371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 144.
#2501 7 years ago

Man I can't wait to get on my GOT to try this before Dwight fixes it. Haha.

#2502 7 years ago

I think there's another bug in the WHC + BFW super stack too. It seems if you can keep a ball in the pops, the ball saver never goes away.

#2503 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think there's another bug in the WHC + BFW super stack too. It seems if you can keep a ball in the pops, the ball saver never goes away.

Yeah the ball saver seems very long during that but I just assumed it combined the two MBs ball savers so it gave you the better part of a minute to flip away. Plus I feel like I get the add a ball from the pops almost every time I do the super stack.

#2504 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah the ball saver seems very long during that but I just assumed it combined the two MBs ball savers so it gave you the better part of a minute to flip away. Plus I feel like I get the add a ball from the pops almost every time I do the super stack.

I love it, hope it doesnt get nerfed too bad cause you sacrafice other elements of the game to pull off the super stack.

#2505 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I love it, hope it doesnt get nerfed too bad cause you sacrafice other elements of the game to pull off the super stack.

Yeah I mean I don't see why that would need to be nerfed. I mean I had one for over 2 billion, but I got like 5 SJPs at least from WMB, and made it to at least the 2 or third level of WHC. That on top of the weird, risky route you have to take getting there, I think that area of the game is fine.

#2506 7 years ago

Keith should have totally pulled out a Mic out of his pocket, dropped it on the pin, let his ball drain, and walk away.

#2507 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not to exceed 5 million base value of the stark bonus round shots? Yeah, definitely a bug. It gives you 193,100,000 base value for those shots after you collect the SJPHU.

I explained how to do it during the broadcast of the finals when Bowen was playing got.

#2508 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I explained how to do it during the broadcast of the finals when Bowen was playing got.

Cool. Thanks for chiming in on that. And then showing us later haha. That was nuts.

#2509 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Holy shit KME just destroyed the GOT at PAPA Circuit finals and got 17 billion after ball two. Haha. He had a 15 plus billion HOTK mode. He somehow was getting 2-3 billion per shot during the stark bonus rounds after he got his first hurry up. I think he got two hurry ups in the same HOTK MB. It was crazy to see.
This was all after basically draining on purpose on ball one to have add a ball for HOTK.
Great job Keith! Congrats!

It was the Red Wedding of pinball. Well played, Keith. Well played.

#2510 7 years ago

Yeah, Keith said on the broadcast that when you get to your 3rd round of Stark 20 second time, the shots are all multiplied by a factor of 10.

#2511 7 years ago

I found a bug for sure last night. I got the whc/wmb super stack. As i drained down to one ball i shot the right orbit and it was lit for mystery, so the ball went up to the throne. Then I was like oh snap, i haven't used my add a ball. So I hit the button and it then showed me both totals for whc and wmb. I'm thinking i was too late on my add a ball. Then it accepted the add a ball and started the stack all over again. I played the stack again for a long time and when i drained down to one ball, it showed me totals AGAIN for whc and wmb. Pretty cool but quite strange.

#2512 7 years ago

Man I got no idea whats goin on...

t_(resized).jpgt_(resized).jpg

#2513 7 years ago
Quoted from twisty4678:

Really enjoying my GOT pro. Does anyone have a list of modifications that should be done to protect the game fully? I plan on doing shooter lane protection and Mylar around flipper buttons, but am I missing anything? Thanks!

Any input on this question? Thanks!

#2514 7 years ago

I added mylar to the bare sheet metal behind the upper playfield, where the ball hits, lands and then runs down the ramp. Hopefully this will help minimize metal shavings I was seeing early on.

#2515 7 years ago
Quoted from twisty4678:

Any input on this question? Thanks!

I replaced all the balls with oooo shiny balls from PBL. I put Mylar in the shooter lane and at the ball trough hole. I put silicone rings on the whole game from Titan. I also put plastic protectors on it. That's it for my game.

#2516 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I added mylar to the bare sheet metal behind the upper playfield, where the ball hits, lands and then runs down the ramp. Hopefully this will help minimize metal shavings I was seeing early on.

Did that day one and have had no shavings

#2517 7 years ago

I have a theory that perhaps the PAPA circuit finals game was not on the latest code anyway.

https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/v/59008075?t=03h39m09s - Keith gets the LoL from the drops.
https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/v/59008075?t=03h44m50s - LoL gets used, but very shortly gets re-lit from the drops.

I understand that in the latest code, one LoL from the drops per game is the default. Now I do know that you can change that setting in the operator menu, but I highly doubt it would intentionally be turned on an easier setting for a tournament among the top players in the world. The only other explanation is that it's the default behavior on earlier code -- and perhaps, just perhaps, it's a non-reproducable bug on 1.26. This is just speculation, and I could be proven wrong.

#2518 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I have a theory that perhaps the PAPA circuit finals game was not on the latest code anyway.
https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/v/59008075?t=03h39m09s - Keith gets the LoL from the drops.
https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/v/59008075?t=03h44m50s - LoL gets used, but very shortly gets re-lit from the drops.
I understand that in the latest code, one LoL from the drops per game is the default. Now I do know that you can change that setting in the operator menu, but I highly doubt it would intentionally be turned on an easier setting for a tournament among the top players in the world. The only other explanation is that it's the default behavior on earlier code -- and perhaps, just perhaps, it's a non-reproducable bug on 1.26. This is just speculation, and I could be proven wrong.

I can test it with the glass off, but I'm almost positive it's still there in 1.26. I agree with you though that they were playing old code yesterday.

#2519 7 years ago

If so I wonder if that was done to intentionally make it harder to get right loop shots to register during MBs

#2520 7 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

If so I wonder if that was done to intentionally make it harder to get right loop shots to register during MBs

No way. But I guess anything's possible.

#2521 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I replaced all the balls with oooo shiny balls from PBL. I put Mylar in the shooter lane and at the ball trough hole. I put silicone rings on the whole game from Titan. I also put plastic protectors on it. That's it for my game.

Wonderful, thanks for the input. Already replaced the balls. Ordered some sheets of Mylar so will be hitting up the shooter lane next. In addition to the metal plate on the right side where the ball hits. Only have a pro so don't have to worry about the metal behind the upper playfield!

#2522 7 years ago

I am so tempted by this game but I don't know if I am willing to part with TWD yet..

#2523 7 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I am so tempted by this game but I don't know if I am willing to part with TWD yet..

That's a tuffy right there.

#2524 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a tuffy right there.

Yep..

#2525 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Me too, it's the last uncolored DMD game I own.

Still?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2526 7 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Tough decision. How have you been liking TWD? Do you have my sound package in?

Id stay clear of a GOT PREM to be honest. GOT in general is a different kind of shooter - simple, but effective and fun. I think Dwights code really makes this game a winner but he still has a lot of work to do to get it polished and refined. It's definitely a shooters and thinkers pin - not much on the surface, but watch out when you start peeling the onion. I can see my GOT sticking around a long time but I have 1 or 2 other pins coming in so don't know if I'd feel that way if it was the only pin I had for life - but I've been loving it in a solo collection so far.

I think TWD is a great game but there are some nuances that rattled my brain to sell it. I may pick up a pro down the road but I have 3 or 4 other pins I'd rather get first.

Have you thought about GB PRO or PREMIUM yet? Hopefully we see GBLE gameplay soon.

#2527 7 years ago

I am liking TWD but I am thinking I might enjoy the pro better. The bicycle girl ramp and crossbow don't do a thing for me. I would miss the RGB lighting and the extra mag, spinner and drop. I still have your sound package and love it. The rules kick butt. GB looks fun also.

#2528 7 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I am liking TWD but I am thinking I might enjoy the pro better. The bicycle girl ramp and crossbow don't do a thing for me. I would miss the RGB lighting and the extra mag, spinner and drop. I still have your sound package and love it. The rules kick butt. GB looks fun also.

You're not gonna hate TWD Pro at all. Great great game.

#2529 7 years ago

Hold off on getting the mezel ram for now folks. Mine busted on the side after 10 plays. I cannot upload pics at the moment. I'll get one up soon.

Edit: it appears I put the ram cover on backwards. I will report back after I fix it and play a bunch of games with it correctly installed.

#2530 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hold off on getting the mezel ram for now folks. Mine busted on the side after 10 plays. I cannot upload pics at the moment. I'll get one up soon.
Edit: it appears I put the ram cover on backwards. I will report back after I fix it and play a bunch of games with it correctly installed.

Its on its way to me already
But, backwards? Is not the head supposed to be smashing into the "gate"?

#2531 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Its on its way to me already
But, backwards? Is not the head supposed to be smashing into the "gate"?

Haha. Yeah yeah really funny. The cover is one piece and the head is another piece. I put the cover on backwards. There is a tapered end on the cover. Make sure that is the end facing the player.

#2532 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Yeah yeah really funny. The cover is one piece and the head is another piece. I put the cover on backwards. There is a tapered end on the cover. Make sure that is the end facing the player.

Thanks for the headsup!

#2533 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dang mine is on backwards too I guess. I assumed the tapered end was supposed to face the backbox and was there to give the Ram horns a little bit of extra clearance. Thanks for the heads up, UG now I have to deal with those black spacers again FML.

#2534 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Dang mine is on backwards too I guess. I assumed the tapered end was supposed to face the backbox and was there to give the Ram horns a little bit of extra clearance. Thanks for the heads up, UG now I have to deal with those black spacers again FML.

Haha. I know right? Well at least they aren't as bad as the spacers on the pyramid. Woof

#2535 7 years ago

What happens when you bring five houses into HOTK instead of four when it comes to effects on gameplay? Previously, I thought it applied all five effects even though it only calls out four at the start because when I've done it Martell wasn't listed yet I still have had to shoot each shot twice. But after seeing the bug where Keith had the martell effect without having completed the martell mode, that may have been a similar bug. If all five houses do count, then the broadcasters are wrong about Keith playing the best configuration of HOTK - the best would be Stark, Lan, GJ, Tyrell AND Targ

#2536 7 years ago

Yeah I am not sure about that either. Since is such a weird situation as you have to have 3 complete, bring two into MB and complete them both, I bet stern didn't think about that situation in the coding. I'm also not sure how the game decides which 4 houses powers to display when you have 5 houses completed.

#2537 7 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What happens when you bring five houses into HOTK instead of four when it comes to effects on gameplay? Previously, I thought it applied all five effects even though it only calls out four at the start because when I've done it Martell wasn't listed yet I still have had to shoot each shot twice. But after seeing the bug where Keith had the martell effect without having completed the martell mode, that may have been a similar bug. If all five houses do count, then the broadcasters are wrong about Keith playing the best configuration of HOTK - the best would be Stark, Lan, GJ, Tyrell AND Targ

Keith was playing as House Martell but if you re-watch the broadcast you will notice he never played that mode. In order to bring a house into HOTK, you must beat their mode (solid lit)

#2538 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bet stern didn't think about that situation in the coding.

I bet they did. Remember it would only happen if the 2 houses were completed on the same single shot.
This is funny because we've talked aboot this for weeks yet neither of us have tested it

#2539 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I bet they did. Remember it would only happen if the 2 houses were completed on the same single shot.
This is funny because we've talked aboot this for weeks yet neither of us have tested it

I'm guessing it wouldn't require the single shot to complete both houses if you are in a MB. Sounds like something fun to try and test though.

#2540 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know how to take off the glass. Didn't know about the same single shot deal either. if it's not the same single shot what happens? Does the other mode just end automatically?

#2541 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm guessing it wouldn't require the single shot to complete both houses if you are in a MB. Sounds like something fun to try and test though.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn't know about the same single shot deal either. if it's not the same single shot what happens? Does the other mode just end automatically?

Well my point is one house will always be "completed" first, unless it's a single shot...so probably (Assuming!) the first house completed would be the 4th house in HOTK.
But yes...let's try this this weekend.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't know how to take off the glass.

#2542 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well my point is one house will always be "completed" first, unless it's a single shot...so probably (Assuming!) the first house completed would be the 4th house in HOTK.
But yes...let's try this this weekend.

if the 4th and 5th house are completed at the same time with the same shot, it goes in order of the lights on the playfield:

Targaryen
Stark
Baratheon
Lannister
Greyjoy
Tyrell
Martell

#2543 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Keith was playing as House Martell but if you re-watch the broadcast you will notice he never played that mode. In order to bring a house into HOTK, you must beat their mode (solid lit)

I know. That was a key point to my question

#2544 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The way I've always done it is to compete houses four and five during a mb as suggested above

#2545 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

if the 4th and 5th house are completed at the same time with the same shot, it goes in order of the lights on the playfield:
Targaryen
Stark
Baratheon
Lannister
Greyjoy
Tyrell
Martell

Can confirm. I usually play as Martell, and whenever I manage to get a 5 house HOTK, that's usually the one that's always excluded. I think if you're clever enough to intentionally pull this off, you should get 5 houses' benefits.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The way I've always done it is to compete houses four and five during a mb as suggested above

You don't necessarily need to be in a MB. If you finish the 4th house, but still have the 5th houses' mode going on, you still have to beat (or time out) that other mode.

#2546 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Can confirm. I usually play as Martell, and whenever I manage to get a 5 house HOTK, that's usually the one that's always excluded. I think if you're clever enough to intentionally pull this off, you should get 5 houses' benefits.

So are you saying that when this happens the Martell effect isn't active in HOTK (each shot twice) or it's just the one not flashed on the screen at mode start?

#2547 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just got mine and installing now. Anyone else do this on a premium/LE? Can't figure out if I need to remove the mini playfield... Have the ram assembled, but getting it back in there looks impossible.

Edit... Ah, they must've recently changed instructions on their page or I didn't see the premium steps...
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/209831863-Battering-Ram-all-versions

#2548 7 years ago

Yeah someone post a pic of this ram...I wanna see how ugly it is

#2549 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah someone post a pic of this ram...I wanna see how ugly it is

Not my game but here is a pic.

73d65d8db656b6a270d8c4ad2b884b58c5ac6ab4_(resized).jpg73d65d8db656b6a270d8c4ad2b884b58c5ac6ab4_(resized).jpg

#2550 7 years ago

Is anyone having issues uploading pics? I'm getting an error every time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.