack, and completed six houses, and only had about 1.8 billion. I was on ball three so not like I could get another chance, so I tried the spinner strat as it was giving be 100,000,000 per spin. I was able to grind out another 1.2 billion just from that shot.

So I would say if your in a tournament and get to that point, it would be worth it to stick with that shot as there is nothing safer to shoot for IMO if you've been through all that stuff I mentioned already.

#2631 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A mod that I would love to see is someway to link up speaker light kits and undercab lighting to the action button to change to your house color and just mimic the behavior of the action button. Also have flashing effect too during modes and Multiballs.
I know we've mentioned this multiple times, but I just want to keep throwing out there in case someone capable is willing to tackle it. Haha

My buddy's an electrician and is going to introduce me to his friend that's an electrical engineer, I plan to talk to him about doing this properly.

#2632 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have some rolls of 5volt rgb that will do it

#2633 4 years ago

i just wanted to post my troubles with GOT resulting in adding the stern factory shaker motor from gameplay day one...

broken right flipper EOS
broken right flipper EOS switch actuator
re-seat connectors to coin door (tech switch button fails)

these were not a result of wear and tear, but a result from the shaker as i feel that the lack of having transformer weight in the new spike systems just makes these machine poor candidates for shaker motors. FYI

#2634 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

also, i'd recommend turning off extra balls for home use only, it makes the game much more challenging to reach iron throne.

Show off. I need 15 EBs to get IT.

#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Show off. I need 15 EBs to get IT.

sorry, i deleted that as i was thinking out loud. gotta get ready for the showdown, all extra balls off and ball save times down

but seriously, reconsider putting shaker motors in your spike sterns. i love the effects, but the issues arising in 4 months (compared to my metallica with a shaker for 1.5 years) are just not worth it.

#2636 4 years ago

i just wanted to post my troubles with GOT resulting in adding the stern factory shaker motor from gameplay day one...
broken right flipper EOS
these were not a result of wear and tear, but a result from the shaker as i feel that the lack of having transformer weight in the new spike systems just makes these machine poor candidates for shaker motors. FYI

I don't follow. I get far less shake in my GOT than I do several of my other sterns.

A shaker motor isn't going to break your EOS. That's got to be a coincidence or damage occurred during the installation of the shaker (brushed against it when putting the shaker in). Are you running the Stern shaker or the cointaker one? I've heard the cointaker one is more powerfull but neither is going to break parts lose that weren't already going to break.

#2637 4 years ago

I found the Spike shaker to be a bit over the top with the default position of the counterweights. I reoriented the weights to tone down the effect.

I absolutely LOVE the effect the shaker motor brings to the machine.

#2638 4 years ago

The PBL shaker is perfect. Even with standard setup I feel the shake is perfect. Not too much, not too little.

#2639 4 years ago

broken right flipper EOS

Stern shaker from day one with ZERO issues.

#2640 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I don't follow. I get far less shake in my GOT than I do several of my other sterns.
A shaker motor isn't going to break your EOS. That's got to be a coincidence or damage occurred during the installation of the shaker (brushed against it when putting the shaker in). Are you running the Stern shaker or the cointaker one? I've heard the cointaker one is more powerfull but neither is going to break parts lose that weren't already going to break.

i had the stern factory shaker, and set to 'minimal' setting its entire time. i, and a friend of mine, both believe the lack of weight in the front of the cab in spike systems is resulting in effecting components more than it would in previous machines with transformers located to counter the shaker weight distribution in the front of the machine. i turned it off, we'll see if anything else fails within the next 3 months, i would doubt it. the component failures were not typical, they were breaks in the materials resulting from something other than wear and tear imo. i may just pull it out and sell it.

#2641 4 years ago

i had the stern factory shaker, and set to 'minimal' setting its entire time. i, and a friend of mine, both believe the lack of weight in the front of the cab in spike systems is resulting in effecting components more than it would in previous machines with transformers located to counter the shaker weight distribution in the front of the machine. i turned it off, we'll see if anything else fails within the next 3 months, i would doubt it. the component failures were not typical, they were breaks in the materials resulting from something other than wear and tear imo. i may just pull it out and sell it.

Until we hear of multiple of these instances, I would considered it coincidence and an isolated incident.

#2642 4 years ago

broken right flipper EOS

LOL! If those are the only issues you have had, you are lucky. I know all the tech guys and warehouse people over at STERN between GOTLE and KISSLE. I just cc everyone with my distributor with the dozen or more warranty fixes I have had to do for each game. I have come to the realization that it is not just a short end of stick scenario with these machines and more of a cost cutting poor quality issue. Keep on flipping until you can't

#2643 4 years ago

I hate shakers. There...take that!

#2644 4 years ago

I've never liked shaker motors either. I will never put one on any of my pins. I do understand why some people like them but they are not for me.

#2645 4 years ago

Shaker integration in GOT PRO is pretty sweet tbh.

#2646 4 years ago

Shaker turns up the fun imo

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hate shakers. There...take that!

Why?

#2648 4 years ago

Guys,

Picked up a figure at the local comic shop and found a perfect spot. She is even wearing the same outfit as the backglass!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2649 4 years ago

Maybe she can reach over there and hold the ball in the throne!

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Maybe she can reach over there and hold the ball in the throne!

If your ball does not stay in the throne fix it. I've never had a problem with it bouncing out in over 500 games, maybe I've see 3 bounce out. That's not a problem that's pinball. So if your is bouncing out more there has to be a reason why.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fremont, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 6421 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 129.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside